Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 6, 2019 10:56 AM

Mar 2012
You don't need to be concern with fandom war because who watch your show anyway? There is less toxicity and more sense of unity because there is rare to find like minded people for unpopular show with small fanbase.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 6, 2019 11:03 AM

Jul 2019
Im part of the Shinsekai Yori fanbase. It exists, but never shows itself, leading the only heard opinion on the anime to be "Its bad cause its gay" said by the people who cant stand a gay kiss or dont get what the plot is about lol
Aug 6, 2019 11:06 AM

Jun 2019
Noragami fanbase is the best, to be honest. I still haven't seen a obnoxious noragami fan and i hope it's never show up, haha!
Aug 6, 2019 11:12 AM

May 2009
Yeah, the smaller fanbases are pretty nice, when people do in fact get together. Mainly because most people in small fanbases understand that they can't actually get away with being jerks to other people, or else they'll lose something special.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 6, 2019 11:12 AM

Nov 2017
People who watch Ojamajo Doremi have good heart and beautiful soul :) I always trust them.
Stay gold!
魔法よ魔法よ生まれておいで!
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Aug 6, 2019 11:15 AM
May 2019
Yes I have to agree with you the smaller the fanbase the more pleasant community around it.
Aug 6, 2019 11:16 AM

Sep 2016
NeoAnkara said:
You don't need to be concern with fandom war because who watch your show anyway? There is less toxicity and more sense of unity because there is rare to find like minded people for unpopular show with small fanbase.

And there is also more circlejerking. Good lord I hate how elitist smaller fanbases become. Although that can be said about most fanbases....
Aug 6, 2019 11:22 AM

Jun 2015
Mixernix said:
NeoAnkara said:

And there is also more circlejerking. Good lord I hate how elitist smaller fanbases become. Although that can be said about most fanbases....

It just seems like there is more circlejerking because there are less people actively hating on them.
:)
Aug 6, 2019 11:28 AM

Nov 2017
Yes, we're just being nice to each other in this ironic and cynical world
Stay gold!
魔法よ魔法よ生まれておいで!
Sasuga Kasuga! Osaka fan club on MAL. Join us if you like Osaka-san!
Aug 6, 2019 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
Pandora Hearts has still got a pretty big fanbase but we're thankfully all at peace with each other.

Aug 6, 2019 11:49 AM

Jun 2019
Love love love the Inuyasha fanbase. It's nice because even though I came to the show (and anime in general) much later online, the show's main seasons on TV stopped airing 15 years ago so a lot of the people involved are also people now in their 20s with nostalgia for the mid-2000s period. And they share an affinity for wanting to preserve the love and appreciation for something that's since passed from the current Zeitgeist, so are always intrigued and enthused when coming across another fan.

I have always preferred small groups of people. Give me one close friend and an intimate conversation over a massive room filled with people and a loud party. Give me a circle of 2-3 over a mob. The problem with Inuyasha fandom today is it feels like a bit of an endangered species having to contend with the ravages of time to keep from being drowned out.
Aug 6, 2019 12:00 PM

Oct 2013
This is true. The more popular something is the more obnoxious the fans, and yes, the haters, are.
I'm a fan of a certain popular western cartoon, and every time I hear about some dumb shit other people in that fanbase have done, I feel almost ashamed that I like the same thing they do.
Aug 6, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2009
Well, as I like to say, the Ikkitousen fan base is just me, and I like me, so I'm okay with this.

Aug 6, 2019 12:25 PM
Jul 2018
Ryougine said:
Noragami fanbase is the best, to be honest. I still haven't seen a obnoxious noragami fan and i hope it's never show up, haha!
I completely agree. The Noragami reddit is so sweet! I love going there after every new manga chapter to read about how much Yukine deserves to be protected.
Aug 6, 2019 12:41 PM

Jul 2019
SunBro26 said:
Im part of the Shinsekai Yori fanbase. It exists, but never shows itself, leading the only heard opinion on the anime to be "Its bad cause its gay" said by the people who cant stand a gay kiss or dont get what the plot is about lol

That's so true lol

Shinsekai Yori isn't one of my favs but I really enjoyed it. I might rewatch it, one of these days.

