Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 16, 2013 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Hachiman's sister is soo energetic.

The episode felt relaxing to me. Outdoor trip ^^

Mm, episode also made me hungry somewhat. Oh I didn't know that their teacher smokes. The talk at night between Yukino and Hachiman was pleasant I guess.
KinetaJun 26, 2013 10:40 AM
May 16, 2013 2:25 PM

Nov 2007
Yandere teacher... (same as the preview) and wow, she also contacted his sister!

Volunteering for a field trip staff. There's also an elementary girl who's like the weird girl. Social vs. Antisocial groups has different ideas. (Is that fujoshi/megane girl new to this ep.?)
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 16, 2013 3:29 PM

Apr 2011
No she were in ep 4 before
Tenzen12May 16, 2013 11:07 PM
May 16, 2013 4:15 PM
Dec 2012
LOL@the mail. Like Hikki said, it seems she really likes him. I expect their relation to develop. And lol@the bedroom scene!

Another enjoyable episode. It was deep, meaningful and thought-provoking for a romcom show. Like Hataraku Maou, this series made a difference in a romcom genre.

Stark700 said:
Oh I didn't know that their teacher smokes.

Yeah, it's kinda rare to see smoking scenes in today's anime.
eminagnamMay 16, 2013 4:46 PM
May 16, 2013 11:27 PM

Aug 2011
eminagnam said:
Stark700 said:
Oh I didn't know that their teacher smokes.

Yeah, it's kinda rare to see smoking scenes in today's anime.
She was shown smoking 1-2 episodes ago I believe.

Field trips are always fun. So are all conversations in this show.
I especially liked the one between Yukino and Hachiman towards the end. It had a nice atmosphere to it.
RaisinMuffinsMay 17, 2013 6:29 AM
May 17, 2013 2:22 AM

Sep 2012
Some of the sakuga looks really subpar (and obviously so):

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
May 17, 2013 2:30 AM

Dec 2012
There is no subbed version ? kinda odd it usually never gets delayed.
May 17, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2011
Another great episode. I really like the interactions Hachiman has with Yukino and Rumi since they're all 'loners'. Lmao Yukino called Hachiman Hikifroggaya which happened to be his elementary school nickname. xD Oh wow, so Hayama and Yukino are somewhat childhood/family 'friends' which explains why Yukino kept looking at Hayama.

Lmao @ Saika dreaming about Hachiman in his sleep. I really like how Yukino, Rumi and Hachiman were the only ones that went outside at night while everyone else was sleeping; loners think alike. :) Also, I lol'd so hard when Hachiman imagined a loli in a plate of curry.

tsudecimo said:
There is no subbed version ? kinda odd it usually never gets delayed.

Commie's release came out less than an hour ago.
May 17, 2013 3:44 AM

Oct 2010
Enjoyed every min. Damn. now I have to wait another week D:
May 17, 2013 4:01 AM
Mar 2013
wasn't there a cliffhanger at the end of the sixth episode? Hachiman looking at Yukino's notebook?

Anyway another good episode.
May 17, 2013 4:15 AM
Apr 2013
Nice episode with some nice character development.

Is it bad I never want this anime to end? :D
May 17, 2013 4:42 AM

Jun 2011
Yep being a loner is not really a bad thing unless you were forced to.

Rumi is probably just like Yukino when she was younger - that's probably why she feels compelled to help her out, so that Rumi doesn't end up like her.

Anyway, popular and socially adept people never understand how loners think - they always assume that everyone wants to be like them.
Meanwhile those further down the social hierarchy can understand how those above them think.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru does not feel like a RomCom, but more slice of life if anything - the life of misfits (Hachiman).
May 17, 2013 4:49 AM

Feb 2013
Niec episode, 2nd part was great, but there are more questions now, the book was not explained and that scene at end of the episode, what did Yukino mean.

Hopefully 8man takes care of Rumi problems without those jackasses and yeah, I seriously hate that "sparkle" guy now. He doesn't even know what the hell he's doing, but still he bugs people who he doesn't understand
May 17, 2013 4:52 AM

Aug 2010
Lolicurry, my favorite!

Rumi totally looks like a loli!Yukinon to me.
Also, I think hikki (maybe with yukinon's help) will save the day next episode.

