Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 24, 2017 5:23 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well at least the tournament is about to start now after all the buildup. Felt like it spent more time it should on Universe 7 for first half of this episode though.

Still, I am glad to see Hit, Cabba, Caulifla, etc showing up.
Also for some reason, I am really looking forward to seeing Goku fight that Jiren guy from Universe 11.

About time this tournament about to begin. My the best team win!
Jun 24, 2017 5:33 PM

Oct 2011
when roshi doesn't even react to females you know its the end of the World for real now lol

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Jun 24, 2017 6:16 PM
Dec 2015
They really love stretching this arc. A few more teasing from the other universes.
Jun 24, 2017 6:27 PM

Jan 2012
Interesting fighters and witty banter. Wasn't expecting a yardrat.
Jun 24, 2017 6:44 PM

Jan 2013
jeffu said:
when roshi doesn't even react to females you know its the end of the World for real now lol

I'm glad he finally has some character development lol

This episode was pretty good as a set up. I kinda hate how Jiren looks already, I'm sure I won't like him
Jun 24, 2017 6:49 PM

Jul 2015
Caulifla denying Goku's handshake lmao. I bet she's gonna be all over our saiyan's once they show off their transformations. I really hope Goku, Vegeta, or Gohan take on the universe 6 saiyans in their base forms (meaning our guys in base and uni 6 saiyans transformed) I wanna believe that universe 7 saiyans are stronger than universe 6 saiyans. Jiren looks more like a Yamamoto than a Jiren lmao
Jun 24, 2017 6:54 PM

Apr 2014
Too bad I am going to miss next week's episode. X( got a freaking camping trip...
Jun 24, 2017 6:55 PM
Jan 2016
That Jiren speed o.O
Jun 24, 2017 7:05 PM
Jan 2013
Holy Crap, great episode. Unfortunately, the interesting parts starts next episode unless we get trolled yet again. Every five minutes is like 5 episodes which sucks. Way to milk the dbz franchise, that is horrible practice that's for sure!
Jun 24, 2017 7:12 PM

Aug 2013
I am glad Toei took their time in this arc to give screen time to each universes preparation. It would be a complete mess if we just see all the new faces in an episode and start dropping like flies soon after the tournament begins. The past few episodes were a bit dragged out tho, with a lot of needless conversations and exchanges of the uni 7 warriors. But it can't be helped if Toei wants to start the tournament along with the summer anime season.

Seems like universe 4 has 2 invisible fighters.

Jiren looks weird :/ too different from the opening.

Idk where universe 9's confidence come from lol.

Next episode looks crazy, the hype finally officially begins.
UImoetardJun 24, 2017 7:15 PM
Jun 24, 2017 7:31 PM

Jan 2009
the exempted 4 universe have some strong god of destructions for sure welp besides the 1 god of destruction that did not show his skill

and lol Frost and Freeza already scheming something evil

Jiren is finally here! i wonder if Goku can beat him
Jun 24, 2017 7:38 PM

Jun 2015
Dayum jiren's gonna fuck everyone up :O

I don't think universe 7's gonna survive tho.
Jun 24, 2017 8:20 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Woah, Jiren looks savage, he made Goku quite surprised. It's gonna be lit next week, that preview oh boy it looks very action packed.

Frost x Frieza
Hmm I wonder what they will be scheming, very interesting to see what those two end up doing.
Overall pretty good introduction to the universes.

Jun 24, 2017 8:31 PM

Dec 2014
okay finalyy the stage is set and the tournament gonna start ....yes
Jun 24, 2017 8:37 PM
Apr 2011
The frieza people are quite the schemers...
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Jun 24, 2017 8:58 PM

Jul 2014
Goku's scared shit! Jiren looks like an absolute badass.
Frieza and Frost's meet up was particularly interesting, though I have little doubts that both are scheming somewhere in their mind to bite behind each others' backs soon once the fight gets going.
Dunno what Tien meant by saying he felt a tiny bit of presence from that Universe who only presented 8 warriors, does this mean there are invisible warriors too? Man that would be a great advantage.
I'm really surprised that they chose the Yardrat to be from Universe 2. I still highly believe that his origins are from either Universe 6 or 7, this might also mean that Universe 11 and 2, which are both counterparts of each other, are a busy lot who recruit warriors or people from other Universe's constantly.
I haven't been excited this much with DBS in a while!
Jun 24, 2017 10:06 PM

