Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 10, 2021 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
Yuzuki all dressed up for Tokyo lol

She really cares about her friend and wanted to attend her marriage ceremony. Yuzuki always knows how to show her kindness in this show in ways she can. Tbh, I also think it's kinda refreshing to see Yuzuki on her this time.

A very sweet episode imo.
Dec 10, 2021 10:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Isn't her pregnant friend supposed to be 14 or something? Wtf
Though that big earthquake is really worrying and tragic, I just hope nothing happened to Yuzu it would be heartbreaking :/
Dec 10, 2021 10:16 AM

Apr 2016
Good friends are hard to come by, good for Yuzu that she decided to visit her, as she said she may never had the chance again, but you never know. Also there was a lot of talk about babies this time around xD

Anyway, here we are, the great Kanto earthquake is here ...

Ashhk said:

In medieval europe 13/14 y. old were giving birth to kings.
Dec 10, 2021 10:39 AM
Oct 2016
Tragedy often arrives at when people are feeling their best. Coming around the corner to knock us back down on our asses. Yuzu and Tamahiko were having a great time at the beginning of this episode. The two have been through some hardships but things are looking up consistently now. Their home life has gotten very busy. Just enjoying times together as Yuzu received a letter from her friend about some exciting news. We'd seen how close Yuzu was with her old school friends in those flashbacks. Now we see Yuzu with Midori in the present having fun in Tokyo. Celebrating how far they've both come since their days in the girls school.

Once we all relax that's when tragedy likes to come and show itself. A normal day at the beginning of September leading to one of the worst disasters in Japan history, The Great Kanto Earthquake of 1923. Most of Tokyo was destroyed in that event along with much of the countryside surrounding it like where Yuzu and Tamahiko house is which is why they could even see effects out there. Yuzu is trapped somewhere in the middle of that hell, Tamahiko almost fell into despair thinking about her being hurt but he pulls himself back up! Showing some great character development not giving up and going to look for Yuzu himself even knowing how bad its going to be.
Dec 10, 2021 10:39 AM
Oct 2016
Ashhk said:
Though that big earthquake is really worrying and tragic, I just hope nothing happened to Yuzu it would be heartbreaking :/

Its been over two years since Yuzu came to live with Tamahiko. So both her and her friend are 16 close to 17
Dec 10, 2021 10:50 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Dukino said:
Ashhk said:

Its been over two years since Yuzu came to live with Tamahiko. So both her and her friend are 16 close to 17
Thanks for the info I forgot, fortunately it's not as young as I thought xD
Dec 10, 2021 11:28 AM
Oct 2016
Map showing the severity of the Great Kanto Earthquake.

X marks the epicenter in Tokyo.
Circle of where Tamahiko house is in Chiba

Dec 10, 2021 11:55 AM

Jul 2021
I'm pretty sure Yuzuki won't die, however I think there's a possibility she might lose movement in some part of her body, like her hand.
asdasdsadad
Dec 10, 2021 11:57 AM

Jul 2021
Ashhk said:
Dukino said:

Thanks for the info I forgot, fortunately it's not as young as I thought xD

I was scared, I also thought she was around 14 years old. As you said, luckily she's not that young.
asdasdsadad
Dec 10, 2021 12:06 PM

Jul 2017
Yuzu's good friend Midori is living the good life: getting married with her partner, moving to Kyushu and being pregnant, there's cause to celebrate for her. But for that to happen, she has to leave Tamahiko alone to go to Tokyo.

CHOTTO-MADE KUDASAI Yuzu, expect yours and Tamahiko's baby when the time is right, what boldness to receive a charm and send prayers to a good friend lols. Yuzu planned that far ahead already, she's destined for life with Tamahiko. That's just too cute xD

The meeting of friends now all grown up in Tokyo, and Midori's partner thankfully while they did the deed before the formalities, I'd give him props for being a man to own his feelings to Midori and her entire family. Still though, friends like Yuzu and Midori are lifelong friends that can last a lifetime.

The Great Kanto Earthquake in the year Taisho 12 (Sept 1st, 1923) makes its significance here, and it is a classic Japanese historical footnote. Tamahiko being concerned for Yuzu is just, and anticipating her death as a pessimist Tamahiko is no more with the promises made. And here he is, making a move to Tokyo to go find Yuzu with the matching scarf.

