Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 5, 2018 10:29 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First episode is titled "Where You Belong".

Visually, this first episode definitely impressed me. The enchanting night sky and backgrounds looks so colorful and full of details. Definitely impressed me with P.A. Works' production quality so far.

It seems there's elements of magic/supernatural present in the anime but so far, the storytelling feels somewhat slow pace. Hitomi is a character I'm wondering about considering the amount of details focused on her.

Some of the other cast has my attention too so I hope the anime will take time to develop them.
Oct 5, 2018 11:18 AM
Jun 2016
I definitely appreciated what the first episode had to offer. Stunning visuals and an interesting approach to the sense of color Tsukishiro is missing. It sets the tone and theme for what is to come and hopefully, P.A. Works' original will shine through like a few of their previous works.
Oct 5, 2018 11:28 AM

Sep 2016
Feels like they are trying too hard to be kyoani.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Oct 5, 2018 11:32 AM

Apr 2010
This looked pretty good so for defenitely something you can expect from PA Works.
The girls seemed interesting yet somewhat lacking at the same time she game me the impression we can expect more from her.
As for the events they seemed interesting.
I also liked the part where she could not open the window it really showed that she is from a time period with advanced features to make life easy.
GangsterCat said:
Looked like a normal PA Works anime to me.
Oct 5, 2018 11:45 AM

Jun 2013
Those highlights... holy shit I hate them so much.
I literally can't follow the dialogues properly because everytime a character talks, I just stare at the big white dot on their nose.

Well, besides that, I found this first episode to be quite good, a Lot of very beautiful scenes with great atmosphere, storyboard, and art direction. The protagonist seems pretty fun to watch (besides that freaking white dot on her face) and I am interested in the male lead, especially after that ending sequence which was absolutely stunning.

It definitely has the potential to be an enjoyable supernatural show.
MrMushinOct 5, 2018 12:06 PM
Oct 5, 2018 11:46 AM

Aug 2016
I'm really enjoying this! Can't wait for more!
Nanika ga Okashii
Oct 5, 2018 12:01 PM

Apr 2016
So let's revisit what we know ... this is an original anime, it has magic, and some kind of time travel + its a romance ...

I have very, very bad feeling about this, i can smell drama from a mile.
Oct 5, 2018 12:03 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This show looks fkin amazing, it's almost distracting, i kept watching for the backgrounds instead of the subs.

As for the MC girl, i'm not too sure about her yet. Not much has been done for the characterization in general here but that will follow i assume.

The colorblind/magic for i assume everything almost? plot is something new so that's one thing to excited about.
Oct 5, 2018 12:04 PM

Feb 2016
Wow, the visual is very amazing, also looks like the beautiful colored world is a main part of the story.
I don't get much interested about the character, but damn that setting alone is sold me out already. This is art.

likepandaOct 5, 2018 12:25 PM
Oct 5, 2018 12:05 PM

Apr 2016
As others said, great animation. Hope it keeps this up until the end.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Oct 5, 2018 12:25 PM

Mar 2017
Wow. The visuals completely got me. I knew that would be the case. It's P.A Works after all.
So far the plot seems interesting. Just hope it can keep up the flow and doesn't end up like Glasslip. Really looking forward to next week.
I wonder why the rating is so low though.
Oct 5, 2018 12:26 PM

Mar 2018
so granny is in 2018 in england instead of japan. thanks granny! you fucked up.

also that animation is nice
Oct 5, 2018 12:33 PM

Jan 2015
Yeah this was very very good
As expected from P.A. Works

Kind of sad it takes place in 2018 and not in 2060

Hoping for 24 episodes
XenocrisiOct 5, 2018 12:45 PM
Oct 5, 2018 12:37 PM

Mar 2016
The girl's inability to see colours made me feel extremely uncomfortable. When she was about to meet Aoi, an artist, I was really excited to see what would happen. Aoi literally showed colours to her, and I felt so happy! As an artist, I can't imagine a life without colours.

I really liked the episode. The characters seem interesting as well. I hope this won't disappoint us!!
Oct 5, 2018 12:37 PM
Nov 2016
Ohhhh how beautiful the first episode was. I'm impressed! I'm glad I gave it a try :) the visuals are just perfect. And I like the story. <3
Oct 5, 2018 12:39 PM

Apr 2016
FuMomo-kun said:
The girl's inability to see colours made me feel extremely uncomfortable. When she was about to meet Aoi, an artist, I was really excited to see what would happen. Aoi literally showed colours to her, and I felt so happy! As an artist, I can't imagine a life without colours.

