Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2020 6:58 AM

Jan 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Wow! Goddamn! What an epic fight! Loved Regulus voice acting and he is so goddamn OP. Probably my third fav character now. Regulus broke Crusch's arm and Rem's guard by just looking AT THEM?!!
Ley was kind of badass. But white fox did this fight in an absolutely fantastic way. ITADAKIMASU!
Emilia hugging Subaru from behind was so adorable.
Also Emilia's heartfelt speech in helping Subaru plus Emilia's determination in doing so was so moving. Made me cry!
11/10 episode!
swirlydragonSep 4, 2020 2:38 PM

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Jul 8, 2020 7:00 AM

Oct 2015
So it's really just a normal length ?
Jul 8, 2020 7:01 AM

Apr 2020
Re:Suffering Life in Another World Episode 26 - Each One's Promises

Damn. That grand entrance of Sin Archbishop of Greed, Regulus and Sin Archbishop of Gluttony, Ley was awesome. Crusch hand gets cut, Rem died and Ley ate her memories and name, and so does Rem. That's why Emilia and others can't remember her. Oh shit, Subaru's throat stab was so painful (though I liked it). Will watch it again on Crunchyroll later Felis hated Emilia now because of what happened to Crusch. But, it's seems like she he calmed too (Oh god, why he was he!?).

Damn yes! No cliffhanger. Next time, we will get an op and ed. Kudos, White fox!

Earlier, it's Hanazawa and Ono's marriage announcement. Now, Emilia and Subaru's back hug. Damn, lucky bastards.

Edit: I forgot to add the flashbacks of Rem before she lost her memories. Here it is. Damn, really F for Rem.

Mod edit: Added spoilers for the other screenshots. Please only use one screenshot in the future.
DeadlyRavenJul 9, 2020 4:17 AM
Jul 8, 2020 7:07 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So great to see it's back, it's going to be absolutely good
Jul 8, 2020 7:10 AM

Oct 2017
Good to have Re:Zero back after so long and this is still as painful as before. My sweet Rem fought but two arcbishop of the witch cult was too much for her. Till the end she believed in Subaru "Someday my hero will definitely come". Have a good sleep Rem, Subaru will definitely save you someday.

Subaru dead multiple times already, I'm sure he tried a lot of times to save Rem but failed. Already feel bad for the guy. Nice to see Emilia tan comforting a heart broken Subaru. They had some sweet moments in this episode.

Well I'm hoping to see character development for Emilia, she's the heroine of this series but we've hardly seen her do anything of much value. Hopefully that will happen in this season now that Rem is out of the picture.

Great start to Re:Zero season 2. It will be hard to watch this series without Rem but I'll just have to endure and wait for her to wake up.
MegamiRemJul 12, 2020 2:07 AM
Jul 8, 2020 7:10 AM

May 2016
I saw it live but I have no idea what they are saying lol

Anyways, the fight was great. Overall animation tho, some scenes look eh...Chile... White Fox, what’s good????

Rem 🥺

Edit: It might be me watching a low quality live stream 💀. It looks much better in HQ.
TeamDalaiLanaJul 9, 2020 6:35 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jul 8, 2020 7:11 AM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned

It's been 10 minutes and I already have to clean this thread.

1. Please do not ask where to watch. Your post will be removed without notice. If you do it multiple times, you might get a spam warning.
  2. Please be very careful with spoilers and use the spoiler tag accordingly.
    [spoiler]your text goes here[/spoiler]

3. No off-topic posts about the reviews. If you see early or spam reviews, please report them.
Jul 8, 2020 7:13 AM
Jul 2015
TeamDalaiLana said:

Anyways, the fight was great. Overall animation tho ehhhh some scenes look badly drawn Chile... White Fox what’s good???? I knew this would happen when Cautious Hero was delayed multiple times due to production issues.

Isn’t the first episode usually the best looking? Errrmmm

Welp! 2020 but they can't pull some good art after made a lot of money. Disappointed

Jul 8, 2020 7:17 AM

Jan 2017
ManhDang94 said:
Welp! 2020 but they can't pull some good art after made a lot of money. Disappointed

Well the animation was just like season 1 and also remember that these guys were working in this current pandemic

Jul 8, 2020 7:19 AM

Oct 2015
ManhDang94 said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

Anyways, the fight was great. Overall animation tho ehhhh some scenes look badly drawn Chile... White Fox what’s good???? I knew this would happen when Cautious Hero was delayed multiple times due to production issues.

