Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
Koshitan...is rather elated being the president of the Deer Club and its clubhouse, though the place...becomes a total wreck from her utopia to a darkness utopia. And this is not Nokotan's fault, as she came to the clubhouse already into a wreck. The culprit in question...is someone who throws Shinobi kunais, and lures Nokotan because of the deer crackers, it's Koshitan's yandere of a siscon that is her younger sister Anko (which also means red bean), who fears that Nokotan has took away her virginity...a friendship one at that.

And how to settle this fair and square affair? Between the deportation to Nara Park and the endless deer crackers on crack, even with the Ukai-sensei hosting as the advisor of the Deer Club, the pop quiz battle begins...violating all of Koshitan's privacy to no end, it's just hilarious. Anko knows as much, but Nokotan's Matrix reference of the Shika Shika Network shows that she's still at least this competent. But a slip of Anko's hand throwing a kunai knife at Kosihitan, Nokotan protects her like a fiend, being transported to Deer Heaven in "Nearer My God to Thee" music and got MOFO-kicked out like it's nothing. It's thanks to the deer crackers that protected her.

In the end, Anko managed to amend with Nokotan, which is probably for the best. Welcome Anko to the group!
KANLen09Jul 17, 6:33 AM
Jul 10, 7:58 AM

Dec 2021
It was only a matter of time before a siscon appeared.

Anko is someone straight out of Prison School I swear lol. First thing she thinks Nokotan did with Koshitan was take her virginity... LMAO. Really wasn't expecting a psychotic sis-con to join the party, but if we have a deer in here we can have anyone lol. And when I say psychotic, is she the literal definition of psychotic. LIKE SHE PULLED OUT A LITERAL KUNAI ON HER OWN SISTER LOL.

Poor Koshitan over here was being exposed by her own sister. I think this is proof enough for your classmates that your not a yankee-no-neesan. Also love how they both had hella points in the end lol. Nokotan might just be able to solo Goku thanks to this episode. I mean the girl has great reflexes AND x-ray vision. Entire scene where she was going to the heavens but was rejected... lol.

This has gone full girl's love at this point lol. Oh to be Koshitan.

Jul 10, 11:17 AM
Dec 2022
Where are y'all watching this let me hop on it too
Jul 10, 11:18 AM
May 2022
The early streaming in Japan is inconvenient for everyone outside of Japan because Crunchyroll’s schedule is messed up because of it as they started with the TV broadcast and now tracking apps like MAL are piling on the pressure.
Jul 10, 12:58 PM

Oct 2019
Reply to Gyom3i
Gyom3i said:

these cringelords watch raws so that they can create early discussions and comment on threads as soon possible
Jul 10, 1:26 PM
May 2022
Doesn't this come out on Sunday? It's still Wednesday. What's going on?
Jul 10, 1:27 PM

Oct 2011
ABEMA TV early screening of episode 2.
Jul 10, 1:28 PM

Oct 2011
Dan_ALves said:

ABEMA TV in Japan shows the episode earlier before the TV broadcast on Sunday
Jul 10, 1:54 PM
May 2023
Dan_ALves said:

You said Sunday? I have to wait 4 more whole days? Waiting for an anime episode has never felt like such an eternity.

Edit: Nm, I have RAWs as an option if I can't wait

Edit 2: Fansubs available 3 days before official sub release
PMayberryJul 11, 1:46 PM
Jul 10, 2:35 PM
May 2022
Reply to AnimeFan500
Dan_ALves said:

ABEMA TV in Japan shows the episode earlier before the TV broadcast on Sunday
@AnimeFan500 Understood. Still, pretty annoying that some people can watch it 4 days ahead of schedule.
Jul 10, 2:42 PM

Apr 2012
I remind everyone that although this manga itself is not yuri, the author has a very long career in the yuri category, so all such gags and tropes are completely self-aware. Although, to be honest, I still don’t understand that they linked the local token yuri girl character to her own sister.
Jul 10, 10:30 PM

May 2019
At this point, I'll probably just be the one to record the eye catches for each episode since they're just so weird and out of place aside from the 3D しか. For this week's episode, we have these:

Pre-CM:
Post-CM:

Some other details I've noticed with this episode is how they framed the mini competition between Anko and Nokotan like a Kiki episode from ガキの使い—I mean, they even got the color scheme for the yellow banner really close. I've also continually liked the various fourth-wall breaks between Torako and the narrator as well as Torako holding scenes from the episode around the 04:43 timestamp, similar to how Patrick was holding the different time cards in Spongebob. Honestly, there are too many things that happened this episode that are discussion-worthy, so much so that this post could probably turn into a whole essay; bear that in mind as we're only on episode 2, so we've only just scratched the surface.

