Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 22, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Happy Birthday to Ichika and this was a nice celebration of the show altogether imo, not just her. They made more valuable memories on this special day.

I think the finale was really sweet with the chemistry between Ichika and Nagomu. They even got a cake for the occasion. A very underrated but enjoyable show imo this season.
Jun 22, 2022 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
It's hard to tell if Itsuka still has a longing for her biological father, or like Nagomu mentioned, that she has completely given up the search.

Itsuka's birthday: March 26th, and Ryokushou will also prepare a birthday feast befitting of the occasion, as well as Nagomu's dream of being asked out by her. All the while while new seasonal wagashi sweets like an are made, and Nagomu being trained more from his grumpy father.

The fateful birthday, and Nagomi has his outing all planned out while Ryokushou has cake and chicken karaage put together...except that he thought he had it all well. It's coincidental that memories of her past father will resurface, and worse still, his plan folded in the blanket to focus on her, it's too weird seeing Nagomu this serious. What happens thereafter, is Nagomu having more fun than Itsuka by being himself, even more so with the foster father figure.

A child almost getting lost, and Itsuka getting lost herself which almost triggered her past anxieties to find Nagomu who's just nearby, that was an ennui moment. Especially for her birthday, it's fine if Nagomu plays as her father figure and celebrate her birthday like an actual family celebration.

Part of me wishes that Itsuka's biological father would come back to face his daughter just like Shinri, but I guess this is truly fate interwined.
Truly one of the hidden gems of the season that doesn't get enough love.
KANLen09Jun 22, 2022 8:57 AM
Jun 22, 2022 8:32 AM

Apr 2010
Somehow this episode doesn't feel like an ending it's kinda like we are still midway in the anime and personally i think it's a shame it already ended.
This was a nice anime with some good characters and a funny main.

It's was nice to see them go to a amusement park like that, the scene where the where mistaken for father and daughter was funny.
The pictures where also nice. Itsuka's mother cares for her a lot.
Jun 22, 2022 8:38 AM

Apr 2016
The beginning of the show was kinda rough, not gonna lie ... the constant treatment of the main guy like a trash by literally everybody he interacted with, got pretty stale and pretty boring pretty fast. Thankfully, more of less, it got dropped soon.

From then onwards we got to enjoy quite a nice show, full of nice life lessons. And an ending with a birthday celebration ... fuck the dad tho, what a cunt, cant even show up for the last episode, because he's too preoccupied getting trained by Orochimaru to fight his evil twin.
Jun 22, 2022 8:58 AM

Mar 2018
Great episode, highlighting the good enjoyable parts of Itsuka's birthday while also keeping her history with her father present.

I really liked this show a lot, and I know I'm just an SoL fanboy, but I do hopes this gets another season to really wrap up Itsuka's character.
Jun 22, 2022 9:00 AM

Apr 2014
Happy Birthday!
It was nice to see Itsuka enjoy her birthday at Hirakata Park. The wagashi cake also looked so delicious. It's the fusion menu between eastern and western. That's nice. The second season is welcome.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jun 22, 2022 9:06 AM

Feb 2019
Well fellow SoL chads. It’s been a pleasure.

Bittersweet feeling with this being over. Amazing finale that really encapsulated all the personal growth itsuka and Nagomu have had over the season. The sweetest thing was itsuka finally accepting people calling Nagomu her dad. The whole park part of the episode was awesome and is everything we’ve come to know and love from Deaimon.

In addition to itsuka and Nagomu’s relationship, we also saw how much Nagomu has grown as a cook with the suggestions he was making to his dad about the gold leaf and such. Not only has he grown as a parental figure but also in his profession!

Only thing I would’ve changed is getting some Kanoko. She’s been my fave part of the show, yes I’m a sucker for unresolved love stories, and I would’ve loved to get some more of her today. But oh well. Will have to check the manga out since I doubt we get another season.
Jun 22, 2022 9:19 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Nagomu was very excited to go with Itsuka xD.
I was expecting Itsuka to turn into Ayu the taiyaki thief when they went to the stand lol.