Btw, ultimate test for your manliness: Sleep next to a cute gir...DAGA OTOKO DA! >.< I can understand hikki
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
May 17, 2013 5:10 AM

Jan 2011
This show really starts to pick up pace, great. Supports relevant left and right, also some drama and plot in the mix. Score up to 9/10 after this episode.
May 17, 2013 5:48 AM

Dec 2012
@ AlexGK
A Baldur's Gate - Fan? That's great :)

If this a 12 episode anime they're kind of late with the drama elements I guess, but Mal does not seem to know how long this anime is gonna be..
But nonetheless it was a great episode..!
May 17, 2013 5:59 AM
Nov 2012
well i kinda follow and love this anime becuz im abit of a loner myself.. it amaze me how they are talking so smoothly and can mock eachother in ways i've never imagined..
i'd wish i had some of it when im watching those moments.. cuz i can barely speak to any1.
when i speak to people my brain tends to go fuzzy because i usually want to think before i speak, and i end up saying something messed up..
but i'd wish i could keep cool in conversations like these guys! yokino and haki is awesome characters :p
May 17, 2013 6:17 AM

Apr 2010
Well the teacher has some issues but to call her a yandere would be going a bit far she is obsessive with her texting tho.
But that's not something that's unique there a lot of people that got overly attached to someone and it doesn't necessarily have to be someone they have romantic interest in.
I do have to say tho that dating the teacher seems a bit less attractive now tho there are probably people who like that kind of thing.

The rest of the episode was a bit meagre was nice that they are willing to help that girl tho.
May 17, 2013 6:52 AM

Oct 2012
This time we got to be continued episode. And next time evening trip to the wood, can't wait.

lol at Totsuka sleeping :))

And Ebina - typical yaoi-fangirl :D

Anyway, this antisocial little girl is great way how to mirror this situation main characters are in. I liked this ep.
Mich666May 17, 2013 7:05 AM
May 17, 2013 7:35 AM

Jun 2012
Hikky is confirmed to be in love with Totsuka! He should just go for that end and I think everyone would turn out alright : P

Hiratsuka-sensei really does remind me of one of my old teachers in highschool.... Single in her 30s, most likely manipulative, attractive

Nice play there Hayama but I do agree with what Hina said, hobbies are a pretty easy way to make friends.

Hikky's internal reactions are a highlight of the show whether it's to his imouto or Yukinon at the end of the episode
May 17, 2013 8:39 AM
Jan 2013
Enjoyable episode, The Loli joke was unacceptable even if it was a misunderstanding. Totsuka WHY MAN WHY? THIS IS KILLING ME KNOWING UR A GUY ;-;
That girl seems interesting can't wait to see more of her.
Looks like that Popular BITCH doesn't have much of an outer shell in 30 minutes she cracked and began to crack. LOOKS LIKE HACHIMAN NOW HAS A EDGE ON HER!
4/5
kitkatxzMay 17, 2013 12:19 PM
May 17, 2013 8:42 AM
Feb 2013
When i saw Totsuka sleeping, I questioned myself again if i'm really a guy.
May 17, 2013 8:46 AM

Jul 2012
Relaxing episode ^^, enjoyed it.
May 17, 2013 9:01 AM

Jan 2012
rumi and yukino kinda looks alike @@
or its just tired-me? xD
. . .
craving for a loli curry :3
May 17, 2013 9:02 AM

Jan 2011
Flagli said:
@ AlexGK
A Baldur's Gate - Fan? That's great :)

Yea, big one :)

Ontopic: The more I watch this MC the more I like him. Being able to not give a single fuck for anything, how awesome is that?
May 17, 2013 9:15 AM

Apr 2013
When Totsuka was sleeping and was like "Hachi..man" and I saw the reaction of Hikigaya, you could say the lolling would be a understatement. That scene was just perfect.
Yahari <3
May 17, 2013 9:44 AM

Apr 2012
Very good pace imo.
LOl at hachiman
s excuse for not picking up mail(same way i do)
Yandere teacher too, thats why she isn't married yet lol
SAIKA! mygosh! are you even dreaming of hachiman!?? why! >< !
Good talk at the end with hachiman and yukinoshita.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
May 17, 2013 9:56 AM

Apr 2013
NanoNano said:
Yep being a loner is not really a bad thing unless you were forced to.

Rumi is probably just like Yukino when she was younger - that's probably why she feels compelled to help her out, so that Rumi doesn't end up like her.

Anyway, popular and socially adept people never understand how loners think - they always assume that everyone wants to be like them.
Meanwhile those further down the social hierarchy can understand how those above them think.

Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru does not feel like a RomCom, but more slice of life if anything - the life of misfits (Hachiman).

took the words right off my mouth...

I wonder why it's rated lowly by most people... almost all of the elements of having a lone wolf life are presented and it's not particularly lacking in any aspect :/

story is nice...
pacing and direction works well...
don't have any big issues with the animation (except at some parts where it's somewhat subpar)
the music is quite catchy...
and it's absolutely not "...JUST ANOTHER *BLA BLA BLA*" like other people are talking

perhaps it just matters on personal taste... but as for me I really like it
(or maybe I'm missing something -_- )
let's see how it will all play out
...if you're going to say what you want to say, you're going to hear what you don't want to hear...
May 17, 2013 10:01 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Down with the overall grade to the bet because you can not see today some horrors, even in the poorest productions certain standards are required, here we have really bad drawings and animations are not up to an anime that perhaps redeem little success, but save does not mean so much. However, the rest is fabulous, even using elements seen recently in other securities the plot manages to become one this animated series! Only thing I do not see very often is the teacher who smokes, the teacher, however, already smoked in the first episodes!

