Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
COPPELION
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2013 5:36 PM

Mar 2012
This is like what happen if Arata Naru Sekai: Mirai-hen get full cour instead of just an OVA.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Oct 2, 2013 5:38 PM

Sep 2012
Aoi's freakout was pretty exaggerated and unnatural, what a whiny bitch.
But Ibara can carry the show on her shoulders for all I care.
Oct 2, 2013 5:43 PM

Sep 2012
Solkiskey said:
Unnatural? How so?

OH MY GOD A DEAD PERSON I WANNA LEAVE THIS PLACE THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME I CAN'T BEAR IT I NEED TO SCREAM AND FREAK OUT.

Oh, please.
Oct 2, 2013 5:45 PM

May 2011
Lovely scenery, like K. But this first episode didn't really grab my attention. It felt slow watching the girls walk around and their mannerisms and words didn't particularly hook me. So far the mystery of what happened does have me curious though.
Oct 2, 2013 5:47 PM

Apr 2010
Litrydow said:
Solkiskey said:
Unnatural? How so?

OH MY GOD A DEAD PERSON I WANNA LEAVE THIS PLACE THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME I CAN'T BEAR IT I NEED TO SCREAM AND FREAK OUT.

Oh, please.

Considering the circumstances, I think it's a pretty natural reaction for a young girl.

But eh whatever, I guess.
Oct 2, 2013 5:51 PM

Mar 2013
Great episode!
This is really interesting...I'm curious to where this is going....
Oct 2, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2011
Wow this is so...different. Looks more like a post-apocalyptic movie.

The backgrounds are wonderful!
Oct 2, 2013 5:59 PM

Feb 2013
Well, it was okay, not really what I was expecting. It's kind of a cliche premise and the three leads are kind of generic. I'll give it the three episode treatment, but I'm not to enthusiastic. The animation is weird with the characters' outlines in comparison to the backgrounds. All the humans we've see also seem to be this strange sepia or grayscale tone in comparison to the vivid backgrounds. It really takes some getting used to.

Other than that, the ending song is pretty good. I give this first episode a 7/10. I hope the show picks up, because it could be really good with a pick up in plot.
Oct 2, 2013 5:59 PM
Jul 2013
millo said:

Maybe it can be my anime savior for my empty soul after Shingeki no Kyojin ends.

It has been one for me! Love the post-apocalyptic vibe.

TassadarV said:
Thought it was interesting, but something about this first episode just didnt click with me.
millo said:
Also i find it extremely ironic that the girls said that, "We're not just puppet right, we're human", or something like that, and that several minutes after, the man above inside the plan said, only robots and puppet could live in that city.
This was exactly my thoughts

Different point of view, I suppose? Suppose this story would have one of those themes that is like "A human is still a human". I support this theme. Hoping that Ibara, Aoi and Taeko are not the only girls we will meet :P.
Oct 2, 2013 6:26 PM

Sep 2010
Litrydow said:
Solkiskey said:
Unnatural? How so?

Oh, please.

Oh yeah you would've been totally cool with it.. Oh, please.
Oct 2, 2013 6:31 PM

Sep 2012
sibbo7 said:
Litrydow said:
Solkiskey said:
Unnatural? How so?

Oh, please.

I'm not saying she should be totally cool with it and act like it's normal. I'm just saying the freakout was too exaggerated and seems like an attempt to either make the show "darker" or fill it with angst. I hope my suspicion is wrong, but we'll only find out in the next episodes.
Oct 2, 2013 6:43 PM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
Gorgeous background. The outline of the characters may need some getting used to though.

It's inconsistent, which makes it weird. I like the filtering and the backgrounds a lot but something about the character animation just feels off. Still, the story definitely seems interesting and I'm definitely in.
Oct 2, 2013 6:51 PM
Mar 2011
neontaster said:
symbv said:
Gorgeous background. The outline of the characters may need some getting used to though.

It's inconsistent, which makes it weird. I like the filtering and the backgrounds a lot but something about the character animation just feels off. Still, the story definitely seems interesting and I'm definitely in.

totally with you. it feels inconsistent and off to me as well.

aoi is already unnerving for me. hopefully they explain why they sent a weak whiny girl like her to explore a wasteland.

actually hopefully they explain why they send teenage girls in school girl uniform to rescue survivors in a wasteland

teenage girls that looks like they have no self-defense training and little self-defense weapons
"....i am the villain in this story"
Oct 2, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
The animation is okay.
The post apocalyptic interests me.
I'll keep watching.
Oct 2, 2013 7:28 PM

Aug 2013
This is definitely my most anticipated anime this season. I love the manga that's why I have high hopes for this one.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Oct 2, 2013 7:29 PM
Apr 2013
Will watch, I liked the vibe and stuff, just not diggin' the characters yet but not going to hate them yet
Oct 2, 2013 7:51 PM

Apr 2009
sibbo7 said:

She is genetically engineered, most likely received training and this is the fucking task she was created for. Not to mention that this radiation area will feature a few more corpses.