Yous should understand that's the reason they need to delayed it to summer, and made it in split cour
Jul 8, 2020 7:20 AM
Jul 2015
swirlydragon said:
ManhDang94 said:

Well the animation was just like season 1 and also remember that these guys were working in this current pandemic

After 4 years and we can only get a 2016 quality? Disappointed. About the corona virus, not only Re:Zero, let's see which is the worst show this summer
Prog_upworks13 said:

Yous should understand that's the reason they need to delayed it to summer, and made it in split cour

Yes! That's why. If they can't pull some decent art and animation, just keep delaying it. All their fault for making their choice

Jul 8, 2020 7:21 AM

May 2016
ManhDang94 said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

It doesn't look “bad“ but there are random flat looking scenes that really stood out lol. It’s just a few seconds but it’s still noticeable.
TeamDalaiLanaJul 8, 2020 7:29 AM
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jul 8, 2020 7:24 AM
Jul 2015
JuzuX said:
ManhDang94 said:
[
After 4 years and we can only get a 2016 quality? Disappointed. About the corona virus, not only Re:Zero, let's see which is the worst show this summer

Lol. If I were you, don't focus on animation, focus on the plot. Animation has nothing to do with the plot

Lul! Please, I've read till arc 6, I know everything, I just want a good adaptation.

Jul 8, 2020 7:26 AM

Jan 2017
ManhDang94 said:

WhiteFox is not Ufotable. Even Cautious Hero didn't have top tier animation and I think it was released before the pandemic. But yeah, at some scenes the animation was lacking for Re:Zero

Jul 8, 2020 7:26 AM

Apr 2020
ManhDang94 said:

Lol. If I were you, don't focus on animation, focus on the plot and characters. Animation has nothing to do with it. And, if you were just pirating this stuff, you have no rights to complain
Jul 8, 2020 7:29 AM

Apr 2020
Finally season 2 release!

So Emilia forgot about Rem? and I feel bad, seeing Rem unconscious
Jul 8, 2020 7:31 AM
Jul 2015
JuzuX said:
ManhDang94 said:

Lol. If I were you, don't focus on animation, focus on the plot and characters. Animation has nothing to do with it. And, if you were just pirating this stuff, you have no rights to complain

I bought many Re:Zero goods, I supported them. You tell me I can't complain. Well, you are just similar to some fanboys come from reddit, over-protecting the show.

Jul 8, 2020 7:31 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Oops, my season 1 memory is pretty hazy, might need to rewatch. A decent start.

4/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Jul 8, 2020 7:37 AM
Jul 2015
swirlydragon said:
ManhDang94 said:

WhiteFox is not Ufotable. Even Cautious Hero didn't have top tier animation and I think it was released before the pandemic. But yeah, at some scenes the animation was lacking for Re:Zero

Yes. In a PV thread from few days ago, I already saw the lack of the animation. So sad

Jul 8, 2020 7:41 AM

Nov 2016
The new season has finally started, let's see what we got

10% development

90% Rem! Rem! Remuuu!

Not a bad episode, but lol, sucks that Crusch got wrecked. Hope she can redeem herself and prove that she's truly the best girl.

ManhDang94 said:
TeamDalaiLana said:

Jfl, what does the year have to do with it?

@Juzux it's ok to be butthurt, embrace it
FMmatronJul 8, 2020 7:58 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 8, 2020 7:46 AM
Jun 2020
little bit sad i though its gonna be a 50 min episode but overall i did enjoy this episode and im hyped for more
Jul 8, 2020 7:46 AM

Feb 2020
Jul 8, 2020 7:48 AM

Feb 2016
Finally! Too bad it's a normal length episode. Well at least it's not getting delayed

Edit: Just saw an Easter egg here
Feels bad man

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJul 9, 2020 4:08 AM
Jul 8, 2020 7:54 AM
Jul 2015
Watching it. There are some bad frames, I don't mind it, be used to it with the season 1 rushing 2nd cour. What made me disappointed is the way they did this, well the drama is meh. The second half seems better. 3/5
I understand Japanese just in case.

EDIT: Ley's VA did good, Regulus's VA kinda bad
DirtyOldGuyJul 8, 2020 8:03 AM

Jul 8, 2020 7:56 AM

Jul 2017
It's finally time to see more of Re:Zero, 4 years after the original runaway series that has garnered such a reputation.

Rightaway, Petra sticking close to Subaru sure riles up the jealousy between her and Emilia-tan. That's all from the flashback of Season 1's final moments of the last episode, with Rem's disappearing presence, and especially Emilia's look on his face. Most certainty the White Whale's capture was a successful one for the surviving rest, but this journey is FAR FROM OVER.

Facing off the unforeseen Regulus and Ley is essentially a death threat right from the get-go, and not to mention his OP status that not even Crusch and Rem can aim to defeat, much less damage them EVEN A SINGLE SCRATCH.

