3It was OK
9.0%
2Disliked it
4.1%
1Hated it
8.1%
Average 4.2
222 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2019 3:18 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Acnologia taking on all these dragon slayers at once...damn.

I'd never thought I'd see the day to see Cobra fighting alongside Laxus. Rest of the Fairy Tail are doing their jobs too. I guess this episode was trying to go for a big climax-like moment for this arc. Kinda working in a way.

Just one more episode left.
Sep 21, 2019 4:16 PM
Sep 2019
Last episode is going to be seriously rushed
Sep 21, 2019 4:38 PM

Nov 2016
Pretty nice episode with the "Genkidama". They even added the anime original characters and the Spriggan.

But I would've prefered it if they beat Acnologia in this episode to leave more time for the epilogue. Too bad.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 21, 2019 4:45 PM

Jul 2017
The power scaling in this series...

Probably the most Fairy Tail episode in Fairy Tail.

Looks like they've finally gathered enough magic for the Spirit Bomb Fairy Sphere.

Sep 21, 2019 5:07 PM

May 2013
So "Doctor" took Acnologia's name because he forgot his own name uh.
What an airhead, so cute. *giggles*

(wtf)

I think we saw all characters from all arcs including fillers in this episode, in less than two minutes, nostalgia time!

Well now.

Let's get ready for The Last One.
Sep 21, 2019 5:08 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, this was really awesome.
Sep 21, 2019 5:29 PM

Apr 2014
ep was actually really good especially compared to the past few eps

hoping the final ep to be good as well
"one step at a time"
Sep 21, 2019 5:58 PM

Feb 2016
Acnologia has such a shitty backstory/motivation, I hope that there is at least an answer for why the dragons wrecked his town and how the hell he got Dragon Slayer magic in the first place.

So The Spirit of Bomb of Cringe was successful, assuming unicorn-fart-powered Natsu kills Acnologia's spirit or mind or whatever -I wonder if he's body will also die or will it just be released in a few decades.
Sep 21, 2019 6:16 PM

Oct 2015
Meldy really came through for them! This kinda reminded me of Dragonball z, where Goku had to combine everyone's powers to create the spirit bomb.

Acnologia has no chance on both worlds. Cannot believe next week the curtain is closing for this series, really feeling down as my Saturdays won't be the same or my life!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 21, 2019 6:20 PM

Aug 2018
​honestly speaking this episode was good af
im reminiscing the 1st season by watching this ep back when FT episodes were so pure and memorable. 

Meredy was the real mvp in this ep lol
Without her link power the fairy sphere will fail and they will not sealed acnologia's dragon form.I didnt expect that shes the one who gonna save them.

But im still curious why acnologia destroyed doctors town
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Sep 21, 2019 6:32 PM

Jan 2009
you become what you hate - Acnologia basically

he hates evil dragons so much he become an evil dragon lol

and nice the spirit bomb i mean the Fairy Sphere works!

Sep 21, 2019 7:31 PM

Jul 2017
I don't care what happens in the last episode, at this point they are just pushing nostalgia. I'm going to miss Fairy Tail.
Sep 21, 2019 8:39 PM

Dec 2016
Great episode 5/5
I was so happy to see Cobra,Laxus and other fighting together😎👍

Erza got some big moment this episode I love her she just badass
Sep 21, 2019 8:41 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Clickbait said:
I don't care what happens in the last episode, at this point they are just pushing nostalgia. I'm going to miss Fairy Tail.
Same bro.

Fuck me mate, can't believe that my favorite show is ending in a week. So long Fairy tail, been fun 10 or so years. Probably the first anime that I really loved. Such a pity that the show went downhill after Grand Magic Games arc.

4/5 for the episode.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Sep 21, 2019 8:56 PM

Nov 2012
Why do I feel like crying? Loved how they showed old characters like the "Jesua Jesua" guys.

