Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 22, 2011 2:27 PM

Sep 2008
Papajan said:

It just seems like Accel would "accidentally" feel a rush of wind now and then or bump his hand on something in a weird way now and then. If he's always reflecting, it'd seem extremely unusual to him. I find it hard to believe that the "science" world would explain something as an unexplainable accident. I'm willing to accept it for now, but it seems like the way things are often presented in the anime are a little unbelievable compared to the parts of LN I've seen.

I realize Index doesn't have John's Pen mode, but I interpret that mode as analogous to software. Under that interpretation I assume Index has mana and the ability to use the knowledge of the books even though she says she doesn't have any mana. I can't fathom the idea of software having mana.

A valid point. I don't think wind would really be capable of that kind of movement under ordinary circumstances, but I'm not a meteorologist. I don't know how these things work.

2 minor things. I think you're underestimating the precision needed in the execution. It's a very precise point at which he pulls.

I wouldn't ever claim that the science world here would be inclined to write something off as an unexplainable accident. Accelerator though, he's another issue. If he doesn't have the explanation, he sure as hell doesn't trust any of the doctors who could puzzle it out, nor would he want to undergo the experiments required to do so. It seems he would probably just rest assured that there was an explanation for it, but that so long as this didn't become a repeating incident he just doesn't care.

It's somewhat like when one of those old televisions acts up, you bang it and the signals back. Most people don't take the thing apart and look for the short, especially if it doesn't happen again for years. The scientists would have been interested, accelerator would not have been. Accelerator doesn't know how this happens, or even that it can, the scientist does. I think it fits.

I've had issue with the John's pen mode functionality as well. Personally though, it seems like there are probably various workarounds for cases like this. Tomes have magical properties long after their writer dies. Various artifacts have been shown to be inherently magical. A top level secret like this probably has all the stops put forth for it. I don't find it implausible that mana was being routed through her from elsewhere. At some point there was that chant that the espers were using which was powered by ninty monks elsewhere or something like that. During the deep blood arc. Could be something like that.

Ultimately though that's kind of irrelevant, as then she wouldn't be using johns pen mode. I'm cool if she starts using magic, but it should probably take some training. Just because she has the knowledge doesn't mean she has the skill. Certainly would be a cool direction to go in though, and I imagine the political implications of her learning to use magic would be enormous. Nice thinking there. I like it.
GanglerFeb 22, 2011 2:58 PM
Feb 22, 2011 3:34 PM

Apr 2010
yeah, fair enough.

I don't know if I'm underestimating the precision needed or overestimating it. I'm assuming that reflection is changing the signs in a vector representation of velocity based on what we've seen. From that, Kihara has to switch velocity direction between the time when he enters Accel's area of control and when Accel actually does the reflection. In reversing the trajectory, he has to also make sure to stay within Accel's area of control until the reflection happens. We're not only talking about "pulling back" or the force from your muscles leading to acceleration, but the velocity itself has to change, so the force has to have already taken enough effect to change the direction of velocity. Not only that, but he has to change the velocity enough so that the reflection damages Accel. The amount of force required to change that much in such a short period of time seems insane.

Then beyond that, it seems like Accel can turn reflection on or off (after all, he touches moving objects without reflecting them in day-to-day life). So if he turns it off and Kihara does the move, nothing happens, leading to a more mental aspect of the fight where Kihara not only needs to know the timing but also whether Accel will choose to turn off reflection or not. If Kihara thinks Accel turns it off and Accel doesn't, then Kihara gets a shock.

It's just unbelievable for me to think that he can get the timing right every single time, change the velocity enough to do damage, and win the guessing game 100% of the time. I know it's a shonen, but that's a stretch.

Maybe I wouldn't mind so much, but it seems like a deus ex machina in suddenly presenting a complete counter to Accel's defense. Then again the defense against wind is made up. oh well, maybe Accel can learn to be even more of a badass from it
Feb 22, 2011 4:38 PM

May 2009
Accelerator is amazing! He did a good job in saving Last Order, sigh
Feb 22, 2011 5:13 PM
Jan 2011
Papajan said:
yeah, fair enough.