Subaru's troubles are only just starting NOW...and his "Return by Death" signiature move (I can foresee) will be used VERY excessively this season (but that depends on our boy to make the right decisions, LN readers please no spoilers).

Still, with Emilia's presence running around, the Witches of Sin are not an afterthought, and Felix was quick to judge, but just as quick to be straightforward with Subaru (while Wilhelm facilitiates the discussion). The threat is real, but going forward, it's a jouney of high risks, and everyone's in danger if the path is not treaded properly.

White Fox's animation isn't as glamorous, but thank God for them to prevail through the COVID season and get the anime done, even if it means postponing a season BEHIND.

It's up to Subaru to make the decisions once again for Rem, and a lot of uncertainties in the long run, as much as Emilia is giving him physical and emotional encouragement. to move on. Really excited for what lies ahead.

Another great premiere of an episode, THE HYPE IS REAL.
KANLen09Jul 8, 2020 8:00 AM
Jul 8, 2020 7:58 AM

Jul 2017
The best isekai is back. It's been four years since the first episode of season 1, i can't believe !!! I hope they keep up the same quality of production.

Dramatic first episode ! As always, unexpected terrible things are happening... Poor Rem = / I hope Subaru can save her.

These witch cult arch-bishop are terrifing. The white whale was just a pet ? o.O

So much things going on !! Also, Emilia looks as cute as ever

4/5

Nov 2011
Seems everyone but Subaru lost their memories of Rem. Ouch. I do also find it kinda funny they threw in a Emilia love joke from the start

Nice to see some other familiar faces back like Crusch. And I'm also glad they didn't do unnecessary recap for the first episode. It's off to a nice start so far for setting up for the rest of the season/arc.

No OP/ED theme song yet but I think they'll have it next time. Also, this show is a split cour with 25 episodes total according to recent BD/DVD listings.

Dec 2019
What a great way to start off this season! The animation can be better but am not complaining.

Rip Rem's screen time, I suppose we can call her sleeping beauty (Okay I'll stop now)

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

Jul 8, 2020 8:01 AM
Mar 2020
Who's Rem? 😢 No, this episode hit me right in the feels!
Jul 8, 2020 8:01 AM
Oct 2019
Arc IV officially starts next episode
Benjiman16Jul 8, 2020 8:07 AM
Jul 8, 2020 8:02 AM

Oct 2018
swirlydragon said:

Wow! Goddamn! What an epic fight! Loved Regulus voice acting and he is so goddamn OP. Probably my third fav character now. Regulus broke Rem's guard by just looking AT HER?!!

Yeah man, Regulus is the perfect psycho-badass in Re:Zero for me. Doesn't get as much respect as he deserves.
Jul 8, 2020 8:03 AM

Oct 2018
Yes, my friends. It really hurts me, but I must say it:

RE:ZERO IS THE BEST ANIME OF HISTORY
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jul 8, 2020 8:03 AM

Jan 2016
It's finally here! The time has come for one of the greatest arcs ever written (LN and Mangawise) to get its anime treatment!

I'm not disappointed at all so far, the animation wasn't perfect but it wasn't close to bad. I'm also gonna cut them some slack because of the ongoing pandemic and stuff like that.

swirlydragon said:

And when Rem also got a glimpse of Rem IF route where she and Subaru are married before her memory was erased- that gave me goosebumps.
ITADAKIMASU!

Couldn't have said it better myself, just goosebumps!
FireFistYKJul 8, 2020 8:07 AM
Jul 8, 2020 8:05 AM

May 2016
The long wait is finally over, I’m glad I could hold the LN and wait for the anime.
Jul 8, 2020 8:06 AM

Mar 2012
Oh man i knew it was coming but.

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYyyy

Ok now that is out of my system, man this was a great start, let us all suffer together and watch this epic journey continue :)
Jul 8, 2020 8:07 AM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
This was a great episode! We've finally gotten to the point where despite Subaru's ability, there are still real consequences outside the psyche of our main character. That means everything is going to get more interesting from here on out!
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 8, 2020 8:08 AM

Sep 2018
Ah the suffering returns...
Glad to see Subaru's Seiyuu and his amazing performance!
well that's just my opinion.....

