Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 9, 2019 10:53 AM

May 2017
I just came here to see all the comments about Mermaid Sister, so MVP on this eps is the Mermaid Sister lol
Jun 9, 2019 3:52 PM

Oct 2008
This is gonna be a tough battle against Angela!
Mermaid Sisters is Full of foul words! that was so hilarious! the lyric is just so EPIC they're not even trying at all!
Song Title: "Galactic Mermaid"
Lyrics:
Fucking Bullshit x3
Holy shit, of fucker
Fucking Bullshit x2
Goddamn bullshit
Son of a bitch
What the hell?
Oh, motherfucker, goddamn bullshit, holy shit (Holy shit)
Oh, holy shit, bullshit, goddamn motherfucker (Motherfucker)
Oh fucking bastard, goddamn
Fucking shit (Oh, fucking shit)
Son of a motherfucking bitch
Oh, shit!

5/5!

Jun 10, 2019 4:41 AM

Nov 2018
Imma put the Mermaid Sisters song on repeat for now on
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Jun 10, 2019 4:06 PM

Jan 2016
I actually really like Angela as a character so far, also her song was great!

Fucking bullshit had me burst out laughing. Also, I want to punch Cybelle so badly, she's not even remotely interesting and just downright creepy. Marked you? What are you somekind of animal? Sicko
Jun 10, 2019 10:42 PM

Feb 2017
Mermaid sisters won our hearts :)
Jun 10, 2019 11:59 PM

Nov 2018
Mermaid sisters are best girls of this season
MAL EMOJIS - Get your specially formatted emojis for MAL forums.

Jun 11, 2019 1:40 AM

Oct 2017
Lmao wtf was that song.
Jun 11, 2019 2:52 PM
Nov 2018
(TAO)طاقم أنجيلا فخم التلحين والمشرف عليها
ذكاء صناعي👍اغنية جميلة تتطلع
افضل(C&T)لاكن كلمات
ولازم يكون المنافس قوي
Jun 11, 2019 2:58 PM
Nov 2018
1-Angela
2- Piotr
3- Carole & Tuesday
الى الأن
Jun 12, 2019 8:23 PM

Jun 2016
It took me long enough but I finally got to this episode and it was awesome! Even though it seemed clear to me that this episode had some of the worst animation and art, maybe the worst we've seen. The good thing though is that it looked mediocre at worst so it's not that bad.

I was really curious how Cybelle would play a part in this. I was trying to gage if she was a true head over heels groupie or if she was trying to manipulate Tuesday for her own musical gain. Perhaps it was both but I did feel she seemed genuine with her psychotic love, especially in the lyrics of her song and mentioning of Tuesday before she sung as a 'goddess'. I can understand how Tuesday feels too, I mean, having someone treat you like that can be a crazy experience, even having it on a smaller scale can make me feel incredibly weird. Cybelle was clearly pushy and had no idea of boundaries and was kind of crazy, "marking Tuesday", like jeez, but Tuesday probably felt conflicted. This girl was trying to take her away from Carole and was being rude to her and being uncomfortably close and using that docility of Tuesday against her, something I knew would be a weakness from the start. Yet, she probably felt quite special from it all. At first I thought the hickey would serve to make Carole jealous in which it could still, and I thought Cybelle losing may run to Tuesday's side and pull her away which would break the synergy of Carole and Tuesday and make them fight, forcing them to get over it and make up just in time for their next round. This could still happen but Tuesday did speak up! She said no, she was strong! So, perhaps Cybelle will go from yandere fan to sabotager now or get even scarier. I would also wager her desire to make something beautiful and how she's okay to disappear after that is important, she probably saw the beauty in Carole and Tuesday's work and that's why she wants to work with Tuesday so bad, which yet again is the easier one to manipulate..

I also thought the way we had very little moments of Carole and Tuesday getting along helped create this uncomfortable mood this episode. Carole bought Tuesday a birthday present and learned of Tuesday's mom for real this time, but for the most part we didn't get good chemistry between them. With Cybelle poking holes in their relationship, or at least trying to, it created a sense of tension and with how understandable Tuesday's confliction was I think it was good.

