Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 9, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This was pretty neat.

They didn't waste time getting right into the battle after all the buildup. Haku's little adventure on the road was ..lol funny. Couldn't keep a straight face watching his cart thing tumble.

I'm glad to see the other girls fight on the frontlines this episode. About time.
Nice to see the big bird back too. This dude is pretty badass:
Jan 9, 2016 9:57 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That blademaster guy was too badass and OP lol

Gotta say that I wish that the battle was more gorey like it was in S1 but hey, what can you do in this age where toning things down is normal....Still I enjoyed the battles quite a bit but mainly due to the performances of our main girls because holy fuck thay can kick ass real good lol

Not surprised to see that the lame General constantly messed up and tried to run away lol but thankfully the real big boys have arrived.....Looks like the OG Generals are gonna fuck shit up next episode so I can't wait
TokoyaJan 9, 2016 10:02 AM
Jan 9, 2016 10:12 AM

May 2010
The animation quality in the action sequences is absolutely atrocious!
Jan 9, 2016 10:19 AM

Aug 2010
Nice stuff. Other than the cringe worthy Dekoponpon...

Animation for the fights was nice but the art was pretty derpy :/

As expected the crew's full of BAs from Kopopo, Kuon, Atui the siblings and the twins to Haki
Good job Rurutie. Saving the hostages made Yakutowaruto on their side. What an ally to have. Shinon was cute.
Jan 9, 2016 10:34 AM

Jul 2007
So we finally get to see(more since we alrady did) on why Atui is the strongest character in the game.

Animation was okay and nothing above average as expected of a huge fight and its nice that they focused more on tactics than anything else. They certainly will need all the budget they can get for what is coming.

We also got to see more of Haku's tactical skills and also to see him get more and more involved with those people - would we care for Rurutie and Atui without the first half build up? Most likely not. But now we know those people well enough that we can understand why she would want to help those people and how hard this whole situation is on her. We can understand why Haku, even if unwilling, gave in and helped and we can see how much he already changed by involving himself with those people.

Next episode will be a great shitstorm
Jan 9, 2016 10:35 AM

Jul 2012
Well that was so decent action we got in this episode and by the looks of the previews it is only going to get better.

~Great episode!!!
Jan 9, 2016 10:54 AM

Aug 2008
What a horrid piece of shit. This episode managed to do absolutely everything wrong. Literally everything. I'm actually amazed. Normally I would have to point out the faults but it was so bad I can safely say without any exaggeration that everything was just terrible.

I wonder who wrote scrip for this episode. It would help avoiding everything that guy is involved with in the future.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 9, 2016 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
Yakutowaruto is so badass!

Saving the hostages made Yakutowaruto joined Haku's side!
Jan 9, 2016 11:18 AM

Jul 2010
It was good to see how everyone had their own way of fighting, this really does feel like the tip of an iceberg as the war has hardly begun.

When Shinonon called out to her dad, it captured the scene perfectly as to when the young cries and the parent would have an immediate reaction.

Although it is fun to witness the strength that Yamato has and with more to come, it would be interesting to see how capable the enemy commanders are, as one-sided fights aren't all that entertaining, which goes to Dekopon and his masterful skills to end a battle quickly.
Jan 9, 2016 11:21 AM
May 2010
Atui and Ougi kicked ass, decent ep although a bit different than the game hopefully next ep we'll see the generals wreck sheit up.

Jan 9, 2016 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Okay episode. The fighting was a little disappointing because I was expecting it to be as good as the fight between haku and ukon or at least have the same type of fighting (actually seeing the fast and fluid body movments instead of close up's and flashes).

The last main character has finally arrived, was not expecting the little girl to be his daughter lol.

The fight between Yakuto and Nosuri was pretty good at some parts though.
removed-userJan 9, 2016 11:32 AM
Jan 9, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2013
Aside from Dekoponpo being cringe inducing and is shown to us in all ways obnoxiously ( really don't understand what are they trying to achieve by this ), it was rather decent episode, knowing how awfully the prequel handled things. Not sure if I'm supposed to buy the way the girls took out an entire army or how Haku rendered those two guards unconscious with a simple swoop of a fan, but at this point I'm passed delving deep into things
Jan 9, 2016 11:36 AM

Aug 2008
Decent episode. Man..if Karura or Touka are in the war,it would be great.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 9, 2016 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
Decent episode, even if the fight mostly lacked much in the way of tension because of how poorly animated it was. Oh, and Dekonpopo's very existence was annoying again as well. On the bright side, the fighting became more interesting as it progressed and Yakutowaruto was a pretty cool character. Also, next episode looks like it could be very interesting from the preview. Here's hoping.
Jan 9, 2016 12:38 PM

May 2015
Nice episode, the battle was decent, I liked it. Things are definitely getting more interesting. Judging from the preview, next episode looks pretty good. Looking forward to it.