Jul 2014
I am so fcking lost HAHAHAHA, I forgot almost everything that happened in season 1 outside of watching the OVA's that came out... I kid you not I almost really asked myself during Subaru's consecutive REMUUU chants "who tf was Remu aga...oh Rem the blue oni gal that Inorin voices"
That aside that white haired bad guy from the get go that sliced Crush's arm... was that ZURA!?
Anyways will this be a split cour?
Also I hear we won't be getting literally almost any screen time from the overrated character so... yay! Also the animation wasn't really that bad.. just that there were some stale scenes that felt like they were just slapped there... but overall a good start.
I don't know if Im the only one but I found it quite surprising how I was irritated with Subaru's yelping cause I got way to used to him being Senku from Dr.Stone.. y'know.. being smart and smug 24/7 whereas in Subaru's case its the exact opposite, I aint getting into his Arthur role cause thats basically chuunibyo.
I need to stop focusing on the seiyuus but damn do they stand out sometimes more than the anime does for me.

Jul 2014
No OP or ED this time :O

Everything was almost the same as in LN. Nice job White Fox!

Dec 2015
Soundtrack and direction are top tier as always. Honestly, all I hope is that this Season answer questions about the world and characters from last season and even the OVA's that brought even more questions. I feel the show really need to answer them if they want to create interesting arcs now. It's not that I'm not curious to see what is going to happen on this arc now, I definitely am, but I'm also starting to get a little bit lost in some aspects of the show.
Also, was it just me, or some of the sound design in the fight scenes felt incomplete?
Jul 8, 2020 8:09 AM
Apr 2020
its finally here, the hype was so worth and well deserverd
Jul 8, 2020 8:11 AM
Jun 2020
I've already watched it.
ART : 4/5 it's slightly better than s1
Voice : 4/5 regulus voice actor is kinda different from my perspective
Fight scene : 5/5 i really like the fight like a lot
Drama scene : 4/5 not really into rem soooo...
Pacing : 5/5 actually it's kinda faster than i think but it's still on a good road
BG : 5/5 i know WF gonna do a great job on this
Overall Fantastic 1st episode can't wait until next week.
Oh yeah once more, i really like how WF did with that falling splinter from destroyed wagon when rem ready to fight regulus and ley
ColdpainJul 8, 2020 8:42 AM
Jul 8, 2020 8:12 AM

Jan 2016
A great 29 minute episode, an awesome start of the season.
And now there are new villains for Subaru to beat to bring Rem back.
Can't wait for next week~!
Jul 8, 2020 8:13 AM
Jun 2020
renanmonaco said:
The white whale was just a pet ? o.O

the author of re zero statet that if all sin arch bishops and witches would fight each other so a battle royal regulus would get out as winner so yes the white whale is just a pet
Jul 8, 2020 8:16 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I've missed this show so much
Jul 8, 2020 8:18 AM

Jun 2017
What a fantastic episode, chills everywhere, man how i missed Re:zero.
Poor Rem and Subaru, but i guess this could turn out to be a good thing to develop Emilia.

Nov 2013
I waited fkn 4 years for this day!

Literally holding back my excitement while watching...they really pulled out the stops for the first episode!

The entire beginning segment was a nail-biting affair, and then they drop the hard hitting news —REM

Nothing more to say other than I’m beyond happy Re:Zero is back, and super invested into what appears to be a turning point in the story.

Operation revenge for Rem begins!
Jun 2015
I really enjoyed the episode , some great setup for what seems to be an interesting arc.

But no OP or ED , does anyone know why?
Jul 8, 2020 8:19 AM
Aug 2018
-Stray said:
I am so fcking lost HAHAHAHA, I forgot almost everything that happened in season 1 outside of watching the OVA's that came out...

I suggest you re-watch S1 then because a lot of things will be important and connect back to events in S1.

Anyways will this be a split cour?

Yes. This cour will have around 12-13 episodes. 2nd cour will start airing in Jan 2021.
Jul 8, 2020 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
EPIC!!! LETS GO WE'RE BACK BABY!

Fuck Man Rem T_T

I was wondering what the ramifications were going to be when Subaru went back after he killed himself (brutal btw) and while Rem still didn't make it Crusch faired WAY better in just losing some memories and not dying.

Side note: Crusch became my second favorite character after this episode. I already loved her but I love her so much more.

I think this episode proved again why Rem is best girl. However i still like Emilia a lot. She came up huge in this episode especially at the end.

Looking forward to seeing what happens to Gluttony, greed, and The endless Suffering of NATSUKI SUBARU!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Jul 29, 2020

673 by RealMario7 »»
May 25, 1:32 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Sep 30, 2020

506 by HiroTail1 »»
May 19, 7:10 PM

» Emilia chest size increase

MuscularBlackMan - Jul 23, 2020

13 by RaptorDan »»
May 9, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DeadlyRaven - Aug 26, 2020

604 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:02 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kaiseki - Sep 23, 2020

453 by titty »»
Apr 11, 9:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.