I really liked the episode. The characters seem interesting as well. I hope this won't disappoint us!!

Yeah that was the best part of the episode to me.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Oct 5, 2018 12:42 PM

Jan 2018
absolutely phenomenal. stunning. this does feel like kyoani, but P.A. works did what KyoAni weren't able to do in the recent years since Hibike! in all respect to Violet Evergarden, but this is how it's done. 9/10, i'm not overestimating or anything, just placing my thoughts on this first episode alone. The slow pace + surprising finale made it even better
Oct 5, 2018 12:43 PM

Sep 2016
Eyegasms are what i had while watching this episode. So much detail and so pretty. Hope it stays this way for the next episodes.
Oct 5, 2018 12:44 PM

Jan 2015
Swagernator said:
So let's revisit what we know ... this is an original anime, it has magic, and some kind of time travel + its a romance ...

Lol have you ever watched a P.A. Works’s anime? They are all about drama and romance
Oct 5, 2018 12:50 PM

Dec 2014
the first episode had a weird vibe to it lol..... SO many questions yet so answers
Oct 5, 2018 12:52 PM

Apr 2016
Xenocrisi said:
Swagernator said:

Lol have you ever watched a P.A. Works’s anime? They are all about drama and romance

That's the beautiful thing about MAL that you can see other people watch list.
Oct 5, 2018 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
Looks good so far.
I hope we won't get Glasslip 2.0.

Oct 5, 2018 1:41 PM

Jan 2015
Swagernator said:
Xenocrisi said:

That's the beautiful thing about MAL that you can see other people watch list.

There’s also this beautiful thing called “irony”
I know who you are tho I ain’t that stupid to ask to the famous Swagernator if he has ever watched a p.a. Works’s anime cause I already know you have
Oct 5, 2018 1:44 PM

Apr 2017
Xenocrisi said:
Yeah this was very very good
As expected from P.A. Works

Kind of sad it takes place in 2018 and not in 2060

Hoping for 24 episodes

Only 13 episodes unfortunately..

( Source: http://www.iqiyi.com/a_19rrh70a9p.html )
KaiserFGOOct 5, 2018 1:48 PM
Oct 5, 2018 2:21 PM

Jun 2016
I really liked the first episode! The artstyle/animation is great, the soundtrack is relaxing(adds perfectly to the atmosphere of this show) and the choosen narrative is well executed. Some say it has a "slow pace" but IMO it's in a good way. I probably underestimated this series and now have higher hopes for the next episodes.
Oct 5, 2018 2:25 PM

Feb 2014
I came here for the beautiful eyegasm scenery shots and P.A Works delivers on their great form of eyegasm scenery shots once again. =3

Seriously though, I couldn't help but pause from time to time during the first episode just so I could look at the scenery shots more in detail. And not to forget, the character design and animation for them are also great as well.

The story premise of magic and using time travel is intriguing, and so far, the show has done a good job with the character introductions.

Overall, this was a great start to another P.A Works anime this year. Hopefully the next episodes will keep up this quality. ^_^
Oct 5, 2018 2:41 PM

Mar 2016
Certainly nothing to complain about in this episode, but can only foresee love triangle bullshit. Not entirely sold on the self-insert female MC, but I can't really dislike her either.

muh filters
syncrogazerOct 5, 2018 2:46 PM
Oct 5, 2018 3:02 PM

Nov 2010
So we have a girl that lives in a magic household in the future, but lost her parents (probably due to magic) and the ability to enjoy life as a consequence which in return is featured as the loss of all color in her view.
To bring her basically back into life her grandmother casts a powerfull spell that sends her back in time where she is supposed to meet her grandmother that is in England to learn more magic at the time.

A lot of this is beautifully conveyed through the animation (especially the scenes we see through her eyes by making the picture lose all color) with a great climax where she finds out she actually can see color in the picture of (her potential grandad) the artist.

