Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 22, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, they highlighted Polnareff's struggle pretty well.

But also, I loved how it showed his comeback against Vanilla Ice with his Silver Chariot.

Some very tense moments but quite entertaining overall. Quite refreshing to see Suzi Q this episode too visiting Holly. ;_;
May 22, 2015 8:59 AM

May 2014
my body is ready for DIO'S WORLD
May 22, 2015 9:08 AM

Jul 2011
I'm shocked they went this slow and only covered 2-2.5 chapters here. They are really trying to build the hype I guess. The coming episodes are going to have to be insanely fast paced for them to fit everything in.

I'm thinking they felt like they absolutely had to end the episode with the DIO reveal, so this is how it worked out.
May 22, 2015 9:13 AM
Oct 2014
Well...this was my last time watching this series on tv...for the rest. Im waiting for the BD versions.
May 22, 2015 9:29 AM

Feb 2015
DIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
May 22, 2015 9:57 AM
Mar 2014
Kellhus said:
I'm shocked they went this slow and only covered 2-2.5 chapters here. They are really trying to build the hype I guess. The coming episodes are going to have to be insanely fast paced for them to fit everything in.

I'm thinking they felt like they absolutely had to end the episode with the DIO reveal, so this is how it worked out.

I was expecting the episode to go exactly like this tbh. Gonna be insane to fit 19 chapters in 4 episodes
May 22, 2015 10:03 AM

Aug 2010
Iggy!!!! What a bro!! He's such a BA!! RIP best dog (T^T)7

Dem feelz when Avdol and Iggy died ;_; The music was really nice.

The way Polnareff owned Vanilla Ice was epic!! So much REKT!!! Polnareff's character development has been amazing throughout this series. He's become so cool.

I'm not a manga reader but Dem death flags for Joseph are making me :(
Esp since members are starting to die now.

DAT Falcon punch in the face lol It was so EPIC!! Nukesaku is such an idiot XD
"I guess I'll have to see just how immortal u are ORAORAORAORA" lol

DAT Cliffhanger!!! That sure was a calm reaction from Polnareff and we finally see Dio's face too.
Barion-ZaraMay 22, 2015 10:27 AM
May 22, 2015 10:05 AM

May 2013
Glad that Polnareff is still alive. Poor Iggy though.
May 22, 2015 10:08 AM

May 2015
KTTLOVE said:
Kellhus said:

I was expecting the episode to go exactly like this tbh. Gonna be insane to fit 19 chapters in 4 episodes

I was hoping they'll end this episode with this scene (kinda spoiler for the next episode):

But this one is fine too, I guess
LeturLefrMay 22, 2015 10:12 AM

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
May 22, 2015 10:10 AM

May 2015
And seeing the scene I was waiting since the series start

It's sooooooooo great

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
May 22, 2015 10:11 AM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Dem feels for Iggy and Avdol when their souls were leaving away.. I'll really miss both of them.. ;_;

Polnareff avenging their deaths was amazing! Vanilla Ice melted for good this time.

Nukesaku getting beat the crap out of his was hilarious! Did he really think he can fool Jotaro? XD

Good episode. That Dio at the end though! Friggin' hype! >.<

May 22, 2015 10:16 AM

Sep 2012
I'm glad Vanilla Ice is over.

It was suffering going through that scene again.
Oh god who are you people?
May 22, 2015 10:18 AM
Nov 2012
Dang, the mutt did good. Bit of a weird mood swing to have the Suzie Q chapter right after (Yeah I know that's how it is in the Manga), but the DIO reveal at the end made everything better.
May 22, 2015 10:34 AM

Jul 2014
Narrator: Avdol and Iggy are dead!

-Two minutes later-

Suzie Q: Oh, look, Rosas! A condom machine!

That mood shift.

Anyway, it's time for DIO's World! That ending scene gave me chills.
May 22, 2015 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
Oh boy... THE WORLD hype <3
May 22, 2015 10:44 AM
Apr 2014
RIP Avdol, Iggy and eventually Polnareff after the ending of this episode.
The Dio Hype is real.
May 22, 2015 10:51 AM

Sep 2012
Kellhus said:

Actually, this episode covered Vanilla Ice 7 (pages 14-21), Vanilla Ice 8, Suzie Q and DIO's World 1, so they actually did 3-3.5 chapters. They're gonna have to speed up the pace and make at least 4.5 chapters per episode though.

Nothing else to say other than

Second best fight in the series is here, get fucking hyped.
May 22, 2015 10:52 AM

Mar 2013
Prepare for DIO's WORLD
May 22, 2015 11:13 AM
Mar 2014
LeturLefr said:
KTTLOVE said:

I was hoping they'll end this episode with this scene (kinda spoiler for the next episode):

But this one is fine too, I guess

I think in order for it to end there they wouldve had to cut out the suzie q chapter. Which wasnt possible because they (thank god) stick to the manga
May 22, 2015 11:14 AM

Nov 2014
Go figure Iggy and Avdol would die first.

Vanilla Ice was a persistent fucker. I'm glad his arc is over.

