Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2017 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, it's cute to see some of these girls taking on the role of cooks. This episode actually made me kinda hungry..

I'm still not sure how I feel about their tourst business though. Feels like pacing is slowing down. Adding a bit of drama into this episode was kinda interesting with the arguments between the adults.
May 24, 2017 9:45 AM

Dec 2012
Shiori has a great family.

Ririko ninja, Maki Bruce Lee, Yoshino farm girl, Sanae serial killer?
May 24, 2017 9:59 AM

Jun 2015
Got to meet Shiori's family. They are great. There is some drama between the Board of Merchants and the Tourism Bureau. Shiori then decided to become a leader. I'm happy for her.
May 24, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode as always.

Them dress ups at the beginning were really funny. xD
Shiori truly does have a great family, love their interactions.

The cook dude is also pretty cool, it's pretty clear that there's some sort of misunderstanding in the past between him and Shiori's sister. Hope they can rectify that soon.

I loved how the girls were calling Shiori the devil, that was really funny. XD

Most of the cooking stuff was quite amusing and a lot of fun to watch,

Shiori's conversation with her dad was honestly really beautiful even if her Dad had the wrong idea.

That scene where Shiori coerces the Kadota into going to the tourism board to apologize was epic, devil indeed. XD
Loved the last scene, Shiori stepped up big time, hope she succeeds in remedying the situation. :)
May 24, 2017 10:20 AM

Jan 2015
"A pair of airhead sister" is quote for the episode. LOL
Sayuri seems to be a perfect couple for Kumano. But if the "Anime Law" about childhood friend affected this anime too... That means they can't be lover. Then again both have known each other since high school, which means that doesn't count as childhood friend right?
But there's another serious problem, about the C-Rank Gourmet and Summer Festival.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 24, 2017 11:02 AM

Aug 2013
Another great episode.

Shiori has a sister, Sayuri, and they're both airheads.

There were some misunderstanding about Shiori and the French chef guy. Hope they don't make a drama out of that.

I loved it how Shiori coerced old man Kadota with that pure smile.

May 24, 2017 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
Been waiting for this as it's finally Shiori's time to shine. Yoshino would get depressed after this and surely she will bounce back afterwards. That means only Riri who has yet to shine.

My only complaint is this ep lacks of Sandal-san
May 24, 2017 11:37 AM

Sep 2013
Shiori's family do farming and her older sister has some thing with the kuma france guy.
The gourmet project falls apart but shiori takes it upon herself.
May 24, 2017 11:43 AM

May 2015
Another great episode, as usual. Seems like it's now Shiori's time to shine, taking the lead on this project. The argument at the end had some really good points. How will they preserve the use of their own, local, ingredients instead of relying on foreign companies? Can't wait to find out what they'll come up with this time.

Also, Shiori's moment with her dad was also quite nice and actually touching as well. And she has a cute sister for sure.

May 24, 2017 11:46 AM

Sep 2016
chef kumamon and chef shinomiya (familiar name hmm) will save the day
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
May 24, 2017 12:02 PM

Apr 2016
Great episode again. I wish they would get more of the countryside/nature vibe, going for a walk in the mountains like non non biyori but with girls who are 15 years older. At least we saw them near the fields and at the river in this episode but this was too short. On the other hand I know it isn't a Iyashikei anime.

Good observation : in the countryside the elderly people pushing the "get together" is a true thing. It might become almost intrusive.

Mascera said:
Sayuri seems to be a perfect couple for Kumano. But if the "Anime Law" about childhood friend affected this anime too... That means they can't be lover. Then again both have known each other since high school, which means that doesn't count as childhood friend right?

They weren't childhood friends since they didn't talk when they were in highschool. They had one occasion apparently to know each other better but they missed out. With all the hints at them being highly interested in the other, I would be sad not to see them getting together. Furthermore, you might need tourists to revitalize the countryside, but you need babies/children too.

Which brings me to the big question mark : will we get romance for at least one of the five girls or will it be like Shirobako, all about work? I made a bet on Yoshino mit Maki's brother and Sanae with the sandal wood carving guy and why not bet also on Ririko with sandal san (they are both "oddballs" with their own worlds after all) but it looks like Shiori's sister will be the proxy for romance here. So it's probably better not to pitch my hopes too high.

