Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 13, 2017 12:33 PM

Feb 2011
It would seem the Game Club needs a 5th member to stay establish. If not, it's to secure next year if the two senpai graduate this semester. At least MC wasn't guilt-ed into joining. And seriously, who leaves a banana peel on the floor?!
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Jul 13, 2017 12:45 PM
Mar 2016
Oh c'mon Amano why didn't you tell Tendou that you can't join cu'z you're committed to your on-line girlfriend Momo.
Jul 13, 2017 12:50 PM

Feb 2014
Definitely did not expect to see Guilty Gear, BlazBlue and UN In-Birth in here. Glad they didn't change their name like they did with CS:GO lol. Also, Oohiso Niina is a fellow cupholder!

Overall an okayish first episode.
Jul 13, 2017 12:56 PM

Sep 2007
Episode 1 summary: everyone in the club has 8th-grader syndrome and Keita is a filthy casual

lol j/k

Will keep watching just because of the topic. Maybe if this series ends up halfway popular we'll finally get an anime adaptation of "High Score Girl"
Jul 13, 2017 1:20 PM

Oct 2011
Interesting first episode.
Jul 13, 2017 1:23 PM

Aug 2015
Anathor said:
Nothing special tbh. The fact that the main topic are games has me interested though.

Promising CS:GO player right there

Actually the game they played together seems to be Call Of Duty, judging by the killstreaks on the right hand side of the screen and the fact that they're playing with controllers.

The game the guy was playing solo on the PC was CS:GO though ;)
Jul 13, 2017 1:30 PM
Jun 2017
I'm so happy right now that one of my favorite romcom ln got turned into an anime!!! It's good too be alive......
Anyway the episode turned out to be better than what I expected considering the studio,animation was alright and they only adapted a chapter of the ln which is about 1/3.
Overall I was completely satisfied with episode and I'm looking forward for more! 5/5
Jul 13, 2017 1:36 PM

Dec 2014
Animation was meh. That's about it for cons, really.

Visual execution of the gags worked surprisingly well for me. I had the dumbest grin on my face the whole episode. Megumi (who voiced Akko from LWA) voiced a surprisingly fitting male voice for the MC. This season has a surprising amount of good shows to follow; guess this season isn't going to be as shit as I thought.
I need sleep.
Jul 13, 2017 1:42 PM

Dec 2014
Lunium said:
Anathor said:
Nothing special tbh. The fact that the main topic are games has me interested though.

Promising CS:GO player right there

Actually the game they played together seems to be Call Of Duty, judging by the killstreaks on the right hand side of the screen and the fact that they're playing with controllers.

The game the guy was playing solo on the PC was CS:GO though ;)

You are right, for some reason I connected the CS:GO scene at the pc with the one on tv later, when playing CS:GO with controller doesn't make any sense xD
Jul 13, 2017 1:44 PM

Jan 2013
It had a few unexpected twists. Good first episode, nice to see some FPS games in anime. That's pretty rare, usually all dating sims or mmorpgs, occasionally rpgs.
Jul 13, 2017 1:44 PM

Sep 2014
I said it before, I'll say it again. Dropped! Main Character sounds like someone hanged his balls from the ceiling, smh. He's a teenager! Why voice him by a female Seiyuu!!
Jul 13, 2017 2:04 PM

Jul 2014
That.... wasn't half bad actually.

I mean, tropes aside, the main guy isn't that much of a thickhead (yet), the blonde girl is cute, and it's somewhat funny.
Except that last banana peel joke, that was a cheap shot.

Yeah, I'll stick around to see where this goes. Probably won't be anything big, but enjoyable nonetheless.
And yes, I meant that.
--------------------------------------
Sukasuka Discord server, also home to Orlandri Translation Company, who are planning to translate Sukasuka and Sukamoka:
https://discord.gg/xXTncqJ
Do join if it interests you.
Jul 13, 2017 2:20 PM

Mar 2016
I honestly lost it at the part where he kept jumping in game and received a headshot lmao
Pretty good episode, and THAT endcard. I like Tendou and the group interactions.
Jul 13, 2017 2:25 PM

May 2017
Story is as everyone else is saying, simple. But that's not enough to shit on it, that and the MC.
Gamers is, I can already tell, one of those anime that defy stereotypes and a stereotypical story overall. The ending itself showed that amazingly.
Love the way this anime is portrayed and the unorthodox way it tells it's story.

