Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Shadows House
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 22, 2021 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Emilico is like a little detective this episode. Kinda cute imo.

I kinda like Shaun and her chemistry this episode. They work together to solve this case while Kate is inside that cage. Emilico is actually more clever than I had thought in this show.
May 22, 2021 10:26 AM
Jul 2018
damn this was another really nice episode, love the mystery in this anime, trying to get your head around and solve all these problems is so much fun to watch! some cool and wholesome teamwork between emiliko and the others, some quite interesting stuff with lou and ricky too lol... cant wait to see what'll happen next, hopefully it all turns out well and they make it past the debut!
May 22, 2021 10:29 AM

Jun 2019
Seeing Lou falling like that gave me a scare. I'm glad she's fine. I'm feeling that Ricky has feelings for her or at least he cares about her to patch her up. Patrick is scared but full of pride as well that he won't be rescued by Emilico. Such a sweetheart she is.

There are some creepy shadows there who wish to eliminate the dolls. At least, Emilico is with Shaun and Lam for now. Sunshine really compliments Emilico and really suits her for how optimistic and cheerful she is. Even John admits that Emilico is cute. But, she was really smart too, the way she figured out where all of them were trapped with just those dot lines on the map. They work together quite nicely.

"Don't feel Blue, Have an orange" - Emilico
May 22, 2021 10:45 AM
Sep 2015
They're so cute when they work together. Though I really want to see Shadow's real face, particularly in the upper house.
May 22, 2021 10:47 AM

Jan 2011
Patrick being tsundere as always. Lou being sexual as always. OK episode, the manga is better.
May 22, 2021 10:59 AM

Apr 2018
Emilico is getting smarter and smarter, same goes for Rum. Didn't know she was capable of doing such things. And Shaun deciphering the map at the end.
They're an amazing trio, rescue kate asap!

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 22, 2021 11:02 AM

Oct 2017
Sunshine really is the perfect nickname for Emilico but luckily the stuff she does becomes quite helpful. Her being nice to Patrick was sweet. The later half with John was amusing and wow who knew Rum would be so amazing.
May 22, 2021 11:02 AM

Feb 2020
Nice team work! Emilico was a true detective in this episode.
May 22, 2021 11:14 AM

Jan 2021
I was scared, thank goodness Lou is safe. I wouldn't have liked that kiss to happen....
Finally the three friends get together, they make a really grat team. Rum surprised me a lot 0.0
Very good episode (≧◡≦)
May 22, 2021 11:18 AM

Feb 2017
Shaun: How you know what John meant?

Shaun the answer is right in front of you, they both think alike.
May 22, 2021 11:41 AM

Jul 2017
Well, this incomplete map, more than being orchestrated by the Shadows Family themselves, is a real doozy and a nightmare for both Living Dolls and Shadow masters. This definitely felt like Goblin of Fire levels of maze hoo-dickery.

Thank goodness that Lou is alive after that sudden fall from a cliff, but low-key would've wanted that kiss to happen between her and Ricky.

Detective Sunshine Emilico and her adventures are a real treat this episode, encountering every found Shadow master, meeting Living Dolls among the way (Rum and Shaun), and discerning traps. NGL, this felt like a Pokémon adventure to find their Shadow masters and reconcile with them, without the possibility of ruining them with soot.

John's conversation felt funny though, as is the conversation with Kate over marriage last episode, oh how the heart fonders.

Pretty fun to see the 3 most deemed low-tiered Living Dolls work better and cooperatively, the Shadows Family and Edward must be fuming when they hear this news. Amazing friendship these 3 have, and it's time to save their individual Shadow masters.
May 22, 2021 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
Man.. i love the personalities of these shadows.. i originally thought that they were going to be some form of horror element but no.. that's not the case.. even the mastermind Shadows have some degraded form of humor. I wish we had some screen time for Miss Kate..
May 22, 2021 12:22 PM

Nov 2013
great episode, i love seeing them together and im glad john and shaun found each other, now it's time for mistress kate!
May 22, 2021 12:31 PM

May 2018
Some of the mysterious elements seemed to be too conveniently solved.
May 22, 2021 12:31 PM
Feb 2021
Lol, Shaun and Lou fucking died
May 22, 2021 12:35 PM

May 2018
Wow, they solved the labyrinth (with the hidden hints they found and I guess being on the night shift prepared them for teamwork)...but how about the keys?
Can they turn back, take the keys and distribute them all over the labyrinth in only 50 minutes?

It's a rhetorical question, please give no answer!
alshuMay 22, 2021 12:40 PM
May 22, 2021 12:38 PM

Jun 2019
Not much really stood out in this episode. It was nice to see Patrick develop to respect Emilico some more and to learn some more about the ways higher shadows manipulate soot.