Jan 9, 2016 12:46 PM

Jul 2015
Really awesome episode! Really enjoyed the way Haku and Rurutie sneaked up on the enemy to save that cool dude's daughter. (He's probably voiced by Takeya Iguchi.) Great episode 5/5
Jan 9, 2016 1:15 PM

Jun 2010
not bad but felt kinda meh, maybe i was expecting too much from this war.
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jan 9, 2016 1:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
The battle isn't as intense as I was hoping it would be. Lol at Haku always having things against him. He saves the girl only to get abused by her XD

4/5
Jan 9, 2016 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
The highlight of episode for me was Atui being badass with that spear plus her soft voice, she reminds me Karura in the first uta because of that brutal strenght
Jan 9, 2016 2:28 PM

Jul 2007
PericlesD said:
The highlight of episode for me was Atui being badass with that spear plus her soft voice, she reminds me Karura in the first uta because of that brutal strenght

While she most likely is NOT at that level, she is easily one of strongest characters in the main party.
Jan 9, 2016 2:49 PM
Jan 2016
OMG, princess go to war with a oversize Bird and kimono. Where is her army? Actually epoisde not bad, next epoisde we have DRAGON.
Jan 9, 2016 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
PericlesD said:

While she most likely is NOT at that level, she is easily one of strongest characters in the main party.

Definitely not, karura was probably the most overpowered girl in hakuoro party in the first season,i hope she will appear again completely drunk and kicking some ass with her big sword
Jan 9, 2016 3:18 PM

Sep 2010
Haku once again putting in work with those two guards!
Jan 9, 2016 3:25 PM

Apr 2015
That was... okay I guess. This season still has a LONG way to go to make up for the first twelve episodes or to catch up to season one (which I doubt it will come close at all).
Jan 9, 2016 3:29 PM

Jul 2007
GileonFletcher said:
That was... okay I guess. This season still has a LONG way to go to make up for the first twelve episodes or to catch up to season one (which I doubt it will come close at all).

Yes.
No matter what Itsuwari does, it will NEVER be as rushed or fucked as second half of first season :^)
Jan 9, 2016 3:33 PM

Oct 2014
Man this show is getting so much better right now, loving all the action and development.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2016 3:54 PM
Jan 2016

What is that thing, it seem the two priestess are OP.
ma2ha3Jan 9, 2016 4:02 PM
Jan 9, 2016 3:59 PM
Jul 2011
There was something seriously "off" about the direction, only episode I didn't enjoy so far.
Jan 9, 2016 4:12 PM
Jan 2016

The main theme 2 is getting nicer and nicer, the more i hear it.
Jan 9, 2016 4:16 PM

Jun 2013
she has a cute voice but she's deadly with the spear
Jan 9, 2016 4:20 PM

May 2013
I love this animu so much,haku is my spirit animal
Lead me out of the dark,bishounen space Jesus.
Jan 9, 2016 4:23 PM
Jan 2016
Axelucard_ said:
she has a cute voice but she's deadly with the spear

she is microsecond from being killed but Haku saved her.
Haku is the reluctant hero again.
Jan 9, 2016 4:24 PM

Jan 2012
That Dekoponpo really is a cowardly moron. I enjoyed seeing how that hostage situation played out. Pretty sweet when the blade master reunited with his daughter. :)
Jan 9, 2016 4:26 PM
Jan 2016
Why did he call Haku name when he is afraid?
Jan 9, 2016 4:29 PM

Aug 2013
Dekoponpo should be faced for treason at this point. He sent a bunch of men to death for his own interest. His place is in jail, not in war.

Haku and Rurutie save the day, involuntarily. His plan was pretty good. I was wondering why he didn't use his two twins for fighting, but his mission wasn't to defeat enemies.

I love the hand-to-hand fighting style of Kuon. She look like a goddamn ninja. Atui is pretty badass too.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 9, 2016 4:42 PM
Jan 2016
D4rkn3s5 said:
I love this animu so much,haku is my spirit animal

This anime is the best anime of autumn 2015 and winter 2015-2016.
Jan 9, 2016 6:01 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode i'm very entertained. The action scene was very good.

And badass dakoponpo get caught. Look like Haku will change his postion.

Also Haku team wp save the day!
Jan 9, 2016 7:00 PM

Apr 2015
Fai said:

Yes.
No matter what Itsuwari does, it will NEVER be as rushed or fucked as second half of first season :^)

It gave ample time for everything and in the end, it made sense if you were paying attention (it was actually fairly clever short of minor conveniences as is the case in every anime). It could've used an extra episode perhaps, but the first half of this season could've benefited by having a third of it cut (or even half) and added to the second half plot. I'll take slightly rushed over a nonexistent pace any day.
Jan 9, 2016 7:54 PM

Aug 2008
How much longer until Benawi appear?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 9, 2016 8:28 PM

Apr 2014
yawn honestly i found the war is really boring part in this series.
Jan 9, 2016 9:47 PM

Aug 2009
Enemies were almost as incompetent as the fat general dude. Got completely steamrolled by like 4 people and the blade master guy? Yeah ridiculous plot armor as expected.

