Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2018 11:54 AM
Apr 2016
Cloudy said:
Personally I found this an amazing episode. Full of character development. Exactly how I like it. First episode was very weird, taking into account we had no idea what's going on but this one was nice and slow. I'm really curious to see how the story is gonna advance since it doesn't look like it's gonna be as "serious" (life&death/kidnapping) as original SAO.

I believe what was shown in here is called a "character introduction". If we stand by Kuhn, I might be wrong. But what exactly developed in the characters, say, since the beginning of the episode, until its end? Considering this is a past point and the series actually begins some time later.
Re:formed
Apr 14, 2018 11:56 AM
Apr 2016
flannan said:
[
Daniel_Naumov said:
I would have preferred a background episode about "M", but I guess it will happen the next time. What will it be I wonder? A stoic sniper saves Pink Devil in distress? Hmmm...

The anime is arranged quite differently from the book, but don't expect his background soon anyway. M is about as mysterious as Pitohui, even if he is a bit saner.

Not anyhow pushing for it. Just letting others know in whom their faithful is interested at the most. Beside the tall beauty.
Apr 14, 2018 11:56 AM

Jul 2017
Ehh. They gave some background info but I really couldn't care.

Maybe its because im 190 cm in real life (for a dude and im not even that tall compared to many people). But I just couldnt care about hearing people that tall. I know a girl taller than her and she embraces it.

Ignoring that, the action visually looks good but I just dont care enough for the characters to even care for the action.

This anime has a lot of groundwork left to make me really care for this show.
Apr 14, 2018 11:59 AM

Dec 2015
flannan said:
joe_g7 said:
It would've been pretty hilarious if she finally got a cute character after all those tries, but it proved to be a boy. Would've been fun to watch her struggle with that.
I think one of the rules of random character generation is keeping one's gender. It doesn't mean Kirito can't get an avatar that looks like a pretty girl, but is actually a boy, though. Something about people being uncomfortable having an avatar of a different gender for long periods.
I know, yeah. It's just that when I saw how happy she was when she finally got a cute & short character, this thought passed through my mind and made chuckle a bit.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 14, 2018 12:05 PM
Mar 2009
Okey episode not the best but not bad but I say something is wrong to hell and back when a spin off is 1000 times better than the official anime. Like where was your brains when doing the official series ?
Apr 14, 2018 12:07 PM

Nov 2009
Wasshio said:
I understand that height complexes are a thing and I understand to a certain degree about the protagonist... it's just the novel blew it to a point where it LOOKED like everything around her life was complete shit because of her height complex (not even Kirito's BACKGROUND was overly blown like that). Fortunately, they just placed it to where its acceptable and can be digested. Which I'm SO happy about that.

Kirito's background? It was quite ordinary. At least, before he became a shell-shocked veteran.
You meant Sinon's background, right?

Daniel_Naumov said:
Nayrael said:

The point of my post was not to say that it makes the character likable. It's just giving out information ;P

I guess the author wanted to empower the idea that the VR is good for those who are not satisfied with their real life selves, but he could not do it by making her ugly (mainstream media practically forbids heroines that are not pretty), sickly (mainstream media wants her to be an active girl in real life), angry at her biological gender (mainstream media blah blah blah), or anything else that Editors don't want. So... height.
Not sure how much height is problem for Japanese girls. Being too high and angry about it seems to be far from uncommon as a trope in Japanese entertainment.

Considering Asians are the next step before gnomes, it is quite a big problem for newer generations of developing children, who by not looking like others are having difficulties to fit into the highly enclosed society (which is basic info). You did not know about concept, here it goes.
Also, "wanted to empower the idea that the VR is good for those who are not satisfied with their real life selves"? Do you understand what "Art" is supposed to be? Try seeing Ready Player One. There will be one A.I. who has some insight on how great running away from reality into VR is. And this series, hopefully, supposedly and inevitably, should lead even the AVERAGEST, DUMBEST VIEWER, to understanding, that running away from reality is not anyhow dignified. It is the values, it is the symbolism. And so far, it is there.

