3It was OK
4.2%
2Disliked it
3.3%
1Hated it
4.4%
Average 4.5
958 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2019 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, that escalated quickly. Amatsuyu is handling this situation in a rather hotheaded way until Sumireko and the others stepped in. Can't say I'm surprised though with all the drama entering his life.

Receiving a fist to the face was not a pretty sight for him either. (a hilarious one though). Tons of drama this episode.

Holy shit, Sumireko with her hair down
Stark700Oct 16, 2019 8:54 AM
Oct 16, 2019 8:59 AM

Mar 2014
Ok, for a minute there at the end I thought I saw Sakurajima Mai in this anime Lol
"Who knew that when a girl removing her glasses she becomes 10 times Prettier?"
but now THE ANIME.
Really good episode, Sanshokuin is THE WAIFU.

Sun chan deserves of what he did! "The Sin and the Punishment" lol
Oct 16, 2019 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
Definitely the best romcom story this year by far, Pansy handled everything almost flawlessly, the start was intense af I didnt expect Joro to just spur everything out like that, I thought he'd try to save face or create another misunderstanding, surprising how everything got resolved in just 3 eps, guess Pansy really did need to look like she wasnt in Joro's side at first to get Sunchan to fes up to her, 3 steps ahead of the game lol.

So the biggest trash of them all ended up being Sun chan, and I thought he was a damn bro at first too. Well it is admirable that he apologized infront of everyone and told them everything that happened but still... fuck you.

I was honestly surprised how Joro was able to handle the bullying like that, the boy was so chill about it that he was even kidding around when he was thinking how his shoe locker would look like each day, I like characters that thinks like that. Glad he really stood his ground when Sun chan was implying some shit about no one coming to the library and no one around, thought we were close to some hentai shit right there, This series is the opposite of edgy highschool life, its like Gintama highschool, not literally that good but its close, the way they just insert the comedy in a serious tone blends quite well.

Best part was the last parts and Pansy's confession on how she fell for him and her physical appearance reveal, this girl loves Joro so much that she didnt mind showing him her...yeah... that, and she's hella packing too like the ED showed. That smack kiss on the cheek too with her "I finally got this far..." while crying was adorable af. Woulda been a more surprising reveal to me if they actually didnt spoil her physique in the OP and ED tho.
For some reason I kinda like how he didnt fall for her despite her amazing appearance, would love to see how they develop.
Overall great ep! Wonder what happens next.

EDIT:
They changed the poster of the official site.
-StrayOct 16, 2019 10:06 AM
Oct 16, 2019 10:17 AM

Jan 2009
I also think that they shouldn't have spoiled Pansy's "True Form" via OP/ED. In the manga, the reveal was much more impactful.

I mean sure, girls with braids and big glasses are universally hidden bombshells in anime - we've come to expect that - but I certainly preferred the presentation in the manga.

That said: It was quite a fun ep. Pansy FTW!
Oct 16, 2019 10:23 AM

Apr 2016
Dude, i just realized it .. this show is basically a Brokeback Mountain, but instead of two gay guys, we have two nice guys who both hate women cuz of bad past experiencers.
Oct 16, 2019 10:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Pansy for the win. I knew she would a bishin, but I didn't know it would be to this extent.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Oct 16, 2019 10:30 AM
Dec 2017
Wait, kissing without handholding first? Thats gotta be illegal.
Overall, another great episode, it's like Kaguya-sama, but more about different kinds of relationships.
Oct 16, 2019 10:37 AM

Aug 2018
Oh god. Joro defending Himawari and Cosmos (despite being used by them) and the final scene with Pansy ... how much feeling, what a good job on the part of the anime.

Come on Joro, don't be a tsundere, fall in love with Pansy. It's the girl you need in your life hahaha
Oct 16, 2019 10:48 AM

Aug 2013
What an episode.

They handled the drama in this episode pretty well. Guess we all hate Sun-chan now, though it was nice of him to apologise in front of the class but still.

Pansy FTW. She's our favorite character. I really like her and she's hot.

Oct 16, 2019 10:54 AM

Mar 2018
Good to see them handling this episode/part really well! Really enjoyable.
Also Joro's outburst... Just amazing! I really like it when Yamashita Daiki does that!!

