Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 10, 2012 4:41 PM

Jan 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Random plot for fanservice
Feb 11, 2012 3:10 AM

Apr 2011
Well, nothing special. And that's the end :(
Feb 14, 2012 12:15 AM

Sep 2011
Commercially failed manga. I wonder what were the reasons for its failure...
Feb 14, 2012 8:11 PM

Apr 2010
-ryancklam- said:

Kagami no Kuni didn't fail. Yashiros series almost always have above average volume sales and it wasn't low enough in the reader polls to warrant cancellation.

Yasuhiro realized a series that has it's main character constantly trapped inside a mirror didn't have much room for expansion so he decided to scrap it himself.
Feb 16, 2012 7:40 AM

Jun 2009
Completely a big SHIT manga!
this crap manga have more 3 chapter than ANE DOKI! what a joke...
Shueisha, just kick this crappy mangaka out of your place~!
Feb 22, 2012 11:33 PM

Dec 2010
IZUMI64 said:
Completely a big SHIT manga!
this crap manga have more 3 chapter than ANE DOKI! what a joke...
Shueisha, just kick this crappy mangaka out of your place~!

Really?

It was a good manga but like what VenusandCancer said, there wasn't a lot of room for expansion. If anything, I consider it a great short story.

About this chapter...there was a lot of fan service! Way more than the whole manga combined if I do say so myself. I enjoyed it nonetheless. It was pretty funny for a beach scene.

Feb 23, 2012 9:10 AM

Jun 2010
Erogenesis said:

LOL? Seriously? The series ended because the author wants to end it. Do you think it will be a still good manga if they extend the plot? This is the best result whether you want it or not.
Feb 27, 2012 1:47 AM

Dec 2010
Harisugawa in Bikini World.
Dat melted popsicle
This chapter created a lot of ntr potential

"I'm sorry but I will not be continuing this comic in any fashion"
Sad. There was some things left over to expand upon, but I could pretty much predict where those would lead. The only thing left is whether Saki still had any chance.

I will never find out.
Ever.

:(
Feb 27, 2012 1:58 AM

Sep 2007
The glasses girl is so hot ... *___*
Feb 27, 2012 2:25 AM

Jun 2009
I'll just pretend there is no epilogue so I can keep this as a solid 8.

and there are a lot going through my mind reading the chapter... I should probably tone down watching some rape/ntr doujin
-QuasarFeb 27, 2012 2:28 AM
Feb 27, 2012 2:51 AM

Dec 2008
Well I don't see how an epilogue, or more specifically, the equivalent of an anime special, can bring down the score of the manga as a whole. The story ended at chapter 28, and I thought that even though it was rushed, I fully understand the circumstances behind the workings of shounen jump.

I sincerely hope that Kanou creates a new manga in a DIFFERENT magazine that's more lenient. Maybe something reminiscent of Mx0 cause that was amazing and I love his art style.

Tonight... we are young... so let's set the world on fire, we can burn brighter, than the sun...
Feb 27, 2012 3:02 AM

Feb 2010
I don't think it's a bad change of pace because this chapter is a little reminisce of his previous works, plentiful outrageous scenarios, abundance of fan service and certainly more light-hearted. The only pity I find was there's seemingly no progression in Satomi and Harisugawa's relationship in this epilogue. But hey, there is a little charm for it to end the way by not taking itself very seriously.
Feb 27, 2012 3:51 AM

May 2009
he should have ended it with chapter 28 IMO

i think that he don't know where to go with it anymore
like Mx0 :(

too bad i really enjoyed this too like Mx0 :|

well good luck on your next work! :D
Feb 27, 2012 3:53 AM
Jun 2010
really disappointed that its over...... I really really liked this manga.
So sudden, but I am thankful that it was made, still I couldnt be more shocked.
Feb 27, 2012 5:41 AM

Jan 2010
Could have been a little bit more longer Y.Y..
at least five or at least three chapters could have done it T_T..
Feb 27, 2012 6:07 AM

Feb 2012
Overall I liked this manga but the epilogue is just bad. At the end of chapter 28 I got my hopes up because it said what was going to happen but this was nothing. You shouldn't even call it epilogue, neither we nor the characters gained anything out of this. The only message we got that Mao didn't reject him.
Feb 27, 2012 6:21 AM

May 2007
Bleh. That last chapter was a total copout. Just once, I would like to see these romance/shounen manga end with a solid, complete ending. I was hoping for something to actually happen between Satomi and Harisugawa...not what we saw in chapter 28. Very disappointed.

Anyway, besides that, I enjoyed the manga. Absolutely adored Satomi, the romance, and the art style. I'll leave it at a 6/10.
Feb 27, 2012 7:10 AM

Jun 2010
It was okay. I didn't see how this manga would be extended any further.