My only complaint is not defeating Acnologia and getting that out of the way for the finale.
Sep 21, 2019 9:39 PM

Feb 2014
All those bonds they made upto this point has been woven as one to seal Acnologia once and for all. Last episode next week. One of my first anime is gonna end.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Sep 21, 2019 9:58 PM
Sep 2019
Erza knocked down Acnologia let's that just sink in...

I am Erza's big fan when this happened I almost fainted lol
Sep 21, 2019 10:28 PM

Mar 2018
Yo this was epic

I mean yees both sides are really "fairy tail like" with all the bondings and friendship and sharing magic power and stuff
But this was just epic. Acnologia's backstory was also explained further. Maybe we'll get a last bit in the last ep

I love how Natsu just feels for Acnologia instead of being fired up because he can fight.
Was also pretty fairy tail like that they now have this "wow with this we might be able to win" on the dragon slayer side and Acnologia going "now I'm serious".

Seeing everybody ever brought up in this series? I didn't even remember half of them I think lmao. But that sure gave me goose bumps with the OST

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 21, 2019 10:39 PM
Dec 2015
KR_P said:
Acnologia has such a shitty backstory/motivation, I hope that there is at least an answer for why the dragons wrecked his town and how the hell he got Dragon Slayer magic in the first place.

So The Spirit of Bomb of Cringe was successful, assuming unicorn-fart-powered Natsu kills Acnologia's spirit or mind or whatever -I wonder if he's body will also die or will it just be released in a few decades.

the real problem is why they start illing humen

not how he got dragon slyaer
becouse we know ther are ppl who is it already so he just found someone
Sep 21, 2019 11:16 PM

Jun 2019
Great Episode, Everything was at the point at what it should be. The enthusiasm of the last episode is killing me. I don't know but these last few episodes are really getting on my nerve and I'm lovin' it.
Sep 21, 2019 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
cchigu said:
Clickbait said:
Same bro.

Fuck me mate, can't believe that my favorite show is ending in a week. So long Fairy tail, been fun 10 or so years. Probably the first anime that I really loved. Such a pity that the show went downhill after Grand Magic Games arc.

4/5 for the episode.

I recommend the sequel manga after the final season ends
it's good
Sep 21, 2019 11:34 PM
Jul 2018
Awesome episode! can't wait for the rest of it
Sep 21, 2019 11:36 PM
Jul 2018
LossomoFilms said:
Erza knocked down Acnologia let's that just sink in...

I am Erza's big fan when this happened I almost fainted lol

The Anime I think cut out Erza used real swords not magical ones
in the manga she said that
Sep 22, 2019 12:10 AM

Oct 2015
Acnologia's backstory is still as horrible as in the manga. Basically nonexistent, unless you consider going on a murderous rampage and randomly becoming a dragon a backstory.

I thought we would get an entire episode for the epilogue, but apparently no.
Sep 22, 2019 1:02 AM

May 2012
A decade since FT aired and it's about to come to an end unless they animate the side-story mangas or the next-gen. One ep left indeed.
This arc is indeed kinda rushed, Acnologia's backstory do need some work, it lacks depth and I think it should be at least hinted all the way back in Tenrou Island arc. It felt more like an afterthought. Other than that, this is one of the best episodes.

Sep 22, 2019 1:11 AM

Oct 2017
The fight was amazing. All the dragon slayers vs Acnologia fight gave me chills. Also on top of that the feels from this episode was just so great. This is fairy tail alright, the feels r always great. With this just one more episode to go.
Sep 22, 2019 1:58 AM

Dec 2015
This episode was so wasted. Next episode is going to be so rushed...*sigh* such a terrible season to end the series.
Sep 22, 2019 3:30 AM

Jan 2016
As much as I detest the last season/arc of Fairy Tail, as soon as all of those OSTs hit in this episode, the part of my heart that fell in love with Fairy Tail years ago came back.