And lol, that ending card with the Episode 4 title. Now I think about TikTok, Joro, damn you!

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Oct 16, 2019 10:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Holy shit that was just amazing. This show somehow managed to massively one-up itself once again. So messed up but so good

Definitely best episode of any show this season so far
Oct 16, 2019 10:57 AM

Nov 2016
Yep, Sun-chan turned out to be a scumbag as well.

And Pansy best girl confirmed.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 16, 2019 10:59 AM
May 2017
This shit had me at the edge of my seat
Oct 16, 2019 11:01 AM

Oct 2017
This just went way too smoothly and perfect. Both Cosmos and Himawari learnt the truth and everything got resolved. I really thought that this stuff would go for a long time but things sure went by fast.

Sumireko best girl and she is gorgeous af.
MegamiRemOct 16, 2019 11:11 AM
Oct 16, 2019 11:04 AM
Dec 2013
There are reasons why I skip OP/EDs and getting spoilers from them is one of those.
Oct 16, 2019 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
No one's gonna mention that Sun-chan was going to assault/rape Pansy?
Oct 16, 2019 11:16 AM

Feb 2016
It took YEARS for me to finally watch an anime that absolutely destroys the romcom clichés I hate the most. This anime is so genius!

And damn, Pansy is a beaut!
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Oct 16, 2019 11:17 AM

Apr 2018
Man I can't get enough of this -______-
Oct 16, 2019 11:19 AM
Aug 2018
I'm glad I didn't watched the op/Ed up till now, although you could've guessed her being cute anyways, I like her other look just as much though.
Joro handled everything like a champ even when learned everything about sun chan. Can't wait to see what else this show has to offer.
Oct 16, 2019 11:20 AM

Nov 2014
I sure disagree with Joro... if anything it's her personality that is great, body is just a bonus! Tho I actually like her more in glasses.

Anyway, that's going pretty fast I think? I was afraid this "drama" will take more time and make it painful to watch. I wonder what will happen now - hopefully it stays light and comedic.
Oct 16, 2019 11:26 AM
Apr 2019
Good episode but in the manga it was much more intense than the anime
Oct 16, 2019 11:30 AM

Oct 2018
Plain Pansy is best Pansy.
If anything the moment she pulls a "I'm actually a beautiful girl with big tits" just made her stock goes down quite a bit.
Oct 16, 2019 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
After this episode, this show has considerably risen in my estimations. The way the drama was handled was excellent and was a real rollercoaster, without even delving into melodramatic territory too much (other than Sun-chan's rapid turn to true assholery); I went from relieved that Joro stood up to himself rather than letting the misunderstandings continue, to annoyed at Pansy seemingly throwing him under the bus and getting him ostracised, to surprised at Sun's turn to pleased with seeing his comeuppance. This could have so, so easily been handled poorly and gone wrong, but the show did a fantastic job of avoiding the potential pitfalls of its own scenario. We even got a little bit of comedy in there with yet another connection to the Baseball tournament in this love polygon.

Only question really is where the show goes next, now that it has seemingly closed out this arc; if nothing else, how much of a role will Himawari and Cosmos play now after seeing all this play out?
Oct 16, 2019 11:35 AM
Tuturuuuuuu

Sep 2016
dispite the OP and ED have already spoiled us about sumireko, I was waiting when she would show her true look....

About the whole espisode was pretty good, dramatic and make me like more and more sumireko and jouro, as a couple as well.

Sumireko is about to get in my fav list, but i'll wait for the end.
Oct 16, 2019 11:38 AM
Sep 2018
The fricking character development in single fucking episode.
They even the showed the girl who met him in the stadium in the same episode
That's what we call a to the point anime
Dayum son
Plot 100
Oct 16, 2019 11:43 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm now that was quite the explosion that Joro experienced. Still he was rather too naive in thinking that things would end up working themselves out as a result. While the price for Joro was steep this sure managed to set the scene for Sumireko's interrogation. Ironic in that Sun's betrayal was due to the very same reason that got Joro into this situation in the first place. Still to think that Sun was such a two faced creep though. The manner of how Sumireko met and fell for Joro though sure was cute. The baseball game really was the catalyst for them all it seems. Kisaragi's lesson to Sun though sure was fun and heartfelt. Taking advantage of others honest feelings towards someone really is low. In the end its nice that Joro's good name was restored all according to Sumireko's plans. Sumireko actually looks pretty when her hair's down and her glasses are off. Though i guess her desire to hide this is because she dislikes the attention she will get. An excellent ep that combined excellent revelations and character expansion with solid comedy.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2019 11:46 AM
Jun 2009
My girl Sumeriko. From her introduction, I thought Joro is dumb to think she is ugly. And now she opened herself up to him with all her beauty. Truly the best girl of this series.
Oct 16, 2019 11:48 AM

