Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 31, 2017 1:25 AM

Oct 2013
Such a shame that it turned out like this.
Aug 31, 2017 1:30 AM

Jul 2014
Obviously, this was better than last week, but I think I still skipped at least a third of it and was still bored for most of the rest. After all, this was clearly just set-up for next week with not an awful lot happening other than right at the beginning. Hopefully things pick up somewhat next week, now that they're being sent on this survival test thing.
Aug 31, 2017 1:32 AM
Jul 2017
I can understand why LN readers are pretty mad over the adaptation. Even I, as a non LN reader, think it's pretty dumb to only give the spotlight to Horikita when there are so many characters involved. I guess it's Japan and their love for tsundere characters.
But it is still an enjoyable show, looking forward to seeing what's gonna happen on this island.
Aug 31, 2017 2:34 AM
Jun 2011
Antanaru said:
This episode emphasised what a trash and waste of time last week's was. We had to see cretin trio and there was plenty of fanservice anyway. It only resulted in pace going out of the window with every other scene being a random new subplot coming out of nowhere and going nowhere, often involving characters we don't know or never even seen before.

It looked really promising at first but now it's evident it's another butchered adaptation. It's even more jarring when series has interesting premise and all it need is not to fuck it up.
i a reader and it not butchered adaption at all
Aug 31, 2017 3:28 AM

Jul 2017
for me this episode not wasted like episode 7
still enjoyable but less intense because building up for next arc

and goddamit ayanokouji prepare to smash teacher face lol
Aug 31, 2017 5:45 AM
Oct 2016
CaptainJumBo said:
I get this weird feeling that the homeroom teacher is ayanokoji's mother/surrogate mother.
Good ep.

Same they have the same eye color and almost same hair color too and bad "personality",
like Horikita and her brother
Aug 31, 2017 5:59 AM

Dec 2014
I guess this was build up for a future episode to come...makes me excited to expect next
Aug 31, 2017 6:10 AM
Mar 2012
lots of abs, dripping with manliness
Icarus analogy with the teacher blackmail was interesting. White hair girl planning something? Then C falling out. Lots of little things starting.
Many ships starting to form with first names.
Expected something like survival test island, likely some new conflict with Karuizawa (vs Kushida or Horikita).
Aug 31, 2017 6:58 AM
Sep 2016
Who thinks Kushida has a double personality just like the Kurobane Misa in Charlotte
?
Aug 31, 2017 7:08 AM

Jan 2016
Did anybody notice that Horikita always hold her elbow at this episode? Did something happen to her?

Anyway, it's a new arc opening so nothing to really enjoy this episode ( except the fanservice like the last episode. I thought we've already had enough of it )
Aug 31, 2017 7:22 AM
Dec 2012
Thought MC-kun was gonna hit his teacher. Survival test huh.
Sakura's cute as always
・ω・
Aug 31, 2017 7:51 AM

Apr 2015
This episode was boring.

Worse and worse with every episode.

But still ending song is amazing. :)

3/5
Aug 31, 2017 8:05 AM

Jan 2011
I'm for some reaaon sense a "Grisia" camping arc for some reason or at least a show that thinks it's going to be that. Honestly at this point any shred of interest went out a long time ago. Lot of faffing, talking heads, and odd character designs that make you think of the usual cheesy mafia esque anime that's popped up over the last few years. The feeling this anime really really doesn't know what the fuck it wants to be is overwelming.
Aug 31, 2017 8:11 AM

Jun 2010
100 Students Take a boat to an island, and now they have to survive. Here wear these wrist watches, they explode if they try to take them off. Watch Ayanokoji hide in a bathroom with Kushida for 45 Minutes, while things get spicy.
Aug 31, 2017 8:55 AM

May 2009
Fanservice The Episode part two... wait.
Alright alright compared to last episode it wasn't exactly that. However I still feel they wasted a lot of minuets on.. nothing, really. It got interesting at the last 5 seconds, lol.
I hope this island experience does something to the story and/or the characters, otherwise I might still drop it.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Aug 31, 2017 8:55 AM

Mar 2013
MC's scene with the homeroom teacher at the beginning was too random. He just meets her and she tells him he's going to be expelled for no fucking reason. Lol wot?

I really wonder what's the fees of school tbh XD
Doesn't really look like they hold tough entrance exams since we got poor batch of students as well.

