Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 6, 2017 11:35 AM

May 2015
A solid first episode. I'm looking forward to learning more about the MC's past and whatnot. Also, I really like the countryside setting, cuz it makes me feel cozy lol
Apr 6, 2017 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
I would like to say that I did enjoy this series but I am unsure if I will continue watching it. The first episode for me took its time to grab my attention and I’m glad I didn’t stop half way because by the end my feelings towards this series changed.

The animation it self was the typical P.A Works but didn’t have that crisp to it, like some other series I have seen with them. I loved Yoshino’s character design mind.

Full impression: https://bdt87.wordpress.com/2017/04/06/sakura-quest-episode-1-impression/
Apr 6, 2017 2:05 PM

Jun 2015
so the memory was real that's cute
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 6, 2017 3:12 PM

May 2014
That was a rather fun first episode, it was very laidback. So all of the characters were introduced. The story went and explained itself. I'll give it a 6/10 for now.
Apr 6, 2017 3:13 PM

Oct 2013
I'll have to give this at least 3 to 4 episodes to decide what I think. I did like the first episode. Sakura Quest so far seems like it's part of that anime tradition of the city hipster moving to a rural area and rediscovering themselves, while meeting a bunch of eccentric hicks. I'm not ragging on that tradition, since I quite like it = Barakamon, Only Yesterday, Hanasaku Iroha.....to name a few.
Apr 6, 2017 4:14 PM
Dec 2013
That was nice, a set up from a bunch of the other crap I've watched so far this season.
Apr 6, 2017 6:31 PM

Mar 2017
This is supposed to be Slice of Life anime rather than comedy anime.
Apr 6, 2017 7:16 PM

Jul 2013
man, this show looks great. i'm also loving the character designs. music seemed nice too from what i can remember (i literally just finished watching it but it's past 3am and boy, am i tired.), and i can already tell that the tomboy chick is going to be one of, if not The fave.

i can definitely see people's argument for it being a rather slow episode but i made the right choice and started sakugara reset or w/e it's called first... now THAT'S a slow episode, fuck!

i'm gonna go to bed now but man anyone else catch some feelings with that photo reveal at the end? maybe i'm just a sap lol :,(
Apr 6, 2017 7:40 PM

Jan 2016
first, Hanasaku Iroha; then, Shirobako; now, Sakura Quest! P.A. Works I freaking love you!!!
Apr 6, 2017 7:42 PM

Apr 2011
The epitome of slice of life. A little dull with standard art and animation tho 4/5
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Apr 6, 2017 10:58 PM

Jun 2013
Best first episode of the season for me.

Really feels like Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako again, which is good.
Apr 6, 2017 11:12 PM

Oct 2016
Loving the OP and and ED. It's just... kind of boring. Looking forward to other episodes still though.

A simple feeling that I can't seem to shake
Oh my love, you drive me crazy in the loveliest way
I stay up, all night just thinking bout' the things that you say
I call your phone and hope to hear your voice and all over again

I am in love...
Make me fall in love why don't you
Just make me fall in love again
I can't deny it I'm in love
In love... in love... in love... ♪

Apr 7, 2017 12:07 AM

Mar 2016
My prediction in next 2-3 weeks:
people here said:
This anime is so underrated! Why aren't more people watching this?!! F**k Attack on Titan T__T
No seriously.
Apr 7, 2017 1:07 AM
Oct 2009
la-la-tina-land said:
My prediction in next 2-3 weeks:
people here said:
This anime is so underrated! Why aren't more people watching this?!! F**k Attack on Titan T__T

This. Here's to hoping that this will blossom into something brilliant like Shirobako.
Apr 7, 2017 3:13 AM

May 2012
Very boring anime. I felt like going to sleep when I watched this

So, this anime is about girl who want a job, and she found job were she acts like queen in a town ! LOL. No idea how people could enjoy this shit

Apr 7, 2017 4:00 AM

Aug 2016
I can see why others would say it is boring. I like the setting because it reminds me of my sister and her obsession on getting a job far from the countryside.

I laughed my ass off when Yoshino smacked the Chupacabra with her bag instead of pulling out the sword.

Not gonna lie that last scene with ED song playing gave me some good feels. Excited for more next week(I really need to check out Shirobako too)

"... Because when you live in this world of my closed eyes...
... Being alone is very lonely..."

Apr 7, 2017 6:05 AM

Aug 2014
Probably the most Interesting 1st episode of the season so far. Basically this is like Amagi Brilliant Park and Locodol combined, in a way. Shirobako S2 instead of this would be nice though
Will probably keep watching.
Apr 7, 2017 7:46 AM

Mar 2016
Really nice song at the end.
I already like Shiori and Yoshino lol that chupakabura scenes. You went hard at the old man yoshino.
Pretty good introduction episode.
That realization that the memory you held fond in your heart was in this same old town.
Shishou_23Apr 7, 2017 7:52 AM
Apr 7, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 2009
Chupacabra's part was really fun to watch. Very enjoyable 1st episode.
Apr 7, 2017 1:49 PM

Jul 2014
This was quite boring, I skipped through some of the parts, couldnt handle it, but the art and animation are beautiful as hell, as expecetd of PA Works, will give it 2 more eps for that.

