Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 28, 2022 6:58 AM

Nov 2011
Making videos for financial profit huh? This was kinda old school...

I have to say, this show sure loves using its social media platforms alot whether it's online videos, Twitter, etc. Not much action but there sure was a lot of tweets trending.
Jul 28, 2022 7:14 AM

Jan 2018
Thank goodness it was just a fever dream. I thought they were focusing away from Yaeka.

Feels bad man. Seeing her reaction like that...
Jul 28, 2022 7:18 AM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 28, 2022 7:22 AM

Apr 2010
Personally i think this was a pretty bad episode which kind of disappointing since the anime has been really good so far.
Well let's hope we won't see anything like this again the episode did have it's funny moments but i rather see more development between the characters.
Seeing Kirishima grow attached to Yaeka is one of the nice things of this anime and we didn't see much of that except towards the end of this episode.
Jul 28, 2022 7:29 AM

Mar 2021
Bit of a unique episode with Yaeka barely featuring hopefully next episode we can get back to her and Kirishima bonding more
Jul 28, 2022 7:59 AM

Apr 2020
This episode sure is a fever dream. From making basic YT videos to international superstars, there's no way for guys like Team Cherry to make it like the way they did, but somehow they do and Tooru is rewarded with panic attacks considering he can never leave behind the ojou-sama that he cares about.

One panic attack later and we are now awake to a world that he belongs, and with a punch to his lackey, hopefully we are never delving into that world again and this concept...ever.
Jul 28, 2022 8:02 AM

Jul 2011
You don't need to fear singing, when many singers use autotune.
Jul 28, 2022 8:15 AM

May 2021
Great episode! 'Please make videos with him.' Thought I was watching episode 1 again until I heard that xD. The boss has ordered them to do this to improve their financial situation but he wants them to make sure that no other groups find out about it otherwise it would be quite embarassing...
Sugihara (whose name I always forget and have to search up for some reason) and Kirishima wear face masks to hide their identity whilst recording their video!

The mosaics on the gun was funny xD. (Speaking of mosaics, it reminds me of a certain person named MARKLORD in the VN community who would probably die if he saw it censored...)

It seems the first video got quite a few views!
Team cherry and spicy curry!
TEAM CHERRY IS THE BEST!
Even Ayumu is watching the videos it seems.
They fail at trying to reduce their popularity??!
The boss asks them to...sing?
They have collaborations as well as doing fan meeting events...
How far will team cherry go?
Yaeka is upset that Kirishima isn't with her and when Kirishima sees her walking alone, he goes crazy!

BUT IT WAS ALL A DREAM?!!
Team Cherry doesn't exist?!! MY DREAMS HAVE BEEN DESTROYED NANO DESU!

Looking forward to the next episode!
Rem4lifexDJul 28, 2022 8:33 AM
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 28, 2022 8:35 AM

Nov 2021
Yea well this is was quite wholesome
Jul 28, 2022 9:00 AM

Jun 2021
Don’t forget to smash that like button, subscribe, and hit that bell for notifications on Team Cherry content with Misty, Bamboo, and Gold! Lmao.

Kirishima’s dream was hilarious. I wasn’t expecting him dreaming of the gang becoming massive streamers. I liked the “apology video” and how deleting their channel just created more buzz. Team Cherry even became idols lol. It’s kind of sweet that Kirishima cared so much about Yaeka, that even the thought of disappointing her was enough to cause him to have a mental break (in his dream ofc).

All in all, this was a pretty fun episode. Completely ridiculous but hilarious.
Jul 28, 2022 9:04 AM

May 2015
Was this some kind of filler episode? I seriously started considering dropping this anime after the first half of the episode.
夏草や 兵どもが 夢の跡
Jul 28, 2022 9:20 AM
Oct 2016
The entire time watching this episode I kept thinking in my head that it was a completely insane fever dream, so imagine my surprise when it actually was a dream! The message we got a few minutes into the episode might've said was wouldn't be getting the usual programming but I didn't expect this! Absolutely wild episode, in some ways super meta and satire while in other ways batshit crazy. Kirishima and some of the guys making a YouTube channel to gain money through streaming is definitely outside the box thinking by the boss. Kirishima and Sugihara take things to another stratosphere gaining tons of views and subscribers. Amassing this incredible online cult following. Becoming not only internet stars but worldwide recording artists! The levels of insanity kept increasing and making me laugh more and more. It did get sad when Kirishima realized he'd spent too much time away from Yaeka. So I suppose it all being a dream made sure Yaeka wasn't actually sad. But damn I don't think I've ever seen an episode of an anime like this one. Team Cherry!!!
Jul 28, 2022 9:49 AM
Apr 2020
these episodes just do not go down ahaahahahaha, head to the next.
Jul 28, 2022 10:07 AM
Jul 2021
Pretty disappointing to already have a filler episode, but I guess it’s better than a recap. Hopefully the show gets back on track soon.
Jul 28, 2022 10:32 AM

Feb 2019
The art during kirishima breakdown on the “plane” was amazing.