Reach for the
Stars☆

Aug 6, 2019 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
I don't sense any form of toxicity in the JoJo fan base, cuz only real ppl can appreciate it
Aug 6, 2019 12:52 PM

Jun 2019
operationvalkyri said:
Ryougine said:
I completely agree. The Noragami reddit is so sweet! I love going there after every new manga chapter to read about how much Yukine deserves to be protected.
True! Everyone deserves to be protected there anyways.
Aug 6, 2019 1:04 PM

Dec 2017
Yes, Aria, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Kaiji and Initial D are very good. Gundam isn't small but for me is the best fanbase.

Aug 6, 2019 1:13 PM

Sep 2018
Agreed,the Room has the objectively best fanbase, tiny bu-
-Mullerio-Aug 6, 2019 1:27 PM
Aug 6, 2019 1:26 PM
Jul 2018
Mullerio said:
Agreed,the rooms has the objectively best fanbase, tiny bu-
LOL. That joke tore me apart.

--------------------------
Aug 6, 2019 1:37 PM

Jun 2019
GreenSoap said:
I don't sense any form of toxicity in the JoJo fan base, cuz only real ppl can appreciate it

I don't know, the Twitter memers are pretty bad.

Aug 6, 2019 2:10 PM

Sep 2017
I've had some pretty good anthropological and psychological discussions with part of the 3-gatsu no Lion fanbase, very polite people btw. That's pretty cool.

Aug 6, 2019 2:25 PM
Bored

Apr 2018
Land of the Lustrous has a small fan base just because the show isn't known by many which sucks.
Aug 6, 2019 2:37 PM
Mar 2018
I'm not saying it in a nasty way, smaller fanbases are kind of echoes chambers

That is, they argue with each other much less as virtually everyone in a small fanbase agrees with each other. They mostly keep to themselves

But I do think they have some disadvantage too, as without some critics like a larger fanbase has, there is a chance things could turn ugly for anyone with outside criticism, in - built critics would help them learn how to properly deal with it
Aug 6, 2019 2:38 PM

Jan 2015
SunBro26 said:

How do you join these highly intellectual individuals?
Aug 6, 2019 4:03 PM

Mar 2018
smaller fanbase is way better imo. I would want more recognition for the show but take example something like MHA. The fandom is so big that a lot of nuisances surround it. From people who don’t watch much to people who do. Naruto is another example. I honestly cringe when people who rarely watch stuff spout out something like “Man these Naruto characters are so well developed!!!” So many people watch it who don’t have much experience with other stuff. I don’t mind some big fan bases though, like JoJo,Monogtari etc. Also fandom war aren’t a concern to me. People this season on twitter were arguing Dr Stone vs Fire Force and I was sitting their reading it thinking it’s great to be in a lot of groups :)
Aug 6, 2019 4:07 PM

Apr 2017
Except when is so small that it basically doesn't exist...

*Cries in Zero no Tsukaima*
Aug 6, 2019 4:25 PM

Jul 2017
ikr the One Room fanbase is the greatest experience an intellectual individual can experience
Aug 6, 2019 5:45 PM

Mar 2012
Dessssy said:
Mixernix said:

It just seems like there is more circlejerking because there are less people actively hating on them.
Just internal circlejerk which fall out of everyone head because of the obscurity.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Aug 6, 2019 5:52 PM

Oct 2010
Yuru Camp's fanbase consists of the following actions:

1. Repeating how comfy the show is and how we wish to go camping 24/7.
2. Taking photos of the outside world or a cup of ramen noodles.
3. *Anything related to camping* OH WOW A YURU CAMP REFERENCE
4. Responding with "Hey maybe you'll like a cute little show called Yuru Camp" to literally every post or tweet asking for recommendations to watch even if the original poster is not even a fan of anime.
5. Insisting that you should really not lewd the characters.
6. Sharing wholesome character and shipping art.