Also the ED song is amazing! loved it.
Apr 7, 2017 7:33 PM

Sep 2015
this anime was a lot better than i expected.the artstyle looked very nice, the character designs looked good, and so did the background stetting. the animation was very good as well, being fluid in its action. the op was decent, and the soundtrack during the half-point of the episode was top notch. the story set up was pretty decent, and it was also funny when Koharu realizes what she has gotten herself into. there's also some nice heartfelt moments. will definitely continue watching this.
N.etorare T.echnical R.esearcher
Apr 7, 2017 7:57 PM

Oct 2016
Pretty good first episode. I'm already drawn in. I hope it's a 2cour show!

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Apr 7, 2017 8:03 PM

Sep 2011
Nothing invokes emotion and sympathy out of me faster than near-graduates or graduates failing to get a job after applying to so many places. I mean 30 is probably on the lower end nowadays, but that is still a lot of effort. Everybody wants 20+ years of experience for an entry level position outside of the service industry so it is impossible to find good jobs nowadays. It is made worse by baby boomers slinging dirt when they have years of experience and aren't looking for jobs.

Anyway, I'm ranting and I have no interest in getting into a discussion about that topic. Anyway, that doesn't change the fact that I wasn't really entertained by this. Ill give next episode a shot and see whether it improves.
Apr 8, 2017 12:12 AM

Apr 2016
Easily best opening episode of the season so far (and yes, that includes sequels). Looks promising, and just might be the saviour of a pretty meh Spring season. Pacing, directing, artwork is near spot-on perfect. Great OST so far too.

Too early to tell about the storyline, and we haven't seen all the characters yet to judge what their chemistry is like, but so far so good. If they can recapture the magic of Shirobako, it will be AOTY candidate.
_totoro-kun_Apr 8, 2017 12:19 AM
Apr 8, 2017 12:27 AM
Jul 2018
thepath said:

So, this anime is about girl who want a job, and she found job were she acts like queen in a town ! LOL. No idea how people could enjoy this shit

The same reason people enjoy SOL shows like non non biyori, etc. Go stick to your popcorn anime, this is not upto your alley and you are only coming off as an asshole here.
Apr 8, 2017 12:28 AM

Jun 2014
I really like this first episode. There were a lot of thoughtful exchanges that never overstayed their welcome. Hope that continues.
Apr 8, 2017 1:23 AM

Aug 2013
thepath said:

>watch SOL anime
>Complain about SOL

Seriously?
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 8, 2017 2:22 AM

Sep 2014
It reminds me of Joukamachi no Dandelion on the sypnosis. The 1st episode is alright with the funny moments (the guy on the bus and the old man). Things on countryside usually doesn't appeal to me much though if the story is good enough then it will entail me into watching it (ex: Barakamon). Looks like the real thing will start next episode with the rest of the remaining cast.
Apr 8, 2017 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
The character of Yoshino, is fun and cute, then as a baby was so pricey and pretty, Add to this, that has pink hair, she is perfect! The story began well, the work of the PA Works is always well done, I am very satisfied. I look forward to the next episode. Catchy soundtrack.

Rorek said:
Stark700 said:

Adorable

OMG! Pink Loli Aoi

Apr 8, 2017 9:37 AM
Mar 2012
Great music & OP flows.
Subs not as fail as Kuromukuro but crunchy...
Loli queen fated to return to the same boonies, interesting setting.
I know interview frustration too well...
Lol mayo jabbing her cheek, paworks detail works wonders, and weird walking sleepingbag girl eyeing her slowly.
All characters feel believable & fun, esp old chuuni king & Yoshino, reminds of Aoi Miyamori a lot.
Apr 8, 2017 3:50 PM

Oct 2008
Another show from P.A. Works.
this reminds that you really needs to read and understand all the information that is in your contract or else you won't expect the this that should have been expecting.
4/5.

Apr 8, 2017 4:01 PM

Sep 2015
Little queen Koharu is adorable!
like working here will get her to appreciate her own hometown a little bit more. So I see potential in the character development. Looking forward to it.
Apr 8, 2017 4:10 PM

Oct 2012
Seems like pretty nice slice-of-life (and that being with young adult cast at mind rather than high-school cliche is definitely a plus). And the ending scene when she remembered she was there before while she was young was very touching (although it was pretty much predictable).

This seem like mix of Shirobako and Amagi, only this time theme park related and not really comedy-driven. Although mentioned Joukamachi no Dandelion was the first show that came to my mind. Locodol promotion-related anime... well, let's see, this could turn out into anything.

