Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Mieruko-chan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 10, 2021 1:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is starting to get a big repetitive so I hope they start mixing things up a bit from next episode.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 10, 2021 1:06 PM

Oct 2013
Those are nice but really not that interesting.

I don't remember when the story starts kicking it, after she met the old hag or the shrine ? maybe around episode 6 ? daaamn I can't wait.
Still there's this creepy guy for now.
Oct 10, 2021 1:09 PM

Mar 2016
She can also see benevolent spirits. That's quite reassuring actually.
Oct 10, 2021 1:19 PM

Jan 2018
Of course episode 2 has fanservice. You can expect more of these onwards as well. If the director didn't want to put in fanservice he wouldn't put them from the start.

Anyways, very good episode.
I liked the last bit with the guys wanting to adopt a stray cat. The first nice looking guy who came to adopt the cat was probably an animal abuser. It's good the spirit that was haunting the kitten followed him. Didn't realize Miko-chan could see good spirits too. She gave the kitten to the mean looking man who was too shy to ask for it directly. He seems committed to taking care of the cat. Wholesome moment.
Oct 10, 2021 1:29 PM
May 2015
Having adopted a cat myself, the cat part of the episode got me all teary eyed. It was an interesting choice on the author's part to make some ghosts protective in nature. The post credit scene was super adorbs.
Oct 10, 2021 1:32 PM
Sep 2019
0451 said:
Of course episode 2 has fanservice. You can expect more of these onwards as well. If the director didn't want to put in fanservice he wouldn't put them from the start.

Anyways, very good episode.
I liked the last bit with the guys wanting to adopt a stray cat. The first nice looking guy who came to adopt the cat was probably an animal abuser. It's good the spirit that was haunting the kitten followed him. Didn't realize Miko-chan could see good spirits too. She gave the kitten to the mean looking man who was too shy to ask for it directly. He seems committed to taking care of the cat. Wholesome moment.

Yes that was def a don’t judge a book by it’s cover moment
That scary looking guy apparently lost both his cats and wife or girlfriend so it’s nice he was able to get the cat
Oct 10, 2021 1:33 PM

Apr 2015
Ah the fanservice continues and I don't mind it one bit! The locker scene was especially great!

Miko-chan is managing to keep a straight face so damn well, even with so many creepy things walking around. It's gotten so far that the ghosts are making her self-conscious of her body XD

The big ghost eating all the ghosts standing in line was pretty creepy.

I loved the part with the two cat man... one followed by evil spirits and one followed by good spirits. It's good to see that Miko-chan can actually see both kinds.
Oct 10, 2021 1:47 PM

May 2019
At this point nothing can make Miku shows a scared reaction to anything anymore.

- A demon ghost straight from hell? Poker face.

- A truck going to hit her and NOT send her to isekai? Poker face.

- Her innocent best friend, her mother and his young brother all they surfering a horrible death and screaming? Poker face.

Poor Miku suffered brain damage already. This terror anime is no comedy.

Oct 10, 2021 1:49 PM
Jul 2020
It was very funny, had a lot of fan service yet very deep and wholesome. The last scene melted my heart. Loving this anime❤
Oct 10, 2021 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
raiderublaze said:
The fanservice....at this point, what else is there to say? It's not that I'm sleepy while writing this, but considering the show's episodic nature, I just don't really have much to say.

I guess Hana is that side character who's always by MC's side, which do jokes, funsies, and stuff together, while our Mieruko-Chan suffers everyday with "vision problems". Also it's worth noting how Hana reacted to the bald man with a lot of tattoos, I guess there's still a stigma of that shit which is kinda disheartening. But yeah aside from the boy with some devilish vibes, it's almost the same thing like last time.

She is not a side character, she is literally the second most important character in the manga. I don't know why MAL put only our MC in charge.
Oct 10, 2021 2:09 PM

Apr 2018
Atleast now I know how I'll end up after I hit the bucket...

Protecctors

Annihilating perverts and lolicons since 2010

Oct 10, 2021 2:12 PM

Nov 2013
Ugh... Imagine a ghost violating you right now...
Oct 10, 2021 2:21 PM
Mar 2015
Loved her saving the cat for the cat lovers
Oct 10, 2021 2:31 PM
Oct 2021
Xenocrisi said:
This episode should be the last one containing fan service, unless the studio decides to slightly diverge from the manga in that regard.

Anyways, nice cat episode!

