Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 16, 2023 7:28 AM

Nov 2011
Mitsumi as secretary..well I hope she can handle the responsibility. Same with Takamine as a vice president of the student council. From Takamine's side, she took it more personally as she was planning to become the student council president.

This episode took on a more serious turn compared to the others. It also highlights on the ambitions of these characters, in particular Takamine, perhaps putting too much expectations on herself. 

May 16, 2023 8:20 AM

Apr 2010
Well Mitsumi being worried about Shima getting into a relationship is somewhat justified from a friendship point of view it might put some pressure on them many girls won't like the fact that other girls are hanging out with there boyfriends.
As for a romantic point of view well it's obvious there relationship won't go anyway if Shima is dating another girl.

The student council part was a bit sad Takamine losing the position to a guy who isn't serious about it, tho she is to serious to dump the work on him.
May 16, 2023 8:55 AM

Jun 2019
I felt really bad for the vice president Takamine Senpai but I was happy that she was able to cheer up in the end. It was fun. The new president doesn't look like he's serious at all about his job. She totally deserved the president position. She was looking forward to it so much. That makes me even more mad.

The new girl in the end is a model, it seems like that. And, Shiima knows her. New development. Nice.
May 16, 2023 9:02 AM

Mar 2021
feel bad for Takamine not becoming school council president especially seeing as the guy who did become president isn't all that bothered
May 16, 2023 9:02 AM
May 2021
i know a set up for misunderstandings and awkwardness when i see one, and the introduction of that model at the end is for sure one. she also seems like a jerk, so im not looking forward to more of her next episode. i just want mitsume and shima to hang out and be cute together for crying out loud
My 2023 candies:
May 16, 2023 9:06 AM
Feb 2022
i em Still watching it means it is good
May 16, 2023 9:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The relief at clearing the finals really is something thats undeniable. Too bad that Takamine didn't get the sc prez role. But wow that was one hell of a debut work that Narumi created when he was little. The aunt's on wary mode now lol. Still Shima really is a chick magnet though. So the rush is to forge something before the summer break hit so that the lucky girl can strike when its hot huh. To think that a famous model would end up showing up at the school gate for Shima though. Thats some connection he has there.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 16, 2023 9:10 AM

Feb 2021
"100% Friend
Made in Ishikawa Prefecture" LMAOOO

Okay, I was all smiles pretty much the whole episode but the ending made me quite anxious. Shima must be dealing with a lot of stuff.
May 16, 2023 9:15 AM

Jul 2012
Takamine is a lot like Mitsumi but she's starting to loosen up. Sometimes we all just need a laugh.
May 16, 2023 9:21 AM
Sep 2015
Who can blame Mitsumi for not recognizing her when Japan has like ten thousands of celebrities.
May 16, 2023 9:23 AM
Oct 2016
Mitsumi navigating the awkwardness of high school friendships. Lots of conflicting feelings swirling around as one tries to navigate how to be friends. I didn't feel so badly for Takamine at the start of the episode but I gradually saw her side of things. At first I thought that her getting vice president while not her initial goal is still a pretty solid position to be in. However once we see the popular whom won the presidency is just gonna be there for a year and only wanted the role to impress the teachers I felt bad for Takamine. She absolutely deserves it more than someone just clout chasing. I hope her words to him improve his attitude about being a responsible student council president. Takamine had been hoping for that job since she first got to high school so I want that guy to listen to her when she sees something can be improved.

With summer break approaching everyone is asking out their crushes. Dating over summer or at least messaging each other over summer is a good step to take if you like someone. The boys are right saying that unless you know the person, them asking you out definitely means more than friends. Mitsumi didn't even consider that when she asked for Shima contact information before. Its sweet seeing him be more open with Mitsumi. They're friendship is adorable and I'm glad she asked him to go to the zoo. That mysterious model girl just showing up at the school should provide some nice drama to test their feelings for one another.
May 16, 2023 9:54 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Didn't expect a spicy ass person to show up in the end, oh boy.
May 16, 2023 9:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sad that Takamine didn't get the student council president role but well... at least Iwakura is working in the student council now. Summer is gonna be good regarding the activities for sure, wonder who that mannequin girl really is to Shima, a childhood friend?
May 16, 2023 10:02 AM

May 2020
Felt for senpai when she missed out on her chance, but hey she's learning to be a lot less uptight that way, so it works fine. For Mitsumi on the other hand, felt like she did get calm after the happenings of the last episode. Though to think what would've happened if she and Shima were in different classes and there weren't such a string of coincidences one after other, it's safe to assume Mitsumi would've suffered the same fate as those girls if she were to befriend Shima, that is a merciless rejection lol.

