Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 5, 2017 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cool, we're getting more focus on Tora this episode.
Tbh, she actually seems like a normal girl outside of her duties and role in this show.

Not surprised that Tora would take the fall. Whenever there's a background about a certain character, they usually don't end up well. What's creepy is that Usagi is the one trying to still kill after what happened to him. Jesus Christ, can he get any more creepier? ;o

Going to miss Tora. She was a likeable character imo from this show.
Stark700Dec 5, 2017 9:13 AM
Dec 5, 2017 7:45 AM

Aug 2016
Most sentimental episode so far, never expected this show would have such a side.
The sentimental part started out a bit lame but the end with Tora saying they have never met is upgrading the scene to a new level. Sawano's music matches scene well. Tora </3 Now I ship Ushii x Tora, not as lovers, but soulmates.

Stark700 said:

What's creepy is that Usagi is the one trying to still kill after what happened to him. Jesus Christ, can he get any more creepier? ;o

Same. Then does thatmean Usagi's brain/ soul can control all dead bodies even without own body, as long as the brain is not smashed? I even believed someone else is controlling the dead bodies apart from Usagi, that the mastermind is outside the scene.
一期一会
Dec 5, 2017 9:11 AM

Jun 2015
This is the best episode so far. I'm glad Rabbit is not dead. He stabbed Tiger right through her. Got to see more of her backstory. So she actually met Ox before way back then. He didn't recognize her during the game. Tiger died a noble death. Rabbit has gotten a lot more creepy.
Dec 5, 2017 9:28 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This was the best episode yet

I didn't expect these two to have such a rich history so I was pleasantly surprised by it all since they have pretty nice chemistry with each other (Honestly I would ship them together if this were not a death battle)

It's a shame that he didn't remember her though....Part of me hopes that he did but that seems unlikely at this point....I'm really loving Ox now but I feel like Horse is gonna be zombified and kill this guy or maybe Monkey will be the one to do it
Dec 5, 2017 9:35 AM

Sep 2011
Not sure how I would quote from another thread, but... definitely called last week that Usagi was going to pull something like this. I don't really get how he could still be controlling his own dead body even after Ushii cuts his head (and thus his brain) in half, that's a pretty frightening power. Also, can Usagi technically still win? He obviously won't since we all know they're setting it up to have Nezumi win, but I mean would it even be allowed under the Juuni Taisen's rules for him to win at this point, since he is technically dead? Or is he out of the running now even though he can still move under his own will and potentially kill other competitors?

I'm curious to see how Nezumi pulls off the win though, since we really haven't seen him do much of anything except run, hide, and stealth in and out of Uuma's stronghold. I doubt it would happen without him at least having to appear and deal the finishing blow himself, but wouldn't it be a real kick in the pants if he won without doing anything, just let Usagi's corpse kill Ushii and then take the win on a technicality from Usagi having already been killed? More likely though, I'd bet he lets them fight it out until Ushii finds a way to completely neutralize Usagi, but he's substantially weakened from the fight and Nezumi just ninja-shanks him. Well, we'll see in two weeks.

EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Dec 5, 2017 9:43 AM

Feb 2016
Is it me or during the dialogue scenes the animation dropped? Looked like the artist just gave up
Dec 5, 2017 9:50 AM

Oct 2017
GangsterCat said:
where is our future champion Rat??????

He's somewhere looking for... um, something. Well, you know, he asked Horse about that person so you probably have a vague idea what exactly he's looking for.

Dec 5, 2017 10:02 AM

Sep 2017
background story with Tora and Ox was really nice, the best one so far in my opinion.
And the end part of the episode was really emotional, pretty unusual for this anime.
I really loved this episode and Rabbit ist absolutely creepy. I wonder what will happen in the last two episodes, since the anime didn't become as predictable for me as I initially thought, with some early deaths and unusual plot twists.
Dec 5, 2017 10:10 AM

Jan 2009
RIP Tiger she is one of the best girl because of this episode, all she wanted was someone to look up to like the Genius Ox and also i think she fall in love with Ox because of her idolizing him so much
Dec 5, 2017 10:15 AM