I don't know if I'm underestimating the precision needed or overestimating it. I'm assuming that reflection is changing the signs in a vector representation of velocity based on what we've seen. From that, Kihara has to switch velocity direction between the time when he enters Accel's area of control and when Accel actually does the reflection. In reversing the trajectory, he has to also make sure to stay within Accel's area of control until the reflection happens. We're not only talking about "pulling back" or the force from your muscles leading to acceleration, but the velocity itself has to change, so the force has to have already taken enough effect to change the direction of velocity. Not only that, but he has to change the velocity enough so that the reflection damages Accel. The amount of force required to change that much in such a short period of time seems insane.

Then beyond that, it seems like Accel can turn reflection on or off (after all, he touches moving objects without reflecting them in day-to-day life). So if he turns it off and Kihara does the move, nothing happens, leading to a more mental aspect of the fight where Kihara not only needs to know the timing but also whether Accel will choose to turn off reflection or not. If Kihara thinks Accel turns it off and Accel doesn't, then Kihara gets a shock.

It's just unbelievable for me to think that he can get the timing right every single time, change the velocity enough to do damage, and win the guessing game 100% of the time. I know it's a shonen, but that's a stretch.

Maybe I wouldn't mind so much, but it seems like a deus ex machina in suddenly presenting a complete counter to Accel's defense. Then again the defense against wind is made up. oh well, maybe Accel can learn to be even more of a badass from it

ur theory is right. It is insane, its even in the novels saying to do all this is superhuman but kihara did it. Though reflection can't turn on or off on full power, its automatic so its an ultimate defense until kihara came. Its only off when accelerator isn't using his choker.

Remember also reflectin only works on stuff coming at him he launches stuff by doing it himself.
Wanna read the"To aru majutsu no index" Light novels in English? Go here.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=To_Aru_Majutsu_no_Index

Feb 22, 2011 5:14 PM

Apr 2007
Papajan said:
yeah, fair enough.

Accel CANNOT turn reflection off. It's automatic; it's like breathing for him. That's why Kihara can exploit this loophole. Whatever is considered "bad" will automatically get reflected back to its sender. He can't consciously stop reflecting it unless the battery is out or he turns his power off.

Yes, the timing for the punches would have to be very precise and is not humanly possible but this is Index SCIENCE we're talking about. And this isn't a complete counter to Accel's defense since Kihara is the only person that can do this. He developed Accel's power for years so he knows everything about it and added in this loophole. It also took him years to perfect this technique.
z-pakFeb 22, 2011 5:17 PM
Feb 22, 2011 8:11 PM

Sep 2008
@Papajan: Wow. Actually it sounds like you've thought out what's required for it to work more than I have. Interesting to see the physics of it laid out like that.

I'm not actually sure if Accel can turn off the reflection or not. I've heard both. We've seen him alter it to remove sound. We've seen him turn the sound reflection off. He's mentioned that the reason he's so pale and has the white hair is because he chooses to reflect a variety of radiations including ultraviolet. Presumably he could just as easily choose to let that through. He's capable of interacting with objects without reflecting them when he wants to. In the manga we hear Accelerator's thoughts when Touma first punches through the reflection. He thinks that perhaps he was concentrating too hard on his hands so the shield fell. In fact, now that I think of it, that's basically what happened when he took that bullet to the head. It seems to me that he could turn it off if he wanted, but this isn't mentioned at any point during Kihara's antics, which would indicate that it's somehow not actually an option.

Anyway, even if he can, Kihara seems quite capable of winning the psychological battle. He's got Accelerator's number down. Knows him well. Basically shaped the guy's mind with the express purpose of creating a specific personal reality. You'll notice he even somehow anticipated that by now Accelerator would have learned how to control air vectors. So, were Accelerator to shut it down, I imagine Kihara would predict that with ease.

