Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 16, 2023 8:22 AM

May 2020
Have to give it to Maomao though, she really just went to confront Fengming… all alone, knowing full well she could be the potential culprit behind everything lol. But I mean you can’t blame her, knowing her father was kicked out of the inner court on the grounds of not being able to save Ah Duo’s son back then, she must have been furious, I mean she should be too.

They removed his one kneecap… letting him take the entire blame for the infant’s death, when in reality it was actually Fengming, who WITHOUT KNOWING and unintentionally(?) kept feeding the infant honey, which I mean according to Maomao’s words is actually poisonous, for children in that phase. This ultimately led to the child’s death, and Fengming in an attempt to hide this fact from Ah Duo, did everything she could… over all these years.

Kind of explains why Lishu had that expression like she saw a ghost when Maomao mentioned Fengming. I mean Fengming was always wary of her, given her distaste of honey and a sort-of possibility that she could mention something along the lines of how even honey could be poisonous to people. Goes without saying, Fengming saw her long overdue punishment after everything came to light.

Maomao did push Fengming to the edge, but we know, in the end it was tough for her to come to terms that it was her actions which led to someone’s execution. The whole conversion with Ah Duo, you could feel she was hurt.. Ah Duo, and moreover the whole sequence with Jinshi then... really rare to the guy in tears and that down:(

Ah Duo's out of the inner palace, and yes, they hinted plenty, of what COULD POSSIBLY have happened in the whole ordeal between Ah Duo losing her son, and the imperial brother surviving. Though the details are for later.
Softhenic03Dec 16, 2023 8:27 AM
Dec 16, 2023 8:27 AM

Dec 2021
Oh, it looks like Ah-Duo had quite a few admirers.

Maomao learned from the palace books about a past incident involving her foster father Luomen, Ah-Duo, and her son. In order to uncover the cause of the prince's death, Maomao visits Fengming, the head maid of Ah-Duo. However, Fengming, who is devoted to and respected by Ah-Duo, harbors a significant secret. Understanding her feelings, Maomao devises a plan.

Great job, Maomao! This case had everything you're passionate about: a mystery that needed solving, delving into your dad's past and how he got kicked out of the Palace, and the element of poison. On another note, Fengming's voice actor really poured her heart into that scene. You could feel the emotions she'd held onto for 17 years just pouring out. Honestly, watching Ah-Duo wasting the sake, I could tell Maomao was low-key mad, she just didn't let it show. But yeah, in that conversation, you can feel that Ah-Duo is genuinely hurting deep down.

Ah-Duo stepping up and acting like a mom just made me genuinely happy.

Dec 16, 2023 10:04 AM
Sep 2015
It's just that, babies have high death rate in the past, but not because ignoring parents. Those parents just don't know how to raise a baby. In fact, I'm pretty sure even nowadays there are parents that keep feeding things that shouldn't be feed to the baby.
Dec 16, 2023 11:10 AM

Oct 2017
We finally know what actually happened back then. It was quite tragic and sad. But more importantly that reveal at the end that Jinshi's the emperor's little brother who's actually his and Ah Duo's son is insane. So Jinshi's the current prince. Holy shit.
MegamiRemDec 18, 2023 3:04 AM
Dec 16, 2023 11:10 AM

Apr 2010
First part was intense but the culprit was found.
Now more mystery is unraveling itself, and bad news for Maomao.

I also like the theory of Jinshi's parents it sounds interesting.
Dec 16, 2023 11:23 AM

Jul 2017
Maomao onto the Garnet Pavilion to talk with Lady Fengming, clearly the movement of Concubine Ah-Duo is seen as a lucrative measure since the birth from the Empress Dowager happened at the same time, which was given much priority, that the procedure ended up in Maomao's father's hands. The culprit being of flowers being fed to a newborn that Fengming knew had poison from the nectar, this was all constructed through Lishu telling her the truth about Ah-Duo's baby's death since she had honey before. It was an intricate plot to remove all of the detractors, that even to Maomao, would not reinstate her father. To this that Ah-Duo faced reality about her one and only newborn, Fengming felt that she had bore a burden all this time, and Maomao had a suggestion to converge her motives together that while the results will not change, it at least spared her the dignity of Ah-Duo staying as one of the 4 concubines in the rear palace.