Jun 2009
still now flashback of nezumi
he is the best
Dec 5, 2017 10:20 AM

May 2016
BlackstarFallen said:
This is the best episode so far. I'm glad Rabbit is not dead.
He is dead, he's just a puppet of his own soul now.
Dec 5, 2017 10:21 AM

May 2016
pintobeans said:
Is it me or during the dialogue scenes the animation dropped? Looked like the artist just gave up
I don't think Graphinica has the best budget ever as they are relatively inactive, so I'm guessing they had to cut some slack when doing the non-action scenes.
Dec 5, 2017 10:22 AM

May 2016
My fav Tora finally goes... they really did this chapter justice. I just now don't know how they're gonna stretch the last two chapters out.
Dec 5, 2017 10:32 AM

Mar 2016
God :( why does the rabbit still gotta be alive! He’s so damn annoying!
Tora I think had the best backstory ... I actually sorta wanted her to win.
Sad that Ox didn’t remember her, but I definitely think better of ox now then before ... seeing him with Tora in the past and now definitely sheds a different light on his character.

Only if that bitch rabbit would die then there would just be Rat (ewwwwww) vs Ox
God the two characters that I hate the most ended up living never the end :’[

Can’t wait for next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2017 10:33 AM
Mar 2016
Whoa, the bunny is sooo mangle up, that his body parts moving like that violate the laws of physics, so RIP to the Tiger Killed in honor

EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!
Dec 5, 2017 10:36 AM
Jul 2016
HopbeeK said:
Most sentimental episode so far, never expected this show would have such a side.
The sentimental part started out a bit lame but the end with Tora saying they have never met is upgrading the scene to a new level. Sawano's music matches scene well. Tora </3 Now I ship Ushii x Tora, not as lovers, but soulmates.

Stark700 said:

What's creepy is that Usagi is the one trying to still kill after what happened to him. Jesus Christ, can he get any more creepier? ;o

Same. Then does thatmean Usagi's brain/ soul can control all dead bodies even without own body, as long as the brain is not smashed? I even believed someone else is controlling the dead bodies apart from Usagi, that the mastermind is outside the scene.

It is Go Shiina doing the music actually...
Dec 5, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2015
ahhhh this was the best episode so far!! the continuation of Tora's story was great, I'm glad it was Ox who ended her life for good. Tora's inner monologue was very touchy, broke my heart when she said "This is the first time we've ever met". the soundtrack served its purpose imo. actually the first death that made me feel something (I mean A Lot™)
Dec 5, 2017 10:55 AM

Sep 2017
Only two episodes and two fighters left. Tora has my respect, she just wanted to prove to Ushii that she was a worthy opponent and ended up getting stabed by Usagi. If the reverse zodiac pattern continues, Rat will win, but Nisioisin is a troll and I would expect some sort of twist ending from him. Let's see what happens.
Dec 5, 2017 11:13 AM
Jul 2016
This was actually a pretty good episode after the mess that were the twins' flashbacks and Rabbit not getting a backstory.
This is more of what this show should have been doing instead of anti-climatic deaths just for the sake of it.
Dec 5, 2017 11:26 AM

Sep 2010
Tora proved herself to be worthy...fell sorry for the girl

only Ushi and Nezumi left and usagi's corpse won't make it easy

...almost regret reading the light novel
Dec 5, 2017 11:27 AM
( ̄y▽ ̄)╭ Ohohoho.

Jul 2013
As many others have already said: Best episode so far! I absolutely loved it, there were actually some really intense emotions.

Really beautiful and sad :(

I will show no mercy for you
You had no mercy for me
The only thing that I ask
Love me mercilessly
Dec 5, 2017 11:36 AM
Nov 2016
Yeaaap, I knew it.... Rabbit bit himself so that he could control himself after death.... Man, this show is too predictable.

We got more of Tiger's back story... Ushii seems like an honourable guy. Sad that he won't win because the Rat will win(All my predictions are coming through and this one will too)
Dec 5, 2017 12:01 PM

Jul 2010
Waiting for rabbit's background story :(
Dec 5, 2017 12:06 PM

Aug 2012
crappiest episode so far. Tiger died so stupid and fast and everything was overly melodramatic...
Dec 5, 2017 12:10 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't expect Ox and Tiger to already know each other from the past. Well it looks like Ox doesn't remember her, but still.

