Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 3 Discussion

New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 18, 2020 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Katarina is becoming like a romantic in this show, at least with her character behavior. She still has her Fortune Lover imaginations in her head. I'm pretty sure this anime will have any least one of these segments every episode at this rate.

It's nice that she got invited to a tea party though so she can develop more connections with others. It's also cute to see Katarina present herself as a proper lady to the adults and princes.
Stark700Apr 18, 2020 10:52 AM
Apr 18, 2020 10:56 AM

Feb 2019
Another Saturday means more Bakarina.

We’ve got our 4th romantic interest brewing with the introduction of Nicol and Sophia. Really thought it was sweet how Katarina cheered her up. Seeing them bond over their shared love of romance novels is adorable.

Wowww, timeskip Katarina is absolutely stunning

“Oh that was a bug” lmaoo. Keith coming over to wipe the hickie off had me dead.

Another great episode. Flew by so quickly tho. Seems like the real show will start from episode 4 on with her getting ready to go into the magic academy and reliving the game. Can’t wait.

Also, is Nicol’s seiyuu Kirito and bell? That voice sounds super familiar
Apr 18, 2020 11:06 AM

Aug 2013
Fun episode.

It was good to see that Katarina was able to be friends with Sophia. The way Katarina unintentionally scared those bullies away was funny.

So we have a timeskip in this episode were celebrated her 15th birthday.

Marinate1016 said:

Also, is Nicol’s seiyuu Kirito and bell? That voice sounds super familiar

Same voice actor.

Apr 18, 2020 11:09 AM

Mar 2010
Damn I hope all that hard work to befriend everyone doesn't back fire but man is jealousy a bitch, better watch out for them manwhores.

But who is best boy? or how about best girl? ditch them men lolz

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 18, 2020 11:10 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice they're finally old ! I was waiting for this moment, I guess the story begins now
Apr 18, 2020 11:14 AM

May 2014
I like how they included the LN moment between Alan and Gerald! And they even tried to go a little more into detail with Nicol's character (who I feel gets severely ignored in the manga).

But this episode feels kinda rushed. The previous episodes so far adapted 2 chapters of the manga per episode, but this one does 3 chapters. And they didn't mention 2 significant details about Katarina's engagement (maybe they'll mention it later in the anime but this stuff was already mentioned at the beginning of the LN & manga):

Apr 18, 2020 11:14 AM

Jun 2015
Looks like all the players are in place. Let the death game begin!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 18, 2020 11:22 AM

Mar 2018
And here we go, they're older now and let all the doom flags shine upon Bakarina!
The OST of this anime is gorgeous, especially the piano piece while Bakarina was at Sophia's house reading the books and enjoying themselves.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Apr 18, 2020 11:23 AM

Jul 2015
Bakarina does it again and adds another two into her harem. Keith noticed immediately.

They rushed a little, but I prefer to have more time with the main heroine and Bakarina.
Apr 18, 2020 11:26 AM

Dec 2014
I really feel bad for katrina.... I just hope she is not doomed in the end...hope maria does not become a villain though
Apr 18, 2020 11:28 AM

Oct 2017
Another absolutely amazing episode. This anime is filled with too many precious cinnamon rolls, must protec em all. Thou dang they already grew up, sigh would have loved to see more of the kid version of them.

Well now that they are all grown up the story will finally begin. I hope it doesn't get too tense thou.

All three of the girls look beautiful as a teen. Thou lol Katarina is too dense, Gerald just kissed her in the neck and she thinks it was bug.

Anyway looking forward to next episode.
Apr 18, 2020 11:29 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Debuting in this world sure is quite the trial being a fearful but neccessary step. Katarina's dramatic entrance though sure did well to scare away the bullies. Still by the accounts of the nobles at the party seems Sophia's been labelled unfairly by them. Its fortunate that she has a caring older bro to protect her. Its sad seeing Sophia be treated unfairly on account of her appearance. Still its nice to see Sophia be able to forge her first friendship with someone that's sincere about establishing one. Its amusing that meeting Sophia and Nicol also created new headache's for Katarina and Keith to worry over. Damm that timeskip though turning 15 in the blink of an eye. Still looks like the stories moving to the teen phase now. The dance between the girls in the end sure was fun. While sudden using Katarina's 15th birthday party as the timeskip anchor point was the logical choice. Now the real challenge starts it seems.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 18, 2020 11:32 AM
Sep 2015
Nicol and Keith! I cheer for yuri ending because I've ulterior motive.
Apr 18, 2020 11:35 AM

Jan 2014
I honestly wonder how the supposed Protag of the game is gonna screw all of this up. Because with how Katarina has set things up, that's loveship and friendships for life honestly.
Apr 18, 2020 11:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Man, this is just pure fun week in and week out!

