Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 12, 2016 9:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was actually quite intense for an episode.

We got the girls fighting and military aircrafts involved against the Neuroi. Poor Takami, at least she got saved by Hikari or that would of been a nasty fall. The action impressed me this episode as well. Definitely enjoyed this episode better than the premiere.
Oct 12, 2016 10:47 AM

Aug 2013
Two scars on the left now..

What's Hikari's power..?
Oct 12, 2016 10:49 AM

Apr 2010
This has so much in common with Miyafuyi's story it's almost the same not that i mind tho.
Speaking of which she would probably be able to heal Hikari's sister but my guess is she isn't going to appear.

The episode itself was pretty good i hope we will see more episodes like this.
Oct 12, 2016 11:26 AM

Sep 2015
The current brave witches timeline actually happen after the season 1 of strike witches and before season 2

Hikari seems to have the same ability(see thru neuroi) as her sister. And her sister turning to other mode(red hair) is just her own hidden ability or all witches can do that? Because there is non in stirke witches series.

Not joking but, they should take Takami to 501s Miyafuji for some big healing. Sadly it is impossible:(

**have always thought why Takami look up to her sister Hikari flying in the op at the end instead of flying with her, now i know why....
valvravetruthOct 12, 2016 12:05 PM
Oct 12, 2016 11:34 AM

Aug 2013
Aversa said:
This has so much in common with Miyafuyi's story it's almost the same not that i mind tho.
Speaking of which she would probably be able to heal Hikari's sister but my guess is she isn't going to appear.

502nd have Georgette.. :)
Oct 12, 2016 12:13 PM

Oct 2010
I was wondering about the Ramune bottles.

"The bottle is a Codd Stopper, invented by [English] soda magnate Hiram Codd and patented in 1873."
"The quaintly pejorative term codswallop refers to beer that was sold in such bottles."
"But while Codd bottles fell out of use in Europe, and never gained much traction in North America, they were crazy popular in Asia."
http://gadgets.boingboing.net/2009/02/20/ramune-and-the-myste.html
Oct 12, 2016 1:28 PM

May 2015
Damn, things sure got intense. Poor Takami ;__;....

Oct 12, 2016 1:29 PM

Dec 2009
There are a lot of similarities, though story-wise i see it being quite great. I've always loved the premise of Strike Witches, and wish i could wear a striker unit and fly through the sky like that...

The sisters seem to have a Sakamoto-like ability to see the cores, though it seems with much less resolution.

One issue i see here is that we don't seem to have any dramatic stand-out characters like Sakamoto and the rest, who were all so dramatically different from eachother. The new group seems a lot less colourful, and the cost will be memorability.
GenesisAriaOct 12, 2016 1:37 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 12, 2016 3:27 PM

Jan 2016
@ comment #6 , yeah i was thinking the same thing
I feel like I'm watching a video-game being played, and just like those video-games, my important people get gravely injured or die.... I hate this
So the reason they use full-autos and those two use bolt action is because only they can see the core? that is my guess with no prior knowledge.
Also that special ability, too bad it requires all your energy and is a channel ability...

Oct 12, 2016 4:26 PM
Sep 2009
Is it just me or is this season very CGI heavy?
Oct 12, 2016 6:05 PM

May 2014
kitten320 said:
Is it just me or is this season very CGI heavy?

Different studio, yeah Silver Link's turned up the CGI quite a bit.
Oct 12, 2016 6:22 PM

Dec 2011
Gundula is so delish OMG~

It's not the first time for someone with big chest in Witches series, but there's something with Gundula that makes her so attracting.

ChendrosheeOct 12, 2016 10:22 PM
Oct 12, 2016 10:32 PM

Jun 2015
hmhmmh, baguette girl can't heal as good as Miyafuji, but welp, the 502nd girls are lovely
Oct 13, 2016 12:20 AM

Sep 2015
Hikari sister most likely won't be able to fly as a witch anymore after if she wake up, she use up most of her magic and unable to be qualify as a witch(enough magic to put up a barrier and ride a units). But of course Takami still be able to use low magic in a normal way.
Oct 13, 2016 12:27 AM

Apr 2014
I don't like that 3dgc in this show. I hope that they will fix most of the animation in the dvd/bd versions.
Oct 13, 2016 12:38 AM