Apr 2014
ep was great seeing all the character interactions with each other and all the Saiyans meeting i cant wait to see how Caulifla reacts to the others transformation and to see the reactions to when Kale transforms

oh i cant wait for next ep!!
"one step at a time"
Jun 24, 2017 10:45 PM

Jan 2016
It seems that most universes don't have too many filler characters... From next episode onwards, everything will be chaotic then xD The Freeza and Frost alliance lol I knew those guys would get along sooner or later.

I liked the display of the three Gods of Destruction as well. This pretty much tells that some of them are way too far for most mortals. Though they were treated as cleaners when the Grand Priest ordered them to fix the arena lol I still wonder if all Gods of Destruction have the exact same power level because if we go by design it may be deceiving xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Jun 24, 2017 11:35 PM
Jun 2017
Long time lurker, had to make an account to say this episode got me excited as shit for this tournament. Literally, this episode had everything. Everyone like wtf with freeze, to whis having a team building exercise cause fuck em lol.

Vegeta like fuck you cabba, to caulifla saying fuck you you. Roshi telling you an that he's wasting his breath, and the two freezes up to no good.

Jiren is a monster, gokus all let's have some fun, and jiren like fuck you goku, there can be only one. If you haven't, check out dbz abridged new episode lol.

Typical dbz humor and story, I'm thoroughly enjoying this ride. Stop taking this so seriously and treat this more like goku.
Jun 24, 2017 11:40 PM

Dec 2014
Well, we're finally getting on with the tournament. Some fun interactions with the rest of the universes.

We need more Gods of Destruction fights, that was awesome.

Looking forward to the tournament.
Jun 25, 2017 12:13 AM
Oct 2016
I do not see how universe 7 can win when they are the 2nd weakest.
Jun 25, 2017 12:18 AM

Jun 2016
The No flying thing Makes the tournament even more Interesting

and fuck if only 1 Uni can survive, I dont want the u6 saiyans to die, so sad but so good lol.

grotesque_figure said:
I do not see how universe 7 can win when they are the 2nd weakest.

being 2nd weakest doesnt mean that they have the weaker team, Theres a chance that goku is stronger than everyone else but the overall power of u7 isnt as strong as the overall power of u11
Jun 25, 2017 12:49 AM

Jan 2010
IcyGlacier said:
The No flying thing Makes the tournament even more Interesting

and fuck if only 1 Uni can survive, I dont want the u6 saiyans to die, so sad but so good lol.

As I recall, they didn't say just 1 uni can win. Only the unis with the highest number of warriors left. It means if both u6 and u7 at the end have 10 fighters they win, and every other uni with the same number. I think they will erase one uni at most, or just few irrelevant guys that will fall from the stage.

Man, this Jiren is really something. I can't see Goku going with him toe to toe in base.
So I understand u12 hakaishin is the strongest one. Maybe he's the one Beerus mentioned eariel.
Invisible fighters?Or maybe just small ones?;p that's unusuall. Weird our sayajins can't feel their presence, while they felt u11 before they've arrived.

Well, the hype is real now.

Jun 25, 2017 3:15 AM

Sep 2014
Finally the tournament starts. I like the designs of the other fighters but I was surprised seeing a Yardrat from U2 instead of U6. Jiren looks like he is at least one level above everyone else in the tournament.
Jun 25, 2017 3:36 AM

Feb 2013
Everyone should be careful about Frieza and Frost.
Jun 25, 2017 3:46 AM

Sep 2016
finally jiren appeared. next episode gonna be so hype
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jun 25, 2017 3:46 AM

Apr 2014
Ulquiorra said:
Everyone should be careful about Frieza and Frost.
No sh*t, Sherlock. Freeza and Frost will really mess up in this tournament since they both don't care about their universes and would probably manipulate the GoD's too.
Jun 25, 2017 3:52 AM

Jul 2016
FINALLY! It begins!!