You have a very weird view of what "Art" is. Art isn't all about preaching the government-supported pro-establishment lies.
Sorry, but this "real world" is a fucked-up place, and people have no right to say I should never look away from it.
Well, by the end of this anime, even the dumbest, mediocrest viewer like you will understand that games are fun.
Apr 14, 2018 12:10 PM

Nov 2009
SwordBreaker28 said:
Okey episode not the best but not bad but I say something is wrong to hell and back when a spin off is 1000 times better than the official anime. Like where was your brains when doing the official series ?

1) I think it's been said like a hundred of times, but SAO Alternative: GGO is written by a different person than the main storyline.
2) No, it's not really better than the main story. You either prefer stories like SAO:A:GGO better, or are allowing the "SAO is bad" meme take over your brain.
Apr 14, 2018 12:30 PM

Jan 2017
Honestly don't have much to say about this anime, it's just enjoyable.
I found it really endearing for her to have chosen the game so that she could behave like a chibi character; honestly, I have short person problems so I can relate.

I have the strangest feeling that Pitohui is going to have a problem in real life, hopefully not true though.
Apr 14, 2018 12:31 PM

Jul 2015
I liked this episode more than the first, it was nice to know more about the protagonist and how she got to the game, the tutorial was really funny too.

I disapprove that she doesn't like how she looks IRL tho, she might be tall but she was definitely adorable as well n_n
Apr 14, 2018 12:32 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Only in anime do tall gorgeous long haired girls wish they looked like 10 year olds (and little girls are considered more attractive too lol,lol). About the only downside to being tall is plane seats. Even the problem with getting clothes that fit has been solved by internet shopping.

Pito's avatar on the other hand is seriously foxy. But that name must be a hard sell in Latin american markets, LOL.
FarabeufApr 14, 2018 12:43 PM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 14, 2018 12:33 PM
Mar 2009
flannan said:
SwordBreaker28 said:

1) I think it's been said like a hundred of times, but SAO Alternative: GGO is written by a different person than the main storyline.
2) No, it's not really better than the main story. You either prefer stories like SAO:A:GGO better, or are allowing the "SAO is bad" meme take over your brain.

1.Okey I did not know that.

2. Reason I hate SAO is how they destroyed it by making Asuna and hes cousin relay annoying and adding that we gonna play pretend family with an AI bullshit for a few episodes. So SAO kinda fucked them self taking a good story and then fuck it up with a few episodes of bullshittery and then they keep at it with that AI. Well if you want a kid wait till your 18 then stick your pp in asuna and have one instead of some AI.
Apr 14, 2018 12:44 PM

Nov 2009
SwordBreaker28 said:
flannan said:

1.Okey I did not know that.

2. Reason I hate SAO is how they destroyed it by making Asuna and hes cousin relay annoying and adding that we gonna play pretend family with an AI bullshit for a few episodes. So SAO kinda fucked them self taking a good story and then fuck it up with a few episodes of bullshittery and then they keep at it with that AI. Well if you want a kid wait till your 18 then stick your pp in asuna and have one instead of some AI.

I don't find neither Asuna, nor Suguha, nor Yui annoying.
I mean, I can understand when some people don't want to see Sugou "Oberon" Nobuyuki or Kyouji "Spiegel" Shinkawa in their entertainment due to seeing too many of these types IRL.
But in my experience, LLENN is the type of character that is way more likely to be called "annoying" than Asuna or Suguha.
Apr 14, 2018 12:56 PM
Apr 2016
flannan said:
Wasshio said:
I understand that height complexes are a thing and I understand to a certain degree about the protagonist... it's just the novel blew it to a point where it LOOKED like everything around her life was complete shit because of her height complex (not even Kirito's BACKGROUND was overly blown like that). Fortunately, they just placed it to where its acceptable and can be digested. Which I'm SO happy about that.

Kirito's background? It was quite ordinary. At least, before he became a shell-shocked veteran.
You meant Sinon's background, right?

Daniel_Naumov said:

Considering Asians are the next step before gnomes, it is quite a big problem for newer generations of developing children, who by not looking like others are having difficulties to fit into the highly enclosed society (which is basic info). You did not know about concept, here it goes.
Also, "wanted to empower the idea that the VR is good for those who are not satisfied with their real life selves"? Do you understand what "Art" is supposed to be? Try seeing Ready Player One. There will be one A.I. who has some insight on how great running away from reality into VR is. And this series, hopefully, supposedly and inevitably, should lead even the AVERAGEST, DUMBEST VIEWER, to understanding, that running away from reality is not anyhow dignified. It is the values, it is the symbolism. And so far, it is there.