Like many people before the worry is about this becoming more like Glasslip and less like HanaIro, with my biggest fear being that the whole time travel stuff fucks up some stuff with her falling in love and potentially becoming her own grandmother or something like that.
I really hope it becomes as good as it looks in this first episode, because it has shown gigantic potential so far.
Oct 5, 2018 3:19 PM

Jun 2017
This seems interesting
Kind of slow but it set up intriguing things, the Main theme of the show and it's introducing Amusing character dynamics
We need to see how they're going to handle the script and the development of the characters and of the time trave aspect
They nailed the visual storytelling
AwesomeAlfie27 likes this first episode
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Oct 5, 2018 3:23 PM

Nov 2016
This was an absolutely beautiful episode, not just visual wise, but I also love the premise and atmosphere very much.

I hope they manage to maintain this level throughout the course of the series. But P.A is usually good at these kind of shows, well, at least better than at stuff like Sirius the Jaeger. So I'm going to trust them, hope they won't let us down >_<

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2018 3:43 PM
Mar 2017
To be an original anime, its quality was to my liking
As far as we can appreciate, the story unfolds in the future and magic can be used, besides, our FMC, Hitomi can not distinguish the colors, another detail is that the grandmother of Hitomi sends her to the past, without any details, only that she has fun.
The story is quite interesting, the appearance of Hitomi creates a misunderstanding, with those who seem to be classmates of her grandmother, also she meet her grandmother's family, who accept her and give her lodging in the house, but for her Bad luck Kohaku, her grandmother, is in England.
For what is appreciated Hitomi is quite introverted, and seems not to like the magic, but why it will be ?, It will be by the fact that she can not see the colors the reason not to like the magic.
The most beautiful moment of the episode without a doubt was when the fish that Shou draws comes alive and Hitomi can see the colors again, what a spectacular job.
This anime was a surprise, and I feel satisfied, but I feel that this trip that Hitomi made will be full of many experiences, good and bad ones, that would change her life.
Oct 5, 2018 3:46 PM

Sep 2011
What a nice start! The world was so bright, and colorful that the fact that she can only see in black and white became even more poignant. The main character is really nice; it was really relatable the way she had to take a deep breath before approaching someone. And the scene in which the friends of the owner of that room saw her getting out from the window, just like the neighbors who told his mother, was a pretty funny one.

Time travel stories are a hit or miss, but this is looking like it will be a hit! I loved the concept of the travel being a bus, and that the driver got happy with some pocky as payment, really nice episode.

Oh, and I loved how she was able to perceive colors for a moment thanks to the drawing of that guy, it was a great scene.
Oct 5, 2018 3:56 PM

Apr 2015
I have a feeling this is going to be another one of those shitty animes with retarded message behind it. "friendship is magic, you cant be alone and happy, you absolutely needs friends". Hopefully it wont fall down to that vicious path.
Oct 5, 2018 4:18 PM
Aug 2010
GangsterCat said:

You are trying too hard to be a fanboy.
Oct 5, 2018 4:18 PM

May 2015
Those production values. Woah. Pretty much what you can expect from P.A. Works. Also, seeing Fly's designs come to live brings me great joy.

Looks really promising so far, I loved the first episode! I was already hyped knowing that a bunch of the Nagi no Asukara staff is working on this too. I can only hope now that this show will be just as good, or even better, because it certainly got the ingredients to be one. I have high hopes.
ReverberateOct 6, 2018 3:34 AM

Oct 5, 2018 4:36 PM

Jun 2014
I'm in love.

This is gonna be my AOTS I feel it, P.A work strike again!
Oct 5, 2018 4:51 PM

Oct 2010
abslutely loved this first ep. best of the season for me so far. Everything about it was beautiful. The music by Yoshiaki Dewa, the theme music, and backgrounds, the use of color. the Main girl not a super generic archetype (yet). loved it

I was really hyped for this since it's basically being made by like 90% of the same people as NagiAsu and thats one of my favorite anime ever.
KougeruOct 5, 2018 4:54 PM
Oct 5, 2018 4:56 PM

May 2014
> director previously directed Nagi no Asukara
> P.A Works
> Original

and what if.... this is 24 episodes?

THIS FORMULA. I KNOW IT TOO WELL
Oct 5, 2018 5:03 PM

Aug 2015
Is it only me or does this setting feel a bit to contrived. ^^'
Oct 5, 2018 5:12 PM

Apr 2015
Oh my days... P.A. Works are at it again! This is visual perfection, the art, the animation and colours are just amazing. I love the 2 different perspectives we get, in colour and black & white from Hitomi's POV.

