Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
May 29, 2017 9:52 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty emotional fight. I didn't even know who to vote for since I like them both.

Hype for next episode. I think it will be the best fight yet.
May 29, 2017 11:19 AM
Feb 2017
This episode was really emotive for me when I saw the phone call of Uraraka ;____;
May 29, 2017 1:46 PM
Feb 2016
Uraraka has gained my respect, her courage was admirable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2017 7:21 PM

Jan 2013
i agree with endeavor , todoroki needs to stop being a bitch and just use his fire side

endeavor did a world a huge favor by creating todoroki who will probably become an OP hero , sure it was due to his inferiority complex but its the results that matter
May 29, 2017 9:15 PM

Jan 2013
People have explained the fight to me but I think this was an overated adn weak. He still should have just blasted her our the ring in one shot, it would not have even taken him a lot of energy. Even if he floated by her touch he can control himself in the air with his quirk. So really this whole fight was some plot induced BS.
May 29, 2017 10:11 PM

Dec 2014
did'nt know Uraraka's dad was Reiner.......... XD nice fight, and i really love the ed song.
May 29, 2017 11:08 PM

Dec 2014
HYPE! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!
Send me Friend requests!!!!
May 30, 2017 4:00 AM
Jul 2018
Animayham said:
People have explained the fight to me but I think this was an overated adn weak. He still should have just blasted her our the ring in one shot, it would not have even taken him a lot of energy. Even if he floated by her touch he can control himself in the air with his quirk. So really this whole fight was some plot induced BS.

I'd think a blast big enough to knock her out of the ring would blow her face off.
May 30, 2017 6:51 AM

Jul 2015
Animayham said:
Yeah, good job blowing her body parts and skin apart lol
Sup...
May 30, 2017 1:40 PM

Nov 2014
Uraraka put up a good fight

Can't wait to see the next
Hi there
May 31, 2017 12:53 AM

Nov 2014
nurBAW said:
speechless, really awesome matched between bakugo and uraraka...

btw, anyone shipping these two? I thought they would look cute together
yes i do. Finally someone who also ships my otp. These two are so interesting together. Have u seen any fanarts of them? Uraraka's always leading bakugo around by his nose lol
May 31, 2017 12:56 AM
May 31, 2017 1:06 AM

Nov 2014
Animayham said:
this is incredibly simple to comprehend; what dont u understand? It shows that just normal explosions wouldnt be able to blast uraraka out of the ring, so it would take an incredibly large and powerful one, like the one he did with the falling rocks, but that was shown to hurt his hand (his hand was trembling afterwards), which means it DOES "take him a lot of energy" using ur words, and he cant use it a lot. So what if he uses it and it misses her? That means hes wasting his energy and exhausting himself giving her an opening to strike him. So the smarter way to do this is to use normal explosions and get her little by little and to keep her away from him, while saving energy and keeping an eye out in case she got something up her sleeves, like bakugo said to deku, that since uraraka is deku's friend he suspects she has something up her sleeves, because deku is smart and he might have come up with a plan for her.
May 31, 2017 12:02 PM

Jan 2010
ttcchen said:

(Tell me I'm not the only one boarding this new rare ship)

That expression, those dull eyes, giving her all until she lost consciousness. You have my respect, Uraraka!

(Gasp!) Mineta! No need to feed the bakubowl fanbase any more sweets!!!

Asshole dad, did he actually just called Todoroki "that"!??? Dude even Kayo's abusive mom calls her with the appropriate pronouns! Yet Endeavor not only says his son is a "tool" but also calls him a "that"!?? Unforgivable!

YOU'RE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely prefer this than the predictable Deku x Ochako! If their relationship would ever develop, I bet it would be a whole lot more interesting! Because it start from something like, disliking but respecting each other, then maybe mutual understanding, then friends, then something more~

BAKUBOWL FTW!

Also
"Bakugo, don't tell me your taste run in that direction!"
YES PLEASE.
BEST COMMENT way to go Mineta!! Hahah

OT:
Whats with Bakugou saying things like "Die!" or "She isn't died yet" lmao. Pretty sure he has different meaning of the word "die" huh.