I wouldn't call it Deus Ex Machina so much as just sudden though. Deus Ex implies basically an ass pull in order to solve an unsolvable problem. Accelerator's reflection is powerful, but there's been shown to be ways around it. Imagine breaker. The bullet earlier. His collar has limitations so there's that too. He has to stay in places where he can get reception, so I imagine subway tunnels and caves are off limits. A high enough level of voltage has been shown to mess with the imouto's signals and I'm sure there's other ways to interfere with accelerator's ability to outsource his calculations. Like Kihara said, it's not an impenetrable shield, there's a methodology to it with limitations. Kihara just happened to bring to the table a limitation we were unaware of, because he's skilled enough to use it and smart enough to know it. Suddenly revealing that evil superman has kryptonite in the final battle when we need to kill him is deus ex. Suddenly revealing that superman has kryptonite is just sudden, and a bit of an ass pull. Suddenly revealing that superman has more kryptonite than we were lead to believe is just sudden. Nothing wrong with sudden.
Feb 23, 2011 11:44 AM

Apr 2010
maybe sudden is a better word idk, still feels like deus ex to me. Just feels like the story was told in such a way that it's artificially surprising. So instead of feeling surprised I feel like someone stole my parking spot.

@BakaOnna
yeah, it's Index science, just a shame cause they could've maintained more scientific realism and still told an amazing story. The only way I can seem to convince myself that Kihara has perfect timing is if he created others with the same personal reality and reflection, then used them as test subjects. It would've taken years, but if Aleister is involved somehow I'd be willing to believe that sort of foresight.
Feb 23, 2011 2:04 PM

Oct 2010
Papajan said:
This is quite interesting as I find myself marveling if this could be a solution should Accelerator find out the way Kihara passes through his vectors. Is there any way to rearrange those vectors so it will work against Kihara's methods against Accelerator?Also this,

to all who did the wonderful discussions about Accelerator, so much info it's amazing. I still am going with the crowd that think it's unacceptable for Kihara to use such tactics against Accelerator.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Feb 23, 2011 5:57 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Papajan said:
maybe sudden is a better word idk, still feels like deus ex to me. Just feels like the story was told in such a way that it's artificially surprising. So instead of feeling surprised I feel like someone stole my parking spot.

@BakaOnna
yeah, it's Index science, just a shame cause they could've maintained more scientific realism and still told an amazing story. The only way I can seem to convince myself that Kihara has perfect timing is if he created others with the same personal reality and reflection, then used them as test subjects. It would've taken years, but if Aleister is involved somehow I'd be willing to believe that sort of foresight.

Well scientific realism does goes out of the window in the world of index. That is why I am not surprised by what Kihara pulled out. He is a prodigy even though he's not an esper per se. If he can get a whistle that can disorient the vectors, he can figure out a way to do this trick. On top of that, he has more martial arts experience than Accelerator. He knows Accelerator inside out. He essentially made Accelerator's power so he knows exactly the limits and pitfall of Accelerator's power.

Deus Ex Machina is everywhere. It's the entire damn series. Touma's hand is the manifestation of Deus Ex itself. So once again, nothing to be surprised from here.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 23, 2011 8:00 PM

Jun 2009
I've been thinking as to why Kihara able to interfere with Accelerator reflection field, it seems that Kihara is changing the signs in the vectors as well as to when timing the negation process like for example when does Accelerator actually activating the reflection fields so Kihara has to have sense the AIM dispersion field which be the signal that Accelerator is activating his abilities. Now below is a diagram that I worked it out:

And I what I meant isl iV = is the Vector that initiated with Accelerator actual strength and F= is the factor in which Accelerator choose to increase his Vector force which play an important role in giving Accelerator such an insane power. Now what I am saying is that Kihara manipulating Accelerator`s own iV and that`s possible because that Vector force is coming from a normal high school student so Kihara can match it if he knows the exact time as to when that Vector occurs before taking the shape of that Accelerator`s huge mass effect. So after replacing that first Vector with the exact opposite one that it will cause it to diminish in effect so it will negating Accelerator owns equations for his reflection field.. The rest after nullifying Accelerator defenses is up to Kihara`s own strength for ex. like his punch strength because if all what Kihara was doing is "pulling back his fist" alone then he wouldn`t be able to deliver damage to Accelerator.
So I'd like to hear what you think about that guys.