Nothing good but it was still beautiful somehow.
Sep 22, 2019 5:21 AM

Apr 2013
Hm Acnologia's backstory is still lacking somehow, how did he get the power to make dragons bleed in the end? He suddenly was able to defeat all of them for no reason. Soundtrack is still the thing that keeps me entertained, the end will indeed be quite rushed next episode.
Sep 22, 2019 5:26 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode I guess. I was hoping there would be more to Acnologia's backstory.

One more episode to go.

Sep 22, 2019 10:11 AM

Jul 2013
Welp, despite in general lines thinking that this arc is pretty bad, I admit that the moment when they showed all the characters from the series that were alive and not in Magnolia (even the ones from the fillers) giving the magic power to form the Fairy Sphere Genkidama style, I felt a huge dose of nostalgia that made me love the scene way more than in the source material, and reminded me of the days when the manga was actually fun to follow.

About Acnologia's backstory, I think that, in general, the idea of the backstory is nice. The story of an once good hearted individual that lost himself/herself in the flames of revenge after a tragic event and ends being as bad or worse than the ones who caused his/her misery is always an interesting tale.
I think the main problems lies in:
1) The fact that Acnologia has been portrayed as an insane bastard that wants to destroy everything because he can, making hard to empathize with him just because he had a sad past. Though at this respect, at the end, the episode seemed to imply that Acnologia actually went insane the more powerful he became (Natsu's words towards the end also hint it), so that may be the reason why he became like that.
2) It feels way too rushed. Like, I think Acnologia's past could had been shown in more than just two episodes, even in an small arc like what Mashima did with Mavis and FT0, considering he is one of the two main antagonists of the series and personally killed Igneel in front of Natsu.

Lastly, I have been following this series for 8 years (counting the anime too). It will be sad seeing it ending again after all that time. My only hope is for the anime to give it a satisfying end, even if the one of the manga was... meh, to say the least.
Sep 22, 2019 11:06 AM

Apr 2011
My favorite parts are the last few minutes of the episode. It somehow reminded of the old FT.

4/5

Sep 22, 2019 11:28 AM

May 2015
Ahhh yes. Good old spirit bom....i mean fairy sphere.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 22, 2019 12:40 PM
Mar 2015
The original dragon slayer became the monster he hated. Fairy Sphere required all the continents magic The spirit Acnologia has now gone beserk He really is the last dragon and he should kill himself
Sep 22, 2019 1:07 PM

Apr 2009
KR_P said:

The original Acnologia had set off to the western continent to learn about dragonslaying magic, and based on his missing eye it seems he learned about it up close and personal. We probably won't get a real explanation, so my takeaway is the destructive power and dead dragons he saw from the dragonslaying magic made him hate humanity and committed to their destruction to preserve his species. Before he went west he had talked about standing against the danger united with humanity, but once he actually faced it he gave in to darker impulses.

Yet by abandoning coexistence and going down this path, he only hastened the end of dragons by creating their greatest enemy the Dragonslayer Acnologia and contributed to a cycle of death, destruction, and vengeance.

Although I still generally find anime villains whose motivation is just the destruction of everything to be anticlimactic and boring and this isn't any different. I've never been interested in Acnologia since his introduction and I guess I never will be. It just feels so odd to me. We had a villain with a great motivation and long history with Fairy Tail. Zeref was a big enough threat and had enough emotional resonance, so Acnologia feels completely unnecessary.

Oh well, all that said this episode was pretty awesome. A lot of that is Yasuharu Takanashi's soundtrack. Natsu reading the phone book while "Three Dragon Slayer" plays would fire me up, so having anything remotely cool happen on screen with it always feels epic. It was also really heartwarming to have so many old and familiar faces outside of the guild show up to contribute to the spell.
Sep 22, 2019 1:15 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was awesome, I’ve really like how they’ve set it, also the use of OST was good. It’s sad the next week episode will be the last.
Sep 22, 2019 1:43 PM

Dec 2018
Pretty awesome episode. At times, Fairy Tail doesn't have very well done story or characters or art or voice acting, but I still love it. There's only one more episode left of a series I've been watching for almost three years. I'm hoping that it will be good.
Sep 22, 2019 2:22 PM

Jun 2015
I really thought atleast that fucker invel with all his talk abt loyalty to the emperor would lend his power to do the one thing his emperor wanted, kill acnologia.