If they really send the girls into this without proper training/qualifications then it means that either the plot is dumb, the characters are unrealistic or the writers are idiots.
NidhoeggrOct 2, 2013 7:54 PM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 2, 2013 8:14 PM

Mar 2012
Kinda bad. I definitely enjoyed the manga more, but I'll give it another episode or two. At least this line happened: http://s16.postimg.org/pz4qsivyr/Picture_1.png
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 2, 2013 8:16 PM

Jun 2013
Pretty good start. The premise and setting are interesting and it looks really good, but I'm not too crazy about any of the characters at the moment.
Oct 2, 2013 8:28 PM

Nov 2007
This better improve. Not impressed at all by the first episode.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 2, 2013 8:33 PM

May 2012
Background animation is really top notch but when the characters are up close, somehow they do not fit with the surroundings... but anyway, interesting start. And I always love main characters with Kansai accent.
Oct 2, 2013 8:45 PM
Jul 2018
Been waiting on this one, got big expectations. Also, that background animation was hella gorgeous.
Oct 2, 2013 9:12 PM
Nov 2009
Solid character and action animation, but all of it is ruined by the awful filters. GoHands needs to rethink their use of digital animation tools, at the rate things are going it just doesn't complement the cool animation their shows tend to have.
Oct 2, 2013 9:14 PM

Jan 2013
the animation is awesomely fluid.

i like where this is going. Ibara is a badass
Oct 2, 2013 9:34 PM

Mar 2013
Hmm.. seems OK to me, looks interesting but quite boring. Well, let's see in the next episodes. Also i find HanaKana's character (Aoi) annoying -_-
Oct 2, 2013 9:44 PM

Jun 2009
Meddigo said:
Aoi, who is completely afraid of even a little blood and is nothing but a nuisance who complains and bickers constantly during the mission? .

I feel you. I dislike her more than Yandere Yuno...and that's saying a lot. I haven't read the manga so she might man up or something (I sure hope so). I'll give her a chance but her reactions...I just can't get with it.
Oct 2, 2013 9:51 PM

Sep 2007
Lol at the random subtle pantsu flash at the beginning of the episode. Aoi was god awful annoying though.
Oct 2, 2013 9:52 PM

Jan 2011
It's early on, so some of what might appear to be plot holes or senseless fan service (school uniforms) might have an explanation revealed later on. As far as it goes, unless you want a total information dump first episode, it's going to take a while to reveal all the information we need/want about these things. We already know that the girls have some abilities beyond the ordinary (the leap from the bridge, communicating with animals) so it's possible Aoi's personality is balanced out by some ability crucial to the mission.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 2, 2013 9:57 PM

Aug 2010
Definitely thought it was a good episode. The premise sounded awesome and I thoroughly expected it to be ruined by the fact that they were using high school girls as main characters. I expected that the series would not be able to take it self seriously and kind of just make it K-ON! except with hazmat suits or something.

Instead after watching the episode I don't feel as if the choice in characters impeded the story at all, in fact I think it heighted the sense of "something isn't quite right here" in the story because after all, what kind of government agency sends high school girls out to save people. Something just doesn't quite sit right with the vice principal character or their organization but we'll see what happens on that front.

Artwork was great in this series, the background in particular was standout. Definitely not conventionally attractive anime art but it is fitting given our post-apocalyptic setting. On that topic, I wonder how there are animals that have adapted to the fallout, I don't know if there are any animals in Chernobyl today but I don't think evolutionary resistance to fallout would occur in just 20 years. Then again we do not know how the government managed to develop fallout resistance humans so perhaps the reasoning here is related.

4/5.
Oct 2, 2013 10:09 PM

Jul 2013
I would say that the visual animation backgrounds, the setting, and the story were promising, but the characters is the only minor issue in my opinion, except for Ibara who look cool enough to be the MC. Though I would get used to the characters as the show progress.

Really a good start for showing a post-apocalyptic landscape. Looking forward to see what the next episode is like.

Oct 2, 2013 10:13 PM
Apr 2013
Its pretty interesting. I've been looking forward to watching this anime. The backgrounds are absolutely beautiful. The style is interesting too with the thick black outline around the characters every now and then. I wish Aoi wouldn't complain so much. I really like Taeko so far I think. I hope it gets more interesting.
Oct 2, 2013 10:18 PM

Nov 2012
Please, just one panty shot!

