Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Jan 8, 2017 9:01 PM

Sep 2011
Another great episode, I really love plots with time loops.

Reinhard looks very suspicious, I wonder what will be his role in the series.
Jan 8, 2017 10:31 PM
Jul 2018
mozgow said:
rsc-pl said:
Ok, I'm totally in.
Seems to be really nice series. The only thing which is bugging me is a fact about 3DCG in backgrounds. It looks worse than shit. But I'm definitely looking forward for more.
It does not look good, but that's how they saved money. And used them really well in next episode (some of the best animation sequences I've seen in a while).

I'd think it's mainly to save time, but not sure.
Jan 9, 2017 5:26 PM

Mar 2010
Reminds me of the movie " The edge of tomorrow" But with unknown origins so far.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 12, 2017 4:26 PM

Apr 2013
I have to say, I was starting to get tired of having the MC not realizing what was happening. Finally, we can move forward. I got the feeling that would be her at the door at the end. unfortunately, this means that we'll probably start another verbal fight that will finish with that same woman killing everyone and then everything will restart. Oh boy, again. Does he have save points or something like that girl in UQ holder?
let's hope for him he does.
Jan 28, 2017 7:00 PM

Jul 2013
I think one way to convince those who won't believe him is to tell them a few things that he knows will happen in the near future. For example, the woman who wants to buy the insignia is named Elsa and she has big boobs that will almost pop out cause of the very sexy dress she's wearing and that she won't offer any more than 20 coins and also that she actually doesn't want the insignia for herself but rather for the client she's working for. If all these happened exactly how he told them to, which no doubt they will cause history repeats itself like how he always end up encountering the three stooges in that dark alley, then Felt and giant old dude will think that the next thing that will happen is the killing time in which they all die cause they're all pathetic fighters but of course that won't happen cause Subaru won't tell Elsa the magic words "I will give it back to the owner" so then Elsa would just stand up and quietly leave and then they'd make the sale, Subaru gets the insignia, he'll give it to Satella or whoever she really is, she's gonna be so grateful she'd kiss him, they will fall in love with each other, have many half-elf kids and they will live happily ever after - credits roll. OR after Elsa leaves, Satella would come out of her hiding spot in which Subaru convinced her to hide into cause of course we can't let the two meet or it will be a bloodbath right off the bat, she then can forcefully get the insignia back since she can use magic. - credits roll.

Seriously though this has been really awesome so far. Keep it up.
Feb 2, 2017 4:29 PM
Aug 2014
That was better than the first episode, at least the MC was less annoying. Would like it if he got rid of the shopping bag though, because it makes him look like an idiot.

It looks like the MC hasn't realised that people go by their given name, rather than their family name; so hopefully he'll stop freaking out about that soon.

Could also do without the lip licking of Elsa.
Mar 18, 2017 5:23 PM

Jan 2016
Oh my.... am I the only one who finds Felt's dominance really attractive? o///o

The attitudes of her and....ehm...the silver-haired girl are strikingly similar, actually. And wow, the appearance of the silver-haired girl...

Anyway....yep, this episode left me just as confused as the first. Still extremely intense and an absolute pleasure to watch, however. It's really gotten me sucked in and intrigued.

"Time leap"? "No matter how many times I repeat this, the future won't change"? Of course it won't Subaru... not unless you cross... the one percent divergence barrier!

Apr 21, 2017 1:58 PM

Jan 2013
That's one of the coolest OP's I've seen in a while, great visuals.
Funny how Subaru keeps meeting the 3 stooges over and over, Reinhard was cool tho :)

Really interested in knowing about this time leap ability, which he has no control over (yet?).

I think Satella is her real name, that's also probably the reason she was so hesitant to tell Subaru in the first episode, thinking he might realize she is in fact THE witch.

