Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jan 14, 2017 9:08 PM

Jun 2013
Hot damn, so far the adaptation is starting off strong. The only gripe I have is the random comedy bits they throw in. I hope those parts are toned down a lot more or just outright gone by the time Terra starts. Just doesn't feel right to me. Loved the scene where Kotarou's head exploded from information overload.

I can't believe they used Journey as the OP! That song was one of the first pieces of music I learned on the piano and felt proud of. The sheets I have are starting to show some wear and tear. Great memories.

I'm so hyped for the rest of this!
Jan 14, 2017 9:33 PM

May 2010
Koybz said:
Kitsu-nee said:
Vocal version of Daisy sounds great too, hopefully they will release full version soon!

The full version is actually from this arrange album, I hope they use more tracks from it as they're all beautiful.

Wow, I meant to listen to this album when it first came out, but somehow I completely forgot about its existence. Now I can catch up on it, thanks!
Jan 14, 2017 9:57 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I really like the OP with Kagari and Kotarou, soothing to hear imo.

Overall it was an entertaining start. So his hard work payed off and he was able to make Kagari smile at the end, after numerous failed attempts.
Seems like they are in another timeline, hopefully the coming episodes explain.

Jan 14, 2017 10:31 PM

Jan 2012
its mysterious... i like it!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jan 14, 2017 10:38 PM

Feb 2014
This season gonna hit me harder than RE:ZERO!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jan 15, 2017 12:32 AM

Sep 2015
You guys anime-only viewer are confused about the timeline of this episode? Well, me, who'd finished Rewrite 99% also not sure when this happened. Moon route was hazy for me, I only remember Terra and five girls' route.

But damn chihaya was so cute here!! I didn't remember she was this cute <3
Jan 15, 2017 1:04 AM

Jan 2015
aspaknyaa said:
You guys anime-only viewer are confused about the timeline of this episode? Well, me, who'd finished Rewrite 99% also not sure when this happened. Moon route was hazy for me, I only remember Terra and five girls' route.

But damn chihaya was so cute here!! I didn't remember she was this cute <3

I know right, she is the cutest girl ever :3 *Doki-doki*
Jan 15, 2017 2:53 AM

Dec 2012
So much better than the first season, I had more feels in one episode that in all the previous season. Very good start
Jan 15, 2017 4:59 AM

Feb 2014
I was admittedly confused at first, but I started to understand what was going on in this episode.

Seeing Kotarou dying over and over in his many attempts to approach Kagari was pretty brutal, but he eventually succeeded with three cups of coffee. His tears at the end after he finally succeeded was touching. =)

Another thing I noticed was the animation, which was noticeably better than the first season. The CG monster during his dream sequence looked decent, but compared to Hand Shakers, it looked excellent...

The OP dance sequence with Kotarou and Kagari was beautifully done though, but it was only for about 30 seconds long. Why couldn't have been 90 seconds long instead? T_T

Overall, this was a good start to season two and I'm sure the questions I have for this episode will be answered eventually as the season goes on. =)
Jan 15, 2017 5:57 AM
Jan 2016
Better animation, keeping close to the source material, and that opening?

I didn't hate S1, but hopes for S2 are very high after that.
Jan 15, 2017 6:33 AM

Oct 2012
Well, at the very least episode 1 seems to meet my expectations. It wasn't bad. There were a few nitpicky things that i didn't really care for, but besides that, honestly if they just stick to the source material, and pace it reasonably, it'll be a solid adaption.

tfw I think about the potential rating dissonance between the first and second seasons.
Jan 15, 2017 7:42 AM

Apr 2016
I liked it. I think this season will be better than season1. Looking forward to see next ep (1 week waiting...:( )

Jan 15, 2017 9:34 AM
Mar 2016

Man, after Kotarou did an "Edge of Tomorrow" kind of thing, he finally was able to get close to Kagari, but not before doing a lot of 'Live, Die, Repeat" with her, get it???LoL

Jan 15, 2017 9:42 AM

Mar 2013
Amazing episode. It was bit emotional at the end. Those deaths were brutal tho :c

I know tidbits of the things since I read spoilers during S1 but they're still confusing af.
Just a question tho-
FinalFlash18Jan 15, 2017 9:47 AM
Jan 15, 2017 9:56 AM