Sophia and Catarina bonding scenes were nice to see. Found it oddly hilarious how she managed to scare off the bullies with the heroic entrance. I thought Catarina stepped on a landmine when she went on about how "blessed" he is and whatnot xD but good to know that wasn't the case.

Keith and Catarina pledging in the carriage on the way home was quite hilarious too.

And the timeskip is finally upon us. Will Catarina's efforts be in vain or will she be able to fight off fate? It'll be very interesting to see how it'll ultimate play out lol.

Gerald definitely isn't holding back though. And given Catarina's dense outlook, it's got to be understandably worrisome for Keith lol. Nicole post-timeskip is the exact same, damn. I wonder who he was referring to, hmm...

Even the girls want a dance from her. Things are clearly going far too well... Here comes the main game!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 18, 2020 11:42 AM

Apr 2012
I'm not kidding this is the best anime of the season and i don't even like neither isekai nor otome anime
Apr 18, 2020 11:57 AM

Feb 2020
This episode made the show really grow on me now it looks like she isn’t the villain ?

Apr 18, 2020 12:00 PM

Jun 2013
Was not expecting the time skip this soon, but it was another wonderful episode!
Apr 18, 2020 12:03 PM

May 2015
krzywasabi said:
I like how they included the LN moment between Alan and Gerald! And they even tried to go a little more into detail with Nicol's character (who I feel gets severely ignored in the manga).

But this episode feels kinda rushed. The previous episodes so far adapted 2 chapters of the manga per episode, but this one does 3 chapters. And they didn't mention 2 significant details about Katarina's engagement (maybe they'll mention it later in the anime but this stuff was already mentioned at the beginning of the LN & manga):

Well tbh I don't think that is super relevant. Katarina knows that "to survive" she needs to make it clear to Gerald that he can break off the engagement whenever he feels like it. I don't believe those details about the game vs reality were super important and that's why they didn't add them.

I will miss chibi Katarina. She was so cute!! It was a nice episode and I can't wait to see the rest.
Apr 18, 2020 12:03 PM
Jul 2018
When Katarina aged up and said that now the game's story actually begins, it made me wonder why she even started as a child in the first place.

imo the story should've just started with them as 15 year-olds. I can't see the reason for a backstory 3 episodes long, I get that it was for introduction and stuff but all of it could've easily been at 15, maybe except her engagement and Keith.
Apr 18, 2020 12:28 PM
Mar 2016
Guys, we have reached peak anime history. We have a REVERSE HAREM DENSE PROTAGONIST (or antagonist?) here. I don't even remember this at all before in anime format. Do you know any other ones?
Finally, we reached the real plot. I feel like looking back on these moments with flashbacks would have been better, but I might have just gotten used to that format.
I'm really curious if this storytelling will beneficial for the rest of the story.
Apr 18, 2020 12:30 PM

Jan 2019
HalfHalfBastard said:
When Katarina aged up and said that now the game's story actually begins, it made me wonder why she even started as a child in the first place.

She started as a child because isekai. You don't ask for it to make sense since you have already conceded that she was reincarnated in the story of a game.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I'll tell them they're wrong every single time."
Apr 18, 2020 12:34 PM
Jul 2018
Ryoketsu said:
HalfHalfBastard said:

She started as a child because isekai. You don't ask for it to make sense since you have already conceded that she was reincarnated in the story of a game.

Well, yes, but it was before the actual story of the game actually begins. There's a difference between just isekai and being reincarnated in a written story.
Apr 18, 2020 12:40 PM

Jul 2017
Meh. A really big, fat, humongous meh. I'll probably continue this since I'm not seeing this alone anymore, but man... this is so boring. I'm just so glad my roommate doesn't love Listeners too cause then I'd suffer too much at her expense, but this show really sucks the life out of me.
Apr 18, 2020 12:41 PM

Apr 2018
Katarina gets all the girls and boys.
Apr 18, 2020 1:02 PM

Feb 2013
The game has already started she just doesn't know it.
Apr 18, 2020 1:03 PM

Oct 2014
The cut on "Secret: Catarina" book is great.
It basically tells that despite Bakarina being Bakarina, she actually already has an opinion on each person. (Though that doesn't mean she knows alr who she truly loves among them.)

