Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Feb 29, 2012 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
Haha great first episode! I also love the new ED, much better than the first one. >:/
May 17, 2012 12:33 PM

Mar 2012
Holo is too adorable, especially when she's drunk. Great first episode! I'm with the majority on the opening for this season. Doesn't hold a candle to Tabi no Tochuu. The ending is nice though.
Aug 2, 2012 10:29 PM

Jun 2012
OP and ED were fantastic, i actually liked this episode. Holo is just too much cuteness.

Oh yea kind of bummed that nora wont be in this season, why did they take her out?
ShuhanAug 2, 2012 10:54 PM
Aug 25, 2012 8:31 PM

Nov 2011
Yayyyy, more Holo!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Sep 28, 2012 5:44 AM

May 2012
Nice start of this second season of Spice and Wolf, it was quite interesting this first episode but like with the first season the first one was quite a in roller and doesn't hold much interest though that will surely change in the coming 11 episodes!

Let's see what will happen on their journey!
Jan 26, 2013 5:45 PM

May 2012
oh man horo is just cute :3
May 5, 2013 1:47 AM

Jan 2013
Looking forward to more romantic progress.
May 14, 2013 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
Granted I haven't watched too many anime (yet, at least lol), but this is one of the best pairings I've seen. I love watching Lawrence and Holo get closer. Their teasing is just so fun to watch and when things get serious, their love for each other really permeates.

We're introduced into some mystery regarding Holo's hometown this season. Lawrence knows something that he hasn't told Holo about. Also, this new character from Lawrence's guild has a major crush on her...let's see how Lawrence reacts!
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
May 14, 2013 5:12 PM

Apr 2013
Well it is a good start for this season. And Lawrence as usual knows how to make a good deal. I like the way Horo seduced the kid with her beauty. Cant wait to see more teasing between Lawrence and Horo.

And the part when Horo had a hangover was funny.

Jan 10, 2014 3:23 PM

Aug 2013
Awwwnnn, that ending :(
It really hitted her hard what he said. He didn't mean it, but it was badly timed.

Hangover Holo is pretty much like me after a big night xD

It look like there's a young boy who have fallen in love with her :P
He look like the guy we see on the boat in the OP.

About the OP, the art is good, but there's something about the song that his annoying me. The singer voice is really too low, I can't hear what she's saying.
The ED is really good. Look like the last ED, but it was so cute so I don't care :3
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 26, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2012
I loved it! Both OP and ED are pretty good too. Totally loved all the expressions that Holo made. Cute, funny and adorable~

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Mar 21, 2014 4:15 AM

Dec 2012
Really solid first episode. The adventure continues and I'm loving the interactions between Holo and Lawrence more and more. I enjoyed the first season, but I'm glad i put this sequel off until now because I feel like I'm appreciating it leagues more. Good to see them start off with some bartering. Drunk Holo is hilarious, especially that hangover face she had.

The ending was a bitter reminder that Lawrence and Holo live in two separate realities and that one day they'll have to say goodbye, whether it's because of the journey ending or Lawrence's mortality.
Jul 19, 2014 8:55 PM

Apr 2014
Wow. Feels like the flirting went up by the power of five from last season.

Or maybe I'm just less distracted 'cause I'm watching this alone and not with family (as we whisper currency to one another in reverent tones).

Feel like I missed something vital when Holo and... Shepherdess discussed sheep then laughed among themselves. Hello, I am Lawrence II??

Never mind. This is listed as ep. 1 by FUNi but, in truth, the OVA. (ー_ー);;

Edit: Okay, now that I've actually watched it, the flirting has still grown in intensity. And the character interactions are perhaps even deeper.

Mr. Blond Merchant is quite a darling, too! Indeed, my child! Holo is the font of all good ドキドキ dreams. ♡
currycurryJul 19, 2014 11:39 PM
Sep 6, 2014 12:08 AM

May 2014
This show is f**king Awesome!!!! Holo is one of my favorite characters in anime ever!
Nov 25, 2014 10:07 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, who am I kidding? I love this show. Took a week off after the last season and I'm glad to be watching more.

Holo and Lawrence are still fun to watch. The witty dialogue, the romantic tension, the impending separation point. This is good stuff. I'm hoping to see a bit more plot progression this season. (If we don't get a conclusion, I dare say this is one situation where I'm likely to force myself to read the source material.)

Great first episode.
Dec 1, 2014 9:28 PM

Sep 2014
Nothing changed so far.. The interactions are still fun and the atmosphere is the same.. Just the way I like it! Well there is change like the animation (which is better IMO) and new characters but overall it's still the good ol' Spice and Wolf~ I hope they'll keep this up 'til the end!

