Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 29, 2021 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Poor Yuzuki. Even she can get sick and we got the roles reversed this time with Tamahiko having to take care of her. This episode also goes to show that Tamako really cares about Yuzuki.

It got worse for her with that injury. Honestly, seeing Yuzuki this episode was painful. I'm sure Tamahiko feels the same and it's scary to think how much pain she was in. Not going to lie, I really enjoy the character relationship dynamics between the main cast.

Oct 29, 2021 11:16 AM

Apr 2016
It's been four episodes already, but i only now i realized how the opening slaps.

Our little Yuzu worked herself a little bit too much and did catch that summer cold from overwork. But thankfully Shima siblings are here to support her and take care of her while she's weak ... or trying their best later on lmao, i guess. I really liked the part where Tamahiko was trying to pull the water out of the well with only one hand. And the doctor had no chill, shows that Shima family is well known.

A nice episode that told us that we all need our own Yuzu from time to time, or we need be Yuzu for someone else from time to time. Also she stacked :D
Oct 29, 2021 11:19 AM
Mar 2021
I'm not opposed to some big anime tiddies, but why did they have to do that to Yuzu???
Oct 29, 2021 11:28 AM
Oct 2016
Tamahiko has found his new purpose in life. After feeling like Yuzu was about to be lost forever he's resolved that making her happy will be his goal in life. Which I have to say is very adorable. This episode did have some scared with Yuzu coming down with that fever. She's definitely been going strong everyday and doing all the housework. Its no wonder that little body of hers couldn't keep up for long. Tamahiko felt truly helpless not being able to do anything for Yuzu when she got sick. Its a good thing Tamako was there to help. He did have to go it alone at the end undoing her bandage so she could breath. Who knew that such short stature wielded such big boing boing. I'm glad that Tamahiko is starting to come around and see himself as less of a pessimist than at the start. Tamako leaving was inevitable but I will miss her.
Oct 29, 2021 11:34 AM
Sep 2015
I think Yuzu should stop restricting her breast, not that I want to see that. But it's very hard on her body. I'm actually surprised that Tamahiko doesn't suggest that.
Oct 29, 2021 11:34 AM

Nov 2016
Her boobs aren't that big, they just appear that way on such a teeny body xD Yuzu probably ain't even 150cm, lol.

Cute episode again. Taking care of your sick partner, that made me feel quite a bit nostalgic.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 29, 2021 11:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really sad to see Yuzu sick like that, I didn't expect her to have big breasts though but well xD
Oct 29, 2021 11:40 AM

May 2019
YUZU'S BOOBA REEEEEEEEE
Oct 29, 2021 11:40 AM

Jul 2017
The notorious Shima family, and some classic vinyl records where Tamako and Yuzu are enjoying the maiden's time together.

Unfortunately due to overwork, Yuzu fell sick, and more than putting Tamahiko on the spot of testing to "try" avoiding Yuzu's advances. Tamahiko doesn't know the meaning of delicacy, and even worse, he can't even do basic housekeeping while Tamako handles the rest.

Even outsiders also know the Shima Family turmoil, and it's an ugly sight to see if Yuzu stayed on for far too long past the point of no return. Yuzu herself is an Angel though, always believing that people even with bad intentions, is worth loving though, and flaming with the thought that Tamahiko would one day be her husband, OOH so cute and lovely.

The troubles don't stop there though: the blood from her chest suggesting that it's from the bandage removal, and as disgraceful as it seems to expose her naked body, Tamahiko tries his best...and does a 14-year old have huge boobs lols xD (luckily not any bigger than Ilulu's) but is standard practice to refrain from showing too much nudity back in the old Japan eras.

Tamahiko may be a pessimist all his life, but Yuzu is the optimist to lighten his burden, and they make the perfect pairing. Make Yuzu happy, Tamahiko.

Ooh, Tamako's gonna head back home and be a doctor? That's a change of heart.
Oct 29, 2021 11:41 AM

Apr 2014
Never expected Yuzu to have big boobs. She must loosen her bandage, otherwise, it will strain her own body and affect her breathing.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 29, 2021 11:43 AM

Apr 2020
The feared day has arrived, our lovely Yuzu got sick, and Tamahiko can't do anything about it. This is a bad day for our boy, because not only he can't do anything to her girl, he's getting shit about it from the doc, the Shima name still looms on his face. But even after all that, our girl still professes her dedication to him, and I flushed when she explains about why she's like that, that's very sweet.

