Some facts about me that I'd like to share:
- I started watching anime at a very young age. Although I watched a good number of shows on TV, the only anime I watched from beginning to end in my childhood was Dragon Ball. I used to watch it all the time, and I still have my old DVD collection. Dragon Ball is and will always be part of my life.
- My favorite genres are Action, Martial Arts and Sci-Fi, but I might enjoy stuff from other genres from time to time.
- I generally prefer shows from the 80s and 90s. I appreciate cel animation, and they tend to have art styles that appeal to me. But I don't watch old anime exclusively. I can enjoy a show whether it's from the 1960s or the 2020s.
- I try to watch/read a little every day.
- I try to avoid stuff that is currently airing/publishing. I don't like waiting for new episodes/chapters. I'd much rather watch something that's finished, so I can watch/read at my own pace. In case I do start an unfinished series, I watch/read whatever is available and continue it later.
- I rate stuff based on my personal enjoyment. A 10 doesn't mean that an anime is flawless. It's just that I had a great time watching it.
- Pretty much anything I've rated 8 or higher I would recommend to other people. Stuff rated 5 or lower should be avoided. I'm also willing to try other people's recommendations if they suit my taste.
- I speak both English and Spanish. My order of preference when it comes to dubs is as follows: Latin Spanish dubs > Castilian Spanish dubs > Japanese audio with subs > English dubs. Of course, this is just my opinion, and may change on a case by case basis.
Other interests besides anime:
- Marvel and DC (I'm not a comics expert, but I like the cartoons, movies and games)
- Star Wars (original and prequel trilogies)
- Superhero movies
- Martial arts movies
- Fighting games (especially those by Capcom and SNK)