Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2021 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Miyamura's backstory...dark, gloomy and depressing, if I can call it that. Being an outcast when it comes to forming groups, I really feel for him as I've been in that state before. And it's pretty interesting that Hori managed to get it right with Miyamura the very first time, even as distant classmates...as weird as she is in Miyamura's POV.

3rd Year has started, and the character cast are all together in the same class. And immediately, a group session that has Miyamura spaced out, contemplating about "friends" in a clique. The talk with Ishikawa on the rooftop, from weirdness to friendship affirmation via first names, it lights up Miyamura's life, even for a little bit. If you're not familiar with someone, just add a -kun/-san/-chan at the back!

Hori and Remi may be awkward with each other, but definitely NOT when it comes to Miyamura. Boyfriend-girlfriend they're not, but they DO share a bond that is being threatened to be torn apart if Remi tries to snatch Miyamura away from her...even if it was just a joking tease that tries to dissect and distract Hori's thinking. Girl, you've gone too far with that one.

Spending more alone time together and watching horror movies, the discussion about hand comparisons leading to hand-holding "confessions" (hampered by translations due to the sub-topic of "I love you", referring to their hands instead), IT'S A SWEET MOMENT between the two as they inch ever closer bit-by-bit, family style with Hori's brother Souta.

The usual fight between Ishikawa and Miyamura, but this time between who Hori will like best. A psychological rom-com war it is one between guys, but turning full-on physical like child's play. Now, even Hori's friend Yuki knows what's going on, so let the rom-com game play its length!

Another lovely episode that grows fonder by each passing week.
KANLen09Jan 24, 2021 3:46 AM
Jan 23, 2021 8:04 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Well this really feels like Kaguya Sama now.
Jan 23, 2021 8:26 AM

Dec 2015
yo wheres the ep yall live in japan or something?
Jan 23, 2021 8:55 AM

Apr 2010
Things are progressing nicely, now they just need to final puch.

Anyway the fight somehow ended up well for them.
And Hori got some rivalry from a unexpected person even if she doesn't seem very serious.
Jan 23, 2021 9:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Hori really wants to keep Miyamura for herself, that's cute, the scene with the hands was cute too.
And there was a fight because Ishikawa said to Miyamura that Hori loves him... xD
Jan 23, 2021 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
This adaptation is really faithful to manga IMO. I can't write something very well but Miyamura's depiction was very detailed and thought-provoking.
I loved Miyamura and Ishikawa's some scenes. Their relationship also great.
Jan 23, 2021 9:33 AM

Feb 2019
Great episode with Miyamura backstory and we can slowly see the wheels of romance starting to turn.

Man, I love the nuances of Japanese. Non speakers won’t have appreciated the double entendre of that “suki da yo”. Because it’s ambiguous, it could refer to the hands or to the person you’re talking to.

Fun episode but I hate that they’ve skipped a few nice chapters.
Jan 23, 2021 9:40 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode again.

The simplest of things, like having a group for a report probably mean the most to Miyamura. Couldn't help but grin when everyone started to place their desks together around him and somehow it never occurred to him because of his past experiences.

I went back and reread some of the early manga chapters and damn they've skipped quite a lot of stuff, mostly just fluff and comedy scenarios but I'm genuinely surprised that the adaptation still feels so good in terms of pacing despite the amount of content they glossed over. That said, they can still choose to insert the stuff they skipped anywhere they wanted cause it wouldn't feel out of place because of the nature of the show.

Hori saying that she wanted to keep Miyamura to herself was adorable and the scene where they held hands and said they loved each other was super cute.

I can't help but praise the soundtrack, it's incredible and the way they sneak into various scenes, fantastic.

You'd think Tooru would win the fight but Miyamura's the one you don't mess with. xD
Jan 23, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
I really like how Hori declares that she wants to keep Miyamura for herself. It's a really bold move.
The moments when Hori and Miyamura stay together and holding hands was very sweet.
何それ?意味分かんない
Jan 23, 2021 9:42 AM

Aug 2013
Miyamura can be scary lol.
He really did beat up Ishikawa.