Now with all that said and done, YUZU HAS BIG OPPAI?!!! Nani Kore like wtf that was unexpected. For her size, those breasts are really big, but restricting it only makes it worse. Please Yuzu as much as we were weirded out by that sight, don't harm yourself like that, it's bad for you. Either way, it was all good and I guess Tamako is going out now, that's kinda sad with all her development recently.
Oct 29, 2021 12:05 PM

Dec 2010
Damn so they censored her glorious boobs after all...

Oct 29, 2021 12:20 PM
Jan 2021
I can never look at her the same way after that reveal
Oct 29, 2021 12:37 PM

May 2021
Great episode! We finally got to see Yuzuki’s fluffy hair and it’s really beautiful!
‘I am a pillar (x3)’. Was a really funny scene xD. I felt really bad for Yuzu when she was still going on about lunch for Tamahiko even when she was sick. I’m very happy Tamako acts nice to both of them now and it also seems she’s returning home to train to be a doctor!

Looking forward to the next episode full of diabetes inducing stuff.
AISHITERU...REM!
Oct 29, 2021 12:56 PM

Dec 2014
Tamahiko finally realizing how precious Yuzu is and that he needs to live and become a better person just for her at least. :)

Great episode as expected, they are adapting this quite well.
Oct 29, 2021 12:58 PM

Jan 2018
That insert song part was great. Wish it was a little longer.

Tamako buttered up to Yuzu-chan pretty fast but her relationship with Tamahiko didn't seem to improve much. Tamako became a better person so she's not as mean to her older brother as before and that's it.

Tamahiko is pretty useless so far in the story and I'm glad the self-awareness kicked in after Yuzu fell ill from exhaustion. The doctors were being a bit too much of an asshole about it but he needed to hear it tbh. Finally he has a purpose: to make Yuzu happy. It's pretty balanced to Yuzu's wishes, at least in my book.

Tamahiko assumed that Yuzu's *surprise surprise* MASSIVE oppais are her 2nd problem. But I'm 99% sure it’s just a red herring and her 2nd problem is something serious compared to her hair which is just silly.
I wish Tamahiko would order her to stop using binds on her chest though. I'm not a girl but I think that's very painful from the looks of it and is completely unnecessary at least at home when it’s just the two of them living together.

This guy still persists on being a pessimist. Pessimism isn't a type of identity... Even if it was it's not something you should be proud of... which is kind of pessimistic ironically.
0451Oct 30, 2021 11:59 AM
Oct 29, 2021 1:00 PM

Jul 2011
I never thought that this anime would send a chill down my spine. See Yuzu with the natural hair twintail already sounded an alarm, but with the discovery of big boobs, I was terrified remembering Enoshima Junko.

After 4 episodes I still wonder how and why Tamahiko still have that arm. A prosthetics would been great.

The family is so evil that even villagers from afar know the evilness.
Oct 29, 2021 1:05 PM

May 2021
How long do I have to wait for a reasoning behind Yuzu extreme selflessness? The story is a one directional care, with the token "I need your help too" to showcase the character's growth. Should I believe that Yuzu could exist as a human being? I cant believe people buy this plot when as of now it is just bland wish fulfillment, the main character is just a gray guy that reminds us how miserable he is in every single scene, while the main girl is just a shiny star that doesnt get affected by anything (Of weight) apparently so she can go full force into supporting him
Oh dear god, I wish I could go into a powerful family and buy my own bride so I can have that happy life. Not to say that the doctor rational take is somehow useless when you know that the main girl doesnt mind it at all because apparently people like the main girl exist, so it is more of an antagonist voice than a voice of reason since the truths of this anime are kind of fucked up

Oct 29, 2021 1:22 PM
Nov 2020
Just when I thought there was finally a petite and cute female character who didn't have two bouncing bowling balls on her chest, here comes those huge, disproportionate cliché-boobs 🙄
Oct 29, 2021 2:44 PM

