Forum Settings
Forums

How hard for you to decide what anime to watch next from your PTW list?

New
Nov 25, 2020 3:49 PM

Apr 2020
Since I only add Not Yet Aired anime in my PTW list... I'm curious.

I saw many users who find hard what anime they should watch next form their Plan to Watch list. I don't know how confusing is it so I want to know. Like, how long do you take to decide, do you have a basis on choosing what to watch next, or is it often for you being confused deciding what anime to watch next.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2020 3:55 PM

Apr 2020
I watch sequels first and then a series that I haven't watched. I watch seasonals too.
Nov 25, 2020 3:55 PM
Jun 2020
I scroll through the list and the most striking cover image is the chosen one.

From 1 to 10, I'd say a good ol' 3.
Nov 25, 2020 3:56 PM

Jul 2020
I just watch whatever is recommended to me. Otherwise if something catches my eye, I will watch that.
Nov 25, 2020 3:57 PM

Apr 2020
From a scale from 0 to 10, it's 11. Sometimes the anime on PTW list don't match my current mood, so I just pick any I liked the name or just pass another weekend watching nothing.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Nov 25, 2020 3:58 PM
Jul 2018
That doesn't happen to me since my PTW is 90% not yet aired. The other 5% are like movies which can't be watched yet (no BDs etc.). The last 5% are like some titles I can't find subs yet or some entries I added recently on my ptw.
Nov 25, 2020 3:59 PM

Apr 2020
Seasonal animes pretty much rotted my whole PTW list. But if I take that out, here's my style.

It pretty much goes down to what you really want to watch at this point of time, then you should watch that immediately. If you really like the series, then check the OVA's and sequels. And you pretty much one by one sweep your PTW list. It's really not that hard unless you dont have an interest to the show in your list.
Nov 25, 2020 4:01 PM

Apr 2020
xamantra said:
That doesn't happen to me since my PTW is 90% not yet aired. The other 5% are like movies which can't be watched yet (no BDs etc.). The last 5% are like some titles I can't find subs yet or some entries I added recently on my ptw.

That's the same as my PTW list, except "The last 5% are like some titles I can't find subs yet or some entries I added recently on my ptw."
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2020 4:02 PM

Jan 2019
Personally, my PTW list would be so long it would intimidate the heck out of me so I don’t use it. I’m willing to watch just about any anime (given it’s not rated R or hentai) so my queue increases on a daily basis. Lol

I usually watch whatever I’m in the mood for, typically a specific genre. A lot of times I’ll purposely switch to a show with drastically different tone than the one I just watched to spice things up a bit. Although, I usually have a plan to watch a certain show next but then, once it’s time to watch it, I’ll pick something completely different in a spur of the moment decision.

Lastly, moods don’t affect me that much, any anime can be enjoyable regardless of genre. Even if I’m not feeling a particular genre at the moment, say SOL for instance, it might take an episode or two but, if it’s a good series, I’ll enjoy it whether I’m feeling it or not. :)
Nov 25, 2020 4:02 PM
Sep 2020
It's not that hard. I just pick the ones that are done Airing and my favorite Genre is Romance, so it's an easy pick.
Nov 25, 2020 4:06 PM

Mar 2019
I have to use a random number generator to pick. I can't do it on my own.
Nov 25, 2020 4:15 PM

Mar 2018
AniMarter said:

And here I thought I was actually the only one doing this.
Like, all of PTW shows go in the generator and spit out what I should watch, fate! Sometimes it loves me and there are times it hates me... sigh
There is a small chance I actually just pick something from my PTW without using a generator.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Nov 25, 2020 4:22 PM
Twintail Expert

Feb 2019
Extremely hard. Sometimes I already have an idea of what I wanted to watch next, but if not then choice paralysis is very common and nothing looks appealing to watch.
Nov 25, 2020 4:23 PM

Jul 2020
I have an order I plan on watching all of my stuff in my PTW, mostly when I decided to watch it I put it at the end of my queue.
Nov 25, 2020 4:27 PM

Feb 2018
I watch anime based on the best cover, at least it has a pretty girl I will watch it for sure. Except for shoujo, because that's not my type.

sometimes I get confused with my PTW lists, lol.
Nov 25, 2020 4:29 PM

Oct 2019
Sometimes I don't even go to my PTW and just search through other anime recommendations.
Nov 25, 2020 4:30 PM

Aug 2019
I’ve just been watching shows that have a sequel coming up, but most of the time I watch stuff if I see a clip online and it piques my interest
Nov 25, 2020 4:32 PM

Mar 2020
KazumaNagato said:

I don't know how confusing is it so I want to know. Like, how long do you take to decide

It usually takes me 10 minutes to decide. If 10 minutes already passed I'll just use a number generator.

