Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 28, 2017 7:34 PM
Jul 2018
Very short review, but it's too short and sloppy to post it in the review-section, so... XD

Art, animation & colors
The animation and art are gorgeous. Also these colors are so beautiful!
I mean, the art also emphasis the feelings you should get about this Utopian-like island / paradise, which the Mud Whale is supposed to be at first sight.
I absolutely loved how the magic was animated too. x3

Sound
Liked the music, including OP, ED and OSTs very much as well. Well, that's about it? The OP is really beautiful.

Setting and the magic part
Oh boi, this one is great! *_* I absolutely love the setting. It looks very beautiful and the idea behind the Thymia and marked ones, who die earlier etc..., are very premising.

Story and characters
The characters are so-so. While I like Chakuro, Lykos and Nibi and Ouni is boy of the season without a question for me XD, I can't bring myself to feel connected to many of the others. The story did everything to develop them, but still... Chakuro and Lykos are likeable and all, but I can't bring myself to like them on a deeper level. You know, what I mean? ^^" Anyway, he was believable, because he never was in a fight before and is only 14 years old. I think, he did great, even if he had his weak moments.

Also, there were too many characters for only 12 episodes imo. They tried to introduce them and all, but many of them were pointless anyway (because some of them died right anyway, uh okay?) and that screentime was lost for the more important ones.

And the deaths were sad ofc, but I wasn't that attached to them to feel more about it than "aww, okay, that's sad."
The expectation was Nibi. His death and Ouni's grief scene was the absolutely best scene for me in the anime (yet - don't know, if there will be a 2nd season, but hope so. ^^) That scene really got me! From the pictures to the content of the scenes per se.

Uhm and Suo was an incompetent leader in my eyes. Just needed to say that lol. So many people died, because they couldn't defend themselves at first and he was still like: No need to fight. Let's be absolutely pacifistic.

My main problem with the story:
The main topic.
The "villains" were just... weird? I don't know. Tbh, I lost my concentration at their parts sometimes.
What is this whole emotion-topic about, if they laugh manicly, get angry and are afraid etc..? I couldn't bring myself to believe them. (OT: For me, it's the same problem I also already have with the vampires in Owari no Seraph. OH BOI, they actually do have a lot of, really a lot of, emotions as well!)
That topic started with Lykos, if I remember right, but she wasn't that different and always displayed feelings. Just because you are not so super-expressive about them, doesn't mean, you don't have any and that you still can't express them in subtle ways!?
Even if it's about oppressing emotions: they clearly don't and don't even really try to do so imo! XD
Let's be clear about this: I don't say that they SHOULD from my point of view, but it's important to them and a big theme of the story, but eeh...!?

Other thing:
And what's the point about these two emo-brothers? They come off as story-asspulls to create a new conflict out of the nothing imo.

----------

Uhm, tho I really like it, beautiful world, gorgeous art and colors and Ouni was boy of the season (srsly, he is really great. xD), also some other good characters and scenes there. Just the topic was not so displayed well and the cast was imo too huge for an one-cour-anime (yet?).

7/10 and I hope there will be a 2nd season. ^^
removed-userDec 28, 2017 7:45 PM
Dec 28, 2017 8:15 PM
Phantom Thief

Jan 2012
kind of a weak finale for the first season.

but man that to be continued screen.
cant wait for second season
Dec 30, 2017 1:32 AM

Mar 2009
As expected, the show just...ended. Pieces are in place but nothing was resolved by the end of it all. That's what happens when you only get 12 episodes I guess! Children of the Whales obviously would have benefited from being 2 cour.

I went into this show expecting a happy Ghibli-esque anime but it ended up being rather depressing and sad. Wasn't what I expected and because of that, I was a little down on the show from the beginning. World building was fine but I feel like that's all Children of the Whales really had. Character writing wasn't too great and if we talk about the visuals - well, Houseki no Kuni obviously overshadowed this one. So really, can't say I was too fond of the show. Disappointing is certainly the word.
Dec 30, 2017 9:35 AM
Sep 2009
6/10... some characters were indeed annoying, some clearly underdeveloped, and indeed inconsistencies in storytelling were egh. Was thinking about 7/10 plainly because of artwork, but nope.

I suspect S2 never.

