Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Horimiya
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 13, 2021 7:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, that Honoka girl has an attitude towards Miyamura. After seeing her attachment to Hori, I'm not surprised to see why.

They managed to find a VA that perfectly suits her personality if you ask me. Her scenes were hilarious especially whenever she interacts with Miyamura.
Feb 13, 2021 8:36 AM

Apr 2010
Cutting his hair because he was feeling bad about how others viewed Hori was nice of him, still other could also just respect their relationship.
Also Hori's father was again really funny.
And now there is Sawada who seems to have a lot of trouble with men.
Her feelings for Hori where a bit unexpected but it made for some funny scenes.
Still i hope they can help her out a bit with her personal life.
Feb 13, 2021 9:16 AM
Sep 2019
Brandon_Lowe said:
so i am a few minutes into episode 6 and, are hori and miyamura considered to be boyfriend and girlfriend officially or not quite yet????
They are. Hori claimed him as her boyfriend last episode when her father asked whether or not the two were dating.
Feb 13, 2021 9:19 AM

Jul 2020
Episode was great as usual! Found it especially funny with the ug of war scene with Hori in the middle! Miyamura's haircut really changed how he was perceived. At the end scene was, lets just say cute. The father is really getting abused lol.
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Feb 13, 2021 9:20 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nooooo he cut his hair, he was better with long hair in my opinion xD
And wow Miyamura really kissed Hori because of the candy, too bad they couldn't kiss at the end because of the father
Seems like there is a loli who's in love with Hori... and she's also Miyamura's neighbor lol
But well the story around her brother seems pretty sad, I guess there will be a drama with that.
Feb 13, 2021 9:23 AM

Jun 2019
LMAO Hori's father is a hilarious one. Damn, the rumors spread like wildfire in the school about Miyamura and Hori's relationship.
Miyamura with short hair looks good. Well, you can already tell by everyone's reaction at the school, especially the girls. Hori with that cold glare. Lol
And, what's wrong with that girl Honoka. Well, can't help it. Can you?
Feb 13, 2021 9:28 AM
Aug 2020
Funniest episode of the season so far ?
Feb 13, 2021 9:29 AM

Feb 2019
Still hate how they’ve skipped so many chapters, but this was a really good episode. Hori’s reaction to Miyamura cutting his hair was exactly how I envisioned it lol.

I wonder if they’ll skip THAT scene next week..

Horimiya continues to be top 3 of the season
Feb 13, 2021 9:29 AM
Jul 2020
Finally my favourite horimiya character honoka makes her appearance and have to say it clover works nailed it and her VA is also good.
Also haircut miyamura maybe some people will not like it but it's what it is.
Loved the episode
Feb 13, 2021 9:30 AM
Sep 2015
Her father make a move on him much more than he make a move on her LOL
Feb 13, 2021 9:33 AM
Apr 2016
I like how they established that she likes Hori so that once she goes into Izumi's apartment, it doesn't feel all too annoying for us. I'm still not a fan of this addition, though.

A ton of cute romance this episode and a lot of funny moments, really enjoyed it!
Feb 13, 2021 9:37 AM
Jul 2020
The reaction shots are amazing. I really like the art style!
Feb 13, 2021 9:38 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode as always.

I love how everyone in the Hori household treats Kyousuke like he's the extra member and not Miyamura. xD

Miyamura cut his hair so people wouldn't constantly gossip about their relationship and it worked, props to him for doing it even though he wanted to keep his hair long to avoid people seeing his piercings. Everyone's reactions especially Hori and Shindo were great and the scene with Hori taking pictures was great.

The kiss was too sweet and I loved the scene with Hori trying to asking Miyamura why he doesn't make any moves.
Honoka is fun, loved the part with her and Miyamura fighting over Hori. I'm sure she'll warm upto him eventually.