Apr 2016
Gween_Gween said:
How long do I have to wait for a reasoning behind Yuzu extreme selflessness? The story is a one directional care, with the token "I need your help too" to showcase the character's growth. Should I believe that Yuzu could exist as a human being? I cant believe people buy this plot when as of now it is just bland wish fulfillment, the main character is just a gray guy that reminds us how miserable he is in every single scene, while the main girl is just a shiny star that doesnt get affected by anything (Of weight) apparently so she can go full force into supporting him
Oh dear god, I wish I could go into a powerful family and buy my own bride so I can have that happy life. Not to say that the doctor rational take is somehow useless when you know that the main girl doesnt mind it at all because apparently people like the main girl exist, so it is more of an antagonist voice than a voice of reason since the truths of this anime are kind of fucked up

Do you know many powerful families from the early 20th century Japan ?
Oct 29, 2021 2:48 PM

Aug 2010
So Yuzu's second worry is finally being revealed lol. Also Tamako finally got a dream, probably because of the time she took care of the sick Yuzu.

I wish they took a bit more time during the drama parts because I feel like they rushed it a lot of times and cut it to go into the next scene, and it kind of ruined the immersion.
Oct 29, 2021 2:58 PM

May 2021
Swagernator said:
Gween_Gween said:

Do you know many powerful families from the early 20th century Japan ?

I understand that arranged child marriages were and are a thing because of power discrepancies, I'm not dwelling into the concept but the execution and how it treats the topic, is that enough? Or do I need for some reason know the name of a Japan family to understand why the girl is acting like my roomba?

Oct 29, 2021 3:21 PM

Nov 2011
Great episode. Yuzu is adorable AF. Her features kind of through me for a surprise but I thought the direction of the story quickly put it to the side. Which is great IMO.

Great episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 29, 2021 4:45 PM

Apr 2015
I really warmed up to Tamako, she isn't half bad now that she spend some time with Yuzu. I think how they are getting along now was really sweet to see and it was nice to see her care for Yuzu when she was sick. It's kinda sad that she is now leaving actually.

Not going to lie, seeing Yuzu laying there with her chest covered in blood had me freaked out a bit. Glad to see that it was just her hands bleeding from trying to get less pressure from the bandages.

But holy shit what a "development". I honestly did not expect Yuzu to be in that category of character. The moment Tamahiko cut open those bandages, my jaw literally dropped.. Somehow I just wasn't expecting that from this type of show??? BUT DAYUM SHE STACKED THOUGH!

FMmatron said:
Her boobs aren't that big, they just appear that way on such a teeny body xD Yuzu probably ain't even 150cm, lol.
You made me curious so I had to take a look, Yuzu dropping in at 141cm XD She tiny af!
CeddyyBearrOct 29, 2021 4:50 PM
Oct 29, 2021 5:01 PM
Jul 2018
Yuzuki and Tamahiko still be loving no matter what's going on around them, but I think this couple is good for this anime.
removed-userOct 29, 2021 5:04 PM
Oct 29, 2021 5:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was another great episode, had a few depressing moments, but as always, Yuzuki saves our boy Tamahiko, I really liked Tamako in this one as well, took up for her brother when she kicked the doctors out and helped Yuzuki a lot, she really turned around after her introduction. I also liked the reveal that she was hiding two big badonkers under that Kimono, the second I saw the bandages I figured that lol, but never woulda guessed beforehand.

Also, I’m sad Tamako is leaving, been liking her a lot lately, I’m guessing she ends up going to school based on the OP, and if so I’m betting it won’t be the last we see of her thankfully.
Oct 29, 2021 5:55 PM
Mar 2021
The thing that really got me in this episode is when Yuzu told Tamako about a friend of hers going through similar things to Tamahiko. She knows! She's so perceptive and empathetic and strong, and ugh! This show! reliably gets to me! And it's good that Tamahiko realizes she's strong, too. but there he goes again having to insist on being pessimistic. It isn't easy pulling someone out of a despair spiral.
also you gotta feel really bad for the girl being stuck that short with a disproportionately large chest. gotta imagine it's hell on the back. :(

I hope Tamako's not offscreen for long, because she adds a much needed dynamic to the show, and the way her and Yuzu bond is just cuuuuuuuute.
Oct 29, 2021 6:13 PM

Dec 2015
Love how Tamako's warming up to her brother now (just a bit?). Tamahiko finally starting to realize how precious Yuzu is to him. Good thing Tamako was there otherwise I fear how this how would've ended up.