Rabbit still proves to be a pain in the ass, killing himself so that he could control his corpse. I would have liked it if Ox and Tiger fought a little before Rabbit got involved, but oh well. I'm used to anticlimactic deaths in this show by now.

Things got pretty emotional toward the end, but at least Ox dealt the final blow so Tiger wouldn't become a zombie (but with how long Tiger took to say her goddamn name, I thought Rabbit would catch up and surprise attack lol). I was hoping Ox was pretending not to remember Tiger, but I guess he was serious about that.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 5, 2017 12:12 PM

Sep 2015
I got no words, I don't need none neither:

This picture says it all.
Dec 5, 2017 12:38 PM

Jan 2013
its a long shot but despite his killing style and ability, i have a very very stupid feeling there will be a twist and think Rabbit was dead to begin with since he most likely wont have a backstory??
next week is the Ox and there's only so much room for the Rat's at the final especially with a possible confrontation with the host.

i must say...they actually made me care about a character with little screentime Tiger initially got beforehand with these two episodes. and they really let it easy on the girls' deaths compared to the others despite some turning to bird chow and whatever's going to happen to Monkey's corpse
Dec 5, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
pintobeans said:

the studio who animated this anime specializes in 3D animation to begin with (see their other work Expelled from Paradise that is full 3D animation) so maybe they do not have enough 2D animators for this show since as you notice the 2D animation is bad except for the first few episodes at the start of the show but that was animated long ago before the anime started so they have plenty of time to animate it great
Dec 5, 2017 1:28 PM

Dec 2016
Dumb, like I don't care about any of these characters and boring flashbacks for most of them doesn't change that. This show could've been way better if it was focused more on long battles with strategy rather than boring backstories and one shot kills
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Dec 5, 2017 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, wasn't expecting this show to have such a tone shift,but like some others I liked this episode the most so far.

The backstory this time around was pretty cute, but the way things developed between Tora and Ox were simply tragic :S Her sacrifice earns respect,it was obvious that Usagi wouldn't go down so easily.

The part which surprised me the most wss the "romantic" sendoff scene under the tree, that got me off guard,in a pleasant way,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 5, 2017 1:37 PM

Jul 2013
I knew Rabbit was not done yet. That crazy bastard was too twisted to be taken down that easily.
Also, I have to admit it, most of the times, even when he was doing something disturbing, I found Rabbit funny due his ridiculous design, but seeing him moving his body parts like a zombie and with the screech he made when Ushii cut his head in half, made him actually very creepy.

Wow, Tiger death really made me sad. In other instances, when a fighter died, it was more like "oh, what a pity, he/she was cool, he could have made something more", but this was one of the few deaths who actually made me feel something other than disappointment. It helps that, unlike the other fighters, she not only didn't have an anticlimatic death, but that she fulfilled her wish of seeing Ox again, whereas the others died without accomplishing nothing at all. In fact, I say Tiger has grown on me a lot with this episode and the other one, since, her transition from a jaded individual who turned into a feral beast due her lost in faith in humankind to a woman trying to found again the man who rescued her from the darkness and managed to get her in the "right path" again was honestly touching. She has became one of my favourite characters now.
And, man, they killed her when I was starting to ship her with Ox... fucking Nisio ruining my ship again :`(

Also, I liked Ox already, but this episode suddenly made him even more likeable to my eyes. I wonder how he is going to end by the next episode, since, with zombie Rabitt and Monkey, he is going to have a hard time. Now, and seeing his absence for those many episodes, I'm convinced Rat is going to win this.
Dec 5, 2017 1:50 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, all the females in this show were surprisingly good characters. I can't say the same for the males, though.

Time to update..

Symbolism of Zodiacs:
Snake: Rebirth, transformation, immortality, and healing due to the shedding of their skin. Also known as a "creative life force."
Boar: Defense, war, courage.
Dog: Guidance, protection, loyalty, faithfulness.
Chicken: A symbol of parental and spiritual love
Monkey: Tails represent tools of balance and control.
Sheep: Renewal, purification, compassion.
Horse: A universal symbol of freedom without restraint.
Dragon: Chinese dragons traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, typhoons, and floods.
Rabbit: Symbolic rabbit meanings deal primarily with abundance, comfort, and vulnerability. Traditionally, rabbits are associated with fertility, sentiment, desire, and procreation.
Tiger: Patience. Fiery strength of will. Greatest potential.