It's a nice place to be at.
jal90Aug 6, 2019 5:58 PM
Aug 6, 2019 5:53 PM
Sep 2018
NickRedMachine said:
GreenSoap said:

I don't know about you, but Twitter is a garbage site in general.

"I masturbate to anime girls! Do you wanna be my friend?" - Lost Pause aka Noble. 2017
Aug 6, 2019 6:00 PM

Feb 2019
I never delved into any anime fanbase, even when I love the show, because of experiences I've had with fanbases in other media. I don't know about anime specifically, but there's some magical sweet spot for how big/small fanbases should be to remain enjoyable. Fanbases too big and the amount of self-entitlement and tribe mentality skyrockets, fanbases too small and the worst part is the supposed feeling of superiority and 'being too hard for normies' takes over.
Aug 6, 2019 6:19 PM

Jan 2017
anyone who loves monogatari is automatically promoted to a cultural connoisseur and gains +40 to their intelligence stat.
Aug 6, 2019 6:22 PM

Mar 2012
Cneq said:
anyone who loves monogatari is automatically promoted to a cultural connoisseur and gains +40 to their intelligence stat.
> Monogatari
> Small fanbase

Please pick one.
Aug 6, 2019 6:58 PM

Jul 2019
I think both are fine in the same bad way.

A bigger fanbase may be worse than smaller fanbases but sometimes I'd feel like it'd be really nice if everyone in my school knew "X" anime/manga I really liked and that'd let's say help our "friendship".

I'm not part of any online fanbase but I have a pretty large group of friends that like anime and those are the people with which I want to talk and express my "fanism" as my friends are more likely to have different taste and opinions which helps a lot discussing.

(Sidenote: talking with friends about anime is 100% better than forum, all those threads only have people assessing their opinion with RARE discussion between usually the same people which is kinda sad) .

Anyways what I mean is joining any fanbase big or small always leads to "circlejerking" X anime/manga and depending on the degree of fanism of whatever anime/manga you can have low to simply no meaningful discussions about X anime/manga.

Although bigger fanbases means more people that like the same thing as you, which is quite hard with friends at school because they stick to their taste ((SHONEN) I have a love/hate relationship with high appeal shonens), it also means more annoying fans as cringy retards and people taking it too seriously. I've been listening to Gurren Lagann's (delicious) OST on a background Youtube tab and when I'm bored and go check the comments and I can find some essays about how this anime changed their perception of life and that it is a contemporary masterpiece or whatever. Keep in mind Gurren Lagann is a parody show.

Smaller fanbases have the same thing but because it is a small fanbase, they may contain less people but those who are in the fanbase are taken more seriously which isn't a good thing.

In the end it depends of the anime, I haven't seen Mushishi but I feel like this kind of anime gets the good kind of fanbases (small and quietly enjoying themselves without any bullshit and cringy fanism).

Also check out Nujabes, great fanbase with great music, not planning onto watching Samurai Champloo anytime soon but the music is top tier.

Please tell me if I just said something stupid in this reply, I had big thoughts on this thread but it's hard to organize it all in a legitimate post.
Aug 6, 2019 7:04 PM

May 2018
Agree. It's nice to be part of My Wife is a Demon Queen fan base oh wait, we don't even have one.
Aug 6, 2019 7:06 PM

Jul 2019
Kuro_Neko04 said:

Just looked the zero no tsukaima page and it has more than 500k popularity.
You're not searching that deep if you didn't found one yet lol.

Search "recent forum discussion" at the bottom of its MAl page.
Aug 6, 2019 7:09 PM

Mar 2012
BiDiGiN said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:

It die along with author when author passed away.
Aug 6, 2019 7:10 PM

Apr 2017
BiDiGiN said:
Kuro_Neko04 said:

What does that even mean... The number of ppl who watched it isn't the number of people who are in the fandom.