Tamahiko has changed significantly for the better, and no longer the held-back pessimist he is, his life changed because of Yuzu's unwavering love.
Dec 10, 2021 1:07 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Wow. What an emotional ride this was. Yuzu learns that her friend Midori is pregnant and after a lot of worrying over how Tamahiko will do without her, goes off to Tokyo to visit her friend. Midori and Yuzu spend a lot of time together and have fun with Yuzu stating she wants a lot of children xD. Unfortunately however, disaster strikes and the Great Kanto Earthqauke of 1923 occurred... the village where Tamahiko lives felt the effects despite being so far away and Tamahiko is worried for Yuzu's safety given that she was at the area the earthquake struck...
He sets out to find her...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 10, 2021 1:08 PM

Jan 2018
Did I mistake Midori for Yuzu's mother in the last preview? LOL

Anyways calling Midori a mother wouldn't be a stretch now cause she one-upped her friend Yuzuki by getting pregnant... and even skipped the step of being married first.
Judging by the comments here do people keep forgetting what era this show takes place in? And it's not like teen pregnancy is totally uncommon in the current era either.

The Great Kanto Earthquake huh. This is probably the ending arc of this season which I think will be very good. I wish the animation was slightly better though.
Dec 10, 2021 2:06 PM

Oct 2012
Dukino said:

Actually, she's stilll 15 (almost 16 though in three months as her birthday is on December 31tst). She came almost two years ago when she was 14yo. Her friend is one year older IIRC 17yo now if we go by the manga (although anime swith some part a lot, ie. Kotori only appeared after the earthquake as there was story reason for that). Tamahiko is 19 right now if I'm counting right (Semptember 1st birthday).

The point is, this was pretty much normal age to be married (15yo) at that time, so we can't judge them by modern standards. Also her friend got pregnant before marriage and they had a lot explaining to do with their parents. Having a child before marriage was big problem back then.

Big difference between manga and anime is the anime is toned down a lot. Also, the pacing is bit off in the anime.

I mean, this arc is really big deal in the manga and the moment when earthquake striked would be better off as cliffhanger (MC was in severe depression for a while while in the anime they ended the episode on the positive note). Still wonder if they actually show some cruel things in the next episode or not.... maybe they just evade it as Japan was striked by two strong earthquakes just recently.
Dec 10, 2021 2:29 PM

Nov 2017
omg i almost cried at the end
though the earthquake part could've been a bit longer and more dramatic

plz @ me
Dec 10, 2021 2:38 PM
Jun 2015
Ashhk said:

She's 16. Still eyebrow raising by today's standard, but that was the expected age where you'd be looking towards marriage proposals or at very least we're legally eligible for marriage.
Dec 10, 2021 2:41 PM
Jun 2015
Mich666 said:
Dukino said:

Actually, she's stilll 15 (almost 16 though in three months as her birthday is on December 31tst). She came almost two years ago when she was 14yo. Her friend is one year older IIRC 17yo now if we go by the manga (although anime swith some part a lot, ie. Kotori only appeared after the earthquake as there was story reason for that). Tamahiko is 19 right now if I'm counting right (Semptember 1st birthday).

The point is, this was pretty much normal age to be married (15yo) at that time, so we can't judge them by modern standards. Also her friend got pregnant before marriage and they had a lot explaining to do with their parents. Having a child before marriage was big problem back then.

Big difference between manga and anime is the anime is toned down a lot. Also, the pacing is bit off in the anime.

I mean, this arc is really big deal in the manga and the moment when earthquake striked would be better off as cliffhanger (MC was in severe depression for a while while in the anime they ended the episode on the positive note). Still wonder if they actually show some cruel things in the next episode or not.... maybe they just evade it as Japan was striked by two strong earthquakes just recently.

Ahhh...so you noticed some of the pacing and event alterations too.
Dec 10, 2021 3:57 PM

Aug 2020
I almost had diabetes from the sweetness of these two. The earthquake was unexpected plot twist so that they can have a conclusion to end at ep 13 lol. I'd prefer their comfy lives smh. Why did this happen out of nowhere.