Also have a feeling of a love triangle here between Tendo, Amano, and Mono

*ALso, also Love Tendo's character = She's a tsundere (as you can see in the end with the way she "hates" Amano) disguised as a perfect idol girl.

Overall episode was a 9/10
Jul 13, 2017 2:26 PM
Jun 2013
im not watching it b/c the main character voice actor is a girl........
Jul 13, 2017 2:36 PM
Mar 2017
Leav Mono-san pls , and Join to Karen Club...
i wanna see next episode

9/10
Jul 13, 2017 2:36 PM

Jan 2008
Oh god I love all the game parody/references.

He's so weak though, enjoying games and only able to handle 2 hours at his age? Jeez. I'd play games for an entire day at his age if I could.

That feeling when a side character has more main character potential than the actual main character.

In the end, this is episode is just another Granblue advertisement.
Jul 13, 2017 2:52 PM

Apr 2016
That female boy MC really annoyed me...

The episode was not as bad as i think it will be.
Jul 13, 2017 2:52 PM

Jul 2015
is the main love interest in this romance a tsundere?
the blonde (karen)
Jul 13, 2017 2:58 PM

Apr 2016
tragedydesu said:
the blonde (karen)

Looks like it will be triangle between the blonde girl and the shut-in girl from the mobile game.

And c'mon you cant call every blonde girl a tsundere...
Jul 13, 2017 3:02 PM

Jul 2015
@Swagernator
i didnt say she is a tsundere
i just asked (i searched and there is not enough informations that describe her personality)
Jul 13, 2017 3:03 PM

Jun 2017
I jumped in blind but I like it so far. It was kinda funny that Keita rejected the offer, even twice, instead of the usual cliché instant ship jumping lol. It looks like it'll also have some romance which is definitely a plus for me.
Jul 13, 2017 3:39 PM

Mar 2016
Expect a show like this to have good character interaction, but the dialogue was tedious and they revealed everything in such a mundane way. The humor was okay in the first half but slowly faded away. Have to wait and see how they evolve this concept. Want to see more of Mono and Aguri.
syncrogazerJul 13, 2017 3:43 PM
Jul 13, 2017 3:51 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
tragedydesu said:
the blonde (karen)
No, she's not a tsundere.
Jul 13, 2017 3:56 PM
Aug 2016
GoldenDevilGamer said:
tragedydesu said:
the blonde (karen)
No, she's not a tsundere.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2017 4:01 PM

Aug 2013
That was actually worse than what I was expecting it to be but it had some moments that kept it from being another trash title out of this season. The MC is the typical soft-spoken beta...no not even beta, probably an omega cuck; anyways he's that generic MC that's the usual trend in these types of settings lately but his views on gaming and some of that social awkwardness he displayed I could kind relate to. The main moment that made me feel like this series is worth watching for a few more eps was when he just went against the current and outright declined the invitation to join the club and just rejected the heroine chick. That both surprised me and brought a huge smile to my face. The game showcasing was good too but aside from that, I'm not digging the idea of romance in this. Like I understand it's supposed to be a RomCom but this is one of those where I'm hoping there's more comedy than the romantic and probably dramatic bullshit. All in all, the show is a solid 3/5 for me. It's not quite a drop yet but it can be if it gets worse.
Don't believe the hype.
Jul 13, 2017 4:04 PM

May 2015
This was actually really enjoyable and quite funny in my opinion, I loved it! Definitely looking forward to it just judging by the first episode.

Jul 13, 2017 4:06 PM

Jul 2015
@AeroSN
thx for the information
you saved my life x)
Jul 13, 2017 4:22 PM

Jan 2016
I have no Idea why this anime has such a low score right now? It really enjoyed it! All of the game refrences were hilarious. And I think that the MC took a really mature and good decision. Competetive gaming is not for everyone and that's how it is. He didn't join the club cause the cute girl asked him to and so on, it was a really good episode.