Aye, what kind of kinky shit the leader of class C and girl together in his room eh? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 31, 2017 9:11 AM
Mar 2014
Ando said:
Tadashi_ said:

Do you have a source for this?

It's mostly what I've read on here, but it makes sense with all the liberties Lerche has taken with this adaptation. I would also be pretty upset if I read the LN.

Here are some direct links: 1 2

I predicted this backlash...I dont know when they start planning episode 7, but they are definitely underestimating Karuizawa Kei's fan base....If they were to do heroine popularity polls now in Japan, she will easily win against all other heroines.

Yea, I pretty much gave up on this anime as well. Really hurt to see my my favourite LN turn out like this...I really want to be able to proudly recommend this anime to my friends who dont read LN.
Aug 31, 2017 9:47 AM

Jan 2017
aquaspirit39 said:
Ando said:

It's mostly what I've read on here, but it makes sense with all the liberties Lerche has taken with this adaptation. I would also be pretty upset if I read the LN.

Here are some direct links: 1 2

I predicted this backlash...I dont know when they start planning episode 7, but they are definitely underestimating Karuizawa Kei's fan base....If they were to do heroine popularity polls now in Japan, she will easily win against all other heroines.

Yea, I pretty much gave up on this anime as well. Really hurt to see my my favourite LN turn out like this...I really want to be able to proudly recommend this anime to my friends who dont read LN.

Kei is best girl alongside Ichinose, they were practically commiting suicide when they decided to give their spotlight to Horikita, who even isn't the ''heroine'' anymore LMAO

The light novel is great so it really is a shame to see it being butchered like this, but what's done is done and at least the sells of the Light Novel are reaching the sky because of the anime, I think many people only want to see how much better the Light Novel is compared to the anime and also the differences between them.
Aug 31, 2017 9:48 AM

Jan 2017
Also, for anime only watchers, if you guys want to know how much Lerche changed(fucked up) this series just go to the anime suki forum and read the spoilers, or if some of you can read chinese I can give the link of the chinese raws.
Aug 31, 2017 10:47 AM
Jun 2016
Man, the LN readers are pissed, though I would understand as well if I was a LN reader myself...

FinalFlash18 said:
MC's scene with the homeroom teacher at the beginning was too random. He just meets her and she tells him he's going to be expelled for no fucking reason. Lol wot?

Yeah, wtf was that about? I didn't really understand that.

CloudACC said:
Also, for anime only watchers, if you guys want to know how much Lerche changed(fucked up) this series just go to the anime suki forum and read the spoilers, or if some of you can read chinese I can give the link of the chinese raws.

I wish I could read Chinese, but I heard it's one of the most difficult languages to learn? Well, in any case, I'll be looking at that forum you've referred since I'm pretty curious, along with me thinking that there probably won't be a second season to this anyway with how pissed the LN readers are. Thanks.
Aug 31, 2017 11:01 AM
Apr 2017
Worse show in this season
Aug 31, 2017 11:06 AM

Jan 2017
Apple_BS said:
Worse show in this season

Nah, this anime is at least enjoyable and fun to watch(even if it is a terrible adaptation of the source material), worst show of the season goes to Netsuzou Trap, followed by Isekai Smartphone and Koi to Uso lol.
Aug 31, 2017 11:59 AM

May 2015
At least the show is back to the main story, even though the beginning made me doubt that at first, lol.

Decent episode. Ending gave me a little bit of goosebumps. Wonder what they have in store for the students.

Aug 31, 2017 12:10 PM

Nov 2011
The teacher is such a good villain.

I wanna see Ayanokoji vs Albert though, I think that would be a great fight.

There was a lot going on in this episode.

The Spa scene where Ichinose and her teacher were talking.

Sakura wanting to better herself around her classmates and obviously Ayanokoji.

Hirata trying to make the class better (though it seems fishy to me)

Kushida going emo mode again lol.

And then Ibuki sliding in and screaming at Ryuen. That was interesting.

Also who is the student that is sick. That should come up soon as well.

erev said:
Mia01 said:
Horikita was touching her arm every scene she was in, I thought it was really weird... did she get hurt or something? Or maybe it's just my imagination?

This. In the bar and then on the survival game explanation. I expect we will get some answer on the next episodes.

As long a they don't make the survival too over the top it should be a fun arc. Probably we will get a good confrontation with class C and hopefully some plot progression.

Anyway I found it to be a way better than the last pool episode, that felt completely unnecessary.