The songs were fine but of course I must mention the mermaid sisters who obviously had skills but came in with their insanity once they got on the show. That song was iconic. Something that will go down in history as an out of context anime scene. I've never seen vulgarity in anime like that and seeing these people sling together every variation of swears they could think of was endearing in itself.

Gus and Mama is such a great duo. I love seeing them butt heads and tease each other, especially how they both refused to even be perceived as friends when Roddy assumed they were. I hope they get along as the series goes on and become friendly rivals.

I like Tao a lot. In the same way Gus cares not for social conventions and goes right for what he wants and doesn't take no for an answer, Tao does the same, just rather than in an expressive way, its in a robotic way. He doesn't come to see Angela perform, he shows up to confirm Carole and Tuesday write their own music and casually leaves, and just how he owns who he is and doesn't let anything get to him.. It's endearing and I like how both Gus and Mama have a parallel there but how there's also kinda one between Gus and Tao in that way.
Jun 13, 2019 6:35 AM

Jan 2016
Tbh I was expecting so much from this show when the first two or three episodes came out.. but idk its really going downhill for me. I'm just hoping something interesting happens soon because honestly its only the music thats keeping me from dropping this one sighhh ;; The humor and drama isn't really done well IMO, plus there aren't even much lovable characters. I loved both Carole and Tuesday at the start, but the way the anime has been going is making me start losing interest in the girls. The manager was annoying me from the start, and Roddy is a PRECIOUS BOY WHO DESERVES SO MUCH BETTER!!

So yeah, I just wish the show gets better again soon :(

also, Mermaid Sisters may have lost the competition but they have won our hearts <33
Jun 13, 2019 11:24 AM

Nov 2011
Mermaid sisters! Mermaid sisters! Mermaid sisters!
Go! Go! Go! <З
Jun 13, 2019 12:30 PM

Aug 2013
Mermaid Sisters!!!! Their song!! Iconic! It had me cracking up.

Can't wrap my head around Cybelle's character. I wonder how the story with her will develop...
Jun 14, 2019 4:38 AM

Jan 2015
BEST EPISODE OF THE SERIES HANDS DOWN LMFAO
I STAN THOSE MERMAID SISTERS THEY GIVE ME LIFEEEEE. Had some good laughs I wasn’t expecting it at all lol

Anyway, great episode. Cybelle is so annoying, thank god they got rid of her soon. Angela’s song was soooooo good tho
XenocrisiJun 14, 2019 4:42 AM
Jun 14, 2019 10:59 AM

May 2015
That was a good episode. As usual bunch more music.

The Tuesday fan is starting to test my patience with that character.

Also I swear the song Ange sang was Carol and Tuesday song and that's why Tao came to question them or is that just me ?
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jun 14, 2019 10:38 PM

Mar 2009
What the hell did I just watch?

Meh. I'm only watching this for Angela, at the moment.
Jun 14, 2019 11:44 PM

Oct 2014
That thing you sarcastically insult sold a ton fck more than this anime you made will ever be, tho, dear Director-san.
Jun 15, 2019 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
Mermaid Sisters got robbed.

Cybelle is a fucking psycopath
Jun 15, 2019 8:28 PM

Nov 2015
Thought Cybelle was kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinda cute at first, but now she's just straight out of a bad wattpad fanfiction. Her song was cool.

I really hope the awkward humor is done to be ironic. Everytime that dog AI made a "joke" I lowkey wanted to die.