Feb 24, 2011 7:01 AM

Jul 2010
Looks like the season will end without finishing God's Right Seat arc.. too few episodes. Argh, does this mean another 3 years of waiting? T.T
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Feb 24, 2011 3:58 PM

Jul 2009
Aezile said:
To those people who read the novel:

PLEASE! Resist from saying anything that will spoil other people, just give them a hint or a clue, you know who you are (>_>)

Either that, or make it explicitly known that said
contains novel spoilers.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Feb 24, 2011 4:42 PM
Dec 2007
Sigsig said:
Looks like the season will end without finishing God's Right Seat arc.. too few episodes. Argh, does this mean another 3 years of waiting? T.T
Well, considering we aren't likely to see another Railgun it all depends on whether JC Staff actually releases Shana 3 this year or releases new adaptations. I'm crossing my fingers for a 2012 third season at most, maybe this year if we are lucky. But yes, they will leave the series at a very interesting point which is rather sad and also good since it means people will be excited for what comes next.

Feb 24, 2011 5:38 PM

Feb 2009
So what I'm hearing kind of makes sense, but there's an awful lot of aspects of accelerator's powers that must be on at all times and must have certain unchangeable properties (he can't turn off Reflection, it's always active at the same point, it always preserves the vector's velocity, but negates its direction, being linked to the Misaka network or whatever's going on has had zero effect any any of these mentioned properties) and the doctor has to have the twitch-reaction time capable of beating Doom 3 on nightmare mode in under 90 minutes.

Also, Reflection *always* reverses the direction of the vector, and not the velocity? If it changed the velocity, then why can't it be reduced (shouldn't be amplified, and if it is, by now I'm tired of this convenient "it's just the way it is, read the novels") and therefore padding the punch to nothing, regardless of direction, and if it *isn't*, then experiment for yourself: Try and punch in mid air and pull back your fist: I guarantee the velocity directly after the direction change is much slower than halfway through the punch's arc (where it would collide with something). I can't imagine these double-reversed punches being any stronger than a pat on the cheek. And Accelerator took how many full on punches from Touma? And he goes down from how many of these punches?

I can only guess that in addition to being all properties described in my first paragraph, the power also increases the velocity of the punch, thus being a completely convenient plot device designed solely for this one encounter.
Feb 24, 2011 5:55 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
ZetaZeta said:

Also, Reflection *always* reverses the direction of the vector, and not the velocity?

Vector is an abstract mathematical construct. Velocity is a vector quantity, but I think it is implied that Accelerator can change force-related vectors, not any type of vectors (FYI color can be described by a vector too). Accelerator seem to be able to redirect vectors not necessarily cancel them so it comes down to how much he reflects back. In other words, he may actually be amplifying the "draw back" punch by Kihara. In fact, that is exactly what Kihara was saying. The actual punch may be a pat's strength but Accelerator amplified it to hurt himself.

However, he seems to be able to control electromagnetic force vectors too (what he did to save last order). What is interesting is that to reconfigure the force vector he needs a huge amount of computational power (thus now relying on sisters network after being brain injured). So he is like running a powerful computational "program" that Kihara knows inside out (he helped its development). Accel does this subconsciously and Kihara exploits this weakness in his defense system.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 25, 2011 12:02 AM

May 2009
dragon132004 said:

The answer is already on your formula, iV can be started with either positive or negative, a positive or negative force even if multiplied can dissipate when the formula you stated were jumbled up(time), one wrong calculation and it's good as none.

Since Accel's redirection defense ability is automatic, it's set into one calculation, therefore, as the anime and author stated, when Kihara punches Accel's he has the precise time when to pull it out resulting a backfired effect to Accel. :D

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Feb 25, 2011 9:04 PM

Dec 2010
This episode is my favorite so far. Accelerator is showing kindness now ... ^^
Feb 27, 2011 5:31 AM

Oct 2009
It's not fair to just have an anti-vector change weapon...
Feb 27, 2011 8:58 AM

Sep 2008
Aurao said:
It's not fair to just have an anti-vector change weapon...
Lol. Because the Vector Changing was such a fair ability in the first place?
Feb 28, 2011 12:47 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty crazy episode. Why couldn't the other arcs be like this?
Feb 28, 2011 6:21 AM

May 2009
Veronin said:
Pretty crazy episode. Why couldn't the other arcs be like this?