I’m glad it did end up being a dream, the tonal shift would’ve been really jarring. Plus Yaeka just needs her surrogate dad lol.

Def the worst episode so far but still entertaining. Wanna get back to more bonding next week tho.
Jul 28, 2022 10:36 AM

Mar 2016
This was one hell of a hilarious fever dream of sorts. The kind of dream that Kirishima had reminds me of my own instances whenever I often take naps during the day due to simply being mentally or physically drained due to activity from before. Most of them are so weird that I wouldn't be able to explain them even if I still remember long after waking up.

Hilarity aside in terms of gaining massive popularity through just posting YouTube skits (which is completely unrealistic by all means), it did have what I thought was a genuinely emotional moment where Kirishima was reminded of what is the most important to him right now: taking care of Yaeka.
Jul 28, 2022 11:10 AM

Jun 2013
Honestly... Twenty minutes wasted. It was unnecessary, didn't introduce any new characters, was all over the place, and was very random. I am not a big fan of the "it was just a dream" cliche trope because, in the end, we don't progress with anything. No character nor story development. This episode was such a huge letdown. I sure hope that there won't be more episodes like this one. I don't expect much from this anime, just a wholesome content and yet it still disappointed me today. Eh...
Jul 28, 2022 12:07 PM

Jul 2014
Every episode sees this show get worse and worse as it aimlessly spins its wheels and tries to throw anything and everything at the wall to fill the runtime. Maybe don't rush through a critical part of your premise in two episodes if you have no other ideas after it? Just a thought.

And with that, I am done with this show, as it clearly doesn't give a damn about wasting the viewer's time with a complete filler episode four episodes in. In fact, I might just give up on this "surrogate father" subgenre for a while as there hasn't been a good one of those since Poco's Udon World in 2017, while this and Deaimon last season were both huge disappointments.
Jul 28, 2022 12:14 PM

May 2021
Finally an episode that didn't bore me to death. Of course it was a waste of time in the end but at least I had fun. If the purpose was to remind of his responsibility, then they should have had him ACTUALLY drift away from his goals instead of relegating it to a fever dream.

Ofc, all this is only when I take this episode seriously instead of sitting back and having fun, which I did in response to that message at the beginning warning(?) the viewers that its gonna be a ridiculous filler episode.

Jul 28, 2022 12:41 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Boss calls two dudes into a room and tells them to make videos. Ok then

Come on though bro, this is the yakuza's guide to babysitting, not the yakuza's guide to making youtube videos. I guess there's only so much babysitting you can do, so you gotta pad the runtime with random sh*t like this. But really the bread and butter of this show is the relationship between Kirishima and Yaeka; take out Yaeka and it be treading on thin ice. Have their relationship be the forefront at all times and then you can add all the sh*t you want on top afterwards. And if they do have to add filler-type stuff like this, make it fun at least. Because for myself at least, this was far more cringe than it was fun. Sure it was all a dream and thus is just a gag episode, but it doesn't matter, it's still time wasted.

The first three episodes were all easily 5/5's, so it sucks for it to take a nosedive into a 1/5 episode. At least they warned us in the beginning that it was going to be a gag episode this week for some reason.

Yaeka asking when he was coming home reminded me of Eminem's "When I'm Gone", Kirishima had got caught up in fame and fortune but neglected his "daughter" whom he left behind at home. I guess that's one good thing that we can take away from this episode, because thanks to this dream, Kirishima probably reaffirms his vows to himself to never leave Yaeka's side.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 28, 2022 2:03 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, I was waiting for Kirishima-san to just wake up and break that dream. Didn’t expect it to be that long though, it stretched on for a little too long imo.

It was hilarious seeing Yaeka-chan’s aunt ponder on who Team Cherry was.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 28, 2022 2:24 PM

Nov 2016
"Make videos with him"

Shit escalated so quickly that it couldn't be real lmao. Except for his feelings for Yaeka of course.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 28, 2022 3:00 PM
Nov 2021
anthermi said:
Pretty disappointing to already have a filler episode, but I guess it’s better than a recap. Hopefully the show gets back on track soon.

slice of life animes don't have filler
Jul 28, 2022 3:03 PM

Nov 2013
Started like a recap and turned into some weird dream...