Wonder how many times we'll be reliving the same day with Elsa killing him in the end rather than Subaru maybe gaining control over the time leap power. (Which I'm still not sure it's actually HIS power rather than it just happening to him, we'll find out hopefully)
PrOxAntoApr 21, 2017 5:31 PM
Apr 24, 2017 1:20 AM

Apr 2012
Nice cry for help by Subaru (or Kobayashi Yuusuke), I had to pause to laugh it off before continue watching.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Jun 20, 2017 9:52 AM

May 2016
Damn that was fucked up, I'm so glad he made it there safely.
Jul 5, 2017 3:07 AM

Dec 2012
Dat OP.
How the fuck did he walk into your blade when you were holding it reverse style? Lying scumbag.
Of course he had to die to those shitbags.
Larry, Moe, and Curlt. lol
A guard actually came.
Dat oppai bounce. It's Elsa.
LAWD! Dat oppai.
I want Elsa to put her hand on my hand.
Felt used Bite.
Felt opens the gate to heaven.
It's Satella.

Awesome song by Konomi as expected. Why does Elsa have to be bad? She too fine to be evil.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Aug 9, 2017 8:35 PM

May 2013
lol I thought it was gonna be the knight from earlier since Subaru mentioned the loot house, but it turned out to be Satella lol X) das koo' too.
Sep 9, 2017 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
Nothing changes, everything is still pointless. Looks like bad slice of life anime in fantasy style based on Groundhog Day movie feature. Pathetic.
Nov 11, 2017 10:52 AM

Jun 2016
Subaru died again after getting stabbed by those three assholes who keeps on blocking him in the alley. Pffft. And he immediately figured that once he dies, he'll go back in time -- a time leap, yep.

Hajimemashite, Reinhard. Hihi. So handsome. I bet he'll be significant in the upcoming episodes. Hehe.

Shit. Subaru bumped into that woman who killed them all. Fuck. I was shivering. Holy shit. What the fuck does she want!?!?! Waaah.

Subaru managed to find Felt and still convincing him to sell him Emilia's insignia, then someone knocked on the door, and it's freaking Emilia. Jesus Crust! Haha. I thought it was that horrible woman.

Kinda slow episode, but it's okay because Felt. Hehe.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 22, 2017 5:45 AM

Jul 2016
Why did the episode have to end there? So much progress was made.
Jan 7, 2018 11:09 AM

Mar 2016
The op and the ed were both beautiful. The song from the ed was better but it doesn't quite have any images or anything...

More characters and more alternative events + more cool Subaru movements. Noice!
Feb 3, 2018 3:02 AM

Dec 2010
It just now occurred to me that the MC restarts from a checkpoint after death like an actual video game. Pretty clever.
May 14, 2018 3:52 AM

Jun 2013
its honestly a bit bland so far in its usage of time leaping and fantasy imo. hopefully it gets better since this is only the second episode.
Sep 3, 2018 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
could someone explain this pls. why does the old apple man remember how subaru helped his kid? is it clear later?
Sep 3, 2018 10:57 AM

Jul 2014
Gouma said:
could someone explain this pls. why does the old apple man remember how subaru helped his kid? is it clear later?
It was a mistake in the translation. Some other kid, same age as Subaru, helped his child.
Sep 13, 2018 9:43 AM
Dec 2014
It took the MC three deaths to figure what was going on. If it was a character who could not draw a parallel between this world and a game world it would be credible, but considering how quickly he "adapted" to the fact that he is no longer in Japan, he comes across as a slow learner. But it looks like next episode will have some action so I will stick around for a bit more. I must say that Elsa is pretty badass.
Mar 14, 2019 1:43 PM
Aug 2018
Did anyone try to find and count identical CGI clones?
Already found two in the very first frame of this episode.

And the MC finally grasped what is going on, took him only 3 deaths.
But it's a little ridiculous that he runs into the same group of muggers every time, lol.
tr25a3Mar 14, 2019 1:55 PM
Apr 19, 2019 7:27 PM

Jun 2015
i bet felt is still gonna refuse and attack anyway
Apr 30, 2019 8:17 PM

Apr 2014
-Thought he would have realized what was happening after the second time, but alas.