The irony of their deaths:
Snake: He is still killing people even after his death, hence the "creativeness" and "rebirth."
Boar: Her arrogance (or twisted form of "courage") did her in.
Dog: He was too trusting of Chicken.
Chicken: She let her birds eat her, hence the "parental love" part.
Monkey: Her personality is all about peace or "control." She died because she couldn't control Rabbit/get through to him/figure him out. Everything was out of control for her.
Sheep: This one is kind of a stretch, but he was old, so I guess that figures on the "renewal" part. Either that, or his "compassion" for replacing his son in the war ended up killing him.
Horse: He died in a barricaded room with no escape.
Dragon: Liquid nitrogen. Pretty obvious symbolism there.
Rabbit: ???
Tiger: She threw away her potential to win the whole thing. It was also ironic that she lived the life of a drunk with no patience or determination/will to do anything.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 5, 2017 1:55 PM

Aug 2013
This episode made me like Tiger even more. The ending was emotional and I feel bad for her. Her backstory was the only interesting one so far.

Dec 5, 2017 2:17 PM
Jun 2017
Best episode until now of Juuni Teisen, Tora dies as a soldier who has found his life goal, die as a legend!

Gonna miss her :'c
Dec 5, 2017 2:22 PM
Dec 2017
So does rabbit die in the Manga, I know kw he is dead but does he live on as a walking dead corpse
Dec 5, 2017 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
I agree with most people here. Best episode by far.
Dec 5, 2017 2:42 PM

Jan 2013
It was aight. I guess i shouldn have gotten my hopes up for Toras and Oxs duel...

Glad the homie Rabbit isn't dead though
Dec 5, 2017 2:45 PM

Jun 2015
Zelev said:
Damn, all the females in this show were surprisingly good characters. I can't say the same for the males, though.

Time to update..

Symbolism of Zodiacs:
Snake: Rebirth, transformation, immortality, and healing due to the shedding of their skin. Also known as a "creative life force."
Boar: Defense, war, courage.
Dog: Guidance, protection, loyalty, faithfulness.
Chicken: A symbol of parental and spiritual love
Monkey: Tails represent tools of balance and control.
Sheep: Renewal, purification, compassion.
Horse: A universal symbol of freedom without restraint.
Dragon: Chinese dragons traditionally symbolize potent and auspicious powers, particularly control over water, rainfall, typhoons, and floods.
Rabbit: Symbolic rabbit meanings deal primarily with abundance, comfort, and vulnerability. Traditionally, rabbits are associated with fertility, sentiment, desire, and procreation.
Tiger: Patience. Fiery strength of will. Greatest potential.

The irony of their deaths:
Snake: He is still killing people even after his death, hence the "creativeness" and "rebirth."
Boar: Her arrogance (or twisted form of "courage") did her in.
Dog: He was too trusting of Chicken.
Chicken: She let her birds eat her, hence the "parental love" part.
Monkey: Her personality is all about peace or "control." She died because she couldn't control Rabbit/get through to him/figure him out. Everything was out of control for her.
Sheep: This one is kind of a stretch, but he was old, so I guess that figures on the "renewal" part. Either that, or his "compassion" for replacing his son in the war ended up killing him.
Horse: He died in a barricaded room with no escape.
Dragon: Liquid nitrogen. Pretty obvious symbolism there.
Rabbit: ???
Tiger: She threw away her potential to win the whole thing. It was also ironic that she lived the life of a drunk with no patience or determination/will to do anything.

Love this.

For some reaosn, this show gives me Nisio Isin vibes but like if somebody just took his script and jumbled it up stupidly. I like so much about this show, but it really is wayyyy too predictable, especially with the deaths.

Still, the symbolism of deaths and their correlation is a nice touch to justify what probably started as Nisio's weird taste in clothing design.
Dec 5, 2017 2:46 PM

Oct 2014
This show is impressive in how it plays with my expectations. At first, I thought this would just be another death game, but it's really good at getting me to care about the characters beyond just a surface level.

