Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 12, 2020 8:44 PM
Sep 2017
I've seen over 100 anime and Their is only 2 people I've seen smash girls. Ol dude from Yosuga No Sora,And ol dude from School Days. There's probably a few more but why are they so scared it's ridiculous let me be The Main character Anko(early days)
Akeno And Rias etc HERE I COME!!
Mc Basilic Stanley

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 12, 2020 10:19 PM

Nov 2008
Anime teenagers don't have sex because the shows are aimed at teens and kids and it is not appropriate. Bad role models and all that.

Isn't that obvious?

Also the Japanese are VERY shy and withdrawn from PDA. It's not considered proper to be casual about it like people in the USA who will suck face whenever and/or wherever they feel like it.

Every time I walked the halls of my high school, I'd see students making out against their locker doors and stuff. In front of crowds, in lines, they just don't care.

But in the hallway of a Japanese school? This would be unheard of.
ChiibiFeb 12, 2020 10:24 PM

Feb 12, 2020 10:28 PM

Dec 2015
cuz they wanna be relatable and pretend that even if youre scared of everything that moves you can still smash some anime chicks
Feb 12, 2020 10:37 PM

Nov 2008
Fran said:
cuz they wanna be relatable and pretend that even if youre scared of everything that moves you can still smash some anime chicks

Not only is that not the reason; you seem to be misunderstanding the OP.

Feb 12, 2020 10:44 PM

Sep 2018

found the anti-shinji thread

but really, not many teenagers and such have that much sex, also a fearful character is one we can relate to more generally. if you wanna see an MC get some read a harem
Feb 12, 2020 10:45 PM

Mar 2016
japan has a very repressed culture, just look at how hentai contrasts with how japanese people act in public
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Feb 12, 2020 10:57 PM

Nov 2008
juiccbox said:

*holds up hands*

I'm not anti-Shinji; on the contrary people pick on him WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. when they should actually be picking on Yukiteru from MN lol

Feb 12, 2020 11:04 PM

Oct 2010
They are as many scared as they are courageous I think, sometimes it works better with a scared loser, ex mirai nikki and eva.
Feb 12, 2020 11:08 PM

Oct 2019
makes it more spicy ;)))
srsly though i find it more interesting
Feb 12, 2020 11:23 PM

Sep 2019
I'm actually frustrated with fearful male lead. So i ran away to yuri genre... at least it's more explicit. And the girls isn't so dense about romance. Smh, it's 100x better for me at least. I can't stand all the suffering from waiting for my ship to progress in centuries.

Wandering Witch is the best light novel ever!
Feb 12, 2020 11:25 PM

Nov 2018
Watch hentai then.Everyone smashes each other there.
I hate everyone equally
Feb 12, 2020 11:31 PM

Jan 2009
well they are japanese so they are insecure of their dick size /s

japan have a shame culture and a lot of them embraces it i guess
Feb 13, 2020 12:48 AM

Jan 2020
Because the people who make and watch anime don't have a lot of sex

I'm one of them
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
Feb 13, 2020 3:05 AM

Feb 2010
Yes, because the only way to not be scared is to be like the MC from School Days.
Great worldview you have there. Doesn't make you sound socially inept at all...
I probably regret this post by now.
Feb 13, 2020 3:08 AM

Oct 2018
Brave people are the ones who can resist sex instead of diving straight into it.

Feb 13, 2020 3:27 AM

Jan 2011
I don't know about Yosuga No Sora, but look at how School Days turned out.
Feb 13, 2020 3:29 AM
Jan 2020
Maybe they have been warned about all of those creepy dere-types out there. I'd be pretty scared of girls if life was like anime.
Feb 13, 2020 4:12 AM
Sep 2017
I don't watch Hentai cause plot is atrocious now ive seen Hentai over the years I seldom watch it.
Mc Basilic Stanley

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 13, 2020 7:07 AM

Sep 2018
Chiibi said:
juiccbox said:

*holds up hands*

I'm not anti-Shinji; on the contrary people pick on him WAAAAAAAAAAAY too much. when they should actually be picking on Yukiteru from MN lol

For real though, shinjis an insanely realistic character. We all know he’s a wimp but wouldn’t you do the same in his position? Yukis the real coward
Feb 13, 2020 12:50 PM

May 2009
ReaperCreeper said:
I don't know about Yosuga No Sora, but look at how School Days turned out.
Frankly speaking, watching Yosuga no Sora for the sex scenes is missing the point.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 13, 2020 1:18 PM
Feb 2014
Gilliesss said:
Brave people are the ones who can resist sex instead of diving straight into it.