I don't remember how far into the manga this is but it definitely feels like they are skipping a lot of fluff chapters because I don't think Miyamura cut his hair this fast. It took a while.
Feb 13, 2021 9:41 AM

Apr 2014
Hori uses Blizzard, "It's super effective!"
Such a cute and lovely episode. When Hori and Miyamura are officially a couple things get sweeter and sweeter between them. I would prefer Miyamura with his usual long hair.
Honoka's past was very sad. But the scene when she and Miyamura are fighting over Hori at the school is really funny.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 13, 2021 9:44 AM
Jun 2020
csw said:
The reaction shots are amazing. I really like the art style!
This art style definitely suits Horimiya so well
Feb 13, 2021 9:45 AM

Oct 2017
Miyamura with short hair looks kind of refreshing but I'd prefer him with long hair too. Also Honoka's finally here and she's amusing.
Feb 13, 2021 9:50 AM

May 2020
Sawada literally looks like the girl version of Miyamura xD
Feb 13, 2021 9:50 AM

Mar 2020
Miyamura and Hori were caught leaving the same house together so it was revealed that the two of them were dating. To stop all the gossip in the school about Hori, Miyamura cuts his hair, revealing his ear piercings.

Sawada has a crush on Hori not Miyamura, that's a twist. Sawada and Miyamura are fighting over Hori now, I can't help but laugh watching the both of them especially when they found out they live right beside each other xD.

Feb 13, 2021 9:55 AM

Apr 2020
Nice way for me to start off Valentines' Day with some sweet Horimiya episode.

Rumors do spread fast and annoy at the same time, but ayy we finally got to see Izumi cutting his hair! We got the new character Honoka, and yep...she's pretty fucking annoying. Also Honoka looks like Yukino from Oregairu, discount the red hairtie and her being more smaller.

So our girl that are uncomfortable with boys has her first crush on Hori. But since Kyouko is taken now, it's on Honoka's sights to pester the boy who took Hori's heart. Although the thing about Honoka's older bro was enough to compensate her nuisance in Hori and Miyamura.

Also SWEET SWEET moments between Hori and Miyamura this week. Our boi just catching Hori's candy in a SURPRISE...was it a kiss? Or did he only get the candy but not the lips? Either way, I was screaming as hell in that moment (on silence).

Also by the end, they were almost and WAS ABOUT to kiss, but damn you Kyousuke for ruining the moment. Kyouko this week is really menacing with her cold glares, she is protective. SHE IS A KEEPER AND A PROTECTOR, FOLKS.

GUESS WHO GOT AN AWARD THIS EPISODE:

Happy Valentines' Day! For all you (poor) people who have a date, enjoy this day (hope it results to something good).

And for those who are still single, just watch some animes to console your lonely, hopeless, and strong heart.
Feb 13, 2021 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
When I first read the manga, around 2016/2017 I think, I was still pretty easy to please and didn't pay much attention to how certain characters were written and portrayed. Especially in the anime there's quite a lot of casual homophobia which could easily be cut out or rewritten into something more acceptable, but the staff is apparently more interested in rushing through the material and sometimes even changing the order of events for no reason. Two guys being a bit more than mildly friendly made Hori call them creepy and then the anime just moves on as if there was nothing to comment on here. Sawada is a pretty bad cliche, immediately ridiculed for a quick laugh. Also, I don't like her voice, but that's beside the point. There's even more bad stuff later on in the manga, but I guess unless they skip even more chapters or the anime gets season 2, the worst won't get animated. I hope. Honestly, this anime is disappointing, but while there's a lot that the staff could have done better, I have to admit that I should have realized just how many problems the source material has. I guess I'm partially guilty for my own disappointment, although not as much as the people in charge of the adaptation. Anyway, I don't think it's bad enough to warrant a drop, most of the story is fine and also it looks and sounds very good.
Feb 13, 2021 10:00 AM
Apr 2020
Miyamura cut his hair AND we met Sawada.
10/10 Episode.
Feb 13, 2021 10:03 AM
Sep 2020
For anyone wondering, they adapted everything from chapter 26 and 27, Sawada part from chapter 29, everything from chapter 30 and almost all of chapter 31.

I think they should have animated chapter 28 because it's pretty wholesome.