Feb 2014
FinalFlash18 said:
Amazing episode. It was bit emotional at the end. Those deaths were brutal tho :c

I know tidbits of the things since I read spoilers during S1 but they're still confusing af.
Just a question tho-

There are still a few more episodes to this Moon route, so your question might be answered depending on how they adapt it. I wont answer directly, but look at
Jan 15, 2017 10:27 AM

Mar 2013
Authoaria said:
FinalFlash18 said:

Just a question tho-

There are still a few more episodes to this Moon route, so your question might be answered depending on how they adapt it. I wont answer directly, but look at

Thanks, I'll just see how it goes. Hopefully for the good.
Jan 15, 2017 10:38 AM

Jan 2013
wow, this one episode was better than the entirety of season 1.
Some glimmer of hope has been restored. Just copy the VN exactly and maybe at least this season will be good.
Jan 15, 2017 10:56 AM

Nov 2016
Ah, I actually forgot to give my impressions on this episode... So, the first thing I want to say is FUCK YOU 8bit! Like, seriously, fuck you.
You go making a nice first episode of one of my favourite parts of Rewrite (aka Common) and then ruin the fucking rest.. Okay, got it but THEN you make a fucking nice first episode of my second favourite route in Rewrite overall (aka Moon) getting my hopes up and probably gonna drop them later... Uuuu, I can't believe I'm all hyped up for Rewrite second cour...
Welp, they showed bits of the other routes probably as some kinda gift for visual novel fans BUT they barely put in anything about my favourite route (aka Akane route) so I can't say I'm happy... Lucia's route at least got half of it adapated so it doesn't really matter... I sure hope they won't remove a certain line Kotarou says in Moon...
"Trying to win me over by using my favourite BGM for the OP like that? I suppose that's all an inferior anime studio could think of." pretty much sums up my reaction to the OP.
Also, my favourite scene in Moon was in this episode, the one where Kotarou hangs around town, I guess they did it fine. I was expecting them to do something like seeing memories of his past lives with each girl in each place he goes to but oh welp, it's fine as is.
Ugh, I hate to admit it but I loved this first episode... I guess I'll at least accept it as a nice birthday present, thanks, I guess? Uuuu... I can't wait for next episode...

« If you want to be yourself, then you must become strong and beautiful. »
- Vil Schoenheit
🕂Anime List🕂Manga List🕂VN List🕂
♥ Credits to Shuuka
Jan 15, 2017 1:04 PM

Feb 2013
That was fucking boring as hell.

Getting off this ride.
Jan 15, 2017 1:44 PM

Jun 2015
Lelouch0202 said:
Well that was quite something, It was interesting but as a person who has not played the VN this leaves me with quite a bit of questions.

So what exactly has happened to the world now? As I understood the previous seasons, the world was being rewritten into some kind of basic state. Here the world seems to be a post apocalyptic state.

There was that scene in the beginning with Kotori trying to shoot Kagari and then Shizuru crying as Koutarou was about to disappear or something. There's also all the flashbacks and memories Koutarou seems to recall of the group. I assume this points to different timelines where different events happen and he's somehow remembering all this in whichever timeline he's currently in or something. Also how exactly does he keep respawning like that? Why isn't Kagari able to talk? What is the thing that Kagari is researching on? Is it something like the 'World Lines' from Steins;Gate or something? Way too many questions man.
Would appreciate if someone could summarize how the current events came about unless of course it will be explained later.

Also Koutarou death scenes were quite brutal, I think if they had kept it that way instead of making it comedic in the middle, The final reunion would have been a lot more emotional.

Uhm, WITHOUT SPOILERS1 in the VN there are 5 routes. And they basically just summed that up. The endings of each, s1 was anime only.