Strange episode.
Jul 28, 2022 3:41 PM
Jan 2016
Ishitateso said:
Was this some kind of filler episode? I seriously started considering dropping this anime after the first half of the episode.

Yeah same. Filler-ish episode on a 12ep anime, ouch.
Jul 28, 2022 3:43 PM

May 2021
I wanted to hear him sing. hosoya yoshimasa’s singing is beautiful
Jul 28, 2022 3:48 PM
Mar 2020
That was one of the worst episodes I've watched this year.
Jul 28, 2022 3:49 PM

Dec 2013
I'm surprised so many people hated this episode, I thought it was hilarious, they capture so perfectly the JP Youtube scene, if this was indeed filler who ever wrote the episode should make more comedy / parody shows.
Jul 28, 2022 4:14 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
weakest ep so far.

It wasn't terrible but I came here for good wholesome moments with Yaeka, not whatever this was.

Jul 28, 2022 4:41 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
What an interesting episode this was lol, our boys were told to start streaming to which they instead do a YouTube channel and made some big waves thanks to Sugihara’s connections and their content actually being pretty good, the videos looked funny too, all they needed was a 3AM video thrown in there lol. But man it did get pretty crazy near the end there with becoming music artists and collaborating with people from other countries.

The ending was pretty scary tho, that turned a goofy situation into a nightmare really fast, and thank god he woke up lol, I had a feeling that’s what this episode was from the beginning, being able to sit right next to Yaeka after all that was really nice. But I’ll say, one must never forget Team Cherry!

And wow, I know the episode went off track but damn I’m surprised so many people didn’t like this one, I liked it a lot personally. Of course I’m glad it was all a dream but it wasn’t bad in the slightest.
TheColonel76Jul 28, 2022 4:46 PM
Jul 28, 2022 4:49 PM
Jun 2019
The entire thing was a dream. Lol

Today's episode: Yakuza's Guide to Showbiz
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Jul 28, 2022 5:19 PM

Oct 2016
What in the actual fuck was that, what could happen that they had to go with this shit?

Atavistic said:
Every episode sees this show get worse and worse as it aimlessly spins its wheels and tries to throw anything and everything at the wall to fill the runtime. Maybe don't rush through a critical part of your premise in two episodes if you have no other ideas after it? Just a thought.

And with that, I am done with this show, as it clearly doesn't give a damn about wasting the viewer's time with a complete filler episode four episodes in. In fact, I might just give up on this "surrogate father" subgenre for a while as there hasn't been a good one of those since Poco's Udon World in 2017, while this and Deaimon last season were both huge disappointments.

I don't remember that many shows with this theme in recent years but I think Kotarou wa Hitorigurashi was good, not amazing because it is unfinished, but good.
Jul 28, 2022 5:45 PM

Mar 2013
What was this episode? Ridiculous! But I had a good laugh.
Jul 28, 2022 6:09 PM
May 2021
KanameYuuki said:
I'm surprised so many people hated this episode, I thought it was hilarious, they capture so perfectly the JP Youtube scene, if this was indeed filler who ever wrote the episode should make more comedy / parody shows.

I wouldn't say hate it but it was really bad to the point I and, by reading these comments makes me believe, many others were considering dropping the show because this episode was insultingly bad. I don't watch Japanese youtube scene but this felt more like normie youtube scene no mater which country, similar to mr beast or some other fag with red arrows and soyface in thumbnails, with constant screaming and overexaggerated reactions to everything that happens in every single video. I don't like to admit it but I'm huge pussy when it comes to emotional scenes between kids and parents and last episode got me tearing a lot which made me connect to the show on the emotional level but this episode single handedly killed the connection.
I know barely anybody can relate and I'm being selfish but this felt like loosing a good friend over stupid argument.
Jul 28, 2022 6:26 PM

Dec 2013
Maesaaj said:

I wouldn't say hate it but it was really bad to the point I and, by reading these comments makes me believe, many others were considering dropping the show because this episode was insultingly bad. I don't watch Japanese youtube scene but this felt more like normie youtube scene no mater which country, similar to mr beast or some other fag with red arrows and soyface in thumbnails, with constant screaming and overexaggerated reactions to everything that happens in every single video. I don't like to admit it but I'm huge pussy when it comes to emotional scenes between kids and parents and last episode got me tearing a lot which made me connect to the show on the emotional level but this episode single handedly killed the connection.
I know barely anybody can relate and I'm being selfish but this felt like loosing a good friend over stupid argument.

