Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 9, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2009
What a sad episode, 1st Ange's sister is a bi*ch, then Hilda's mom "trade" her for another Hilda and say that she is a monster, I felt really sorry for both...I want Julio to die so bad!
Dec 9, 2014 1:19 PM

Dec 2008
Damn...

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 9, 2014 10:27 PM

Apr 2014
Well my kokoro can't handle all these in one episode, please producer.
Dec 10, 2014 2:21 PM

May 2014
Epic episode, this shows how the world is cruel & unfair sometimes :/
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Dec 11, 2014 7:34 AM

Apr 2013
Them fked up royal families. When is Ange gonna team up with the DRAGONs (eye catch hinting) and nuke them.
Dec 17, 2014 12:11 PM

Jun 2010
Shout out to Hilda's mom for wasting a perfectly good slice of pie.

also shout out to those cops for the splendid surprise attack on Hilda.
TheLastKing360Dec 17, 2014 12:16 PM
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Dec 22, 2014 3:15 PM

Nov 2012
LOL that scene when Hilda gets beat down.
Dec 25, 2014 6:15 PM

Jun 2008
Aversa said:

QuattroVaginas said:
I agree that it's taken out of proportion by i keep wondering why the general public is manipulated so badly about Norma's.
As i mentioned earlier in this post i think Norma's don't even have Human rights as you mentioned the arrest of Hilda was outrages they attacked her with 5-6 guys and beat her to the ground like she would put up a fierce fight.
But as you mentioned she showed no sign of resistance at all.
So why use so much excess violence to capture her?
And they even started kicking her when she was already lying on the ground unable to defend herself.
If the police would so something like that here in Europe the officers in questions would be in deep trouble and will probably be charged for abuse and use of excess force.
While here it looks like they get away with no trouble at all from the looks of it.

Wow! WTF! Are you serious. The thing with the police is not strange at all. We hear police beating up people that weren't offering much resistance all the time.
I even know a guy who had that done to him and was trying for years to make the officers pay threw courts etc and got nowhere at the end.
Police beating up someone is nothing strange and even less strange when that someone is not even considered to have human rights and is being seen by society as an abomination and a violent psychopath just for existing. Is natural police will beat the shit of them when they won't even get in trouble for it since norma aren't even viewed as human beings.
Jan 6, 2015 8:20 PM
Dec 2014
This is so far my favorite episode. It was full of emotion.
Jan 19, 2015 9:06 PM

Dec 2012
Damn everyone's lost their minds! I felt really bad for Hilda but I couldn't help but laugh at the end. I was like "oh, the police are going to rush to the town as Hilda walks away sadly...oh wait, they're coming back to arres--oh shit, oh shit!" I had a feeling Sylvia was a trap but to think she was actually in on it as well? And it seems she's resented Ange all of this time for the accident, but bore with it until she was revealed to be a norma.

I'll give 'em props, this was an emotional episode and possibly the first one where the character's remained clothed the whole time. LOL @ the preview though, this show does a fine job at making fun of itself.
Feb 28, 2015 5:19 PM

Aug 2014
Cross Ange has no emotional development whatsoever
What?
I said Cross Ange has no emotional development whatsoever

Sorry, I can't hear you on account of how bullshit that statement was.

Seriously, on other forums, people have talked about how shallow, pointless and useless this show is. About how there's no depth of the characters, no real emotions, just paper thin cardboard cutout characters made for fanservice and nothing else
I'm positive I'm the only one of Anime Planet who likes Cross Ange.

But screw it, this show is awesome.
Mar 15, 2015 3:53 PM

Nov 2013
The discrimination is strong in this one.
Mar 18, 2015 6:36 PM
Dec 2014
The feels >< this episodeeeeee was sad
Mar 21, 2015 9:40 AM

Jun 2011
Both dramas were predictable as hell, to a point where it doesn't make much sense. I feel bad for Hilda though.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Mar 29, 2015 10:46 PM

Sep 2014
omg, the Normas need to nuke society and just live happily ever after on that island
Mar 31, 2015 6:35 AM

Oct 2014
Fuck this was depressing
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2015 4:19 PM

Oct 2012
What a deplorable dystopia they live in... in a way Norma seems more human than those mind-washed pathetic citizens living in the empire. Very impactful episode!