We booked the date for a zoo visit, but think it'd take a backseat given some unknown figure has paid her uncalled visit. Please, no drama.
May 16, 2023 10:06 AM
Dec 2020
It's about accepting past failures and not be ashamed of them. Hardworking might not always pay off but one can always learn something from failure. Takamine senpai notices the importance of building up popularity and she can learn from the new precident. It feels really good to see Takamine trys to develop new values while keeping her style at the same time. Her development is noticeable for the good as a supporting character and she keeps learning from people who are different to her. The chemistry between Mitsumi and Sousuke is so wholesome as usual, looking forward to the zoo episode!
May 16, 2023 10:08 AM

Dec 2022
is shima dense or what the man usually turns girls down but when mitsumi asked he didnt hesitated or the awkward silence Also you know i am taking about the model we saw
May 16, 2023 10:18 AM

Jan 2021
Its July and the finals are over. Mitsumi is now an student council secretary, congratulations. Kazamaki is the president while Takamine worked hard for that position and got chosen as a vice-president. Some backstory as to how Kazamaki got chosen as president and how Takamine had already everything written down on her notebook about being a president, and they hear them walking by and bragging about it, he does not deserve the position.

Takamine, Shima & Mitsumi are studying while Narumi barges through the door to show his video of how he wanted to become a director when he was little. Mitsumi is likely going back to home when the summer vacation starts. Shima being talked to by girls and they want his number but that's not it, they want Shima to love them in a romantic way but Shima turns the girl down. Another girl tries to get Shima's number and gets turn down as well, damn I almost feel bad for him. The girls gonna have a pajama party and they invite Mika along. Mitsumi just bluntly and without any thought says to Shima if they can go together to the zoo and Shima actually agreed to it. Mika eavesdropping and doesn't like it. Ririka showing up out of nowhere to see Shima and apparently she is famous on cover magazines. I really hope Ririka isn't gonna be a drag.
May 16, 2023 10:33 AM

Nov 2016
100% friend lmao. This episode had so many adorable moments again.

A potenial rival appeared. Looks like another misunderstanding or will the drama kick in for real? Can't wait to find out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 16, 2023 10:48 AM
Mar 2015
That film was really funny and helped Takamine a lot even if she is still anal
May 16, 2023 12:15 PM

Jul 2011
Thinking about the first part, would be cool see a Student Council president impeached.

That Ririka girl looks like trouble, but at same time was great she appearing, made Mika chill a little about the accidental date invite.
May 16, 2023 12:43 PM

Feb 2014
I do feel bad for Takamine, who missed out on becoming the student council president, which went to Kazamaki, so she had to settle for the vice president position. Still, it was nice to see Mitsumi doing her best to cheer Takamine up. Same goes to Narumi, who showed the two girls, plus Shima, his very first solo film had he made when he was younger. You can tell he was embarrassed in showing this film to the others, but I do have respect for him for doing that, which also helped Takamine to cheer up more.

Having said that, it's sad that a chance eavesdrop was able to help Mitsumi and Takamine learn that Kazamaki isn't all too serious about his role while talking to his friends. Despite hearing this, Takamine's newfound optimism should help her do her best in getting along with Kazamaki in her role as vice president of the student council.

Summer break is now approaching, so it was nice to see Mitsumi and the other girls all plan to get together for a sleepover at some point, amongst others things. Asking Shima to hang out with her, on the other hand, did look to be more difficult for Mitsumi, after seeing so many other girls approaching him for probably the same thing. In pure Mitsumi fashion, she blurted out the question to him without thinking things through and while she went into a mental meltdown, Shima agreed to go to the zoo with her, although with their other classmates.

While Mitsumi was busy thinking about his answer, that was when a new girl, Ririka, turned up asking for Shima by casually walking into his own classroom with permission. It turns out that she's a popular model, which took Mitsumi a long while to realise this after being shown a magazine cover featuring Ririka. Things might become spicy in the coming episodes if things end up going the way that I think it might go down and that has me rather hyped up! =D
May 16, 2023 12:44 PM

Nov 2013
Bless Mitsumi's pure heart. 
May 16, 2023 1:36 PM
Oct 2021
what a wholesome ep honestly loving this show so far it’s the right kind of light viewing for me idk just nice to have in contrast with others this season
May 16, 2023 1:57 PM

Jul 2022
i sense drama incoming
May 16, 2023 2:22 PM

Mar 2020
Another very solid episode with many great interactions between the characters, and this show just continues to excel at making each character great in their own ways. Takamine being so dedicated to her work, yet losing to someone who looks like he doesn't even really care about the Student Council is rough, but it was nice how she handled it. It's very real what she went through, that's for sure.

