Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 16, 2016 5:28 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Time to go home Gohan fans....He's eternally fucked -_-
Jul 16, 2016 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
Looks more like a buildup episode. Those Gohan flashbacks really gave me a nostalgia though..
Jul 16, 2016 6:34 PM

Apr 2010
Nice little episode. Gohan was never a fighter so it doesn't surprise me that he won't be fighting much in the future.
Jul 16, 2016 6:44 PM

Jul 2015
NOOO GOHAN!!!
"I couldn't even feel his ki" -Future Trunks.
Nice ep, but it does feel like they're taking their sweet time getting to Black.
Jul 16, 2016 7:30 PM

Dec 2015
Is Future Mr.Satan still alive? Seeing both Trunks and Mr.Satan together here makes me wonder.
Fellaini is God
Jul 16, 2016 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
So I know a lot of fans will bitch about Gohan and I understand cause he has been my favorite character for 20 years. But can't we just be happy for him? He is living a peaceful life with his wife and child. With Goku and vegeta there, there is really no reason for Gohan to focus on fighting. So how about we just be happy that one of our favorite characters is living a peaceful life with his family?
Jul 16, 2016 10:19 PM

Feb 2013
Another good episode. The Future Trunks arc is awesome until now
Jul 16, 2016 10:56 PM
Jun 2008
Dragon Ball Super actually made me drop a tear.

Having to see his dead master living happily with his family was too much for Trunks.
He didn't have that option.

shion16Jul 16, 2016 11:00 PM
Jul 17, 2016 2:04 AM
Oct 2014
I am not sure about this but Isn't God Ki undetectable by normal saiyans as well?

I sound like a Gohan fanboy but could that allude to Gohan being stronger than he originally is?

It really doesn't make sense for Gohan to train with Piccolo and like for not him to get any stronger at all.
Jul 17, 2016 2:08 AM
Dec 2012
Gohan did nothing wrong.....its all Chichi's fault.

And she is trying to fuck up Goten with studies, too.
Jul 17, 2016 4:52 AM

Dec 2010
Yea, does feel like gohan is pretty much out of the picture now. Can probably say that for certain now sadly. That and didnt even remember to ask why trunks came back, would've thought with all that happened with cell, it'd be something worth noting and asking about.

Good episode in any case, cool to see trunks looking less stressed out now.
Jul 17, 2016 5:20 AM

Dec 2014
that was filler much.. pan is so cute.... I hope trunks finds out soon that 18 is krillin's wife
Jul 17, 2016 5:46 AM

Jan 2012
Daaaayum, both Trunks want their respective Mais bad! XD Yes Trunks, your idol is now a nerd, but a happy one. XD So a Supreme Kai in training eh? Interesting...
Jul 17, 2016 6:49 AM

Jun 2015
Lol toriyama did gohan dirty, he was such a badass before.
Jul 17, 2016 6:57 AM

Apr 2014
Trunks, we know how you feel bro

Gohan turned into a fucking disappointment

Jul 17, 2016 7:07 AM

Aug 2015
So they integrated Trunk's future film story in the canon? Nice.

Sorry Trunks, Gohan is a pansy these days.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 17, 2016 7:12 AM

Dec 2011
OrangeJP said:

Lol it is not because of Gohan he is a crying though
Jul 17, 2016 7:39 AM

Apr 2014
kaitonic said:
OrangeJP said:

Lol it is not because of Gohan he is a crying though

I know. I just thought it would be funny if I included Trunk's crying face XD

Jul 17, 2016 8:11 AM

Feb 2013
I knew Gohan stopped training a long time ago, but I was hoping something else from him, what a letdown, the flashback from the fight against Cell almost made me cry.
Jul 17, 2016 8:24 AM
Jun 2013
An episode of DBZ without any fighting, except that brief Vegeta training session massacring drones. The entire episode feels dragged out like a filler, especially the visiting Gohan part. And, really Trunks, you didn't know what you've been fighting for this whole time. Is saving the remaining humans, avenging your mother or heck just staying alive from Black not good enough reason lol. Looks like Pan might be the first female super saiyan, at least if she doesn't follow Gohan's path. I want to see if Toriyama continue the series until Pan grown-up. Can't wait to learn Black's identity next episode.
Jul 17, 2016 8:40 AM

Jun 2016
plz no more body snatching. its all i ask
Scream!
Jul 17, 2016 8:59 AM
Jul 2018
I am disappointed in gohan to say the least, but given the direction of his training post cell saga and what he had to do during the Buu saga to catch up to goku I suppose it was obvious that his training drive was lacking and his studies were taking hold. Damn you Chi-Chi!!!!!
Jul 17, 2016 9:10 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode, Kid Trunks is jealous :3