EvilDragonDec 30, 2017 9:41 AM
Dec 30, 2017 8:15 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly this was okay. It has a good soundtrack and art. And I also liked the unique and different setting with the ocean of sand, mud ships, etc. The story is kind of intense especially in the beginning with the unexpected violence and gore and a sad and tragic tone. But it got boring halfway through with a one-sided conflict.

The characters are quite mediocre and generic with little development. Chakuro is pretty useless apart from being an archivist, Ouni's a badass but he has issues I couldn't really empathise with and Lykos seems like she is still hiding a lot of secrets. I think the show would've been far better of with just one protagonist with supporting characters like Ema, Ginshu, Sami etc.

As for the antagonists, Orka looks cool. But what's the point of keeping that sissy Liontari alive? And it feels like the antagonists contradict themselves when they claim people of Mud whale as sinners for displaying emotions while they do the same except for the foot soldiers. It makes them inconsistent and hypocritical.

The last 2 episodes were somewhat disappointing. Usually finales are suppose to increase your excitement but instead I couldn't really care.
Dec 31, 2017 3:11 AM

Jul 2013
the manga is still ongoing, so I'm glad that this has an open ending and not an original ending

8/10, s2 please~ i need more sexy danchou XD
Dec 31, 2017 3:14 AM
Sep 2013
Now this is the kind of shoujo I like. The MC seems more like an Ishmael type character so those guys who like the "badass" wish-fulfillment male audience avatar MCs like Kirito or whats-his-face from Re:Zero are not gonna like him very much.
Jan 3, 2018 12:58 PM

Mar 2014
It says the journey will continue, it doesn't specify how though.....does this mean there will be a second season or does it tell us to read the manga....
Jan 4, 2018 11:52 PM
Mar 2012
Overall ok, good end to an arc, feels like really need another season since they escaped the sand prison & true journey just began.
Really beautiful art in characters & those helm & nous sealife creature backgrounds. World setting of empire vs countries, prison Falania, nous/part of god backstory etc quite interesting. But the sinner boat as warning/example to the unemotional empire locals is weird. If serve as example why not keep it there instead of killing it? Or after 93 years suddenly they're afraid UK will find & use Falania?

I get it's a shoujo & focuses on different things to a usual fantasy. More song, lots of screentime crying for side characters we barely know. But along with weird infodumps, overall drags pacing.
OP/ED & osts all very nice, and find Ouni, Chakki & Ginshu at least are interesting enough to see a sequel.
Jan 6, 2018 4:28 PM

Oct 2015
I think the show was decent but the art animation was on point for me, its a pity they did it on this anime. As for Chakuro, he was useless until the end because the only thing he was good for crying all the time. As for Suou he is one useless leader who can't even fight for his people and others are were just alright like Lykos and Ouni.

As for Ouni, I think he will be a leader of Falaina because of his combat skills and bloodline. I would watch S2 if it was released.

I will be biased because of the art and hope the person who did it will continue to make more anime like these.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 9, 2018 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
I believe a second season will come soon...
This show got me so bittersweet, it was sad and beautiful. So much people died.
Jan 13, 2018 1:57 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Lol Screw that. The first rock I saw, I'd be getting off Mud Whale and saving my lifespan. Like y'all can join me if you want. Sail me back to where Lykos was or something.
I didn't mind this show, but I did notice that they kept introducing new things knowing that they'd never be able to wrap them up given their twelve episodes. Like, as soon as Rohalito and his crew came, I was thinking, "No no nooo, unless there's a season two, there will be like almost no way to give them a really good role in the plot".

Or just everything with Orka and his plot, I knew they wouldn't be able to wrap it up. I'm also interested in just how they'll really justify Liontari's reappearance-- I mean, not that he's still alive, but just that he's still here doing the same stuff even after being near death. Like what will his change be if at all? They had a major turning point opportunity for him already to have the chance to change him, but they didn't, so I feel like it'd be weird to go through yet another scene which might deal with death for him when it was already shown to be ineffective. But that's also one of the few things that will actually change someone like him maybe, so I dunno what they're going to do-- and I'm kinda wary of what they're going to do since I can only imagine they wouldn't wrap it up well.