Alas, Ah-Duo has already been set to leave the rear palace on the emperor's orders with Fengming turning herself in to be executed. The last night of a drink together with said concubine, she may already have her fate written on the wall as Fengming shows that she's one to sacrifice for the servant she worked so hard for. Aside from Jinshi's drunken hug to Maomao after a drink with Ah-Duo, they look so similar that Maomao speculated that Ah-Duo had this planned out for so long, that it even does not matter if they were swapped at birth.

It's sad to see Ah-Duo leave the rear palace being a dignified mother. But aside from that intricate link between Ah-Duo and Jinshi, who really knows? The truth shall come to light in the future.
Dec 16, 2023 11:25 AM

Feb 2021
Maomao thiking about Fengming's execution in such a nonchalant manner shows how such cruel things are common in the rear palace. What she did to Lishu was wrong, but I gotta feel bad for her. Just wish that Ah-Duo learned the truth about her "son's" death in the end.
Jinshi hugging Maomao like that was so cute aaaahhhh
Everyone suspected that Jinshi is Ah-Duo's child and this pretty much confirmed it, but I didn't see the babies being swapped coming at all. Also I find it hard to believe that Jinshi is just 17 years old, so there is definitely more to this.
This arc was really good!
Dec 16, 2023 11:27 AM

Jul 2011
The whole ordeal sucks, but what really sucks is the lack of doctors in such affluent place. If was some slums would be okay, but is the darn palace. And just had one doctor?
But kinda adds up, seeing that the current rear palace doctor is a chump. Awful health budget allocation.

So Maomao was kidnapped on purpose, not at random.

Dec 16, 2023 11:33 AM

Mar 2021
Maomao just has no fear when it comes to confronting people especially with Fengming. I do feel bad for her dad being blamed for the death of the baby even though it wasn't his fault
Dec 16, 2023 11:35 AM

Feb 2019
Awesome episode as usual.

The path to hell is paved with good intentions. Fengming’s story is tragic. She was a good person at heart who just made some really bad choices. The honey situation really wasn’t her fault and given Ah-Duo’s personality she probably would’ve straight up forgiven her. The emperor of course would’ve been another story. But still, doubling down on things by trying to poison another concubine and get her kicked out of the palace, just didn’t help things at all.

Important life lesson is that usually it’s not even the deed that gets you in trouble, but your subsequent actions to cover up the deed.

Logistically, kind of crazy that for the emperor’s palace there was only one doctor on call at that time. Especially when you have multiple people pregnant at once.. I’m sure this case hit a little different for Maomao too as she wanted to get to the bottom of why her father was kicked out/clear up his name.

“Let me warm up a little longer” 😩 jinshi and Maomao shippers ate good today. Such a cute scene seeing Jinshi so vulnerable after a night out drinking. When he started crying even Maomao couldn’t turn him down.

Speaking of Jinshi, still a lot of questions surrounding his backstory. Could he be Ah-Duo’s son who got swapped at birth? There’s also the question of who’ll replace Ah-Duo in the rear palace, as well as what Jinshi finds when he looks into Maomao’s kidnapping. So a lot of questions let to be answered in the second cour!
Marinate1016Dec 16, 2023 11:52 AM
Dec 16, 2023 11:38 AM

Jul 2017
Quite a lot of exposition in this episode in general connecting various points raised from the last bunch of episodes surrounding Ah-Duo's loss of her kid, to Lishu's poisoning, to the association that Maomao's father had with giving birth to the son of the emperor with switched births being on the card too with Maomao's thoughts as Ah-Duo departed from the Rear Palace, just a lot happened. Many little things in this series seem harmless situationally but have been poisonous and affected many due to lack of experience and knowledge, whether it is the powder from the early episodes or the honey elaborated here that affected the kid from the past with their death which is a shame. Maybe felt a little too convenient at times with the mystery but in general, it was a compelling episode to watch for sure. More mysteries with Maomao teased at the end too. For an exposition heavy episode that had loads of talking and analyzing from Maomao's point about the situation and past events, this avoided being boring or too dragged out at any point which is good.
Dec 16, 2023 11:39 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to Embient
Maomao thiking about Fengming's execution in such a nonchalant manner shows how such cruel things are common in the rear palace. What she did to Lishu was wrong, but I gotta feel bad for her. Just wish that Ah-Duo learned the truth about her "son's" death in the end.
Jinshi hugging Maomao like that was so cute aaaahhhh
Everyone suspected that Jinshi is Ah-Duo's child and this pretty much confirmed it, but I didn't see the babies being swapped coming at all. Also I find it hard to believe that Jinshi is just 17 years old, so there is definitely more to this.
This arc was really good!
@Embient he is 18, about a year and a bit older than MaoMao. It is some odd thing with how Chinese count years, apparently, that they said 17 years ago when MaoMao checked the records.

