Commentary on my favourites:
1. Gintama - I was reluctant at first, but I'm so glad I started it. Highly enjoyable with an amazing cast of characters, great comedy and the serious arcs can't really compare to those of long running shounen (in a good way). This show made me laugh countless times and I doubt that I'll ever find anime as enjoyable as this one.
2. Ergo Proxy- Very thought provoking and interesting, a lot of hidden messages and symbols that are joy to uncover. Bonus - an awesome soundtrack and finale and a very interesting heroine (she reminds me of Amy Lee from Evanescence so much).
3. Shoujo Kakumei Utena- Same with Ergo Proxy, this show is imo a masterpiece. Although a bit repetitive at the beginning, there are so many refferences and connections that are waiting to be noticed by me ('cause you cannot really absorb it in one setting) and I'm looking forward to it.
4. Bakemonogatari - This show is fucking awesome, period. Do I have to mention that I love Senjougahara to bits...?
5. Mononoke - That art. That animation. The nostalgia and melancholy. The minduck and the soundtrack. The badass Medicine Seller. This artwork needs more attention. Please, watch it.
I rate purely on enjoyment. Don't look for logic. But just in case...
10. Those are masterpieces that I loved. There were extremely well executed, enjoyable and I'll most likely remember them and rewatch them.
9. I highly enjoyed those pieces, they were incredibly thrilling and/or entertaining and emotional. High rewatch value, very close to perfection.
8. I rated most of my anime this way - I consider all of them great and would recommend them to anyone.
7. Good series that were either too short, complicated or got slightly boring after some time, but I still pretty much liked them.
6. Those weren't bad, they just had something missing or they're from a genre that I don't particularly like. Also, I rate this way really bad anime that were funny and entertaining (including yaoi. No, I'm not gay. It's just... the plot. Watch Kirepapa. I almost died.). And lastly, series that could be good if they didn't consist mostly of fillers and pointless episodes...
5. Boring, no feedback whatsoever.
Lower ratings - Anime that pissed me off.
Comment on my favourite characters: Light Yagami - I relate to him in (almost) every way. You can assume what it says about me, and I'll leave you to that.
More objectively, his character is very well written and how his personality turned out at the end is pretty realistic. Lelouch Lamperouge - Who doesn't love Lelouch? Without him, Code Geass would suck ass (most probably). Gintoki Sakata - I want him as my older bro. This guy is the coolest lad ever. He's badass, he's funny and I want to challenge him to a drinking game. Xerxes Break - I like characters who are not who they seem to be. His personality is so complicated that it makes his character very interesting. He's my ultimate avatar and we share a lot of traits. Senjougahara Hitagi - I need her in my bed. Furude Rika - I love how she can be all ~nipaaah~ and miii~ and shit and then she does this (spoiler from the Rei OVA)
Bitch deserved it. And her story is deep.
Ichihara Yuuko - She'd be the perfect mistress. She's smart, has great looks and style and can be both very distinguished but she also knows how to party. I really liked some of her quotes. Revy - The most badass woman in the anime history (although Balalaika is a close one... or the blonde nun). Kusuriuri - Nothing is known about him, but he's cool and has pretty charismatic aura. And I like his calmness. And his voice. Minami Kana - She's not so moe as her other sisters, but I love her personality.
TOP Anime OP's/ED's and soundtracks:
Clannad OST - Snowfield
Deadman Wonderland OP
Taiyou - Tenohira (Denpa Teki na Kanojo ED)
Elfen Lied OP
Ergo Proxy OP
Ghost in the Shell
Kajiura Yuki - Sis puella Magica!
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom OP
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei OP (DA BEST)
Shiki OST - Eau de Vie (by Takanashi Yasuharu)
Utena OST - Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
Vampire Knight Main Theme
Some of my favourite quotes:
"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist." Friedrich Nietzsche
"I have no right to call myself one who knows. I was one who seeks, and I still am, but I no longer seek in the stars or in books; I'm beginning to hear the teachings of my blood pulsing within me. My story isn't pleasant, it's not sweet and harmonious like the invented stories; it tastes of folly and bewilderment, of madness and dream, like the life of all people who no longer want to lie to themselves." Herman Hesse, Demian
"There is no person so severely punished, as those who subject themselves to the whip of their own remorse." Seneca