They still haven't adapted chapter 7 and that one was also pretty heavy with fanservice.
Oct 10, 2021 2:41 PM

Aug 2020
Mieruko had a tough time here... The ayakashis are becoming more threatening. First, the ghost in the middle of her and Hana, that vanished faster than the next ones. The harder was the grabber, who went after Hana and after that Kido-sensei. And it was on time, just when Mieruko was going through pressure and her friend was with the stethoscope close to her.

The queue scene was creepy, since we got no idea what was going there. It seems the ghosts were waiting to be eaten.

It's good to know that the cat can rest in a good place, with a friendly owner. The same can't be said about the red eyed guy... This ability will be very useful for Miko, even though it can be a problem daily.

Oct 10, 2021 2:42 PM
Apr 2015
I love Miko’s reactions and the monsters are so disgusting looking it just makes it more great. I still think the fan-service was a bit too much and it doesn’t add anything to the story but well I can handle it
Oct 10, 2021 3:04 PM

Sep 2018
mmm mmm mmm, very nice. Another great episode with a touching final scene.
Oct 10, 2021 3:05 PM

Dec 2015
These ghosts are freaking creepy. Was afraid that the one on the locker was going to bite her hand.

Speaking of bite, why the heck were they lining up to be eaten?!

Guess the power can come in handy. Bishi boy was probably killing cats or the things that were haunting him will hurt the little guy or something.

アフタークレジットシーンはなんか悲しい。
Oct 10, 2021 3:12 PM
Ooga Booga

Jul 2020
I like watching it, but these random "ecchi" scenes throw me a bit off.

smoochie smoochie[/center]
Oct 10, 2021 3:14 PM

Jun 2021
Love Miko and Hana so much

We need the other girl too with them!

Great episode :) btw Miko and Hana are so pretty
Oct 10, 2021 3:17 PM

Nov 2019
As usual, like how they are stretching this show to fit the manga and not catch up too much. This reminds me of Railgun 1st season. Overall it doesn't help me liking the show more than the source of course. There is something about Passione's aesthetics that bug me. They lack delicacy. Even the fanservice feels formulaic and not something made with things like lighting, creative camera angles, etc in mind. It feels unrefined. And the apparitions keep being annoying rather than scary. I think it's because of their movements in the background which makes them look like props whereas the manga just includes that one devastating panel of maximum effectiveness. The typical shiny, oily and roundish art of Passione makes a weird combo with the hard and foggy apparitions, which really doesn't work for me.

Aww, I won't give up expecting something good. I like Mi(eru)ko's va performance and will wait eagerly for next episode.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Oct 10, 2021 4:10 PM
Sep 2020
Ah , I'm sad regarding fan service. Like this series atleast didn't need that, I would've rated it higher if not for this.

Apart from Fan service, did anyone notice that the Cat Arc was shortened alot, as if skipped.
Oct 10, 2021 4:15 PM

Jan 2021
The ghost has some good taste
Oct 10, 2021 4:29 PM

Jul 2014
Holy mother of thighs! I see the fanservice continues and in such good quality, I really appreciate it. I actually really like the balance between fanservice and horror, I think it does both very well.

Speaking of horror, I think the first episode did it better with respect to that, the atmosphere really helped to build tension. This episode was funnier instead, seeing Miko's suffering as she tried to contain any kind of reaction so as not to be discovered by the ghosts xD.

I have to say I'm loving Sora Amamiya as Miko, not to mention the OP which I love even more now with the lyrics.

Hana's decision to keep going commando was interesting lol. And then the horny ghost.... that was something I wasn't expecting.

The last segment was so wholesome, nice way to end the episode.
Oct 10, 2021 4:58 PM

Jul 2017
Nabaat said:
These ghosts are getting more and more hideous.. And they seem to be cultured too, apparently. Jumping from person to person like that.

Not sure exactly what was the deal with that young man that got denied the cat custody, but seems like he has some links with the ghosts or something.

Also turns out Passione isn't planning on toning down the fan service like most manga readers were expecting.

That guy it will have an interesting story arc
Oct 10, 2021 5:01 PM

Jul 2017
Cursed07 said:
Ah , I'm sad regarding fan service. Like this series atleast didn't need that, I would've rated it higher if not for this.

Apart from Fan service, did anyone notice that the Cat Arc was shortened alot, as if skipped.