Mitsumi and Sousuke's relationship continues to develop, and Mitsumi obviously likes Sousuke, and it's always tough when you like someone, but don't want to possibly ruin a friendship by trying to advance to more than just friends. The status quo can feel precious, and as humans, we always want to hold on to things we hold dear, so I definitely love how Mitsumi thinks about this relationship.

I haven't read the manga, but I can tell that Sousuke's past has been quite troubling. While he's a popular person, he doesn't seem to have any genuine friends besides the guy we saw last episode, and Mitsumi. He also wears such a bright smile all the time, that I can't help but wonder how much of that is forced, and what he's going through on the inside. Perhaps that's the cost of fame that people talk about. I wonder what role that model had in his past, and I can guess she's a reason why Sousuke seems troubled. Let's hope the drama plays out nicely, I have quite a lot of faith that this show can execute it to perfection.
May 16, 2023 2:38 PM

Mar 2013
Misunderstandings route, here we go!!!

P.S. Yes you are! lol...
CrazyButNot4UMay 16, 2023 10:45 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
May 16, 2023 2:38 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Another pretty good episode, don'cha reckon?

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 16, 2023 2:42 PM

Nov 2021
Mitsumi and Shima's relationship is so cute omg. The fact that he remembered her home town friend is sweet, and clearly he sees her differently from the rest of the girls since he rejected them all. Can't wait for the next ep.
May 16, 2023 2:49 PM

Sep 2017
Ah I fucking love this show. It's just the most wholesome vibes. Doubt that this cover girl is Shima's gf but perhaps they know each other from his actor days. Prob find out next episode.
May 16, 2023 3:35 PM
Aug 2020
Once again I really enjoyed the episode, I really love all the characters, this anime is really good.
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
May 16, 2023 4:37 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Very nice Takamine bit in the first half of this episode, she sadly didn’t get voted as Student Council President since her opposition turned it into a popularity contest, but it was really sweet seeing her friends try to cheer her up, and I think the drama lad managed to do it with a film he made as a kid. That was a really cute scene and Takamine learned another valuable lesson and began applying it immediately using her handy dandy notebook once again, but for a different purpose this time.

And summer break is nearly upon us, both in the show and real life for those in school lol, and this means making plans with friends which Mitsumi did, but that ended up leading to some new interesting drama with Shima and a new girl we’ve never seen before. Her relation to Shima is hidden for now but I have a feeling she’s either someone he’s acted with before or his sister or cousin, either way I’m interested in finding out for sure.
May 16, 2023 4:46 PM

May 2019
It's a shame that Takamine didn't get the president position but maybe she will get it on her 3rd year as it sounded like the guy isn't going to run again. It's a life lesson whereas things don't always work out as planned. I'm glad she was able to accept the (hopefully temporary) loss.

TheColonel76 said:
And summer break is nearly upon us, both in the show and real life for those in school lol, and this means making plans with friends which Mitsumi did, but that ended up leading to some new interesting drama with Shima and a new girl we’ve never seen before. Her relation to Shima is hidden for now but I have a feeling she’s either someone he’s acted with before or his sister or cousin, either way I’m interested in finding out for sure.

Agreed about this new girl, that it may not be his girlfriend. In fact, the way she sounded when checking out Mitsumi, Shima probably either rejected her or is a relative and told her that he has a female friend now.
May 16, 2023 5:44 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
viperhc said:
It's a shame that Takamine didn't get the president position but maybe she will get it on her 3rd year as it sounded like the guy isn't going to run again. It's a life lesson whereas things don't always work out as planned. I'm glad she was able to accept the (hopefully temporary) loss.

TheColonel76 said:

Agreed about this new girl, that it may not be his girlfriend. In fact, the way she sounded when checking out Mitsumi, Shima probably either rejected her or is a relative and told her that he has a female friend now.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, it seems like that’s what it’s leaning toward but I’m sure a misunderstanding is gonna spawn from this anyway lol.
May 16, 2023 5:47 PM
Jul 2022
I loved this episode!
May 16, 2023 6:04 PM
Oct 2022
Made in ishikawa prefecture lmao
May 16, 2023 6:14 PM

Mar 2016
This is a coming of age not a romance drama, this is a coming of age not a romance drama, this is a coming of age not a romance drama... I'll keep repeating that myself, or is she Shimas's sister? Yeah, maybe it is that, I mean they don't look alike but who knows.

