Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 30, 2009 8:35 PM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
:o
Char and Amuro didn't fight in this episode xD
But on the bright side, Amuro finally showed some skill! On the down side, I just didn't like that he had to go berserk in order to do so.

This is getting pretty good! ^_^
Mar 3, 2010 7:29 PM

May 2007
Man Amuro is cranky this episode. Hope that sleep at the end of the episode will help him get better.

Also, Char let his friend lose a battle so the people in charge of Zeon don't blame Char, funny.
My anime list
Mar 18, 2010 9:59 AM

Apr 2009
Amuro is one hell of a party pooper. As seen in my previous posts, I disliked Amuro from the very start.
The genius of this show is that Amuro is what you'd expect from a young snot-nosed punk (my opinion of him will probably change, I bet).
I'm unfamiliar with my history, but for a show for its time, this must be a semi-big ordeal.
Jul 27, 2010 4:01 PM

May 2008
Something is really wrong with Amuro seriously. He went crazy in fighting and then shutting himself up in his room. What a brat!
Still Char is getting more and more awsome~
Aug 13, 2010 1:07 PM

Feb 2008
"I can't stand taking orders from a woman!"

Lol'd at this, Amuro says back to kitchen women
Nice
check this rad twitter out: http://twitter.com/fuckyeah_anime
Oct 3, 2010 10:37 AM

Aug 2009
Char is teh awesome!
Dec 8, 2010 8:46 PM

Sep 2009
I liked the "fanservice for the ladies."

I totally wasn't expecting a naked Char.
Feb 15, 2011 2:21 PM

Jun 2009
Yeah, Amuro saying he doesn't like taking orders from a woman really grated on my nerves. The dude isn't likable in the least, but I think that's the point. It seems all the killing is getting to him as well, which is something that should be touched on in a war series imo.

Char, however, is awesome.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 27, 2011 2:08 PM

Sep 2008
this ep was badass! and unlike everyone else, I'm actually rooting for amuro atm and I prefer him over char. Yeah, and light-sabers can be really addictive :P
The fighting's getting to Amuros nerves now; it seems he is aware of the fact that its human lives he is taking. Not an easy thing to do for a teenager I guess
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
May 17, 2011 8:54 PM

May 2010
I almost fell alseep on this episode again. I am about to drop this...
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 18, 2011 12:46 PM

Jan 2008
Confucius said:

It's a classic show, you're not allowed to drop it. You'll miss out on Char, an episode featuring an epic slap of the likes you've never seen, and also Zeta Gundam which follows on from this series.

So there.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
May 18, 2011 1:01 PM

Jun 2009
Beatnik said:
Confucius said:

It's a classic show, you're not allowed to drop it. You'll miss out on Char, an episode featuring an epic slap of the likes you've never seen, and also Zeta Gundam which follows on from this series.

So there.

Or you could just watch the movies...
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 22, 2011 11:33 AM

May 2010
Does this get any faster? Like who is that girl in the cover? I can't even find her in the character list. The plot picks up right?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 29, 2011 1:36 AM

Sep 2009
Confucius said:
Does this get any faster? Like who is that girl in the cover? I can't even find her in the character list. The plot picks up right?

It does.
It takes a little chugging to get going in some moments.

If your having trouble with it, I recommend just hitting it up every so often. Give it breaks until it starts drawing you in.
Jun 21, 2011 12:46 PM

Dec 2008
I'm not very fond of Amuro either but can't blame him for shutting himself on his room instead of partying. What I don't understand is why he made that comment "I can't stand taking orders from a woman." especially since that order came from Sayla, one of the strongest characters of the series so far.
Oct 19, 2011 3:19 AM

Jan 2011
Sayla is beginning to become my favorite character of the series. I sense a slap coming to Amura soon.
Nov 26, 2011 10:29 AM
May 2011
Ahh we get a glimpse of shonen rage in 1979. It's funny how I feel Amuro going berserk was the first thing so far that has finally drawn me into this series--I actually care somewhat about what happens now.

Amuro was bent up over going nuts and killing people, right? I didn't miss anything else there?
Feb 12, 2012 10:29 PM

May 2009
So the only way Amuro managed to pique my interest is by being a misogynistic pig. Is it any wonder that Char is a gazillion times more popular?
Mar 29, 2012 10:00 PM
May 2011
I'm watching the dub, and Amuro never mentioned not wanting to take orders from a woman, so I think they took it out unless I really just missed it. If I'm right, I'm pretty sure of the spot he said it - he had just gotten in the Gundam and complained about how his superiors rushed him to get in the Gundam, then told him to wait.
Aug 30, 2012 1:08 PM
Jul 2011
Lol at the shower scene.
Dec 21, 2012 7:32 PM

Jun 2009
You know, watching this again I think I came up with why Amuro said that about taking orders from a woman. I think it was just a sort of foreshadowing of how frustrated he's getting and so he started throwing insults a Sayla who was "nearest" person to him...or maybe he's just sexist. Don't know.