For anyone wondering, yes, there is a bunch of things that are harmful for grown ups but lethal for babies or even young children. It includes some types of honey and, for example, unripe potatoes.
Nachtwandler_21Dec 16, 2023 12:27 PM
Dec 16, 2023 11:41 AM

Sep 2009
Reply to BlichoBoy
The whole ordeal sucks, but what really sucks is the lack of doctors in such affluent place. If was some slums would be okay, but is the darn palace. And just had one doctor?
But kinda adds up, seeing that the current rear palace doctor is a chump. Awful health budget allocation.

@BlichoBoy the whole situation about why inner palace had only one doctor and has this quack now will be explained later (most of it only in potential S2, though). Without spoilers, previous emperror is to blame.

And no, she was kidnapped randomly. It is just a coincidence that her kidnappers had some deals with Fengmings family, so Jinshi has to end her contract early according to the rules (they have to remove anyone with ties to her family from the palace as a precaution).
Dec 16, 2023 12:04 PM

Jan 2020
My god this episode is deep, it has a massive character development, an insane carry on story, everything is starting to make sense.
Dec 16, 2023 12:09 PM

Mar 2023
Mao hasn't fully accepted the baby swap, but that's obviously what happened.
I didn't expect Jinshi to know all about it, but it seems that he does (or at least implied)
Dec 16, 2023 12:21 PM

May 2020
so ah duo is jinshi's mother???

Dec 16, 2023 12:24 PM

Jul 2021
Excellent episode, my favorite so far.

Regarding the "baby swap", though, I'm a little confused:

- WHY did the baby swap take place? Maomao does speculate that Ah-Duo may have accepted it because her child will grow up in a better environment, but what did the Empress Dowager get out of it?
- WHEN did the baby swap take place? Immediately after birth? Or sometime later?
- When her baby "died", what really happened here? Did any of the babies die at all? Whose baby was it really? Was it Ah-Duo's baby post-swap, which means it wasn't even her real child? Did she mourn the baby as her own anyway? It doesn't make sense that it was pre-swap, because here Maomao's considering the possibility that Jinshi is Ah-Duo's surviving baby.

- Does the current emperor have a younger brother? Have we seen him in the show? When Maomao refers to a "brother" in a "delicate position", is she (hypothetically) talking about Jinshi?
- How did this affect Ah-Duo's position in the Rear Palace? Why does Maomao say that this is how Ah-Duo lasted so long as a concubine?
Dec 16, 2023 12:29 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to perseii
Excellent episode, my favorite so far.

Regarding the "baby swap", though, I'm a little confused:

- WHY did the baby swap take place? Maomao does speculate that Ah-Duo may have accepted it because her child will grow up in a better environment, but what did the Empress Dowager get out of it?
- WHEN did the baby swap take place? Immediately after birth? Or sometime later?
- When her baby "died", what really happened here? Did any of the babies die at all? Whose baby was it really? Was it Ah-Duo's baby post-swap, which means it wasn't even her real child? Did she mourn the baby as her own anyway? It doesn't make sense that it was pre-swap, because here Maomao's considering the possibility that Jinshi is Ah-Duo's surviving baby.