I was kind of sad that Tora didn't tell Ushii about when they first met and the impact he had on her, but it would have made it hard for Ushii to kill her and she didn't want to trouble him... sad ending but also kinda happy because she got to fight him sort of.
Dec 5, 2017 2:57 PM
Oct 2015
If only the ED did not spoil the death order.
Dec 5, 2017 3:08 PM

May 2014
If anything ,this series develops the characters nicely.

HopbeeK said:

Good post!
Dec 5, 2017 3:10 PM
Apr 2016
Always knew Ushi was a hero of Justice... but what tragedy.

What happened with Saru? She could still be controlled...
Re:formed
Dec 5, 2017 3:25 PM

Jul 2016
Rabbit turned the epo into a horror anime

Tiger sacrifice makes me proud as someone born in the year of the tiger myself , wish we still learned more about the rabbit in the past epo thought rather than having 2 epo for tiger
Dec 5, 2017 3:33 PM

Oct 2014
I mean, when I started watching a battle royale anime, I was kind of expecting, oh idk Battle???
Instead we have a show where action is more prevalent in flashbacks than in present time. When Tora got stabbed I said, "wow this shows trash." Should have expected yet another anticlimactic death.
"My name is Yoshikage Kira. I'm 33 years old. My house is in the northeast section of Morioh, where the villas are, and i am not married. I work as an employee for the Kame Yu department stores, and i get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but i occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get 8 hours of sleep, no matter what. After having a glass of warm milk and doing about twenty minutes of stretches before going to bed, I usually have no problems sleeping until morning. Just like a baby, I wake up without any fatigue or stress in the morning. I was told there were no issues at my last checkup."
Dec 5, 2017 3:37 PM

Jan 2010
had a feeling that killing the rabbit wasn't enough
I liked this episode, but Tora's monologue was repetitive at times and tiring to hear over and over
personally I don't think she deserved two whole episodes since her story could've been crammed in one just fine
Dec 5, 2017 3:39 PM
Apr 2016
Raptors0verlord said:
Rabbit turned the epo into a horror anime

Tiger sacrifice makes me proud as someone born in the year of the tiger myself , wish we still learned more about the rabbit in the past epo thought rather than having 2 epo for tiger

Honestly together with the music, this was one of the scariest stuff I have seen, while not being scared. It was the ferocity and profound insanity that kept him going even when he himself, his physical being holding his spiritual one, was destroyed. This was, in terms of impact, the best episode of this series.
Re:formed
Dec 5, 2017 3:42 PM

Jan 2017
Why is this anime so amazing... If this was a game I'd play it

I wonder what's going on with the rat warrior hasn't had much of a presence lately, then again he is a rat -doing what date do best.
Dec 5, 2017 4:08 PM

Apr 2015
It's Ushio no Tora XD
Dec 5, 2017 4:43 PM

Jan 2014
Is this series actually a masterpiece? :D
Rabbit killed half of the cast. Sacrificed himself just to kill even more (even if he can't "win" this way). Also we seem to be forgetting about the poison. Rabbit obviously was gathering them, but I don't think Ox and Tiger picked them up before running away. So those are probably still in the pile of rabbit meat.

It's gonna be either everyone dieing. Or I think if Rat wins somehow he will wish for humanity to die or something. He did hint as being disgusted by the humans he protects. And his line IS "killing everyone". So yeah. If it's the latter, then this series is a 10/10 for me. :D
Dec 5, 2017 5:35 PM

Nov 2014
WHY DIDNT TIGER TOLD HIM THAT SHE WAS THE GRIL HE SAVED, AAAAAARGH THATS ALL I WANTED TO SEE, IM SO ANGERY
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Should I avoid watching the ED until after I've finished the series?

Jax - Jan 22

4 by StarlightShiba »»
Jan 31, 7:01 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

211 by Stuntdrath »»
Dec 27, 2023 5:04 PM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2017

197 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2017

112 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 6:41 AM

Poll: » Juuni Taisen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2017

222 by Bakunoaato »»
Jul 28, 2023 5:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.