Feb 27, 2012 8:17 AM

Oct 2008
Completely disappointing.

I liked the series a a whole, but there is no ending, no payoff, no conclusion. Instead of actually finishing the story as chapter 28 hinted at, they show a random side story. This might not be school rumble levels of troll, but it isn't that far behind.
Feb 27, 2012 8:35 AM

Dec 2010
That was a horrible ending it feels like the mangaka just wanted to get this over with.
He could have at least make Mao and Harisaguwa a couple with a timeskip or something like them two getting married. *sigh* Atleast that would have been a better ending.
Feb 27, 2012 9:25 AM

Sep 2009
Oh silly me, expecting some sort of conclusion. What the hell.
Feb 27, 2012 10:05 AM
Mar 2011
wtf kind of shitty ending was that?!
Feb 27, 2012 11:57 AM

Nov 2011
darkwap said:
That was a horrible ending it feels like the mangaka just wanted to get this over with.
He could have at least make Mao and Harisaguwa a couple with a timeskip or something like them two getting married. *sigh* Atleast that would have been a better ending.

totally agree with you ehhhhh another good series goes to waste cause of shounen jumps readers...or maybe its the mangakas fault??
Feb 27, 2012 12:04 PM

Jan 2011
it''s werid where bakuman is in the anime the same thing just happened! shame i really enjoyed this series but i can't wait to see what he does next,but i do agree he could have pulled a time-skip instead of a random beach fanservice.
Feb 27, 2012 1:05 PM

Jul 2008
disappointing last chapter D= , felt like this piece had so much potential too
but w.e ending is end
Feb 27, 2012 4:43 PM

Jun 2009
Well this chapter was weak, not even funny much. But it was a fine series, looking forward to next mango by the auuthor just as instructed. (`-´)>
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Feb 27, 2012 8:05 PM

Jul 2011
Overall, I enjoyed Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa; it was a lighthearted rom-com with admittedly likable characters and a fairly well executed plot, albeit it was evidently rushed to some extent ...

However, "The END" was anticlimactic to the point of gagging, hands-down repugnant and made me want to kick someone's ass. Is this their idea of closure? I would've preferred the manga to have ended in chapter 28, not this excuse of an epilogue.

But please don't mind my hyperbolic banter, I'm just a tad disappointed is all...
Feb 27, 2012 8:49 PM
Nov 2010
Zakeru1221 said:
wtf kind of shitty ending was that?!

Completely accurate. The ending was shit. I'm depressed and have no hope for anime/manga after seeing this..
Feb 27, 2012 11:38 PM

Jun 2011
If the author choose to end the series himself, then he could've make a happy ending or at least a satisfying one, rather an open ending which leave everything for the readers imagination..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Feb 28, 2012 4:48 AM

Apr 2009
I'll just pretend that this unfunny crap of an extra doesn't exist. But even then, while the finale itself was decent (though author surely didn't overwork himself on it), the way it came out of blue effectively ruined any satisfaction from this manga.
Feb 28, 2012 5:05 PM

Nov 2007
I thought this had a lot of potential.... then the ending felt rushed and he didn't end with either girl and they forgot the confessions. It felt like we got jipped. this last chapter just felt random and tacked on to show boobs. oh well, Saki should have won afterall.

I really liked the beginning and mid part, art style and plot ..... the end ruined it though
Feb 29, 2012 12:00 AM

May 2011
Aww now this manga is officially over. Great manga overall, I loved it from the beginning to end. The art was fantastic, the plot was great and all of the scenarios were just fun to read. I did hope for more but it just can't be helped. Ending was unsatisfying, wanted to actually see Mao and Harisugawa get somewhere but =/.

This chapter was just wtf... It did nothing to ease the ending, dno why I actually expected something purposeful. It was pretty disappointing, just a random beach chapter. Meh one good thing was seeing Harisugawa going nuts to protect the girls I guess.
Mar 4, 2012 3:58 AM

Jan 2011
Damn, absolutely disappointing 'extra chapter' and official ending to a great manga series. Really loved Kagami No Kuni no Harisugawa too. Ah well, it was great while it lasted. Seriously though, this chapter was so pointless. Nothing but fan service as if the author was like 'well how should I end this? I know, BEACH CHAPTER YEAH!' >.>
Mar 5, 2012 1:57 AM

Feb 2008
not sure wat all of u think but it was really impressive to see such a bizarre plot played out as interesting as it was and last as long as it had the ending really did not feel like it was axed it felt like he chose to end it
Mar 6, 2012 5:05 PM
Feb 2010
Are you joking me....what kind of ending is that... You would think after all that build up with the 28 ch you would get at least a decent ending... Loved it till this chapter
Mar 7, 2012 4:13 PM

Sep 2009
started off very good but turned to shit near the end....he didn't have any other ideas that would keep the story alive....my ass...no pairing, no nothing....what a letdown QAQ
Mar 10, 2012 1:35 PM

Aug 2009
VenusandCancer said:
-ryancklam- said:

Kagami no Kuni didn't fail. Yashiros series almost always have above average volume sales and it wasn't low enough in the reader polls to warrant cancellation.