Fucking Bullshit was hilarious. Mermaid Sisters should of won, even if GGK(?) was super cool.
Jun 16, 2019 8:00 AM
Jan 2019
Wow! This competition is really exciting.
1.GGK is somewhat insane, but his music is immersive. The truth is, I thought I would sing Indian music, I'm sorry 😅.
2. Mermaid Sisters, those guys are really crazy. Hahaha, the lyrics of his song were pure garbage. They said rudeness, but with grace. LOL 😂.
3. Cybelle, that woman is very crazy and sick. I had never seen such a toxic fan (in the anime). She sings very well, but her personality and attitude is really annoying. Thank heaven that Tuesday had value. I hope it does not cause problems for Carole & Tuesday later. NEVER RETURN CYBELLE!
4. Angela, demons! Mr. Tao has trained her very well. The public and the judges already see her as a future pop star.
Practically, she already has the contest in her hands. It has followers and popularity. It will be a tough opponent for Carole & Tuesday. I underestimated it.
5. Mr. Tao, I think he recognized the talent of Carole & Tuesday, since he only went to the contest to ask them personally about how they wrote their songs and left out the presentation of Angela xD.
Carole & Tuesday are unique and he knows it.
Jun 17, 2019 8:03 AM

Oct 2013
Cybelle > Angela
But I understand the decision here. Angela's performance was probably superior, just not her song.

But man that first round killed it. The Mermaid Sisters had me straight up lmao, and GGK was lovely. That smooth, bizarre, galactic synthpop was touching me in the right spots. Not typically my style, but it's hard not to love. Best song this episode IMO.

Bulldog Anthem still #1 though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 17, 2019 4:48 PM

Jul 2016
Cybelle is kinda weird and she really needs to take a hint and back off from Tuesday, but damn, she can sing, and was honestly the best performance yet. Obviously she should have won the round, but Angela needs to win, for like, plot reasons. GGK was probably 2nd best, I mean I love her mysterious vibe. Mermaid Sisters were f*cking hilarious, not gonna lie. I'll be honest, Angela sings pretty good, but her song sounds like another generic pop song.
Jun 17, 2019 7:51 PM

Jun 2015
cybelle is creepy but gives me a weird kind vibe?? it would've been hilarious if she won over angela, but of course we need her to go up against carole & tuesday. cybelle can sing, and so can angela, just angela's song was something you could hear anywhere on the radio.
although, the true winners were mermaid sisters. took me five seconds to realize this isn't a parody or anything, now that's hilarious.
Jun 19, 2019 12:48 PM

Jun 2011
-Seriously, these mermaid girls are going to be on the worst singers list, singing a song with nothing but bad words in it, I'm surprised they haven't rapped. That is the worst song I ever heard in my entire life, they clearly have not put in effort. Everyone's reaction to it is funny.
- Tuesday got a love bite from an annoying gay fan. This is what you get for being passive, Tuesday, can't believe you're the same girl that set off the fire alarm.
-
Her song I think is a bit better than Cybelle's.
-Fuck you, Cybelle!
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jun 19, 2019 4:25 PM

Mar 2016
music was good I really liked milky way, but this show is starting to make me a little uncomfortable. The way the queer characters are portrayed is a little weird for me, part of it is being trans I am more sensitive to it than most people but this is a little too much. The trans mother being abusive, mannish and generally unlikable, cybele clearly a lesbian is a creepy psycho who gets worse in the next episode, dj Erteagun who's bi (some of his first dialogue is about it) hitting on Roddy and being generally unpleasant, and the mermaid sisters (are gender queer) being violent, crass weirdos. Gus's wife was bi and awesome but I don't think it counteracts the rest. Maybe I'm being sensitive but I'm someone who is usually ok with this type of thing. I don't think it is super offensive or anything, it is more just really distracting and uncomfortable bc it is pretty overt and really frequent. It's not like you can't have queer characters be bad people but there's a way to do it and this isn't it. I've been wanting to watch this show bc the first episode was amazing but this episode, there are parts that are good but this episode has been kind of the most blatant so far.
Jun 22, 2019 12:07 PM

Dec 2016
Another great episode, all the performances were pretty great/memorable
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 28, 2019 9:26 AM

Jul 2016
Loving this show so much! Every performance is stunning and surprising! The songs are really nice
Jul 5, 2019 8:25 AM

Dec 2015
I literally repeated Mermaid Sisters's song like 10 times in a row. I'm their biggest fan lmao
Jul 10, 2019 5:13 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that Tao is showing interest in Carole and Tuesday.

omg Cybelle is a dangerous fanboy.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 12, 2019 12:32 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Another Great Episode!