I don't mind the characters, and I felt that Chakuro was fine; he had his own inner battle for a little while. I thought that was fine. I don't mind Lykos; it's usually really hard to connect to a character who doesn't really emote, but I think after she regained a little more of her emotions, she was fine. At the same time, I feel like they could have explored that aspect a little more. They made a point of saying that they were interested in seeing how being on Mud Whale would drive her crazy, and I understand that they believed emotions were no good though there really wasn't anything wrong with them and therefore there really SHOULDN'T be much of a conflict between Lykos and gaining her emotions (because the point is there shouldn't be any problem with having emotions). Still, I think it would have been maybe a little better if Lykos didn't kinda just gain her emotions back and not have any real conflicting thoughts about them-- or good thoughts as well. It could go both ways... "Ah, emotions aren't too bad, eh?" or "Gosh darn it, I'm not used to having these darn emotions. I hate it, but I'll get used to it" (taking her decision to stay into account). She didn't really go into how gaining her emotions back really made her feel though-- or they didn't show it and kinda more told it if anything? Like even when talking to Ema, she decided to stay and keep her emotions too, but I dunno, it was a kinda lackluster like, "I'll keep my emotions, thanks" instead of maybe even Lykos going a little more into why she started to treasure her emotions. I did like that she was just a little willing to have the emotions taken away again though.

I did notice that anyone that someone else seemed to genuinely get along with died. Like, not just in a telling way either because we did have a lot of relationships in which the anime just kinda said "they're close" but I personally found no chemistry between them. Then as soon as you saw two people laughing together or like actually interacting in a way that was genuine to the audience, one of them died. See Masoo and Kuchiba, Kuchiba and Taisha, Nibi and Ouni. That's a big old trap and you need to look out for it. I can't even think of any characters left who seem to genuinely get along with each other maybe other than like Chakuro and the dude he lives with (and he hardly even shows up to do anything). I even felt Chakuro and Suou's relationship was kinda thin. Even Chakuro and Sami's relationship was like...?? On Sami's end, sure, but when Chakuro said he wanted Sami to be his wife too, I was like, "Oh. Really? I didn't notice at all. Like, that legitimately comes as a surprise. Your friendship kinda seemed like one-sided or even clueless". They just kinda told us they were close.;; Or they tried to show us when it was too late. And people wonder why others sometimes ship MCs with like their best friends instead of the supposed end girl... BECAUSE the chemistry isn't believable while the chemistry between the MC and their friend is.;; It's kinda sad that folks are just that bad at writing character interactions sometimes. Or maybe they can write it, but they only write it when one of the characters are going to have to die. I've seen way worse in other anime though, so I guess I don't mind Kujira no Kora's as much.

I'm also really interested in the fact that some of the folks from the place Lykos is from have been taking things to give them emotions (especially those higher in rank). I guess it kinda makes it seem like they're leaving the emotionless to do most of the fighting while those with a little position kinda just enjoy the good and bads of life. It also calls into question what they actually value in their society. I actually had been wondering why some of the higher ups seemed to be emoting just fine; now we know.

I kinda wish they revealed the secret of Mud Whale a little more early on as well since for most of the time it served as the elephant in the room. And it's like everyone (from like everywhere else) seemed to know but like dang why can't I know? I'm not gonna tell anyone, obviously. People would just be like, "I just can't get over the reason why they're sinners. -evil cackle-" "Man, those Mud Whalers... all those short life spans, am I right? You know why though, right? Oh you do? Ho ho ho ho". Like dang let me in on it! Don't wait until episode like eleven or I think that was the time they revealed. I don't remember. I think revealing it earlier would have given the actions more weight as well-- and if the characters knew, I feel like maybe that would have changed the dynamic too.

There are a lot of things I'm actually interested in for this anime. A lot of people are saying as it went on, it got boring, but I actually didn't feel that way at all.;; I became even more interested in what was being thrown at me. The only thing that really made me frown up a little was that I just figured they threw the things in a little too late for them to properly wrap it all up, and that ended up being true. So it's either they're going to have to make a second season or I dunno what to say.

Other than that, I enjoyed Kujira no Kora and would gladly picked up season two if they make one. They brought up some interesting things that I'd like to know the answer to.
SwiggyJan 13, 2018 2:09 PM

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jan 17, 2018 1:03 PM

Jan 2015
That was an interesting anime and something special to watch not typical anime.
I really liked the greek words used in this anime. The first half was a bit better for me.
7/10. I'm not looking forward to the second season.
Jan 19, 2018 10:18 PM

Apr 2011
Fairly decent ending. It ended where they start their new journey and discovery.