If those 5 cutties stay single after a year, it means there's really no hope for the japanese countryside :)
May 24, 2017 12:13 PM
Aug 2014
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

Which brings me to the big question mark : will we get romance for at least one of the five girls or will it be like Shirobako, all about work? I made a bet on Yoshino mit Maki's brother and Sanae with the sandal wood carving guy and why not bet also on Ririko with sandal san (they are both "oddballs" with their own worlds after all) but it looks like Shiori's sister will be the proxy for romance here. So it's probably better not to pitch my hopes too high.

I thought of the same ships, lol. Except Ririko and sandal-san.
May 24, 2017 12:26 PM

Sep 2009
Mascera said:
But there's another serious problem, about the C-Rank Gourmet and Summer Festival.

There are a lot odf statistics about childhood friends being among most common winners in romance anime so stop spreading this nonsence.
Nachtwandler_21May 25, 2017 12:19 PM
May 24, 2017 1:55 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Grandma and grandpa of Shiori are the biggest shippers xD

Shiori is taking the lead in the cooking project! That will be her development!
May 24, 2017 2:13 PM

Feb 2014
Shiori's Grandparents must be desperate for great-grand kids if they're giving Kemono a helping hand in choosing between Shiori and her sister Sayuri as his future lover. XD

The whole group have hit a stumbling block with creating dishes made using locally-resourced food from Manoyama. Not only are they struggling with the dishes, but their scheduled date for the food event clashes with the Board of Merchant's event, which has left Ririko's mother pissed off.

Seeing Yoshino's group looking apologetic in front of the board of merchants and getting a bit too much stick from Ririko's mother made me fell sympathetic for her and the rest of the group, but I'm glad Shiori has stepped up to take on the project as the leader this time.

She might've hesitated to do that earlier in the episode, but this should give her the character development she needs right now. Hopefully she'll be able to steer the group away from certain failure and salvage something, hopefully. =)
May 24, 2017 3:10 PM

Oct 2013
A fine EP and such a nice way to introduce new characters.

Shirori's refusal to take the lead on the gourmet event, and Ririko's agreeing with her, evaporates after her long talk with her father and the apology meeting with the Merchant's Board. She really stood up in an impressive way. Can't wait for next week, but I probably say that every week with this series. It keeps getting better.
May 24, 2017 5:32 PM

Dec 2016
Let me try that.... wanna get take out? lol.

I wonder what Shiori will come up with after that disaster?

hopefully she can make things right and get thing back on track for the team.
May 24, 2017 6:40 PM

Apr 2010
Love is in the air but there seems to be some complications with it.
Anyway there is also other trouble coming along which they will have a hard time solving from the looks of things.
May 24, 2017 7:13 PM

Sep 2013
An episode focused heavily on Shiori? Yes please!

I like Shiori's family and her sister. The pair of airheads comment made me chuckle. I didn't like the misunderstanding that the grandparents may have caused with Shiori and The Bear though. I got the Three's Company vibe out of it with the random old people always causing a misunderstanding.

Also...Shiori is to pure and innocent to marry so she should stay sing....unless its with me...Then I'm fine with corrupting her a little.

Sayuri seems cool and I like her. I'm interested on where this will go with Bear. Everyone's outfits before they started farming was hilarious and out of no where. This was a fun episode with lots of going on so I'm really stoked to see the next episode...especially if it's a Shiori episode. All hail the true Queen! (in my world)

May 24, 2017 7:14 PM

Jan 2015
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Mascera said:

Therre are a lot odf statisticvs about childhood friends being among most common winners in romance anime so stop spreading this nonsence.
Whoops, someone is triggered since the "romance cloud" in this anime is thin so far. Okay if you want to talk about statistics then I guess we'll have to wait and watch what will happen with those not-really childhood friend after all. I'm just guessing after all. ;)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
May 24, 2017 7:53 PM

Dec 2013
So happy for Shiori that she's finally getting the spotlight! Boy would I love to get married into her family. XD

Wonder how Shiori's gonna solve the situation, and there's the one with her sister and the chef too. Also, I feel Yoshino really has to step up her game as Queen.
May 24, 2017 8:06 PM

Jan 2017
This shows been getting better and better. I loved the movie arc and this looks like it'll be an interesting continuation.
May 24, 2017 9:17 PM

Oct 2012
I really enjoyed this one, probably much better than the others. Not sure what it was because on paper it's still pretty boring. I think all the characters are working well for me now.
May 24, 2017 10:32 PM

May 2016
Shiori episode? I wasn't expecting this for another 10 episode.

