Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 2013 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Just finished watching this and first episode was okay imo.

It seems that Suzuhara is quite the shy girl but I liked her voice mannerisms. The part with the water was kinda weird. RIP computer life. So I guess she's definitely not normal but other wise, this first episode was blend. I'm hoping for some development soon though especially with the premise going on.

;.;

Mar 16, 2013 7:58 AM

Nov 2007
She has some kind of power that is somehow related to her being "hime" and Uchiyama-san's character has no choice to obey his father and protect her. Is Kugimiya-san voicing a boy this time? He sounded like Al from FMA.

TV airing ver. had preview, and it was short and simple with mysterious BGM.
tsubasaloverApr 3, 2013 5:54 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 16, 2013 10:17 AM
Sep 2012
The only thing I got from this is Suzuhara's name and that thing with the water. Izumi + Miko. Something has to do with water fountains and her being a shrine lady. So much questions already!! Can't wait for the second episode!!!
Mar 16, 2013 12:39 PM

Mar 2012
I hate to be "that guy" but does anyone know which subbers are planning to pick this up?

EDIT: Nevermind, this seems to just be preview episode :( I was looking forward to this so much.
WeWereGiantsMar 16, 2013 12:43 PM
---
If you enjoy the things I post here check out my facebook page! It's full of random things you may enjoy.

Mar 16, 2013 12:57 PM
Mar 2008
WeWereGiants said:
I hate to be "that guy" but does anyone know which subbers are planning to pick this up?

EDIT: Nevermind, this seems to just be preview episode :( I was looking forward to this so much.

It's not a preview, it's a pre air; basically they streamed it in low quality. TV broadcast starts in ~3 weeks.
Mar 16, 2013 1:05 PM

Mar 2011
draker said:
WeWereGiants said:

It's not a preview, it's a pre air; basically they streamed it in low quality. TV broadcast starts in ~3 weeks.

Oh okay, I was surprised when I saw this already up.
Mar 16, 2013 1:18 PM

Jul 2010
Izumiko's red glasses really make her stand out.
Mar 16, 2013 1:57 PM

Jun 2012
I liked this one, it looks nice, and I look forward to it. I like several characters already, and I think I'll like Izumiko, too. =)
Mar 16, 2013 2:04 PM

Jan 2008
Watching because P.A Works and Kishida Mel (Atelier Rorona, Totori and Meruru) original character designs. Although I can't say much of their recent anime have been that great aside from the animation.
Mar 16, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2009
Miyuki is a douchebag, and Izumiko is a doormat. It's like I'm really watching a generic shoujo!

The premise was interesting enough for me to want to keep watching though.
Mar 16, 2013 6:00 PM

Nov 2007
Pretty interesting first episode with pretty uninteresting characters. Someone assure me this isn't going to be a reverse-harem anime. Otherwise, I am not watching this.

Also, even if I do end up continuing, I am waiting three weeks to watch TV airings. Watching webrips are as bad as trying to smoke with your eyes. の.の
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 16, 2013 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
Hmmm Not really my thing maybe i'll stick around and see if it gets Interesting I guess... Kinda sad as well.
Mar 16, 2013 6:47 PM

Jul 2010
Honestly, I think this has a lot of potential!
I normally don't watch anime but this was really cute and it caught my eye! Her being mysterious did, of course.

I believe she will get stronger.

There's not many types of anime girl personalites out there that everyone may think, so there is a lot of the innocent kind, as well as strong, as well as tsundere, etc.

I just hope it ends well...
Mar 16, 2013 6:48 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty interesting I must say and it has some potential, although the characters were pretty unlikable
That guy is really mean and the mc was annoying
I'm expecting for the plot to pick up and to have more mystery
Mar 16, 2013 7:04 PM

Nov 2009
I must say for a random first episode I watched on a spur of the moment call, I is very interesting, I'm looking forward to more of this show.
SHONEN ANIME FTW
Mar 16, 2013 7:09 PM

Sep 2012
Well that one guy is a big prick. Then and now, good thing he, "fell down the cliff." Either way I really like where this is going, hopefully it just keeps getting better and better!
Mar 16, 2013 7:15 PM

Jan 2008
Amarrez said:
Miyuki is a douchebag, and Izumiko is a doormat. It's like I'm really watching a generic shoujo!

The premise was interesting enough for me to want to keep watching though.

^This.

Miyuki...what a dick. Kids like him need a kick in the crotch...regardless of how old he is. I can't stand bullies and pricks. I hope he gets what's coming to him. And that part about him falling down a cliff; I could care less if he fell down, or was beat up by his father, or sodomized by a bear: he could use some more time as a sack to be thrown around.
Estoy_GordoMar 16, 2013 7:20 PM
Mar 16, 2013 7:21 PM

Feb 2012
Seems interesting despite some mild hate for Miyuki I think there may be some reasons behind the way he acts. Though to be honest if I forced into moving, becoming a servant for a ignorant girl I to would be pissed to all hell.