Lyko's big brother getting himself a cute archivist as a wife. Nice.

7/10
MagitoJan 19, 2018 10:27 PM
Jan 23, 2018 7:16 AM

Nov 2014
Damn, it ended right as it started to get really interesting. Hoping for a 2nd season, I guess.

6/10.
Feb 4, 2018 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
Good open ending, it definitely needs a second season. I didn't expect to see Ouni became the new leader. This guy is so badass.

Regarding the anime, the OSTs, the animations and the world building are awesome, but I have the feeling that something is missing. Maybe, it will be corrected with a sequel.

*The opening and ending songs are beautiful.*
Mar 10, 2018 9:34 PM

May 2012
Well this sure was a fantastic ending of a fantastic anime! Which makes me wonder how I missed this when it first got aired!
The anime itself really plays hard with your feelings, but has a really well put up character development as well as story development with an episodic pacing that was just perfect for it.

I really enjoyed marathoning this anime, and with its amazing art style and setting, I do wonder if we'll ever see a sequel on this when the manga ends!

All in all a great anime I must say and I sure enjoyed every little bit of it!
Mar 19, 2018 9:23 AM

Mar 2018
Jalter said:
A good ending, but what is this?

I think they're just birds that live on the island. During the (obligatory) bathing scene, one is sitting on someone's head.

The thing that bugs me about this ending, is won't all the marked just get off the boat when they reach the other kingdom? Thus ending the show? Why would anyone stay on the mudwhale, knowing they will lose their life because of it?
♫ やっと見つけた織姫様 だけどどこだろう彦星様
これじゃひとりぼっち ♫

"Just like my arms... can never be soft and warm, like yours are"
Mar 19, 2018 1:42 PM
Dec 2017
shazbotian said:
Jalter said:

I think they're just birds that live on the island. During the (obligatory) bathing scene, one is sitting on someone's head.

The thing that bugs me about this ending, is won't all the marked just get off the boat when they reach the other kingdom? Thus ending the show? Why would anyone stay on the mudwhale, knowing they will lose their life because of it?

✓Why would anyone stay on the mudwhale, knowing they will lose their life because of it?✓
Don't stay. Marked children (shirushi) can't blame Falaina and they will have to decide themselves to migrate to Amonrogia or not. Ouni is their leader.
ColinCraneMar 19, 2018 1:48 PM
Mar 25, 2018 2:21 AM

Dec 2012
Magic that shortens lives, elders hiding something, unsuspecting bloodshed (that was really a surprise), and utopian societies ironically a little off kilter always catch my attention too. Emotions versus "rationality", what makes one human? Interesting themes, paired nicely with the fantasy atmosphere, I quite enjoyed this show. This anime was mesmerizing in a lot of ways for me, I'm eagerly awaiting a second season.

It's hard to have a fantastic amount of character development in just 12 episodes, and when only about a week or two had gone by in the show? I'm hoping for more character development if there's a second season. I honestly don't think I have any complaints 9/10
Apr 1, 2018 9:33 AM

Dec 2008
Hoping for a 2nd season. I want to know what the deal is with the vigilante Captain's right eye, and what Lycos' brother is really up to.
Apr 13, 2018 3:32 AM

Oct 2009
Meh, Netflix needs to pick better anime.
Apr 15, 2018 12:41 AM

Dec 2012
Masoo.
LMAO Liodari became a jester.
So Itea was his archivist.
Marry her? Nani!? No!
Don't kiss her!
Masoo died. Damn.
It pains me to see Ginshu cry.
Kicha is back!
Shuan! How dare you stick that pole in Kicha's face! You'll pay!
Dat rock!
You bastards! How dare you attack Ginshu! You'll pay! Thank you for saving her Ouni.
It pains me to see Kicha cry.
Chakuro saved Lykos.
lol at Hamu and Kokalo.
Kicha.
Dat new ship. One last look at Itea.
Neri is back.
Dat OP insert song. Thought I'd never hear it again.