I definitely did like how he seems to be effected by the killing and I like how understated it was. Also, Char be suspicious.

- Geralt of Rivia
May 9, 2013 9:37 AM

Apr 2009
Athena said:
So the only way Amuro managed to pique my interest is by being a misogynistic pig. Is it any wonder that Char is a gazillion times more popular?

Nope, none at all :P (Wonder, I mean)
Also, the shower scene was a bit homoerotic, or maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me xP
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 22, 2013 8:21 PM

Apr 2011
Cenedess said:
Athena said:

Nope, none at all :P (Wonder, I mean)
Also, the shower scene was a bit homoerotic, or maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me xP

Actually I'm not quite understanding it. Don't get me wrong I like Char, but I like Amuro as well. Let's look at Char's character. Char is arrogant (something his friend even brings out). Char let's his friend lose a battle to make himself look better. He is also a high ranking officer in an army that wiped out an entire continent. Char is not a big ball of honor. He's just more talented/refined than our young (I repeat YOUNG) hero.

On a different note, the Gundam is starting to look like the god of the battlefield. Hopefully Zeon forces do a better job of standing up to it next episode. They probably will sice Char's gonna help.
Jul 2, 2013 6:34 PM

Sep 2008
Amuro you pig. At least episode had Char fanservice for ladies watching the show. Char is more awesome than Amuro.
Jan 8, 2014 12:35 AM
Aug 2011
Amuro needs to have his ass handed to him thoroughly for that 'not liking to take orders from a woman' bit, what a clown.

Dat shower service though.
Feb 24, 2014 10:13 AM

Mar 2013
lol Amuro went all berserk with his beam sable and scared an entire army away hahah.
Mar 17, 2014 5:33 PM

Sep 2011
i just had to say lol at amuro saying "I hate taking orders from a woman", yah you can tell this is from 1970's japan

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 23, 2014 1:35 AM

Apr 2013
insan3Spectre said:
Yeah, Amuro saying he doesn't like taking orders from a woman really grated on my nerves. The dude isn't likable in the least, but I think that's the point. It seems all the killing is getting to him as well, which is something that should be touched on in a war series imo.

Char, however, is awesome.

I agree. I'm not liking Amuro at all and that quote just made him seem worse especially since Sayla is one of the more capable persons on the ship.

Him being a dick and shrugging everybody off when he got back seems understandable if the reason for it is all the killing he has had to do.
May 27, 2014 10:35 PM

Jul 2009
Another amazing episode :)

I'm actually surprise on how Amuro always complains whenever someone orders him. I guess he is just a kid after all :P

It's great to see how Amuro get's a drink before the next battle. It makes it more realistic.

Char always planning ahead if Garma fails :P

Well in EG subs, he says he doesn't like to ask for women on how to fight in battle.

Amuro went berserk!!! This is probably where seed mode came from huh? :D

I lol'd when he keep hitting the ground when the enemy was already destroyed or when he charged at the enemies while waving his saber like that XD

What's even more funny is he just owned everyone, then just went to his room like nothing happened!!

That Char shower scene!!!!

Can't wait for the next episode!!
Oct 31, 2014 4:55 PM

Jul 2011
Cool episode, enjoying this more than Gundam 00 and Gundam wing combined. It's nice to watch in my opinion, and I already like most the characters. I'm watching the dub too, so the lady comment was never made, just a comment about how he's upset that they told him to hurry up than made him wait. Which seems like a fair comment to make. Due to this, and him not being sexist in the english dub, I don't really have a problem with Amuro, I kind of like him. He's just tired, so I understand him being a bit cranky. I get that way when I'm tired too. Maybe Amuro needs a snickers. Char coming out of that shower damn. That glint in his eye must be him getting ready to yaoi all over Garma.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2014 3:39 PM

Mar 2014
I shook my head at the "can't stand taking orders from a woman" line, but that action scene in the second half was super cool, which made up for it.

Anyway, Amuro is a kid, so it makes sense that he'd be a bit immature like that... even going so far as to ignore everyone after the battle and just go to sleep.

Seems like they're painting him this way to have him develop and grow over the course of the series, but I guess we'll see.
::End of Transmission::

Mar 2, 2015 8:05 PM

Nov 2011
The subs I've got translated it "I can't ask a woman how we should fight."

I don't know if that's a better translation or not, but it sounds less sexist to me, in that he was considering asking her. I don't like his reasons for not doing so, but since he wasn't even considering asking for advice from someone else, it doesn't seem quite as bad.

You can tell the stress is getting to him. He freaked out a bit in battle, then acted all sour once he got back to base. Given his age, such a reaction is understandable, if annoying and perhaps inappropriate. It's hard to judge given how many people he's having to kill.