Jun 2017
Damnnn, that was amazing. Really looking forward to how Joro will slowly develop his feelings towards Pansy. It's a nice touch that he wasn't bought instantly with looks alone.
Oct 16, 2019 11:50 AM
Aug 2016
This freaking episode got me in tears!

I seriously love this series so much! I was already sold on it with the MC, but now he's becoming my most favorite character in this series. Even though he's a prick on the inside, that doesn't mean his good side has been overthrown. And his relationship with Sun-kun just got more interesting after this episode.

And of course, that ending scene was well-earned. The fan service is actually useful to the plot lol
Oct 16, 2019 11:51 AM

Aug 2018
Kahei_110 said:

Yeah, I noticed, glad someone else did too. This bit of dialogue felt majorly out of place. We've already seen that Sun is an absolute bastard for trying to take revenge on his best friend - so this just seems unnecessary. Unless he really is just that bad, although he makes an apology at the end when he could've just stayed quiet, if he was that true of a cunt.

I hated his character regardless of that line of dialogue, not sure what the author was thinking with it.
Oct 16, 2019 11:54 AM

Jan 2016
Wow Sun is a piece of shit. A major piece of shit.

Also lmfao the transformation wtf. Should've kept her as glasses girl.
Oct 16, 2019 11:58 AM
Jun 2009
Yukikaze_sama said:
I sure disagree with Joro... if anything it's her personality that is great, body is just a bonus! Tho I actually like her more in glasses.

Anyway, that's going pretty fast I think? I was afraid this "drama" will take more time and make it painful to watch. I wonder what will happen now - hopefully it stays light and comedic.
Yukikaze_sama said:

Patsy wearing glasses 4life, desho? lol. I am glad there are people, who has same opinion towards her as myself
Oct 16, 2019 11:59 AM
Jun 2009
Kokosing said:
Plain Pansy is best Pansy.
If anything the moment she pulls a "I'm actually a beautiful girl with big tits" just made her stock goes down quite a bit.

She still can dress like that
Oct 16, 2019 12:03 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Holy shit this episode was definitely the best one, so many plot twists.
Sun-chan is a dumbass after all... and Pansy the best girl by far.
The boobs at the end hahaha, this is epic, I wonder how the story will evolve.
Oct 16, 2019 12:03 PM

Jan 2009
If you like the story, you should consider reading up to chapter 12 of the manga now. It offers several extra insights, and some seriously cute scenes (especially a royally pouting Pansy).
Oct 16, 2019 12:07 PM

Jul 2015
It is so rare to get a good romcom these days... It seems this one will be good.

Oct 16, 2019 12:08 PM

Aug 2018
2 minutes in and I already wanted to murder the 2 girls and their boss : I'm glad my boy Joro put them down for me. He makes a good pair with Shanshokuin, they killed the scumbags trio.

Well, actually I might be harsh with Himawari & Cosmos since they kinda made their redemption and realized they've been manipulated. What a dirty player this Sun-chan, the words of 'best friend' sadly lose their sense sometimes.

Loved this episode, the ending was extremely satisfying.
Oct 16, 2019 12:09 PM

Jul 2014
aqexpredator said:
Kahei_110 said:

Yeah, I noticed, glad someone else did too. This bit of dialogue felt majorly out of place. We've already seen that Sun is an absolute bastard for trying to take revenge on his best friend - so this just seems unnecessary. Unless he really is just that bad, although he makes an apology at the end when he could've just stayed quiet, if he was that true of a cunt.