Oh well I give him a vow that I would have wanted to give him or 5/5.
May 17, 2013 10:02 AM

Nov 2011
i was so into this episode....that right before i knew it...it ended
Hate Keeps me warm
May 17, 2013 10:14 AM

Jan 2013
Mich666 said:
This time we got to be continued episode. And next time evening trip to the wood, can't wait.

lol at Totsuka sleeping :))

I dont blame hachiman
with a trap like that I wouldnt be able too sleep peacefully either, especially when he calls out your name while sleeping haha
destonyDbabyMay 17, 2013 10:17 AM

May 17, 2013 10:16 AM

Feb 2009
Hybridbloodszak said:
Hikky is confirmed to be in love with Totsuka! He should just go for that end and I think everyone would turn out alright : P

Oh really? Where?

The teacher certainly picked my interest in this episode. I don't want Hachiman to change I mean he's totally fine the way he is.
May 17, 2013 10:43 AM

Jan 2013
Great episode 5/5
May 17, 2013 10:43 AM

May 2013
good episode. totsuka sleeping while calling out hachiman's name was funny.
May 17, 2013 11:00 AM

Apr 2013
Another great episode. seems like yukino hasnt said everything about her and hayato im sure. well need to wait a week now
May 17, 2013 11:33 AM

Apr 2013
dat teacher wants the D

good episode once again, this show is slowly becoming one of my favorite of the season.
May 17, 2013 11:58 AM
Jan 2013
You've got mail!You've got mail!You've got mail!You've got mail!You've got mail!
You're actually reading this, aren't you?
You're reading this, right?
Pls respond

^lol <3 that teacher
May 17, 2013 12:04 PM

Jul 2010
Lol at all the popular kids that think they understand loners, while they actually know shit.Oh well.
This show is really brilliant, brings up alot of good arguments and coversations, my rating for it goes up again, and Hachiman might soon land in my fav characters +
Agony said:
When i saw Totsuka sleeping, I questioned myself again if i'm really a guy.

I know right.
May 17, 2013 12:15 PM

Jun 2009
The little girl has a potential to be a female version Hiki.
May 17, 2013 12:25 PM

Mar 2012
I actually thought the popular girl was right, Yukino was being a bitch.
Let's go bowling.
May 17, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 2012
It's getting better and better fuck it I am gonna pump it to 9/10.
May 17, 2013 2:06 PM

Feb 2012
Indeed, the show progresses greatly, I like it a lot more than I did at the beginning. Really glad I picked it up.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
May 17, 2013 2:11 PM

Jun 2010
I bet this problem will be all over when Hikigaya speaks up!

Lol at Yukino making Yumiko cry. It's really hard to determine who's right or wrong here.

I kinda pity all the characters with their misfortune. Except Hachiman that is. Cuz he's the big baws. I hope he man up and do something about this already.

Anyways, great episode. I thought it was a bit rushed. Also it was kinda obvious in this episode that this series deserves more budget. Oh well...
May 17, 2013 2:18 PM

May 2013
Hachiman is definitely my favorite character this season !

It's a great episode and I was lol'd all the time. At that phone scene and that scene with totsuka too lol.

And yeah sadly there was no explanation about the last scene on episode 6. Hope they will explain it somehow later.
May 17, 2013 2:34 PM

Feb 2013
him thinking about the situations is so funny lol
May 17, 2013 2:43 PM

Apr 2013
lol @ the teacher's messages and when she separated the boys from the girls because of her past. She's awesome.
We also need more of that trap. Hachiman's reactions are just hilarious.
Relaxing episode. Not much happened but we got a nice bit of character development. Loving this.
May 17, 2013 2:51 PM

Oct 2012
Another good episode. Loving this series so far, definitely not your generic rom-com.
May 17, 2013 3:03 PM

Oct 2011
Yukinon helping Rumi because I believe she went through the same exact thing.
I also see a similar situation with Hachiman and Rumi too.

Wow the different views on how to help Rumi was interesting. The volunteer club has a better chance at helping her then other group.
May 17, 2013 3:06 PM

Aug 2011
lol Saika

Hikigaya proves to be the ultimate role model once again.
May 17, 2013 3:19 PM

Jun 2012
Lol those txt messages and his sister tricking him into going with the group. Another great episode, the conversation at the end was pretty good too. It seems they will be helping that girl in the next episode.

5/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Whats your fav character/s and why

NunoTheDudeYT - Aug 11

42 by LadyBrown »»
Sep 20, 12:05 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

565 by Spookanimes »»
Sep 5, 5:25 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

303 by Spookanimes »»
Sep 5, 2:40 AM

Poll: » Is the animation and artstyle of season 1 better than the other two seasons according to you?

G_Shan10 - Sep 7, 2021

32 by Chigi404 »»
Sep 2, 1:23 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2013

262 by Itachiunderwater »»
Aug 26, 7:29 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.