Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 27, 2019 2:37 PM
Jan 2016
Damn, what a makeup Rizu, she was really beautifull that way, i aprove it, too bad Nariiyuki didn't recognized her at start!

The second segment with Uruka about english was really funny, the missunderstandings were hilarious!
Oct 27, 2019 2:42 PM
Aug 2018
Is it just me or is this show getting more and more cringe-worthy per episode?
Oct 27, 2019 4:35 PM

Nov 2017
Damn,how gorgeous was Rizu after that makeover.no wonder Nariyuki didn't recognize her.
Oct 27, 2019 4:35 PM

Jul 2019
This episode was really good. Rizu looked great when she got that make over.

╭─━━━━━─────━❋━─────━━━━━─╮
Guilty Crown / OP #1
Supercell - My Dearest
01:09 ━━━━━━━━━━⬤━━━━ 01:56
⇆ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵◃ ❚❚ ▹ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵ ឵឵↻
╰─━━━━━─────━❋━─────━━━━━─╯

Oct 27, 2019 4:49 PM

Jul 2015
AH... I wasn't expecting Engrish of that level, I feel alive again. Of course the rest os the episode was good but THE ENGRISH WAS FANTASTIC.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 27, 2019 11:46 PM
Oct 2019
I always support sensei and fumino forever
kanakomiraiOct 27, 2019 11:54 PM
Oct 28, 2019 9:55 AM
Jun 2015
a : you're just playing outside with human right?
b : yeah
the human make a lot of mistake in both grammar and pronunciation
(I dont understand this part, help)
a : oh really?
b : and it's too late(?)
Oct 28, 2019 3:02 PM

Jun 2014
Rirai9112 said:
The english of the dogs though!!

I think the puppy has the same VA as Alice from Kiniro Mosaic

Yup.. the moment the dog said "yeah" Alice come to my mine too XD
and later I found that Alice's seiyuu, Tanaka Manami, posted it on her twitter

https://twitter.com/Manami__TANAKA/status/1188274711664291841
Oct 28, 2019 3:35 PM
May 2019
Those TITS....omg, the things I would do...
Oct 28, 2019 4:10 PM
Mar 2017
Rizu and her new look was a pleasant surprise, but she looks more adorable with her normal appearance, but I agree with what Mrs. Karasuma said, Rizu is a diamond in the rough.
I understand Nariyuki's reaction perfectly when he saw this unknown and beautiful girl, is a shame that he did not recognize that she was Rizu, but i admit that she looked like another girl and the saddest thing is that neither of them knew how to understand the situation until Nariyuki arrived to Rizu family's restaurant.
The part where Nariyuki talks about Rizu was the best, especially because it shows the attention he gives to Rizu, but the caricatured expressions of Rizu and Nariyuki are the best, they always make me laugh.

The second part was very entertaining, since they gave Uruka screen time and this was of very good quality. Uruka and Nariyuki practice how to speak in English so that Uruka puts into practice the vocabulary and pronunciation, at first Uruka was very nervous and her introduction was fun.
The way Uruka relaxes when the puppy appears was very adorable, especially when she misunderstands Nariyuki and thinks he was talking about her underwear, Uruka pouting is something I can't resist, she's too cute.
I laughed a lot when Uruka tried to help the foreign tourists, she could tell them how to get to their destination, but things get complicated when they try to invite her to a barbecue, but Nariyuki arrives on time, but by telling them that Uruka is her fellow student, he makes a mistake and makes them understand that Uruka is his girlfriend and obviously Uruka also understands the same and her joy came to the point that she runs away from Nariyuki, with her face flushed.

Apparently in the next episode we will have the girls receiving massages and the best about this is that not only Rizu, Uruka and Fumino will received a massage, Mafuyu sensei and Asumi will also be present.
Oct 28, 2019 8:47 PM
Mar 2015
Busted Ogata was too beautiful for him Uraka could not take being called his GF
Oct 29, 2019 8:33 AM

Aug 2018
The very last scene with the dogs was absolutely hilarious
Oct 29, 2019 4:37 PM

Jul 2017
As if we didn't have enough Ogata last episode with her cut bangs, seemingly grown back, and now for a hair makeover. BUT WHEW her new transformation look, so fashionable but unlike her style. Sure as heck that Nariyuki won't catch on...until they reached home, that was so hilarious to see Ogata's protective father again.

The 2nd half containing the Engrish between Nariyuki and Uraka was sure as hell damn even funnier. Not until some foreigners dropped her way for directions, and steadily with Nariyuki, seemingly made things A LOT worse. Like, why oh why Nariyuki, would you mistake "study friend" for "steady"...LMAO

HAHA I like it that the dogs have their own monologue post-credits.

Such a good episode.
KANLen09Oct 29, 2019 4:52 PM
Oct 29, 2019 6:59 PM

Dec 2016
I didn't find this remotely funny at all, even if someone completely changes their look, THEIR VOICE IS STILL THE SAME!
Oct 29, 2019 10:08 PM
Jun 2016
This is the hardest I've laughed at an anime episode for a long time. Especially the English in that second half, I didn't even know the word steady in this context until now. Also the after credit scene with the dogs is perfect... so savage.
Oct 30, 2019 11:22 AM

Jan 2018
Man this series really loves the Nariyuki x Ogata ship
What a beautiful Duwang
Oct 30, 2019 11:40 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm the makeover was something else
Oct 30, 2019 9:08 PM

Aug 2017
I really liked how Ogata was assertive in this episode.

I hope they animate more of Sensei's chapters!

Oct 31, 2019 3:56 PM

May 2018
Loved Ogata's transformation here, nothing different from Nariyuki, he is still the same. Uruka at the same time learned how to speak english which is a great.