You have a very weird view of what "Art" is. Art isn't all about preaching the government-supported pro-establishment lies.
Sorry, but this "real world" is a fucked-up place, and people have no right to say I should never look away from it.
Well, by the end of this anime, even the dumbest, mediocrest viewer like you will understand that games are fun.

I guess some really do want art to cater to their selfish desires, oh well... Let's hope it does cater to you, and does not become a humiliation in the process.
Apr 14, 2018 1:02 PM
Mar 2009
Asuna is annoying because they made her a in the start as a girl who can stand up for her self then turned her in to a weak girl who can´t do shit with out Kirito. Asuna strikes me a bit as Naru Narusegawa from love hina a girl that gets angry for nothing and is overly violent.

Suguha is your typical I love him but I don´t have the tits to do shit about it and is always boring kind of character.

Yui is not annoying but the idea they did fucked it all up hey we start of as a serius anime then we go to la la land and play pretend with an AI I can say Yui is kinda cute AI but does episodes where they pretend to play family should have been like Specials and not part of the original because it totally for me destroyed the feeling of the anime.

It would be like if you took the dark story of Persona and right in the middle started friendship is magic bullshit.

But I would not care if they whole anime as light hearted but just switch back and forth no thanks. Reason I watch Berserk was because some times I like that dark gritty stuff and some times I like light hearted and calm anime like Centaur no Nayami and some times I like a space opera and what not.

Sure I dont mind if an anime is a mix of both seriousness and comedy if you do it right but sword art just went like, take this serious thing where people die and shit throw it out the window a bit then take it back in. Nope that made me hate SAO. I gave it a score of 2 here because of how much they made me hate it I hope the newer SAO show will be better I so hope so and I hope They get a real f-ing kid like real human people do.
Apr 14, 2018 1:03 PM

Sep 2015
Wasshio said:

Having custom avatars is one of the more essential parts of any game that relies on own characters or own-representatives, so it is rather even more skeptical about the writing which gets me a bit more on my nerves.

But aside from those two complaints, an alright episode personally. They at least fixed some problems I had with the original novel, but that's not saying much.

Titadou said:
So here's the dumb excuse to why she play on a fps : "she was tall in every mmorpg she tried".

SERIOUSLY ?! wtf is this DUMB and UNREALSTIC future or you can't even chose your avatar on ALL THE GAMES (almost 40!) and you just can pray to have one you like ? Nice nobrain plot.

The characters if they are customizable in the games, but it is something you can do after you create an avatar in a random way, Karen's problem is that she could never do it because the heart rate was kick her from the game when she saw her avatar.

I do not remember where to read that in GGO changing the avatar has a cost.

On the other hand, the complain that he does not "do not know about games" is silly, I've been playing MMORPG since 2002 with Final Fantasy XI and a vision like the one exposed in these games or what Dot Hack was at the time are the Necessary to remove the thorn of Word of Warcraft and its game scheme, which works wonderfully and makes a magnificent balance but does not risk as in its time was Final Fantasy XI

PD: As an opinion, Reki when he started writing he did it very badly but over time he has been improving enough to the point that Alicization seems written by another person, something similar happens with the Remake of the first arc, Progressive.
NayoutApr 14, 2018 1:10 PM
Apr 14, 2018 1:16 PM

Apr 2018
Wow, Keiichi Sigsawa actually knows how to write female characters properly, unlike a certain someone LMAO
Apr 14, 2018 1:25 PM

Dec 2016
I'd be lying if I said I didn't love and look forward to watching this show lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 14, 2018 1:25 PM
Apr 2016
I fail to fathom, when did SAO Alt.:GGO become a forum for expressing hatred on an another series? This is an episode discussion thread, everyone is supposed to be discussing the episode, not aimlessly hating (because it was already done in about 3 pages for the first episode) on something that has nothing to do with this episode liKE INFANTILE ADOLESCENT! Surely makes the whole point of "discussing" void.
Apr 14, 2018 1:31 PM
May 2017
The world of VRMMOs is still really dumb from a game design perspective. Seriously is Kaiba just secretly trolling all these game developers by making it impossible to implement character customization? I know its a feature left over from the main series but is it really hard to believe that a video game wouldn't go through a major update like adding character customization? It was a bad joke then and its a bad joke here too. There had to be easier and more logical ways to explain why Karen chose GGO.