Oh god even though I root for Bakugou, looking at Uraraka fighting I can't help but cheering her too! I actually shed a tear for her! It's so hard to watch, yet I'm happy Bakugou didn't go easy on her! I practically squeal when Bakugou called her by her name!! Way to go girl! I don't think the other girls are strong, brave and determined enough to face Bakugou head on like she did. I'm so proud!

But I also so proud of my son he is just so strong and cool *cough*

"Since you're friends with Deku, I thought you'd be up to something..."
Did he actually mention Deku in his fight? Okay. *internal fangirl scream*
From this line, we know that:
- He actually paid attention enough to know she is friends with Deku. He pay attention to Deku's friends
- He actually acknowledged Deku's plans/strategies are not to be taken lightly
- No matter who his opponent is, we know that he won't hold back and he won't underestimate, but I believe the knowledge that she is friends with Deku is the one making Bakugou more cautious of her thus already expected a secret plan like that
Both mentioned Deku's name, one is as inspiration, the other is as warning/bad sign(?)
I love how Deku indirectly influenced this fight. Even until the end Bakugou thought the plan was Deku's doing (he just had to accuse Deku huh)

When Bakugou and Deku passed at the hallway:

It was more like something out of reflex for both of them lmao.
Bakugou got angry just by the sight of Deku (and automatically swears), and Deku automatically cowering and stuttering. I wonder if this would ever change...

And also, my favorite line after Mineta's comment:
"What part of her was frail?"
Aww Bakugou~ I'm so happy you acknowledge her now!

Damn Present Mic is so unprofessional lol!

Really hyped for next episode! But I think I can wait until the final (then I can finally binge watch~)
Who is Bakugou's next opponent I wonder? Tokoyami? Kirishima? Iida?
May 31, 2017 12:23 PM

Jan 2010
Animayham said:

I partly disagree and agree.

1. He can't blast her out of the ring without gravely injuring her.
2. I agree he doesn't have to really worry about uraraka touching him since he can maneuver in midair. But, I think it's not that that he was mainly being cautious about. I think it's the fact that Deku might give her somekind of a plan against him. He knows Deku's plan is not to be taken lightly, so he absolutely cannot let his guard down. Also, it would be a waste of energy/stamina if he have to use his quirk to maneuver in the air.

"Kacchan is not the type who doesn't think" -Deku

He might be hella strong but he doesn't underestimate his opponents especially if his opponent is Deku or has connection with Deku. XD And he is definitely not the type to just attack without thinking.

So, I think he figured the best way to deal with Uraraka is to slowly tiring her or pushing her out of the ring with small explosions. This way, he can both avoiding unnecessary waste of stamina and preparing for whatever plan he thought Deku was giving her!

BUT ALL IN ALL

I agree if he is really serious he can just propell himself super quick with his explosions and kick Uraraka out of the ring. Or something. But I guess he just real cautious of Deku's plan after all.

But ofc this way is better because we get to see Uraraka being all brave, strong and determined and ultimately make Bakugou impressed (not that he would admit it tho lmao)
CrimsonMidnightMay 31, 2017 12:28 PM
May 31, 2017 7:36 PM

Nov 2014
Shicchi said:
ttcchen said:

(Tell me I'm not the only one boarding this new rare ship)

That expression, those dull eyes, giving her all until she lost consciousness. You have my respect, Uraraka!

(Gasp!) Mineta! No need to feed the bakubowl fanbase any more sweets!!!

Asshole dad, did he actually just called Todoroki "that"!??? Dude even Kayo's abusive mom calls her with the appropriate pronouns! Yet Endeavor not only says his son is a "tool" but also calls him a "that"!?? Unforgivable!

YOU'RE NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely prefer this than the predictable Deku x Ochako! If their relationship would ever develop, I bet it would be a whole lot more interesting! Because it start from something like, disliking but respecting each other, then maybe mutual understanding, then friends, then something more~

BAKUBOWL FTW!

Also
"Bakugo, don't tell me your taste run in that direction!"
YES PLEASE.
BEST COMMENT way to go Mineta!! Hahah

OT:
Whats with Bakugou saying things like "Die!" or "She isn't died yet" lmao. Pretty sure he has different meaning of the word "die" huh.