I wonder if THAT chapter will be next ep or the episode after that, but guessing by the pacing it will most likely be next ep so get ready boysss.
Feb 13, 2021 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
lmao this episode was so nice, new girl is pretty cool, kinda interesting with her brother and stuff. short hair miyamura looks really cool, that scene where he stole the candy was quite surprising. also, this anime has lots of kinda gay characters, like miyamura's friend with the candy and that new girl.
Feb 13, 2021 10:07 AM
Feb 2021
you guys are missing the point why he cut his hair.Yes it might have looked better but that hair reminded him of when he was in a bad place.The piercing and tattoos where his way of dealing with his low self esteem and lonely ness.The long hair also. When he cut his hair he did it because his self esteem was better he had good friends and a girlfriend. That just my opinion
Feb 13, 2021 10:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Its unfortunate that the news of them dating got leaked so early though. Those comments about Miyamura were so cruel. Still changing his look so dramatically in response was a bit over the top though understandable i guess. Those sweets sure had some weird flavours though. To think that Hori would have such a determined fan girl in the form of Sawada though. To think that Sawada and Miyamura not only live in the same apartment but the same floor as well. Not to mention being next door neighbours as well. Still the insight into Sawada's inner trauma was insightful. Overall an interesting ep that did well to introduce the character of Sawada as well as reveal to the school the nature of Hori and Miyamura's relationship. I get the feeling that there's more to Sawada than a typical fan girl though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2021 10:10 AM

Jan 2021
Some great interplay between the characters. There's something really special in the interactions between Hori's family and Miyamura - the "see you again" moment in the beginning was so wholesome. Love the dynamic Sawada adds. A fantastic anime.
Feb 13, 2021 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
I could finally see Miyamura's new looking. He is very handsome as always.
Hori and Miyamura's relationship is getting better in every episodes. Great couple :D
Feb 13, 2021 10:14 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
No signs of slowing down but this was a pretty good episode nonetheless.

Sleeping over and Kyousuke-san's peril continues xD. Interesting tidbit on this I've left below, albeit spoiler for anime-onlines. 3 horror movies without toilet break is serious bad news, I got to admit.

Nasty little rumours behind the backs to follow however and expectedly so, sadly. But that haircut and ikemen look vibrating shutting it all up is just so satisfying, lol. Of course it wouldn't last long in any case, though.

Except Sawada-san, lol. Also, that twist was perfect lmao. Would've been a good stopping point right there, imo. Kind of took away the impact of her familial loss but well. Miyamura scaring the flirters "accidentally", lol.

At this pace, something interesting ought to drop next week. Definitely interested to see how Cloverworks will handle it.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Feb 13, 2021 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
be4 said:
Sawada literally looks like the girl version of Miyamura xD

yeah ikr, i thought she was his sister or something at first
Feb 13, 2021 10:21 AM

Jul 2017
HAH Best Dad Kyosuke still roasting Miyamura in small ways, but adapting to Hori's family slowly.

Sure enough, Hori and Miyamura's situation created quite the murmur in school, and everyone has a reason to bitch about it (which is quite the societal norm). THAT IS...until Miyamura showed up with short hair showed some change for Summer, from the creep to the most popular guy in class.

Shindo's reaction might just be the biggest surprise impression of all from Miyamura's change. The candy feeding session of weird flavours...WHAT A BIG MOMENT for Miyamura stealing candy straight from Hori's mouth, a direct kiss that's just as sweet and SMOOTH.

The first agitator: junior Honoka Sawada, and the stalking jealousy only ires the confrontation between her and Miyamura, go figure. I find it quite the irritation that she has a brocon, but hopefully that "relationship" will improve soon.

Another splendid episode as always.
Feb 13, 2021 10:23 AM

May 2015
Poor daddy. All he got is punishment.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Feb 13, 2021 10:25 AM

Jul 2017
well with Sawada's appearance there's only one more "main" character left to be introduced lol. Tbh Sawada is my least fav character in this but she does get more fun with her interactions with Iura :P

But damn, already on the post-Miyamura haircut? Wow at this pace next ep is gonna be
Feb 13, 2021 10:25 AM
Jul 2020
this anime is killing me. the kiss was cute ;; i want a miyamura too
Feb 13, 2021 10:27 AM

Jan 2021
Xd I think Hori's father is the best.
Noooo, the hair... I like more the long
Sawada is Miyamura's neighbour, wow, what a coincidence
Feb 13, 2021 10:30 AM
Mar 2015
Good progress Dad is in for it
Feb 13, 2021 10:31 AM

