Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 25, 2017 3:30 PM

Mar 2014
MoeGod said:
I thought Rin was going to be the death of this anime with his idiocy but no, it turns out to be Yukio. He was really fucking annoying the entire season with his rigid personality and self doubt which was dragged on for too long. It's like can't you spend one episode without screaming please -_- I thought screaming like a baboon was Rin's trademark but Rin was surprisingly rather docile and capable compared to the buffoon that is Yukio.

I rate this higher than the first season but Yukio was too much a pain in the ass that I can't give this more than 6/10
Fuck you Yukio!

Haha, trust me; he's even worse in the manga. Little prick >_> I stopped reading the manga altogether because it got to the point where I was just so done with his shit.
Mar 25, 2017 3:43 PM

Sep 2011
This was a fun little series, i generally didnt mind the slow pacing though the series really cant escape being really standard, still I think its a safe little show that never really bored me.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 25, 2017 4:53 PM

May 2010
Honestly, it was a bit boring to me, even though I'm apparently in the minority here... It could work as a part of 24-ep series, but on its own it doesn't really work, nothing memorable or particularly original about it. Maybe if it gets another season, it's gonna be somehow better... For now I'm rather disappointed, 6/10

Too bad, animation and OST were really damn good.
Mar 25, 2017 5:20 PM
Aug 2009
Liked the first season a lot, but just wasn't a fan of this 2nd season. Action was a bit boring and too much melodrama that I didn't care for. Especially for a shounen series where the hallmark should be the action and fighting in theory.

The anime itself probably did a good job though. I think the source material from the manga was just lacking, and yeah, the 1 cour did not help this show.
Mar 25, 2017 6:09 PM

Feb 2014
The relationship of two supporting characters is more interesting than protagonists'.
Mar 25, 2017 7:37 PM

Mar 2017
I don't really like Mamushi that much, but her reaction to the marriage propose is too damn cute!

And poor Rin getting friendzoned xD

The Satan part jokes got me the first time but not the second time.

I like this season more than the first one. I would wait for the OVA and hoping for season 3.
Mar 25, 2017 8:50 PM

Aug 2016
Good ending to this series.

Set by SenpieX
Mar 25, 2017 9:52 PM

Jan 2013
Nice reflection episode to end the season.
Hopefully the next season doesn't take as long to come out.
Still barely feels like the story has gotten very far. Almost like a string of side plots that happen to advance the characters a bit each time.
Mar 25, 2017 10:05 PM

Nov 2014
Mar 25, 2017 10:14 PM

May 2010
ttcchen said:
At 10:18, why did Rin call Yukio "brother" (nii-chan)??? It should be the other way around!

Oh, totally forgot about it, what was with that? I didn't get that either @_@
Mar 26, 2017 12:59 AM

Mar 2009
wew lad. Seductive Shura is seductive. I'll miss her most of all.

I had no idea Mamushi and Juzo were together all this time.
Poor Rin. Forever friendzoned by Shiemi.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty strong season.
Mar 26, 2017 1:48 AM

Dec 2012
It's interesting that Yukio would say Rin is becoming more like Satan. If anything, he strikes me as far more susceptible to evil. I'm not convinced Toudou would have gone to such lengths in trying to persuade Yukio if he wasn't. Not to mention awakening those eyes and his jealousy of Rin's straightforward attitude. Ah but despite that, they still had a good broment at the end. As for Mephisto, he continues to intrigue me as his motives are all but shrouded in complete mystery.

I'm sure glad I decided to re-watch the first season (well, up to ep 17) to build up to this new season. Ao no Exorcist was one of the first shows I watched when I returned to anime years ago and it felt so special to see a proper sequel. I'm not that enthusiastic about monks or the whole Buddha shrine scene in anime, but this had me completely immersed. Ryuuji's father was a true man of men for sure. I'm also rooting for Juzo x Mamushi. That scene with everyone reacting to the marriage announcement was so adorable. While I certainly hope against all odds for more, this definitely piqued my interest in the manga.

8/10
Mar 26, 2017 2:45 AM

Mar 2012
I find it utterly ridiculous that Mamushi can get away with the shit she pulled with just a slap on the wrist. Then the whole marriage thing, this show has gotten so dam corny.

Overall it was a decent continuation of the series but the first half really dragged on. The fight with the Impure King and the one with Toudou is when the show started to shine again. Hopefully now that everyone is fine with Rin again and he can use his sword/powers S3 (whenever it happens) will be more enjoyable.
Mar 26, 2017 3:43 AM

May 2016
Rin gets friendzoned and Juzo take Mamushi for his wife.
It's good ending but i don't feel this season. I felt like OVA not a normal season
Predictible story and choses. 5/10
Mar 26, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2014
I legit got a half boner at that Shura scene, damn her outfit were fuckin lewd, and her VA just make her even more so.

Hard to compare it to the first season since it had 24 episode to tell a story while this only had 13 episode.
All things said, amazing adaptation even tho they only have 12 episode, I like the way they portrayed the new cast, they have a decent amount of screen time and actually make me care about them, I like Suguro fathers, Juzo and Mamushi, good cgaracter.
A lot of nice action and glad this arc had a proper closure instead of just leaving it at some obnoxious cliffhanger.
Overall 7/10 and I hope it will get another sequel, the sales of the first season is amazing so I bet they still have enough money to make another one even if this one sold poorly.
Mar 26, 2017 4:37 AM

Apr 2014
Avenger-senpai said:
I find it utterly ridiculous that Mamushi can get away with the shit she pulled with just a slap on the wrist. Then the whole marriage thing, this show has gotten so dam corny.
Meh, Not really tho, they just don't go around beating a dead horse, all of them is a family and their boss has deemed her as not guilty, simole as that.
It's their problem and they solve it themselves before Vatican got involved, so it's normal if she got away with it.
Mar 26, 2017 8:14 AM

Mar 2009
Poor Rin, friendzoned for life. XD It's been a long wait for this season of this anime. Just wonder how long we all have to wait for season 3.
Mar 26, 2017 8:25 AM

Jun 2013
Rin sustained severe injuries when Shiemi permanently threw him into the bottomless pit of the friendzone. Don't worry Rinski you're the son of Satan I am sure you can recover from this.