Only the turncoat brandish lent her power for the fairyshpere, not a single one of those other 12 did, and while she just stood there, it was great to see that doctor from the filler arc from season 1 show up.

incase you didnt know, only ppl who were emanating that golden glow we giving their power those who didnt, didnt.
Sep 22, 2019 3:02 PM

Apr 2015
This was a pretty great episode, was really nice to see all the characters, from friends to enemies in the past, they were all there, including anime original characters. So much nostalgia.

I felt that the animation was atleast a bit better this episode than it has been through the whole final series so far...

One episode left, I am gonna miss having Fairy Tail around when it's done next week.
Sep 22, 2019 6:08 PM

Oct 2016
It seems this app ate my reply. Let's try again.

Natsu finally unlocks the lesser rainbow body, taken from an old Tibetan religion knows as Bon, a precursor to modern buddhism but quite different since the latter's ultimate goal is self-annihilation (Nirvana) while the former's ultimate goal is apotheosis (with the greater rainbow body). Regardless of religious inspiration, Natsu is ready to rainbow-punch the dragon-murderer king, which will probably end him. Classic FT style and we don't need any evil entity to set the world on fire (see Luke and Revelation lol).

Meanwhile, Fairy Sphere hits again, this time with continental power. I guess that's why Meldy exists in the first place.

I hope the epilogue won't be rushed and that we won't have to wait 2+ years for the next arc (100 years quest). FT deserves much better than rushed finales and long waits.
Sep 22, 2019 6:22 PM
Dec 2008
Should've seen the Spirit Bomb* coming. Good to see some the arc-exclusive character again.
Sep 22, 2019 7:18 PM

Feb 2016
Teufel said:
KR_P said:

The original Acnologia had set off to the western continent to learn about dragonslaying magic, and based on his missing eye it seems he learned about it up close and personal. We probably won't get a real explanation, so my takeaway is the destructive power and dead dragons he saw from the dragonslaying magic made him hate humanity and committed to their destruction to preserve his species. Before he went west he had talked about standing against the danger united with humanity, but once he actually faced it he gave in to darker impulses.

Yet by abandoning coexistence and going down this path, he only hastened the end of dragons by creating their greatest enemy the Dragonslayer Acnologia and contributed to a cycle of death, destruction, and vengeance.

Although I still generally find anime villains whose motivation is just the destruction of everything to be anticlimactic and boring and this isn't any different. I've never been interested in Acnologia since his introduction and I guess I never will be. It just feels so odd to me. We had a villain with a great motivation and long history with Fairy Tail. Zeref was a big enough threat and had enough emotional resonance, so Acnologia feels completely unnecessary.

Oh well, all that said this episode was pretty awesome. A lot of that is Yasuharu Takanashi's soundtrack. Natsu reading the phone book while "Three Dragon Slayer" plays would fire me up, so having anything remotely cool happen on screen with it always feels epic. It was also really heartwarming to have so many old and familiar faces outside of the guild show up to contribute to the spell.

