Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 7, 2019 2:43 AM

Mar 2018
CGDCT fanbase, anyone? Like Machikado Mazoku for this season.

And fandom wars aren't related to how large or small the fanbase is. It concerns with its intelligence.

Aug 7, 2019 4:44 AM

Jan 2015
SunBro26 said:
BestBoiEren said:

How do you join these highly intellectual individuals?
Depends who you're referring to with "intellectuals" heh

Shinsekai yori fans, like is there a discord server, or sth else?
Aug 7, 2019 7:20 AM

Nov 2014
It's nicer than bigger fandoms because people tend to avoid being unnecessarily mean to each other, following the logic that we're few, we don't need to be involved into catfights. And we get really happy when we found each other.

Some smaller anime fanbases in which I am are 12 Kingdoms, Gankutsuou, Shinsekai Yori, Princess Tutu, Suisei no Gargantia, Kaiba, Noein, Fantastic Children, Ima Soku ni Iru Boku, Shiki, Turn A Gundam, Kiznaiver, Dennou Coil, Haibane Renmei and RahXephon.

And @BestBoiEren yes there's such thing as a Shinsekai Yori fandom, just like there's one for OreImo, Eromanga-sensei, Guilty Crown, KonoSuba, Overlord, Zero no Tsukaima and Akame ga Kill.
Aug 7, 2019 7:32 AM

Feb 2018
The smaller the fanbase the fewer the chances of someone ruining the show/game/etc with sick things xdd

Aug 7, 2019 7:49 AM

Mar 2017
I agree with you, in small fandom people tend to understand each other, I've been in small fandom (saiyuki, bungou SD,..) for years and haven't encountered any problem with the members. There's always an exception to the rule, small fandom might agree on a certain opinion (ships for exp) and hates you if you disagree with them. I've moved from Skip beat fandom for that reason.
Aug 7, 2019 8:24 AM

Jan 2015
BlancaXLobo said:
It's nicer than bigger fandoms because people tend to avoid being unnecessarily mean to each other, following the logic that we're few, we don't need to be involved into catfights. And we get really happy when we found each other.

Some smaller anime fanbases in which I am are 12 Kingdoms, Gankutsuou, Shinsekai Yori, Princess Tutu, Suisei no Gargantia, Kaiba, Noein, Fantastic Children, Ima Soku ni Iru Boku, Shiki, Turn A Gundam, Kiznaiver, Dennou Coil, Haibane Renmei and RahXephon.

And @BestBoiEren yes there's such thing as a Shinsekai Yori fandom, just like there's one for OreImo, Eromanga-sensei, Guilty Crown, KonoSuba, Overlord, Zero no Tsukaima and Akame ga Kill.

I wasn't questioning if there was one, it wasn't a sarcastic quesiton, I was actually interested
Aug 7, 2019 9:08 AM

Nov 2014
@BestBoiEren sorry, my bad. And i should know it, because those are jokes i often do, so it's pretty unforgivable that I didn't catch it.
Aug 7, 2019 9:45 AM

Jan 2015
BlancaXLobo said:
@BestBoiEren sorry, my bad. And i should know it, because those are jokes i often do, so it's pretty unforgivable that I didn't catch it.

It's fine lol, I can see that it could be interpreted as a joke easily
Aug 7, 2019 10:11 AM

Dec 2015
I'm not really in any fandom even if I adore said anime but smaller ones do seem cozy.
Aug 7, 2019 10:19 AM

Mar 2015
GreenSoap said:
I don't sense any form of toxicity in the JoJo fan base, cuz only real ppl can appreciate it

I mean, tell someone you skipped a part and you'll see toxic JoJo fans lul But yeah JoJo probably has the chillest fanbase of all the popular anime, albeit a bit obnoxious at times. That's mostly just people having fun though and not being toxic.
Aug 7, 2019 10:31 AM

Aug 2015
Mullerio said:
Agreed,the Room has the objectively best fanbase, tiny bu-

Offu, the best. There was a showing in my town but I think I missed it. Was pretty sad about that.
Can I touch you? Please I love you. Let me touch you, I love you!
Friend: How's school? Me: School gave me debt and my plant mold.