This has been a great series and I hope that we get a season 2!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 22, 2022 9:25 AM

Feb 2020
I'm already miss this show.
What a peaceful and wholesome series, damn I hope Itsuka can meet her dad in the future!!
5/5 ep. Overall 8.5/10.
Definitely hidden gem of the season~
Jun 22, 2022 9:29 AM
Dec 2021
Nice episode. Is this the last episode? Is there gonna be another season?
I would liked to see and ending to the two girls who were in love with Nagomu. Please be a season 2 dont end it like this.
Jun 22, 2022 9:34 AM

Mar 2019
Super sweet episode and I couldn't stop smiling. Deaimon was kind of a surprise because at the start I was expecting it to be a "sweet of the week" type of story that would rely a lot on the wagashi to develop. Ended up being an amazing SoL with a proper plot and great characters to round it up nicely.

Loved to see the slow deveplopment between Nagomu and Itsuka and it makes me wonder how would be his reaction when he discovers the one who abandoned Itsuka is the senpai he used to admire.

Asking for a second season would be too much so I guess I should start reading the manga from the beggining.
Jun 22, 2022 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
I want to see Itsuka meet her father but the anime won't give it to me.
Jun 22, 2022 10:08 AM
Nov 2019
undeadkingainz said:
Nice episode. Is this the last episode? Is there gonna be another season?
I would liked to see and ending to the two girls who were in love with Nagomu. Please be a season 2 dont end it like this.

Unfortunately I get the feeling we won’t get season 2…

It’s not popular enough…. :/
Jun 22, 2022 10:12 AM
Nov 2016
This was a cute, but overall lackluster final episode...at no point did it feel like a final installment, and somehow, I doubt that based on either buzz or ratings, will there be another season of this show (unless a 2nd season was already approved from the get go).

The fact we didn't get a resolution/reveal that her father is in fact Mogomu's senpai, seems like a bit of a cop out IMHO.

I liked the show overall, but the pace is far too slow and drawn out for my taste...you would think that the producers would be expecting a 4 season run, based on the pacing, but that is a bit over optimistic to assume it would happen in the first place.
Jun 22, 2022 10:15 AM

Nov 2020
while i still only give it a mid-tier rating i'm glad to say i was pleasantly surprised by this show, enjoyed it more than i thought i would. i hate to admit though that my main feeling after finishing it is "man i wanna WATCH usagi drop again" lmao
Jun 22, 2022 10:19 AM

Jul 2015
Man.. Words cannot describe just how much i loved this show.. I'm glad that the last episode focused on Itsuka and Nagumo..

But.. reality is given.. the show went under the radar of many.. Otherwise it would have guranteed a s2..

its easily 10/10 from me and God am i gonna miss this show..
Jun 22, 2022 10:22 AM
Jan 2020
Easily one of the comfiest shows I've watched. This was truly great. I'll miss this.
Jun 22, 2022 10:48 AM

Jun 2021
There’s still a lot of unresolved stuff with Nagomu and the girls (especially his ex) and Itsuka and her dad, but overall this was a nice little finale.

I really enjoyed this series. Nagomu is such a good dude, it’s been a joy watching him reconnect with his family and bond with Itsuka. Nagomu is the dad Itsuka really deserves. He’s been there for Itsuka the whole time. She doesn’t need her “parents” when she’s got a good dude like that looking out for her.

Idk if this will get a second season, but there definitely is room for one. Overall, a very heartwarming and fun series which probably should have been 24 episodes instead of 12. It had the right amount of humor and silliness to balance out the real emotional and dramatic moments. Plus, the sweets looked amazing. I may have to do a little late night online shopping for some Japanese sweets haha.
Jun 22, 2022 11:38 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Spring has come again and Itsuka birthday is right around the corner. Nagomu was planning on using the free ticket that Itsuka gave to him on his birthday to spend some time with her at Hirakata Park where they rode various thrill rides. This gave the staff at Ryokushou to put together a cake and karaage together for her birthday party. Itsuka and Nagomu really have that daddy daughter relationship going on. Meanwhile Itsuka's real father is still out there wandering somewhere.