Jun 2013
Really good episode! A lot more Intense than I was expecting!
Oct 13, 2016 1:41 AM
Jan 2016
If u wanna know what happens next week just watch ep3 of sw s1 and you will find out

Brave witches is gonna see a considerable lack of quality due to silverlinks current other projects and near future projects. The OP and episode 2 are very telling about how the quality is going to be for the rest of the series. As a big witches fan, overall i feel im going to be very critical of this series as it will most likely be flawed as hell, but I'll still enjoy it

Okami_doge said:
hmhmmh, baguette girl can't heal as good as Miyafuji, but welp, the 502nd girls are lovely

Georgette suffers when she uses her magic more than miyafuji, she uses up a lot of calories and such when she heals and has to eat a lot to compensate
trkOct 13, 2016 1:46 AM
Oct 13, 2016 2:41 AM

Aug 2013
Okami_doge said:

That's why I love her than Yoshika..xD
Oct 13, 2016 3:11 AM

Aug 2008
Loved it! I really like the direction where this show is heading. As this is my first try at the Witches series, it's turning out even better than I thought! I like it that the girls are in actual danger, and casualties do happen...

The only smear on my fun is Naoe. Freaking dislike her type of character. I guess she's tsundere? Ugh.

Next episode will probably introduce us the rest of the main cast. Should be fun.
Oct 13, 2016 4:01 AM
Jan 2016
Genix said:
Loved it! I really like the direction where this show is heading. As this is my first try at the Witches series, it's turning out even better than I thought! I like it that the girls are in actual danger, and casualties do happen...

The only smear on my fun is Naoe. Freaking dislike her type of character. I guess she's tsundere? Ugh.

Next episode will probably introduce us the rest of the main cast. Should be fun.

She's not tsundere, she's just hard to get along with. She has a very strong personality, one of which doesnt lend too well to teamwork or communications in battle sometimes
trkOct 13, 2016 4:07 AM
Oct 13, 2016 4:27 AM
Nov 2011
So episode 2 we got to see some of the interactions between the characters. So far... very impressed. Waltrud lives up to her role quite nicely. Also like the tidbit of Edytha and Gundula's two interactions. The first with the newspaper of Erica and Gertrud and then Gundula calling her sensei. Great stuff so far! The battle scenes are definitely going to take some getting used to, but I don't mind it too much.

EDIT: Curious, but can anyone identify the gun that the Karibuchi sisters were using? I'm going to hazard a guess at the Solothurn S-18/100 or the upgraded 1000 model, but if anyone can confirm this (either by the japanese biography or by looking at the gun, I'd be pleased).
nosefOct 13, 2016 4:52 AM
Oct 13, 2016 6:27 AM

Apr 2011
Big sis already got taken out early. She has an amazing ability but it takes a lot of magic powers, and little sis also has the same power but not as powerful.
Oct 13, 2016 6:32 AM

Apr 2010
ernietheracefan said:
Aversa said:

502nd have Georgette.. :)
More importantly the have Rall she is one of my favourite witches i always liked lore around her.
Oct 13, 2016 7:42 AM

Oct 2008
Hikari's older sister Takami used limit break in order to hold-off the Neuroi but at the same time almost used all of her life force.
The sudden bravery of Hikari showed-up on the last part!
She's gonna be a part of 502th! maybe as a temp sub for Takami!?
4/5.

Oct 13, 2016 10:28 AM

Aug 2013
Damn, that was intense..

So Hikari was supposed to going to Suomus, Takami using her second form & have a hibernation, and Naoe acts like Messer & Perrine.

And Haruka Terui is using softer version of Yuuna's voice, which is good..
Oct 13, 2016 12:05 PM

Aug 2012
I really want to like this show as I love SW, but so far the CGI make the overall quality feel pretty shit compared to the older show, with combat that was drawn by hand and/or had very well hidden CGI.

Now CGI is not bad if done right with high frame rate and smoothness in the animations, this show so far however is not that which saddens me a lot as I loved the original franchise.
Oct 13, 2016 12:05 PM
Jan 2016
ernietheracefan said:
Damn, that was intense..

So Hikari was supposed to going to Suomus, Takami using her second form & have a hibernation, and Naoe acts like Messer & Perrine.

Nao isn't really like Perrine at all, a lot of people are drawing the wrong parallel.