Really looking forward to this season as much (maybe even more) as last season!
More Holo is never a bad thing~
Jan 14, 2015 7:37 PM

Nov 2011
I feel bad for Horo..
I can't believe Lawrence said that, did he really doesn't have the feeling for Horo ? Yeah I know he is a logical man.. but..
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 14, 2015 9:36 PM

Mar 2012
Seems like Holo's hometown might not exist anymore : /
May 3, 2015 7:04 AM
Nov 2014
First season OP and ED was some of the best ops and eds ever, so I didn't expect them to be bettered by the new ones.

Overall a good episode, dat development between Lawrence and Horo though.
May 8, 2015 6:24 AM

Feb 2013
Great episode to start off the new season. The interactions between Lawrence and Holo continue to be amazing. Not to mention Holo continues to be the best anime character ever, shes cute even while drunk =p. Though I have to say Lawrence really messed up at the end there, even if he didn't mean it, asking her something like that was rather dumb on his part :/.

Also it seems like the flashback Lawrence had is implying something bad may have happened to the north. They mentioned a canceled military campaign as well, so maybe a war? Either way its not looking like good news for poor Holo :(.
Oct 14, 2015 4:32 PM

May 2015
Yup. This is the problem I noticed since episode 1. She's immortal or at least has a very long lifespan. They can't be together so long as she's like that. She'd need to become a human.
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Aug 2, 2016 2:12 AM

Jul 2013
What a great start. Missed this so much even though it's only been a few days since I finished the first season.

Holo is such a tease <3 I just can't help but love the chemistry between her and Lawrence. They're so perfect together. Loved the OP. I like it just as much as the first but first for different reasons.
May 18, 2017 2:31 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I would say that reading these events in the LN provided more context and understanding to everything, but the anime excells at animating Holo, her whole expressions and teasings are soo cute and full of charm on the anime!!

Nice first episode, OP was interesting and a cute ED.
Feb 9, 2019 4:30 PM

Nov 2016
Still has the same charm as the first season, so far so good, but I hope this season will give a bit more romantic development and maybe even conclusion.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 6, 2019 12:10 AM

Sep 2012
Surana said:
Yup. This is the problem I noticed since episode 1. She's immortal or at least has a very long lifespan. They can't be together so long as she's like that. She'd need to become a human.

to bad she can't turn him like werewolves

Oct 4, 2019 11:33 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty much a continuation from the first season, see no change in anything whatsoever. Which means it's still okay.
Dec 4, 2019 5:18 PM
Apr 2016
I don't want her leaving, she should just stay with him forever.
Nov 3, 2020 1:16 PM

Aug 2018
The animation quality is an upgrade but the op isn't as good
_______I like rocks__
Jan 24, 2021 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
Solid enough first episode, although I really miss the first opening song compared to the new one. It was a decent transition towards the new arc as they encounter Amarti, who is a young and seemingly successful merchant who immediately falls for Holo and allows Lawrence and her in with ease through connections with the Rowen Trading Guild which both he and Lawrence are a part of. Also more questions this episode focused on Holo's village from the past, Yoitsu, and him thinking about how to get there and even with a lack of tact, suggesting accidentally if she could go on her own after reaching a certain town near Yoitsu. Seems already like a little more of a dramatic tone for this season is taking place compared to the first one.
Feb 27, 2022 10:47 PM
Jun 2021
Honestly I liked how Season 2 is debuting itself thus far, and it's even improved from Season 1.
Apr 26, 2023 11:00 AM
Aug 2021
slow, but beautiful c': ,, a little questionable, ut thats aside the point
Aug 26, 2023 4:55 PM
Aug 2022
Very interesting episode, time in the world is not eternal, they both realise this
Sep 12, 2023 8:51 PM

Dec 2022
Holo was even cuter than usual in this episode. There was still a bit of a bleak ending to it, with Holo's latent apprehension over loneliness being brought out again. I don't think there'll ever be a jubilant mood when Lawrence talks about leaving Holo on her own or parting ways.

Shaded Horizon

Oct 31, 2023 1:11 AM

Oct 2020
I know the first and second season are listed as being released a year apart from one another but the visuals this season seem so much more modern and crisp, dang. Everything feels so much more cinematic too, haha

Anyway, Holo is still mildly annoying but at least she acknowledged her self-centeredness a little this episode
tiaamyomOct 31, 2023 3:25 AM
Apr 8, 5:54 PM

Jul 2023
not a good start. It was boring to what I read to be a weaker season.

Also, not a good premonition about Yoitsu.
patkarununganApr 12, 1:29 AM
Apr 23, 3:17 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Not as good of an OP (first one was REALLY good), but a better ED (much better than "seeds to plant inside of me" LOL)

Also couldn't find anything other than a low-resolution version for the first season, but this one is good as well as a newer, more clean (I'm assuming, because again, watched the first season in a kind of blurry quality) art style.

Holo continues to be one of the top 3 best anime waifus OF ALL TIME.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HikaruKaneko - Jul 23, 2009

256 by MR-GRAYv2 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

211 by Ryudrake »»
May 4, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

446 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:41 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Sep 16, 2009

133 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mikiyo - Sep 10, 2009

109 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 27, 1:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.