This is one of the few slice of life series that I liked and its a shame that the manga doesn't have an English translation for us to see what happens next since there will not be a second season. Watching this anime makes me want to go to a sweet shop when I visit Kyoto someday.

7/10

Update: I did manage to find the manga on the manga site I was using except it was titled as Kyoto & Wagashi & Family. The first 10 chapters were translated and released about a week ago.
AddaeAkonoJun 23, 2022 8:07 AM
Jun 22, 2022 11:52 AM
Nov 2020
I will miss this show, since I think we will not have a second season. I'm going to look forthe manga, because I really love these characters, expecially Nagomu, and I want to know how things will evolve.
Jun 22, 2022 11:53 AM
Apr 2021
This was a very enjoyable anime with good characters developments, fingers crossed that we’ll another season…if not, I guess I’ll have to check out the manga. 9/10
magnumbladeJun 22, 2022 2:35 PM
Jun 22, 2022 12:16 PM
Mar 2022
What a lovely anime🥰really want a season 2 now
Jun 22, 2022 12:29 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty nice finale, this.

Nagomu-san finally got the opportunity to use the card and it was priceless seeing just how excited he was over it. I particularly liked the part where he tried to simulate the night before but fell asleep midway, that’s clearly a bit too much of a preparation xD.

As for Itsuka-chan, it was nice to see that the “father” comments didn’t seem to bother her by the end. Probably not the same feeling after Nagomu-san brought it up during dinner though, I’m certain.

Something about fate keeping the two connected, I got that sort of message from that sakura scene to guide her to him. Nice seeing Itsuka-chain’s mother appreciating her daughter’s happiness. Expected the father to show up at some point in person but I suppose that’s for later.

I quite like this show, over all. Didn’t have high expectations for it at first but it slowly started to grow on me and I’m definitely up for more now! Some more on the romance between Nagomu-san and his ex would’ve been nice to have but welp. Going to settle with a generous 8/10 here.

Op & ED were both excellent company and I really enjoyed listening to the Kansai dialect too. And of course, the wagashi looked delicious, would love to try one in Kyoto!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 22, 2022 1:17 PM

Jan 2012
Celebrating Itsuka's Birthday and the start of Spring to end the series.

This series was, in a word, wholesome. Very earnest, yet unassuming and feel-good. I wish I had more to say but honestly I don't. And sometimes it's best not to force things. I will conclude by saying I hope we get more as I am interested in seeing where the story goes next, solid 7/10.
Jun 22, 2022 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
10/10
AOTS for me. This is exactly what I'm looking for.
Also, this series made me realize how much I love Kyoto dialect (or rather Kamigatago).
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 22, 2022 1:59 PM

Sep 2020
They went to the amusement park and had a great time~Funny that they are considered as father and daughter multiple times, very beautiful last episode and great ending!!!
Jun 22, 2022 2:08 PM

May 2021
A good finale which leaves you with more to come. Really enjoyed this, especially how they handled the issue of Itsuka's estranged mother. Her dad is an absolute asshole though.

Nagomu is such a sweet guy. Definitely underrated. Hope there's a S2.

Jun 22, 2022 2:42 PM

Aug 2020
This was cute, and a perfect ending for first season. I'm saying this hoping that there will be a second season announcement soon.

Nagomu and Ichika's day at the park was beautiful, the moment she accepted to be seen as Nagomu's daughter was heart warming. He is such a nice father. This is definitely the father-children season.

By the way, Ichika's birthday is the same day as mine. What a lovely surprise ^__^

Jun 22, 2022 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
que buen anime, de principio a fin y me lo volveré a ver 10/10
Jun 22, 2022 3:35 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Yeah, that was quite alright. It was enjoyable to see a little girl telling a grown man-child how to behave more like an adult. Jokes aside, I did appreciate how laid-back all this was, and how it simply went for giving us feel-good vibes. The calm atmosphere was nice, paired along with some consistently-drawn water-colour-style animation. Overall, solid, and if you're looking for little more than to just take it easy, this may have very well been worth your time.