- Does the current emperor have a younger brother? Have we seen him in the show? When Maomao refers to a "brother" in a "delicate position", is she (hypothetically) talking about Jinshi?
- How did this affect Ah-Duo's position in the Rear Palace? Why does Maomao say that this is how Ah-Duo lasted so long as a concubine?
@perseii do you want spoilers for answer or just wondering? I can answer all of these questions but these are minor spoilers from later parts of the story that won't be covered by this anime season.
Dec 16, 2023 12:33 PM

Apr 2013
Reply to BlichoBoy

@BlichoBoy The problem isn't here, it's that in this day and age, only male can be doctors, but in the rear palace, the only male allowed to enter are Eunuch. So if you have several very talented doctors in the palace but none of them are willing to get their thing cut, then you can't use any of them for the women of the rear palace. They had one really competent doctor that was an Eunuch, but they expelled him more than 15 years ago, and now they're reduced to use someone that clearly doesn't have the same level at all.
Dec 16, 2023 12:34 PM
Dec 2022
It stings my soul a little when Lishu runs in tears after Ah-Dou who was one of the few true friends she has in the palace..
Dec 16, 2023 12:35 PM

Jul 2021
Reply to Nachtwandler_21
@perseii do you want spoilers for answer or just wondering? I can answer all of these questions but these are minor spoilers from later parts of the story that won't be covered by this anime season.
@Nachtwandler_21 No spoilers, please. Thanks for the offer, though.

I was just wondering if I missed or misunderstood something in the anime up to this point. Maomao's monologue at the end of the episode was just hard to follow. If it's supposed to be confusing and vague, then so be it.

If the story does cover this stuff later, then I can wait...
Dec 16, 2023 12:39 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to perseii
@Nachtwandler_21 No spoilers, please. Thanks for the offer, though.

I was just wondering if I missed or misunderstood something in the anime up to this point. Maomao's monologue at the end of the episode was just hard to follow. If it's supposed to be confusing and vague, then so be it.

If the story does cover this stuff later, then I can wait...
@perseii Ok, this is why I askled. They gave enough explanstion for some of your questions already, you may need to rewatch lst few episodes if you got confused. But some things will be only answered much later.
Dec 16, 2023 12:44 PM

Jul 2022
ngl this keeps getting more complex with each episode
but still good
Dec 16, 2023 12:47 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, that was a lot to unravel.
Dec 16, 2023 12:49 PM
Dec 2022
Gosh the inner palace is so complex
Now i hv to go back nd read what was the matter with emperor's younger brother to be so fragile 😩

wait maybe they meant that the chikd whi was supposed to die of poison didn't die!? tf is this plothole

someone just explain to me "that explains why emperor's younger brother is fragile"
i get it why ah duo stayed so long here just for her son male mc but explain to me the line i quoted, thanks!
AsukadesuuuuDec 16, 2023 1:10 PM
Dec 16, 2023 12:50 PM
Feb 2013
I can't believe the episode was over just like that. i need MORE!
Dec 16, 2023 12:56 PM

Apr 2021
The confrontation with Fonmin was pretty tense, but unfortunately it lost a lot of momentum for me through the weekly wait. Which is acutally a big problem in serious and emotional shows.
Dec 16, 2023 12:57 PM
Oct 2021
So Jinshis being Au Duos son makes sense seeing their resemblance. That confrontation could have gone worse considering its with someone that has nothing to lose.
Dec 16, 2023 1:13 PM
Dec 2022
Asukadesuuuu said:
Now i hv to go back nd read what was the matter with emperor's younger brother to be so fragile 😩

wait maybe they meant that the chikd whi was supposed to die of poison didn't die!? tf is this plothole

someone just explain to me "that explains why emperor's younger brother is fragile"
i get it why ah duo stayed so long here just for her son male mc but explain to me the line i quoted, thanks!

ok heres what we get from internet:

The second son of the Former Emperor was conceived through Anshi's assault of him. As was the case for her first pregnancy, the boy's birth was difficult for Anshi and required the assistance of most of the royal medical staff.
Shortly after his birth, the prince was swapped in secret with his nephew Jinshi, born to his brother's consort Ah-Duo. The arrangement was made with the mutual consent of both mothers: Ah-Duo wished to ensure her son was raised with adequate medical attention, and Anshi could not bring herself to love her son due to her resentment for his father. Soon after, the boy died from poisoned honey, mistakenly fed to him by Ah-Duo's head maid, Fengming.

and about the quote i was asking about, the internet says:

He died as an infant from ingesting honey from poisonous flower, though in the official and public eye he is thought to be alive as Jinshi. He is a minor character in Kusuriya no Hitorigoto.

so for some unknown reason, the supposed ded son isnt ded
Dec 16, 2023 1:13 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to Asukadesuuuu

@Asukadesuuuu there is no plothole. We know that one child died.