Loos like the romance is progressing smoothly.

Jan 23, 2021 9:45 AM

Jul 2017
Miyamura got a childhood trauma of being excluded, till Hori-san came to talk to him and not acting like others. She healed him.

Yeah Remi, stay away from Miyamura, he is Hori's, practically. Just a bit push is enough for her to declare it.

The holding hand scene, you can feel their deep bond and love for each other, and they are basically confesses to each other there alr, hahaha.

Miyamura and Tooru's friendship just got deeper aswell, exchanging feelings through each other's fist is such a bestfriends things to do for guys.

The pacing is still too good, couldn't asked for a better and more faithful adaptation.
Dec 2020
Nice episode, pretty fast compared to the manga but honestly I prefer it this way so far.

Seems to have reached chapter 13 of the manga so far (in 3 episodes) meaning that we might go as far as chapter 56 in these 13 episodes. Makes me happy because the anime version is great and I would rather see all the good scenes covered and adapted. Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Jul 2017
This episode feels like the previous two, not boring by any means and got decent visuals but feels all over the place and fast yet again, really leaving me a bit underwhelmed at the end. Nothing too different quality wise from the previous ones basically. I liked the horror movies segment with Hori and Miyamura the most I'd say from this episode, it was just simple without much corny elements of drama to it and had some fun with it too. Nice ending too with them holding hands as well. The Remi-Hori segment was just meh, and again, just comes out of nowhere.
Jan 23, 2021 9:49 AM
Oct 2016
The most emotional episode yet. I was nearly in tears at the beginning when they showed Miyamura feeling lonely during all his school days. That is something which hits very close to home for me so I empathized immensely with him there. Once they had that overhead shot of Hori, Toru and Yuki all going to Miyamura for that group report in class I almost bawled again. He's finally not alone anymore, it's so beautiful. Despite all that Miyamura still doesn't know if he's their friend or if they keep him around just because. Awful insecurities creeping up like they tend to do. We got lots of Miyamura and Toru being bros this episode. Their friendship is a highlight of the series, the two who would've never normally been friends but have bonded through their connects to Hori have now become good buddies. Toru getting frustrated with how Miyamura insecurity keeps him in denial of how Hori feels about him. Miyamura can get pretty scary if he gets startled the wrong way. Loved that scene at Hori house with her and Miyamura holding hands nearly saying I love you. Oh its too sweet for my heart. They're perfect for each other its not even funny, they just keep growing closer to one another.
Jan 23, 2021 9:50 AM
Jan 2021
When she said "I love you!" I fell out of my chair, then she said "I love your hands" and he replied "I love you!" that was fucking Insane
Jan 23, 2021 9:51 AM

Dec 2012
im a manga reader,,and im still enjoyed despite already know the story...then again i already forgot about early chapter story lol so it was good
Jan 23, 2021 9:52 AM
Sep 2015
I'll side with the one who doesn't involve in such a drama, and that is Souta!
Jan 23, 2021 9:54 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
The insight into Miyamura's past was pretty interesting. Looks like his gloomy self served to make it pretty miserable. The time for class placements is always a tense moment. Nice to see that it worked out in the end. In the present its nice to see Miyamura is no longer alone in group work. Looks like that headbutt last ep really served to raise Miyamura's ranking in Ayasaki's eyes. Guess running the house when her mothers out has made Hori pretty steady in her nerves. Looking at the injuries thats one hell of a fight that Miyamura and Toru got into. Can't believe how fast that fight escalated though. Overall an excellent ep that expanded a great deal on Miyamura's past as well as Hori's slowly developing feelings for Miyamura. Looks like the one step thats missing is Miyamura's acceptance of her feelings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2021 9:54 AM

Mar 2019
I'm confused if I remember correctly miyamura isnt supposed to confess in the hand holding scene. Did I miss something? This adaptation definitely does seem a bit all over the place.
Jan 23, 2021 9:55 AM

May 2015
The building up of their relationship is getting a bit fast paced, at least for me.
Jan 23, 2021 9:57 AM

Oct 2017
With the power of love Toru and Miyamura ended up in the same class XD.