My biggest takeaway from Fairy Tail is definitely the music, it's probably the main thing that initially drew me in.
I liked Acnologia better when he was the mysterious death dragon that almost killed Gildarts and even that scene in the movie where he apologized to Sonya was interesting (now disappointing) as it hinted at a more complex motivation.
I think having a mysterious character with no backstory or motivation is better than having a character with a terrible or half baked one.
When Acnologia was introduce and built up -I had thought that slaying Acnologia would have been a personal thing that Natsu did (alone or maybe just Happy) to close up 'his' Dragonslayer and 'finding/avenging Igneel' arcs, and that Zeref would have been the nakama/guild battle.
Both Zeref and Acnologia became 'world' problems/fights, rather than personal/intimate affairs for Fairytail and Natsu.
KR_PSep 22, 2019 7:23 PM
Sep 22, 2019 10:16 PM
Jul 2018
KR_P said:
Teufel said:

My biggest takeaway from Fairy Tail is definitely the music, it's probably the main thing that initially drew me in.
I liked Acnologia better when he was the mysterious death dragon that almost killed Gildarts and even that scene in the movie where he apologized to Sonya was interesting (now disappointing) as it hinted at a more complex motivation.
I think having a mysterious character with no backstory or motivation is better than having a character with a terrible or half baked one.
When Acnologia was introduce and built up -I had thought that slaying Acnologia would have been a personal thing that Natsu did (alone or maybe just Happy) to close up 'his' Dragonslayer and 'finding/avenging Igneel' arcs, and that Zeref would have been the nakama/guild battle.
Both Zeref and Acnologia became 'world' problems/fights, rather than personal/intimate affairs for Fairytail and Natsu.

1000% true but Natsu did get flashback of Acno and Igneel when he saw Acnologia two weeks ago Natsu became angry the time the other 6 dragon slayers was captured
Sep 23, 2019 12:52 PM

Mar 2017
That scene with every wizard joining together with Fairy Tail to create Fairy Sphere was so amazing... so much nostalgia.

The Dragon Slayers combined magic is so cool too... the action in this episode made up for the sloppy plot
Sep 23, 2019 6:04 PM

May 2014
Cool to see everyone we have seen throughout the series, both fillers and canon. Fairy sphere is working as expected. Natsu got a funny and very colorful fire. That was at least worth the watch, if nonetheless. The animation was not good, I agree on that, but at least we saw some cool visual effects. Beside the plot, the animation in this season have really been one of the biggest cons. At least it end with an happy ending, something we all predicted. ^^

Only 1 ep. left, huh. This have been an amazing journey, not the best quality journey, but still a journey full of joy. Watching this since 2012, so that makes it 7th year adventure. A bit glad/sad at the same time to see it end.
mangalicker94Sep 23, 2019 6:52 PM
Sep 23, 2019 11:44 PM

Feb 2016
Boooooooringggggggg. Gonna miss the op and ed tho
Sep 25, 2019 5:56 AM

Sep 2013
How are they going to adapt the remaining final chapters into one episode? The pacing has got to be god awful for them to mess up this badly. How has this "fight" not concluded yet meanwhile the final chapter was literally doubled its usual length? I thought the ending in the manga felt a bit rushed but this is taking it next level lol damn
Sep 26, 2019 5:04 PM

Jul 2012
This episode was okay, besides all the stuff that led to it (and Acnologia's character still is as bland and poorly written as one could get with a final villain).

Really makes wonder how the hell are they going to handle the last one, however.

I was really expecting them to give us a far better expanded epilogue at the very least (and yes, I'm fairly aware and up-to-date with the sequel, doesn't make the ending we got any less frustrating to read-through back when it came out). And alas, we are not even gettting a full episode for it, and it's lengthier and packed with text.
Sep 27, 2019 8:05 AM

Apr 2015
I'm very hyped and exicted for the last episode
Sep 27, 2019 4:32 PM

Jan 2017
Holding hands, seems a bit gay to me... seriously though, the representation with the rainbow fire. Good stuff. Dead story.
Aconologia is just power hungry
-aigh imma head out
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

209 by 1spartan106 »»
Oct 4, 5:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 44 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2019

47 by 1spartan106 »»
Oct 4, 5:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 42 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 27, 2019

65 by 1spartan106 »»
Oct 4, 4:43 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

78 by 1spartan106 »»
Oct 4, 2:29 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 36 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

47 by 1spartan106 »»
Oct 4, 2:05 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.