Glad I wasnt the only one who noticed this. The biggest thing that concerned me this entire episode...like wtf happened????
SoraSenpaiAug 31, 2017 12:13 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 31, 2017 12:23 PM

Jan 2011
TeluT5 said:
Who thinks Kushida has a double personality just like the Kurobane Misa in Charlotte
?
no, it's just a facade.
Aug 31, 2017 12:44 PM

Sep 2016
Neko_96 said:
CloudACC said:

Kei is best girl alongside Ichinose, they were practically commiting suicide when they decided to give their spotlight to Horikita, who even isn't the ''heroine'' anymore LMAO

The light novel is great so it really is a shame to see it being butchered like this, but what's done is done and at least the sells of the Light Novel are reaching the sky because of the anime, I think many people only want to see how much better the Light Novel is compared to the anime and also the differences between them.

Horikita isnt main heroine go and author's preview liar idiot!
Engrish mudifuka do you spiik it????
Aug 31, 2017 1:17 PM

Jan 2017
Neko_96 said:
CloudACC said:

Horikita isnt main heroine go and author's preview liar idiot!

Sorry but I can't understand what you're trying to say.

Also, I'm not saying that Kei is more popular than Horikita(although the poll was a month ago or something like that and the difference in votes between Kei and Horikita was only 1% so I wouldn't be surpised if Kei is second now), I was just saying that in the last couple of volumes Kei took the role of ''main heroine'' while Horikita is being more of a side character for now.
Aug 31, 2017 1:40 PM
Jan 2011
So how does the island survival play out in the light novel?
Aug 31, 2017 2:43 PM

Jan 2017
Neko_96 said:
CloudACC said:

Sorry but I can't understand what you're trying to say.

Also, I'm not saying that Kei is more popular than Horikita(although the poll was a month ago or something like that and the difference in votes between Kei and Horikita was only 1% so I wouldn't be surpised if Kei is second now), I was just saying that in the last couple of volumes Kei took the role of ''main heroine'' while Horikita is being more of a side character for now.

Horikita isnt side character even author says that main heroine is Horikita.Besides sometimes he calls her heroine Hirokita

Oh okay, it's just that in my opinion, Kei looks more like an heroine in these last 3 volumes while Horikita's ''Screen time'' is not as big as in the first three volumes, but I know that he will bring her to the spotlight again, he probably just wants to develop all the important female characters first.
Aug 31, 2017 3:19 PM

Feb 2016
Let the hunger games begin :/
Aug 31, 2017 3:55 PM

Jun 2007
like i was telling you guys the next thing we know? horikita turns vampire. ayanokoji? turns out to be a mahou shoujo. sakura? an undercover cop. and all ends inside a mmorpg game.
see you, space cowperson . . .
Aug 31, 2017 4:42 PM

Jun 2012
The part at the end was pretty ominous and looked pretty interesting.

But WHY did it take the whole 20 minutes for them to get to that point? This show has a real problem with pacing. Sakura and Suzune got barely any screentime and we had a load of other characters introduced instead.

At least Kushida's other persona appeared. For, like...3 seconds.
This show has an excellent premise and it's just disappointing to see it suffer from this lousy pacing.
Aug 31, 2017 5:28 PM
Aug 2017
I think this episode adaption from volume 3 or still volume 4,5?
Aug 31, 2017 5:53 PM

Nov 2014
Am I the only one who noticed that Horikata was rubbing her right arm in a few scenes? I wonder whats that about

Aug 31, 2017 6:10 PM

Sep 2015
The episode is fine. I was annoyed by how the anime adapting the Ln since the beginning but it seems they are making things even worse now. Tbh Things doesn't make sense while watching the anime , I bet I can understand better in the ln besides its much more fun to read the ln instead of watching the anime.

Why it takes forever to translate this lightnovel anyway? why?...
I wanna read it NOW! :(
Aug 31, 2017 7:37 PM
Jan 2017
Mantax said:
Am I the only one who noticed that Horikata was rubbing her right arm in a few scenes? I wonder whats that about

Probably just a habit, doubt it's anything significant. If she got injured or something I feel like they would've dropped more of a hint.
Aug 31, 2017 8:57 PM

Mar 2016
Hmmmmmm is it finally accepting its Romantic Comedy Drama genre labels... this one and the last episode were more laid back... maybe something crazy with happen in the next 4 episodes?