» [The World's Continuationใ€ไธ–็•Œใฎใคใฅใใ€‘- UTA/Ado โ™ช] «
0:00 ใ€‡โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ 4:55
โ†บ |โ— II โ–ท| โ™ก

โœฆ Come and Join us! โœฆ
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary โœฟ
โœฟ DeaD Blossoms โœฟ
Dec 10, 2021 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
The earthquake devastated the village quite worrisome, Yuzu's friend is the same age as she is already has a child I was a little surprised by that.
removed-userDec 11, 2021 9:45 AM
Dec 10, 2021 4:37 PM

Jul 2013
I expected something to go wrong based on the OP, but not to this scale holy shit.
Dec 10, 2021 5:28 PM
Sep 2021
Great Kanto Earthquake. My fav arc has finally come!
Dec 10, 2021 7:40 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This episode was a mix of emotions, most of the episode focused on Yuzu meeting up with her friend in Tokyo, which was a slew of very good moments between the two of them, i really liked that, but last part of the episode involved a real historical event, the Great Kanto Earthquake, I honestly didn’t expect something like this in the show but I think it’s gonna make for a really good reuniting next episode. As tragic as it is, it’s very cool to see a historically significant event occur here.
Dec 10, 2021 8:32 PM
Mar 2015
The great Kanto Earthquake certainly rocked their world
Dec 10, 2021 8:52 PM
Sep 2021
Oh man, the calm before the storm.

It definitely took a hit on Tamahiko, glad that he got back up immediately.
Dec 10, 2021 9:08 PM

Jan 2015
The great Kanto Earthquake... It does hit Tamahiko's thought and thinking at first, feeding him with another negative thinking. Even so, after reading the letter, looking at the the scarf and stuff, which is successfully make his determination for saving Yuzu instead of just waiting for her coming back become stronger.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 10, 2021 11:30 PM

Jan 2017
Khunime said:
I almost had diabetes from the sweetness of these two. The earthquake was unexpected plot twist so that they can have a conclusion to end at ep 13 lol. I'd prefer their comfy lives smh. Why did this happen out of nowhere.
I wouldn't call it happened out of nowhere, look up the great kanto earthquake, pretty much where/when the story's set up.
Dec 10, 2021 11:56 PM

Oct 2016
Bruh, Tamahiko's birthday was really the Great Kanto Earthquake, the world hates this man.

Tamahiko and Yuzu being all flirty in public when Tamahiko was seeing Yuzu off was so cute. The baby is not that far off at this rate lmao, and Yuzu wants a lot, good luck Tamahiko.

It was also really sweet to see Yuzu and Midori hanging out one more time. Fuck, Midori is pregnant, I hope they're ok after that earthquake. Looking forward to the next episode.
Dec 11, 2021 12:34 AM

Oct 2017
The shrine visit was sweet, I wanna see their baby someday. Thou wasn't expecting such a turn at the end. It was a nasty earthquake. I hope Yuzu's safe.
Dec 11, 2021 4:26 AM

Mar 2015
The Great Kanto Earthquake was pretty devastating historically. Everything seems very much up in the air for next week.

In addition to Yuzu and her friend being in Tokyo, isn't that where Tamahiko's Sister is studying medicine?
The sword that takes life gives life
Dec 11, 2021 7:17 AM

Jun 2020
mixed feelings about this episode. i liked the element of the earthquake being introduced, and it makes for an interesting story to tell. i just didn't think it was executed properly. everything was somehow glossed over in 5 minutes, and the sugary sweet vibe of this show really messed with how devastating of an event this could have been portrayed as. the pacing was just bad tbh. the first 15 minutes were pretty boring, and then they fit what could have been it's own arc into the last five minutes.
Dec 11, 2021 12:10 PM

Mar 2008
Top_Sergeant said:
The Great Kanto Earthquake was pretty devastating historically. Everything seems very much up in the air for next week.

In addition to Yuzu and her friend being in Tokyo, isn't that where Tamahiko's Sister is studying medicine?

I believe Tamako is living in Kobe with their uncle so thankfully she'd be out of the epicenter.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Dec 11, 2021 12:53 PM

Dec 2015
Nice for Yuzu to get out of the house. I can see why she'd worried about Tamahiko though.
Hearing the girls chat about the guys they are in love with was nice.