Also portray the other side as completely evil and don't even say why they are invading or anything. Haku being a little bitch wanting to run away as usual and has to get other people to protect him and tell him what to do.

Yeah looks like the Yamato team is going to be even more OP with this Blademaster guy joining them... doesn't seem like this war is going to last long.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jan 9, 2016 10:58 PM
Jul 2015
well i think the next episode is foreshowing something i mean haku is getting having dreams about something if you know what i mean wink wink to the guys that saw season 1 sooo what do you guys think will happen next humm this will be a fun ride to see
Jan 9, 2016 11:39 PM

Jan 2013
Kuon going in bare handed is a bit strange to see.
Actually the atmosphere when they all rushed in was strange too.
Jan 10, 2016 1:43 AM

Jul 2007
GileonFletcher said:
Fai said:

Yes.

It gave ample time for everything and in the end, it made sense if you were paying attention (it was actually fairly clever short of minor conveniences as is the case in every anime). It could've used an extra episode perhaps, but the first half of this season could've benefited by having a third of it cut (or even half) and added to the second half plot. I'll take slightly rushed over a nonexistent pace any day.

If by "giving time to verything" you mean removing all interesting plotlines of other characters just so they can stuff Erurshit to scenes she does not belong in, sure.

Karura's story arc got treated like a freaking sidestory. Yuzuha's story was completely removed. Hakuoro's flashback was cut to shit to the point that a lot of it became incomprehensible.

LoneWolf said:
Enemies were almost as incompetent as the fat general dude. Got completely steamrolled by like 4 people and the blade master guy? Yeah ridiculous plot armor as expected.

You DO realize that those people happened to be incredibly strong? Blademaster is one of the strongest people in Yamato and Atui is his equal in strength.
Kuon on other hand got raised by two strongest fighters in tuskuru, a wisest scholar in tuskuru, one of best ninjas in tuskuru and a damn good doctor.

Also portray the other side as completely evil and don't even say why they are invading or anything.

Except they did not do that. Instead they humanized them and already showed the reason why they fight in the after credits of last ep.
Haku being a little bitch wanting to run away as usual and has to get other people to protect him and tell him what to do.

You mean except for the fact that it was his plan that made the rescue possible?
Wanting to run away from a huge battle is only sensible.
AhenshihaelJan 10, 2016 1:53 AM
Jan 10, 2016 2:08 AM

Aug 2013
This episode was great! Especially seeing the twins in action and being useful to Haku.
Jan 10, 2016 6:59 AM

Dec 2009
The mysterious amnesiac "Haku" once again ends up with a team of superhumans. I guess Haku would be keenly aware that Kuon had lots of brawn whenever he got her irritated, though this Haku is pretty wimpy physically.

This small company got grown into a battalion with a bunch of conscripts. The sword master guy was forced to fight because his daughter or whatever was being held hostage. Once the tides turned, a small company like that was easy pickings.

Anyone talking about plot armour should pay more attention to what's happening. The only real plot armour is that none of them really got banged up at all anywhere along the way. Haku & Rurutie's rescue went a bit too smoothly, but oh well. It's not like this was a conflict of major importance, it was a divide and conquer style diversion.

Learn about war before criticizing XD
GenesisAriaJan 10, 2016 7:04 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 10, 2016 8:41 AM
Apr 2015
Good to finally see that its starting to find the story. Overall I was entertained by this episode and looking forward to episode 15. Did this episode fix all of the shows problems... No.

My biggest problem, but also most respected aspect about this episode was the way the battles turned out. The main characters to some seem to have "Plot Armor" I was a bit annoyed at how easily these characters whom were mostly drinking tea, drinking, sleeping, partying, and taking baths every hour get right into the fight and wipe the floor with the enemy. Whoever directed this episode though stayed true to how strategy games like Utawarerumono Itsuwari no Kamen play. You have hero characters who can take out 1, 10, 20, or more enemies at a time since they are well the hero. Hopefully we will see this fighting get more balanced throughout the anime since with any strategy game you have to balance your grunt troops and your hero troops to stay alive. Just look at how Dekoponpo performed in this type of battle.
Jan 10, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2014
Animation could've been better, but they might just be saving their budget for later use.

Good episode though.
Jan 10, 2016 12:13 PM

Nov 2015
Atui was such a badass

Jan 10, 2016 12:39 PM

Dec 2009
-Thistlek- said:
Good to finally see that its starting to find the story. Overall I was entertained by this episode and looking forward to episode 15. Did this episode fix all of the shows problems... No.
Starting? There's been way more plot development in previous episodes. All that happened was some tactics, Dekoponpo predictably went full retard, they saved a kid with hardly a scratch and reclaimed some allies. Nothing between the lines... There's nothing wrong with that, action is cool too, but don't go confusing what story is.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

106 by Grantlyn »»
Dec 14, 2023 9:48 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2015

96 by Lolicon »»
Nov 8, 2023 9:33 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

100 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Oct 19, 2023 6:56 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

241 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:43 PM

Poll: » Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2016

99 by StateofOhayo »»
Dec 29, 2022 1:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.