Mermaid Sister’s performance was bloody shocking and got me lmao. “Fucking Bullshit”, now that’s you make an iconic debut xD. GGK’s song and presentation was somewhat interesting but I really think Mermaid Sisters should’ve gone ahead lol (I’m just kidding here). Cybelle’s performance was solid but Angela’s was stunning so tough luck on her part. Cybelle is starting to be really creepy now, so that bite was ‘marking’ her yikes. Good thing Tuesday mustered up the courage there and declined the offer, I would’ve preferred her to make it clear that she wanted to perform with Carole but whatever. I’m surprised Tuesday’s mother hasn’t contacted her yet since she’s on television now despite her busy schedule but I’m assuming that’s coming sooner or later. On another note, Tao notices the potential that Carole & Tuesday holds and apparently only visited for that lol. Poor Angela.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 14, 2019 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
mermaid sisters are the real waifus
Jul 14, 2019 12:15 PM

Mar 2014
OMG, lmao, I lost it during the Mermaid Sisters segment.
"Fucking bullshit. Goddamn bullshit!"
So catchy! lol. xD

That universe girl is pretty mystical and had a good performance, too.

Aside from that, Cybelle was a creep, but her performance was also good.

Angela's song was kind of trash, though. It definitely rang true to it being an AI-powered composition, as it was lacking sincerity.
I do wonder if Carole & Tuesday will end up winning the competition, though, despite them clearly being the better musicians. I could see the plot going either way, with them winning and showing Angela up, or them losing and having to climb their way back up.
I guess we'll see what happens.
::End of Transmission::

Jul 20, 2019 7:58 PM

May 2015
Ok Cybelle, you need to get the hell out of here.

GGK's been having too much dank weed. Get her outta here!

Benito is that one judge who likes every performance...

What an analogy with Mermaids and genders...

I'm done. I'm done. This show needs to end here. It's done. It's never getting better than this. It's done. Mermaid Sisters is the best thing to ever happen in all of media. You will never see this happen on any talent show or singing contest. It's over. Let's just end the series here. Carole and Tuesday don't even matter anymore. We should have just called this show Mermaid Sisters. I don't care any more. It's over. This series is over. Just...just let it go. It's done.

Cybelle sounds like GGK...except in French...

Move Mountains? They're making her sing this again?

Look at the Catherine bias...

Great...Cybelle is that overobsessed fan who's going to ruin Tuesday's life after being rejected. I'm not going to like where this is going...
Aug 1, 2019 11:52 AM

Dec 2016
What the heck was with the song of Mermaid Sisters? XD That was unique and unexpected.

Cybelle is malicious and very selfish too :/ Hope I won't see her again, but she might appear again... Tuesday should have created a wall from the beginning. I have a bad feeling that Cybelle will ruin her life, especially Carole & Tuesday's career :( Not good...

Angela did great, but I still dislike her character. Also, great episode!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Aug 1, 2019 10:31 PM

Jul 2016
Well, I guess I'm of the few ones who found GGK's performance quite captivating. Even if Mermaid Sisters would have made a proper song, I would have still preferred GGK over them.

Anyways, it was a nice episode, albeit not the most entertaining one. Regarding Cybelle and considering the amount of people who dislike her, I was really expecting something more dramatic to happen during this episode. Sure, the bite was creepy as shit but it didn't end up being something of major importance for the story. I have a feeling she will show up again later on tho.

