Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 4, 2013 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, just finished watching this and thought episode was a fun watch. The main male protagonist has this weird look on his face a lot of the time. The OP song was bittersweet. The sensei is epic though. Badass:

I was looking forward to more characters being introduced but otherwise, it started out fine. Yukinoshita is definitely a cool girl in my book.
KinetaJun 26, 2013 10:40 AM
Apr 4, 2013 10:10 AM
Dec 2012
I felt deja vu perhaps b/c I had watched similar anime. Would be nice if it turned out a silly version of Hyouka if not surpassed. I've been looking for new anime similar to Hyouka.
Apr 4, 2013 1:20 PM

Mar 2012
haha pretty awesome. I was like connecting with the protagonist the whole time. cool dude
Apr 4, 2013 5:14 PM

Nov 2007
Volunteer club with members with no friend. Both OP and ED are interesting.

Interesting short: Ore ga Iru (really not relating to the title).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 4, 2013 6:22 PM

Mar 2012
The first episode is relatively unimpressive, with semi-likable characters and a semi-likable setting. For whatever reason I think it may end up like Hyouka -- decent all the way but never taking off anywhere. Hopefully the plot will pick up soon.
Apr 4, 2013 6:29 PM

Nov 2008
The first episode did nothing for me. The characters were unlikeable, the pacing dull, and the plot derivative. I'm bailing....
Apr 4, 2013 9:10 PM

Aug 2012
from the promotional vids i was expecting the art to be a little similar to haganai...

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Apr 4, 2013 10:45 PM

Mar 2013
All around good anime i like hachiman alot very interested how the story will continue
Apr 4, 2013 10:49 PM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:
Interesting short: Ore ga Iru (really not relating to the title).
The words and their order are still drawn from the long title though. In fact the author wrote in his blog how happy he is with this short name and what it says about the theme of the story.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 4, 2013 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
The back and forth they have at first was pretty amusing actually as well as his pessimistic inner dialogue. Cute episode. Gonna stick around for more.
OP and ED were nice too.
Apr 4, 2013 11:42 PM

Dec 2011
I wasn't bored at all! Can't wait to see more of this series!!!

Yui seems to have feelings for Hikigaya after all.
Love Yukino too, can't wait to see her show her dere side... but now it is all kuu.

I love all of their bickering, no holds barred! No matter how vulgar it can sound.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 4, 2013 11:44 PM

Nov 2012
Oh yeah, really enjoyed it, enjoying the insults and debates.

Apr 4, 2013 11:46 PM

Jun 2012
Hydnlife said:
will be watching this since the 2 main are so blunt and do not give 2 shit, which is gonna make this a fun watch.

yeah i think i'll keep it up for that. aside from that it seems kinda like Boku Wa Tomodachi. 2 people who obviously don't have any friends are the only members in the club. next yuigahamal wil probably join and well... she has friends but none she can get serious with (=almost no friends). and acccording to the title and the chocolate heart i'd assume that yuigahama either loves or will love the mc. it will end up with 1-2 more girls joining the club and we'll have some comedy/harem stuff and in the end we either have a ending with almost no love/cliffhanger or yukinoshita x mc.
god, i hope i'm not actually right and this anime suprises me T.T
Apr 4, 2013 11:54 PM

Dec 2011
ZeroAkito said:

god, i hope i'm not actually right and this anime suprises me T.T

haha me too.
Apr 5, 2013 12:01 AM

Dec 2012
Hmm.. 1st episode.. okay not lively but i'll continue to watch

Apr 5, 2013 12:06 AM

Apr 2009
That was significantly poorer than I thought it'd be, and I didn't really have high expectations. The art style is horrid as well.

I guess I'll keep watching for a couple more episodes though.
Apr 5, 2013 12:11 AM

Apr 2013
ZeroAkito said:
... it will end up with 1-2 more girls joining the club and we'll have some comedy/harem stuff...

It won't be.

Anyway it felt rushed from the episode, not to mention they skipped many minor details but i guess that's what happens when you have read the novels. Nonetheless I still like it and i just hope that they adapt it truthfully.
Apr 5, 2013 12:24 AM

May 2012
not quite a harem
more like a love triangle.
save all the cute girls from ntr manga
Apr 5, 2013 12:31 AM

Dec 2010
I think this show pulls of the "no friends" thing a lot better than haganai does, but then again haganai was about harem hijinks most of the time anyway.

Will keep watching.
Apr 5, 2013 12:33 AM

Sep 2012
So Kon returned from the Ixion world and came back to school as Hachiban, nice !!