Holy cheeseballs I wasn't expecting that to be the "second problem" she had. Tamako wants to be a doctor. This whole situation was a good motivation for that.
Oct 29, 2021 6:57 PM

Nov 2019
Since we started off with the song of the famous singer, maybe we'll see her next episode (probably not though)

Poor Yuzu overworked, thank goodness Tamako was there, and a change in heart, for her to want to be a doctor now

Tamahiko sure has fallen for Yuzu at the end, there's no denying his feelings, only rejecting them now ^^;;
Oct 29, 2021 7:01 PM

Aug 2020
Yuzuki has always been a strong girl. I admire her

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Oct 29, 2021 7:06 PM

Jul 2015
I guess to be 4 episodes far on this anime I just have to accept all of Yuzu unexplained selflessness and love towards the protagonist to the point of her almost dying (not at all) on this episode, maybe later on the story we'll have some explanation. And I'm impressed with all that huge booba she was hiding I mean that was some serious badonkers, absolutely holy bonkers honkers, she shouldn't be doing that, she looked way more mature that way, but I can respect her decision. Also good to see that Tamahiko and Tamako relationship got better, by the end everyone will be blessed by Yuzu and she'll ascend to heaven.
Oct 29, 2021 8:35 PM

Jun 2021
Solid episode with a good message.

Only thing I wasn't too crazy about was the fact that Yuzu hid her large breasts. That joke kind of felt out of place and the idea is kind of silly.
Oct 29, 2021 10:24 PM

Oct 2016
Yuzu was hiding some massive weapons, Jesus. Great episode! It sucks how the Shima family's reputation is affecting how people treat Tamahiko and Tamako. Tamahiko, Tamako and Yuzu needs to be proteccted. I guess Tamako wants to be a doctor so she can be of help to Yuzu or Tamahiko, that's really sweet, but I hope we still see a lot of her.

Fluff and boing is a seriously dangerous combination though. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 29, 2021 10:30 PM

Jul 2016
Damn, Yuzu is stacked! Her rant about the lows of having big boobs was really cute, by the way.

Another good episode. Tamahiko being unable to help Yuzu sure was frustrating to see (not that it could be helped) but thanks to this event, he now has the desire of wanting to make her as happy as possible so I would say their relationship is developing quite nicely.
Oct 30, 2021 12:56 AM

Apr 2021
She really pushed herself too much huh but welp glad she's better now.....And Tamako deciding to become a doctor sure came in as a surprise, that said I liked this episode!!!!!
Oct 30, 2021 3:29 AM

Nov 2016
CeddyyBearr said:
FMmatron said:
You made me curious so I had to take a look, Yuzu dropping in at 141cm XD She tiny af!

Did the same because I was curious too, lol.

Gween_Gween said:

There's a lot in for Yuzu as well. I mean, Tamahiko is a fairly handsome tall guy from a wealthy family. Good genes for their future children. One hell of a catch if you ask me. Even disregarding the era this is set in were certain things where expected, a girl would show a guy like that affection and try to please him. Different circumstances, but speaking a bit from experience.

On a more serious note. People aren't invested because the storytelling is so refinded. They are because they want to. Everyone knows this is wish fullfillment and rolls with it. Nobody cares about morality in here. Personally, I even think it would be hypocritical to act as if they genuinely care. Your post almost makes it seem like you made a groundbreaking dicovery by pointing out the obvious. At the very least you come across as if you're pretending that you ain't able to comprehend the rationale of others for liking this, just for the sake of making a trite point.

Pretty convoluted with a bit of strawman that it feels more like bait instead of criticism.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 30, 2021 3:41 AM

May 2021
FMmatron said:
CeddyyBearr said:

Gween_Gween said:

There's a lot in for Yuzu as well. I mean, Tamahiko is a fairly handsome tall guy from a wealthy family. Good genes for their future children. One hell of a catch if you ask me. Even disregarding the era this is set in were certain things where expected, a girl would show a guy like that affection and try to please him. Different circumstances, but speaking a bit from experience.

On a more serious note. People aren't invested because the storytelling is so refinded. They are because they want to. Everyone knows this is wish fullfillment and rolls with it. Nobody cares about morality in here. Personally, I even think it would be hypocritical to act as if they genuinely care. Your post almost makes it seem like you made a groundbreaking dicovery by pointing out the obvious. At the very least you come across as if you're pretending that you ain't able to comprehend the rationale of others for liking this, just for the sake of making a trite point.

Pretty convoluted with a bit of strawman that it feels more like bait instead of criticism.