Well folks, we finally made it. The Tournament of Power (Let's call it, ToP for short) has begun! The combatants are set and the roster is complete. Freeza finally meets his otherworldly self and they hatch a dastard plan, Goku finally meets Jiren, and he did not disappoint, Master Roshi's tolerance is put to the test, and the stadium is complete (It was under maintenance), All according to plan. And next episode, they'll finally duke it out! YEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....*EEK*!!!!

Guys, it just hit me. Caulifla is a battle hungry Saiyan and she is a Saiyan who made a record (First female Saiyan). OH MY GOD! Caulifla is Rule 63-Goku! AND the Universe 10 fighters are the otherworld versions of Freeza's men and

Oh Shit.
ONWARDS! Away from homework and on to more anime!!!
Jun 25, 2017 3:55 AM

Aug 2014
They really like to drag this out.

I liked Frost and Freiza meeting each other. It's like they instantly became best friends lol The hand holding thing was pretty funny too.

I only watched the opening once so maybe I don't remember it well, but Jiren seems way more muscular than I remember.

Also, don't know if it's just me, but most of the character designs for the new fighters don't seem that great except for the main universes (eg. whatever universes Cabba and Jiren are from).
Jun 25, 2017 4:01 AM

May 2016
ultimates said:
They really like to drag this out.
don't know if it's just me, but most of the character designs for the new fighters don't seem that great except for the main universes (eg. whatever universes Cabba and Jiren are from).
Yeah this will probably take like 15 episodes in my opinion tbh this is really boring tournament cause we know already the conclusion. I wished to something more promising like fighting someone stronger than Zen chan that would have been great DBZ used to be like that.

All of them look lame to be honest not class at all.
Jun 25, 2017 4:46 AM

Nov 2016
I'm hyped, especially for Jiren,but also for Hit, the Sayajins, Frieza and Frost aliance(I'm calling a fusion, sounds unlikely, but this is Dragon Ball after all :D) and some others.

This is gonna be good ^^

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 25, 2017 4:51 AM

Sep 2014
When the Gods of destructions fought and they did not show them I was like: So this is the tournament huh? But the overall animation quality this ep was real bad. Not the worst but budget saving. So im looking forward to the tournament we will have in like 4 years because fuck pacing.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 25, 2017 4:55 AM

Aug 2014
I don't really see why Frost and Frieza would team up. Frost is basically Frieza from 10 years ago and therefore a mere insect next to Frieza. And they are both selfish. The only scenarios, that would make sense, would be if Frieza used Frost as a "human"-shield or if Frost ultimately poison stabbed Frieza into unconsciousness at some point after sucking up to him because of his power.
Jun 25, 2017 6:09 AM

May 2008
This episode give more eagerness to next one . . . !
Jun 25, 2017 7:28 AM

May 2010
I need a list of the god of destructions/ supreme kai with their respective universes. I'm confused now.
Jun 25, 2017 7:40 AM

Oct 2015
We already knew that participants are not allowed to fly in the tournament, but what if everyone starts using what Goku used in normal Dragon Ball? He used kamehameha to get back into the ring. At this level every single warrior is supposed to be able to use such powers. Except if the outside of the ring is a KI-nullified zone or something.

I'm really hyped for this tournament too, but I'd find it weird if Goku and Jiren already started fighting in the next episode.

Also, I find it cool some details that are unknown are explained. For example, gravity was explained how it works in that void. It also happened several times in this series when things were explained, even if they were just tiny details.
Slim_LamieJun 25, 2017 7:44 AM
Jun 25, 2017 8:14 AM

Dec 2015
I look forward to seeing Vegeta and Goku make Caulifla eat her words 😀😀
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jun 25, 2017 8:47 AM
May 2017
At last tournament gonna start next week . And Jiren he is boss here even goku and vegeta got scared . And what the fuck plan did frezza and that man made?
Jun 25, 2017 9:29 AM

May 2015
They should delete Buu from opening and cards from half of episode.