Although the hodgepodge of absurd humor may turn off some after the large hype the marketing for this anime got, in my opinion, I'm still sticking around since I'll watch anything that is decently humorous, even if the premise is a bit dumb. Just following the weird situations Torako gets herself into, especially when she's set as the only character that notices anything abnormal since Nokotan's debut, are entertaining in their own right.

NekOniiChanJul 10, 11:02 PM
Jul 10, 10:38 PM

Jul 2023
they really used matrix reference lol also AOT

Jul 11, 12:25 AM
Sep 2021
I just can't find this show funny. Didn't laugh, chuckle, or smile at either of the first 2 episodes. It just feels like its trying too hard. And the comedic element of the half deer character really just doesn't hit me. Nothing she does is funny. Just stupid to be stupid is all I see it.

I've watched alot of comedy anime and this just ain't it for me. Dropping it.
Jul 11, 3:30 AM

Nov 2013
DEER GOD, what did we just see?
Jul 11, 3:37 AM

Mar 2022
Anko VA had a FIELD DAY in this ep. 10/10 voice acting.

Shinobi siskon lol... Deer god loool...

I also appreciate the fact that there are deer in almost every wide shoot somewhere. It's hilarious.
Jul 11, 3:49 AM

Sep 2018
Damn, I really wanted it to be my AOTS but this episode is worse than the first and that's not a good sign. Mainly because Anko was so annoying, which means I can still hope the next episodes will be better as long as they won't be focused on her.

I don't even care that it isn't funny; as a matter of fact, the most common complaint I see is like: "Shikanoko is unfunny, [insert highly acclaimed comedy anime I didn't find funny in the slightest] is much better!". I don't expect to laugh when I watch a comedy anime, I just want to enjoy it as a slice of life with quirky characters: Nokotan is carrying the whole show, Torako is a fine sidekick, Anko is awful. We'll see.
Jul 11, 6:04 AM
Oct 2022
Well at least the subs are better. Though they did take a hit when Anko showed up...

P.S.: Really wish we could confirm whether she was wearing a bra or not. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 11, 6:52 AM

Aug 2022
The whole episode I was just thinking "What the fuck am I watching?"
UnknownGhost5Jul 11, 6:57 AM
Jul 11, 7:15 AM
Jul 2018
humor doesn't fit with me.
Jul 11, 7:18 AM
Nov 2023
This episode was so funny!
The standalone jokes were great, but the meta jokes about Shōnen and Shōjo tropes were even better!!!
Jul 11, 8:08 AM

Nov 2023
Such a comedy. I so love yandere girls and there we got some funny yandere girl here, I`m happy.
Jul 11, 8:24 AM

Mar 2021
This show is such a masterpiece, it's just amazing how crazy and hilarious it is.
Jul 11, 8:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Don't worry Koshi, you're not the only one who doesn't understand what's going on, but I'm enjoying it anyway
Jul 11, 8:54 AM
Aug 2023
BEST ANIME OF ALL TIME
Jul 11, 9:01 AM

May 2014
Koshitan got a lot of damage in this entire episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 9:19 AM

May 2015
Two episodes of this was enough for a life.
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jul 11, 9:29 AM

Dec 2023
I know that there are some anime that you turn off your brain for. Then there's whatever the f**k this is!

What did I just watch?!
Autoparts_22Jul 11, 9:33 AM
Jul 11, 10:19 AM

Feb 2020
i guess we're just jumping into vol 2 then and not adapting the remaining 2 chapters in the first vol.

I think it's still ok, but while im glad the animators really love this anime, they're putting a lot of unnecessary scenes with the deer (they weren't in the manga), which actually takes away the comedic effect
Jul 11, 10:51 AM

Feb 2010
There are a lot of deer where we live and some like to sit and watch the people as much as the people like to watch them, so it doesn't surprise me that Shikanoko knows so much about Torako
Jul 11, 11:07 AM
Nov 2022
Okay... Episode 2 were... See you guys on eps 3

I can related with Koshitan....Don't know what actually happen....
Jul 11, 11:09 AM
Nov 2022
Okay episode 2 is getting weird rather episode 1 ... Hopefully I can hold myself to want entire episodes in future
Jul 11, 11:32 AM
Nov 2015
UnknownGhost5 said:
The whole episode I was just thinking "What the fuck am I watching?"