I'm sure that he will join the club soon tho but it was still a brave decision
Jul 13, 2017 4:27 PM
May 2017
Well judging from the first episode thing are looking pretty interesting.
Jul 13, 2017 4:42 PM

Jun 2014
Very good episode one. I would've dropped this if MC decided to join the club.
Jul 13, 2017 4:56 PM

Mar 2012
This is it. The one I'm looking forward the most alongside Tsurezure Children is finally here. Man I'm tired of waiting. We get to see a glimpse of all main cast in the beginning which is good enough for a teaser.

For those who want to know more about Gamers! I'll tell you a bit. Gamers! is just romcom at heart utilizing games as pretense of character interaction. It's full of misunderstanding with well timed interruption, poor choice of word, airheadness, conveniently hearing timing and wrong savvy but all is done with good intention for all related party. Despite of that what make this isn't chore like any other misunderstanding comedy is because they change POV a lot. It's not only one person act that thing spiraling out of control but you see everyone screwing up that make it fun to watch. Character also savvy enough to know that thing just go wrong though they didn't realize that at what point it got wrong.

For the main POV that are used a lot there are two character with other getting into limelight from time to time. One is MC that we are seeing now Keita and the other one is Tasuku who we only see a glimpse of today.

Anyway this first episode is just introduction before thing start to spiraling out of control in probably episode 3 and it is fun.

Also the best girl Chiaki aka Seaweed Girl still haven't properly appeared yet so look forward to it.

NeoAnkaraJul 13, 2017 5:03 PM
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 13, 2017 5:04 PM

Sep 2011
Ahegyao said:
Love the actual game references. Too bad they had to resort to not-Granblue and not CS for a couple.

Lelouch0202 said:

I can't exactly get behind Amano's reasoning for turning down the invitation. It's not like the club is focused on competitive gaming. Tendo herself said he didn't necessarily have to be good at games or anything, not to mention he threw away a place he'd really feel at home with people he could actually be friends with. I get that he wants to play games for fun but there was nothing obstructing that. Well, he'll probably come around.

It's hard to feel comfortable surrounded by highly competitive people when you yourself aren't. Even I feel out of place online from my old guild when I stopped doing hardcore raiding in MMO's.

This is incredibly important. Serious gamers have a certain aura about them once they are gaming, and once the adrenaline starts flowing they can get pretty competitive. Even if you are playing a casual game with somebody who usually plays seriously you can almost feel the unusual mood. Im a casual hardcore gamer myself in that I rarely have time to play games nowadays but when I do play I take everything very seriously (unless it is a party game). Even when I don't visibly display it or verbalize it I get very impatient with the more casual players around me and sometimes even I can tell I am not a fun person to play with in that situation.

When it comes to PvP games I really suck, and when I am playing with some more skilled friends I feel really frustrated. It's not that they give off the negative vibe I described before - I am worried I will drag them down and make them have less fun.

Both sides of the coin can be painful when people aren't the same skill level. In a game club if you aren't playing together what is the point? You can play by yourself anywhere. Him rejecting the invitation was probably the best way for him to continue enjoying it.
Jul 13, 2017 5:12 PM

Oct 2012
Thought it was okay. I mean, it's really the theme that's keeping me going.
Jul 13, 2017 5:38 PM

Jan 2016
What'll happen if you're a loser that only love gaming and suddenly a beautiful girl at school invite you to a gaming club?

Yep that's what this anime is and I really like the first episode so far. Didn't expect the twist at the end of episode too.

RyouHayatoJul 13, 2017 5:47 PM
Jul 13, 2017 5:38 PM

Jun 2013
she's playing Guilty Gear Xrd!!!!
Jul 13, 2017 5:54 PM

May 2017
I remember when I was starting reading this manga.
I got into a huge argument with other readers because I called tendo a gamer wannabe bitch.
But the thing is that I was pissed off at her because she calls her self a gamer but she is not a gamer at all.
A true gamer does not discriminate games. A true gamer plays any and all games regardless of. If they like them or not is another thing.

But tendo was making fun of Mc and discriminating the games he plays.

Also tendo just wanted to recruit him and use him for her club.

That gamer club what they only want is competition. Its all competitive and during the course of the chapter that is the hint Tendo always gave.
Competition and being the best.