I wonder if it will get a second season...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2017 10:16 PM

May 2016
Interesting, I'm looking forward to this survival test, I just hope it does not happen the same as in Grisaia........
『  』
Aug 31, 2017 10:54 PM

Jun 2013
Anyone else have immersion-breaking moments watching this show? You know, when you actually start considering what's going on and think, "wow, this whole scenario is utterly ridiculous."
Sep 1, 2017 12:22 AM

Jan 2011
sirYuki said:
Interesting, I'm looking forward to this survival test, I just hope it does not happen the same as in Grisaia........
Honestly I'm looking forwards to these cocks drowning in their own piss, just no dead dogs. And bullshit "we were 100 feet away from the highway this whole time" bit.
Sep 1, 2017 2:02 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that someone will contact the school with a request to expel Kiyotaka though. But man meeting in a theater during a play sure is a interesting way to pass this info along. It seems that Sae is willing to help Kiyotaka reach class A but only if he doesn't cause trouble for her. But given that Kiyotaka had no intention of rising to class A this deal was bound to fail. The choice of rising to class A and reveal your true abilities or refuse and be expelled man thats a tough choice. So the first years get to go on a cruise ship as part of their summer holidays nice. The school really is rather generous though in putting the first years on a cruise though. Ike's confession sure wasn't what he expected though. But it looks like Sudo got inspired to do the same for Suzune as well. Even on the cruise ship it seems that tensions between the classes are still pretty high. Using a massage session to talk about their classes strategy sure is interesting. It seems that Honami's homeroom teacher Chie is also wary of Kiyotaka too. So Hirata's true goal was to get Kiyotaka to help him get Suzune's help in his plan to unite the class then.

Well he is right that Suzune will be needed to unite the class. The guy with the blonde hair sure is arrogant. It seems that Ryuuen is now targeting Suzune and Kiyotaka who he see's as his challengers in class D. It seems that there are disagreements with Ryuuen in how he does things even within his own class. Even when on vacation i see Arisu is still taking care to gather intel on her opponents and people of interest to her. As expected of the leader of class A. Airi's practice confession sure was funny. One can easily guess who she has a crush on. To Airi i guess Kiyotaka is the person thats the first to be this kind to her. Though it will be some time before she can face other people though it seems. Kikyo's change in personality really is like flipping a switch though and is just as sudden. But it looks like there's more to Kiyou's mask than initially thought though. So this island and the boarding school that's on it will be their next challenge then. So their first test for this island excursion is in other words survival eh. Vacation truly was the calm before the storm it seems. This was an interesting episode that revealed a lot of interesting things though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 1, 2017 2:52 AM
Sep 2015
Another anime where a black man looks like a gorilla with huge lips smh... I know the Japanese don't encounter black people very often but damn. It would only take you 30 seconds on google to figure out that the great majority of black people don't look like that. Anyway the episode was okay. I'm not sure how I feel about the direction the show is going tbh but we'll see what happens.
Sep 1, 2017 3:45 AM
Aug 2017
Well, the episode was a bit downletting, but not as much as episode 7, because this time we got some character development towards the next episode, in which i think that the thug from Class C without Albert is screwed. Furthermore, it's nice to see Kushida's double personality again and we get to understand why she is so obsessed with making friends and having people around. Is it fanservice? A bit but not too much to make it obnoxious. I just hope that the pacing isn't as bad as some other animes cough, coughDanganronpa: The Animationcough, cough because i haven't heard of the point system in a while
WILL YOU STOP WHINING!?
No I don't understand! You snap at people, you're scary, you tried to eat me, but you're also kind and you're filled with life!
You gave me a name when I was a number, you gave me that compass, you taught me what it means to be alive!
That's why I care about you Velvet! I'll protect you for my own sake. I don't care if you're malevolent, or if it was pointless! If it's a mistake to love you, then I"ll fight the whole world! A world without you, Velvet, is the one thing I couldn't bear!
Eat my arm, just leave me the other one! I need it to clobber the jerk who made my Velvet cry!
-Laphicet, Tales of Berseria

Sep 1, 2017 3:48 AM
Aug 2017
Taroutachii said:
CaptainJumBo said:
I get this weird feeling that the homeroom teacher is ayanokoji's mother/surrogate mother.
This.^

Also, I'm gonna guess and say that all the "expel Ayanokouji Kiyotaka" thing is a lie. They just want to see Ayanokouji's true potential.