But you know, Ange was the same long time ago.
Apr 6, 2015 5:43 PM

Jun 2013
Damn! this entire episode was heartbreaking
Apr 13, 2015 4:42 AM

Jan 2012
yo this shit is fucking good

brainwashed ignorant + racism at its worst

lol @ ppl dropping it early

true definition of 'never judge book by its cover'

Tusk gonna rescue them (duh) and those dragons were actually sent by norma from another world (led by sexy black haired chick) to annihilate the 'normal' people.

brb gonna rub one out
flaxman85Apr 13, 2015 4:46 AM
Apr 13, 2015 8:56 AM
May 2012
I fucking knew it.
They both should have expected that. I mean, I would. I understand them, though. Poor girls :/
Normal - l is Norma. It should be obvious who the fuck are the abnormal here.
Instead of killing them dragons, why not train to ride them and freaking attack them Mana users ahahaha.
May 4, 2015 2:38 PM

Sep 2013
Shit I dont watch mecha animu to get depressed like this, I say fuck this crap, I hate it... yet I enjoy it as hell. This ep 9/10
May 20, 2015 11:03 PM
May 2015
feel sorry for the ppl who dropped this cause of the "fanservice". Its getting better and better.
The biggest complaint im hearing is because of the "fanservice". However, theres a difference between "fanservice" and "erotism". Fanservice is pointless tits. Erotism is primial desire that every human has. Why do you think these girls have sex with eachother? its NOT b/c the writer made them up to be like that. Its b/c when your stuck on an island for the rest of your life discarded by society and family and forced to fight for your survival, your primal instincts kick in. I admit that there is still fanservice in this anime (guy falling facefirst into girls laps) however, that is and should be secondary.
I feel that since ppl see sex or rape they instantly assume its "fanservice" and fail to realize the underlings of it.
6ManMay 21, 2015 3:34 PM
EL PSY CONGROO
Jul 5, 2015 12:04 PM

Oct 2010
I love how the disney princess is going Rambo in her own courtyard.
Jul 14, 2015 7:58 PM

Aug 2013
Okay screw this shit. What the hell am I watching ?
All these people deserves to die gosh.. even that little sister oh my god.
This anime is a roller coaster with the drama and fanservice humor.
Are you debuting soon Tsuker the hero ?
Sep 28, 2015 5:15 PM
May 2012
SIGH.....

WHAT THE FUCK AT THE END!!

MAN, I'M SO ANGRY WITH MY LIFE AFTER WHAT HAPPENED TO BOTH ANGE & HILDA!!

Should that old hag who doesn't even know Hilda anymore die?? THAT WOULD BE GREAT!!
Sep 28, 2015 5:16 PM
May 2012
I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF BECAUSE OF THIS.
Nov 5, 2015 12:39 PM

Oct 2010
Well shit, this was fucking depressing. Sylvia probably acts like that cuz' of Julio's influence. That bastard. Ange must be so in shock right now. But I think Hilde had it even worse. She was a child when taken and all these years she was thinking in going back only to find a mother that doesn't want her anymore. That's just... too cruel man. If that happened to me, I would probably be standing on the road waiting for car to ran me over. Still I can understand the racism but it's a bit too strong in these people.
Dec 2, 2015 1:40 AM

Feb 2010
Okay, this episode kinda caught me offguard. Well for Hilda it felt kinda obvious, but Sylvia o.o

Dec 26, 2015 11:56 PM

Dec 2012
Damn. I knew once I saw that little red head with blue eyes holding that rose on the bus, I knew a mind fuck was on its way. Hilda got it the worst. She comes back home only to find out her mother had another kid...and named her Hilda. Not Hillary, Not Hillary, but Hilda. What if she had a son? Would his name be Hildo? or was Mommy so desperate for a restart that she'd still name the kid Hilda? Man, that society is fucked. Thought Hilda was going to kill them both.

Who/where the hell is the father?

Damn. That one cop knocked Hilda down so hard I had to laugh.