We had post-credit scene. Everything was covered and it was really good
Oct 10, 2021 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
Miko is a cool character to get along with this ghost, it's that man really likes cats the way he accepted it.
Oct 10, 2021 5:55 PM
Sep 2020
I didnt expect that ghost to just run up the screen at the end of the episode lol
Oct 10, 2021 5:56 PM
Sep 2020
Im really loving the anime so far and it seems really good
Probably gonna be one of my favs
Oct 10, 2021 6:15 PM

Mar 2021
(note: this response is less about the episode itself and more about the various threads i've seen pop up about this episode)

i'm kinda scratching my head at the people saying that the fanservice was "not that bad" in this episode. literally the entire plot for 2/3 of the episode revolved around hana being molested. gratuitous shots of her changing in the locker room? the "i'm not wearing panties" and hand sanitizer wet shirt scene? and then the fucking nurse with the huge ass boobs getting molested?? let's not kid ourselves here - this was above and beyond the normal level of fanservice.

but really i think what my, and other people's disappointment, boils down to is this: this was never marketed as ecchi. i saw a lot of people say "it's not horror, it's comedy! you were expecting horror and that's why you're disappointed!" no. i WAS expecting comedy. i just thought that it was going to be more along the lines of mob psycho 100, where mieruko just has a poker face despite all of the weird shit going on around her. i was not expecting the comedy to revolve around boobs and asses.

and like, i'm not going to sit here and tell you that this show is bad and you should hate it. my disappointment should not impact your enjoyment. i'm just some asshole on the internet. but for god's sake i should at least be allowed to voice my opinion without a bunch of people jumping down my throat telling me that my disappointment with an anime is racist to japanese people (?????) like guys chill.

it's just anime
n3k0rinOct 10, 2021 6:21 PM
Oct 10, 2021 6:50 PM

Nov 2012
Miko has nerves of steel!

Nyanske would've been looking for a new home if he scratched my lip like that.
Oct 10, 2021 6:51 PM

Jun 2019
When is the fanservice going to stop? It doesn’t fit at all and feels gross. The comedy isn’t good either. If it doesn’t imporve by next episode I’m dropping it.
Oct 10, 2021 7:02 PM

Jul 2017
Cursed07 said:

I rate it higher with the fanservice and hope it stays, stop complaining, virgin.
Oct 10, 2021 7:25 PM
Jul 2018
too much fan service :< also wth happened at the end, who was that man with cats on his shoulders...???????
Oct 10, 2021 7:33 PM

Jan 2011
felt like this has already ran it's course shame it's seems to be more of a ecchi than anything else right now ,while it did end on a oddly bittersweet moment after all the fanservice
Oct 10, 2021 7:41 PM

Dec 2018
The school scene aren't great but because of those two guys scene appear at the end, I'm loving this episode so much. A very heart touching scene.
I can't remember if the nurse and infirmary scene is actually in the manga... but I felt like the anime pacing is faster. Can't believe that guy is actually appearing in episode 2.

Oct 10, 2021 7:43 PM
Sep 2019
SkyLETV said:
Holy mother of thighs! I see the fanservice continues and in such good quality, I really appreciate it. I actually really like the balance between fanservice and horror, I think it does both very well.

Speaking of horror, I think the first episode did it better with respect to that, the atmosphere really helped to build tension. This episode was funnier instead, seeing Miko's suffering as she tried to contain any kind of reaction so as not to be discovered by the ghosts xD.

I have to say I'm loving Sora Amamiya as Miko, not to mention the OP which I love even more now with the lyrics.

Hana's decision to keep going commando was interesting lol. And then the horny ghost.... that was something I wasn't expecting.

The last segment was so wholesome, nice way to end the episode.

Yea the cat scene was so bittersweet and wholesome,
Don’t judge a book by it’s cover
Cried when I read this in the manga
It’s gonna be a good anime
Oct 10, 2021 7:55 PM
Jan 2016
So far the anime is doing pretty good as a manga reader I'm satisfied also yeah you can't judge a book by it's cover I've known plenty of terrible people that meet that saying
I'd rather die a free man then live under the rules of idiots
Oct 10, 2021 8:12 PM

Dec 2019
The cat scene and post credits were the highlight of the episode! *u* <3
Oct 10, 2021 8:21 PM

Dec 2015
RobertBobert said:
SnowBrightt said:
Chapters covered: 2, 3, 4 (everything in them)

They only adapted the first chapter in the first episode, but 3 in the second?