The thing with imperial brother is that he rarelly shows on public and always wears a mask (citing he got burns on his face due to chilhood accident and has a bad health in general). They are trying to hide how he looks from as much people as possible.
Dec 16, 2023 1:15 PM
Dec 2022
Nachtwandler_21 said:
@Asukadesuuuu there is no plothole. We know that one child died.

The thing with imperial brother is that he rarelly shows on public and always wears a mask (citing he got burns on his face due to chilhood accident and has a bad health in general). They are trying to hide how he looks from as much people as possible.

ye but, y did maomao relate ded child nd Jinshi swap theory with younger brother weak af nd ah duo stayed long as a mom to her son Jinshi
Dec 16, 2023 1:18 PM
Oct 2016
Maomao has discovered some important information. Her investigation into Lady Ah Dou has caused some things to be questioned. Maomao confronting Fengming about what she's done in the past. A very intense scene with Maomao laying out all the things she's discovered. The faces they both made were absolutely crazy, Maomao laid it all out and made it make sense. Fengming sadly made a big mistake with that honey, feeding it to a newborn can be deadly. Fengming continued to make bad mistakes by covering up any chance of people finding out it was her fault. She even tried to poison another concubine to cover it up, Lady Lishu almost died to keep the secret honey safe. It was sad to see Fengming despair about the situation, she didn't know any better about the honey but still made a deadly mistake to someone she cared about. Maomao climbing the wall and meeting Lady Ah Dou one more time was nice. She does really look just like Jinshi, which if course makes Maomao think about the whole situation regarding her fathers dismissal from the rear palace. Maybe the babies were switched when they were born, Lady Ah Dou words lend some credence to this.
Dec 16, 2023 1:27 PM
Dec 2022
Asukadesuuuu said:
Asukadesuuuu said:

The second son of the Former Emperor was conceived through Anshi's assault of him. As was the case for her first pregnancy, the boy's birth was difficult for Anshi and required the assistance of most of the royal medical staff.
Shortly after his birth, the prince was swapped in secret with his nephew Jinshi, born to his brother's consort Ah-Duo. The arrangement was made with the mutual consent of both mothers: Ah-Duo wished to ensure her son was raised with adequate medical attention, and Anshi could not bring herself to love her son due to her resentment for his father. Soon after, the boy died from poisoned honey, mistakenly fed to him by Ah-Duo's head maid, Fengming.

He died as an infant from ingesting honey from poisonous flower, though in the official and public eye he is thought to be alive as Jinshi. He is a minor character in Kusuriya no Hitorigoto.

lemmw add from more sources about the empress dowager son after swapped, is he ded from poisoning, is he alive as emperor's younger brother rn nd weak af or(spoiler for beyond ep11 coming) ||he is emperor's eldest son|| lmao

Ka Zuigetsu (华瑞月/華瑞月, Huá Ruìyuè)

The Emperor's younger brother. Rumored to have been burned in an accident some time ago. In the present day he is rarely seen in public, and is always masked when he does show up.

Cool Mask: Wears one at all times during public appearances.

Dead Person Impersonation: If Maomao's suspicion is correct, the real Ka Zuigetsu was switched with Ah-Duo's son and accidentally poisoned as a baby.

Facial Horror: A horribly scarred face is rumored to be the reason for the mask.

Family Relationship Switcheroo: Maomao guesses the Imperial Brother actually isn't the current Emperor's sibling but his eldest child, something with the potential to utterly upend the political landscape.