Despite my problems with this world, I actually think I can get behind this story. Its relatable enough, continues some of the good ideas SAO left behind and while LLenn hasn't sold me as a character I can empathize with her.
SAO has a lot of wasted potential but I'm hopeful that some of that potential can still be put to use.
Apr 14, 2018 1:31 PM

Jul 2016
Lleen has a strong complex about her height. I can see why, though. She's so much much taller than almost everyone around her. 37 tries to finally get a small and cute character isn't really worth it in my opinion, but I personally liked her ALO avatar. At least she got excited about GGO, got her guns and everything. She made a god friend when she met Pito. I cannot wait to see their fight.

This series may only be ok, but at least it holds your interest.

Apr 14, 2018 1:36 PM

Jun 2017
ResidentSleeper episode

Apr 14, 2018 1:43 PM

Sep 2015
GrowingLore said:
The world of VRMMOs is still really dumb from a game design perspective. Seriously is Kaiba just secretly trolling all these game developers by making it impossible to implement character customization? I know its a feature left over from the main series but is it really hard to believe that a video game wouldn't go through a major update like adding character customization? It was a bad joke then and its a bad joke here too. There had to be easier and more logical ways to explain why Karen chose GGO.

Guys plz
"The characters if they are customizable in the games, but it is something you can do after you create an avatar in a random way, Karen's problem is that she could never do it because the heart rate was kick her from the game when she saw her avatar"
Apr 14, 2018 1:55 PM

Mar 2012
Another good episode, damn. The fact that player characters were randomized was kind of dumb, but that's alright. A randomized MC is a choice in a lot of games. Perhaps she just didn't know she could customize her appearance and make herself shorter after creating the avatar. That would've made more sense.
Apr 14, 2018 1:59 PM

Dec 2017
aahh, so the story will go this path. well, then this won't be anything amazing, certainly not the gem of the season. just a boring life in another world

and is she the only one in the whole damn town that maxed out agility? that's gonna be a joke, right? a shit ton of players and only one shown abusing attributes
Apr 14, 2018 3:09 PM
May 2017
Nayout said:
GrowingLore said:

Guys plz
"The characters if they are customizable in the games, but it is something you can do after you create an avatar in a random way, Karen's problem is that she could never do it because the heart rate was kick her from the game when she saw her avatar"

Okay, I can accept that answer to an extent. Anxiety disorders don't have to be completely rational and booting a person out of a game due to high heart rate sounds logical and is a pre-established part of the world. However I'm sorry but that just leads me to more questions then answers:
Why doesn't she just go back into the game and do just that (Logically I'd expect to see that option in the menu probably before she fully enters the game). If it costs money then okay that's still a dumb rule but some games are like that. She could also just make a new account entirely.
If she's really that terrified of her height in game does this effect her IRL? Does she hyper ventilate every time she looks into a mirror IRL?
If a higher heart rate due to fear automatically boots someone out of a game does that mean VR horror games are banned?
That one doesn't really matter I'm just really currious.
I know its a minor detail that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of the story but I do hope the heart rate moniter gets a broader explanation.
Apr 14, 2018 3:18 PM

Feb 2017
FMmatron said:
So this where the series actually starts or at least where we got more backround about Karen. Being tall isn't always great :/

Lol,her reaction when she got a short and cute avatar was so adorable. Also nice to see how she got P-chan xD

Pito is also pretty cool. Wonder what she's like in rl.

My guess is that Pito is a teacher based on the Edo period comment, and the way she asks "don't you remember?" the way a teacher would ask a student
Apr 14, 2018 3:32 PM
Jul 2018
Disregard me, just came here to say "Pito" means penis in spanish.
"You can call me Penis-chan", imagine how hard I laughed XD
Apr 14, 2018 3:36 PM

Dec 2016
This girl is a bit of a weirdo watching her react the way she did every time a new character was created, I actually like taller girls. One of those avatars kinda looked like a female Frieza.