Mc just wanted to have casual fun and enjoy games with people.

But tendo just bitch about it and calls him lame indirectly because of the game he plays and calls lames casual games.
She is no gamer, she is just a wannabe bitch.
And I will not change my opinion.

So Mc is in all his right to reject her, because he is a real gamer. And he just want to enjoy games but trash them or be competitive.
But Japanese schools have to be competitive about everything.
Jul 13, 2017 5:56 PM

Jul 2017
wtf who still using the word "gamer" in 2k17
Jul 13, 2017 5:58 PM

Jul 2009
LOL the ending made this episode for me. So jokes that he rejected them. Man's serious about his games being fun. The games club is full of psychos.
Jul 13, 2017 6:01 PM

Mar 2016
MC is so cringey... Japan plz stop it.
Atleast he did everything right in the finale. Soooo, I guess that is the end? :D (dude decilined party invite - blonde chick gave up on him - he spent all his life as foreveralone - wasted/bad end. Fantastic show 10/10)
Jul 13, 2017 6:02 PM

May 2017
RafaElvisTek said:
wtf who still using the word "gamer" in 2k17

the title is still in use.
I am one of them, gamers.
Jul 13, 2017 6:15 PM

May 2013
I personally overall was really happy to see that he rejected joining the club at first, even rejects it the 2nd time, as a casual gamer like him that plays to enjoy it instead of competitive, I really understand how he feels. Into about 60% of the show I was really able to tell that Keita is really like me, that plays to enjoy the game. Altho his character is pretty normal overall which leaves me with a bit of disapointment, in the future he will probably end up with him joining with some sort of a reason I hope a fairly decent one too. Looking forward to this show.
Jul 13, 2017 6:39 PM

May 2014
looks like I have found my favorite anime this season :)

Jul 13, 2017 6:54 PM

Jan 2011
Was looking forward to this after i found out it actually is about games you know how anime is sometimes when they like to uses names like this but have nothing to do with the title.

pretty simple but enjoyable it really won me over with the shear amount of references
had titles like
ace combat
legend of heroes/FF
Mario
Under Night In Birth
Guilty Gear/Blazeblue
Counter strike out of no where
and finally a very convincing Granblue

But i get why the MC declined it since i'm a "filthy "casual as well and play for the enjoyment, bet he would feel to under pressured with so many competitive people around him thought it's not to say he won't join later for whatever reasons.
Jul 13, 2017 7:08 PM

Mar 2014
i heard that the production rushed like hell to get 1st ep finished just a few days ago.
Jul 13, 2017 7:09 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty good start to this series.

It looks like it will be a lot of fun to watch.

I can't believe he rejected her at the end.

Guilty Gear! Love that series.

Jul 13, 2017 7:31 PM

May 2010
Quite ashamed of myself for not expecting him to turned the offer down.
Love scenery, "wartune" guy? Should be my favorite MC of the season :)
Jul 13, 2017 8:21 PM

Aug 2014
Pretty boring first episode. Need more fighting game girl. I sympathize with his reasons, but he's still a dumbass. Just keep playing your VNs and mobage in the club.
Sieg Zeon!
Jul 13, 2017 8:22 PM

Jul 2014
Easiest way to screw up a character, have him massively overreact to everything. CHECK!
Easiest way to screw up the voice acting, have a woman do a boy's voice. CHECK!
Easiest way to screw up the animation, put a thick white border around everything so it looks like a cardboard cutout. CHECK!

3 for 3!
Jul 13, 2017 8:25 PM

Jun 2017
Very good start, I enjoyed it.

Kinda glad Keita rejected the club. It didn't feel like a fit for him. Nice to see a MC pass on the affectionate pleas of the popular girl.

Looking forward to the next one.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gamers! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2017

321 by SuperSonic486 »»
Jun 4, 1:34 PM

Poll: » [Poll] Gamers Romance

Lnlover - Aug 30, 2017

30 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:19 PM

» Misunderstandings

Shomix - Sep 29, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:18 PM

Poll: » [the usual] BEST GIRL POLL

GangsterCat - Sep 7, 2017

13 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:15 PM

» Do people not understand that this is a parody? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Feb 23, 2023

61 by Thyriad-oPPailov »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.