Aug 7, 2019 10:23 PM
May 2017
agreed tbh, smaller fanbases are more chill usually
Aug 8, 2019 8:54 AM

Nov 2016
Mirai said:
GreenSoap said:
I don't sense any form of toxicity in the JoJo fan base, cuz only real ppl can appreciate it

I mean, tell someone you skipped a part and you'll see toxic JoJo fans lul But yeah JoJo probably has the chillest fanbase of all the popular anime, albeit a bit obnoxious at times. That's mostly just people having fun though and not being toxic.
The funny thing is that, most of the time, the toxic JoJo fans are new to the fandom. Old fans tend to not give a shit anymore about people skipping parts becasue we Know you are going to get to the one you skipped eventually.

The real toxicity comes with the Fighting with other fanbases. This types of Fights can drive people off from certain fandoms. Funnily enough, I got into both JoJo and Love Live becuause of a "Feud" that went on longer than It should've in LatAm Facebook groups.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2019 12:32 PM

Oct 2010
Define small, because Claymore, here on mal is pretty popular, yet on its forum pages or clubs, there were 0 activity. I know because I browsed that a lot. At least there weas no waifu war, everyone knows Yuma is best girl. And don't make me talk about anime like Kitakubu or Blue Gender or Noein. There's no one to talk to. I like a loud and big fanbase, why not? At least you get to talk.
Aug 8, 2019 3:51 PM

Sep 2017
Definitely! im not sure if hibike euphonium fan base is huge but from what ive seen is that its pretty small compared to others and the fans are always nice.
in part of others that are much smaller but point is that its a unique experience! Idk,i almost feel like im friends with whole (small) fandom which gives a nice sense of “we are on the same wavelength” and we enjoy talking about the things we like despite them not being vpopular

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Aug 8, 2019 7:27 PM

Apr 2016
Wtf is this? peace? No! we need to pit one fanbase against each other. That's how we know which series is superior
Aug 8, 2019 7:37 PM

Aug 2015
Every single Berserk fan I've met was pleasant and cool dude. I think anime communities all they have toxic and non-toxic fans. I mean I'm obviously in the JoJo fandom and I would say when most of them aren't memeing around in the comments of Youtube or Discord, they're all pretty fine. I am part of the Soul Eater fandom, but it's very very small. Soul Eater's manga is genuinely very good and I like to discuss about it in my server.

I guess I'm don't consider myself part of any small fandoms. Soul Eater would be very close.

CowboyMode said:
larger fan bases are better tbh, they will always generate more interesting people and content

its funny how people always complain about "toxicity" and all this stuff as though someone is pointing a gun at their head forcing them to read and be bothered by every dumb post by random strangers

Also, another galaxy brain comment. I get it though, reading something that bothers you. But the best thing to do is just blow it off or just vent about it somewhere not in public view of the Internet.
LoknirAug 8, 2019 7:40 PM

Aug 9, 2019 12:35 AM
Jul 2018
The Mo Dao Zu Shi fan base (even though the I've joined it just recently) is small but friendly. It's great to see people willing to explain parts of the Donghua (Chinese anime) that would make more sense to the novel readers.

I mean, with a novel, audio drama, live action, manhua, and anime, there's sure to be a lot of friendly discussion (and the occasional banter of course).

I don't know how to explain it properly but you could say that you feel more 'included' when you're part of a small fan base as your voice is more likely to be heard than when you're in this humongous information overload that is a larger fanbase.
Aug 9, 2019 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
For me so far, the overlord fanbase is the best. Didnt encounter a single elitist so far and the people are nice.
Aug 9, 2019 6:15 AM

May 2018
moshiyare said:
The Mo Dao Zu Shi fan base (even though the I've joined it just recently) is small but friendly.