And that was the end. It was good. Best parts were the OP/ED songs and Ginshu and Kicha.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 22, 2018 4:19 PM

Jul 2012
sandykho47 said:
So much potential, but the execution wasn't too good and the ending is anti-climatic. But the OST and art are amazing. 8/10.

agree on everything, a 7/10 for me, but still feel a bit disappointed on the story (or more likely, the execution of the story)
art and ost were amazing tho
Apr 22, 2018 4:23 PM

Jul 2012
Jalter said:

it's a biiiiiiiiiirb
Apr 23, 2018 10:13 PM

May 2017
Honestly I felt while the concept is interesting, the characters are mostly flat and terrible backgrounds(money?). Obviously there will be a 2nd season to conclude the story, but probably will be more of the same.
Apr 29, 2018 10:58 PM
Dec 2017
smoledman said:
terrible backgrounds(money?).

Maybe. Or studio "Moonflower" and manga-sand-style.
May 10, 2018 1:18 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm open ending... and i dont feel anything for the characters.. yet i also wanted to keep watching.. but at some moments got bored eventually... between a 6 or 7? Went for 7... but might go to 6 after all..

Its a rather unique anime but a bit too rushed and got boring after a while.. i needed more development too as many got slaughtered and that was that.
I liked the mystery it has as that kept me watching
May 18, 2018 10:12 AM

Nov 2013
I felt like the ending was anti-climatic but that wasn't necessary a bad thing. I think it is definitely one of the better shows that Netflix has in the recent times; as I previously watched ID-0 and was sorely disappointed.
I did find this series to have some bumps since the pacing of it went rapidly after the 2nd or 3rd episode, and introduced dark themes in a not so smooth transition. I did enjoy the worldly elements, and I do look forward to seeing more of the political structure once the series picks back up (hopefully).
It was a 7/10, the execution was not perfect but the themes brought it feels quite ambitious.
Mar 16, 2019 11:21 PM

Feb 2010
I’m surprised so many people on here are leaving bad comments or rating it low. I actually had to force myself to stop watching te day I started watching because it was super late but I was completely addicted. Such a good story. It was so interesting and i loved many of the characters. The ending wasn’t the best but that’s pnly because it will continue. Super excited to see what comes next.
8/10 for me
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
May 29, 2019 3:32 PM

Jun 2014
Those twins almost corrupted the people, but Ouni stepped in, and prevented the chaos from happening.

The Mud Whale is now continuing its journey, to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilization, to boldly go where no Mud Whale has gone before. :P

I would love to see a second season of this.

Aug 12, 2019 10:23 AM

Nov 2009
This desperately needs a second season because a shitload of unanswered questions remain starting with what is a deimonos (that is, Ouni and possibly Orca), what is a Nous, its origins and objectives, everything about Orca and his plans, how he really feels about his kid sister Lykos, why Falaina is different, I can go on and on...
I'm on the fence between giving it 7/10 or 8/10. The potential is awesome, the sand world is great, but there's no denying that some of the execution was lacking (like some pointlessly long scenes that could be cut without the show losing anything, or poor execution of battle sequences where people, foe and friend alike, just stand around doing absolutely nothing for a long time...)
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jul 9, 2020 12:33 PM

May 2018
well I am one of the few people that really enjoyed it. 9/10

►"The deeper the darkness the more dazzling the light shines." ◄
►"As you live you lose reasons and hope. But as you keep on going, you pick up new reasons and hope."◄
►"If I don’t stand up here… If I don’t reach higher here… When am I ever going to do it?"◄
Aug 25, 2020 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
So this Sarka food is the reason why some empire people can have some emotion, kinda wished they told that sooner. Good end where the Marked and Unmarked have united and the truth of Mud whale is known.
Disappointed in the false advertisement of the series title, there was no damn Whale smh.
Jokes aside I really enjoyed this one for its amazing visuals, the moral aspect, beautiful setting. But story definitely had its flaws like the elders never full explaining why they made certain decisions and other stuff like characters especially Chakuro not really having much development despite all the stuff that is happening.
UnkrownedAug 25, 2020 12:01 PM

Feb 6, 2021 6:32 AM

Jun 2016
Definitely, the plot is too detailed for a 12 episode series. I particularly didn’t like all the dramatic talk that was not backed up by the plot. Especially Suoi’s naivete bothered me. The show has the aura of an epic story but I find it superficial and rushed.
Mar 26, 2021 12:59 PM

May 2015
Those twins...ugh.