That's the best thing i heard today, i applaud you! :)

Op has it all wrong, it takes will power to resist temptation, but it doesn't take anything to give in to your carnal desires.

My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Feb 13, 2020 2:17 PM

Oct 2017
Japanese men are overall insecure when it comes to sexuality. It's no surprise that 42% of Japanese men under 40 are virgins.
These things of scared characters on anime is just reality playing with us.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Feb 13, 2020 2:22 PM

Feb 2019
Because those damn feminist anime characters got to them. They took away anime men's healthy sexuality and shunned them, degraded them for expressing interesting, accusing every one of them of rape just for asking for their number. It's a shame really, I do feel for anime boys that'll grow up thinking liking and approaching girls is bad. When I was a young boy in the army, I'd kiss females against their will all the time, that's the way it always was and it should've stayed that way.
Feb 13, 2020 2:26 PM

Jul 2017
Watch Grisaia no Kajitsu, you will prob enjoy it. The word fear doesn't exist in the MC's vocabulary.

"Do you know why snow is white? 
Because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be." - C.C.

Feb 13, 2020 3:01 PM

Nov 2008
Kosmonaut said:
Because those damn feminist anime characters got to them. They took away anime men's healthy sexuality and shunned them

No, IT'S. JAPAN'S. CULTURE.

This has nothing to do with feminism or SJWs; Japan doesn't care about that shit! They have always been shy about sex.

Do I need to knock some heads into brick walls to beat the reason into all of you?

Feb 13, 2020 3:03 PM

Feb 2019
Chiibi said:
Kosmonaut said:
Because those damn feminist anime characters got to them. They took away anime men's healthy sexuality and shunned them

This has nothing to do with feminism or SJWs; Japan doesn't care about that shit! They have always been shy about sex.

Do I need to knock some heads into brick walls to beat the reason into all of you?
How sad is it that being as ridiculous as I was writing that post isn't universally understood as sarcasm anymore?
Feb 13, 2020 3:06 PM

Dec 2019
well i'll take those shy male characters over the sexually aggressive ones.
Feb 13, 2020 3:12 PM
suii

Dec 2018
Dauphine said:
Gilliesss said:

That's the best thing i heard today, i applaud you! :)

Op has it all wrong, it takes will power to resist temptation, but it doesn't take anything to give in to your carnal desires.

or maybe it is most people dont think too much, they just go on autopilot or follow norms or something without being like.. wait.. this excistence thing.. whats going on here..
Feb 13, 2020 3:13 PM

Aug 2018
Because if a girl gets smashed in an anime, she can't be a waifu. No waifu = no anime... remember https://myanimelist.net/anime/35849/Darling_in_the_FranXX , even in the west a couple of girls were tagged as thots... and in Japan the thing was worse, lol.
Feb 13, 2020 3:14 PM

Jun 2019
The reason is quite simple.

Money.

The main source of revenue (i.e. people who don't just watch the show but buy merchandise) are mainly single, shy, lonely otakus.

Think about it. The reason so many anime MCs are weak generic men is so these high profit viewers can put themselves into his shoes. And if the MC ended up with one of the girls, it might not be the girl some of these veiwers wanted. And they might not spend money on the show anymore.

Better to make a mediocre show that can bring in profit, than a good show that doesn't.
Feb 13, 2020 3:42 PM

Jun 2019
I know what the OP means as I've found myself getting very frustrated with wimpy male MC as that wasn't my experience of school/college/uni. But I've realised that anime primarily represents Japan's cultural & social behaviour, so there's no point getting to annoyed about it.

My experience of teenage life in the UK in the 90's seems to be midway between Japan & the USA. It was mostly repressed, but behind the bike sheds & in the bushes behind the PE shed, there was always a large crowd smoking, getting high, drinking & couples together.

This is exactly why Interspecies Reviewers has been such a breath of fresh air, in how it treats the issue of sex in anime, especially for those of us who are older with active sex lives.

Feb 13, 2020 4:36 PM

Nov 2008
Kosmonaut said:
Chiibi said:

How sad is it that being as ridiculous as I was writing that post isn't universally understood as sarcasm anymore?

People LOVE to blame feminists on literally everything nowadays though. How was I supposed to guess you weren't serious? :/

Feb 13, 2020 4:44 PM
May 2019
Japanese culture is mostly to blame, also anime is incredibly troppy and let's not forget that most otkus prefer their waifus to be pure.
As I said before in other thread it's hard to find competent romance anime.
Feb 13, 2020 5:31 PM
takodachi

Jan 2020
Fate_Saber88 said:
Japanese men are overall insecure when it comes to sexuality. It's no surprise that 42% of Japanese men under 40 are virgins.