Inadequate Inheritor: Considered likely to become one for the current Emperor if no further male heirs are produced.
Dec 16, 2023 1:37 PM

Sep 2009
Reply to Asukadesuuuu
Asukadesuuuu said:
Asukadesuuuu said:

lemmw add from more sources about the empress dowager son after swapped, is he ded from poisoning, is he alive as emperor's younger brother rn nd weak af or(spoiler for beyond ep11 coming) ||he is emperor's eldest son|| lmao

Ka Zuigetsu (华瑞月/華瑞月, Huá Ruìyuè)

The Emperor's younger brother. Rumored to have been burned in an accident some time ago. In the present day he is rarely seen in public, and is always masked when he does show up.

Cool Mask: Wears one at all times during public appearances.

Dead Person Impersonation: If Maomao's suspicion is correct, the real Ka Zuigetsu was switched with Ah-Duo's son and accidentally poisoned as a baby.

Facial Horror: A horribly scarred face is rumored to be the reason for the mask.

Family Relationship Switcheroo: Maomao guesses the Imperial Brother actually isn't the current Emperor's sibling but his eldest child, something with the potential to utterly upend the political landscape.

Inadequate Inheritor: Considered likely to become one for the current Emperor if no further male heirs are produced.
@Asukadesuuuu dude, stop posting random spoilers. You do not know how correct thay are and there are a lot of people here who do not want any spoilers. At least put a spoiler tag.
Dec 16, 2023 1:42 PM
Dec 2022
lmao someone is writing very huge spoiler from manga

oh well at least some people can guess it too after this episode, or maybe since episode 1

episode 12 beyond will be interesting, wonder how well they will animate the story

Anyway if youre curious and want to read the manga, this episode 11 is chapter 18
Episode 12 is chapter 19 onwards
RaidenYattaDec 16, 2023 1:46 PM
Dec 16, 2023 1:54 PM

Sep 2009
It covered up to chapter Chapter 30 of LNs is someone prefers to read the source and not the manga adaptation. Ep. 12 will cover the remaining chapter and epilogue of Vol. 1 of LN.
Dec 16, 2023 2:02 PM
Mar 2015
Our gril is very bright She figured out that Fengmng caused the baby's death and that she tried to poison the other concubine to prevent Ahdao from realizing she killed the baby Our gril offers Fengming a way out by execution for the poisoning without revealing the baby killing Aho Dao drinks to forget that two women died for her
What our gril has just found out is that the babies were switched at birth Jinshi is Ahduo's son Our gril an AhDuo spent a night drinking before she left the palace
What our gril does not know is that Jinshi has discovered it that Mao mao is related to Fengming
landofthekwtDec 16, 2023 2:14 PM
Dec 16, 2023 2:03 PM

Oct 2019
Quite an exciting and elaborate episode, and a great conclusion to the poisoning mini arc.

Did the ending suggest that Fengming had some members of her family kidnap Maomao on purpose? Perhaps to use her as leverage against her father (who might have known her secret)?
Dec 16, 2023 2:46 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, this episode is jam-packed with revelations about this series' mysteries. So it all falls into place and where Lishu fits in, where she's the key to everything so far. This episode and its revelations explained all the mysteries the series has been building up to, who the mastermind was, the motives, and so on. They even explained my burning question of why that foot-bounded servant committed suicide (initially thought to have been a murder), where she supposedly chose to take her own life by jumping into the moat for Ah-Duo's sake (where she would have been blamed for the poisoning incident, I think) with the help of Fengming assisting her suicide like a modern Canadian doctor would do today. The swap at birth was quite something else as well and would explain why Jinshi was crying when he was with Maomao at the wall, after he was just drinking with his biological mother, knowing he would likely never see her again. ...And I guess that would mean that Jinshi...must still have his family jewels, as he is not an actual eunuch if he's the real prince. His social standing as a prince would place him on par with the current emperor, supposedly being his "brother" as he was born to the previous emperor+empress dowager. But with the revelation that he's in fact, the current emperor's+Ah Duo's biological son, he would still be a prince, and crown heir. Maybe he's pretending to be a eunuch to hide the fact that he's the current emperor's real son?