Yeah, try to tell them that there are some inconsistencies, changing art, missing links, weird changes in the pacing and needlessly severe mood whiplashes (there are, it's kind of a regular thing for chinese animation)...and they will shred you to little pieces.
Aug 9, 2019 7:56 AM

Jun 2019
FacelessVixen said:
Well, as I like to say, the Ikkitousen fan base is just me, and I like me, so I'm okay with this.

And me, I'm a big Ikkitousen fan. Didn't know there was another one out there.
Aug 9, 2019 8:01 AM

Mar 2012
Viltas said:
just read manga, theres so much you will like and people will not know about, just stalk the statistics page and stalk profiles > make friends

ez life
It didn't work.

Source: Me since I've try it before using favorite feature while it still exist.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 9, 2019 8:27 AM

May 2019
I noticed that the Jojo fanbase is growing rapidly lately and with that the amount of toxic and unfunny people grows as well and i am seeing way more shitty instagram memes about Jojo then actual good Jojokes. They only ruin other peoples view on the fanbase but they're easy to ignore.
But what cant be ignored are the fanbases of main stream shonen Naruto and MHA in particular are so obnoxious that i hated MHA without even watching it for a good while and of course the DBZ fanbase which tries to destroy an argument when the quality of the series is in question with a good old "Its popular so it has to be good" and "Your MC cant beat Goku".
Aug 9, 2019 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
Yuru Camp fanbase represent!

We just want to get out there and chill.
Aug 9, 2019 10:56 AM
Jul 2018
alshu said:
moshiyare said:
The Mo Dao Zu Shi fan base (even though the I've joined it just recently) is small but friendly.

Yeah, try to tell them that there are some inconsistencies, changing art, missing links, weird changes in the pacing and needlessly severe mood whiplashes (there are, it's kind of a regular thing for chinese animation)...and they will shred you to little pieces.

I read the novel beforehand so I didn't really notice anything. I might be biased so who knows? But yes, I see a lot of people getting all defensive over the show as if they were the creators. Anyway, I mostly converse with the small but dedicated group of readers (who've managed to read a 570K word novel in a matter of days) rather than the 'radioactive' anime community on MAL. In the Donghua, I see a bit of badly done things but also a lot of stunning work.

Because of the unpredictable Chinese censorship, a lot of scenes had to be cut or shortened (and even changed) so the Donghua can get really confusing. Then again, a lot will be covered in the later seasons so I can't really tell. Anyway, you have a point but those people are everywhere xp, not just in this fandom.
Aug 9, 2019 3:15 PM

May 2018
moshiyare said:

I read the novel beforehand so I didn't really notice anything. I might be biased so who knows?

Or maybe you don't care about animation that much.

moshiyare said:
I see a bit of badly done things but also a lot of stunning work.

This is the problem I am talking about - some scenes are movie quality others like taken from different title. TV anime tends to be with less details but more even...And yes, there are way more trashy animes but some fans are praising The Mo Dao Zu Shi like the best thing ever and it isn't.
I like it, it is very interesting and fresh show but it demonstrates why you should weight directly japanese and chinese titles - they use different artistic means and work in different cultural environments.

moshiyare said:
Because of the unpredictable Chinese censorship

Those problems I comment on aren't caused by censorship - I was talking about missing transition scenes and weird edit.
This is more likely due to some planning errors and production delays.
Aug 9, 2019 3:16 PM
Jul 2018
NeoAnkara said:
You don't need to be concern with fandom war because who watch your show anyway? There is less toxicity and more sense of unity because there is rare to find like minded people for unpopular show with small fanbase.
True, I was part of kaze ga tsuyoku fuiteiru fanbase when it aired
Aug 9, 2019 7:42 PM
ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ★ʀᴇᴀᴘᴇʀ