Too much blood and gore is bad for your health xP

-- I'm looking for "The One" and I'll find her more quickly if I audition two at a time. Think you can do better? --
-- The World God Only Knows -- Toaru Majutsu no Index -- Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai --
Mar 7, 2011 12:31 AM

Mar 2011
easily 5/5.

the quality of the science arcs seem superior to the magic arcs. right now it feels like the magic arcs only existed this season so the roman catholic church could have a reason to add touma to the list of things they hate about academy city.
Mar 11, 2011 5:25 PM

May 2010
SuzukaYuriko said:
Accelerator's power is "redirecting everything that comes at him the other way". What Kihara does is pull his punch back at the very last second so that the reverse force hits Accelerator instead of reflecting away from him.

No, the way I view it, the force should have been stopped regardless if he had pulled back or not.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Mar 16, 2011 4:03 PM

Jul 2010
Shit has hit the FAN! The fight scene between Accelerator and that Hound Dog was pretty one sided. Never though someone would develope a weapon inversing Accel's vector powers.

Poor Last Order got saved by the beaten down Accelerator at the last moment. Moments later we see her clinging to Touma balling her eyes out begging for help. ;_;

That piercing filled member of the church is really creepy. Time for Touma and Index to step in!

Apr 7, 2011 5:26 PM

Mar 2011
Oh my Aleister, you manipulative bastard you!

Just what does the worlds most powerful magician have up his (up-side-down) sleeve?

It seems he's been wanting something to increase the power of Imagine Breaker for a while now (hell, he's probably had it planned out since s1 ep1 of index), but what is the question!

And how could anyone refuse the request of a teary snotty-nosed misaka-wa-misaka-wa!
Apr 19, 2011 2:53 AM

Feb 2011
what did they do to accelerator they'll gonna pay for this..

so the reason why won't the angelican church hand the academy city to the roman catholics is they've already got a hand of the academy city...
Feb 13, 2012 4:27 PM

Jan 2012
damn accelerator got beat up... but next episode he will make a comeback like a boss

the right seat of God (what's her name?) is creepy with cross chained on her tongue. eww

and again, index paired up with accelerator, last order with touma. what happens next? lol
Feb 17, 2012 9:21 PM

Jul 2010
i'm actually starting to like accel now, before he wa just a stupid bastard, now he's actually being a cool bastard. though it would be too rushed if it happened now, i hope him and touma can somehow be friends, they have a bunch of stuff in common anyway, one of them being having a loli follow them everywhere.
definitely an awesome episode

Apr 13, 2012 11:23 PM

Nov 2011
Accelerator for the fucking win
Jun 8, 2012 12:45 AM

Jul 2011
Nice this was actually really good. The great SOL episodes and now this, now I remember why I was watching this show in the first place. Also, I want to now what the deal with the silver haired dude (forgot his name) is as well, some interesting foreshadowing going on here.
Jan 8, 2013 8:55 AM

Jun 2009
This was a really solid episode. If the entire series could have been as well done as this then Index could have been something special. That kind of annoys me now that I think about it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 2, 2013 2:50 PM

May 2012
The beginning of the episode was rather funny, didn't thought sasha survived! The rest is quite a take on accelerator damn they got him good, lets see what that end all meant!
Mar 24, 2013 9:40 AM

Sep 2012
Cool Accelerator is cool...
Damn that Kihara...
What is with that Vento!? O_O
Feb 23, 2014 4:36 AM

Dec 2010
Hahahaha, so Accelerator wasn't as invincible as thought, I'm not really pissed, though he's one of my faves.

But the ending was way more interesting for me.
Jun 30, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2013
Aww man.. wrong time to decide on going to sleep. As next episode seems epic too.
5/5
Aug 25, 2014 5:52 PM

Dec 2013
Holy shit, Accelerator's laugh is back xDD omg so cool
Great ep - no Index biting bullshitry , some nice Accelerator and Last Order moments instead.
Creepy woman appears.
Quite sad there's only 5 episodes left since only 3 or 4 episodes were good so far. Such a waste.
Sep 1, 2014 10:40 AM

May 2014
So many Tsun(dere)? in this series, no one can confess their true feelings, especiallt hose level 5 accel and Mikoto =).