Hmmm which is alright, I can't roll with it and others can roll with, I never tried to judge other for liking it. My post isn't meant to say that my personal view is something special (why do i need to anyways i dont care lmao), just to voice my opinion, strange right? Could take it as a bait, I like to spark discussion, they are fun, aren't them? I also understand the rationale of others liking it, because I can get it too, I like how wholesome and warm the interactions are, the anime is not boring to watch at, I'm just questioning if it is right or not to allow such trivialization of such issue to get entertainment, since the anime is pretty forgiving to such

Oct 30, 2021 5:11 AM

Jun 2016
damnn , scene while yuzu heavy breathing and have F Cups WTF
Oct 30, 2021 8:49 AM
Mar 2021
Yuzu-chan is such a good person by staying with Tamahiko-san. Her mom is so right. She's a very intelligent person.
Oct 30, 2021 10:23 AM

May 2018
ok I did not expect Yuzu's boing boings... too bad she's no longer a loli :(
Oct 30, 2021 3:20 PM

Jun 2019
Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm going back and forth a lot and this series in particular may be the one to underscore the point that just because I started watching currently airing seasonals with some regularity for the first time this year, it doesn't mean I have to attempt to effectively be able to judge these shows one, two, three, or even four or more episodes in. It's just too early.

Case in point here - I liked this episode better than the last one, but I am still disappointed and underwhelmed by how Tamahiko and Tamako's relationship is handled and it feels like it jumps from embryonic development stage to just kind of sped up and glossed over and rushed.

Previously I mentioned this series as probably my favorite of the seasonals so far (and I'm watching 18, so it's a pretty wide sample size), but I can't help but feel annoyed by some of the aspects which plague other 11 - 13 episode series that have come out the past few years. That is, most series that aren't just Slice of Life and actually attempt to cram a more traditionally-told story into that length come off with a very palpable rushed feel.

I still maintain the 11 - 13 episode limited format is killing the quality and potential of so many anime that aren't pure Slice of Life and iyashikei or super dense arthouse projects left, right, and centre.

I love the premise and story of this anime (it's actually right up my alley), I think the art style and aesthetic is great and very appropriate and accentuates the mood and feel, animation is at least serviceable and I haven't noticed anything negative about it on a technical level (and I don't really care much and am not a stickler in this area anyway), music/OST is not amazing but still fills out episodes nicely and melds with a romantic dramedy and period piece well enough, at least the two main characters have an appealing chemistry you desire to watch unfold, and writing has been decent, etc.

But it just feels like a lot of corners are cut in how it's paced and plotted out and that becomes noticeable and detracts from the experience for me.

This is the type of story I would vastly prefer play out over many more episodes than it is being given. Something like a few dozen episodes - at least the Fruits Basket reboot-type length - would transform this from those modest qualifiers like "good", "serviceable", "decent", "watchable", etc. to something actually wonderful.
Oct 30, 2021 9:13 PM

Jan 2020
I'll miss Tamako being in the house ngl. She's grown on me and I liked the role she played for Yuzu here

Oct 30, 2021 9:25 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
Okay but Tamako...Tamahiko... DID YA'LL ACTUALLY TAKE THE DUMPLINGS OFF THE FIRE?!

// literally couldn't stop thinking about it lol.

Also totally forgot about the fact Tamahiko couldn't use his hand until now

But also small thing, but wondering how she's sleeping on her back with boobs...it's the absolute struggle.
KaguyachinchinOct 30, 2021 9:38 PM
Oct 31, 2021 1:18 AM

Oct 2008
OMG! oh good lord she's NOT pettanko! hurray!
5/5.

Tamahiko-sama! Yuzu is really a gem! treasure her!