Sep 2019
I liked Miyamura with tied back hair more but he's hot with short hair too. I didn't expect Sawada to be in love with Hori lol. She's cute as well. Hori's dad was funny as always. Hori is saying that Miyamura doesn't make moves on her but he made the first move on many things such as confession and kiss. That "candy tasting" move was so smooth from Miyamura.
Feb 13, 2021 10:35 AM

Apr 2020
Well now we have a Small Loli girl that is in love with Horimiya

Oh well lol, this episode was fine
At least they kissed in this episode, or should I say “eating candy” hahahaha
Nina supporter for life💕
Feb 13, 2021 10:39 AM
Jul 2020
I do not like this honoka chick ngl. Other then that this was a nice episode the scenes felt a little rushed tho ngl.
Izumi making moves on Kyo thats for shure stealing her candy that was hot
Feb 13, 2021 10:43 AM
Dec 2020
Honestly I think Izumi is very bold and feels very out of this character
Feb 13, 2021 10:44 AM

Aug 2020
Yesss here comes Sawada!! I was wondering what her voice was gonna be like and it suits her perfectly! The scenes with her and Miyamura fight over Hori were perfectly executed with the facial expressions and everything!

Kyosuke couldn't have had worse timing forgetting his wallet..
clannad is the greatest piece of fiction to ever exist.
Feb 13, 2021 10:44 AM
Jan 2021
Okay that ending scream from Hori's father cracked me up. I love perfectly cut screams.
Feb 13, 2021 10:50 AM
Jul 2018
Kinda miss Miyamura with his long hair, but I’m liking the new change at the same time.

Totally thought that Sawada was Miyamura’s sister, but then remembered that he was an only child. She’s a great addition to the cast haha.

Overall this episode was actually pretty funny and had some pretty good laughs, though I was hoping Sakura was gonna get a little time to shine.
Feb 13, 2021 10:52 AM
Jan 2020
This was such a cute episode. I went KAWAIIII all the way. The whole grade knows about the couple and we have Sawada who is a new character and is third wheeling them. Well Miyamura did pull of two moves this episode. One day before 14th Feb and this is what we get to see. JUST GREAT.
Feb 13, 2021 10:56 AM

Jul 2020
Noo I was sitting at the edge of my chair until the dad interrupted them! Like he was purposely waiting behind the door. I still love the Hori's dad though :D
Feb 13, 2021 10:57 AM
Wings

Apr 2017
Miyamura clutches a 1v3 with just one stare. What an absolute Chad.

Its also nice to see the ball keep rolling on both the story and on Horimiya's relationship.

We see Miyamura with a new haircut, we are introduced to the character of Sawada, one half-kiss moment and another almost-kiss moment etc.
Feb 13, 2021 10:57 AM
May 2017
Damn almost 5 chapters in 1 episode
Feb 13, 2021 11:01 AM
Jan 2021
I have a feeling that miya is gonna become that first years new older brother, that’d be nice and it’s add to the show cuz like... she lesbian
Feb 13, 2021 11:03 AM

Oct 2020
I like how the girls in Miyamura’s class went from badmouthing him to fawning over him with just one haircut. Miyamura taking candy from Hori’s mouth with his own like it’s the most natural thing in the world...so smooth. Also did not expect Sawada to have a crush on Hori.

Feb 13, 2021 11:05 AM
Jan 2021
NgaiTranAnh said:
Funniest episode of the season so far ?

Agreed, I was just thinking the same. Adorable and hilarious!
Feb 13, 2021 11:17 AM
Oct 2018
Another funny and good episode. Have been very satisfied with the adaptation so far. Now just can't wait for next week to see how they will handle that chapter, or if they will skip it (really hope they don't, cause a very important development in my opinion and also the root cause of one of my favorite funny moments (semi-spoiler ahead(just a moment and not the context of it))
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2021

406 by whitebeartigtig »»
Yesterday, 7:31 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2021

152 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:43 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2021

165 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2021

217 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Horimiya Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2021

216 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 22, 7:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.