That was pretty funny watching the tutorial part.

Yeah I think I would also go after low level monsters when starting out to gain experience.

Good to see she made a friend, now to wait and see if Llenn can beat her and fulfill their vow.
Apr 14, 2018 3:37 PM
May 2016
I was surprised, the cafe scenes weren't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be, I guess that's how it goes when there isn't much exposition to give. I thought it was pretty cool how LLENN started PKing other players. Pito seems nice, though I feel like some of the scenes with her were rushed
Apr 14, 2018 3:48 PM

Mar 2016
And thus P-chan was born.
Lol fun episode again.
Apr 14, 2018 3:49 PM

Sep 2016
NG_Calen said:
I was surprised, the cafe scenes weren't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be, I guess that's how it goes when there isn't much exposition to give. I thought it was pretty cool how LLENN started PKing other players. Pito seems nice, though I feel like some of the scenes with her were rushed

When the first cafe exposition dump scene started to play out I felt visceral dread. I remember the original GGO arc and how it took Kirito THREE GODDAMN EPISODES to get in the game because the director decided to pad for time with GODDAMN 20 MINUTE CAFE EXPOSITION DUMPS. It's one of many problems throughout the whole arc. One of MANY problems.

This one lasted 30 seconds. Or less. I think. I can't help but feel that the sole purpose of that scene was to mock the director of the original GGO arc. If this is actually the case, this anime has already won me over.

Ravioli ravioli, Kirito will NOT touch this loli.
Ravioli ravioli, Kirito will not touch the loli.
Apr 14, 2018 3:49 PM
Feb 2012
Honestly this episode blew my expectations out of the water.

I already was feeling pretty good about first episode. Opening is amazing, MC is cute, action looks really good, art is great. I was just mainly a bit aprehensive about the cast. Was worried it just be LLEN and bunch of gray looking characters.

But Episode 2 really blew it out the park. Lot of characters introduced, really funny and well written scenes, it was just great.

Most importantly though was the antagonist. It so rare that we get a antagonist in a action anime that isn't super evil or mean. It so incredibly refreshing to have a friendly rival as a antagonist. For me once antagonist was introduced I went from a 8/10 to a 11/10. Super excited for the next episode.
Apr 14, 2018 4:00 PM

Nov 2016
jeremy24tyler said:
FMmatron said:
So this where the series actually starts or at least where we got more backround about Karen. Being tall isn't always great :/

Lol,her reaction when she got a short and cute avatar was so adorable. Also nice to see how she got P-chan xD

Pito is also pretty cool. Wonder what she's like in rl.

My guess is that Pito is a teacher based on the Edo period comment, and the way she asks "don't you remember?" the way a teacher would ask a student

Yeah,maybe. Hope they reveal it soon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2018 4:07 PM

Sep 2015
GrowingLore said:
Nayout said:

Guys plz

Okay, I can accept that answer to an extent. Anxiety disorders don't have to be completely rational and booting a person out of a game due to high heart rate sounds logical and is a pre-established part of the world. However I'm sorry but that just leads me to more questions then answers:
Why doesn't she just go back into the game and do just that (Logically I'd expect to see that option in the menu probably before she fully enters the game). If it costs money then okay that's still a dumb rule but some games are like that. She could also just make a new account entirely.
If she's really that terrified of her height in game does this effect her IRL? Does she hyper ventilate every time she looks into a mirror IRL?
If a higher heart rate due to fear automatically boots someone out of a game does that mean VR horror games are banned?
That one doesn't really matter I'm just really currious.
I know its a minor detail that doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of the story but I do hope the heart rate moniter gets a broader explanation.

Much of the information is not said because unfortunately are things that have never been treated in the series and are left unanswered (or even better explained in the games released to the market)

-When you enter an MMO and you create a character, you are given a predefined character which then you have to customize, eh there the problem that the MC can not, the first game he tried was Alfheim choosing the Sylphs (elves) by almost normal general the elves in the MMO usually have a stature even greater than the normal races.