Really curious where this Anime will be going, a lot of potential in this one!!

Visually this anime has pretty much got me hyped for next week already!!
Oct 5, 2018 5:27 PM

Feb 2009
backgrounds are more interesting than main chara. but i love white haired girls so im excited!

Oct 5, 2018 5:45 PM

Mar 2012
Absolutely fantastic pilot, wow.
Oct 5, 2018 5:56 PM

Jul 2017
As expected of PA Works! Absolutely stunning animation and scenery!

Personally, I LOVED the episode. The setting and the magic completely intrigued me. Hitomi is a character that I need to see more episodes to get a full grasp on her character but her inability to see colours makes me feel bad for her.

The part where she sees Aoi's drawing and her being able to see the colours made my jaw dropped.

Let's see what will happen after this... Hoping it will get better!

God, must be terrible to be teleported in a stranger's bedroom...
Mikura39Oct 5, 2018 6:00 PM

Help, I'm hooked into the Fate series (not all) and am obsessed with Shirou x Saber!
Also, forever hoping for a ufotable remake of the Fate route!
Oct 5, 2018 6:02 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Interesting first episode!

Oh my word, it’s gorgeous! I must say, though, the production value and art/animation is just top-notch and I hope they can maintain this throughout the course of the show like they did with NagiAsu. Furthermore, I’m glad that the Sound Department, just the ED and an ost so far though, of this show is just as brilliant and a great soothing company too. So far, the introduction of the Characters seem to be pretty well done and I’m assuming Drama to take its toll somewhere around the mid-Season. I’m not quite sure but I feel as though the whole time travel aspect of the show felt a little lacking in this first episode, so I hope they clarify it in time. I found it to be hilarious how her Granny just come up to her and told her to go back in time and see her younger firm and whatnot, although it felt really out of place there. I feel bad for her for being transported to a stranger’s house though, lol. Hiding under the bed though in such quick time, impressive! For now, the stylish setting and the concept of magic is brilliant and I’m enjoying the directing of the show! I’m also very curious as to how she got to experience seeing the colours after such a long time, is she not fully colourblind after all?

Will definitely keep up with this show, and consequently have high hopes! I really hope it delivers with the Storyline and the Characterization now, surely the Art/Animation and Sound Department will keep the journey enjoyable anyway! Probably.
_MushiRock11_Oct 5, 2018 11:23 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 5, 2018 6:02 PM

Jul 2017
That was a really lovely episode. Visuals were stunning, story seems kinda interesting for now but I hope the writing doesn't go overboard. It has promise I can't deny that.
Oct 5, 2018 6:16 PM

Dec 2014
Great start.

The Art is amazing, lovely and stunning. Has a pleasant atmosphere but seems to have a slight poignant tone to it because of our MC's current mindset.

The characters seem pretty good so far, we haven't seen too much of Aoi yet but he seems like a good guy too.

I guess this first episode was pretty much a visual showcase and setup but the direction is definitely very nice.

Looking forward to see where this goes, might turn into something really great.
Oct 5, 2018 6:22 PM

Oct 2015
Really dislike the shifting of black and white. I guess it's build-up for the last scene but with how vibrant the world already looked it didn't stand out as much. We still don't know the reason why she was sent there nor anything as to why our MC is an edge lord but hopefully we get answers by the end of the show

Main male MC is likeable already.
Oct 5, 2018 6:48 PM
Jun 2016
Please don't be predictable by making her fall in love with her grandfather. Anything but that.
Oct 5, 2018 6:59 PM

Jan 2016
The art and soundtracks alone are enough to make me stay. Jesus,, this anime is gorgeous sdjjdsds I'm definitely not dropping this even if the plot goes downhill
Oct 5, 2018 7:15 PM

Sep 2015
BlueSkylark said:
Is it only me or does this setting feel a bit to contrived. ^^'

the setting doesn't feeel contrived... it is contrived.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

290 by donovaneme89 »»
May 6, 7:59 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

72 by basskiller »»
Dec 1, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2018

97 by basskiller »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

62 by basskiller »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2018

114 by basskiller »»
Nov 25, 2023 7:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.