3It was OK
14.1%
2Disliked it
1.5%
1Hated it
1.0%
Average 4.3
398 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 5, 2017 8:12 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The OP song is kinda cute.

Koharu is a pretty normal girl looking to fulfill her dreams. Her job hunting begins with a rocky start until luck changes and her life becomes much more interesting. I must say, the first episode did a decent job at establishing the story. It didn't waste much time and got right into the point. Koharu's character is pretty determined so I'm rather interested to see how this show develops her life.

Adorable

The part with the green monster in costume gave me a good laugh.
Stark700Apr 5, 2017 8:21 AM
Apr 5, 2017 8:38 AM

Dec 2012
Stark700 said:

Adorable

OMG! Pink Loli Aoi
Apr 5, 2017 9:18 AM

Apr 2010
Well this looked pretty good, guess PA works isn't letting us down.
Still the main seems to be lacking a bit of common sense or better said she is a bit naive.
That makes things interesting tho i wonder what she will learn from her experiences in the remote area.

On another note i have to say that this サクラクエスト(Sakura Quest) and サクラダリセット(Sakura Reset) are written very similar not the mention that they are aired right after each other on the same channel.
This could be confusing.
Apr 5, 2017 9:23 AM

Oct 2014
Aversa said:
Well this looked pretty good, guess PA works isn't letting us down.
Still the main seems to be lacking a bit of common sense or better said she is a bit naive.
That makes things interesting tho i wonder what she will learn from her experiences in the remote area.

On another note i have to say that this サクラクエスト(Sakura Quest) and サクラダリセット(Sakura Reset) are written very similar not the mention that they are aired right after each other on the same channel.
This could be confusing.

The other one is Sakurada Reset tho.
Apr 5, 2017 9:36 AM

Mar 2012
I loved it! Laughed my butt off at the part where the old dude dressed up like the local monster to try to change her mind about leaving.
Apr 5, 2017 9:37 AM

Sep 2015
mmmh I have no idea where it's going but it looked promising for a first episode
need to watch a few more though :/

(K)NoW_NAME is back again to give us eargasms *-*
Apr 5, 2017 9:37 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty nice start. I really like the atmosphere.

Also,
>my little Yoshino
>Yoshi
>kick things off
>pin up girl
>寒い/samui is now "wow", wow.
And other shit
Translator/editor-kun pls kys.
rsc-plApr 5, 2017 12:18 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 5, 2017 9:41 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The song that played at the end when combined with what was going on with Yoshino was great and I got a good amount of feels too lol

I cannot express enough how much I really enjoyed watching this because in addition to having a pretty interesting and likable cast, everything flowed really well and I see a lot of potential in this series

Not only can they go full throttle with Tourism stuff, but coming from a country that's small and really big on Tourism (The Bahamas), I can really relate to how Shiori feels about her town and this is one of the problems that my country has today with a lot of the younger generation (Mine included) wanting to live in like the US and Canada and not really trying to help and develop the islands, so for that, I REALLY liked Shiori and she's probably my favorite

Yoshino is great too and pretty relatable because a lot of us had to go through the whole process of finding a job and a job that we'd like doing/what's within our field of interest during and post college (I'm experiencing this right now actually) so with that regard, I think they nailed that....I also liked seeing how much she held that little flashback of hers in high regards and I found it to be REALLY adorable

Its sad to see that she doesn't like the countryside but seeing how she reacted to those pictures in that little thrown room really showed me that this town just might get her to appreciate where she came from no matter how much it doesn't compare to a big city and seeing that growth in itself will be nice to see

Overall, the visuals were nice, the music was good, it had a really nice and consistent tone/atmosphere and it was just simply a good episode/start and I can't wait to see more
Apr 5, 2017 9:43 AM

Mar 2016
that was a pretty good start.