So yeah they are different timelines.
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Jan 15, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2014
Redth_SA said:
Ah, I actually forgot to give my impressions on this episode... So, the first thing I want to say is FUCK YOU 8bit! Like, seriously, fuck you.
You go making a nice first episode of one of my favourite parts of Rewrite (aka Common) and then ruin the fucking rest.. Okay, got it but THEN you make a fucking nice first episode of my second favourite route in Rewrite overall (aka Moon) getting my hopes up and probably gonna drop them later... Uuuu, I can't believe I'm all hyped up for Rewrite second cour...
Welp, they showed bits of the other routes probably as some kinda gift for visual novel fans BUT they barely put in anything about my favourite route (aka Akane route) so I can't say I'm happy... Lucia's route at least got half of it adapated so it doesn't really matter... I sure hope they won't remove a certain line Kotarou says in Moon...
"Trying to win me over by using my favourite BGM for the OP like that? I suppose that's all an inferior anime studio could think of." pretty much sums up my reaction to the OP.
Also, my favourite scene in Moon was in this episode, the one where Kotarou hangs around town, I guess they did it fine. I was expecting them to do something like seeing memories of his past lives with each girl in each place he goes to but oh welp, it's fine as is.
Ugh, I hate to admit it but I loved this first episode... I guess I'll at least accept it as a nice birthday present, thanks, I guess? Uuuu... I can't wait for next episode...

I was actually surprised by how this first episode was adapted. I re-read through the moon route to see how they did yesterday, and read up to the part where Kotarou starts to cry. It was all adapted pretty well, I had completely forgot him crying in that part of the VN so I was actually surprised.

This gives me a bit of hope, since of Moon and Terra's linear story, so far they're doing it well. I'm still going to approach cautiously though, don't want to get hopes too high.

I'm curious on how they'll do next episode, considering that is when Kotarou does that special thing with his Rewrite ability, just wondering how they will visualize all of that. I'm most afraid of near the end to Moon, since it's just going to be a CG mess of ugliness.

Terra should be great, though! Hopefully...
Jan 15, 2017 2:22 PM

Jun 2013
i have no idea what the hell is happening but i like this more than the first season and that OP was simply amazing
Jan 15, 2017 3:44 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Ishkoten said:
Materialist said:

If I'm not wrong.. that's from HarvestFesta (Lucia x Kotarou x Akari)
Yep that's from Hervest Festa

Been almost 3 years, still waiting to playing Harvest Fiesta! Like, the now, official translation is sure taking its time...

On topic, it was cool introduction, lots of death scenes, I m glad they used ending scenes from some of the heroine routes, but it sucks they didnt use Lucia's, by obvious reasons, yes, but while seeing Lucia and her sis (want to play it soo badly), it would had been better if they used Lucia's scenes like the sunflower camp or the farewell on the sunflower field.

Nice to see Kagiri back, that development she got in S1 that made her so more adorable than in the VN, was some real nice context for Moon.

Getting ready for the feels trip.
Jan 15, 2017 5:52 PM

Mar 2009
I mean, this episode was funny and kind of decent, but...WHAT THE HELL.
Didn't they all become a tree at the end of S1, for some reason? Aren't Kotarou and Kagari friends? Why is it almost like she doesn't recognize him anymore? Why does she keep killing him? And why is he stuck in this weird world with her?

What the HELL is going on? Reset? Restart? I don't understand a damn thing.
Jan 15, 2017 5:57 PM

Jun 2013
Mormegil said:
Didn't they all become a tree at the end of S1, for some reason? Aren't Kotarou and Kagari friends? Why is it almost like she doesn't recognize him anymore? Why does she keep killing him? And why is he stuck in this weird world with her?

xD You'll understand pretty soon (Moon is really short, i would say it will be 3 episodes or 4 max)

But at this point should be very obvious that Kagari's research connects with the worldlines which Kotarou lived. Thats a hint to understand whats going on and what will happen in the next 2 episodes.
Jan 15, 2017 6:33 PM

Oct 2014
For something that has such a pacing, they leave out too much detail.
Hell, I've read the stuff and even I get confused at times in this episode.

But hey, at least it's not as much as a plot butchery as Season 1.
Revvie-chanJan 15, 2017 6:37 PM
Jan 15, 2017 8:50 PM

Jan 2015
Mormegil said:

S1 Kagari after being hit in the head (episode 8), isn't the VN Kagari anymore, it's anime original (some one can say she is the Kagari from another VN called Rewrite "Harvest Festa" but it have nothing to do here) because they tried to create a route for her in the anime. You should remember Kagari before episode 8 S1.
Jan 15, 2017 9:10 PM

Jun 2013
Arikado- said:
Mormegil said:

S1 Kagari after being hit in the head (episode 8), isn't the VN Kagari anymore, it's anime original (some one can say she is the Kagari from another VN called Rewrite "Harvest Festa" but it have nothing to do here) because they tried to create a route for her in the anime. You should remember Kagari before episode 8 S1.