Oh god even though I root for Bakugou, looking at Uraraka fighting I can't help but cheering her too! I actually shed a tear for her! It's so hard to watch, yet I'm happy Bakugou didn't go easy on her! I practically squeal when Bakugou called her by her name!! Way to go girl! I don't think the other girls are strong, brave and determined enough to face Bakugou head on like she did. I'm so proud!

But I also so proud of my son he is just so strong and cool *cough*

"Since you're friends with Deku, I thought you'd be up to something..."
Did he actually mention Deku in his fight? Okay. *internal fangirl scream*
From this line, we know that:
- He actually paid attention enough to know she is friends with Deku. He pay attention to Deku's friends
- He actually acknowledged Deku's plans/strategies are not to be taken lightly
- No matter who his opponent is, we know that he won't hold back and he won't underestimate, but I believe the knowledge that she is friends with Deku is the one making Bakugou more cautious of her thus already expected a secret plan like that
Both mentioned Deku's name, one is as inspiration, the other is as warning/bad sign(?)
I love how Deku indirectly influenced this fight. Even until the end Bakugou thought the plan was Deku's doing (he just had to accuse Deku huh)

When Bakugou and Deku passed at the hallway:

It was more like something out of reflex for both of them lmao.
Bakugou got angry just by the sight of Deku (and automatically swears), and Deku automatically cowering and stuttering. I wonder if this would ever change...

And also, my favorite line after Mineta's comment:
"What part of her was frail?"
Aww Bakugou~ I'm so happy you acknowledge her now!

Damn Present Mic is so unprofessional lol!

Really hyped for next episode! But I think I can wait until the final (then I can finally binge watch~)
Who is Bakugou's next opponent I wonder? Tokoyami? Kirishima? Iida?
i think by "shes not dead yet" he meant "shes still standing... she's not down yet!" Basically he wants her to give up I think.
May 31, 2017 9:36 PM

Sep 2013
I marathoned this shit to end on a cliffhanger xD
May 31, 2017 11:30 PM

Jan 2010
ttcchen said:
Shicchi said:
i think by "shes not dead yet" he meant "shes still standing... she's not down yet!" Basically he wants her to give up I think.

Yep, he has a funny way phrasing things lol, I love him!
Jun 2, 2017 9:12 AM

Mar 2013
Another Good Episode...

Man, Bakugo didn't pull any punches. But because He already acknowledged Uraraka's power, yeah pretty much He won't pull any punches considering Uraraka might have a plan for him. Still kinds of wanting Uraraka to win but She's doing her best putting up a good fight.

That waiting room scene when Uraraka calls her dad are too emotional and really sad for me too handle ;-;. This Anime really have the best soundtracks for this season... Can't wait for next week.
Jun 3, 2017 7:33 AM

Mar 2009
Cool that Bakugo showed so much respect towards Uraraka.
Jun 3, 2017 1:55 PM
Nov 2016
It was a pretty cool episode, Uraraka have my respect but haven't anyone noticed how dangerous her strategy was with that debris shower? I mean, she could have killed that blond idiot (I hate that guy so much...) with her strategy if he screwed up with that blast.

Not to mention, she could have killed herself as well if one of those rocks smash her head while it was falling down. Her strategy was plain crazy and dangerous but damn, I love that girl.
xZabuzaxJun 3, 2017 2:00 PM
Jun 3, 2017 6:44 PM

Jul 2016
the fact that bakugou remarks that uraraka is not dead yet instead of not being defeated yet is a little frightening lol... i didn't think it was that sad, but for some reason i started crying after uraraka lost.
Jun 3, 2017 9:11 PM
Apr 2017
Awesome battle!! Poor Uraraka. Next episode will be awesome. Bad Endeavor!
Jun 5, 2017 2:46 AM

Jan 2017
The dialogue in this episode was so bad that I felt like I was watching Fairy Tail.
Jun 5, 2017 11:37 AM

Oct 2009
Olem said:
Ochako ;_; You did a good job. Best girl indeed
I felt like her defeat was a lot more heartwrenching in the anime than the manga, though I guess it's because the soundtrack helped in playing a huge part in that.