And here I thought Sylvia didn't want her onii-sama to play with her and plant seeds in her in the process. That betrayal.

So Sylvia says "Why were you born?" to Ange. Does Sylvia not realize that she is the youngest child of 3? Does she not realize that Mama and Papa could have stopped at 2 kids? I believe Julio is the only one who has the right to say that to Ange.

Plenty of imagine breakers this episode. Dat mom from the 1st episode showed up...obviously.
RobDec 27, 2015 2:37 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 6, 2016 9:37 AM

Oct 2013
I hated Hilda before this episode... now I love her. Good game, Sunrise. Good game.

seriously... that was tragic.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 14, 2016 11:05 AM

Feb 2015
This episode reminds me of how pathetic humans are. just think about it again. Norma are the ones who protect humanity, and other people are treating them as a monster or like a human who musn't live. why they are treating them like that ? because they can break this bullshit light thing called "Light of Mana" that has nothing to do with HUMAN, WORLD, ENVIRONMENT, AND SOCIETY.

This episode overall was really cruel imo. Hilda was trying her best to met her lovely mother but when she arrived, that was she got. Who is the monster here ? Her daugther wants to met her but instead to give her a warm welcome since she has a new sister, she abandoned her daugther again, and now in a really cruel way. she even teach her new kid that her sister is a mosnter *face palm* i give up with these humans in this anime. they are too pathetic.

btw, i'm looking foward for ma dude to save Ange XD
he is the only character that i like btw, but i think there is one more character that i like, it's a girl. i think her name is Chris. Hilda's friend if i'm not wrong. i like her. she is actually pretty kind and kinda clumsy (?) i like her looks too :D

and for Sylvia, i expected that coming. it's too obvious at how they set all of that trap for Ange. TOO FUCKING OBVIOUS. YOU CAN'T TROLLED ME ANYMORE HAHAHA!!!
still, this show really love to show Mind Fuck huh ?

i thought Hilda was an asshole, but i guess not (?)
Sunsire......you did it. you got me right there.......
not only hilda, i'm getting to like the MC more than before too right now even tho i still hate her.
this show is messing with me......

Edit : This thread is amazing AF!!!!! XD XD XD
YizelTroApr 14, 2016 11:11 AM
Jun 8, 2016 3:51 PM

Apr 2014
This mana world is just too peaceful that security level is low... No terrorism would probably took place here... Their peoples weapon are solely aiming at those Norma's....
Front Hooks...Oh yeah...
Jun 23, 2016 7:10 AM

Apr 2016
That was pretty mean... but just as expected.
Nov 26, 2016 10:33 PM

Feb 2016
The feeling that you were needed, no matter how much pain you went through and how much you suffered, so long as you can give back to those that you cherish.

Only to find out that you were not needed, worse, you were hated, you were their enemy. The sudden realisation that your loved ones despised you the most. Even strangers treated you better in their indifference.

Fk, the scriptwriters are merciless.
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
Jan 19, 2017 1:52 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, this was beyond stupid. I laughed so hard. What a disappointing forced drama.
Mar 19, 2017 11:10 PM

Dec 2016
I can't believe this. I am lost for words.
Mar 26, 2017 2:18 PM

Jan 2011
Not sure what Julio wants to achieve by this. He already destroyed Ange's life. And judging from the preview, she ultimately returns to Arsenal? Though that might have something to do with Tusk..

Anyways, Julio must have hated Ange all his life to go to such lengths. I wonder why he didn't just shoot her the first time. Heck, he could have arranged for a tragic accident. She does ride, and she plays this game. We have seen people fall off on both occasions (Sylvia and Ange's team mate). Nobody would think twice if it happend to Ange this time. She basically had it coming by pure chance.

I think Julio is also the *older* brother, so Ange would only be second in line to the throne anyways, if women are allowed to assume the throne in their own right in the first place. Makes you wonder what he want Julio's goal is. He didn't need to do any of this to achieve both obvious goals - the throne, and getting rid of Ange.
Apr 4, 2017 5:16 PM

Aug 2010
Hilada's mom is such a bitch...