Glad to see Trunks meeting Gohan, Though it looks like Gohan will never see the light of battle again.
Future Trunk's flashback of his ideal life was so sad :(
Pan OP xD

Next episode should prove interesting with the green Kai.
Jul 17, 2016 9:32 AM

Jul 2015
Tokoya said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Time to go home Gohan fans....He's eternally fucked -_-

Yeah even Trunks realized he's gone.
Jul 17, 2016 9:48 AM

Jul 2015
ibraheem234 said:
that was filler much.. pan is so cute.... I hope trunks finds out soon that 18 is krillin's wife

That reveal will be something alright
Jul 17, 2016 10:24 AM

Jun 2007
RIP Gohan

You will be missed!
Jul 17, 2016 10:32 AM

Aug 2014
I thought it was a nice character piece for Trunks, trying to sort of get adjusted to a "normal" life and such. Yeah it sucks that Gohan will probably never be as badass as he was in the Cell Saga but that doesn't mean his character is bad.

Overall a nice episode, the "Goku Black" saga (or whatever the official name is) has been killing it so far (at least compared to the other arcs which were...kind of terrible).
Jul 17, 2016 10:38 AM

Jul 2015
Well you know that fighting isn't everything don't you? studying is also impo-------------!! oh Vegeta-san you didn't have to hit me, I didn't mean it like that!
>>>>

RIP badass Gohan. I will love you anyhow and forever.

Anyways nice building up episode. To be honest I think this is what DB Super has been lacking so far. It shouldn't just be rushing and punching each other. Talking and interacting are always appreciated! Serious arcs need thorough build-up!

Good arc so far ~
Jul 17, 2016 10:43 AM

Apr 2014
Nothing much happened until few last mins.
So he was like that before he became Black...wonder what make him wanting to become Goku tho.
Jul 17, 2016 10:53 AM
Jul 2018
RIP Future Gohan!
Jul 17, 2016 11:03 AM

Jun 2012
I watched today's episode for some good story and seeing Future Trunks connecting with Gohan. I did not expect or want feels. I got feels.

='(
Jul 17, 2016 11:06 AM

Feb 2016
4/5 good enough.....
Jul 17, 2016 11:21 AM
May 2013
i'm surprised everyone's main topic here is Gohan's lack of strength. that what-if moment Trunks had about his life without Black was heart-wrenching. been a while since Dragon Ball did something that powerful.

as always, excited for the next one. let's see what Zamasu is all about.
Jul 17, 2016 12:01 PM

Jan 2016
Poor F-Trunks, he really wanted to live a life exactly as the present characters. If it weren't for the androids and Black...

About the Universe 10 journey, Goku is always testing the strong foes while Vegeta stays back lol Next ep seems to have some action, gotta wait
THANKS SENPIEX
Jul 17, 2016 12:35 PM

May 2014
Alright ep. Pretty nice to see that Trunks got his motivation back by visiting Gohan. It's gonna be interesting how this plays out with Black Goku and what relation he has to the Kaioshin. Oh well, I just hope they don't ruin as always. ^^
Jul 17, 2016 12:43 PM

Oct 2008
felipecardel said:
i'm surprised everyone's main topic here is Gohan's lack of strength. that what-if moment Trunks had about his life without Black was heart-wrenching. been a while since Dragon Ball did something that powerful.

^This
Retarded fandom.
Jul 17, 2016 1:14 PM

Jan 2015
HATUL said:
felipecardel said:

^This
Retarded fandom.

I'm surprised and kinda sad to see lots of fans calling Gohan names if he's exactly where he wanted to be, pursuing a carreer and happy with his wife and baby. What the fuck. I'm pretty much aware that this is Dragonball but I'm glad to see a more humanized side of the story.

The story is getting to an interesting point, Zamasu is the new possible bad guy under the spotlight. Also, Whis and Beerus are looking likely to be key characters for the next episodes and it makes me happy as their help will be much appreciated (and they may end up overlooking the time travels lol).

It seems next week there will be no new episode, resuming on July 31, but we'll need confirmation later.
Jul 17, 2016 1:43 PM

Jul 2016
It's repetitive seeing Goku always sparring with the new enemy, geez.
And damn, that ep really made me feel sympathetic towards Future Trunks.
Jul 17, 2016 2:06 PM
Oct 2012
HATUL said:
felipecardel said:

^This
Retarded fandom.

Not more retarded than beating a dead horse.
We've felt for Trunks before in the android arc saga, now they rehashing and expanding his pain for the sake of yelling "POOR BABY, FEEL SORRY FOR HIM!". Future Trunks has officially become the Woobie of Dragon Ball and that's just another character Super has ruined.
Jul 17, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2010
It doesn't matter if Gohan won't be a fighter, because it looks like Pan will kick ass in his stead triple time lol. Besides, he might invent something important.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Jul 17, 2016 3:48 PM

May 2013
Takuto_Shindou said:
HATUL said:

^This
Retarded fandom.