As the others said, ep1 had some original content to make a better introduction + The chapters aren't long so ch.2,3&4 are just about 40 pages total so it's not really big.
Oct 10, 2021 8:45 PM

Mar 2020
The last part was heart-warming.
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Oct 10, 2021 9:26 PM

Dec 2015
The 2nd half of the episode didn't have any fanservice so idk why some people are saying "if there's no fanservice Passione will add some", and the horny ghost from the 1st half was like that in the manga.
Oct 10, 2021 9:35 PM

Dec 2015
Cursed07 said:

Everything was in the anime, literally every panel
Oct 10, 2021 9:38 PM

Jan 2016
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
The 2nd half of the episode didn't have any fanservice so idk why some people are saying "if there's no fanservice Passione will add some", and the horny ghost from the 1st half was like that in the manga.

God forbid a mere second of some weird angles , quickly someone arrest these degenerate easterners
Oct 10, 2021 9:39 PM

Feb 2016
I really hope what people are saying is true and the ecchi begins to decrease. I don't hate it, but I think that having ecchi here is a big NO NO simply because horny ghost = ugly bastard and it will start to look like a hentai lmao

I loved this episode, the guy and the cat almost made me cry, it was so damn wholesome and I didn't expected it at all, 10/10 just for that, it was a truly beautiful and touching scene whit almost no need for dialog.

For me, this anime appeared out of nowhere, and is turning out to be great fun.
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Oct 10, 2021 9:42 PM

Dec 2015
miros said:
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:

God forbid a mere second of some weird angles , quickly someone arrest these degenerate easterners

What I don't get is that some manga readers here keep pretending this shit wasn't there, so stupid.
The only thing the anime kinda exaggerated was when they were changing their clothes, Hana wasn't in her underwear in the manga in that scene, the rest is basically the same.

Oct 10, 2021 9:47 PM

Jan 2016
Mokocchi_x3 said:
(note: this response is less about the episode itself and more about the various threads i've seen pop up about this episode)

i'm kinda scratching my head at the people saying that the fanservice was "not that bad" in this episode. literally the entire plot for 2/3 of the episode revolved around hana being molested. gratuitous shots of her changing in the locker room? the "i'm not wearing panties" and hand sanitizer wet shirt scene? and then the fucking nurse with the huge ass boobs getting molested?? let's not kid ourselves here - this was above and beyond the normal level of fanservice.

but really i think what my, and other people's disappointment, boils down to is this: this was never marketed as ecchi. i saw a lot of people say "it's not horror, it's comedy! you were expecting horror and that's why you're disappointed!" no. i WAS expecting comedy. i just thought that it was going to be more along the lines of mob psycho 100, where mieruko just has a poker face despite all of the weird shit going on around her. i was not expecting the comedy to revolve around boobs and asses.

and like, i'm not going to sit here and tell you that this show is bad and you should hate it. my disappointment should not impact your enjoyment. i'm just some asshole on the internet. but for god's sake i should at least be allowed to voice my opinion without a bunch of people jumping down my throat telling me that my disappointment with an anime is racist to japanese people (?????) like guys chill.

it's just anime

When your opinion was assiging a crime to the people who create/don't mind/likes a thing you dislike, like it happened here a last week, people are allowed to jump down your throat and with reason
mirosOct 10, 2021 9:59 PM
Oct 10, 2021 9:58 PM

Jan 2016
Tsukumo_Yuuma said:
miros said:

What I don't get is that some manga readers here keep pretending this shit wasn't there, so stupid.
The only thing the anime kinda exaggerated was when they were changing their clothes, Hana wasn't in her underwear in the manga in that scene, the rest is basically the same.

It's pretty simple they didn't read the damn manga

The author in the first couple of chapters was still finding himself and where to go with the story

You can see these type of scenes dial down if not straigh up disapear only after
were we finally start to have arcs in the manga
mirosOct 10, 2021 10:01 PM
Oct 10, 2021 10:14 PM

Feb 2014
Miko's judgement with the cat was the highlight of the episode. Never judge a book by its cover eh.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 10, 2021 10:19 PM

Jan 2020
The rating of this is way too high for what it is. It’s boring imo
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2021

260 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 4, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2021

147 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 3, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2021

126 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 2, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Syureria - Oct 31, 2021

144 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Mieruko-chan Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2021

246 by ReaperCreeper »»
May 1, 5:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.