I'm quite satisfied with having my unanswered questions more or less fulfilled. If there was one I didn't fully understand..., it was maybe why exactly Jinshi was looking for someone with a burn on their arm and how that relates to sending messages through colored fire. Maybe it has something to do with the brand new question at the end opening up, when Gaoshun gives Jinshi documents with how Maomao was somehow connected to Fengmin's family or her family's connections, in this case, the kidnappers. I wonder where that one will lead to. The next episode should be good.

@Nachtwandler_21

And no, she was kidnapped randomly. It is just a coincidence that her kidnappers had some deals with Fengmings family, so Jinshi has to end her contract early according to the rules (they have to remove anyone with ties to her family from the palace as a precaution).

Thanks for that clarification.
Estoy_GordoDec 16, 2023 3:03 PM
Dec 16, 2023 2:52 PM
May 2021
This ep was really good, was glued to what was happening!!
Dec 16, 2023 2:53 PM
May 2018
This show just keeps getting better and better. We got a lot of speculation and theories about our characters this episode, and all of them are pretty exciting
Dec 16, 2023 3:10 PM

Apr 2022
the head maid was looking pretty freaky there as maomao uncovers the truth again. jinshi's a clingy drunk lol.
Dec 16, 2023 3:41 PM
Aug 2020
impossible to not enjoy this beautiful episode

so the prince...

otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Dec 16, 2023 4:56 PM

Mar 2008
Ah I had a feeling it was infant botulism, though I wasnt sure if it was that or poison honey till now.

It is sort of understandable Fengming was coving up the cause of death to protect Ah Dou yet knowing a cause is actually but what was shown in the end, that wasn't the full story so the real situation is covering up an infant swap that lead to the emperor's son to die and ....I really need to start seeing family trees of everyone in this show it gets confusing after a while lol

Embient said:

I think it was that Maomao didn't feel all that sorry for her since she tried to fatally poison Lishu which just makes it like a matter of fact for her to be executed.
Dec 16, 2023 5:04 PM
Jun 2020
When i watched this episode, i got some attack on titan vibes (speciffically when it was produced by wit)
I dont know how to explain it but around the 9 min mark, i just felt the type of animation, the sequence of shots/camera angles, combined with the soundtrack, felt very AOT-esque.
Am i the only one?
Dec 16, 2023 6:31 PM

Dec 2020
this show is so quietly good
Dec 16, 2023 6:37 PM

Nov 2010
  • The vermilion flower appeared in this episode is Renge Tsutsuji. From the sub-species name, it originally is a species endemic to Japan. Wiki(J) says "Japanese beekeepers don't gather honey from the habitats of the flower or in its flowering season". Though it seems odd that honey to tempt insects has poison, the target of the poison may be animals to eat flowers.
  • So, MaoMao dared go and see the maid to cover the truth for her. She likes her to the extent to do it. Anyway, all the reasons behind the affairs in this ark were opened.
Dec 16, 2023 6:44 PM

Oct 2015
Reply to BlichoBoy

@BlichoBoy
because ancient china:tm:
only eunches can be doctors for the imperial palace
and yea
most ppl dont want their shit chopped off just to get a job that isnt as good(since imperial palace isnt as well as other jobs they could get whether outside or inside)

luohan just so happened to already be an eunch due to his family stuff before he got pulled to be a doctor and yea
jsut so happen dude was wayyyyyyyy too skilled to be one anyways

if anything sadly
the current quack in the anime is the average lvl of doctor in the imperial palace
if we go by irl china
So embarrased with Tensura fans and the fandom, how have we degraded
Dec 16, 2023 6:50 PM
Mar 2019
That was wrapped up nIcely, or was it??
Dec 16, 2023 7:09 PM

Mar 2007
She just figured out everything that was going on, by observing the under-currents and with her knowledge of medicine.

Him holding on to her while crying, that was kind of wow.

That retiring concubine really earned the loyalty and love of her servants, that's amazing.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Softhenic03 - Nov 25, 2023

173 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Jun 2, 7:50 PM

» So simple question...

ANIk_003 - May 31

20 by Phloup »»
May 31, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23

262 by ksipe »»
May 30, 12:26 AM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Softhenic03 - Oct 28, 2023

204 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Kusuriya no Hitorigoto Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KANLen09 - Oct 21, 2023

209 by wumuti »»
May 26, 7:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.