Shiori x Kuma misunderstanding is something I hope get resolved quickly. Romantic understandings are rarely fun. We could have had cute Sayuri x Kuma moments instead. I say the romantic interest for her is going to be the neighbour's son.

I also find it a little weird that none of them went across town looking for inspiration. Shiori's house is fine but they could also go to the cafe or the literal French restaurant that uses local ingredients. That by itself could be a tourist attraction. I know it works for Italian restaurants in small Japanese towns.

Also, where is Sandal-san? This is the one time where I hope I was just dumb for not noticing.
May 25, 2017 12:45 AM

Mar 2016
dm106 said:
Ysad_Ziwezhan said:

I thought of the same ships, lol. Except Ririko and sandal-san.
LMAO I think I just found my OTP
No seriously.
May 25, 2017 12:55 AM

Jul 2016
Best episode ever! Coming up with another 5/5 again. This anime never disappoints.

They're going for cuisine now. Internet, handicraft, movie, wonder what's next.

Yoshino in ponytail > your waifu

May 25, 2017 4:54 AM

Apr 2017
"There's a bear over there"

*camera pans to Kumano-san catching fish bare hands in a very bear-like fashion* oh the puns XD
May 25, 2017 6:01 AM

Apr 2017
This episode was quite good but the pacing suddenly became bad. It's nice Shiori will replace the position of Yoshi as a queen for a little time. I hope the next will be better than this.
May 25, 2017 9:45 AM

Mar 2013
Damn, that was really wonderful episode.

We get to see more focus on Shiori. Her family was full of nice people. Well I didn't expected her sister to get any attention the moment she was introduced. And we see some love in the air? Hope the misunderstanding centering around Sayuri x Shiori x Bear guy resolves soon.

A pair of airhead sisters XD
When Shiori coerced that old man for apology... she's a satan indeed XD
May 25, 2017 3:51 PM

Dec 2012
shokugeki no sakura
May 25, 2017 5:35 PM

Aug 2013
The weird costumes and the dishes are funny.

They continue to bring forth the lives of the country-side. Any opposite sex who is around the same age is a highly possible spouse since there are barely any people.

Ysad_Ziwezhan said:
Great episode again. I wish they would get more of the countryside/nature vibe, going for a walk in the mountains like non non biyori but with girls who are 15 years older. At least we saw them near the fields and at the river in this episode but this was too short. On the other hand I know it isn't a Iyashikei anime.

I think it is closer to reality for a town focused on farming to not have mountains near it. Unless there is a reason for them to go there, there shouldn't be a scene about it.

Great to see Shiori decided to take the lead. The obvious solution here would be combine the 2 events, such as putting a booth that sells their gourmet food in the summer festival.
May 25, 2017 5:58 PM
Mar 2015
Best ep yet. The queen sure gets yelled at a lot by the elderly, who should know better than to be harsh towards a young woman. Hope this group of sexy women find a way of turning this town's fortunes around.
May 25, 2017 6:45 PM

Aug 2015
I like their "Anti-Sunlight gears" especially Sanae. Well I would prefer Sayuri to be paired on chef Kuma than Shiori.

Sayuri's VA is Mamiko Noto right? If yes then her and Rina Ueda is perfectly fit for sisters, their voice were very much alike.
May 25, 2017 9:05 PM

Jul 2015
Some interesting outfits they chose to wear, and a nice way to start the episode. All the food and cooking was enjoyable to watch, and I like their unique methods towards handling food. All in all a good episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 25, 2017 11:13 PM

Mar 2009
Good Shiori episode. 2nd best girl.
May 26, 2017 12:06 AM

Mar 2016
Kinda fluffy episode with no real content but it's such a peaceful easy going anime to watch that that's not a bad thing
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
May 26, 2017 7:33 AM

Jan 2017
It turns out that Shiori has an older sister named Sayuri which is also an airhead

I love air-headed girl, hail nurse Sayuri gozaru !