The Aleister guy, I don't even know who's side he is on now ust because he wants Accelerator dead!!!
Sep 3, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2014
OMG accelerator NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
that last move he made in order to save last order was beautiful as hell
Dec 10, 2014 6:59 PM

Jul 2014
Am i the only person that thinks he looks like Seifer from Final Fantasy VIII a little bit?
Jan 2, 2015 8:34 PM

Aug 2013
Mmmm, so is it gonna be Index vs that Kihara dude? And Touma vs Vento?
I believe Index have the advantage in that fight, since that guy seem specialized against esper, not mages.

Well, a new guy with a new annoying face. I hope Accelerator get his revenge against him. And it was so sweet of him, to think of Last Order before himself... :3
And it look like his wish was heard.

We don't know much about this Aleister but he seem to control everything that happen in that city. Is he affiliated to that syndicate who were experimenting on the Misaka clones? I felt like Accelerator knew Kihara from that project.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 7, 2015 11:52 AM

Aug 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
I am completely butt-hurt anally raped for the first time and left bleeding out on the street in regards to the following,

this episode being mainly about Accelerator and Last Order with some infusion of Touma/Index, Anti-Skill, Vento and since a while Aleister. TBH I am a fan of Accelerator and am devastated by his defeat. However this works out in the other way too, that of me wanting Accelerator to quick Kihara so bad that he will have a worst look than Accelerator did in this episode. Man, really butt-hurt about all this. Accelerator should thank Index for saving him from death literally if it was not for his handkerchief being returned he might have been. See Accelerator, being nice can pay off.

About Sasha, although she had a very short part at the very beginning it was enjoyable. Sasha looks to be in some sort of library at first. Not sure what is she reading but it was to see her appearance. Oh my, her nun friend sure has the chest grabbing syndrome like Shirai with Misaka. Unfortunately for her Sasha hammered her in the face, which translates into ouch. Her nun friend does not look bad in regards to her appearance and breast size. In fact neither do Sasha’s legs and stomach but she carries a saw with her? Sasha’s nun friend can be cute sometimes with her poses. I loved how the flashbacks portrayed Sasha with her red eyes glowing, the whole ritual she was doing (that was nice to remember) and how evil she looked. The painting itself looks very familiar and I have a version similar to it at home. Sasha’s nun friend looking at her from another angle does indeed have them big breasts. Perhaps close to ones of Orsola, so I guess they are portraying nuns sexy again whether big or DFC. ROFL, that nun really though Sasha would wear her magical girl outfit with that wand. From the looks of that hole in the wall, guess not.

About Accelerator, completely unbelievable what happened. It was really nice that Accelerator decided to buy band aids (one of them looks like spider man ones from IRL) for Last Order since while playing in the rain she scrapped her knees. Although I would have wished here that he piggybacked her back to his place. Comes a good start with that car trying to run over Accelerator, which unfortunately get scrapped by Accelerator’s vector shield. This is where the fun begins before the complete beat up of Accelerator. Accelerator came back like in first season and that was a joy itself. His cruelty knows no bounds when you try to kill him with him grabbing the guy inside of his mouth with that evil smile and evil looks his insanity climbed back to how he was in first season. Marvelous, that’s the Accelerator I wanted and I got it! Until this guy showed by the name of Kihara. Accelerator was certainly not intimidated by him with his pose and evil grim. With the way he pointed out something with his hand aimed at his head his looks were consistent in keeping with his insanity especially up close. That is until WTF and WTH at Accelerator being punched. How the fuck did Kihara pass through Accelerator’s shields here. That is completely baffling even with what he mentions later on.