The earthquake did quite the number on that town. Tokyo's most likely not looking any better.
Tamahiko calmed down and is ready to go look for Yuzu.
Hopefully this doesn't take a turn for the worst.
Dec 11, 2021 1:26 PM

Apr 2015
It totally slipped my mind that the Anime is actually in 1923 at this point.. The Great Kanto Earthquake, man I didn't expect to see the worst natural disaster Japan has ever faced would be in an Anime. It went from all cute to really serious in record time.

Tamahiko going to find Yuzu, I wonder what this arc has to offer us, especially the consequences of such a massive earthquake. Yuzu is probably going to be alright, but I am alos worried for her friend and it seems that Tamahiko's place is unlivable right now. Maybe they will move to his uncle's place and join Tamako.
Dec 11, 2021 4:10 PM

Nov 2019
Soft start with the cute couple, and its nice seeing Yuzu talking to her friend Midori-san (they both are so in love with their partners aww)

Tamahiko's character development is immaculate in this episode, with the Great Kanto Earthquake hitting...I hope he finds Yuzu quickly
Dec 11, 2021 4:42 PM

Oct 2008
omg! the horrific tragic great Kanto Earthquake Strikes!
according to wiki the earthquake had a magnitude of 7.9 damn! that's very terrifying!
next episode would be a very difficult episode for Tamahiko-sama!
5/5.

Dec 11, 2021 9:37 PM

Jul 2016
Midori's boyfriend sure couldn't keep it in his pants, huh? Well, at least the dude took responsibility as the adult he is.

OK episode overall. Looking forward to seeing how serious things will get now that Yuzu and Tamahiko's lives have been struck by the worst natural disaster Japan has ever faced.
Dec 12, 2021 5:21 AM

Jul 2021
For the first half of the episode I was like: AAAAAAAAA I'VE GOT DIABETES!!!
The first half had so many Tamahiko and Yuzu kawaii and wholesome moments. Yuzu saying she's gonna miss Tamahiko when she's gone, Yuzu wanting to have a goodbye kiss lol. Tamahiko telling her we will do that a lot after she comes back. Also Yuzu wants to get married soon and wants to have lots of kids xD.

Then BOOM. The Great Kanto Earthquake. It just happened out of nowhere, I literally got chills, I was so scared, this anime would have gone from a wholesome romance to tragic in just half an episode. I was so relieved when they showed Tamahiko and others were safe. But we still don't know what condition Yuzu is in, I'm not blaming Tamahiko for having all that negative thoughts, anyone in that situation will have the same thoughts, but Tamahiko picked himself up and made up his mind to go visit Yuzu in Tokyo and find her, which I think is going to be pretty difficult, chaos everywhere and I think he doesn't even know where in Tokyo she is. At least one good thing came out of all this and that was Tamahiko admitting that he in fact loves Yuzu.

Next episode is going to be tense, that might be the only episode without any wholesome, cute moments. Tamahiko is going to try to find Yuzu, one can only imagine what mental state he must be in, all those negative thoughts inevitably running through his mind. Seeing all those injured people, suffering, crying over the death of their loved ones. But considering the show uptil now I REALLY hope they won't kill off Yuzu (it hurts just writing this sentence), at most she might get injured. I'm actually more worried about Midori, I really hope she doesn't get hurt or I don't know she goes into premature labor, I mean we don't know how many months she's pregnant but premature labor due to all the trauma (physical and mental) is a possibility.
Really looking forward to next episode, hopefully I won't be able to think about this a lot because my finals are starting from Tuesday so the wait isn't going to be that painful.
TsutanaiFuunDec 12, 2021 5:25 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Dec 12, 2021 8:46 AM

Aug 2021
My jaw literally dropped like 3 times this episode. I would sue someone if they killed off Yuzu
Dec 12, 2021 5:50 PM

Feb 2014
Oh shit, I saw some meme spoiling this dramatic twist, but I wasn't 100% I should have believed it, but damn, here we are.
Nothing more to do than to hope Yuzu will be ok.
Dec 13, 2021 5:01 AM

May 2009
Mewt___ said:
... how does he ride a bike?