Happy Birthday To Me~

May 26, 2017 10:03 AM

May 2010
Dammit. The Sayuri x Chef ship is gonna sail hard.

Shiori being observant and everyone thinking the Chef is interested in her lol.

Dat nice dad-daughter convo was heartwarming.

Shiori with dat savage "Are you kidding, right?" I love savage nice people.

Ah Shiyoriiii

Dammit I love this anime.

Everyone develops so nice...

I love how this show doesn't shy away from romance despite being a girls-only main cast. It's pretty special.

May 27, 2017 7:46 AM
Jul 2015
i always feel shiori vibe as a caring mother & wife.... no wonder she feels like that, her entire family consist all those traits, she made a fine wife, worth sacrificing city life
May 27, 2017 12:52 PM

Sep 2015
Liked this episode more than last week. Kuma san was amusing and a good addition to the growing supporting cast. The beginning where they're all just mashing food together haphazardly was pretty damn funny. I like Maki and Sanae's burgeoning friendship. That's moving along a little faster than I expected. And we're getting a Shiori steps up to the plate story now. I thought the scheduling conflict with the Merchant's Association was maybe a little rushed and forced. But I'm curious to see where they go with it. Not that interested in Shiori's family. They're all a little dull except maybe her sister. But I am slightly interested if her or Shiori (or maybe neither) will end up with Kuma san. Probably the sister right?
May 28, 2017 2:40 PM

Feb 2008
Shiori's annoyed face was scary...

As usual, one need not reside in a city to experience drama. The cooking competition was interesting, given the eccentric nature of the participants as well as their eclectic creations. Affairs surrounding Shiori's sister and the chef were also rather intriguing.
May 29, 2017 10:27 AM

Jun 2013
Absolutely fantastic episode!
I really like the story of this one!!
May 31, 2017 3:48 AM

Jan 2014
Lol shiori! :D a peek into her evil side ;)
Insert Signature Here
May 31, 2017 6:44 AM

Dec 2014
Wow, that meeting was intense.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Jun 3, 2017 7:17 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Roses are red violets are blue, I can tell you this, Shiori is just not for you.

Shiori or Sayuri, the guy loves Sayuri. He should really stop putting himself down, there's probably many things Sayuri might like about him.

It was nice to see the many dishes the girls made. I thought Maki's was pretty cool, a bit more than Yoshi's. But gotta admit, Sanae's dish was so hilarious. Flying Ramen xD.

That meeting was lit and the old lady Oribe I believe has a point. Once they start getting tourists they will call that success? But the moment things slow down it's back to the drawing board.

Jun 5, 2017 6:41 PM

Sep 2016
shioree my babbyyy
Facta Non Verba
Jun 15, 2017 5:10 AM

Jul 2009
Seems that was a misunderstand between the chef and Shiori's sister, they both said that the other didn't come to the place they agreed on.
Jun 15, 2017 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
I do not know why, but did not like this whole episode, I felt like the narration was forced, who knows! But beyond that I admit this is an episode, it was a further opportunity to grow the group and to better understand the character of Shiori. The backgrounds were really beautiful and I found the narration interesting because of the many interesting things she gave.
Jun 18, 2017 3:01 PM

Oct 2012
What an episode! Probably the best character developement of this series so far.

It's interesting to think that Shiori would be a lot better queen than Yoshino who is being looked-down because she's outsider.

And I wonder what happens with her sister and Kumano, I bet Shiori gets them together somehow as it seems it was just misunderstanding that they didn't met back on their date back then.

If I have to bet I would say Sayuri (Mamiko Noto!) would stay in the city afterall, marrying Kumano and overtaking the family farm in the end, letting Shiori make her own choice as to what she wants to do with her future, let's see.

Also, this episode captured the rural atmosphere of small town pretty nicely, with that harvest and their petty little board meeting.
Jul 12, 2017 9:45 PM
Jun 2014
'you're joking right?'
haHAAA
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

181 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:46 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

70 by toralbabs »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:26 AM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

47 by toralbabs »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:03 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2017

54 by toralbabs »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Sakura Quest Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2017

50 by toralbabs »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.