I think this was one of parts of the story where I had started getting a better sense of respect for Bakugou, he even started calling her by her name towards the end of the match instead of his usual insult. Aizawa sitting those pros down was also great.

Next, we have Todoroki vs Deku which is also a big fight I've been waiting for. Pretty hyped

Yea love Ochako. Bakugou probably one of the few who shows a lot of respect towards Ochako by not underestimating her. Love how he actually called her by her name towards the end rather than "maru" (round face). So far looks like Bakugou only remembers, Uraraka, Deku, and Kirishima's name. The rest he calls by his nickname for their ability or appearance.
The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they don't wish to see anyone else suffer the way they did.
Jun 7, 2017 3:31 PM
Apr 2014
what the fuck were those introductions... So biased. Could have at least tried to make Midoriya sound a little bit more awesome than that. Even though he was not wrong with what he said Midoriya still had to break the mind control to win the match.

And Uraraka was pretty amazing. In the end she probably only lost because of the difference in physical strength. Bakugo was simply faster and stronger. Didn't think it would come down to that between those two.

It was also slightly surprising how careful Bakugo was. I guess he learned at least a little from the training battles. Sadly I doubt that had anything to do with him recognizing Uraraka's ability and more with the fact that she is friends with Midoriya. The talk after the battle pretty much confirms that. He expected some kind of plan made by Midoriya.
NanashiJun 7, 2017 3:35 PM
Jun 20, 2017 10:42 PM

Jul 2012
This was a great episode for both Bakugō's and Uraraka's characters. She tried so hard 😭
It's okay though, she's still best girl 😊

Now to get hype for Midoriya vs Todoroki!
Jun 21, 2017 1:22 PM

Sep 2015
Pretty solid episode to a much improved Second Season. I was like many kind of excited to see this fight. It really delivered. I liked Bakugo acknowledging Uraraka. I liked Eraserhead chastising the crowd for...how to say it. Expecting Bakugo not to compete because his opponent was a cute girl? Uraraka's phone call afterwards was emotional and effective as well. One of the things I really like about Uraraka is the series willingness to let her be ugly. By which I mean she gets angry, she ugly cries, she had that unsettling pre match nervous expression. They're basically willing to let her show emotions and be a little more three dimensional. Even at the risk of sacrificing her moeness.

Really excited for the next episode. Can't believe that fights already upon us. Even if all 9 episodes hadn't been building towards it in the background. Midoriya's confrontation with Endeavor really increased the tension and excitement. This season with its Tenkaichi Tournament conceit has been really impressive. Can't wait for one of the big climaxes.
Jun 21, 2017 4:38 PM

Dec 2012
Uraraka may have lost the battle, but she sure as hell won this episode. Major respect to her. Also to Kacchan for going all out as well. I'd say that this was the best I've seen this second season at so far, but I get the feeling the next ep will take care of that.
Jun 24, 2017 5:47 AM

Jul 2013
Was that a kamehameha? Damn. Uraraka did her best and Bakugo honored that by not holding back. It was an awesome fight. Felt a little bad for her but not too much. It's not like her family's drowning in debt or something she just really want to helm them.

Deku win for your mother dude!

What the fuck is going on here with these people flooding this thread with 20 screenshots per post. Bitches, there should be a rule limiting 2-3 screenshot per post. :/
Jul 22, 2017 9:22 AM

Jun 2017
Uraraka is actually stronger than I expected! I'm really proud of her and I believe she definitely would've won if Bakugo's quirk wasn't so strong. I'm also happy that Bakugo didn't go easy on her just because she's a girl.

I'm really excited to see how the Todoroki vs Midoriya fight is gonna go, those two are really strong.
Jul 22, 2017 10:10 PM

Jun 2017
I wish Uraraka vs Bakugo's fight was longer. I wanted to see more action in it. But I guess BnHA doesn't make their show dragging unlike Naruto or Bleach. Damn! I hate fillers! But the shortcoming of it is that the fight is way too short and so does the entertainment.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jul 31, 2017 7:09 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, that was pretty cool. I hope Uraraka continues to be used well in the future, I hope she grows from this experience.
Ston3_FreeN7Jul 31, 2017 7:20 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 5, 2017 1:09 PM