I hated his character regardless of that line of dialogue, not sure what the author was thinking with it.

It kinda makes sense to me, the reason Sun-chan likes Pansy wasn't because of what he told Joro, Pansy already told Joro this ep that she never encouraged nor told Sun-chan anything like that, he just asked for her name during that time, and we all saw she was in busty form during that time so Sun-chan most likely fell for her because of... well.. her huge assets. At least thats what Pansy implied since after Joro asked her what the real reason for Sun-chan liking her she instantly told him she'd show him why along with her feelings and suddenly started stripping. At least thats what I got from it.
-StrayOct 16, 2019 1:19 PM
Oct 16, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2017
Ok well many where saying it was spoiled in the OP but i unironically skipped it lol

so yeah pretty nice reveal

could be up there for romance of the year but we'll see.
Oct 16, 2019 12:14 PM
Sep 2017
Okay so I was expecting something like this but not to this extent. I mean I had a hunch that Sun was manipulating, I felt it when in the previous episode they misunderstood the pep talk Joro gave to sun while on "the bench". Something seemed off to me and that what happened. So yeah...

The issue got resolved pretty quick though. I am liking the show but now I fear it will again give into the typical harem setting. Afterall Cosmos and Himawari and others at school know everything now. So it kind of was a reset button. The only difference is that Cosmos and Himawari now are aware of Joro's true side. Or maybe they'll think it was farce and that will also get a reset?

Anyway, good drama, Pansy is just the best girl and she is so hot too. Anyway I am hoping I will see some more twists and turns after this too. Hoping for the show to not turn into typical rom-com harem, that's all. CZ I would love to see the dark Joro in action more!

P.S. - Loved the fact that Joro did not fell for her just after the reveal. Respect for Joro.
Jocus_Oct 16, 2019 12:28 PM
Oct 16, 2019 12:19 PM

Feb 2015
Feck me that was spicy!

Great episode, what a suprise that Sun is a massive bellend. Pansy really is best girl of the season. Best tom com I've seen some rascal doesn't dream of bunny girl.

Looking forward to see Joro warm up to Pansy. Hopefully this series will have a conclusion by the end of the season.
Oct 16, 2019 12:20 PM

Jan 2015
Pansy is easily becoming one of my favorite characters ever
Oct 16, 2019 12:25 PM
Mar 2017
I never thought that Sumireko was trying to ruin Joro, after she told Joro to trust her I thought she knew something the rest didn't, Sun was the one who acted weird since he asked Himawari and Cosmos for help and finally after all that crap pile and thanks to the beautiful Sumireko, the scumbag of Sun was exposed.

I must admit that I liked knowing that Sumireko won the confidence of Sun for this bastard to lower his guard, to see how his popular sport boy's facade crumbled was pure gold, although it was disgusting to hear the garbage that Sun talked about Cosmos and Himawari, I don't like them, but they don't deserve the words of Sun.
Listening to why Sumireko loves Joro makes me liked her a lot, especially with the joy with which she tells the story, every word of her showed a lot of love for Joro and her face full of happiness is proof of that.

The triumphant way of how Joro faces Sun was great, seeing the horror face of Sun while the fury that Joro felt was visible on his face was excellent and finally Sun is forced to apologize to both girls and returns as the loser he always was.

When Sumireko and Joro are together they look perfect, I loved that she still tells him that she loves him even though Joro tells her ugly things, but what I like most about Sumireko is that she didn't settle for exposing Sun, she also arranged the things between Joro with Himawari and Cosmos and so the classmates of Joro would stop harassed and humiliated him, this added to the fact that Sun confessed his horrible plan to the rest of the class.

The part where Sumireko revealed her secret was glorious, Joro had no way of knowing that she was the beautiful girl with big breasts he saw that day of the game, Sumireko with her hair down and without her glasses is beautiful (she having big breasts is a plus, Sumireko was already beautiful, but I can't complain). Seeing Sumireko cry of joy when Joro said he would visit her again moved me a lot and that kiss on the cheek she gave Joro was so daring, I laughed a lot about how Joro reacted, I think that Joro will get used to Sumireko's personality, he already loves her physical appearance and what way to end the episode with Sumireko's beautiful smile, protect that smile at all costs.