I understand where everyone is coming from, this episode had nothing to do with this show and its premise at all, I liked for what it was but mostly because I came to the term that this show was more of an otome type of show about hot guys with a quiet / self insert type of female MC than an actual parenting one (even though it does have in fact some touching moments).
Jul 28, 2022 7:22 PM
Aug 2019
This episode was so random but quite entertaining lol. It's sweet that Kirishima is starting to care about Yaeka so much though. Not enough of her this week tho :(
Jul 28, 2022 7:53 PM

Oct 2013
so did something happen to get it delayed or was this a for real episode. that disclaimer at the beginning got me wondering!
Jul 28, 2022 7:55 PM

Aug 2021
Already everything was getting crazier, going from youtubers to renowned artists and leaving the lady alone, Kirishima did go too far with that dream, but that's just it, he'd rather take care of her then.
Jul 28, 2022 8:40 PM
Jun 2022
this was stinky :(
Jul 28, 2022 10:56 PM

Mar 2020
That was hilarious. Never want that to happen again and make Yaeka-chan sad. Good it was just a dream. 😂
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Jul 29, 2022 1:14 AM

Jul 2017
Well, this episode sure feels wack different, thanks to the advisory notice given at the opening, which promises randomness and ridiculousness. A fair amount of love and hate is warranted for being an anime-original filler episode.

The Sakuragi Family suddenly going into livestreaming, which is plain ridiculous if anything, posed to both Kirishima and Sakuragi, and I'd say that this is literally the Yakuza version of "YouTube for Dummies" under the name Team Cherry (???), with all the current societal social media norms and filters applied to it. And then, the sudden announcement to close the channel because of fabricating lies to the audience, which actually increases their influence...to the point of being bad influence.

The inclusion of singing...which no choice, Team Cherry has to continue their shtick at the behest of boss Kazuhiko's approval, even if they cancel their channel and leaving their fanbase to speculate their fate. Even Yaeka low-key knows, and the ridiculousness continues with their official status as music artists traversing the world.

It's probably good that this whole thing...was just all a dream.

Despite the weird traction of this being a bad episode, I must admit that I had some fun too.
Jul 29, 2022 4:40 AM

Oct 2016
What in the Yakuza substory is this lmao. It was kinda weird, but hey, I thought it was fun.
Jul 29, 2022 8:28 AM

Apr 2015
That was... hilarious. (´ ∀ ` *)
All men, kings or peasants, die equally.
Jul 29, 2022 8:29 AM
Feb 2018
Aversa said:
Personally i think this was a pretty bad episode which kind of disappointing since the anime has been really good so far.
Well let's hope we won't see anything like this again the episode did have it's funny moments but i rather see more development between the characters.
Seeing Kirishima grow attached to Yaeka is one of the nice things of this anime and we didn't see much of that except towards the end of this episode.

nah fr, this episode was so difficult to sit through i was so bored LOL
Jul 29, 2022 8:30 AM

Jan 2019
The fuck was that.

Jul 29, 2022 8:57 AM

Apr 2012
at the beggining it says "for reasons" i am guessing covid or budget
anyway, whatever the reasons, it would have been better to just delay the normal episode instead of this
waste of money and i guarantee u people are gonna drop it just for this episode.. i was debating about it

i am watching this for the UwU AYAYA with Kirisima and the kid
and for the feels with her mother
and that villain guy which they havent show doing anything yet
Jul 29, 2022 11:09 AM

Feb 2011
that was so bad i skipped at 4 minutes..

Jul 29, 2022 12:49 PM

Nov 2013
dude wtf was the start, i had to check if i was watching episode 1 lmfao
favorite "new girls" from summer <3 ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks (rip all the other choices)
Jul 29, 2022 1:13 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
okay, lets just pretend this episode doesn't exist.
Jul 29, 2022 2:23 PM

Jan 2011
will say the only good thing was that it actually was just a dream felt like such a random left field of a episode show has been pretty good up till this point and i understand having a more fun episode after so many heavy ones but the return of it being somewhat serious near the end of the dream wasn't needed even if it was the show how important the lil lady is starting to become for him
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2022

72 by BonBonchick »»
Sep 3, 5:08 AM

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2022

120 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 12, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Sep 8, 2022

58 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Jul 12, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Kumichou Musume to Sewagakari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Jul 7, 2022

114 by Epiroogu »»
Mar 9, 8:24 AM

» Any Hopes For Season 2?

Penguatix - Sep 22, 2022

11 by Sherlock_Friegen »»
Feb 9, 8:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.