Afterwards she started to continue testing MMO and every time the heart rate increased due to the disappointments, Karen wanted a small character and not only that, a character that looked cute. Now why Karen increased the heart rate when I saw her figure in a game no idea, I do not understand much about anxiety and how this can affect the lives of people.

Information about how Amusphere works is here, and Augma
http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/AmuSphere
http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Augma

"The system has been modified to make it safer than its predecessor by changing the microwave transmitter to a low-frequency one and the incorporation of various sensors that continually monitor blood pressure and brain waves. provoked. This, by default, includes an option that automatically logs out a person if the avatar begins to fall asleep.Unlike the NerveGear, the AmuSphere is not equipped with an internal battery.

In addition to other safety measures, the AmuSphere does not block out signals from the body to the extent of its predecessor, the NerveGear, or some players may rent a specialized room which blocks all the external interference, designed to make the experience inside the virtual world all the more realistic. "

NayoutApr 14, 2018 4:13 PM
Apr 14, 2018 4:15 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
So pretty much an intro to how LLENN got into GGO and the beginning of the Squad Jam event. . Although i'm curious if having ALO installed is a must to play GGO. Either way i found the episode to be pretty relaxing and fun. That woman making fun of LLENN aka Karen because she is small and has bad aim lol
That gun that Karen used to kill them boars looked somewhat similar or made me remember the Halo Beam Rifle.
I'm liking the show thus far. GGO seems like a more serious game compared to ALO.

Apr 14, 2018 4:25 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I wasn't sure what to expect from this anime but I actually really like this. Much more light-hearted than the main SAO series which is a nice change of pace, and with a very cute and likeable main character as well on top of the always enjoyable VR enviroment... it's just plain fun to watch
Apr 14, 2018 4:55 PM

Aug 2014
i wish current games had that game character transfer thing.. i remember some WoW private servers having something similiar but thats just one game..

and yeah im really into this so far
Apr 14, 2018 5:06 PM
Sep 2012
Achaman said:
i wish current games had that game character transfer thing.. i remember some WoW private servers having something similiar but thats just one game..

and yeah im really into this so far

If only.

The reason that they could have a character transfer feature in the first place is most likely because of the "World Seed" that Kazuto Kirigaya released for free for other VRMMO developers to create. All games using the Seed as their base allows conversion of one account in a Seed-based VR world to another.
Apr 14, 2018 5:06 PM

Jun 2013
a nice background episode
Apr 14, 2018 5:12 PM

Aug 2012
I wish every FPS game had that tutorial.
Apr 14, 2018 5:13 PM

Feb 2013
So she became a PKer because of what the stupid tutorial said.
Apr 14, 2018 5:18 PM

Sep 2015
So your transferred avatar still got randomize by new game's system? BS! look at everyone on main story they have same avatar from SAO.

Can she just delete and recreate the avatar on same game? she don't know anything about game? there should be "delete" option next to to "create" avatar selection? is there no "delete" option? wtf is this garbage?

"Speed" stat is the most broken stat for all game in SAO universe even she can become PK while she still "NEW" to game.

Everyone can become Kirito using "Speed" and Sword on GGO and yet nobody even think using Sword on GGO until Kirito.
Into the Internet!
Apr 14, 2018 5:41 PM

May 2015
I didn’t notice how tall she is (her vs the background/scale in the anime) until she hit the sign at the street. She is really tall...
Apr 14, 2018 5:59 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I find it odd that there wasn't a single game with character customization. So the game just randomly creates your character? That doesn't really make much sense since other games, like SAO, for example, have shown that character customization is a thing, like when in the very first episode a girl changed to a guy when SAO was taken over.

That was the only real thing that bothered me. Other than that I liked them exploring more of GGO, I always thought it was a cool game. I felt like the pink desert was kind of lame though.

The sexy blonde tutorial woman who is clearly parodying an American woman was pretty hilarious though.

Pito was really sexy. I just get a feeling she'll be an antagonist by the end of this though.

I couldn't help but laugh when one of the background characters said "no way, that's a guy!"
Apr 14, 2018 6:00 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
I was expecting Pito to be some sort of mega bitch considering the opening and the image for SAO Alternative, but she's a really nice person. But I guess we shall find out what happens between her and LLENN in the next episode and why they stopped being a two-squad team.