You're only making things even more confusing for him. He's in the right of making these questions because

and he will know that soon at Moon's ending. Even if she didn't had that personality, she "should" remember Kotarou as well, but thanks to the information in the spoiler tag, she won't.

And yeah, the S1 episode 8> Kagari is from Harvest Festa branch, not anime original.
Jan 15, 2017 9:10 PM

Jan 2013
Well, i don't know what i've just seen but i feel extremely sad.
Basically, Kotarou can relive/dream his previous lives/routes?
And Kagari doesn't remember anything?
They will probably explain what happened in this episode a little later, maybe in the last episodes.
Now i want to see them all together, like in that cover pic.
Btw Kotarou had some nice relationships with the girls ;) ´

The theory of life. *_*

Amazing Gif, thanks @Eienatsu
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 15, 2017 9:12 PM

Jan 2013
Whoahoho said:

Man, after Kotarou did an "Edge of Tomorrow" kind of thing, he finally was able to get close to Kagari, but not before doing a lot of 'Live, Die, Repeat" with her, get it???LoL

Hahahaha you're actually right xD Maybe it's an anime adaptation that we are watching now?hahaha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 15, 2017 9:37 PM

Jan 2015
Murasa22 said:
Arikado- said:

You're only making things even more confusing for him. He's in the right of making these questions because

and he will know that soon at Moon's ending. Even if she didn't had that personality, she "should" remember Kotarou as well, but thanks to the information in the spoiler tag, she won't.

And yeah, the S1 episode 8> Kagari is from Harvest Festa branch, not anime original.

I'm talking about her personality/behavior, it's not Harvest festa adaptation, and this route was anime original (S1 ep 8). Get used to this Kagari is what I mean, if "Moon and Terra" will be adapted right.
Jan 16, 2017 1:44 AM

Dec 2013
Great first episode! Liked all of the random flashbacks to Kotarou's different lives.
Jan 16, 2017 6:15 AM

Dec 2014
My head hurts. Guess I'll have to be patient.
Jan 16, 2017 7:22 AM

Dec 2014
welll Why is it so much confusing already.... I hope it makes more sense
Jan 16, 2017 9:32 AM

Feb 2014
ibraheem234 said:
welll Why is it so much confusing already.... I hope it makes more sense

Oh, in the VN this route was a really confusing read, so it makes sense that you're confused at the moment. Everything should hopefully clear up within a few episodes as the Moon route ends.
Jan 16, 2017 9:43 AM

May 2011
My only gripe is that Lucia scene. There were a lot of better options
A Humble Pawn of the Hakuou Gakuin Seitokaichou, Hinagiku Katsura!
Jan 16, 2017 11:58 AM

May 2014
For a person who actually played VN this episode was not too bad, but for someone who hasn't....

Well, at the very least, it was very nostalgic to me. Especially OSTs
SpartehJan 16, 2017 12:08 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2017 2:38 PM

Dec 2009
WHY IS EVERYONE TALKING SO LOUDLY AND AWKWARD?

This is borderline incomprehensible... All these death scenes are completely dumb.

All i can say is that this was quite the mess of a first episode back. That end bit with the bond development was nice though.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 16, 2017 3:20 PM

Oct 2016
A very varied episode in terms of scenes, although to be honest I did not understand anything. Anyone who has played Visual Novel to explain?

Jan 16, 2017 3:25 PM

Jun 2013
MaximoHentaisama said:
A very varied episode in terms of scenes, although to be honest I did not understand anything. Anyone who has played Visual Novel to explain?

You will understand very soon, no need to explain anything beyond of what has being showed in this episode.

Just pay attention to Kagari's "research" and how it connects with Kotarou's past lives. It's not that hard to understand...
Jan 16, 2017 3:41 PM

Oct 2016
Thank you, I will pay close attention to all the anime ... everything

Jan 16, 2017 4:35 PM

Nov 2012
This is better than the first season but it still feels like something is missing. I don't know what it is, but it just doesn't feel as emotional as the VN. 4/5 for now, I suppose.
Jan 16, 2017 8:27 PM

Jul 2015
Well were off to an interesting start with this one. Seems like our MC has been reliving life constantly and we got a nice glimps of the various outcomes. The majority of which didn't exactly end well, while a few of them seemed to have pretty long happy endings. I look forward to seeing how things will go with this season.