Oct 31, 2021 4:04 AM

Apr 2018
The opening is a banger. This episode went more to the harsh reality side than the wholesomeness. I liked how Tamahiko dealt with his disability, he has a lot of room to grow as a person and of course, as a man. Yuzu on the other hand got a fever but she's alright after Tamako took care of her. She's slowly changing too and decided to be a doctor. The reveal of Yuzu having big breasts is certainly shocking but it's sad that she had to hide her chest back then and even now. It's a problem even in this era..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Oct 31, 2021 5:30 AM

Nov 2016
Gween_Gween said:
FMmatron said:

Hmmm which is alright, I can't roll with it and others can roll with, I never tried to judge other for liking it. My post isn't meant to say that my personal view is something special (why do i need to anyways i dont care lmao), just to voice my opinion, strange right? Could take it as a bait, I like to spark discussion, they are fun, aren't them? I also understand the rationale of others liking it, because I can get it too, I like how wholesome and warm the interactions are, the anime is not boring to watch at, I'm just questioning if it is right or not to allow such trivialization of such issue to get entertainment, since the anime is pretty forgiving to such

It's not an issue per se, especially not how it's depicted in this series. A child bride is something that could be seen as immoral, however here we got the idealistic almost dreamlike scenario where the girl ends up happy with her man. You can deem the concept itself to be bad in taste and interpret lack of nuance as potentially toxic message, but I consider it a reach when glorification of let's call it unpleasant matters isn't present. If anything it's rather the opposite. The treatment of servants was adressed. The doc was prejudiced, rightly so admittedly, yet Tamahiko was able to reflect his position thanks to him. In the context of a wish fullfillment it's sufficient. or maybe it was merely thrown in as a cheap excuse so that the mangaka could bail out on adressing it in a more sensible manner, because anything could be seen in a bad light Any more and this series would come across as unnecessarily preachy which would serve no real purpose in what it's trying to achieve, at worst it's counterproductive. Glaring on the other hand would be the victimization of Tamahiko. That's at least something that rubbed me the wrong way when I initially got into the manga. I could've done with it and most of the drama.

Oct 31, 2021 6:18 AM
Feb 2018
Loved the episode the scene of the tiny yuzu hold on to the sleeve was adorable and tamako declaration to be a doctor was sweet. Also the doctor told tamahiko to do something about his hand before he lose it gives me hope he may regain some use of it
Oct 31, 2021 10:31 AM

May 2021
FMmatron said:
Gween_Gween said:

. or maybe it was merely thrown in as a cheap excuse so that the mangaka could bail out on adressing it in a more sensible manner, because anything could be seen in a bad light

My inner cynic self see it as such way, Yuzu is such a perfect character that the intervention of the real world is the only way that the story tells you "This is not ok". Kind of like how HigeHiro had characters that tell the main characters that his action are not ok. I agree that the story would come as preachy with this context/environment if it forces the narrative of Yuzu being the victim, because she isn't, since she isn't a human. That is why the concept is flawed and out of touch, the series is actually alright, but I can't really get the decision of doing it in this way instead of using a less sensible topic like idk the father hiring a russian bride

Oct 31, 2021 12:05 PM
Jan 2021
A little nitpick for this episode

The Big Boobs elements just feel out of characters, unnecessary and unnatural. I mean yes, it could happen -who am i anyway to judge a woman biology- but this characters have enough of times already to introduce her full appearance. So revealing another body feature this late doesn't support any narrative at all, but just being as clear as Takagi-san forehead that it only there for fanservice purposes.

Instead of letting her have that insecurities, they're reducing her characters development by adding that Moe content just to spoil and fulfill an audience desires. And that's not good (By the looks of it, we not gonna witness it very often anyway, so why it need to be there on the first place?... ok i'm signing out, don't quote me please)
Oct 31, 2021 1:02 PM

Nov 2019
Something about all of this feels out of spice. Like, I hope for something to cherish throughout the whole episode: whether it be comedy, some great dialogue(s), character focus or even an intriguing story element - but none of them really shine. The awkward pacing doesn't match well with the relaxing atmosphere associated with an isolated house on the hills in the Taishou period. Watching this show at 1x or 2x speed won't affect the experience much. I think the director and other staff are responsible for this particular issue.

If they are skipping/rushing to adapt things, that'll be worse.
Still 3/5. Tamako really is that one character you don't want to dislike. Yuzu got some weapons of mass destruction, but I am not too surprised. Tamahiko needs to find his own stance. Cherishing pessimism doesn't sound rad.
"All truth is meaningless. In the end, 'meaning' comes from the mind of each individual human. Even when there is a single truth, it can mean different things to different individuals. The truth has no meaning in itself!" - Erika Furudo
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2021

55 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
Mar 14, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2021

104 by basskiller »»
Jan 11, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

50 by basskiller »»
Jan 8, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2021

52 by basskiller »»
Jan 6, 8:29 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2021

45 by basskiller »»
Jan 3, 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.