I do hope they both meet up in real life by the end of this series.
Apr 14, 2018 6:01 PM

May 2015
190 cm tall...That's 6'2...That's a giant in Asian countries.

You mean she went through all those games, but none of them had the option to customize character height? Are they behind a paywall or something? Come on!

"Optical Weapons are lightweight and have good range." Basically the hitscan guns.
"Live-Ammo Weapons are powerful, but their bullets are affected by wind." I'm going to call bullshit until I see this anime implement bullet drop, because whenever something like that gets mentioned, anime tend to completely forget about it afterwards. I doubt LLENN will have to worry about bullet drop though since she always seems to shoot up close.

"Excellent! Never pick up a Sniper Rifle again!" How could you be playing a shooter and never use a sniper? Snipers are fun! So LLENN is the the run-and-gun spray-and-pray type. Well given her speed and P90, she can close in on Snipers easily. Then again, what if there is a stat that speeds up aiming down sights? Dexterity? There better be a character with MAX Dexterity in here! It's the only way to contest a MAX Agility player!

In the previous episode, I mentioned that Pink isn't good for the game since you can easily see it...but of course a pink outfit makes a great camouflage if the environment is also pink!

I expected Pito to be one of those loony gunners, but it's just her being one of the few female players that likes using guns. A simple big sister to LLENN. I do like that she uses different guns every now and then, so that means she must be well-rounded. That was an AK-47 she was holding right? Or something close to it? Also, please tell me that there are shotguns in this game.
TarotistApr 14, 2018 6:12 PM
Apr 14, 2018 6:22 PM
Jul 2016
Need more of Miyu (Hokkaido Best Friend Character)! Would marry! 10/10!
Apr 14, 2018 6:31 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty nice episode. We get to see more of the MC's life IRL and see how she was when she first joined GGO. I dont get how the camo thing works as her outfit and color do not match the sand. Also P chan is still the cutest name for a weapon i ever heard lol.
Apr 14, 2018 6:53 PM

Sep 2015
ZBlastHistory said:
So your transferred avatar still got randomize by new game's system? BS! look at everyone on main story they have same avatar from SAO.

Can she just delete and recreate the avatar on same game? she don't know anything about game? there should be "delete" option next to to "create" avatar selection? is there no "delete" option? wtf is this garbage?

"Speed" stat is the most broken stat for all game in SAO universe even she can become PK while she still "NEW" to game.

Everyone can become Kirito using "Speed" and Sword on GGO and yet nobody even think using Sword on GGO until Kirito.

1. "The system makes the player choose one of nine races of fairies for their avatar, each with different abilities and affinities toward magic. Unlike Sword Art Online's system, the player has their game avatar created randomly and only have the freedom to choose their avatar name and select the race of the character. However, for an extra fee, players can reconstruct their characters to their liking. The gender of the player's avatar will match the player's gender in real life by default, and the player cannot change it by any means"
http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/ALfheim_Online

2.About the mechanics is not known, nothing has been mentioned about this in the novels or games but seeing that these games are handled in terms of classes such as FFXI and FFXIV, having more characters is almost useless. Now regarding the other, the girl can not even see options before the game disconnects her.

Tarotist said:
please tell me that there are shotguns in this game.

3. http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Pale_Rider
"Pale Rider was a STR-type player"

I would call a person, new after playing 3 months, especially if that person is informed of what is playing reading guides.

4. The existence of swords within the game tells that they are for use, even for a niche of players, there you have Pale Rider that uses shotguns, a weapon that has not been seen more in all GGO, the closest thing to a meele combat.

EDIT: Wiki

NayoutApr 14, 2018 7:09 PM
Apr 14, 2018 6:57 PM

Jun 2016
SupremeEdgelord said:
Meh, just a backstory episode that gives us the reason as to why she started playing and what got her in the squad jam. Not much happens.

But why can't you create a character in literally any game and instead it's random? That sucks considering that VRMMOS are kinda like a second life.

If you could create / design your character in vrmmorpgs, I think Kirito's harem would mostly be bunch of roleplaying old men.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

64 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 1:13 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 11 Discussion

18 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 10 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 9 Discussion

23 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 17, 11:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 8 Discussion

21 by CocoaGalaxy »»
Apr 16, 1:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.