Kihara is really a villain at first with his stomping of the band aids for Misaka. That just shows how nasty he can get. Regardless of that I liked how Accelerator pushed himself more by initializing a tunnel vector, however even that got dispelled by Kihara. OK by now I am WTF is up with Accelerator’s powers, while Kihara is laughing it out as the villain he is. Accelerator’s pain does not even end there, he gets another blow with a iron bar. Oh WTF again and the frustrations get even worse off when Kihara resumes his laughter. I have no idea how Accelerator did a sudden space change and removed the gloves of Kihara but it was nice and poor Accelerator being hurt like that. He gets even more blows with one to his stomach and the worst one being on his chin. By now I wanted so badly some Kihara damage, it’s unbelievable. Comes more pain in seeing Accelerator lying on the ground damaged like never before, so come the explanation of Kihara of why his powers, mainly the vector wind tunnels, not work him. It’s only because of this? I find it completely ridiculous something like that can neutralize the legendary Accelerator. As if that was not enough he gets more hurt with already a badly beaten face through Kihara stomping him? This keeps getting worse at this point. Still you can see Accelerator’s anger despite all this damage done to him.

He becomes really much more GAR when Kihara shows him Last Order having been captured. Using the last powers he had, it’s very admirable of him, actually blew away Last Order. Although I am a little concern at that time about her falling where. With Kihara at this part, the OST from the first season was greatly integrated and Accelerator looked badly pummeled. In fact this is the worst that not even Touma gave him in the first season. In the end as much as of my friends hate Index I will thank her for being there to save Accelerator’s life. This is one time that if she was not there he really would have been dead. Index might be shit in a lot but this one time in this episode she really saved Accelerator. +1 for her from me.
Rest in spoiler
About preview, it keeps getting better and better with the action/plot. Ah shit Index captured for ?th time? How many times she was captured since season 1…….5 times or more? Oh yes! Accelerator recovered although still smashed up, oh please gets that revenge going on. ROFL, some more Shirai comedy. Oh yes, more Tsuchimikado bad-ass please. Accelerator is going to get a new level of diabolical expression here. Strangely reminds me of one of the evil guys in Melody of Oblivion, that being of Hor the minotaur.

I couldn't have said it better... Ditto!!!!
Dec 16, 2015 2:38 PM
Feb 2015
Finaly, some ass is going to be kicked
Jan 23, 2016 9:17 PM

Mar 2014
The Beginning of the end . Finale arc !! Iku yo ~ !!
Merging hours of Science and Religion are about to go down the sanctuary ~ .
Accelerator of Integrity and Violence in manners ~ . Sh*t those Anti-skills !!
Here comes the Grimoires of our hearts ~ . Well , Time to join forces !!
Very Great Episode . EXHILARATION .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2016 7:12 PM

Mar 2015
Accelo evil laugh+Kihara laugh=Awesomeness!!!
It's hard to believe that strongest Level 5 beaten easily. It can't be helped since he is not 100%.
Yeah, every badass needs loli.

4.5/5
Mar 29, 2016 12:19 AM

Mar 2015
Hmm... Accelerator's arc. It's nice to know he genuinely cares for Last Order. Also Last Order cry face is so cute.

Sad part of this is that Misaka is completely forgotten. Touma is one forgetful person.

Jan 21, 2017 4:52 PM

Dec 2013
Shit is really hitting the fan and I'm loving it!
Jun 19, 2017 6:59 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, stuff got really intense!
I really can't wait for Touma and Accelerator's another encounter.
Dec 15, 2017 12:38 PM

Nov 2011
I hope that Accelerator will blow his ass to that bastard of Kihara. However, the narration was really well done, I refer to the links that unite the various contexts examined and the way in which the events have developed. I can not wait to watch the next episode.
Jan 11, 2018 10:44 AM

Apr 2013
Accelerator continues to fail to impress me.
May 13, 2018 9:11 AM

Nov 2016
Having high hopes for this arc,please deliver.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aezile - Apr 1, 2011

237 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:39 AM

Poll: » Speculations for Ep. 23 ( 1 2 )

Aezile - Mar 18, 2011

54 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 6:00 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Aezile - Mar 11, 2011

175 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 5:19 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Mar 4, 2011

136 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 27, 4:52 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index II Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Aezile - Feb 25, 2011

139 by whitebeartigtig »»
May 26, 3:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.