We'll see how it develops though or maybe ill just go read the manga...
Mar 16, 2013 7:28 PM

Nov 2007
Voids said:
Well that one guy is a big prick. Then and now, good thing he, "fell down the cliff." Either way I really like where this is going, hopefully it just keeps getting better and better!

We already know the dad had something to do with him falling down the cliff.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 16, 2013 7:29 PM

Feb 2012
shanimebib said:
Voids said:

"Falling of a cliff" or "Beaten to shit"

Which one is the truth...
Mar 16, 2013 7:29 PM

Oct 2008
MidnightPride said:
Seems interesting despite some mild hate for Miyuki I think there may be some reasons behind the way he acts. Though to be honest if I forced into moving, becoming a servant for a ignorant girl I to would be pissed to all hell.

I too think Miyuki has his reasons for acting like that. There is something wrong with that Yukimasa guy, seriously. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks so o__o

And did her father just say that she was his girlfriend when she "talked" to him through the pc??
Mar 16, 2013 7:31 PM

Feb 2012
bt-kun said:
MidnightPride said:

I too think Miyuki has his reasons for acting like that. There is something wrong with that Yukimasa guy, seriously. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks so o__o

And did her father just say that she was his girlfriend when she "talked" to him through the pc??

Ya but I think it was meant as a joke. which is why he said "ya we've been together for 15 years" (she looks like a young girl). Get it?
Mar 16, 2013 7:42 PM

Oct 2012
draker said:
WeWereGiants said:

well no wonder...I thought it was weird it would start airing in March...

Mar 16, 2013 8:06 PM

May 2010
i really have mixed feelings for this show sofar. hope it changes in next 2-3 eps.
Mar 16, 2013 8:09 PM

Jan 2012
This was great!! I can't wait to see how this story turns out x)

5/5

Mar 16, 2013 8:20 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
MidnightPride said:

There should be no doubt what actually happened.
CratexMar 16, 2013 8:59 PM
Mar 16, 2013 8:38 PM

Apr 2011
I have mixed feelings about this show. The high quality animation lured me into watching this, but the dramatic parts makes me push away. But since it's just
the first episode, I'll watch a few more episode to see if it entertains me.
Mar 16, 2013 8:44 PM

Jul 2011
What the... that was terrible... ಠ_ಠ

It's rushed, and I'm confused as hell. The directing is pretty bad.

I really shouldn't pick up shows because of the art! ARGH.

I hate the two main characters, as well dislike all the other ones already! That's a first for me!

ARGH. WHY. WHY. WHY. I did somewhat expected this to be bad, because I had high expectations for it, but WTF was that??

On a scale of 1 to 5, that was a -3 for me.

щ(ಠ益ಠщ)
Mar 16, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2011
Oh so melodramatic... About bored me to sleep. ED song was pretty awesome though. What is it with P.A works and their complete inability to make decent characters? They're worse in this than in quite a few others too.

I'm not even dissapointed, P.A works are on a big losing streak really I saw this coming.
Mar 16, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2008
Izumiko reminds me a bit of Ebihara Chinami from Code-E, since they both wear glasses, have somewhat similar hairstyles, have social problems, and they both cause electrical devices to malfunction.
Overall, I liked the pre-air episode so I'll definitely watch it. ^_^
Mar 16, 2013 8:57 PM

Nov 2012
I don't know if the creator of the anime realizes this, but it usually backfires when you get the viewer hating BOTH of the main characters.

I don't feel sorry for Izumiko. I don't feel pissed at her either. But I hate how she shows more sadness than anger. At least get pissed enough to vent it somehow. But of course not, she's the generic "I'll-be-nice-and-he'll-turn-around (of course, as shown in the opening song)- and-we'll-be-happy-together! I'm sick of watching that character and we all know where this is going. But at least the writer realized that we'll keep watching just in order to watch Izumiko stand up for herself, at least once. By then, we'll probably be too hooked to drop it.

As for Miyuki, there's a bastard prick at its finest. Can't keep his mouth shut or even act diplomatically. His father's got a screw loose, I agree, but this kid's apparently inherited that trait. I really want Izumiko to drop his ass by the next episode at least.
Mar 16, 2013 9:14 PM
Sep 2012
Sort of bland and stuff doesn't make sense. I hope that this picks up in the next few episodes.
Mar 16, 2013 9:17 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
MidnightPride said:

At least someone tried to understand Miyuki. Granted, he did came off as a dick, but it's kind of understandable. Well...except when he was bullying her as a child =_= that was just not cool. What kind of kid does that? I don't find Izumiko annoying. She is kind of like a generic shoujo heroine, but at the same time, she's different because of the way she was brought up. She doesn't even know what she is or why she needs to be protected :/ just a thought.