42%? That's gotta be bs. I'm gonna need some sources to believe such a ridiculous number

π’«π‘œπ“… 𝒢 𝓅𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝒢𝓃𝒹 𝑔𝑒𝓉 π’Ύπ“‚π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“‰π’Άπ“π’Ύπ“π‘’π’Ή
π’―π’½π‘œπ“Šπ‘”π’½π“‰ π“…π“‡π‘œπ’Έπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆ π‘œπ“‹π‘’π“‡π“‡π’Ύπ’Ήπ‘’
π’«π“Šπ“‡π’Ύπ’»π“Ž π“‚π“Ž π“…π‘œπ’Ύπ“ˆπ‘œπ“ƒπ‘’π’Ή 𝓂𝒾𝓃𝒹

Feb 13, 2020 5:32 PM

Dec 2015
Pretty sure you need to watch some more shows to explore the anime world.

-> watching a few things, think he have seen it all x)

Feb 13, 2020 5:44 PM

Aug 2017
I'm not going to read this thread, because I'm sure its filled with spoilers from shows where MC's banged the girl. I've actually been seeing that more and more, where Males actually smash the females and such, but still not often. And the reason for that should be obvious: Many characters in non-hentai anime are underage. They can't just have a bunch of highschool protags busting down other minors, man.
Feb 13, 2020 5:48 PM

Oct 2017
anixt4n said:
Fate_Saber88 said:

42%? That's gotta be bs. I'm gonna need some sources to believe such a ridiculous number
I saw it somewhere on Reddit, There really isn't a reliable way of getting this number. It's like trying to figure out how many people are gay. Honestly, I should check these statistics again. Still standing my argument about the Japanese men being insecure.

''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Feb 13, 2020 5:56 PM
Aug 2018
Chiibi said:
Kosmonaut said:

People LOVE to blame feminists on literally everything nowadays though. How was I supposed to guess you weren't serious? :/

Blaming SJW's and feminists is a meme itself nowadays. So people think it's common sense to assume it's sarcasm.
Especially with how he worded his sentence. There was no way someone could see that as a legit comment.
Feb 13, 2020 6:01 PM

Nov 2008
Xavier_Cronos said:
There was no way someone could see that as a legit comment.

People said the same thing about ProudAsianGuy but he's dead serious in his posts. :/ This is the same forum with someone talking about "how they want to eat anime girls' body parts"...come on now; people are batshit crazy and illogical; don't pretend they're all 'JUST KIDDIN' because there are some freaks out there.

Feb 13, 2020 6:22 PM
Aug 2018
Chiibi said:
Xavier_Cronos said:

People said the same thing about ProudAsianGuy but he's dead serious in his posts. :/ This is the same forum with someone talking about "how they want to eat anime girls' body parts"...come on now; people are batshit crazy and illogical; don't pretend they're all 'JUST KIDDIN' because there are some freaks out there.
Chiibi said:
Xavier_Cronos said:

Freaks? Like feminists? πŸ‘

Haha, just kidding
Feb 13, 2020 6:34 PM

Oct 2014
Because it would hentai, otherwise. Or a show that has to be broadcasted at an awful time slot at the very least. I don't think this is such a hard concept to grasp.
Feb 13, 2020 7:51 PM

Nov 2008
Xavier_Cronos said:

Freaks? Like feminists? πŸ‘

Haha, just kidding

Yes, there are bat-shit crazies of EVERY type. xD (I'd call them femi-Nazis though)

Feb 13, 2020 7:56 PM

Nov 2010
You find plenty of sex with more adult aimed anime that isnt about teenagers.
Feb 13, 2020 8:57 PM

Oct 2017
Chiibi said:
Kosmonaut said:

Well you can apply that to literally everything these days. Poe's Law is very common today and it's very hard to tell the difference between satire and reality no matter the view. You can make satire reality these days.

Though yeah I think you are probably right. Granted considering that anime/manga is kinda that place to get away from reality it would be nice if more shows that want to use sex appeal actually go through with it instead of tons dumb slapstick and guys who are too dense or nervous to get to it already.

Still for OP Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Paradise Kiss, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and I mean I believe the currently airing Reviewers if you want your male characters actually getting intimate at some point. It's not unheard of outside of hentai.
BilboBaggins365Feb 13, 2020 9:05 PM
Feb 13, 2020 9:39 PM

May 2016
Because they are not hypersexual, that's it, as usual for Japanese people. You see them as scaredy or "beta" since you are viewing it from an American culture (I assume), which is the opposite of Japan in this regard.