I actually look forward to next weeks episode
Apr 5, 2017 9:46 AM

Sep 2015
My reaction to Chupacabra, I'm like how can a legendary folklore creature even cross ocean to Japan. Whatmore, the monster and sword scene really is hilarious.
Apr 5, 2017 9:56 AM
Jul 2014
To be honest, it was a bit meh episode. I think the show starts when all 5 of them get together. Maybe I was expecting "Shirobako" and that is a bit too much.
Apr 5, 2017 9:58 AM

May 2015
Finally, P.A. Works' third show in their "Working" series is here! Really hoping that this will be just as amazing as Shirobako or Hanasaku Iroha. I only wonder whether this one will be 1-cour or 2-cour. Hoping for the latter.

Anyway, gotta say it was a great first episode. It had some really funny moments. I'm really liking Yoshino so far! Good OP as well, and a very nice ED. Animation, art and visuals are decent too (which is never a letdown for me when it comes to P.A. Works, as expected).

So far, so good! Looking forward to the next episode!
ReverberateApr 5, 2017 10:01 AM

Apr 5, 2017 10:05 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Those last 6 or 7 minutes finally drew me to really like this first episode. It was almost too mundane for my taste before this.

But that really changed when i got to see the old man and Shiori try to reel Koharu back in with this dumb skit. But it's a charming dumb that made me love the old man and likely most people of this rural little town if this episode was an indication.

Seeing the pictures and how proud the old man looked, that was so heartwarming.

Koharu only took the job because she was tired of not getting any job and her parents about to cut off the money flow for her. I don't really blame her, everyone has their preference (here Tokyo) but you have to comprimise at some point. She came across as a simple minded kid at first but that changed throughout the episode.

Nice start.
Apr 5, 2017 10:06 AM

Jul 2015
Alright first episode, I didn't like much the start even if I understand that it's needed to set up the main character and the story, but the chupacabra part was really funny and the final parts were quite better. Looking forward to seeing if this is one of the series I end up liking the most this season.
Apr 5, 2017 10:12 AM

Dec 2014
Great start, I had a really good feeling when they first announced this and I was hoping this show would be the dark horse of this season and it by all means might just be.

Yoshino is so cute, love her character so far. <3 Shiori is great too but Yoshino is probably way more relatable for me especially with the whole wanting to live in the big city stuff.

The part where Kadota dressed up as the monster and got smacked by Yoshino was hilarious. XD

The final moments with the ED playing and Yoshino realizing that this was the place she came too long ago was very simple yet really beautiful. I was smiling so much as I watched it, I love shows that can make me feel happy for all the simple things like this and this show has already succeeded in doing it in the very first episode. :)

Everything flowed really well together and I really can't think of anything @Tokoya has not already said. XD
Apr 5, 2017 10:15 AM

Aug 2016
I think that was a great start to what will probably be a pretty good anime.

Myself and Im sure a lot of people out there, are in Yoshino's position. Its hard to find a job doing something you love/studied for. Going back to the country side might not have been what she imagined herself doing, but we have to start somewhere.

Surprisingly funny with that hippie guy on the bus and the whole thing with the old guy and his monster costume.

The ending is really catchy <3

Apr 5, 2017 10:17 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty cool episode despite the boring beginning, later it got better, maybe something interesting will come out of it.
Apr 5, 2017 10:21 AM

Jun 2015
Expected a lot out of this, and they've definitely delivered!~
Fantastic start!
The scene with weirdo at the back of the bus totally cracked me up!
Solid OP and ED as well.
Looking forward to next week!

Apr 5, 2017 10:28 AM

Apr 2016
It's finally here !

nice first episode, good op. P.A Works did it again :)

Apr 5, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2013
If we count out sequels, this show is going to be AOTS. I'm calling it already.
Not changing this signature until P.A. Works announces 2nd season of Shirobako.
Apr 5, 2017 10:39 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Soo Joukamachi no Dandelion meets Amagi Brilliant Park? Kinda?