Nov 2019
I usually already think about what to watch next during my current watch though it always changes mainly due to my mood.

Aug 2017
Pretty damn difficult because there is so many options... but I choose whatever I'm in the mood for.
Nov 25, 2020 4:34 PM

Apr 2020
AniMarter said:
Koito91 said:
AniMarter said:

And here I thought I was actually the only one doing this.
Like, all of PTW shows go in the generator and spit out what I should watch, fate! Sometimes it loves me and there are times it hates me... sigh
There is a small chance I actually just pick something from my PTW without using a generator.
UsuallyExpected said:
KazumaNagato said:

I don't know how confusing is it so I want to know. Like, how long do you take to decide

It usually takes me 10 minutes to decide. If 10 minutes already passed I'll just use a number generator.

Wow, I've never thought generators can be used for picking an anime to watch. I learned something, thanks.
Nov 25, 2020 4:36 PM

Aug 2018
I can't pick anything myself to save my life so I just put in the number of entries I have on PTW list into a random generator to pick for me. If it is not aired yet or ongoing I skip it and find something finished to watch.

【 𝐃𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 】
【 𝐒𝐞𝐭 𝐁𝐲 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐱𝐦𝐨𝐜𝐡𝐢 】
⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆
If you don't know how to live on,
then live on for me

如果不知要怎麼話下去, 那就為了我而話下去吧

Nov 25, 2020 4:40 PM
May 2015
I pretty much created a new PTW list for mine since I've lost interest in about 95% of the anime on my PTW list and it's going to take me hours just to delete most of them. The anime that I am still interested in watching; I put tags on them so it's easier for me to decide what to watch next.

Nov 25, 2020 4:43 PM

Mar 2019
KazumaNagato said:
Wow, I've never thought generators can be used for picking an anime to watch. I learned something, thanks.

Assign each anime in question a number. Then roll them dice.
Nov 25, 2020 4:45 PM

Jan 2016
Not very. I usually have a pretty good idea of what shows I want to get to next, and even if that ends up changing before I get to it, that usually means it was replaced by something else I want to get to. Usually I tend to figure what I'm in the mood for and I usually have at least one show of that variety that I plan to get to soon
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Nov 25, 2020 4:59 PM

Aug 2018
It isn't that hard for me, as long as the anime looks mildly interesting.
Nov 25, 2020 5:03 PM

Dec 2008
I don't think it has anything to do with being hard. I'm just lazy to watch.

lol... Lazy to Watch (LTW). That should be added in MAL lists.
Nov 25, 2020 8:39 PM

Aug 2010
Not that hard since I never have too many titles on my PTW list, only a couple of times I can't decide between 2-3 titles, and when that happen I usually make a poll on Twitter and watch whichever get the most votes. I never thought of using the random number generator, I might do that next time I'm in a dilemma.

I have a harder time choosing what to watch when my PTW is empty.
Nov 25, 2020 8:41 PM

Aug 2019
Random number generator!
I'm not joking.
Nov 25, 2020 8:45 PM

May 2020
Half the time I start something that isn't even in my ptw just something i heard of recently lmao
Nov 26, 2020 12:12 AM

Aug 2016
Not at all, considering I use a random number generator to choose for me, but I do keep around 1 cheat anime where I just choose something and I never really have any problems choosing that either. I typically know what kind of anime I want to watch depending on the mood I'm in.
Nov 26, 2020 12:23 AM

May 2016
it got a lot easier ever since i drop without hesitation
Nov 26, 2020 1:28 AM
Jan 2020
I made mine way too big. I make other people choose for me
Nov 26, 2020 1:29 AM

Sep 2020
it's pretty easy, but I will usually ask friends if i'm confused
Nov 26, 2020 1:32 AM
May 2020
I just watch them by name. first from letter a then b and so on.
Nov 26, 2020 1:33 AM