Serious though, this was a pretty good episode, and I like how serious this episode felt, I wonder if it'll continue to be like this.
The animation was also pretty good too, but the character outline is a bit distracting though.,
Oct 2, 2013 10:21 PM

Sep 2013
If it wasn't for the established dates, this first episode could work as a sequel to Godzilla vs. Destoroyah. On a more serious note, this episode was a decent start. An interesting world and "plot" has been presented, I just hope they follow-up on it properly and make the best out of it.
Oct 2, 2013 10:27 PM

Oct 2007
That was a pretty solid hook/premiere episode and I actually quite liked it aside from the way Ibara's companions were acting at times. I really like the look of the show and other than the Colonel guy you could really feel the sense of isolation going on with the crew which became more apparent by the end when it looks like one of them may have been killed. Ibara seems pretty ready for this sort of thing unlike Kana Hanazawa chick and the other girl and is played pretty well by the ever gruff and gung ho Haruka Tomatoes. It goes without saying that Ibara kind of carried the spotlight along with the colonel, but other than that there's reason to stick around to find out what happened to Taeko, what ruined the Old Capital, and just what being a Coppelion is exactly.
Oct 2, 2013 10:48 PM

Jul 2012
It was an alright episode, it didn't interest me as much as I thought but I definitely wasn't expecting to get blown away or anything so I'm not disappointed. I don't like the thick lines they use for the characters, it makes them stick out too much from the background as if they're just cropped in.

I am interested in the story though, the little drops of info like the epicenter and such got me interested.
Oct 2, 2013 11:05 PM

Aug 2013
Really liked the color scheme with all the dull browns and greens, and those backgrounds are amazing. It really sets the scene for a post-apocalyptic story. Those thick outlines on the characters were a bit annoying sometimes, though. Plot seems interesting, I wonder what happened to cause the disaster, or even what the disaster was.
wow gay
Oct 2, 2013 11:08 PM

Jan 2012
Well, I have to admit it was the art that attracted me to this show. However the plot seems to be quite unique also. And the characters are enjoyable too. Looking forward to next episode.

Oct 2, 2013 11:18 PM
Jan 2009
I felt like it was kind of slow, but I really like this thick character-line-art over the soft backgrounds. The end of the episode provided enough incentive to give this a few more weeks.
Oct 2, 2013 11:27 PM

Feb 2012
Kind of reminds me of Tokyo Jungle... other than that, it was just ok. Gonna give it a couple more episodes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2013 11:35 PM

Sep 2012
Perfectly understandable why they put this anime project on hold in 2011 when the earthquake/tsunami/nuclear leak struck Japan.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 2, 2013 11:43 PM

Jun 2008
Those skirts are pretty short.
Oct 2, 2013 11:43 PM
Sep 2013
SomeStatic said:
I felt like it was kind of slow, but I really like this thick character-line-art over the soft backgrounds. The end of the episode provided enough incentive to give this a few more weeks.
I liked that it went slow because we were slowly getting information on the world and the characters role in it, then things got faster when the dead body was introduced. The suspense was still there, for me.
Oct 2, 2013 11:49 PM

Mar 2012
Somehow this reminds me of the game The Last of Us
Its 420 out there somewhere.

Oct 3, 2013 12:12 AM

Jun 2013
It seems promising so far... great voice acting, fluid animations (with a bit of an exaggerated feel), beautiful rendition of the setting in the manga, "okay" premise. I just don't know how interested I am in trying to figure out what happened to the Big Capital for everyone to die and for Coppelion to start.
Oct 3, 2013 12:30 AM

Jul 2011
amginex said:

aoi is already unnerving for me. hopefully they explain why they sent a weak whiny girl like her to explore a wasteland.

actually hopefully they explain why they send teenage girls in school girl uniform to rescue survivors in a wasteland

teenage girls that looks like they have no self-defense training and little self-defense weapons

about why teenage girls.. I think it was because the nuclear radiation leak happened 20 years earlier, so if they make a human that is genetically engineered, they would be younger than 20 years.

But i don't know why they wear school uniform instead of something that is more practical for expedition.

And i don't think Aoi is weak, whiny yes, weak idk.
Oct 3, 2013 12:56 AM

Jul 2012
Thought this would interest me more.

I thought this episode was alright, not good just okay. Shouldn't the girls be more equipped to fight or at least protect themselves? They just seem so defenseless despite the nature of their job.

And Aoi is annoying, I sure hope she'll become more likeable.

I do like the post-apocalyptic atmosphere though. Will see where this goes.
Oct 3, 2013 1:10 AM

Nov 2011
This could be either really good or really bad..

Hmm from the first episode I didn't mind it i'll just wait and see how things play out from here.
Oct 3, 2013 1:45 AM

Jun 2009
So so episode. I didn't find anything interesting.

Still thinking of giving it a 3 episode rule or stick with it hoping it would get better although I doubt it.
Oct 3, 2013 1:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I really liked the art and animation styles and I'm hoping they can keep up this level throughout the series.

The premise is ok, but they have a whole of explaining to do as to why girls in high school uniforms are the way to infiltrate a barren wasteland. And Aoi's character seems completely unsuited to this kind of mission, never mind her grating voice and whiny attitude.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 3, 2013 1:54 AM

Mar 2009
Bah I nearly died of boredom. If I still am dying of boredom at the end of ep 2 I'll drop this. The characters seemed boring and the premise doesn't really interest me.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2013

156 by Assassin2112 »»
Apr 28, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Nov 5, 2013

129 by Assassin2112 »»
Apr 26, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

70 by Dekom »»
Feb 28, 3:34 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

85 by Dekom »»
Feb 27, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Coppelion Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

72 by Dekom »»
Feb 26, 3:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.