This. Deer gods, but this!
Of those who say nothing, few are silent.
=-Thomas Neil-=
Jul 11, 12:00 PM
Dec 2022
MY DEER FRIEND NOKOTAN, INTRODUCE THE GREEN HAIRED GIRL IN EPISODE 3 AND MY LIFE WILL BE YOUR
Jul 11, 1:26 PM
Jan 2021
I feel like its a bit too much "random bs go".

Comedy lives off subverting your expectation but only if its relatable to the viewer to a certain level.

And i am not saying you can't do "random bs go" and have it be funny but everything in moderation.

I will give it one more episode and see how it goes i guess
Jul 11, 1:42 PM

Jan 2018
Reply to Ofenfrische
I feel like its a bit too much "random bs go".

Comedy lives off subverting your expectation but only if its relatable to the viewer to a certain level.

And i am not saying you can't do "random bs go" and have it be funny but everything in moderation.

I will give it one more episode and see how it goes i guess
@Ofenfrische tbh for random bs this was way too predictible. It was obvious that the club room would be vandalized, it was obvious that Shikanoko would totally fall to the cracker trap, it was obvious that yandere sis would accept Shikanoko after she sacrificed herself, pretended to die, but actually be unharmed. Etc etc etc. Not a position you'd like to be in with random comedy.

Anyway, I'll proceed to future episodes drunk because this anime feels it's ment to be watched high
Jul 11, 1:52 PM

Feb 2018

Same, more or less.
Jul 11, 2:50 PM

Jun 2023
Schrödinger’s bra

New quantum mechanics experiment dropped
Jul 11, 2:52 PM

Mar 2013
Definitely feels like they went a lot more random than the manga. not 100% how to feel about it but will keep going with it.
Slice of Life Anime about the everyday life of a German Philosopher: Nietzschijou.
Jul 11, 4:19 PM
Apr 2024
The entire episode just got more and more chaotic
Jul 11, 4:50 PM

Jun 2020
I was not a fan of first ep but this one definitely was Lot of better
Jul 11, 6:07 PM

May 2019
this anime is crazy
it uses absurdist humor excellently
they referenced sukeban deka, hokuto no ken and ashita no joe.
shikanoko behaves like neco arc
with all the silly faces and weird noises
wtf they referenced basilisk, inuyasha and naruto
ok her sister is a yandere
this anime is very similar to Ippatsu Kiki Musume
SCHRODINGER'S BRA
wtf bessatsu friend
wtf they referenced the infinity war ending of spiderman dying in tony stark's hands
a latin requiem whose only word are shika
omg it's deer saint peter
he rejected her in deer heaven
does this mean she's actually human ?
wtf they referenced jojo book armor asspul with deer crackers
Jul 11, 6:09 PM

Apr 2022
L they didn't show that one footage. another sis reveal this week, the one in alya-san was better than anko though. first episode was better.
Jul 11, 6:20 PM
Jun 2022
did not expect that the purple hair girl was koshitan's sister. what a twist, funny episode too!!
Jul 11, 6:25 PM
Oct 2022
Apart from the introduction of a new character and some trivia, nothing interesting happened
Jul 11, 7:33 PM

Jun 2014
This episode was not funny, simple as.
Jul 11, 8:28 PM
Oct 2021
This episode was great! We get to meet whoever the purple-haired girl was and it happens to be Koshi's little sister! Can't wait to see more of Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan! Please feed me more deer girl content; I need it! 😋
Jul 11, 8:32 PM
Oct 2021
Reply to Gyom3i
@Gyom3i You're not supposed to ask where to find this episode as it against guidelines, but go on do your thing
Jul 11, 8:38 PM

Jul 2021
The deer cracker came to save the day!
Jul 11, 8:58 PM
Feb 2017
shikanoko nokonoko
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 28

53 by nightlord6 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 21

51 by LuisSV23 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » best brainrot anime of all time?

asdewqw3erfgt - Aug 29

36 by vainothegamer101 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jul 17

147 by DolFunDolphinVT »»
Today, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Shikanoko Nokonoko Koshitantan Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Aug 14

70 by FrutiTuti »»
Yesterday, 6:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.