It's just the matter of how far will the anime go for this season. If it's me: I would rush a lot (to the complain of fans) and make either an original ending, or an ending which the author has blessed.
It's bcs S2 is always a gamble, and bcs of the current covid-19 pandemic, there's little chance that a S2 will ever get funding, regardless of LN or manga sales. (Yeah, saddens me, too.)
Rather end it in a good way than leaving it hanging like a lot of LN anime adaptation.
Apr 18, 2020 1:09 PM

Aug 2019
OO WEE SHIT THIS ABOUT TO BE FUCKING DELICIOUS I HAD TO GET ME ANOTHER FUCKING PLATE CAUSE IT WAS SO FUCKING GOOD FUCKING DELICIOUS
Apr 18, 2020 1:14 PM

Apr 2020
I loved this episode. The girls saying they learned the men's dance at the end just so they could dance with catarina was great!

As someone who hasn't read the source, I actually didn't feel this was too rushed except for maybe the dance at the end. I'm glad we are finally getting to the school now. the first 3 episodes felt like the perfect prequel and gave us just enough of each of the main cast. This is definitely one of the highlight shows of the season for me so far.
Apr 18, 2020 1:31 PM

Feb 2018
I don't know if I've seen a harem with a mix of guys and girls. But the bigger question is whether Bakarina is interested in both. Now that would be interesting.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Apr 18, 2020 1:32 PM

Nov 2016
Was pretty nice to see Katarina befriending Sophia. And lol, Nicol with his mysterious charm, especially the part where he made Keith blush, that was quite something.

And finally the timeskip, enjoyed the set-up already a lot, but now it should get really juicystarted with more yuri teasing during Bakarina's birthdayAll the characters and the relationship dynamics definitely seem promising, so I'm hyped for what's to come.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2020 1:38 PM

Dec 2017
Oh yeah, it finally begins!
Apr 18, 2020 1:58 PM

Sep 2007
HalfHalfBastard said:
imo the story should've just started with them as 15 year-olds. I can't see the reason for a backstory 3 episodes long, I get that it was for introduction and stuff but all of it could've easily been at 15, maybe except her engagement and Keith.

It did serve a purpose though. OG Villainess Katarina abused Keith throughout their childhood and it caused him to be isolated from the world and pretty much hate her. In Gerald's case she was disliked because she kept clinging unto him at every turn. If the story started when they were 15-year-olds she would be unable to undo the abuse and change their opinions of her that easily

Although if you're interested in reading how that would go, there's an official spin-off manga that explores exactly this scenario. It's called Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite shimatta... Zettai Zetsumei! Hametsu Sunzen Hen and there's only a few chapters out right now. Basically it's the same survival concept but on hard mode :)
Apr 18, 2020 2:21 PM

Aug 2015
this anime is so gay and i love it
Apr 18, 2020 2:28 PM

Feb 2007
Things I did not expect from this but like very much, even if it has little to do with the eventual outcome of the pairings (as evidenced by the OP): Ladies reading and appreciating yuri.
Apr 18, 2020 2:45 PM

Nov 2014
I'm starting to wonder if that Fortune Lover game had yuri route...
Apr 18, 2020 2:48 PM

Jan 2013
The music and all moments this episode were so lovely and touching! I'm on the side who wishes the kid antics had been extended a few more episodes for how adorably wholesome they've been. However I soooooo love the way they handled this age transition & am highly curious what is to come.

I'd argue her friendships and life would have felt shallow had they started her at this point where everyone around her already loves her. Would feel like all generic anime where the main character is loved for unknown reasons or reasons that don't feel as significant/touching when it's just a glimpse of backstory getting inserted here and there. It's not the same as growing along side her and being carried by the context surrounding those moments.
Apr 18, 2020 2:50 PM

Nov 2016
Bakarina x Sophia they start talking mainly thanks to the yuri novels uwu

only the protagonist of the game remains, who make sweet cakes as indicated by the opening.
Apr 18, 2020 2:53 PM

May 2019
LOL she added two more people to her unisex harem! Girls and boys everyone wants a piece of her while she's deeply focused in saving her ass. At this rate the original heroine of the game will also fall for her lololol

I JUST LOVE THIS ANIME SO MUCH IT'S SO CUTE
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Apr 18, 2020 3:22 PM