Anyway, the episode developed very well, the drama was handled masterfully, Sumireko officially got crowned as a best girl after this episode and now we only have to see what will happen with the relationship of Joro and Sumireko and more than anything what will happen now, the OP shows other girls and I want to see what will happen between them and Joro.
Oct 16, 2019 12:31 PM

Jul 2017
Wowwwwwwwwww they really turned down this episode from the original. In the OG, Joro literally got Mahou Shoujo Site levels of bullying. Pansy was also more of a dick as well (she never said anything along the lines of "have faith in me" just reiterated that she was telling the truth). Sun was also more of a dick. Joro was way more of an asshole to Himari and Cosmos. They also omitted some Bunny Girl senpai levels of interactions between Pansy and Joro. And Joro had a more "fuk you" attitude when dealing with Sun

That being said though, I actually prefer it this way. The way Joro was bullied in the source, it was fucking stupid how quickly he was willing to forgive everyone and even stood up for the 2 girls. At least the anime version makes more sense for Joro to be forgiving with that lightweight bullying, and it helps especially with how the series is gonna continue in the next eps

They also forgot to include the next character, maybe in the next ep I guess
Oct 16, 2019 12:42 PM

May 2017
This anime is really repulsive in every way.
    CARP 9/12/18 Eterno
Oct 16, 2019 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
homeboy almost had it in the palm of his hands when he snapped...at least Pansy bailed him out in the end

but yea....Pansy definitely wins for me....for now
Oct 16, 2019 12:54 PM
Feb 2018
Things worked out very easy. I Expected more plot twists and depression. Maybe in next episode.
Oct 16, 2019 1:02 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, intense episode, the things escalated really quick!

Didn't expect to see Joro spur everything he things about Cosmos and Himawara, it was an awesome moment!

So Sumireko was a step ahead of everyone she saw through everyone! She managed to look like she was against Joror aswell to get Sun-chan unguarded, arranjing a encounter to unmask Sun chan while Joro, and even Comos and Himawari were there to clear Joro's name! Sumireko is Best Girl, but easy!

Since they both were there, they realized when joro confronted Sun chan, that he wasn't a bad friend, and Sun chan managed to be trash and scumbag there!

Seems everyone felt in love in that baseball match, how hilarious!

Sumireko vonfessing to him is always awesome, she revealed her true fisical image, and Joro recognized her, and she is a beauty, damn!
Oct 16, 2019 1:03 PM
Nov 2017
actually I didn't even want to start this show but I'm all fired up now
Oct 16, 2019 1:06 PM

Apr 2015
After Sakuta from Bunny Gril Senpai in 2018, Joro is definitely my favorite MC when it comes to romance Anime in 2019. The way Joro talked back to Sun and the 2 girls in the beginning was brilliant, I loved that. His true personality is what truly makes him awesome.

To think that Sun was actually the biggest asshole of them all. Setting that all up just to get revenge on Joro. That moment when Sun was possibly about to rape Pansy, why?? Sun is the biggest scumbag in this anime. Glad that Joro was there as well in the Library.

Pansy just seemed to be one step ahead of everything. So well executed. Making Joro believe that she was actually against him to actually save his ass from the trap Sun had set up. This girl is smart!

That reveal, despite it being spoiled a little in the OP/ED, was so nice. Pansy/Sumeriko is waifu of the season! Also the way she's hiding those boobs in her school uniform before is actually ridiculous, but I ain't complaining. The kiss was a surprise though, she's very serious, after all she didn't mind to show off her stack to remind Joro that he had already seen that side of her.

Just a wonderful episode overall!

-Stray said:

EDIT:
They changed the poster of the official site.

So from now on, we probably won't see the glasses Pansy again (unless she wants to still hide it from the rest of the school). Which I am glad for. She is just gorgeous without those glasses!
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

124 by Lniir »»
Sep 2, 4:53 PM

» Ore wo suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo season 2 release date?

bschath - Sep 9, 2020

8 by lvphatll »»
Jul 26, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

235 by warprince_here »»
Jun 13, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2019

111 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 28, 7:09 PM

Poll: » Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Sep 28, 2019

260 by ShoozieChicken »»
Apr 22, 9:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.