Not totally won over by it yet but it was decent at least
Apr 5, 2017 10:45 AM

Jun 2015
This was a nice first episode. OP and ED sounds okay. Yoshino looks cute when she was young. She hasn't been so successful in finding a job, but finally got one. It wasn't what she wanted. I can relate to her. Living in the countryside can be boring. The guy in the green monster costume was funny. The other characters are pleasant. Looking forward to see more.
Apr 5, 2017 10:52 AM
Feb 2016
The ED is great...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2017 11:10 AM

Mar 2013
HaXXspetten said:
Amagi Brilliant Park? Kinda

Yep, I having also this feel...xD

Edit: Well, this is one of the series where I of course till last ep. watching will, because I love these SoL-anime (and because I can again a BUNBUN/abec work see...xD), it's aproven!!!
Apr 5, 2017 11:41 AM

May 2010
Amagi Brilliant Park+Hanasaku Iroha feel. Nice (more coz of the later)
Apr 5, 2017 11:45 AM
Oct 2012
Cute is the proper word for this series. But it's a nice cute. Now lets see if they can keep it from becoming too sugary.
Apr 5, 2017 11:50 AM

Jan 2015
That's pretty funny for sure, especially when Yoshino use the bag for the final blow. LOL
Still, I still can't decide to keep watching it or not. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 5, 2017 12:16 PM

Dec 2014
a slice of life anime...let's see how it goes for now
Apr 5, 2017 12:37 PM
Nov 2015
aa i'm loving this so far <3 very amagi brilliant park-ish, which i really enjoyed, but also fits right into the working girls theme.

glad to see p.a works making its comeback after 2016.

Apr 5, 2017 12:50 PM

Dec 2014
I've been very much looking forward to this and I'm so happy to say that at least this first episode was really good.
Apr 5, 2017 12:51 PM

Aug 2015
Had some good laugh all throughout the episode, Mahiru's voice was cute ED song was great. I enjoyed the first episode overall.
Apr 5, 2017 12:58 PM

Aug 2016
Reminds me of hanosaku iroha, wich was a great anime!, this looks promosing
Nanika ga Okashii
Apr 5, 2017 1:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I got the Hanasaku Iroha vibes too from this. Tons of fun, specially in the second half. Having moved to a smaller city from the big capital recently, the bit with the last bus passing at 10pm really resonated with me.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 5, 2017 1:07 PM

Oct 2007
Mildly entertaining, which makes it the best (non-sequel) anime of this dreadful season.
Apr 5, 2017 1:21 PM
Jun 2016
Tokoya said:
The song that played at the end when combined with what was going on with Yoshino was great and I got a good amount of feels too lol

I cannot express enough how much I really enjoyed watching this because in addition to having a pretty interesting and likable cast, everything flowed really well and I see a lot of potential in this series

Not only can they go full throttle with Tourism stuff, but coming from a country that's small and really big on Tourism (The Bahamas), I can really relate to how Shiori feels about her town and this is one of the problems that my country has today with a lot of the younger generation (Mine included) wanting to live in like the US and Canada and not really trying to help and develop the islands, so for that, I REALLY liked Shiori and she's probably my favorite

Yoshino is great too and pretty relatable because a lot of us had to go through the whole process of finding a job and a job that we'd like doing/what's within our field of interest during and post college (I'm experiencing this right now actually) so with that regard, I think they nailed that....I also liked seeing how much she held that little flashback of hers in high regards and I found it to be REALLY adorable

Its sad to see that she doesn't like the countryside but seeing how she reacted to those pictures in that little thrown room really showed me that this town just might get her to appreciate where she came from no matter how much it doesn't compare to a big city and seeing that growth in itself will be nice to see

Overall, the visuals were nice, the music was good, it had a really nice and consistent tone/atmosphere and it was just simply a good episode/start and I can't wait to see more

Wow...great analysis there.