Oct 31, 2019 8:13 PM

Jun 2017
Ogata was just gorgeous with that makeover, those hair extensions and her big bust just fits her image perfectly, I wish that she should've kept that look, but well, not possible right? Anyway, it was amusing to watch how Uruka got all flustered when she spoke English lol.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Oct 31, 2019 9:00 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Hilarious episode, from beginning to end. Loved the lady from the salon, and Ogata got even cuter than she already was.

And best girl Uruka with her engrish was terrific.
Oct 31, 2019 9:00 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Hilarious episode, from beginning to end. Loved the lady from the salon, and Ogata got even cuter than she already was.

And best girl Uruka with her engrish was terrific.
Nov 1, 2019 3:08 PM

Apr 2016
The episode was pretty funny, especially the second part with Takemoto and her English xD
By the way, the first part seems a bit forced but it was quite funny, so it’s ok.
Nov 2, 2019 4:15 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
What the? What type of awful makeover was that for Rizu? No care in actually giving her a hairstyle that complements her proportions and her outfit was ugly as heck. Is this modern beauty? If so then I don't want it. Like can you imagine that hairstyle in real life? Awful.;; Also, it went so long with him not realizing and her not saying anything that would help him figure out who she was. It was just painful. Also, he was a little rude? At least ask for her name or something? Like, you're having a full on conversation with her despite no knowing who she is so at least ask her name.;; I dunno. Perhaps not the most thought out segment.

The second segment with Uruka was cute. As someone who's learning Japanese, I can relate.;; I'm so nervous when it comes to speaking Japanese it's not even funny. At least she has people to practice with. That dog was bleh. Honestly, their English speaking wasn't that bad. Like yo, I've seen some English scenes where you can't understand a thing. This was fine! Also, all the dudes did was invite her to a BBQ party. Lol I thought they were gonna be like, "Well BOTH of you can come to the BBQ party!"
Anyway, the second segment in general was better and understandable.

At least both segments managed to incorporate studying somehow! The second part just seemed so fun and helpful for speaking practice, though!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Nov 9, 2019 6:52 AM

May 2013
I hated Rizu's makeover. She looked so much better before and I just found the first
half of the episode annoying. Absolutely hated it.

The second half saved the episode for me. All that "Engrish" was funny. Especially the
ending with those foreigners. That was great.
Nov 15, 2019 3:09 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, this was one of if not the best episode of the two seasons, so much comedy and set up it is so priceless. I wonder if the salon's boss will stick u and probably do a makeover for all of the girls. The second half will forever add up to the Engrish collection that dwells the internet.
Feb 11, 2020 1:19 PM

Jul 2015
Lmao that english I honestly expected the foreigners to be english speakers, pretty funny to hear the japanese accent when they speak english

Legend says that Uruka is still running

Jun 6, 2020 6:58 PM
Jul 2017
The dogs speak better English than both Nariyuki and Uruka.
Jul 12, 2020 9:25 AM
May 2015
Maurice_5 said:
Your weekly reminder that Bokuben sound design is best sound design - and therefore, that Bokuben Engrish is best Engrish.

As usual, I'm amazed at the care that goes into what the viewer hears. This is, honestly, some of the best spoken English I've heard in anime, and they could 100% have gotten away with so much less and no-one would have minded. There's a noticeable difference in the quality and fluency of Nariyuki and Uruka's English, just like you might expect between a top student and someone who's basically just starting out. And then the two 'foreigners' have much, much better fluency than even Nariyuki. I mean, it's not quite at native speaker level, but even so it's a surprising amount of effort to bother with, to find a really good English-speaking VA. As usual, the sound design team went the extra mile.

FOR REAL, STUDIO DID A GREAT WORK !
Jul 20, 2020 11:37 AM

Aug 2017
Kinda annoyed with Nariyuki being so stupid. How can you not recognize her even listening to her voice? Awful writing.

That English in the second half lmao 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 2, 2020 6:10 AM

Sep 2019
Ohh fuck! The cringe when they were speaking English just killed me. My ears need bleach.
Oct 1, 2020 12:26 PM

Aug 2018
Lol the misunderstanding in the first half was great and so was the english in the second half lol

still though, why did Takemoto run away at the end. god damn she just loves to ruin her chances

Mar 8, 2021 3:11 AM

Sep 2012
the hole eng learning: ur F'ing killing me i am tearing up here (specially the steady part) lol
Sugram22Mar 8, 2021 3:15 AM
May 16, 2021 6:51 AM

Apr 2013
Great episode, both parts were very entertaining. Rizu really looked her best in the library, though Nariyuki really should've recognized her voice lol. Second part with Uruka was also great, those two foreigners were nice dudes ^^
Jan 16, 2023 6:58 PM

Aug 2015
Isso tá ficando pior a cada episódio
Mar 30, 2023 11:20 PM

Sep 2022
Takemoto and Yuiga's English skills are pretty good when it comes to speaking and grammar. I also think that Ogata should stick to that new look.
Nov 4, 2023 10:30 PM

Oct 2022
Lmao episode became engrish

Also the dogs speak english lol

Jul 13, 3:43 AM
Mar 2018
I'd been wondering what possessed me to finally watch this show and that feeling intensified in the first half.

Found the second half really funny though. Uruka is great.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

268 by CottonModem »»
Jul 22, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Best grill

Shizuna - Feb 19, 2023

15 by Rezelix112 »»
Jul 20, 7:34 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2019

50 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Jun 30, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2019

48 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Jun 29, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2019

50 by Alfredo-Sauce »»
Jun 28, 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.