The first half of this episode hit hard in the feels. Miyamura's backstory was portrayed really well and then we saw his current situation. He has friends now and I'm happy for him.

Lol Hori got trolled by Remi but thnx to that it's now confirmed Hori likes Miyamura and her feelings towards him are really strong. Loved it when she said Miyamura belongs to her and she won't give him to anyone else.

Dude that scene with Hori and Miyamura holding each others hands was too sweet and the feel was great damn. Just say that u love each other already.

Lmao Toru got beaten by Miyamura, poor guy. Thou didn't think Miyamura could actually hit someone like that.
Jan 23, 2021 10:00 AM

Sep 2019
Best episode so far. Hori and Izumi's hand holding was the best part of this episode. Both of them said I love you but couldn't be honest at the end and just steered it off at the last moment. Ishikawa and Izumi's fight was funny.
ACasualViewer said:
In what way lol?
Jan 23, 2021 10:08 AM

Jun 2019
Poor Miyamura and his backstory were a bit sad and then Hori comin' to his life. Maybe, that's when he falls for her. But they're cute together and that's what I mostly care about.
I love them. This show's really making me feel lonely as well. LoL
Jan 23, 2021 10:13 AM

Sep 2019
I'm glad that Miyamura finally found great friends, that scene was so sweet. The peak of this episode was when they holded hands and said I love you(r hands), it was really cute. I have only a little problem with this show so far and that's chapter skipping. Though, I don't mind it and I don't think it's a big problem. It was a great episode.
Jan 23, 2021 10:23 AM

Mar 2016
Another very pleasant, subtle, and nuanced episode. It does go pretty swift and skims through much of the stuff, but again, I personally think it's better for the anime adaptation overall so far. The visual motifs and directing is so quite solid, too, though not on the same level as Kaguya Sama, ofc.
Jan 23, 2021 10:25 AM
Feb 2019
As always, a great episode. Miyamura's backstory was kinda dark and sad. Glad that he's finally got people that appreciate him. Also that hand holding scene was really cute.
Jan 23, 2021 10:26 AM
Jul 2020
miyamura and ishikawa kun were so cute. the fight was really funny. it wasnt intense at all. i love this anime 🤣
Jan 23, 2021 10:39 AM

Jun 2020
Loving the OP more & more with every episode! Miyamura’s back story. One of my favourite chapters. Loved that rooftop scene with Ishikawa. He has found his people ♡

It’ll be okay. I wish I could go back ten years and tell myself that.
(;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`)

Ishikawa wasn’t very popular when they did one of the polls back then. I don’t see why! He’s the best.

Yuki & Remi are soooooo cute! I love the casting. Their voices are all great & suits them all perfectly, I really like Remi’s voice too. Now I’m REALLY hoping they will include the library chapter with her & Sengoku’s back story. More Sengoku pls!!!!!!

Omg the hands chapter hehehehee CUTEEEEE & the boys’ “fight” lololllll

Anyway it’s a great adaptation don’t get me wrong I’m really enjoying it but I still prefer the manga thus far. I know the chapters are relatively short to begin with but I feel like they are adapting it as it is. The transition between each moment & scene is not very subtle. They somehow feel isolated as a whole. I don’t know if I’m making any sense. It’s just how the direction is but it is a little jarring for me. Not really quite how I imagined it to be translated to the screen.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jan 23, 2021 10:39 AM

Aug 2017
Cute episode, but some parts feel very fast, it doesn't bother me that much though. And glad the fight wasn't anything serious.
Jan 23, 2021 10:42 AM
Sep 2014
The order of the events is off compared to the manga. In the manga, the fight happens prior to Hori and Miyamura holding hands, which makes more sense based on what the fight was about. Miyamura was genuinely clueless about Hori's feelings for him. He also doesn't say "I love/like you" in response during the hand scene, he just says "I also like your hands" after Hori plays dumb.