Nao is hostile towards Hikari because Hikari was a klutz and would have been killed, Nao doesn't see her as being strong enough to be a witch which is her whole shtick, you have to be strong to be a witch. She's especially like that towards Hikari after what happens to Takami.

She doesn't think Hikari has what it takes to be a witch and if she thinks it'll be a detriment to the squadron, she'll be hostile towards it.

Perrine was just based around jealousy of being with Mio rather than being detrimental to the squadron (although that was there also)
Oct 13, 2016 12:30 PM

Feb 2014
I was hoping to see more of Takami's battle skills throughout the show, but since she used her trump card to wipe out the Neuroi fleet, she's in hibernation mode is close to death. Hopefully she'll be okay. =)

Hikari will have to learn a lot and work very hard from now on if she wants to be able to help the 502nd squad on the frontline battles.

Overall, this was a good episode filled with plenty of action and a really nice soundtrack to go with it. Although a bit too similar in many ways to the Strike Witches, I'm still enjoying Brave Witches so far. =)
Oct 13, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2013
trk said:
ernietheracefan said:
Damn, that was intense..

Nao isn't really like Perrine at all, a lot of people are drawing the wrong parallel.

Nao is hostile towards Hikari because Hikari was a klutz and would have been killed, Nao doesn't see her as being strong enough to be a witch which is her whole shtick, you have to be strong to be a witch. She's especially like that towards Hikari after what happens to Takami.

She doesn't think Hikari has what it takes to be a witch and if she thinks it'll be a detriment to the squadron, she'll be hostile towards it.

Perrine was just based around jealousy of being with Mio rather than being detrimental to the squadron (although that was there also)

I'm stand corrected..

And the CG is like from Im@s current games..
Oct 13, 2016 12:41 PM

Sep 2014
feels quite weak compared to the original strike witches so far. After all imo the franchise never was about story or fighting but panty shots and history. And this is quite lacking atm.
But lets see where this is going.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 13, 2016 12:41 PM
Jan 2016
ernietheracefan said:

And the CG is like from Im@s current games..

Honestly, it's worse, it looks exactly the same as it did in season 1, which was 8 years ago.

I had faith in Silverlink after O.V.A which were visually were great, but that was a big screen production... Hopefully it improves, but I don't think it will. The liberal use of CGI in the OP is pretty telling how things will turn out to be.
Oct 13, 2016 4:41 PM

Nov 2015
It got really intense, the girls fighting was cool.

Oct 13, 2016 4:56 PM

Oct 2013
Lots of action already. Good ep.
Oct 13, 2016 10:55 PM
Jun 2016
ChloeVonEinzbern said:
I don't like that 3dgc in this show. I hope that they will fix most of the animation in the dvd/bd versions.

hey excuse me but who are the characters of your signature ?? thanks
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 13, 2016 10:55 PM
Jun 2016
it was okey Hikari will get OP and save the world not gonna drop it but lets see what happend
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 14, 2016 12:11 AM

Apr 2014
JRiosGami said:
ChloeVonEinzbern said:

hey excuse me but who are the characters of your signature ?? thanks
Sent you a message, so I won't go offtop here.
Oct 14, 2016 12:55 AM

Oct 2016
now things might get serious .. :3
Oct 14, 2016 5:07 AM

Jun 2009
GenesisAria said:
There are a lot of similarities, though story-wise i see it being quite great. I've always loved the premise of Strike Witches, and wish i could wear a striker unit and fly through the sky like that...

The sisters seem to have a Sakamoto-like ability to see the cores, though it seems with much less resolution.

One issue i see here is that we don't seem to have any dramatic stand-out characters like Sakamoto and the rest, who were all so dramatically different from eachother. The new group seems a lot less colourful, and the cost will be memorability.

Well Sakamoto could not turn off her ability while these girls can. So it makes sense
Oct 14, 2016 7:08 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative flows well enough, even though this time saw nothing exceptional like the script, but I would not fail even now directed, even if during the fight before the arrival of the Witches of the 502th, they could better manage hazardous situation that he was facing Hikary. Designs and animations as sufficient quality. The soundtrack is fit for purpose, they are catchy the opening and ending. Finally you enter the heart of the story, I hope will exceed my expectations, as I have yet to get used to the new Witches, since I still in the heart of the 501th.
Oct 14, 2016 7:31 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Im glad that the mc finally managed to get to the shrine by using magic to jump
across. Glad to see that her powers have finally awakened.