Anyway, the premise seems interesting enough for me to follow this on. And we also have Anzai Chika on board as one of five queens, Maki, another good thing!
Mich666Apr 8, 2017 4:13 PM
Apr 8, 2017 6:19 PM
Mar 2014
That was a great start to what seems like will be another great series from P.A. Works. They've nailed the vibe and characterizations in fitting with their style... already getting reminded of Shirobako.

I was also really drawn to Yoshino's character... can't put my finger on why yet, other than the fact that I really like her character design.
Apr 8, 2017 8:38 PM

May 2016
I think I'm gonna like this show. It's nice to see a proper SoL with adult characters doing adult things and dealing with adult concerns, but it's definitely goofy and fun. Brutal employment rejections, economic decline, and implied student debt are kinda the things I'd want to see made fun of (personally relevant), and if they keep being handled well I'll only grow to like this more. The cast is also quirky without being too "quirky", and the dialogue's solid.

I don't think Sakura's aspiring to anything, but so far it's set some decent expectations and done a fantastic job of reaching them. I look forward to seeing more soon!
Apr 8, 2017 11:50 PM

Sep 2010
I loved this episode. Seems like this will be a really cute SoL anime.
Apr 9, 2017 3:16 AM

Jan 2014
Best i have seen so far this season by a mile and then some,this first ep gives me Hanasaku Iroha - Ohana vibes(almost like seeing Ohana again, just more grown up) and i mean that in the best possible way.
Looking forward to seeing more, great start!!
ClickNotApr 9, 2017 3:20 AM
Apr 9, 2017 4:11 AM
Jul 2018
Amagi Brilliant Park plus Shirobako equals Sakura Quest. Lol

Anyway, even Yoshino resembles Miyamori greatly...

As much as how I've enjoyed Shirobako in the past, I hope that this anime would surpass expectations...
Apr 9, 2017 2:48 PM

Feb 2008
A self-proclaimed abnormal normal girl finds herself in a rural area after trying to avoid ending up in such a place. Intriguing. I just hope they don't go too over the top with the whole chupacabra affair. Other than that, the show seems fairly decent. After all, life outside urban areas does exist.
Apr 9, 2017 4:32 PM

Aug 2012
It kinda has the same plot as Amaburi, i like it.
Apr 9, 2017 6:16 PM

Sep 2016
from the creators of shirobakoo comes sakura questt this became an instant selection to check out once i had known pa works can make someone beautiful with this anime first eps was cool
Facta Non Verba
Apr 10, 2017 3:46 AM

Jul 2015
That was pleasant to watch. There is this sense of "mildness" which emanates from this episode, but that is its appeal.

I doubt this show will be amazing, but it has potential to make me come back every week.

I look forward to seeing how Koharu will try to revive the town. It looked 75% dead already when she first walked in.
Current favourite: [Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo]
Apr 10, 2017 6:58 AM

Apr 2012
the episode was "okay" :/
Apr 10, 2017 11:31 AM

Apr 2015
Pretty cute 1st episode. I liked it.

Kinda reminded me of Brilliant park which I enjoyed alot.
Apr 11, 2017 2:10 AM

May 2016
The bus scene was funny AF. Im looking forward to it.
Apr 11, 2017 2:14 AM

Jul 2016
Good start. Curious how the char relations develope and what things they pull off for the tourism. Setup is nice.
Apr 11, 2017 7:28 AM
Jan 2010
First episode turned out to be even better than I expected - it was very pleasant, had colorful, likeable cast of characters, the Chupacabra encounter was funny and felt natural (I'd probably shit my pants if I saw one in the middle of the night XD), it has a chance to be a worthy successor of one of my favourite anime - "Shirobako". Can't wait for the next episode! Currently my favourite anime of the season.
Apr 11, 2017 7:42 AM

Dec 2014
Small town with cute girls? Let's get some attention!

I really enjoyed Shirobako and I'll probably end up really liking this too. P.A Works FTW!

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Apr 11, 2017 9:35 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
P.A.Works does it again. Very good start. The setting reminds me of Hanasaku Iroha. I thought it was pretty funny how Yoshino tried to leave but then came back and ended up knocking the guy out xD

As for Shiori, I feel like Ueda Reina fits Shiori nicely, and overall her voice sounded familiar, partially because she voices another character from a show I watch.

Looking forward to what this show can bring.

Apr 15, 2017 6:30 AM

Jun 2014
Excellent episode, this was easily my new favorite show from the season that isn't a sequel!
:3
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2017

65 by Leftu »»
Oct 2, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

184 by EsieEyen »»
Jul 19, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

55 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 9:20 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2017

85 by wildhood »»
Apr 30, 8:41 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 19 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2017

46 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 30, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.