Mar 2016
ochaco uraka vs katsuki bakugo

man her plan was not bad ..i agree with aizawa sensei about him not goin easy on her thats gender equality right there...didnt know the so called "pros"are this simple /or theyre not taking this seriousley?well it is just a "festival"
...the moment he noticed she's weekend he stops...and as soon as she started crawling he got hes guard up showing respect that "she still has a chance"nice!he even sayed "what part of her was frail"awww katsuki is nice in some way...

tetsutetsu tetsutetsu vs eijiro kirishima

arm wrestling

mahn i thougt it was going to be another draw!well tetsu is more of a iron so it broke well cracked..that Bromance doe! i ship dem

Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Aug 26, 2017 5:16 PM

Dec 2015
URARAKA BEST GIRL
Aug 31, 2017 7:33 PM

Dec 2016
That fight was maddd good, crying Uraraka got me teary eyed(not gonna lie), and this next episode is gonna be awesome
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Sep 10, 2017 11:51 PM

Aug 2010
Alcohol-tan said:
URARAKA BEST GIRL

My thoughts exactly, we all knew how it was gonna end but she did so good can't resist to cheer for her. Next fight is gonna be HUGE
Sep 29, 2017 6:13 PM

May 2012
Next battle is going to be intense as hell! But damn this episode sure showed off pretty good as well!
Sep 30, 2017 12:34 PM

Aug 2015
Omg, this certain fight remind me of Naruto and this determination! I still support Uraraka! Hope she will fulfill her dreams^^
Sep 30, 2017 4:14 PM
May 2012
what a bad way to use those rubble.
anyway, i want deku to win but he shouldn't.
Oct 4, 2017 7:53 PM

Mar 2012
This fight should not have lasted half an episode lol
Oct 15, 2017 7:27 AM

May 2010
So yeah, pretty much what I expected, poor Uraraka! I was surprised to see Bakugo actually getting kind of serious, he even called her by her actual name, like some normal person @_@ Who'd knew.

Anyway, really epic fight incoming!
Nov 1, 2017 9:44 PM

Mar 2015
Best girl did her best T_T
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 17, 2017 3:49 PM

May 2013
D'awwwhhhhh, that Naruto moment from our gurl, Ochako ;A; beautiful. You did good, bb!!!!!! I so proud :')

Looks like we get to see chibi Todo next ep! I'm excite. HE LOOKS SO KAWAII :'D
Nov 17, 2017 10:08 PM

Sep 2013
Awesome Uraraka!!!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 28, 2017 6:26 PM

Jul 2013
Damn that fight was so awesome. Uraraka is strong. That's what Bakugou also realized. Urarakas strategy was on point. Taking so much of Bakugous hits and preparing a giant rain composed of rocks.

But that attack of Bakugou was crazy holy shit. He blew all of these rocks away with one blow. The blowback was so strong that Urakaka couldn't reach Bakugou anymore. And at a certain point she was way over her limit. It's always sad if you lose, but that will make her stronger. She definitely can be proud of herself. Fighting one of the strongest opponents and provide such a battle was nice.

That armwrestling :o
Seems like Kirishima was to strong for Tetsutetsu at the end.

I liked how Deku told Endeavor that he isn't All Might and Todoroki isn't Endeavor.

And now here comes the fight everyone waited for. I have no clue who will win but from the preview I'm sure it will be a fantastic fight. Let's see what will happen. PLUS ULTRA!!!
Natsu88Dec 28, 2017 6:32 PM

Jan 9, 2018 1:52 AM
Jul 2015
Uraraka ;( Let me hug you
Jan 9, 2018 1:52 AM
Jul 2015
Uraraka ;( Let me hug you
Apr 15, 2018 6:40 PM

Sep 2016
Manly tears were dropping of my eyes for Uraraka :(

You did well!!! Deku x Uraraka
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 24, 2018 2:32 AM

Apr 2017
uraraka is simply amazing, making me cry all of a sudden damn >,<

still life: pink roses
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2017

201 by TheStarscream759 »»
Yesterday, 7:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2017

199 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 21, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2017

238 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 21, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2017

288 by TheStarscream759 »»
May 15, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

191 by haminshamin »»
May 14, 12:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.