Dec 2018
EdgyEcchiSenpai said:
People who watch Ojamajo Doremi have good heart and beautiful soul :) I always trust them.
Hello fellow Ojamajo fan!! I see you're a Madoka fan too :)

...anyway, I don't really think about the size of the fanbase that much so eh
*shrug*
Aug 9, 2019 7:46 PM

Dec 2012
I get the feeling that all of those people writing Miru Tights reviews are part of some secret organization that only the few & proud may be initiated into.
Aug 9, 2019 7:49 PM

Apr 2017
I belong to the Natsume Yuujinchou fanbase and slice-of-life community. I noticed that there's no toxicity.
Aug 9, 2019 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
SunBro26 said:
Im part of the Shinsekai Yori fanbase. It exists, but never shows itself, leading the only heard opinion on the anime to be "Its bad cause its gay" said by the people who cant stand a gay kiss or dont get what the plot is about lol

agreed
though i can see why the fanbase is more niche since the setup is slow as balls
Aug 9, 2019 8:09 PM
Jul 2018
FacelessVixen said:
Well, as I like to say, the Ikkitousen fan base is just me, and I like me, so I'm okay with this.

Are you the original creator of "Ikkitousen fan base movement"?!
Aug 9, 2019 10:43 PM

Jul 2019
Keiju said:
SunBro26 said:
Im part of the Shinsekai Yori fanbase. It exists, but never shows itself, leading the only heard opinion on the anime to be "Its bad cause its gay" said by the people who cant stand a gay kiss or dont get what the plot is about lol

agreed
though i can see why the fanbase is more niche since the setup is slow as balls
Well, of course, its gonna be niche and it should be. The genres literally include psychological, horror, mystery and drama which can be a massive turnoff for many people. That, coupled with its depiction of homosexual couples and (kinda) underage sex, and as you said, the exposition focused first episodes, can be really confusing and a big turn-off for many people out there. Not to mention its primary genres, psychological horror need a functioning brain and a hang of environmental storytelling to grasp (since a lot of its horror stems from its world building). Or you could just go in expecting kids and shit, dont give a damn about what its trying to do, never even try to think, and then make a shitpost on it... (cough Digibro cough)
Aug 10, 2019 3:44 PM

Oct 2008
I would like to be part of a fanbase. I have no idea which ones are toxic and which are devoted. But if someone takes the time to check my 9/10 anime and/or my two favorite 10/10s. And gets a sense of comradery I would be happy.
Aug 10, 2019 3:47 PM

Aug 2016
I miss the Chrono Crusade fanbase from the 2000s.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Aug 10, 2019 4:06 PM
Nov 2018
I'm part of the SNAFU fan base. It's not a typical high school anime like many normies think, atleast the mainstream ones. It's actually a deep show if you understand it enough. Also I enjoyed Shinsekai Yori alot too so I guess I'm apart of that fan base too. I know, it's a yaoi scene and I hate homosexuality, but it's only one episode, but then again I understand why most people drop it off after a that, besides it's not a show for everyone. Thankfully I'm a open minded person and I'm also very patient, so I have no problem watching slow paced series. But I really enjoyed the world setting, the history of civilization. So naturally discussions on sociology, science, anthropology and the future which is apart of it, I really like hearing about from the fanbase.
Aug 10, 2019 4:14 PM
Dec 2018
I don't think it really matters how big a fanbase is, there is always toxic people and there is always good people in every fanbase.
Aug 13, 2019 9:29 AM

Aug 2009
BallistikJuice said:
FacelessVixen said:

I legit don't know. You tell me.

https://www.deviantart.com/facelessvixen/gallery/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgu89xFgORlq5p6f3Ed5ODg?view_as=subscriber