Yasuhiro realized a series that has it's main character constantly trapped inside a mirror didn't have much room for expansion so he decided to scrap it himself.

It was a failure. It was hardly in the top ten and is mostly near the bottom 5. It was never successful to begin with.
Mar 11, 2012 5:52 AM

Apr 2010
SoFarGone said:
VenusandCancer said:
-ryancklam- said:

It was a failure. It was hardly in the top ten and is mostly near the bottom 5. It was never successful to begin with.

Reader polls ≠ Success

Success is judged by volume sales, something Kano does quite well in.
I shouldn't even have to explain this to you.
Mar 17, 2012 12:42 PM

Nov 2011
im really curious what keeps this mangaka in jump...all his series were axed despite being really good.
We won't know that....and the author probably won't say it........Mx0 is really similar to Iris Zero ( and better in my opinion..but Iris is also quite good) and it is popular. Is it just because Iris is serialized in another magazine and iits target readers are different than jumps??

Wonder what is his source of money when his not drawing mangas...because it took some time between serialization of Mx0 and Kagami.......
May 18, 2012 8:09 AM

Apr 2009
That's the legendary Guardian for you. This epilogue though, is unremarkable. I would have wanted to see the lost romantic resolution from chapter 27 recreated had Mao accepted Tetsu's second confession. Or a fast forward long timeskip might have been better as an epilogue. It's a shame Saki shot down the other guy interested in her in the last chapter. She also deserves some love after everything that happened.
May 24, 2012 1:06 AM

Feb 2012
The manga was good and to me it had potential to even further... but i woud have to say the ending really sucked. Even if the author wanted to scrap the work, there was no need to ending that is so out of place.
Jun 7, 2012 12:58 AM

Feb 2009
Yet another Yasuhiro's work coming to an end......Mx1 next? seriously though, I want a Mx0 sequel!
Jun 16, 2012 11:51 PM

Apr 2010
Mx0 & now this shit. This mangaka needs to be axed in the quickest way possible.
Jul 19, 2012 11:56 PM
Jul 2012
JacTheRipper said:
The manga was good and to me it had potential to even further... but i woud have to say the ending really sucked. Even if the author wanted to scrap the work, there was no need to ending that is so out of place.

Sad but True.. :3
Anyway.. this chapter is supposed to implanted within mid chapter or something like that.. to add comedic elements :D
Jul 22, 2012 11:38 PM

Nov 2011
Shit ending to this great manga. Oh well, still enjoyed it ^_-
Jun 2, 2013 10:43 AM

Nov 2008
I liked this manga. It'snot the best but at least it didn't end like the others. And it wasn't that long.

Although I feel sorry for him, this ending makes up for it a little bit. 8/10
Jun 24, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2013
I would've given this an 8 if it wasn't for this shitty chapter, the only thing that has worth during this chapter was the fact that Mao rejected him.
Aug 14, 2013 10:06 PM

Dec 2012
This was an interesting romance manga. The ambiguous ending made it special, but I sort of long for the ending to be more linear but oh well. I just assume that they end up together as it is heavily hinted that way. The art was really good. Pretty basic story with an interesting twist story. Characters were average. Good manga. 7/10
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Aug 31, 2013 12:34 AM

Jul 2010
It did end rather suddenly, but she never rejected him and her friend told her to go test him to see how much he really loves her. In the end, he got smothered by all 3 girls, then it basically ended. Her heart did race when he confessed, so she probably feels something. It could've had several more chapters, but meh.
Sep 5, 2014 2:19 PM

Mar 2012
Meh useless chapter, MC is pretty outgoing so I'm pretty sure they would have ended up together if this was an actual epilogue chapter.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime adaptation

Ayako_Rose - Apr 29, 2022

0 by Ayako_Rose »»
Apr 29, 2022 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa Chapter 28 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Gnowmi - Feb 2, 2012

64 by Slyver »»
Sep 22, 2018 12:46 AM

Poll: » Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa Chapter 27 Discussion

Gnowmi - Jan 27, 2012

33 by GoldenDevilGamer »»
Dec 11, 2016 2:58 PM

Poll: » Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa Chapter 26 Discussion

IZUMI64 - Jan 24, 2012

31 by GoldenDevilGamer »»
Dec 11, 2016 2:17 PM

Poll: » Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa Chapter 25 Discussion

Gnowmi - Jan 12, 2012

20 by GoldenDevilGamer »»
Dec 11, 2016 2:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.