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Apr 5, 2013 12:38 AM
Sep 2011
Glad to see how Hiki gets scolded for writing that stuff which his teacher rightfully denotes as shallow.
He's right that there's something he and Yuki have in common: Both of them try to hide their insecurities and fears behind pretensions and self-righteousness. They do make some good points though especially when they gave advices to Yui, as a result they come across as flawed but relatable.
Apr 5, 2013 12:49 AM

May 2012
The main character looks like Koyomi Araragi on a bad day! XD Anyway, pretty good first episode in my opinion. The character dialogue and clashes between differing philosophies and beliefs on life are what really sold this show for me. It will all probably end up as some hysterically melodramatic love triangle, but I still think it will be plenty of fun to see play out. Looks like another good pick up from this season for me!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 5, 2013 12:55 AM

Sep 2012
My most favorite dialogue:

Hachiman: You don't have friends, do you?

Yukino: First we need to define from where to where we can call it friend..

Hachiman: Stop. This can only come from a person who has no friend. Source is myself.
(the last part is a common slang used in internet forum in Japan)
symbvApr 5, 2013 1:19 AM

Apr 5, 2013 1:01 AM

May 2008
Lol the girl's first names are included into their last names, which i thought was pretty funny . Loving this show so far . Would prefer if they showed something else happening as well instead of them always being in the same place.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 5, 2013 1:03 AM

Apr 2013
Not sure what the whole series is trying to accomplish here.
Another show that feels like episode 1 is the end of it.

Will bare with this for 2 more episodes.

eminagnam said:
I felt deja vu perhaps b/c I had watched similar anime.

I got this feeling as well.
Apr 5, 2013 1:03 AM

Jul 2011
The show seems very trite, but also very atypical. Brains Base seems to be going for a more serious mood than a constant happy one. If you compare it to a series like Haganai, where comedy is rampant, and drama/romance play auxiliary roles during one or two select episodes out of the season, you notice the difference. It should be interesting to see how this series progresses; content-wise, it could be said the series is kinda cliche. But the practical, yet insightful dialogue alongside the atypical representation of a romantic comedy makes the mood more akin to that of the ~monogataries than that of a typical romcom.

I liked the episode, it should be interesting to see how the series progresses. It's moving along at a quick pace, but strangely enough, the transitions are incredibly fluid. It doesn't seem rushed even though you would expect it to. We've learned a lot about the characters from a simple episode. The later episodes may brush aside the comedy aspect for more serious elements; or, it could continue on unchanging/turning to a typical romcom. Enjoyable regardless.
Apr 5, 2013 1:11 AM

Sep 2012
I like how this anime seems to be more focused on character development rather than plot driven. I'm kind of getting a bit of toradora vibe coming from the MC due his design and narration. There was a lot of dialogue in this episode but it was engaging nonetheless. Artwork pretty average but the background is surprisingly detailed for a Brainbase anime.
Apr 5, 2013 1:12 AM

Oct 2012
I just looked at Hachiman's cover picture and the designs look quite a bit different. I think I prefer how he looks in the LN better...

Apr 5, 2013 1:27 AM

Jun 2012
Sort of unimpressed in the adaptation of the series. Inserting playful, cheery background music during a series that is all about black humor is completely unfitting.

Will stick around and watch it though, but I doubt it'll have the same impact as the manga.
I'm also filled with pure-hearted ulterior motives.

Apr 5, 2013 1:31 AM

Jun 2012
Jaythor said:
ZeroAkito said:
... it will end up with 1-2 more girls joining the club and we'll have some comedy/harem stuff...

It won't be.

that's why i said "i hope I'm not actually right". but i guess if somebody who read the LN said that, i can get my hopes up that this will suprise me ^_^
Apr 5, 2013 1:49 AM
May 2010
Really enjoyed the conversations and the flashbacks. Progressing to be one of the best this season imo.

And Hiki looks so badass
5/5
Apr 5, 2013 1:53 AM
Sep 2012
This was better than I expected. I love dynamic between Hachiman and Yukino. You can already see how they'll eventually get close to each other by the end of this season. Their reactions to Yui is funny and that teacher was badass.

This show and Date A Live are my favorites out of the Spring shows that have aired.
Apr 5, 2013 2:06 AM

Jun 2012
Brains Base why are you making these kinds of shows!? Don't get me wrong I enjoyed this premiere and last year's Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun but they're letting their potential go to waste....

I like the character designs and just the aesthetics overall. The MC is witty enough especially considering his cynical nature. He has very firm beliefs and stands up for himself making him feel like an actual person! *gasp*

One thing about these light novel adaptations that I still find weird is how Highschool students DON'T TALK OR THINK LIKE THIS. I can instantly tell this is from a light novel the way the show expresses dialogue
HybridMBLApr 5, 2013 3:25 AM
Apr 5, 2013 2:12 AM

Jan 2013
A great first episode. A lot of witty dialogue.
Enjoyed every minute of it.
I liked that there were only 4 characters shown and a lot of one on one interactions.
In the top 3 so far this season.
Apr 5, 2013 2:22 AM

Aug 2012
Really liked the first episode.

ltspfan said:
from the promotional vids i was expecting the art to be a little similar to haganai...