Can't wait for Dio next week.

5/5
May 22, 2015 11:16 AM
Mar 2014
Barion-Zara said:
Iggy!!!! What a bro!! He's such a BA!! RIP best dog (T^T)7

Dem feelz when Avdol and Iggy died ;_; The music was really nice.

The way Polnareff owned Vanilla Ice was epic!! So much REKT!!! Polnareff's character development has been amazing throughout this series. He's become so cool.

I'm not a manga reader but Dem death flags for Joseph are making me :(
Esp since members are starting to die now.

DAT Falcon punch in the face lol It was so EPIC!! Nukesaku is such an idiot XD
"I guess I'll have to see just how immortal u are ORAORAORAORA" lol

DAT Cliffhanger!!! That sure was a calm reaction from Polnareff and we finally see Dio's face too.

What death flags for Joseph?
May 22, 2015 11:18 AM

May 2015
KTTLOVE said:

I think in order for it to end there they wouldve had to cut out the suzie q chapter. Which wasnt possible because they (thank god) stick to the manga

I was hoping we got vanilla-conclusion+holly-visit+friends-of-justice+DIO-talk for today episode :(

an extra couple of minute will be great~

May 22, 2015 11:23 AM

Nov 2012
"How did you know that they call me Nukesaku?"

- Didn't Jotaro actually call him Idiot? Or does Nukesaku means something like idio!?! I'm confused here...
May 22, 2015 11:28 AM

Jan 2014
Going to reiterate: this fight made absolutely zero sense. Polnareff had plenty of time to attack Vanilla Ice from behind with Silver Chariot while he was taking his sweet time kicking Iggy, and it was not only stupid that he didn't attack, it was plain OOC. Neither of them should be in the states they were in, and no character should have died because of the writers' stupidity. What should have and could have been a fantastic fight with huge emotional weight is ruined.
May 22, 2015 11:34 AM

May 2014
zacrathedemon5 said:
Going to reiterate: this fight made absolutely zero sense. Polnareff had plenty of time to attack Vanilla Ice from behind with Silver Chariot while he was taking his sweet time kicking Iggy, and it was not only stupid that he didn't attack, it was plain OOC. Neither of them should be in the states they were in, and no character should have died because of the writers' stupidity. What should have and could have been a fantastic fight with huge emotional weight is ruined.

Nope.
Given the right situation , the right story , anyone can be shaped into Snake.
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2

May 2014
It's time for Dio's "ZA WARUDO" to take a STAND.

Either way, a good episode overall. I'm a bit sour at the fact that right after Iggy's death, we have a ridiculously hilarious fight with practically the easiest stand user ever.
"You either die an Ashita no Joe, or you live long enough to see yourself become a Naruto."

Mar 2008
TahZin said:

- Didn't Jotaro actually call him Idiot? Or does Nukesaku means something like idio!?! I'm confused here...

Yes, it's a way to call someone who's really stupid.

May 22, 2015 11:35 AM
Mar 2014
LeturLefr said:
KTTLOVE said:

I was hoping we got vanilla-conclusion+holly-visit+friends-of-justice+DIO-talk for today episode :(

an extra couple of minute will be great~

Maybe they didnt want to show too much of how DIO's stand works
May 22, 2015 11:35 AM
Jan 2015
zacrathedemon5 said:

He was bleeding and was in terrible pain
May 22, 2015 11:36 AM
Mar 2014
TahZin said:

Probably means the same

zacrathedemon5 said:

Just because the anime stretches out a scene doesnt mean that it doesnt take place in couple of secs. Just as u could watch a film that takes place over 15 years but its actual runtime is 90 minutes lel
KTTLOVEMay 22, 2015 11:39 AM
May 22, 2015 11:41 AM

May 2014
KTTLOVE said:
TahZin said:

Probably means the same

zacrathedemon5 said:

Just because the anime stretches out a scene doesnt mean that it doesnt take place in couple of secs. Just as u could watch a film that takes place over 15 years but its actual runtime is 90 minutes lel

Yeah , this since it happens in a compressed time span + let me try something , let me cut your leg off then throw your cat/dog around the corner and kick it and let's see how fast will you hit me from behind .
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
May 22, 2015 11:42 AM

Oct 2011
zacrathedemon5 said:

Are people really this dense? He got in a some kicks into Iggy after punching him to the other side of the wall. Polarneff was injured in his foot and can't walk that far and he was in shock that the robotic Ice could convey that kind of emotion. By the time he was out of shock, Ice had critically damaged Iggy.

This all happened relatively fast and thus Polnareff wasn't prepared for any of this. Use your brain.
May 22, 2015 11:57 AM
Jun 2014
They did the Vanilla Ice fight incredibly, great job DP. I admit I was tearing up a bit during this episode, especially at the end seeing "Avdol has died. Iggy has died." after you see a shot of teardrops falling onto Polnareff's knee.