Next episode will be good. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 25, 2017 12:08 PM

May 2015
No flying... Huh!? That change things. Wow Frieza already plotting again but let’s be frank who didn’t see that… now with that I think more than ever some strategies are needed like tag team and maybe discarding pride (Vegeta) to overcome an enemy with some Fusion technique(?) and I can’t wait to see the face of Caulifla when she sees Super Sayina Blue…
Jun 25, 2017 1:08 PM

Jun 2016
tkrisz2 said:
We already knew that participants are not allowed to fly in the tournament, but what if everyone starts using what Goku used in normal Dragon Ball? He used kamehameha to get back into the ring. At this level every single warrior is supposed to be able to use such powers. Except if the outside of the ring is a KI-nullified zone or something.

I'm really hyped for this tournament too, but I'd find it weird if Goku and Jiren already started fighting in the next episode.

Also, I find it cool some details that are unknown are explained. For example, gravity was explained how it works in that void. It also happened several times in this series when things were explained, even if they were just tiny details.

Lol even Goku can use Instant Transmission to get back to the ring if he gets knock down.
He can also help his team if they fall to the abyss.
Not everyone is as smart as Goku to use a ki blast to fly tho.

Lol I hope Caulifla gets rekt by Vegeta.

And sorry Jiren but you gonna get stomp by The OP Hit.
Jun 25, 2017 2:47 PM

Mar 2010
after seeing all the teams, this will be chaos, or the weak ones will be out asap leaving only a small amount left.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 25, 2017 5:15 PM

Nov 2010

Buu continuing to show up in the opening song and halfway time screen instead of frieza just looks stupid and inconsistent at this point and just confirms that buu was planned to participate in the power of tournament but then Akira toriyama or whoever was directing the plot line decided to changed it at the last minute which already tells me that's there some kind secret sub plot about to go down with frieza and that frost character which will probably interrupt the middle of the tournament resulting all universes banding together to stop them or something. I don't think any universe was getting erased anyways and if one did.it would most likely come back.

There may have been lots of new characters introduced including probably new alien types but I already know only the ones that will give the richest moments will be used.

The universe 11 team though looks to be the most assembled prepared team,one that will probably give goku a hard time,especially jirgen.
The_Nut_CrackerJun 25, 2017 5:18 PM
Jun 25, 2017 5:29 PM

Apr 2015
Freeza is ofcourse planning something again lol.

Can't wait for next week!@#
Jun 25, 2017 5:56 PM

Apr 2015
can't wait to see goku fight jiren
Jun 25, 2017 6:41 PM

Jul 2013
The beginning of this episode was pretty hot with the fight of the gods. Funny enough that they had to repair the ring afterwards xD

Was also interesting to see Freezer meeting everyone from Universe 7 again. I knew they wouldn't get along with each other, especially Vegeta and Freezer have a really diffiicult time if they're together.

Finally all the different universes arrived in the void world. Some of them looked interesting and I also didn't expect to see a Yadrat where Goku learned his Instant Transmission from.

Of course Caulifla refused Gokus handshake. I could see something like that would happen.
The biggest surprise was Jiren. Damn that guy looks scary. Even Goku was sweating after he saw a little bit of Jirens power. This will be super hard for Universe 7 but also soooo cool to watch.

I hope it won't be to chaotic. Preview was also showing Goku wants that fight with Jiren :D
That will be a looooooong week.

Jun 25, 2017 8:02 PM

Jan 2016
frieza and his doppleganger

Jun 25, 2017 10:11 PM

Dec 2016
Very slow and boring episode tbh, the only things it was worth watching for were the Vegeta's refusal to hold hands with Freezer and the Freezer-Frost meeting, it's obvious we shouldn't be surprised if those two came up with some interesting twist.
Jun 25, 2017 10:19 PM

Feb 2017
I'm glad my girls are returning to scene, but reading the comments on the internet seems Caulifla is getting a lot of hate for her response to Goku's friendly approach, I read a explanation that has sense to me, she's a proud Saiyan after all, and she's the leader of a band of punks, and the fate of everybody's lives is in game. But let's see how this progress.
Jun 26, 2017 7:36 AM

Jun 2013
shit is about to go down
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2015

79 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 9:44 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

95 by Daninokuni »»
Apr 15, 9:03 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.