We've felt for Trunks before in the android arc saga, now they rehashing and expanding his pain for the sake of yelling "POOR BABY, FEEL SORRY FOR HIM!". Future Trunks has officially become the Woobie of Dragon Ball and that's just another character Super has ruined.

I have to say, I strongly disagree.

In DBZ, Trunks was so focused on getting his father to accept him, we didn't really see him coming to terms with everything that was 'taken' from him. He's never showed any ill feeling towards his counterpart, nor have we seen him show any jealousy towards this universe like he did in this episode.
Also, remember that in Z his primary purpose was to change *their* future by providing a warning, although I can't remember at what point he was aware it wouldn't change his.

In this episode we actually get to see Trunks envy what other people have and picture his own *personal* desires for the future. I don't think that's ruining a character; that's showing him not just as 'The Hero of the Future', but as a young man fighting for his own (and everyone else's) dream.
Jul 17, 2016 3:58 PM
May 2013
Takuto_Shindou said:
HATUL said:

^This
Retarded fandom.

you're literally the second person among hundreds with this opinion. so nah, f-trunks and this arc rule
Jul 17, 2016 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
it's nice seeing trunks and pan together for a bit brought some nostalgia back.... I'm Also glad to see that pan still got that fire cracker Gt version inside of her even has a baby LOL...

as for gohan I'm honestly happy where he is. he has a family and living his dream to become a Scholar..

Future gohan and present gohan are two different people

Future Gohan choose the life like a saiyan Due to the chaos of the Future

present Gohan chose the life of a Human because that horrible future never happen though chi chi influence might have cause some of it :P

oh yeah i think they made a reference to the Bojack movie
Jul 17, 2016 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
I loved to see the Gohan flashback vs Cell. The good old DBZ times from my childhood :)

Episode was okay. Like some here mentioned it felt like an build up episode for next week. Now you really could see how pissed Vegeta was, would like to see him or Trunks fighting Black.

To see Gohan now how he is it feels nice and sad at the same time. At one hand I would love to see him fight again, on the other hand he has a good life, a family and he seems happy. :)
Sad for Trunks. Black took everything of him, but because of Gohan now he know for what he has to fight.

Seems that Whis finally found out who Black could be. The preview looks very promising :)

Jul 17, 2016 6:52 PM

Jan 2009
lol Gohan is no longer a warrior, and next episode is the true identity of Black named Zamasu
Jul 17, 2016 7:49 PM

Feb 2015
And the end this episode bored me, but the different universes cause me doubts.
Jul 17, 2016 8:11 PM
Nov 2015
You know I've already accepted Gohan isn't a fighter anymore but then they bring my excitement back with the whole Gohan telling Piccolo to train him again to *Protect his Family*. And of course they sweep that under the rug and throw that character development out in the trash. You'd think those flashbacks would bring an idea in Toriyama's head on why Gohan was such a loved character. Anyways I thought we'd get an update on that training subplot and Trunks would speed him on what's going on, BUT NOT EVEN THAT!!

It was nice seeing Trunks and Pan together having watched GT. But the whole Trunks having found his reason for fighting is beyond ridiculous. I'm sure he knew that before hand after beating Cell and the androids. Been enjoying the arc so far bar the bad animation moments but I gotta call it on how it is for this one guys. Piccolo is still doing yard work. Goten is still nowhere to be seen.
Jul 17, 2016 8:21 PM

Dec 2012
It's sad to see Gohan like this...
Jul 17, 2016 8:26 PM
Feb 2015

This scene makes no sense. Didn't Trunks first meet Mai when Black was fucking shit up? I thought they mostly only hung out during their battles and shit and even then, they were living in a shithole cause of all the damage and destruction Black caused. Why is everything bright and happy? Is that just what he wishes would have happened? Is he forgetting if Black never happened, he never would have met Mai to begin with... SO YE!
Jul 17, 2016 9:32 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
gloryandgore said:
Gohan is the reason I'm alive he's too precious

Looks like I'm a Gohan since I bite the ice cream.

Very powerful episode. I honestly felt bad for Trunks, the poor dude just can't live a happy life and when he does seem to settle, new enemies appear.

Videl's expression at Great Saiyaman. And Pan, that girl has a lot of cuteness.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 65 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

114 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 29, 2016

100 by satyrelfheim »»
Yesterday, 9:01 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 96 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2017

70 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 17, 4:50 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 95 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2017

87 by TheColonel76 »»
Sep 17, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2016

113 by satyrelfheim »»
Sep 16, 8:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.