I'm indescribably glad it doesn't.
.................................................................................
Apr 5, 2013 2:28 AM

Jan 2011
I freaking loved this first episode. The dialogue is hilarious, especially between Hikki and Yukino. Yukino being isolated since she's so cute is pretty ridiculous but understandable. Funny to see Hikki trying to befriend Yukino but failed miserably. No wonder I head some Yuugiri (ZKC Unlimited: Hyoubu Kyouske) in Yui's voice; same VA. I laughed so hard when Hikki kept calling Yui a slut and Yui kept overreacting. I'm already loving Yukino, such an awesome female character. :D I cannot wait for more of this. DARU CAMEO NEXT EPISODE LOL! (smirk)
5/5
Apr 5, 2013 2:38 AM

Jul 2011
quite good.
Yukino is very beautiful.
講廢話,被撞到.
Apr 5, 2013 2:45 AM

Mar 2011
Quite good
Main selling point is the conversations
Yukino is more likable than other characters like Yozora, Masuzu and others
Like the opening song
Apr 5, 2013 2:45 AM

Mar 2013
Decent episode. I like Hachiman already. Hopefully it gets better.
Apr 5, 2013 2:53 AM

Jun 2010
To be honest, I expected more than this.

I felt that we didn't get enough background information from Hikki and Yukino. And the story progressed to fast. The development between the characters was just unnatural. I know it happens a lot specially with this kind of Anime but I hate that. I wish they approached this more slowly. Its just really weird for two characters who haven't even talked before to just suddenly have a serious conversation after a few minutes upon their meeting. That's just the negative things I saw in this episode.

Meanwhile, I really like the characters specially Hachiman ( lol at his name ). Also the comedy is good, was giggling the whole time. The dialogue is awesome. I smell a bit of Haganai in this Anime but its all good. I like where the series is going. The characters is one of its strongest element. Not to mention the art is likable and it fits the character's traits. I like Yukino, I see some resemblance of Hitagi from her attitude.

Overall, even if its a bit typical, its a good series. Probably will be one of the better series this season. I just hope they will expand more on the setting. Well, this is just the first episode..

4/5 for this episode.
Apr 5, 2013 2:56 AM

May 2010
damn good n funny first episode. im really liking hikki..probably cause i can relate to him quite alot :D

"Isn't it super hot?"
"More like hot and humid, right?
LMAOOOOOOO

5/5
Apr 5, 2013 3:06 AM

Sep 2011
I don't know about you guys but mc and yukino reminds me of bakemonogatari Araragi and Senjougahara. Their artwork is completely the same. That pointy thing on his head, the way he talks. Its very similar to Araragi. The story itself isn't original, but hey what is original these days. Anyway, i hope this isn't another harem story...
Apr 5, 2013 3:28 AM

Jan 2011
I really liked the first episode a lot! The two sub choices we have (so far) not so much but they aren't bad. Comparing the two showed a lot of differences. This is the kind of show (I feel) that needs to be tl and interpreted with care bc of the amount of, for lack of better words, jabs and banter between characters. Commie is what I'm going with.

Looking forward to this next week.
Apr 5, 2013 3:37 AM

Oct 2011
at first it felt like Haganai but luckily it's not - at least for now characters are not irritating. And main guy has some kind of personality in opposition to Kodaka.

It was bit boring yet interactions were funny, there is a potential here.
Apr 5, 2013 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
IZEROII said:
I really liked the first episode a lot! The two sub choices we have (so far) not so much but they aren't bad. Comparing the two showed a lot of differences. This is the kind of show (I feel) that needs to be tl and interpreted with care bc of the amount of, for lack of better words, jabs and banter between characters. Commie is what I'm going with.

Totally agreed, I too think that Commie manage to grasp the translations better because i found out that the other sub missed out on a lot of details from the conversations.

I initially thought brain's base skipped several witty remarks from the novel until i realize otherwise from re-watching it through commies.
Apr 5, 2013 4:03 AM

Jun 2011
another good debut.
Apr 5, 2013 4:10 AM

Dec 2011
Hikki is pretty sad but otherwise the episode was pretty funny.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Apr 5, 2013 4:49 AM

Oct 2010
I thought Hiki is a cliche character which anti-love and anti-friendship but after the episode, I found like he is more than that. Overall,I like this episode.
Signature Removed
Apr 5, 2013 5:11 AM

Aug 2011
Yukino seem to be much nicer in the anime as compared to novel. Where she is even more straight forward and say things that are even more harsh to the main guy.

RainbowMagnet said:
I think this show pulls of the "no friends" thing a lot better than haganai does, but then again haganai was about harem hijinks most of the time anyway.

Will keep watching.

Yes. And the best 'no friends' part hasn't even shown yet.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Apr 5, 2013 5:19 AM
Sep 2012
I liked it, thought it was pretty funny, I'm gonna keep watching. Beechee
Pages (9) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 2, 2013

375 by CrunchyRoles »»
Mar 7, 10:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.