-Satella/Emilia! The first time she was with Subaru. The second time she didn't arrive at the house before Elsa. This time she did arrive prior, and the difference was that Subaru encountered Reinhardt, who also happens to be dressed similarly to her. So he's her (one of her?) knights/guards probably? If that's the case, then they may have followed Subaru after he randomly told Reinhardt what he was doing lol.

-Subaru kissing up to a powerful stranger and establishing acquaintanceship. Good move.

-Love the OP and the ED.
Aug 9, 2019 11:24 AM

Apr 2013
I just realized why it's called re:zero and feel stupid now lol. Wonder how he can break that loop, maybe he has to get to the next day alive? But if he dies then, will he be reborn on that 2nd day at the same time?
Sep 21, 2019 9:36 PM

Jul 2013
That was definitely different from the last time. Meeting Reinhard who protected Subara before the muggers. Going to Felts living place. Meeting Elsa way before the deal for the insignia and the fact Satella came into Roms shop instead of Elsa.

I have so much questions. Especially what will happen if Subaru survives the first day and for example dies the next one? Will he port back to the first day or will something different happen? And what exactly is his objective he has to accomplish?

For me this episode especially the second half was pretty thrilling from the moment when Subaru meet Elsa. I guess next episode will be exciting to see if anything more changed.

Nov 17, 2019 8:43 AM

Aug 2018
That bitch is on fire 🔥
Good episode
Mar 13, 2020 7:30 PM
Discord Moderator
Divine Protector

Sep 2019
OP has cool visuals. ED song is better
May 3, 2020 10:46 AM

Nov 2017
Director's cut 2nd half of ep 1.

Things start to look somewhat more manageable, still want Subaru to die.

It makes you think what you would do. Obviously, with zero moral consequences for my actions and being a literal free agent, I would just start murdering left and right for coin, like any video game, to start building up my accounts.

Get a really good weapon and coin, and I guess dodge in and out of the thing with the princess? Do I still even care about the badge (the thing with the jewel in it)? I just want to be king.

Interesting that he tries to weave in a plot about girls with literally having regeneration/time stopping power. Obviously my first choice is ultimate power since I can read time, I can get girls later, but I suppose this guy is lame and somehow still moral.

If I know those guys are bullying me (lol at punching out a guy who stands 6 ft 7 weighing 350 and 'gripping' him to death) I immediately steal/kill someone for a nice weapon, small axe or sword, steal some chest armor and nuts armor but try to keep my street look.

It begs the question, are weapons allowed to be worn in town? That's the most important part, or you steal/kill for a license to carry around said weapon from one of those knights and just assume authority over people.

Obviously a lot of backstabbing ensues, but nobody knows you.

But I guess like any game you got to follow the main thread, right? So it's all about the badge with the jewel in it.

I hope Subaru figures something out, or dies.
Jul 8, 2020 1:49 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
He was dead again. The next episode he dead?

Also, was his power of reviving him messed up the route on this world and make the butterfly effect in the end? Shit i was confused af and knewing something got cut i really mad with that. Whatever. I might continued without knowing anything.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 22, 2020 7:10 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
This Elsa lady is really like Hisoka... also that Opening is pretty fire.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2020 11:25 AM
Oct 2019
I want to laugh and say, "without this idiot kid getting in the way and needing things up, the elf was able to find her insignia." But after second thought, I'm thinking that swordsman guy probably bumped into her and told her what this dumb kid said.

Oct 7, 2020 3:49 AM

Jul 2020
So that time leap Subaru is experiencing was that his skill? since he can remember it.
Feb 7, 2021 4:31 PM

Jun 2017
You know this is a lot better than I initially expected. I have to say though, all the talk of witches and time loops reminded me of umineko a bit.
Feb 27, 2021 2:31 PM

Feb 2019
It's "Satella"!!!!