Setting is really interesting, but no season 2 so far.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 30, 2021 3:33 AM
Jan 2021
I was glad this shit show ended in 12 episodes because this shit is ass
Aug 22, 2021 12:28 AM

Feb 2014
ngl that was pretty underwhelming as an ending...like nothing really happened and nothing really felt resolved. I guess “the journey continues” basically means that lol

But despite then ending, I really liked this series! I thought the world was really creative, and I was really invested in the story. I liked how things about their reveal were slowly revealed, it kept me wanting to watch and know more (even though the reveals after they came back from Skylos were pretty lame :/) I really enjoyed it and I hope there's a second season! 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2021 11:47 AM

Jun 2016
So for this finale, Suou decides to tell the people, specifically the Marked, about how the Mud Whale has been taking their life force away, unbeknownst to them. At first, it didn't go down well, but with Ouni in his corner, everyone came around, lol.

Ouni is a leader... Hmm, Suou has a keen eye. Shuan also seemed to have the same thought process too. Ouni inherited his stick... new stick. That's a sign right there.

Not sure how to feel about the ending. Maybe the fact that they accepted everything so damn fast threw me off, Idk. It's, as of right now, an open-end, but there is potential here for a second season. Would I watch a second season? Yes. Mostly for the worldbuilding outside of their Sand Ocean prison. Oh, and maybe for the background art too. That was constantly solid in this series.

Aug 15, 2022 6:41 AM

Feb 2017
The Nos defintley aren't gods, they're like parasitic, Lovecraftian inter-dimensional aliens that brought on apocalypse and have humanity enslaved. I hate how they use the dead as puppets to manipulate the living. I'm very skeptical of there being an actual afterlife with the Nos, beyond the memories of the dead being absorbed.

The singing has been as cringey as the combat. :/

I see Ouni more as a protector than suited to be a political leader. Suou may be a naive mess, but I'm disappointed at him giving up on his own leadership before he could give himself a chance to toughen up into the role.

Something tells me a number of people resistant to change will want to remain on the mud whale even with the truth revealed.

Orka (Dirt Bag) made that girl feel special, but being married to him will be insufferable. XD It'll be a missed opportunity if this doesn't end up biting him in the ass and she remains his loyal retainer.

I like Lykos and Chakuro getting together, they're wholesome.
Floral_soapAug 15, 2022 5:06 PM
Apr 30, 2023 12:22 AM

Jul 2016
a heavily ambitious anime that fell quite far of its execution. with all of the subplots and characters, this 100% needed additional episodes... and i'm sure that it must have at some point actually been pegged or considered for a longer adaptation. i often try to ignore mess for anime i appreciate for more than its direction, but it became impossible to excuse in the later half. there was just too much on this one's plate. due to the worldbuilding, setting, visuals, and audio: 7/10.
Sep 17, 2023 8:45 PM

Nov 2022
I think the animation is great and so on, they made it very fancy and with a lot of great colors. Though it was a bit confusing and somehow also a bit of disappointing in the end. It ended way too open and not to mention the MC. His role is somewhat not very important and he act kind of useless. The storyline is messy but overall I guess it is okay to watch
Nov 22, 2023 7:54 PM

Nov 2009
Children of the Whales more like Children of the Wails!

This show stunk, just nonsensical crybaby misery porn shite. 4/10
Apr 8, 3:22 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
Nothing, chakuro is a mc that even he's gone the story will just continue like that nothing changes, useless character and not properly written story made this anime not Worth to watch if you have another anime that you have in your list, well the op and Ed song is the only thing that's is good from this anime 4/10
Apr 24, 8:43 PM

May 2018
why are y'all hating lol. 8/10 for me
can't yuck my yum

Jun 24, 1:33 AM

Nov 2012
this anime was a mixed bag for me, and looking a the replies seems a common sentiment.
The art was gorgeous, and the premise showed promise, but it ended up kind of convoluted and a bit tiresome. I honestly wish I had enjoyed it more than I did, but I wouldn't call it bad either.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

160 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 7, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 25, 2017

66 by RawrOMG »»
Aug 17, 2023 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.