Char was probably being vague about the Gundam's potential ("Zeon Cross material") on purpose. He's a sly one, letting Garma suffer a loss to demonstrate that his (Char's) losses weren't due to poor command or strategy.
Sep 13, 2015 10:51 AM

Jun 2009
Both Char and Garma are smart fellas, dat politicking. One of the reasons (probably) Char brought White Base to Garma's territory is to prove that it wasn't his skill as a commander that lost him the battles against White Base. Char also planned to save Garma in battle but Garma most likely saw through it and decided not to pilot a Zaku. Clever lads.
Nov 16, 2015 5:53 AM

Jul 2013
Geez Amuro. What a sexist piece of shit you turned out to be.
Dec 10, 2015 2:43 PM
Nov 2015
I've started this after finishing Macoss. The only other Gundam I've seen start to finish is Turn A. So far I'm thoroughly enjoying this. There's tons of action which isn't always my favorite but the action is actually well plotted and execute so I'm digging that more than I expected to.

I'm in the like both Amuro and Char camp. I think it's a good main cast this show has, though that little blond kid is annoying as heck.
Dec 14, 2015 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
The same steps seen SEED, you can also see here, except for minor differences, but most of the events are almost indentical, but more that events are what we do not see more to tickle my curiosity, Char will show more and more facets of his character and something of Amuro began to look at, great!
Mar 15, 2016 4:12 AM

Feb 2013
People getting butthurt over the sexist line, but praising the shower scene, this site is a filthy feminazi's den.
May 18, 2016 4:32 AM

Jul 2008
The dub must have taken out that sexist comment.

Aside from that, I can understand why Amuro was a bit of a dick. He's freaking exhausted. He just went through that atmosphere battle, then out in the Guntank, and then rushed back to fight in the Gundam.

Give him a break.

Char is still more awesome, but Amuro was not bad in this one.
Jul 8, 2016 1:22 PM

May 2012
Decent episode and development! Let's see what happens next.
Aug 27, 2016 12:06 PM

Feb 2012
It's nice to see the battles getting larger in scale.

Amuro Ray Kill Count:
3 Zakus this episode
11 kills total.
Jan 18, 2017 8:16 PM
Jul 2015
I appreciate the developments we're seeing in Amuro. I think it's pretty logical considering what he's been through so far.
Apr 5, 2017 3:27 PM

May 2015
It seems as though the war has started to take its toll on Amuro's psyche, and I can see why. Looking forward to see how he matures as a character during the course of the rest of the show.

I'd kinda like to see him ending up with Seyla :3
May 26, 2017 6:38 PM

Oct 2012
That sweet roll Amuro did in the Gundam before going into a beserker mode so extreme to require an emo nap.
Jul 25, 2017 6:10 AM

Jul 2016
I to am watching the dub and did not hear the "can't stand taking orders from a woman"line. But seriously guys, calm down. You also have to put this into context that this was in the late 70's and women were hardly put in positions to give orders to other men. Honestly, I bet if women heard this line, they would not be getting as antsy as the males on here are.
Aug 7, 2017 4:32 PM
Jul 2017
Psycho_Shin_Ken said:
People getting butthurt over the sexist line, but praising the shower scene, this site is a filthy feminazi's den.

Yes. Also, Char is fighting on the side that dropped a colony on earth, "he's so likeable. F that Amuro sexist guy."

Anyway, looks like we witnessed newtype savagery from Amuro. Pretty cool. He's a kid still, who went from building toys a few days prior to killing people. Let the dude sleep.
Nov 27, 2017 9:03 AM

Nov 2017
i really appreciate how the show is becoming nuanced and complex in regards to war. Amuro seems, understandably, shaken.
Mar 13, 2018 1:02 PM

Nov 2016
I'm really interested to see how things between Char and Garma develop.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 23, 2018 8:16 PM

Jun 2014
So now, we got this pretty boy Garma in the picture, who seems to be Char's best buddy.

Amuro went full retard in the suit this time around, and didn't even greet his friends afterwards. I hope he fixes that attitude.

Mar 5, 2019 5:20 PM

Feb 2017
Those shots of Amuro when he went into his melee rage looked so cool.
Sep 19, 2019 12:10 PM

Mar 2017
Amuro going berserk with that light saber. lol

And Char looking like a straight up boss with that glint in his eye xD

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beatnik - Mar 28, 2008

66 by Tivrusky444 »»
Jun 2, 3:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Apr 30, 2009

55 by Tivrusky444 »»
May 18, 12:36 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Beatnik - May 27, 2008

119 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 16, 8:47 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 42 Discussion

Pheefa - Jul 25, 2010

43 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 16, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Arcanus - Jul 4, 2009

56 by CartoonVelocirap »»
May 16, 7:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.