However, personally I will only be really remembering episodes 1, 3, and perhaps this one as well. While those were the most fun ones for me to watch, it was mainly due to them appearing to hint of interesting plot development later on. But as far as this anime goes, the plot doesn't REALLY go anywhere if we're being real here. That's okay though, because it's purpose wasn't exactly to be entirely plot driven, that wasn't what it was going for. Again, the end goal was probably simply just feel-good vibes, which it succeeded in giving to us. Although really most of the events from the other episodes kind of just faded into the back of my memory, apart from Itsuka meeting her mother I guess. I definitely would've like to see all the down time (which again, is not a problem by any means, this was meant to be a laid-back show after all) be used to focus on Nagomu and his relationship with Itsuka, and also with his ex Kanoko (who I must say, is one FINE-ass-looking anime lady indeed). Like Itsuka briefly feeling lost and then somewhat realizing that she kind of sees Nagomu as a father-figure, is what I was hoping to see more of during this season's runtime. But you know, making hand-made sweets was also something nice to see.

Maybe more of what I'm looking for would be found in a S2, which I will be holding out hope for. I wonder if this became popular enough to warrant the green light. For now, I'll leave this with a 6/10. It's solid, there's really nothing to complain about realistically without going into petty nitpicks, but I personally wasn't completely satisfied. I hope the rest of you truly enjoyed it though, which seems to be the case. Anyway, see you around!

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 22, 2022 4:10 PM

Nov 2011
nice episode. very open ended ending though. I mean I guess you can take it a few ways where Itsuka is okay living with Nagomu until she reunites with her father and Nagomu learning more at the shop.

But whatever. Nice anime overall, nothing special. Solid 7.4
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 22, 2022 4:20 PM

May 2016
Hope to see a S2 someday! 8/10.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jun 22, 2022 4:37 PM

Feb 2017
really enjoyed this series :^) but im a bit surprised there was no kind of resolution or anything with the dad; we're kinda just left hanging here. i guess it makes sense though - would have been too convenient for him to show up out of nowhere on itsuka's birthday.

i'm pretty sure i made this exact same comment on 3 other series that ended this past week but i really hope we get a s2 at some point

placeholder text
Jun 22, 2022 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
Good show but man I was really expecting at least one confrontation with deadbeat dad Kirito. Feels really weird to end the season without one.
Jun 22, 2022 5:24 PM

Aug 2021
was literally screaming when her dad showed up, this was an amazing episode and show,10/10. although unlikely, a season 2 would fulfill my life
Jun 22, 2022 5:43 PM
Mar 2021
Gotta say, this one ends with different way. Keep the wholesomeness of the show no matter what. 10/10

I thought they will rush last episode just for Itsuka meeting her dad. If i remember, each episode will cover 2 chapters of Manga. Let's see if this one will get S2 or not.
Jun 22, 2022 6:24 PM

Aug 2021
It was a nice anime, I love how their relationship was changing, she was ignoring him at the beginning and all that but she was relaxing with Nagomu and look to that point, maybe she still doesn't like the idea of father and daughter but she relaxed, it was good in the end
Jun 22, 2022 7:04 PM

Sep 2018
Not too bad, but a little underwhelming, was hoping for a little more when I first went into this. A bit too jagged with it's story telling and direction. 7/10.
Jun 22, 2022 7:16 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I figured this final episode would either go the dramatic route or stay wholesome, and I’m kinda glad it stayed wholesome. The birthday outing between Itsuka and Nagomu was super sweet, I also loved seeing Nagomu and Itsuka react to all the rides lol.

There was that one moment where Itsuka got lost and couldn’t find Nagomu, but that made the moment they reunited a lot better. I also loved Nagomu being called Itsuka’s dad a lot, and Itsuka eventually giving in lol. And like that, the show ends like we’re just getting started, and really that’s the truth because there’s still a lot regarding the main plot we haven’t learned yet.

This was definitely a gem this season, it was a nice and relaxing watch, loved seeing Nagomu and Itsuka grow as characters together and all the side character stories were great too, and I also loved the candy store theme, I definitely learned a lot about Wagashi. That OP and ED were most definitely very nice too, great songs with nice visuals and very fitting for the show. It may not have been an absolute favorite of mine this season but I did really love it and I really hope it gets another Season!
Jun 22, 2022 7:27 PM

Jun 2019
A bit of an odd place to end it. I guess they’re hoping for a sequel because they didn’t tie up loose ends with her father.