Dec 2007
i'm usually using the PTW to download finished series, so i usually use the PTW to see what i would like to get now and get it...
Nov 26, 2020 1:40 AM
Jun 2020
It’s hard af ngl, and honestly I mostly now for example have them in on-hold or cw. It depends on my mood, I can not watch a show I don’t have a mood for no matter how god could it be. I always watch a few shows at a time, so, if I have a mood for sol, I watch some sol+shounen, action, supernatural. I also don’t really feel like watching shows with similiar vibes at the same time. Yeah, it is indeed pretty hard for me sometimes
Nov 26, 2020 1:46 AM
Sep 2019
Sometimes it's very difficult to pick a series to watch. But right now I have a line of anime to watch so I'm good for now.
Nov 26, 2020 1:46 AM
Jun 2020
fll said:
it got a lot easier ever since i drop without hesitation
Bruh, I see that u’ve dropped Bakemonogatari, come back to it, I swear to god. It’s extremely slow at the beginning, there’s a lot of cases, you haven’t even gotten to Hanekawa’s, Kanbaru’s and Nadeko’s case doe it’s all in this only 15 eps show. Honestly, u haven’t even gotten to any actual case. I didin’t like it at all after 3 eps or 4 at all. I started liking it after ep 7 and then when it continued, I loved it a lot. The same thing was with my newcomer weeb friend I recommended Monogatari to. It’s my second fav series after Kuroshitsuji anyways. So pls watch it, then Kizumonogatari etc. It only has 15 episodes :((
Nov 26, 2020 1:49 AM

Jun 2019
I find it hard to decide. Sometimes i find myself sitting at my laptop for ages trying to decide between a few shows, yesterday it was JoJo Stardust Crusaders Egypt or Dog Days S2, i went with JoJo in the end, but it took me a while to decide.

Now I try and plan what I'm going to watch next before I finish, discounting seasonal shows. I've also got a list of 90's fantasy and sci-fi (Slayers, Utena, Captain Tylor, Harlock) and sequels (Dog Days, Bokuben, Kamisama Kiss, Kaminomi, Strike the Blood) I'm planning to watch, so I'll work my way through that list.
Nov 26, 2020 2:20 AM

Mar 2014
KazumaNagato said:
Since I only add Not Yet Aired anime in my PTW list... I'm curious.

Lol me too. I add other anime on anime-planet as well, but they're not that important.
Nov 26, 2020 2:28 AM

Jun 2020
so hard that i don't even end up picking from the PTW list, i find something new, and then the cycle repeats. it never ends
Nov 27, 2020 6:49 AM

Jun 2017
It's not hard when I don't have the time to watch them
Nov 27, 2020 7:42 AM

Aug 2019
It's difficult enough that I use a site that lets me make a custom wheel of fortune instead of actually doing it myself, because that would take forever.
Nov 27, 2020 7:46 AM
May 2009
I check the seasonal list, and see what I haven't seen and see if the genre is what I am in the mood for, I usually check 1 year from the current as they will be complete.
Nov 27, 2020 7:51 AM

Sep 2008
I'm one of those who asked.
I had a good reason for it as well.
I know what I want to watch and download all shows I can beforehand.
however, it piles up over time and the names stop meaning anything.

the reason I asked was because I got fed up with how trash the animation and art are this season. so I wanted to watch something with great art because it's more than disheartening by now. this isn't something I can decide just by looking at the cover and reading the synopsis.

hope it makes sense now.
nyugvo6Nov 27, 2020 7:54 AM
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Dec 31, 2020 3:16 AM

Jul 2016
Extremely hard. Indecisiveness is my biggest problem.
Dec 31, 2020 11:00 PM

Aug 2017
It's not hard since I don't watch my PTW lol.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 31, 2020 11:17 PM

Feb 2019
very... very hard... then I decide to watch something new that I haven't added yet

"A Plan to Watch list is there to grow and never decrease"

『ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ-ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜰɪʀᴇ』

Then her jaw slackened as she muttered out.
[I... am the bi◼️?]

☽ † ☾
- ᴅᴇʟɪᴠᴇʀɪᴇꜱ
- ꜱɪɢ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴᴛᴡɪɢ

Dec 31, 2020 11:43 PM

Jun 2020
I plan out the next few anime I will watch and their order. So if I deviate from the plan, I watch what I want to or if I stick to it, I never get stuck choosing my next anime

Does this make sense?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What's the biggest outlier in your favorite series or character list?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

20 by Ratris_Decision »»
4 minutes ago

» Popular and acclaimed anime that you do not understand the hype of?

Semester1 - 1 hour ago

7 by Spunkert »»
4 minutes ago

» Have you ever started a new hobby or activity because of anime?

Lhundrup - Yesterday

25 by KodomoKomodo »»
7 minutes ago

» Why are prudes trying to censor anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 5 hours ago

30 by Dauphine »»
8 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect. ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - May 21

99 by Gashadokur0 »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.