ZnT WAS a pretty popular anime which has a completely ded fandom. I mean it never gained much attention and it's kinda old now.
Aug 6, 2019 7:13 PM

Jul 2019
@NeoAnkara @Kuro_Neko04
forgot to add a bit and edited it in. Also if you guys both like Zero no Tsukaima then why don't u become friends and talk about it, it really is as simple as that.
Aug 6, 2019 7:16 PM

Oct 2012
No thanks. I don't want to circlejerk with a bunch of sensitive people who will only accept one kind of opinion. If I talk about an anime, it will be with the general audience.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 6, 2019 7:17 PM

Jul 2019
katsucats said:
No thanks. I don't want to circlejerk with a bunch of sensitive people who will only accept one kind of opinion. If I talk about an anime, it will be with the general audience.

Basically my TL;DR.

13 more chars..
Aug 6, 2019 7:18 PM

Mar 2012
BiDiGiN said:
@NeoAnkara @Kuro_Neko04
forgot to add a bit and edited it in. Also if you guys both like Zero no Tsukaima then why don't u become friends and talk about it, it really is as simple as that.
That would be a good idea if it is 2013.
Aug 6, 2019 7:25 PM

Nov 2016
The Love Live fandom is pretty nice unless we are speaking of the Latin American One from 2016 to late 2017/ early 2018 when they were feuding with the LatAM JoJo fanbase for some reason.

It might be Massive in Japan but the International fanbase is kinda Small. At least compared to other shows.
GokaiKingAug 6, 2019 7:30 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 6, 2019 7:37 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes fanbases are so small, to the point that there are barely any good fan content being posted or worthy debates
Aug 6, 2019 9:43 PM

Jul 2019
BestBoiEren said:
SunBro26 said:

How do you join these highly intellectual individuals?
Depends who you're referring to with "intellectuals" heh
Aug 6, 2019 10:26 PM

Jun 2019
Offbrand_Anime said:
NickRedMachine said:

I don't know about you, but Twitter is a garbage site in general.

Yeah it's the same problem Reddit has. People from everywhere and every background and interest. I like the way sites like MAL form form communities - based in 1 main common interest.

Aug 7, 2019 12:44 AM
Jul 2018
larger fan bases are better tbh, they will always generate more interesting people and content

its funny how people always complain about "toxicity" and all this stuff as though someone is pointing a gun at their head forcing them to read and be bothered by every dumb post by random strangers
Aug 7, 2019 1:19 AM

May 2018
I have a different interpretation.

It's kind of nice inside any fandom - small or big.
Yes, there are some internal clashes but they are on the nurdish side and can pass for "discussions".

The uglier stuff happens when some fandom tries to recruit by force new followers or tries to paint in black some opposing big franchise or directly collides with another fandom.

The bigger the fandom, the more aggressive it gets towards everything outside of it.
alshuAug 7, 2019 2:50 AM
Aug 7, 2019 2:27 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Hmm. I dunno. I think SOMETIMES a fandom is what you make of it.
I have a lot of friends who used to be in a fandom I'm still in. They don't even like to talk about it and are always saying things like, "IT WAS A TERRIBLE FANDOM".
Personally, though you do have some crappy people every now and then (though not so much anymore), I've had a mostly fine time with the fandom. I didn't do anything TOO cringe worthy in relation to the fandom back in the day. Turns out that the friends who shun the fandom did some...?? They had like dog collars and other kinky stuff they'd wear while cosplaying as the characters and stuff (not really canon at all and perhaps not relevant to the characters 98% of the time). I had never seen stuff like that, so that never ended up as my experience with the fandom. But it just seems to me that they made their OWN fandom experience cringe worthy. As far as I know, they were some of the only folks doing that in the fandom. At that point, that's you, not the fandom.;;

Then you have fandoms that pretty much don't exist. It kinda stings. You want to talk about it and think it's amazing even, but no one you know even knows about it and people don't even talk about it online.;; And then, since it's not on anyone's radar, you can't even convince friends to watch the shows. That's how most of my small fandoms go.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

15 by Lucifrost »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

43 by Toooooooooohru »»
12 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

71 by AzafuseKingTora »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

25 by Suntanned_Duck2 »»
20 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 hours ago

21 by Vendicator »»
29 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.