...Manga readers, what chapter do I have to look?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

May 16, 2023 6:42 PM
Mar 2023
I hope that when they visit the zoo it becomes clear what happens with the model they showed at the end, if she is related to Shima for work or they are family etc, or if she is taking other steps while Mitsumi is excited, let's pray for the best of the cases
May 16, 2023 7:04 PM

Nov 2009
All this talk of drama...I'm fully expecting this new chick to be his sister or maybe even his aunt or mother. The new chick seemed to recognize Mitsumi, perhaps from a description given at home? And yes she's wearing a school uniform but it could have just been a photo shoot.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
May 16, 2023 7:25 PM

Apr 2022
feel for takamine but i'd be lying if i said i didn't laugh when the new president was laughing about walking all over everyone lmao.
mitsumi's reaction when she accidentally asked out shima tho. and we got a new chick who seems to be a model, although her mouth looks weird.
May 16, 2023 7:48 PM

Nov 2022
Man I bet this sister or cousin is going to ruin their zoo date and or entire summer break. Or hopefully helps push Shima into acknowledging his feelings for Iwakura
May 16, 2023 8:07 PM

May 2016
man, this anime gives off so much kimi no todoke vibes

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
MAL Graph

May 16, 2023 8:12 PM

Jul 2017
It's July, and Mitsumi feels good being appointed as the student council's secretary to focus on her grand goal.

With the Student Council and its new (vice)-president of 2nd Year Tokiko Takamine with its actual president Hiroto Kazakami, the all-new team is raring to go. Kanechika is also involved in the roundtable discussions, and despite Takakmine losing out on the president position, it's still a pain that wrecks her heart initially being the clear favorite to win. But with Kazakami, he's clearly the favorite to win being Shima-like famous and popularity, and from the outside, Takamine seems too serious for someone that wants to stand out in the most particular of ways. In many a way, Mitsumi sees herself in Takamine. The study session which involves Takamine, Mitsumi, Shima and Kanechika himself, he shows them a video of his past 5th grade filming, and it looks professional albeit at an amateur level...which he's obviously embarrassed while trying to explain his film. Obviously, this is his intention to cheer Takamine up and clear her air, which thankfully the intention got across to her to relax more.

Summer break is soon, and Nao sure in intrigued about Shima now since he pops up on mouth quite a lot. The walk to school is like the norm, though there's a new player on the block: the Madonna of the 2nd Years, Yagi, that also wants to impress Shima. The girls wanting a sleepover session, and it's just casual friendship. Both Mitsumi and Shima continuing on their friendship talk about the zoo during summer break, though she unconsciously slipped that she wants to go with him, just the two of them on a date, though Mitsumi is thinking that he's friend-zoning her, which Egashira just so happens to overhear them. But a girl trying to find Shima, and he freaks out, because it's Ririka, a famous model.

What exactly is Shima's relation to Ririka?
May 16, 2023 8:16 PM

May 2022
This show is perfect.
May 16, 2023 8:22 PM
Nov 2020
Things are getting really interesting! :>
May 16, 2023 9:21 PM

Oct 2022
She's a model so maybe her and Shima met in the past when he was in showbiz. I hope she won't be mean to Mitsumi
UndefeatedBahamut
May 16, 2023 9:36 PM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
It’s unfortunate for Takamine-senpai, but she simply lacks the charisma and popularity to compete with someone like Kazakami for votes.
May 16, 2023 9:53 PM

Jan 2021
I know that Kanechika is a good person but seeing that scene again only made me realize even more that Kanechika really is a good person. Glad to see Takamine can be more relaxed and open up to many things. Her summer agenda is so cute!

May 16, 2023 10:17 PM
Apr 2023
Mitsumi now a secretary and finding experience in the school council and building more friendship with the still vice president.

I had to lol at Mitsumi when she had that freudian slip but good thing Shima is game for it.
Looks like a new character enters the fray too.
May 16, 2023 10:32 PM

Oct 2022
have a bad feeling about this Ririka character, as though a serious obstacle to Mitsumi just manifested itself.
May 16, 2023 10:42 PM

Dec 2022
Lovin everythin that's goin on this episode. A bit sad for Takamine-senpai ofc who just lost the election; something she'd been really devoting herself towards real time. But then again, it's disappointment and failure that acts as the best catalyst for exponential growth, which is why we're already seein her takin measures to improve herself as a perosn, by workin on her flaws. You REALLY love to see this sorta stuff.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2023

236 by anii_squid »»
Sep 4, 10:42 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2023

135 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 21, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2023

140 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 20, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2023

174 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Skip to Loafer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2023

210 by addictedtoliving »»
Jul 19, 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.