Also, Kagari and her coffee are great. Coffee is the answer to everything.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Jan 16, 2017 8:37 PM
Jul 2016
Why do I feel like the kotori's speech first scene that some people are trashing here is more important than it appear ? There is not really many times where kotarou is as described by kotori from my memories. He is always running for boobs and coffee cheerfully from what I remember of S1... In the first ep.of season 1 when the journalist girl is looking for his past, he feels like uneasy if i remember...Shoud I do a link with the arm cutted and his resurection? The crying scene makes me wonder about how much I know him in the show: I dont even know why he is crying as he know the 5(6?) girls have loved him in other timelines ? I dont honnestly catch his character and his way of think... And still, what about his rewrite ability? And the Rewrite title( does it is about his power or all those timelines showed x.x? And why the fack the emo guy know about his power and the way to control it. I still have so many questions... This story telling is really weird. I am curious if we actually got hint about what is happening x.x, or if things are that messy cause of a shady and doubtfull writing...
Jan 16, 2017 9:14 PM

May 2015
I was pretty confused throughout most of the episode but I guess that's normal for anime-onlies like me. Despite that, this episode was rather interesting. I liked the mysterious atmosphere and the music worked very well. The pacing was also so much better than S1. I came in with pretty low expectations, but now I'm thinking this may end up not being all that bad after all!
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Jan 17, 2017 5:30 AM

Jul 2015
Eienatsu said:
FYI. Some fan translations translated "familiar" as "monster" in the opening scene with Kotori aiming the gun at Kotarou.

She is indeed referring to Kotarou as a familiar in case anyone missed that due to the poor translation. Hopefully the implications of this might clear up a few things.

I can't remember Season 1 talks at all anymore. Was Kotarou "situation" from Kotori route even explained in the anime? This misunderstanding should have been clarified long time ago for anime onlies.
Jan 17, 2017 12:50 PM
Dec 2010
ARubinsky said:
Eienatsu said:
FYI. Some fan translations translated "familiar" as "monster" in the opening scene with Kotori aiming the gun at Kotarou.

She is indeed referring to Kotarou as a familiar in case anyone missed that due to the poor translation. Hopefully the implications of this might clear up a few things.

I can't remember Season 1 talks at all anymore. Was Kotarou "situation" from Kotori route even explained in the anime? This misunderstanding should have been clarified long time ago for anime onlies.

Somewhat. But you have pretty much all the relevant info from that route now, with that animated ending scene included. In the anime route, Kotori said (to Kagari, because Kotarou was unconscious) that he was a familiar in the final scenes of ep 13, after fighting Esaka and before Salvation.

It was there, it was just rushed like most of season 1. But for that to pop up again as the very first thing we see in the Moon arc is a good thing - what Kotori said in that scene (which is a 1:1 from her route in the VN) is important to setting up what we'll see in this season.
Jan 17, 2017 2:03 PM

Aug 2014
I honestly expected nothing after the disastrous first season, but this episode actually makes me rather hyped. It looked pretty good, I just hope they don't mess up Moon/Terra now.

Also disappointed we didn't get Rewrite, but I guess it makes more sense to use it for Terra.
Jan 17, 2017 2:28 PM

Apr 2015
Holy fluffernutters! It was... good? I can't believe this! Am I in another timeline?
I mean, the art is still pure dog shit (even I can draw better than that!), but everything else was spot on. Color me fuckin' impressed! Waiting for the next one. Don't fuck this up again 8bit.
Jan 17, 2017 4:48 PM

Feb 2014
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Holy fluffernutters! It was... good? I can't believe this! Am I in another timeline?
I mean, the art is still pure dog shit (even I can draw better than that!), but everything else was spot on. Color me fuckin' impressed! Waiting for the next one. Don't fuck this up again 8bit.

You know they did something when Gotrys enjoyed it, way to go 8bit! Now let's see if they can continue this trend! I really hope they do. Please just keep a good adaptation going 8bit!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2017

115 by phantomic109 »»
Jun 19, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2017

201 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 30, 2022 2:35 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2017

110 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 6:10 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 28, 2017

154 by ka7eMARU »»
Nov 5, 2022 5:45 PM

Poll: » Rewrite 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2017

95 by Ashhk »»
Sep 1, 2021 5:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.