Something interesting that I noticed was that the higher shadows are not using their faces in this meeting. Maybe they only use them when the House Master can see them.
May 22, 2021 12:40 PM
Feb 2021
wow i'm impressed by ram! she needs more love :)

avenderlMay 22, 2021 12:49 PM
May 22, 2021 3:27 PM

Jun 2017
I liked the puzzles. Also didn't expect Ram to be a silent genius, I had no idea how she would pass but this will be likely the reason then. Is anyone gonna fail at all? Seems questionable at this point. (unless they can't clean John's clothes...)

Lmao at Lou for shutting up Ricky for good with the "is my face hurt" part, that was gold.
May 22, 2021 4:11 PM

Sep 2020
When Emilyko and John collide fun scenes are bound to happen.
May 22, 2021 4:54 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, so thats the other Shadows whose controlled the pawn and telling their location above the map, while the other one created a pigeon to sent the message to Edward. Interesting. Rum and Ricky moment. Idk what should i react about them. Well, Lou forehead was indeed shining af, though, glad to had her alright. Shadow Patrick more personality revealed, as Emilico successfully reached his crate position. He looked very dependent to Ricky and sad while he wasn't around, oh well. At least he got some good words to Emilico, and hope you can be found out by Ricky, later on.

Back to the triad dolls, they were solving much riddle along the way together, and cleared out the incomplete map trouble with a great resolution. Everyone seemed capable enough to solved the puzzle, using their brains together, unexpectedly to the Rum case. Orange fruit got a good use, to give them a hint about the elevation of the labyrinth garden. Idk whats the exact deal with the carriage except just to carried out the lot of flowers, oranges, and another idk stuff. Well, maybe its important to carried Shirley from that chair, or even Kate, i dunno.

Well, in short, they finally spotted on the amusing shadow, John, and chose a different path in front of them to saved their own shadow master. So, yeah, hope y'all can make it through the end!

Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 22, 2021 5:48 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Probably my favorite episode due to the problem solving done. Very nice character interaction and I still like the artwork of the garden. Good overall work!!
May 22, 2021 6:27 PM

Nov 2010
Although it's still (unavoidably!?) shady, things have gotten refreshing since the stage came to the open air maze garden from inside the dark and musty building. Also it feels good to look at character's personalities from favorable angles.
May 22, 2021 7:42 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This series has truly kept me hooked and I'm really eager to watch the next episode already. Very fun character interactions and I'm loving the puzzle-solving aspects in the garden labyrinth. Well done.

Emilico remains as bubbly and optimistic as ever. That's what I like about her. :)
May 22, 2021 8:36 PM

Dec 2020
ricky getting flustered at lou, patrick feeling comforted by emilico, and more interactios between the night shift trio+john. we also got to see the adult shadows more, and more soot powers
May 22, 2021 9:01 PM
Apr 2021
i'm nanga reader so i know what is going to happen, but still this got me so hype, i'm really glad they're adapting this so well, this episode specifically was sooo good, it's really a shame that we have to wait a week for the next episode, but it's worth the wait
pd: I really love all the interactions between the characters, Lou is so funny, Patrick, Emiliko and Ramu are so sweet, Shaun and John are so themselves, love them all.
seba_kingsMay 22, 2021 9:05 PM
May 22, 2021 9:02 PM

Jul 2011
As always a good episode, but this maze episodes are giving me anxiety.

I seriously want to know how Kate & Emiilco will pass, now we know that the high-level Shadows that planned their failure.

Emilico just become friends even with the most bothersome of the 5 Shadows. Her personality is a simple spell but quite unbreakable
May 22, 2021 10:45 PM
Jul 2020
Another 5/5 episode.

I don't understand why this anime is so underrated, its so goood
May 23, 2021 2:11 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode! Severe lack of Kate though. Patrick and Ricky are tsunderes lmao, I thought they were just pure dicks before, but they actually have layers to them. Lou really only just cares about her face for her master, kinda sad that she's not thinking about anything else. She's pretty much the perfect "doll".

Emilico a bundle of sunshine as always, even Patrick is no match. It's really nice to see the 3 friends together and helping each other. And of course Emilico can understand John lmao, they're kind of similar. Didn't expect Rum to be very smart, it's just her introvertedness holding her back. Really looking forward to the next episode and we might find out more about Shirley.
May 23, 2021 3:46 AM
Jun 2020
Loving this show, it was great to see Rum surprising everyone.
May 23, 2021 5:58 AM

Jun 2016
god damned , emilico is so bright and adorable also super cute characteristic . .

May 23, 2021 6:02 AM

Mar 2019
The more I watch, the more I like Shaun and even John right now. This is getting better each episode and the interactions between the characters is so wholesome.
May 23, 2021 7:25 AM

Jun 2014
Emilico really manages to remain super wholesome no matter what kind of situation she finds herself in. Her "Sunshine" nickname suits her quite perfectly. All of the character interactions in this episode were fun to watch, and hopefully Emilico and Rum can find their masters soon.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

May 23, 2021 7:32 AM

Jul 2014
And so continues the twists and turns of the debut. It's starting to become more of a puzzle now as the two groups - Emilico, Rum and Shaun's group and Patrick and Lou - work their way through the open-air labyrinth to try to find and save their masters from confinement without allowing them to dirty their clothes like John has already done. It may have been done by chance, but it was clever to figure out that putting the map near fire would end up showing the elevation of the maze.