Dec 2018
I really didn't like this episode. This is just Yuri bait imo .Yuri is a term they use for lesbians in Japanese media, this is about 4 guys trying to hit on the girls and therefore its not a Yuri. I see this rather as a bisexual harem then anything else

Yuri-CrusaderApr 19, 2020 11:07 AM
Apr 18, 2020 3:32 PM

Mar 2019
New male character added, I dont care about him but his sister is super cute.
Huge time leap, 7 years in a row, so this where the real game starts
I hope she'll be alright
Apr 18, 2020 3:38 PM

Sep 2007
The pace set with this episode makes me sure this will end with the game ending. It's a good point to end and doesn't require original endings or such.
Apr 18, 2020 3:46 PM

Aug 2015
Now that they are older, the boys (and even the girls?) are going to play their cards towards Catarina, I like the hints towards her already, and god damn Georde already wanting to put a ring on it.

The girls definitively feel like real friend and I hope they stay being charming. I guess now that she is going to meet the main heroine she will be in the harem as well.

I´m not into harem series (nevertheless into reverse harem) but I really, really like the way the characters and specially Catarina act. They feel more fleshed out and natural despite being based on the typical stereotypes that Otome games have.
Apr 18, 2020 3:56 PM
Dec 2017
So far it seemed to me that she is not interested in girls given her reaction to what Mary said regarding doing the man's part.

On another note, it also seemed like she didn't want her brother to fall in love for a boy (although we do know what he was actually thinking was being worried about having another "rival")

Really enjoying this show so far, but depending on how they handle from now on it may ruin everything. To me it is not clear what kind of "conflict" will move the story now in order to keep it interesting.

If i had to guess, maybe the main character of the games becomes the villain? Although considering the opening song scenes seem more like they will be friends or something.
Apr 18, 2020 4:12 PM

Nov 2016
Yuri-Crusader said:
I really didn't like this episode. This is just Yuri bait imo .Yuri is a term they use for lesbians i Japanese media, this is about 4 guys trying to hit on the girls and therefore its not a Yuri. imo its rather a bisexual harem then anything else

Knew you wouldn't be pleased xD but for many it's one of the most interesting aspects.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2020 4:53 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Gerald is like 14 and he already wants the whole package with Katarina. Gotta be patient, my horny teenager.

Fantastic episode once again. I'm absolutely loving how wholesome this show can be. Seeing Katarina bonding with Sophia through their mutual passion for romance novels was truly heartwarming and though the time skip was kinda sudden, the last part with grown-up Katarina enjoying herself with her potential lovers friends was a very lovely moment.

That said, it's still a shame Katarina's infant stage is over now. I would have loved to see more of her antics and adorable interactions with the rest but the story have to move forward at some point. Anyways, just hope the wholesome and heartfelt moments don't entirely disappear in order to have more harem comedy.

P.S.: Uhm, now I wonder if Fortune Love have secret routes for Mary, Sophia or even Maria lol.
Apr 18, 2020 5:25 PM

Mar 2019
Bakarina can really make friends or lovers very easily.

It seems we have 2 more added to her harem, I guess the blond girl is coming later. Nice that we got a time skip, well now the real story is about to begin!
Apr 18, 2020 8:25 PM

Jun 2013
I like how even though Bakarina's main goal is to avoid a doom ending, she manages to be a good person and change the lives of the people around her. Goes to show that these little good deeds can change a person's life.

Anyway, Bakarina looks so beautiful as an adult, Mary and Sophia are gorgeous too but I really liked Katarina in her dress.
臭い-
Apr 18, 2020 8:29 PM
Jan 2017
My Next Life as a Villainess delivers yet another fine episode! As Katarina attempts to navigate the unpredictable life of nobility, she continues to make new friends. I wasn't expecting this would be the episode that would make the jump to the present time, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. With this episode, we can assume the show's first act is finished and the story will now move on to the main event. With any luck, Katarina will be ready to overcome any obstacles she comes across in her journey to ensure her own happy ending. This is shaping up to be one of the finest shows of the season and I can't wait to see what happens next.
Apr 18, 2020 9:05 PM

Mar 2017
I feel like this episode was too rushed but whatever, it's still fun to watch haha

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 9, 2020

129 by Tortuga_003 »»
Yesterday, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2020

193 by kiana_sora »»
May 3, 12:34 AM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2020

125 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 3:58 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 23, 2020

156 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shiteshimatta... Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2020

164 by Shocked »»
Apr 21, 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.