You can steer with one arm.
Dec 15, 2021 2:40 AM

Apr 2021
Man this episode was really going good till that earthquake struck....I hope Tamahiko can find Yuzu soon....
Dec 15, 2021 9:41 PM

Aug 2018
The episode was going nice but...damn it.
Well yes, they did adapt the earthquake thing...PLEASE LET YUZU AND MIDORI BE WELL.
Dec 18, 2021 1:49 PM

Apr 2020
We finally meet Yuzu's friend, Midori, who's now having a baby. And with our girl thinking of a baby (lots of it) as well, I mean you know what time it is fellowed weebs, they're about to have---

[The Great Kanto Earthquake just happened]....you better save our girl, Tamahiko.
Dec 18, 2021 9:35 PM
Dec 2019
Yuzu looks adorable and she got to see her friend Midori which is good. They got time to catch up. Poor Tamahiko though he misses her so much. Also I was actually surprised that there was an earthquake it was really unexpected. Now Tamahiko will try finding Yuzu in Tokyo which'll be very hard since it's a city and because of the earthquake. But I'm sure he'll find her anyways. Overall a great episode.
Dec 23, 2021 1:08 AM
Sep 2015
Finally we have gotten to the Great Kanto Earthquake. A very important arc in the story. I've been looking forward to this, especially since this arc appears later in the anime compared to the manga.

I'm starting to accept that some of the source material is almost certainly going to be left out considering there is only 2 episodes left. Kind of disappointing, so hopefully there is more content after this season.
Jan 31, 2022 5:21 AM

Nov 2014
After some discussion Yuzu decided to visit her best friend Midori to congratulate her for the pregnancy and marriage even though at first she was reluctant to leave Tamahiko alone. Tamahiko encourage her to go since she might not be able to met her again in the future because she'll be moving to Kyushu. They also decided to buy pregnancy charm for Midori and somehow Yuzu blurted out talking about kids that made Tamahiko embarassed and blushing.

They were so cute before Yuzu aboard the train, failed to kiss because in public lead to them blushing together :D.

Finally Yuzu met her bestie. They enjoying Tokyo and talking together about love and their romance life. Meanwhile Tamahiko doing their usual daily chores and teaching the kids. Yuzu asked Ryou to help prepare the food in place of her.

and...one of emotional arc kicks in .. Great Kanto Earthquake...
Tamahiko really scared about what might be happen to Yuzu in the city, his pathetic and oessimistic side returning again feared that he'll be losing the most precious beloved person. Good grief upon seeing the present for his birthday that left out in Yuzu's room the purple trumpet flower Scarf and Gloves with soothing letter from Yuzu, His bravery and confidence rising again. Those encourage him to go to Tokyo to find her and..there he goes to the next episode...
Feb 13, 2022 3:46 PM

Jul 2015
The sudden historic earthquake caught me offguard there. Glad Tamahiko didn't kiss Yuzu at the trainstation, could've triggered an unwanted deathflag.

Mar 3, 2022 10:32 PM

Mar 2013
I've been wondering this for awhile now but it seem that since the last half, the story is getting more disconnected...?
From my perspective, it looks like we are jumping or skipping chapters after chapters and only focusing more on the most important parts.

Up to this point, I'm simply seeing probably the most important parts to be emphasized and skipping some based from my intuitive theory. (Dunno if that's a word). Anyway, as far as I can tell, this is still enjoyable and inspiring to watch.
CrazyButNot4UMar 3, 2022 11:06 PM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 8, 2022 10:15 PM

Aug 2018
I wonder if the both die from the atomic bombs
Jul 27, 2022 8:40 AM

Jun 2021
I really hope Yuzu and her friend are ok. I’m glad to see our boy growing. His change in mindset is a pretty big step for him. Also, and I can’t stress this enough, Tamahiko and Yuzu are just too precious. Like their love is so pure and sweet, it’s messing with my diabetes lol.
Nov 2, 2022 3:57 AM

Dec 2013
Yuzu is really a sweet person. I admire her friendship with Midori. I hope Tamahiko will find Yuzu safely huhu

โ˜…โ”โ”โ”€
๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ต?
๐˜ž๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜ฌ ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ต ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜บ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ข๐˜บ?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2021

55 by HyperlinkBlocked »»
Mar 14, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2021

104 by basskiller »»
Jan 11, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2021

50 by basskiller »»
Jan 8, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2021

45 by basskiller »»
Jan 3, 7:44 PM

Poll: » Taishou Otome Otogibanashi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2021

47 by basskiller »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:45 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.