Big flags at the end that things will not end well for Shaun and John at all once the debut is over.
May 23, 2021 8:42 AM

Jul 2016
Another build up episode for the debut arc. The puzzle part is nice, it shows how Emilico, Rim and Shaun shine on their teamwork and their dynamics as a character. John doing his my pace thing is always good.

The other part about Ricky and Lou is nice as well. Liked the Patrick and Emilico scene. Overall another great episode, to the next episode

May 23, 2021 9:32 AM

Nov 2019
ForzaItaliano said:
Some of the mysterious elements seemed to be too conveniently solved.

Mysterious elements? You mean the labyrinths and mazes hints and clues? They aren't mysterious at all, just all part of their debut obstacles, and I didn't see any super convenient solving, one actions leads to another, it took each of the three's action to lead to the conclusion thus solving them, and these dolls are like extremely conditioned to be worried at their masters hence they're racking up their brains for this even if Emilico might not look the part

The only thing I find convenient was the puzzle keys they got from the cookie, Emilico literally speedrun it ALONE, unlike now it took Shaun, Rum and Emilico's inputs to lead them into a conclusion, so yeah except for that cookies puzzle key, everything else ain't super convenient imo
May 23, 2021 9:40 AM

Jan 2015
Such a good episode once again. I love the debut so much

and god damn, what was that look at the end. Rum don’t be a bitch and don’t fuck it up
May 23, 2021 11:00 AM

Jan 2011
alshu said:
Wow, they solved the labyrinth (with the hidden hints they found and I guess being on the night shift prepared them for teamwork)...but how about the keys?
Can they turn back, take the keys and distribute them all over the labyrinth in only 50 minutes?

Keys? they only need to find their shadow master and bring them back to the start.
May 23, 2021 11:19 AM
Jul 2018
the plan to save the shadows seems to be very difficult, very cautious and really interesting, I hope it explains the real reason behind these events.
May 23, 2021 1:04 PM

Jul 2020
This was a really fun episode to watch.

Patrick was perfectly correct when he said 'Sunshine' is the perfect nickname for Emilico. Emilico was extremely cute in this episode, and it was really entertaining for me to watch.
May 23, 2021 1:04 PM

May 2018
Verty_ said:
alshu said:

Keys? they only need to find their shadow master and bring them back to the start.

My impression is that their masters are locked in boxes and cages...also there were keys between the objects "puppets" could pick before entering the labyrinth...my guess is those can unlock said boxes and cages.
May 23, 2021 3:02 PM

Mar 2020
This episode was really good, this series is getting better each episode. I hope we'll get a season 2 once it ends.
check out odd taxi
May 23, 2021 6:57 PM

Jan 2010
This chapter was great, I'm loving their interactions, like emilico with patrick, ricky with lou, the trio meeting jonh who in the end is such a funny guy.

Shirley in the next chapter I hope, she is the one we know less of the main shadows.
May 23, 2021 8:08 PM

Jul 2016
Not gonna lie, this episode was actually pretty good. Emilico's super cheerful personality wasn't annoying at all and to my surprise, she and Rum ended up being quite helpful when it came to solve the labyrinth's quests.
Character interactions between our "night shift trio" were also quite nice. Sweet when they were helping each other and pretty amusing once John joined them.
May 23, 2021 11:19 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
They're understanding the "game" better now, too bad that John's clothes are full of soot, but now Lam and Emilico are going to save their masters, I hope it will not be problematic.
May 31, 2021 1:00 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
This thread has been cleaned.

Please keep the conversation civil and on topic. Please use profile comments or PMs for lengthy one on one conversations that may clutter the thread and veer it off-topic.
anime-primeJun 1, 2021 12:18 AM
Jun 3, 2021 1:28 AM

Mar 2009
This arc has been excellent. Really elevated this show.
Jun 8, 2021 7:03 AM

Oct 2007
nice, Emilico gained the respect of Patrick. He was holding the flower even after they left.

her friendly personality does a good effect on others.
Jun 27, 2021 9:30 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm it doesn't seem like they will make it. kinda nice to see them all get along I can't lie.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 30, 2021 6:10 AM

Jun 2013
I feel like the episodes keep getting better and better. I'm thinking Patrick has a crush on Emilico but his doll, Ricky has a bit of a crush on Lou. They're all so cute and John must've his his head when he was created by their grandfather.
臭い-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2021

128 by Karva1 »»
Mar 31, 4:48 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

148 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 12:45 AM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 10, 2021

190 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:58 PM

» I hate Barbie For Eternity.

KhoaVN - Oct 27, 2023

9 by ichihito »»
Nov 9, 2023 4:28 PM

Poll: » Shadows House Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2021

125 by _kukiyomenai »»
Jul 15, 2023 6:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.