However, even if the MC is an hypersexual person, f**king with anything that moves is not a good move, really. For example, in DxD, Issei is very perverted and would want sex but he wouldn't do it with them all because it would be using their feelings for personal gain. If they were okay with a poligamic relationship then he would but they never say that so he is being considerate when saying no. Adding to this, sex is seen as a taboo in Japan so as much as Issei wants sex he is confused when given the opportunity.

Moroever, Harem is a genre about romance (in theory), not about sex (which is Hentai). Since many anime don't do anything off-screen, including sex, that's why they do nothing.
Feb 17, 2020 3:20 AM
Jul 2018
It appeals to the weakling males who watch those kinds of shows
Apr 21, 4:14 AM
Mar 2022
The sory easy answer is cause its not created for the world its created for the super beta bitch cowardly nation of herbivore bitches japan. Jap males for the most part are cowardly, ball-less, sub-male lifetime cherry boy losers. The have the highest avg age of male virgins of any major country in the world by a wide margin and the highest % based on male population that spend their entire life as virgins... its these same exact cowardly beta trash would create anime for their fellow basement dwelling perma-virgin rejects. Those losers literally have zero problem self inserting into those shit show beta bitch cowardly loser mc but they go a step further and in their worthless forever unwanted delusional AF life claim the so called waifus as their imaginary girlfriends lmfao! They also get IRL pissed and nerd rage online affecting show or manga ratings when one of the mc's gets further than any of them ever will in their lives with one of said girls. The pathetic list can go on and on.... to those of us who have actual balls, lives, girlfriends, sex, etc etc and just like anime over those boring ass tv shows and shit all this makes zero sense in fact its down right pathetic. Fuck I wasnt even that much of a pussy as those mc back in middle school than the ball-less blushing bitch boy mc in anime so i cant even begin to comprehend how someone even in a anime can be such a world class pussy and total fucking insult to men around the world. There are literally only 10-15 anime male mc would can even be considered actual men. Ya always got the rejects who defend rejects saying dumb ass shit like then go watch hentai which is just stupid as fuck... we as actual men dont give a single fuck seeing them fuck some anime chick we just want to see them not act like pussies and cowards and make moves life we would or did. A good example is Arifureta dude isnt a scared bitch from the start and ever ends up banging his chick on their first night together in a bed... does it show it no not at all... but its blatantly obvious they had and none of us complained in fact it made us happy to know he wasnt a cowardly lil bitch.

Sadly of course we will always have the losers who will always defend their fellow losers which is what gives the trash perma-virgin loser writers reason to keep it going with the endless super beta mc's.
Apr 21, 4:18 AM
Mar 2022
Reply to SuzuMine-chan
Because they are not hypersexual, that's it, as usual for Japanese people. You see them as scaredy or "beta" since you are viewing it from an American culture (I assume), which is the opposite of Japan in this regard.

However, even if the MC is an hypersexual person, f**king with anything that moves is not a good move, really. For example, in DxD, Issei is very perverted and would want sex but he wouldn't do it with them all because it would be using their feelings for personal gain. If they were okay with a poligamic relationship then he would but they never say that so he is being considerate when saying no. Adding to this, sex is seen as a taboo in Japan so as much as Issei wants sex he is confused when given the opportunity.

Moroever, Harem is a genre about romance (in theory), not about sex (which is Hentai). Since many anime don't do anything off-screen, including sex, that's why they do nothing.
@SuzuMine-chan

which is a problem in itself cause its not a fucking harem if nobody is doing anything with anyone period. Only 2-3 all time can actually be called harem without it just being a big fat lie. Instead its just some fucking worthless super beta bitch loser with plot forced affection from girls so fucking far out of their league you think the writers were taking some crazy high dosage of acid due to how delusional that shit is.
Apr 21, 4:19 AM

Jan 2009
Herbivore men or grass-eater men (θ‰ι£Ÿ(η³»)男子, Sōshoku(-kei) danshi) is a term used in Japan to describe young men who become a voluntarily celibate and express little interest in getting married or being assertive in pursuing relationships with women.[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbivore_men
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» The problem with most modern anime (spoilers for some series)

Ebb1993 - 58 minutes ago

3 by perseii »»
1 minute ago

» What seasonal anime had disappointed you over time this season?

Zakatsuki_ - 5 hours ago

41 by MechKingKillbot »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Best character with finite mana

Catalano - 8 hours ago

13 by SgtBateMan »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime with best sound tracks!?

l_Photon_l - 11 hours ago

23 by Kismet69 »»
25 minutes ago

» Isekais that you think are actually good and why

IpreferEcchi - Sep 16

45 by Sheol01 »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.