And by the way, I know I should empathize with Angela and the whole domestic abuse issue but so far, I haven't felt anything towards her. It may be due to her cocky personality but I really hope her storyline become more interesting in the next episodes.
Aug 9, 2019 9:33 AM

Nov 2018
my God I was expecting... stuff from mermaid sisters and can't believe it was as much as getting a whole song about swearing with skilled harmonies. I didn't like their song at all lyrically if anyone is curious about that by any chance. I liked GGK's performance though, it was quite something.
I don't like Cybelle, she gives me yandere vibes and I really dislike that archetype unless its pseudo-yandere with justifiable mindset or redemption.
Angela's performance was really something. I clapped.
Aug 10, 2019 2:50 PM
Jul 2014
GGK was a good performance, Angela's was nice too. So far loving this arc.
Aug 21, 2019 6:31 AM
Nov 2017
I'm surprised a PĢ-13 series can have so many cuss words and f-bombs. Mermaid Sisters was legendary. Best song in the whole of anime
Aug 21, 2019 6:31 AM
Nov 2017
I'm surprised a PĢ-13 series can have so many cuss words and f-bombs. Mermaid Sisters was legendary. Best song in the whole of anime
Aug 25, 2019 10:01 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, Who else totally ships Tuesday and Cybelle? Am I alone?
That french performance of Cybelle was just beautiful. Such a cool air about her, she's quite a tomboy and, and... to this day there are not enough Yuri Anime out there! Can't wait for Doujinshis. lol
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Aug 26, 2019 10:50 AM

Dec 2015
Coming back to this after several weeks, it's still as great as I remember it to be! All of the artists had cool songs, and the Mermaid sisters were awesome, but my favorite one had to be Angela's song. It'll be interesting to see how our main characters fair against her, I look forward to the showdown!
Sep 11, 2019 1:51 PM

Dec 2016
as someone that heard the fucking bullshit song on social media, i was in no way expecting it to originate from this fucking show. that was a surprise.

as was having a yandere, but, oh well, looks like the show's finally picking up.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Sep 19, 2019 7:59 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm cybelle is acting a bit yandere? Hmm.. tbh i liked her song more than angela

I thought the mermaids were awesome xD i just had to laugh lol

Dont like the attitude of angela.. but she prob reaches final as shes the antogonist or portrayed as such..

Sep 22, 2019 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
Cybelle you are creepy, just saying. Okay, the creepy and weirdly funny participants were fun (besides Cybelle...), but I don't like that Tuesday & Carole are the only normal human beings there so far. Little bit too much so far. ^^"
Oct 15, 2019 5:11 AM
Sep 2007
If the Mermaid Sister's song isn't a meme yet, it soon gonna be. Perfect reaction to almost anything.

Cybelle's song was nice, but she herself moves too much into yandere zone. Something bad is going to happen to Tuesday. Too bad Tuesday is too timid to fight back.

Nov 17, 2019 7:14 AM
Jul 2015
Stunned by that fuckin bullshit song
Nov 24, 2019 2:19 AM

Jul 2015
Holy damn the lyrics of the mermaid sisters are the most beautifull words I have ever heard, true lyrical geniuses

Cybelle is pretty crazy fan, but she can sing for sure, at least Tuesday told her that she doesn't want anything to do with her sort of..

Dec 3, 2019 2:25 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao Mermaid Sisters song best song

But yikes Cybelle is pure danger
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 16, 2020 11:50 PM

Oct 2018
It's been a long, long time since I outright laughed at an anime. Gabriel Dropout, Kaguya-sama, and Machikado Mazuko may have elicited a smile or two, but the performance of the Mermaid Sisters was just so shocking and in-your-face I couldn't help but chuckle in stunned surprise. All the songs this episode were quite good, I'm curious what everyone will perform in the following rounds.
Jan 19, 2020 8:31 AM

Mar 2018
I really loved Milky Way. Great song. Angela's song was a smooth pop anthem. Nice one.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

115 by Kamirura »»
Aug 23, 9:15 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

117 by MimiHamburger »»
Jun 30, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2019

111 by OtterBoy1 »»
Jun 9, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2019

212 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 28, 4:24 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2019

73 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 27, 8:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.