I didn't expect that from Sylvia.
Sep 13, 2017 5:34 PM

Sep 2014
wow I was about to say what happened to Hilda just now was even worse then what happened to Ange.. until Silvia happened.

Wow just when I thought this show would become somewhat "nice" it reminded me what it is and kicked me in the dirt. Wow. Im really impressed.

I was expecting a fain service cringefest of an anime and while I totally got that I was not expecting something epic like this.

only 2 things - why all the trouble to lure her out? she was already "dead" to the public
and more importantly Momoka was disappointing, why did she not just use her mana to protect them? she even protected ange in ep 1 from some milk (idk what it was)
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jan 26, 2018 5:57 AM

Jul 2008
Welp....that ended as badly as I thought it would.
Feb 22, 2018 2:52 PM

May 2015
I WANTED TO TRY THIS PIE!!! BASTARDS!

Also RIP HILDA AND ANGE.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 16, 2018 4:49 PM

Nov 2016
This just feels bad man :/

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 12, 2019 9:34 AM

May 2016
Ange was too late and the whole episode is beyond sad.

Sylvia is fucking insane now, I didn't expect her to come out and attack Ange like that, I bet Julio is part of the blame for the personality change, that bastard. It's going to get worse next episode (Ange being imprisoned and publicly whipped) but it seems Tusk who was on top of the castle in this episode will save Ange and Hilda.

Hilda has it worse as she was replaced as her mom doesn't want anything to do with her anymore because she's a norma. The cops beat her pretty good as well when they could've just grabbed her and threw her in the car.
May 4, 2019 4:02 AM

May 2013
I was laughing my ass off at Ange's reunion with Sylvia. Not to mention Ange randomly sprays bullets at her to drive the guards away XD

I cannot decide whether I should take this show seriously or not. Felt legit bad for Hilda at the end, had disliked her char up until now.

There's a serious dichotomy going on here.
KreatorXMay 4, 2019 4:06 AM
Truly a Divine Comedy
Jul 13, 2019 7:59 AM

Dec 2018
I speak french and that scene with the french movie was hilarious

whoops was meant for ep 8
StateofOhayoJul 13, 2019 8:37 AM
Jul 13, 2019 8:38 AM

Dec 2018
watching both girl's plans go tits up was expected, but still really sad.
Mar 22, 2020 9:37 AM

Apr 2013
Well that was a short trip in freedom for both of them. Seems like that whole world is racist.
Aug 21, 2021 3:00 AM
Jan 2021
animefan8800 said:
I still don't know why I'm watching this I mean...it's sooooo over the top. What does it say when I'm now rooting for the mom and wheelchair bound sister to die painful deaths? I mean Momoka's been the only legit likable character so far. Must EVERY character be an over the top monster? I get that they've been trained to view norma as monsters but it's so unrealistic, and I don't watch anime for realism but even I think it's a bit much. It's pretty hilarious in its ridiculousness though. I'm just waiting for the eventual twist to see if the "good" guys...the norma I guess...eventually start striking back at these awful, awful people. Plus while it won't be worth enduring all the bullcrap leading up to it, when Ange finally gets to kill her brother...which we just know is gonna happen...it's gonna be goooooooooooooood. :D
how is it unrealistic rasicm was literally just like that worse tbh…
Aug 18, 2022 11:45 PM

Nov 2017
That was SUPER f-ed up. Hard to watch. I guess the government makes the people hate normas who can neutralize the magic. They really brainwash the heck out of them. Not out of the realm of our own world's present realities though. Happens every day.
Jan 12, 2023 10:34 PM

Oct 2022
Soul crushing episode, especially for Hilda, her mother completely replacing her. I cannot imagine the level of trauma that would cause to Hilda.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Is there anywhere online where I can watch this legally?

Aletheia_xxx - May 20

4 by Aletheia_xxx »»
May 21, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2015

331 by jiashun02 »»
Oct 22, 2023 3:16 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

194 by Babieca009 »»
Aug 17, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2014

131 by FireRifle64 »»
Aug 8, 2023 1:03 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2015

285 by Nikoslovescoffee »»
Jul 17, 2023 4:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.