Aug 13, 2019 9:34 AM
Jun 2019
SunBro26 said:
wait shinsekai yori is gay? welp time to watch
Aug 13, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2019
sloth-saga said:
SunBro26 said:
wait shinsekai yori is gay? welp time to watch
There's a gay kiss, and some subtle lesbian stuff. But (mostly) only in the eighth episode
Aug 13, 2019 9:58 AM

Nov 2017
The D Gray Man fan base is the best I've seen so far. Just a chill small fan base.
Aug 13, 2019 12:58 PM
Jul 2018
FacelessVixen said:
BallistikJuice said:

I legit don't know. You tell me.

https://www.deviantart.com/facelessvixen/gallery/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgu89xFgORlq5p6f3Ed5ODg?view_as=subscriber

Those girls on wallpapers in your DA, you drew them?!
Aug 13, 2019 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
BallistikJuice said:

No, but unlike most "GFX artists", I do give proper credit to the illustrations*, brushes and C4D that I use. I can draw. I'm two semesters away from a BFA in painting. But I'm often don't feel like drawing since I do enough of that in school, and I don't feel as though I'm good enough to really get a quality Pixiv and a Hentai-Foundry account going, at least not up to my high standards especially since Patreon is a long term goal as well.

*Mainly if I'm using illustrations from Pixiv/Patreon/not super famous artists like Another Story, Madhatter Hello, Maidoll, 40hara and so on, not not so much from bigger name illustrators like Rin-Shin, Junji Gotou, Miyama-Zero, Satoshi Urushihara, or Kim Kwang Hyun since I figure that it's fairly obvious that I'm using their work for my alternative approach to fan art.

Aug 13, 2019 2:57 PM
Jul 2018
FacelessVixen said:
BallistikJuice said:

No, but unlike most "GFX artists", I do give proper credit to the illustrations*, brushes and C4D that I use. I can draw. I'm two semesters away from a BFA in painting. But I'm often don't feel like drawing since I do enough of that in school, and I don't feel as though I'm good enough to really get a quality Pixiv and a Hentai-Foundry account going, at least not up to my high standards especially since Patreon is a long term goal as well.

*Mainly if I'm using illustrations from Pixiv/Patreon/not super famous artists like Another Story, Madhatter Hello, Maidoll, 40hara and so on, not not so much from bigger name illustrators like Rin-Shin, Junji Gotou, Miyama-Zero, Satoshi Urushihara, or Kim Kwang Hyun since I figure that it's fairly obvious that I'm using their work for my alternative approach to fan art.

I see. I've heard that art schools are really expensive, plus you need to finish all that art on time, etc. How do you manage?!
Aug 13, 2019 6:22 PM

Aug 2009
@BallistikJuice: Scholarships; especially if your GPA is at least a 3.0. Going to a community collage for several years and only paying about $1,000 a semester for two or three classes and eventually earn an associate degree and transfer to a university, instead of always paying over $10,000 a semester for two or three. And having a parent that works at a university that is willing to take care of most of if not all of my tuition.

So, yeah. Who would have thought that being an artistically inclined fan of a big titty anime would actually lead to a career? *shrugs*

Aug 13, 2019 7:06 PM
Jul 2018
Same, I love fanbases for older properties. All the discourse that could ever come up happened over a decade ago on Livejournal and now everyone just wants to enjoy the series together.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which characters (male or female) have the nicest bare backs? (or almost bare, only wearing bra counts too)

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

11 by MasterTasuke »»
15 minutes ago

» What anime would you like to see another season of?

doctor - 6 hours ago

8 by BirdyTheMighty »»
19 minutes ago

» What's the most recent Media your favorite Animes have Gotten

Lol1268 - 11 hours ago

19 by Zarutaku »»
21 minutes ago

» What's your favorite voice actor's most unconventional role? (The weirdest compared to there other roles)

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

4 by Zettaiken »»
25 minutes ago

» Imagine sites exactly like MAL, but for other media ( 1 2 )

EterTC - Jul 10, 2020

71 by APolygons2 »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.