Still a great adaptation so far, but I think they should've stuck to the order of events from the manga.
Jan 23, 2021 10:46 AM

Jul 2017
lol sadistic Miyamura finally makes his appearance, not the last time for sure when good ol'childhood friend finally makes an appearance

also

terowyn said:
The order of the events is off compared to the manga. In the manga, the fight happens prior to Hori and Miyamura holding hands, which makes more sense based on what the fight was about. Miyamura was genuinely clueless about Hori's feelings for him. He also doesn't say "I love/like you" in response during the hand scene, he just says "I also like your hands" after Hori plays dumb.

Still a great adaptation so far, but I think they should've stuck to the order of events from the manga.

yea I'm not sure what the plan with the direction choices were with this ep

Jan 23, 2021 10:48 AM

Mar 2020
ACasualViewer said:

Even tho the manga was released 4 years earlier...
But trust me it’s not, things are going to get serious really fast in episode or two, there is no beating around the bush here like in Kaguya.
Jan 23, 2021 11:02 AM

Oct 2017
I relate quite a lot to Miyamura in some ways... always being excluded from groups, being alone all the time. It sucks, and I'm glad that he has ended up making friends (now I wish the same for me...).

The talk about their hands was super cute. Hori said the first "I love you..." but backtracked to talking about his hands again. Oh how I wish it was an actual confession <3

Miyamura and Ishikawa have a nice bromance going on... they call each other by their first names, but the next day Miyamura reverts back to a last-name basis. Later on, they get in a fight about Hori. I wasn't expecting Miyamura to win, especially by such a large margin.

Looking forward to next week's episode! I read the manga once-upon-a-time, but it's been so long that I don't remember much of what happens next, so I'm excited to see the story progress!!! :)
Jan 23, 2021 11:04 AM
Feb 2018
Wow. That was an amazing episode. When I first read the chapter this episode was based off I was increased sad and happy, the anime has done that above and beyond. Honestly I loved this episode but God darn I felt so single
Jan 23, 2021 11:09 AM

Sep 2020
When my man Miyamura said that he loved her while they held hands I had a whole ass dopamine aneurysm dude that was amazing

ik the fight wasn't the most serious but it still didn't feel good to see them mad at each other during the end there :(

i'm real happy that there's a good romance/drama show on this season, im loving this so far

watch this and your dick (or vagayna) will literally blow off with the sheer amount of force and momentum created by inertia and Einsteins second law :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJuefY2tG1lB9q7QaFJQLQ
Jan 23, 2021 11:17 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Love how they could have made this overly dramatic, but it remains fun and light hearted at its core. And any time when two lovebirds hold hands without sweating profusely and making it awkward is a WIN. Just some I love you’s casually exchanged and they move on with the day, things remain chill the following day and they’re not blushing uncontrollably when they see each other. Even a petty fight is not given the implications of having the other dude be a final boss at the end of the season. Instead it takes the mature route, both parties owning up to their actions and wanting to make it up to the other for it.

Watching that jaka tomozaki kun whatever show about the loser who plays games and doesn’t know how to talk to people. Was kind of getting flamed for not liking that show. Now that guy and miyamura are both loners, what makes them different? Well you are at least miyamura is cool, funny, and not a complete baby that needs to have his hand held all the way to get back into society, which the other guy is. Tomozaki is painful to watch, but horimiya? A joy and a pleasure.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 23, 2021 11:30 AM

Feb 2011
terowyn said:

I think the hands scene was pretty much the same, it was just translated differently? i could be wrong though. It would be nice if someone that read the original/japanese version of the manga would confirm this, i think he says it in the same way.
Jan 23, 2021 11:38 AM
Sep 2019
ACasualViewer said:
Nah, that anime’s characters feel a lot more immature compared to those in Horimiya. Took a frustratingly long time for the leads in Kaguya to confess due to pride and whatnot. Really don’t see the appeal.
Jan 23, 2021 11:38 AM
Jan 2021
This is the best anime and the ending tho he is so scary.
Jan 23, 2021 11:46 AM
Jul 2020
Another amazing episode a bounch of cute scenes things are getting heated
Jan 23, 2021 11:47 AM
Jul 2018
Okay, so they kinda messed up a lot with that fight. There's too much stuff in this one episode, with Souta, Miyamura's backstory, Ayasaki and then the hand holding scene, which felt like a proper place to end the episode but then it continued anyway. The fight that was supposed to happen before the hand holding scene, which emotionally still feels like a resolution, but to conflict that started after the scene ended, happened after and ruined a perfect place to end the episode. It makes no sense and also reveals that the staff doesn't have quite the right priorities when it comes to choosing how to structure and pace the anime. Either that or they were tasked with adapting way more than necessary. Also, the gay jokes are pretty bad, although ( unfortunately ) nowhere near the worst offenders. The music is great though, as are the visuals, so I guess the anime is still fine in general.
Jan 23, 2021 12:05 PM
May 2019
the episode did too much imo. and the fight scene was supposed to be before (?) the love declaration scene. if the episode ended on the love declaration it would've been perfect. also have never seen an anime where love is declared on the 3rd episode but im gonna keep an open mind. i like how the show remains light hearted even through something that is supposed to be serious. despite the show being a bit too fast paced for me, im still enjoying it.
SkarokinJan 23, 2021 12:14 PM
Jan 23, 2021 12:09 PM

Apr 2020
xiMii said:
im a manga reader,,and im still enjoyed despite already know the story...then again i already forgot about early chapter story lol so it was good

same, I forgot the early story but it's still really something I look forward to every week to watch.
Jan 23, 2021 12:12 PM

Jul 2020
Yuki's smile and laugh were so heartwarming, knowing the reason behind the fight but couldn't tell Kyoko about it because Izumi told her so
Jan 23, 2021 12:15 PM

May 2015
Top 10 anime fights for sure.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 23, 2021 12:26 PM
Jan 2021
tbh i dont think i can go back to liking 3D boys after this lol
Jan 23, 2021 12:35 PM

Mar 2019
That's a bro-romance. You fight, you punch each other and in the end you simply apoplogize, everything is fine again.

But the winner of the fight is clear...I hope this doesn't change their friendship later on.
Jan 23, 2021 12:42 PM
Jan 2018
I absolutely LOVED this episode!!!

It was so intriguing to learn about Miyamura’a past. ALSO HE CAN FIGHT?! It seems like we just learn more and more about Miyamura as time goes on, I love his character development.

When him and Hori held hands I MELTED! And it’s so sweet they’ve been spending time alone. I also am enjoying seeing more of the dynamic between all the characters as well.

I get soooo excited every week for this anime, I can’t wait for more eps!!!

Miyamura so far might be one of my fav male characters bc he’s just so effortlessly perfect ;-;
Jan 23, 2021 12:48 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
Looking at Miyamura's childhood, I know how it feels to be the odd man out for activities and games. Even when I'm with a group of people I know, I still feel like I'm by myself.

We almost got a confession out of Hori, but I guess we have to wait a little longer for her to be honest with his feelings.
Jan 23, 2021 1:09 PM
King

Apr 2016
That was the weakest fight ever.
These sig updates harder den a bih to keep up wit
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

411 by Psychimera »»
Jul 2, 6:47 AM

» Anyone else who dislikes Hori? ( 1 2 )

Shiyuru99 - Feb 6, 2021

79 by Fujiwara_Chika04 »»
Jul 2, 12:17 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

153 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 19, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

166 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 18, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

218 by AwesomeAli2832 »»
Jun 18, 4:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.