That was scary
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 22, 2021 6:20 AM

May 2020
1. "I don't know who told you that, but they have terrible taste" Hmmm, is that right? Terrible taste you say?

2. That opening is so very nostalgic!

3. Interesting detail.

4. Subaru actually nearly just gives up on "Satella", but changes his mind because the thought of her dying and him possibly preventing it but doing nothing made him feel bad.

5. So even without Subaru, "Satella" will still help the lost kid.

6. Reinhard introduction!

7. Having black hair in the Re:Zero world is rare apparently, and Lugnica is currently not in an agreeable political state.

8. Cool fight scene animation.

9. Nice Subaru and Felt interactions.
"I'm not like the people here"
"I have no intention of living out my life in these back alleys!"
I liked Felt's proclamation, and her goals. Also head petting! But poor Subaru got bitten by those sharp teeth. Subaru's wish to not only save Emilia but also Felt and Rom, this is the aspect I really like about Subaru's character, even though it's not the most genuine which is covered in later episodes, he is a really well-written character.

10. "...you are with them..." This has been brought up 2 times now, first by Elsa in Episode 1 and now by Felt, who is 'them'?

11. We're getting a lot of close up shots of Rom looking at Felt during her lines, found it kind of interesting.

12. "Satella" arrives earlier than in the 1st loop, Subaru really has been holding her back lol
Nov 20, 2021 5:30 PM

Jan 2021
The op was really good that woman who also wants the insignia that animation when she licked her lips looked so realistic and the guy at the shop thanked Subaru for bringing back his daughter even tho he didn’t in this current time so something is off

Jan 2, 2022 2:11 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
There we go, so if the witch comes she will not only kill there once again, but also enjoy killing a bonus person.
May 15, 2022 12:25 PM

Jun 2015
Fate has changed! Was it because of red-haired guy?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jul 10, 2022 3:21 PM

Feb 2018
Reinhard was too good to be true lol. Finally someone who helps without asking money in return :P Now this ending of the episode was unexpected!
Aug 24, 2022 10:00 PM

May 2022
the fact that Subaru can return to a save point was really cool and interesting, but very useful for him to change the fate for Felt, Emilia, and Rom. I also liked Reinhard, what an awesome and caring person. those punks who were trying to beat Subaru were pretty annoying lol. anyways, nice episode.
Oct 9, 2022 3:12 PM

Aug 2021
i'm curious to see who the "them" they keep referring to is. it's no secret it has to do with emilia and her insignia but i want to figure out who they are
Oct 10, 2022 1:44 AM

Jul 2014
@kxlel02
To figure out who "they" are you need to know a crucial plot point from season 2.
Oct 10, 2022 7:00 AM

Aug 2021
mozgow said:
@kxlel02
To figure out who "they" are you need to know a crucial plot point from season 2.

i figured as much… thanks for the heads up.
Oct 10, 2022 10:21 PM
Jul 2017
Most braindead protagonist I have ever fucking witnessed I fucking hate this show so much
Nov 1, 2022 10:32 AM

Apr 2021
So Subaru now knows that he's going back in time. And from the way it looks, it seems that changing the past also changes the future a bit. Anyways this was an interesting episode!!!
Jan 13, 2023 5:34 PM
Apr 2022
10/10
idk what else to say
Feb 1, 2023 5:55 PM
Apr 2022
Quick question, why is it the affect from the curse doesn’t start when Subaru was talking aloud about, “returning by death” sitting behind the shop owner?
Feb 2, 2023 9:13 AM
Feb 2021
This dude needs to learn that lying exists. I'm enjoying the slow burn, its pretty nice
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

793 by cibertopia »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2016

767 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 19, 1:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2016

1833 by OverThedge_32 »»
Sep 18, 8:26 PM

» Should I watch director cut or the regular one?

ido4224 - Sep 6

22 by QcDiablo »»
Sep 18, 5:44 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

252 by Kira_Illusionist »»
Sep 18, 12:43 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.