All in all this was a very average anime to me. It was fine to watch but I never looked foward to it. It has some good highs, but would bring itself back down with some hamfisted moral lessons and forcing a father-daughter relationship that doesn’t work for most of the runtime. Only on the last episode did I start to buy into that relationship, but I still feel like the show would have been better without it. Just feels gross.

If they get a sequel I’ll probably give it a shot. Though I don’t think I’ll rewatch this again.
Jun 22, 2022 7:50 PM

Aug 2018
the father and daughter element not there but it is still sweet enough to recommend not good enough for second viewing.
Jun 22, 2022 10:33 PM

Feb 2016
This anime was beautiful and wholesome as fuck. I swear parenthood stories are the best!!!

Also the seiyuu for Itsuka did such a great job during the entire series omg

I can't find the manga anywhere, i wanna read it so badly 〒▽〒
Sorry if my english is bad (っ˘▽˘)っ~~~
Btw, cry about it.
Jun 22, 2022 10:34 PM
May 2019
such a beautiful episode 💕 10/10 I'm going to miss them 😭🥺
Jun 22, 2022 10:36 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Somehow this episode doesn't feel like an ending it's kinda like we are still midway in the anime and personally i think it's a shame it already ended. I will continue to read the manga..
This was a nice anime with some good characters and a funny main.

It's was nice to see them go to a amusement park like that, the scene where the where mistaken for father and daughter was funny.
The pictures where also nice. Itsuka's mother cares for her now but she chose her work over her daughter before.

Jun 22, 2022 11:46 PM
Sep 2020
This show really excels at being chill and peaceful. Many people find those kind of shows boring, but I guess for some of us, older audience, it really brings some pure joy.

One aspect I loved specially about Deaimon is how the characters are aware of what's happening. They feel like real people, not tropes, which is a great praise for a show that, ultimately, tries to emulate real life stuff.

Anyways, 8/10 show for me, there's a lot of love in the making of this anime.
Jun 23, 2022 7:19 AM

Oct 2016
Man, what a wonderful show overall. It was extremely relaxing and just overall vibes. That was honestly a really awkward way to end though lmao.

I hope for Itsuka's VA to have more success in the future too, cause I really loved her voice, and this was her first role.

I don't know what the chances are of this getting a second season, but I really hope we do. 8/10
Jun 23, 2022 8:31 AM

Nov 2016
In the end it was kinda disappointing we didn't get any kind of closure with Itsuka's father but the series all in all it was okay at the very least.
Jun 23, 2022 11:12 AM

Nov 2013
Itsuka-centered final episode. Happy happy birthday to Itsuka! I feel for her, but IMO she's better without the dad who abandoned her. Nagomu may not be perfect, but he's twice and thrice better than Itsuka's biological dad.

I'd love for this to get season 2.

Glad they didn't cram "dad-returns" drama in the end - it would've ruined the show. Nagomu + Kanoko still haven't reunited either. Nagomu also needs to sharpen his skills if he wants to inherit the shop.

There's lot to be explored so S2, pretty please???
Jun 23, 2022 12:10 PM

Nov 2019
I would hold this show in a more favourable light if it didn't consisted of Harem Subtext, Saori Hayama*she was barely alive in the show, and be too anime.
SgtBateManJun 23, 2022 12:14 PM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jun 23, 2022 12:40 PM

Apr 2016
Very solid, wholesome SOL. Ending isn't as conclusive as I'd like, so a season 2 would really do this show wonders.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Nagomu knows who Itsuka's father is, right?

MumenWriter - Jul 28, 2022

15 by Ahash »»
Jun 15, 11:30 PM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2022

62 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 10, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2022

111 by Supremestrawhat »»
Jun 9, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Deaimon Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2022

53 by wildhood »»
May 29, 7:16 PM

» Asking what happen at the manga

FeliksXzl - Jan 9

1 by bossunhimeswitch »»
Jan 9, 10:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.