Yes, i think he only wants to stay in Class D to help other people to climb up the school's social ladder and whoever called his teacher doesn't want his talent to be wasted in this.
WILL YOU STOP WHINING!?
No I don't understand! You snap at people, you're scary, you tried to eat me, but you're also kind and you're filled with life!
You gave me a name when I was a number, you gave me that compass, you taught me what it means to be alive!
That's why I care about you Velvet! I'll protect you for my own sake. I don't care if you're malevolent, or if it was pointless! If it's a mistake to love you, then I"ll fight the whole world! A world without you, Velvet, is the one thing I couldn't bear!
Eat my arm, just leave me the other one! I need it to clobber the jerk who made my Velvet cry!
-Laphicet, Tales of Berseria

Sep 1, 2017 4:46 AM

Dec 2015
Well done Lerche, you wasted my time once again with a garbage episode.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 1, 2017 5:52 AM

Jan 2016
carliz_kun said:
aquaspirit39 said:

Well we did have a discussion about this. Most likely it will go to the generic route and the main heroine wins this. Welp there are too few anime that is faithful to the source material. The most famous is probably jojo.

NT- Horikita - Steal your roles.

that's just how it is now where anime adaptation is only used for increasing their profit.
also

Sep 1, 2017 6:36 AM

Mar 2017
I'm really excited to see what is going to happen in the next few episodes, a "survival test" is nothing new to me but I think we might get to see more of Ayanokouji's true nature during it.
Sep 1, 2017 6:40 AM

Jan 2011
T27 said:
Another anime where a black man looks like a gorilla with huge lips smh... I know the Japanese don't encounter black people very often but damn. It would only take you 30 seconds on google to figure out that the great majority of black people don't look like that. Anyway the episode was okay. I'm not sure how I feel about the direction the show is going tbh but we'll see what happens.
Yeah, I've been biting my tongue with that shit as well. Very rarely do the Japanese do a decent job with unmistakably black people in their shows. I'm not talking about Ganguro, Gyarus or people from some purposely ambiguous south Asian country, real black people. Even when they do they slip caricatures in that character's family or something. They do it with Europeans and even their own but their a lot more conservative, saving that for the "villains"
QWERTYFish25Sep 1, 2017 6:49 AM
Sep 1, 2017 7:35 AM
Apr 2016
T27 said:

YES. Thank you. As if you'd think they wouldn't be this ignorant by now...
Sep 1, 2017 8:02 AM
May 2011
Quexlaw said:
That anime is amazing lol

None of the characters or plot is entirely unique on their own, but the composition is just so novel. Like, I can even enjoy the minor characters, which I can't that often. And there are so many different ones, too. I also like the ridiculousness; the point system is kind of understandable, but now we have reached Chuunin exams basically! lol

Pretty sure one plot point will be the removal of the bracelets; as in, forcing others to take them off or removing them on your own. Similar to the white and black ninja scrolls or the headband test in Boku no Hero Academia.

Lol i didn't know i signed up to watch a shounen :V :V :V
The show takes itself way to seriously for that.

what was the point of fanservice last episode if half of this episode would be fanservice to.

why do they have to shove down our throats that sudo is a hot head. Like god its fucking episode 8 and it seems like the whole show revolves around fixing his mistakes.

Gets in a fight... gets nearly expelled.... ok so iguess the next thing i should do is plant cameras in the girls locker room.... ok so i guess the next thing i should do is get in another fight. The writing is fucking retarded and nothing fucking happens.

The beginning with ayanokoji and the teacher is cool but what else.
Sakura wants to confess or atleast talk.... doesn't happen
Kushida goes split personality and might say something.... doesn't happen
the popular guy wants to talk about Kei and needs some help.... doesn't happen
Red head dude messes with horikita.... saves it for later

we still don't get the answers for what happened in episode 6 but now they just keep funneling more and more questions that will most likely not get answered in the 4 FUCKING EPISODES left mixed in with the survival island arc... |

This show is really average.
5/10 simply watching just so i can mark that completed tab.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2017

293 by Epiroogu »»
Jun 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

229 by Epiroogu »»
Jun 12, 4:16 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2017

359 by Epiroogu »»
Jun 12, 3:28 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

224 by Epiroogu »»
Jun 12, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Jul 1, 2017

344 by Laachii »»
Jun 9, 8:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.