Anyways, interesting first episode. It's nothing too exciting, but I definitely wasn't bored. At leas PA Works does well in the animation department. Plus, I get to hear more Uchiyama~
Mar 16, 2013 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
Not bad.
The animation is pretty good.
I find any character with glasses looks way better without them. Same with braided hair. She looks much better without glasses and with her hair out. It doesn't help that she has a bland/shy personality that matches her looks.
Mar 16, 2013 9:41 PM

Feb 2011
Pretty good. For some reason I'm addicted to that ending theme.. x3

An interesting story, can't wait to see how it all pans out. Though with the generic setup of a shy heroine and ill-mannered potential love interest, some things may be easy to predict. Either way, guess I'll stick with this one. Seems promising enough.
Mar 16, 2013 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
MidnightPride said:
shanimebib said:
Voids said:

Maybe he was pushed down the cliff and beaten up lol.
Mar 16, 2013 10:44 PM
Aug 2012
Wasn't a spectacular first episode. S'pose I'll give it a go when it airs though.

I'm not a great fan of the creator's other work - Good Witch of the West: Astraea Testament - so have fairly low expectations LOL!
Mar 16, 2013 11:01 PM

Dec 2007
WTF!? People are scoring this show already!?

I'm interested in how the series will progress here! :p
Mar 16, 2013 11:12 PM

Mar 2013
So far is okay. Miyuki a prick though. For some reason, I find the ending song catchy. teehee
Mar 16, 2013 11:13 PM

Dec 2011
Whoa, this is better than I initially thought.
A lot of conflicts happening with the main characters.
That is your plot right there. Can't wait to see how they will start getting along.

I think that his father beat some sense into Miyuki.
Looking forward on this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2013 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
Pretty interesting first episode. Curious to see where his will go. I can't believe people are already scoring this show, and someone already made a review...
Mar 16, 2013 11:25 PM

Aug 2009
Well the guys in this show are total assholes, but the MC is just as abad. Why can't she stand up for herself once in a while? She needs to stop crying like a little bitch and do something about her crappy life (srsly anime chars that cry in the first ep just made me mad)
LoneWolfMar 17, 2013 1:07 AM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Mar 16, 2013 11:29 PM

Aug 2012
I actually really liked the first episode.
It has lots of potential!

I laughed so much when Miyuki showed up all scratched. He deserved that :P
Mar 16, 2013 11:51 PM
Feb 2013
That Wamiya guy looked gay and I'm about 5:30 seconds into the episode.
Just finished the episode my opinion is still the same.
KaylacatMar 17, 2013 12:14 AM
Mar 17, 2013 12:17 AM

Sep 2008
Not a bad first episode, Miyuki is a dick.

Masumi Ito is awesome.
Mar 17, 2013 12:39 AM

Feb 2013
The animation is nice. Not the best first episode ever, but not necessarily bad either. I'm curious enough about it to watch it when it airs.
Mar 17, 2013 12:57 AM

Jul 2011
waaaa talk about an A-Class deuche!!
First bad impression for sure...only that new guy.
I feel bad for the girl.
This power of hers reminds me of Code E.
Mar 17, 2013 1:53 AM

Oct 2012
I am just 5 minutes into the first episode but I already want to comment here.
The visual detail is beautiful to so as make this place come alive and seem real.
The whole thing immediately grabs me. I love the "retro" feel of everything.
I love stories that involve childhood friends ( 幼なじみ / osana najimi ). From
reading the Japanese Wikipedia article, it seems that her long braided hair that
hangs down to her waist has some very important spiritual function.
Details are here: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/RDG_レッドデータガール
Note that you have to cut and paste this link to another browser to make it work.
Anime series often have an "animation bump", which means that the quality of
the animation is much better for the first one or two episodes. The purpose of
this is to draw viewers in. So don't be disappointed if the quality drops a bit.
Several times it is mentioned that she is the "Himegami" ( 姫神 ). In the subs
that I watched, they just said "Himegami" without any explanation. Anyways,
for any of you who are not experts in Shinto, this literally means "Princess-god".
okanaganMar 17, 2013 3:07 AM
Mar 17, 2013 1:58 AM

Mar 2008
I actually liked it. Looks like they'll both get some character development, at least I strongly hope so.
Gorgeous animation...
and it's actually interesting. Will keep watching
Mar 17, 2013 2:01 AM

Aug 2012
Hmm... interesting. There is hope for this anime :3
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2013

199 by KempachiZaraki »»
Aug 2, 2023 11:52 AM

» This anime was horrible

Olwen - Jun 16, 2013

33 by Warchiii »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2013

133 by Hanemiyakazutora »»
Dec 12, 2021 8:20 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2013

82 by Stardew »»
Jul 5, 2021 2:37 PM

Poll: » RDG: Red Data Girl Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 13, 2013

89 by Stardew »»
Jul 3, 2021 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.