Next week we finally get to see Dio and his stand, it's going to be one hell of a ride. 19 chapters in 4 episodes though, wondering how they'll pull it off.
May 22, 2015 12:01 PM

Mar 2008
zacrathedemon5 said:

I don't see how this could have changed the result of the fight, seeing as Vanilla Ice was a vampire.

There is a gap of a page from the moment which he starts to kick Iggy to Polnareff's attack, so yeah, maybe they should have done the scene a little faster, but you're being overdramatic. It's really difficult for them to adapt the manga because it doesn't have a sense of time, so a lot of stuff can happen between one page to another. Just use your suspension of disbelief if it's really a problem for you.

May 22, 2015 12:02 PM
Oct 2013
I didn´t think I´d tear up for a fictional animal holy fuck Iggy got me close.
Especially that sad music they play and then the clarification, yes they are dead for sure now.
May 22, 2015 12:03 PM

Apr 2009
We're finally here fiends, we all now live in DIO'S WORLD

JoJo again proving it can do anything by going from intense and emotional with Abdul and Iggy's death, then silly and comedic with Suzie's bizarre japan adventure, then back to sad when she see's her dieing daughter, then back to intense and AWESOME with the appearance of DIO!!! And with a shirt on!!!

I mean this is it guys, the fight that launched JoJo to worldwide popularity, so my expectations are just soaring in the skies and I know JoJo won't disappoint.

May 22, 2015 12:09 PM

May 2015
Osaka117 said:
We're finally here fiends, we all now live in DIO'S WORLD

Your profile pic makes it better

May 22, 2015 12:18 PM

Apr 2013
oh my god

iggy :(

god damn that moment when silver chariot bumped vanilla ice into the sunlight was good
May 22, 2015 12:19 PM

Jul 2014
LPGeneratorx said:
It's time for Dio's "ZA WARUDO" to take a STAND.

Either way, a good episode overall. I'm a bit sour at the fact that right after Iggy's death, we have a ridiculously hilarious fight with practically the easiest stand user ever.

Nukesaku isn't a Stand User. That's why everyone called him an idiot and looked down on him.
May 22, 2015 12:25 PM
Aug 2011
I thought re-living those final moments with Iggy and Avdol wouldn't affect me as much but they did.

DIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIODIO!
I'll have to strap myself in for these next several weeks. *_*
May 22, 2015 12:41 PM

May 2014
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Revolver Ocelot , MGS2
May 22, 2015 12:48 PM

Sep 2010
the government was to do something about this flippin ninjas cutting onions around noral people. had to shed a tear at min 08:34

"Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Seuss
May 22, 2015 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
zacrathedemon5 said:

Not only was Polanereff in shock, he was heavily injured and couldn't get to him in time.

Not to mention the fact that Vanilla only kicked him for like 5 seconds.

May 22, 2015 1:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
RIP Avdol and Iggy. Seeing them go was pretty moving.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 22, 2015 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
It's parts like this that really show how Polnareff is one of the more complex characters in the entirety of Jojo. David Production has done nothing short of an amazing job at adapting the manga.

Antinomy said:
I have not read the manga but they apparently have a lot of chapters to fit into just 4 episodes. I wonder how they will do that =O

It won't be that difficult. They have 4 episodes to adapt 16 chapters that are for the most part pretty fast paced. 4 chapters per episode has for the most part the rate they're adapting it so it shouldn't be a problem.
May 22, 2015 1:35 PM

Feb 2013
Decent episode. DIO probably should've brought up the whole "oh yeah you're actually becoming a vampire so don't touch sunlight" thing.

Jazzy_Maz said:
It's parts like this that really show how Polnareff is one of the more complex characters in the entirety of Jojo. David Production has done nothing short of an amazing job at adapting the manga.

Antinomy said:
I have not read the manga but they apparently have a lot of chapters to fit into just 4 episodes. I wonder how they will do that =O

It won't be that difficult. They have 4 episodes to adapt 16 chapters that are for the most part pretty fast paced. 4 chapters per episode has for the most part the rate they're adapting it so it shouldn't be a problem.

There's 19 left
May 22, 2015 1:37 PM

Feb 2013
zacrathedemon5 said:
Neither of them should be in the states they were in, and no character should have died because of the writers' stupidity.

Yeah Avdol totally should've been prepared for a random spooky eraserman.
May 22, 2015 1:38 PM

Sep 2012
gedata said:
Jazzy_Maz said:

There's 19 left

Maybe I'm missing something since everyone is saying there are 19 chapters left but
May 22, 2015 1:40 PM

Feb 2013
SH4kun said:
gedata said:

There's 19 left

Maybe I'm missing something since everyone is saying there are 19 chapters left but
Of of course. Thanks for the correction.
May 22, 2015 1:46 PM

Sep 2011
Finally DIO's world. Been waiting for this the entire time.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2015

172 by Me_Mario »»
Today, 10:16 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akanezora - Jun 19, 2015

556 by FT_anime_fan »»
Sep 12, 1:32 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

312 by benisgu »»
Sep 7, 4:35 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2015

221 by benisgu »»
Aug 31, 11:31 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8, 2015

189 by benisgu »»
Aug 31, 10:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.