Love the opening song

The scene where the students and crews of incoming ships saluted
the mc and her sister though was a nice touch and its something quite
commonly seen in the actual military

Wow Hikari has a lot of stamina and is actually a pretty likable character

Takami looks so cool when she is geared up lol
pairing humans that use magic and mechanical components is a genius invention

Hmm so Takami calls her unit Chidori
an interesting name for sure and one of the prettiest names as well

The sisters sure have a strong bond

Takami sure is a great character
kind and caring towards friends and family and lethal to her enemies

So in addition to the witches they also use conventional fighters and weaponry
as well eh

Combat scenes was pretty well done and animated here
so thats how witches fight

Wow Takami's special ability is devastating

Its nice to see Hikari is brave enough to step up even if she is still green

You can't fault Hikari for her courage and bravery and her willingness to
serve to protect her sister and everyone that she cares about
thats some courage she has. And man the brave witches really are powerful.

Overall a great episode that advanced the plot and introduced some interesting
characters while also developing the characters. Combat scenes was also pretty solid as well.
Oct 14, 2016 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
oh man what an intense battle
Oct 14, 2016 11:20 AM

Apr 2014
The episode is okay...
However, compared to Strike Witches, this one is a little weaker, mostly because of the bad animated fight scenes. The steady switching between CGI and conventional animation is quite annoying. Furthermore, the plot itself is definetely not the best one, but if you already watched Strike Witches, you shouldn't expect much of it. However, the main reason why I continued watching and even enjoying Strike Witches are the lovable characters. I really hope the 502st Joint Fighter Wing will be just as lovable as the 501nd.
PrincessKuraeOct 17, 2016 7:58 AM
Oct 15, 2016 12:14 AM
Mar 2012
Tell me it's not 1 annoying character per episode...
I find battles are ok, not bothered by cg/2d since it's fast paced. Cg water nice but could use more layers. But bland alien designs & fight remind of kuusen madoushi, qualidea etc which is concerning.
Finally there's girls wearing normal stuff, not mizugi.
Takami's abilities seem interesting, hopefully she doesn't get ignored.
I'm not seeing how this differentiates from gup, kancolle or haifuri yet, not sure on watching more of the same.
Oct 15, 2016 12:36 AM
Mar 2015
This anime is a blast! Really like it so far. And in my opinion Hikari is way more interesting and likable character than Yoshika.

Also Naoe <3
Oct 17, 2016 3:10 AM
Jan 2016
gophercg said:
Tell me it's not 1 annoying character per episode...
I find battles are ok, not bothered by cg/2d since it's fast paced. Cg water nice but could use more layers. But bland alien designs & fight remind of kuusen madoushi, qualidea etc which is concerning.
Finally there's girls wearing normal stuff, not mizugi.
Takami's abilities seem interesting, hopefully she doesn't get ignored.
I'm not seeing how this differentiates from gup, kancolle or haifuri yet, not sure on watching more of the same.

This season is looking to be setup as a carbon copy of strike witches season 1. Expect the same 1 character per episode shenanigans.

The universe of strike witches has been built up a lot more compared to those you listed
Oct 24, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2014
even though i do miss the old characters a little bit im already warming up to the newer characters already with Naoe being my fave

over all it was a nice ep sucks what happened to the older sister though meaning she's gonna be out of it for awhile but looking forward to whats to come with Hikari getting stronger and such
"one step at a time"
Oct 26, 2016 4:45 AM

Jul 2009
Oh hell Takami is down, she was great, but of course she would not beat all those alone.
Nov 3, 2016 2:09 AM

Apr 2009
looks like we got a girl that can beat Ryoka in Occultic Nine in terms of cuteness and prettiness and that's Takami of BW :P and less boobs size as well
The current game that i play: Azur Lane :3

Jan 12, 2017 3:23 AM

Mar 2015
And that's how she becomes a part of the 502nd!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 15, 2017 10:46 AM

May 2012
Pretty lovely development I must say, really nice action and I do really hope her sister will be okay!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Do I have to see Strike Witches before Brave Witches?

BroskiKyoujin - Oct 5, 2016

13 by Foreall908 »»
Sep 7, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2016

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 24, 2022 10:27 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2016

25 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 24, 2022 9:55 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2016

38 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 22, 2022 10:31 PM

Poll: » Brave Witches Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2016

26 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 22, 2022 10:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.