One more addition, the town seemed a bit too quiet, and the shops boarded up. And a good number of the town's residents are old. Subtle commetary on Japan's demographic crisis perhaps?
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Apr 5, 2017 1:29 PM
Sep 2016
Nice start for the first episode. Felt like they did a good job setting up the atmosphere and introducing the characters. Definitely has me interested to see more. Wasn't expecting that old man to ride away on an ambulance!
Apr 5, 2017 1:40 PM

Jul 2012
ALL HAIL THE QUEEN OF THE CHUPACABRA KINGDOM!
lol
Nice episode overall :D

Apr 5, 2017 1:49 PM

Jun 2013
PA Works has done it again!
Very enjoyable first episode
Apr 5, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2013
I know Yoshino's feel, 30+ applications and no job :'(

The moment she realized this place was her precious memory was nice, the gramps knew it too and send for her.
Apr 5, 2017 1:58 PM

May 2014
I chuckled when she just ran past the sword.
Apr 5, 2017 2:05 PM

Sep 2016
yo i'm not the best weeb here but the subs look really weird with some weird term like YOSHI and.... using CHAMPION for yusha, I swear the translator is diehard LoL fags who hates dota.

also is it 1 or 2 cours? looks like a lot of cast like in shirobako, better be 2 cours.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Apr 5, 2017 2:09 PM

Dec 2012
GangsterCat said:
yo i'm not the best weeb here but the subs look really weird with some weird term like YOSHI and.... using CHAMPION for yusha, I swear the translator is diehard LoL fags who hates dota.

Yeah, CR is getting more and more shitty
Apr 5, 2017 2:18 PM

Oct 2012
Nice first episode, I had so much fun in the second part :)... And she actually remembered that she was there back in the days where the village was still popular ^^.
I'm thrilled to see how Yoshino's personality is going to evolve on this series.
I tried to search if Manoyama village exists but I didn't find anything :/. Kissuiso (Hanasaku Iroha's inn) was inspired by Kanazawa.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Apr 5, 2017 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
That was actually really good! Pretty much enjoyed the episode... also, I feel bad for the old man because he got hit by Yoshino, but to be fair he kinda deserved it in a sense.

Pretty good production, and was rather enjoyable. The Opening is catchy as fuck too, love it :3
Apr 5, 2017 3:43 PM

Jan 2014
Interesting set up I think this series could lead to some pretty wacky scenarios :D

Although I think I will need to see the rest of the cast of gals play off each other more and it looks like we will be getting that more next episode so that is good :3

I did get one really good laugh out of this episode though; that being Yoshino’s reaction to that guitar guy on the bus XD seriously if someone on a bus spouted that kind of nonsensical BS to me I would opt to back away slowly too!

Apr 5, 2017 4:30 PM

Sep 2012
i really like the character design as well as animation. the concept is a little bit lacking some of information but we have yet to watch the upcoming episodes so we'll see.

is shirobako a good anime like this?
Apr 5, 2017 4:37 PM
Apr 2016
what are the songs can you pm me thanks kinda good especially the ending
Apr 5, 2017 5:23 PM

Dec 2016
I thought this was pretty good. I wanted to watch it after seeing the preview for it.

Looks like it will be a lot of fun in the upcoming episodes.
Apr 5, 2017 5:27 PM

Nov 2014
HaXXspetten said:
Soo Joukamachi no Dandelion meets Amagi Brilliant Park? Kinda?

Is Joukamachi no Dandelion meets Locodol.

And i like Yoshino character but i don't know why. She just caught my attention.

And the music at the end (21:22) some parts sound like the Addams Family theme song.

Edit:

I just notice in the picture (22:00) the bus driver is disguised as the prince.
SephilApr 5, 2017 5:33 PM
Apr 5, 2017 5:29 PM

Jul 2016
This was actually... pretty damn good! I had a few reserves after I saw it was only tagged as comedy, but contrary to my expectations, I felt drew in from the very first few mins. The MC is surprisingly relatable and funny at times, and the story sounds fun but compelling at the same time.

I'll definitely keep watching this, this is how you should do comedy (why does trash like Rokudenashi have almost 1.0 higher score on MAL anyway?)
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

61 by Rakabat »»
Dec 23, 2023 2:17 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

181 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

70 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

47 by toralbabs »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

54 by toralbabs »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.