OMG. What happened between Juzou and Mamushi yesterday? lol Funny that Juzou wants to marry Mamushi, I shipped them ever since I saw them argue for the first time. They reminded me of my married friends who argue but can't live without one another. LOL at Kinzo and the Mamushi's sisters reaction. Imagine a snake-like Shiima baby, he'd/she'd be cool with Mamushi's eyes.

That Kyoto Tower mascot reminds me of the Justaways from Gintama lol

I wish there was a season 3. Heard the sales weren't so good.
臭い-
Mar 26, 2017 9:22 AM

Dec 2013
Great end to the arc.
Juzou just hugged Mamushi and ends up causing all sorts of misunderstandings with his innuendos. It's great he's finally decided to be true to his heart though, and I'm pretty sure Mamushi feels the same way.

Poor Rin, trolled endlessly by his friends and friendzoned by Shiemi. His positive, innocent attitude will pull him through though.

Can someone tell me which chapter in the manga I should start reading if I wanted to start at the beginning of this episode?

Season 3 really needs to be made.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Mar 26, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 2015
The episode gave a satisfying conclusion to what is sadly nothing more than the next chapter.

4/5

A good full intrigue added, and well done at that. But it feels as pointless as getting the second chapter (out of more) of a book into movie form.

Score: 6/10 (because I'm not considering the negative)

@L-Ryoshi You'll have to start in the middle of the ninth volume (something around chapters 33-39), where a short story begins. (Can't give you the exact chapter because I read it a long time ago)
Rei_IIIMar 26, 2017 10:09 AM
Mar 26, 2017 10:19 AM

Jan 2014
Marriage? wut? Mamushi should be in prison.

4/5
5/10

First and last episodes were good. Rest episodes were just boring.

btw. why the hell nobody used camouflage poncho in a fight?
Taito10Mar 26, 2017 10:30 AM
Mar 26, 2017 10:21 AM

Sep 2013
i wonder how long ill have to wait again
Mar 26, 2017 10:48 AM
Jan 2009
Rin called yukio ni-chan
Mar 26, 2017 1:59 PM
Mar 2017
This season was great. The anime has respected the manga.
The next one would be more dark, I hope sincerely ...
I noted some indications in this episode for the next seasons listed below in SPOIL warning.
I look forward to seeing more in the next seasons :)
I just hope that the season 3 is not in 5 years ....

/!\ SPOIL
- relation between the two brothers
- Yukio : his stress, his complicated relation with Rin, and of course his blue eye .....
- Shima, no one has noticed him during marriage announcement
- Méphisto : as raised by Shura, his implication for all odd cases and his well-prepared plan
- Shura : point highlighted by Méphisto to Shura, how the life is short and precious, she should enjoy it
- Takara : why Méphisto has selected him in the team (for Shura's presence, we already know)

/!\ END SPOIL

I advise you to read the scan, they are handsome
Mar 26, 2017 4:40 PM
Jul 2018
Oh finally finished with a good smile on my face! We should be glad that this got season 2 and didnt manga read although but with the pacing seems smooth hence i can assure that it faithfully adapted that arc nicely.The Animation quality was really relaxing and polishing and overall I love this season very much.I can understand why the hate around people but they must realise that this is shounen! and from my lots of shounen anime watch, this anime matched perfectly with how shounen genre works - Raw power of Manliness and Jokes, Excellent! 9/10 from me.

Dat the pleasant ending! Hope we get another miracle upcoming next year! Not to mention the Opening was always pleasant to watch.

Edit: I think if season 1 could end somehow unoriginal, then they could make this easily 12 episode to movie version.Well either way, that came into my mind.
removed-userMar 26, 2017 4:45 PM
Mar 26, 2017 5:33 PM

Aug 2015
omfg it's over noooo... 😭

Mar 26, 2017 8:42 PM
Jul 2016
when Rin and Yukio were talking at the end of the eps that scene was the ending for chapter 37 in the manga and in eps 11 when Rin told Yukio to accept his power that was in Chapter 36 so if the OVA is the beach arc then i wonder how are they gonna do it
Mar 26, 2017 11:10 PM
Mar 2016
Glad that's over with, who care if Rin got friend-zoned, he's better off being Shura's boy bitch that be Shiemi's lover.
Mar 26, 2017 11:56 PM

Jun 2009
Son of satan, can't get complete control of his flames, forever friendzoned... Rin can't win.
I liked this final episode, was pretty good. But overall this season was quite mediocre. Not better than the first for me, but I am interested to see what Mephisto's scheme is all about.

How long will the season 3 wait be?
Mar 27, 2017 1:46 AM

Mar 2010
warm , sad , but cheerful . its been a while seeing anime like this haha
hope for season 3 adaptation
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2017 4:10 AM

Aug 2013
Really enjoyed this season.

Rin, forever friendzoned. I know how you fell.

Mar 27, 2017 9:46 PM

Jun 2012
This season really dragged, and the climax battle with the impure felt like it ended in a second. Still I hope theres another season.
Mar 28, 2017 4:47 PM

Jul 2014
Permanent friend zone. ROFL

As expected, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this... proof of that is I blasted through all 12 episodes in a single sitting. (It's almost 8 AM now since I refused to stop until I finished it. lol) I do hope they'll turn the rest of the manga into another season (or more) since the story in the manga really does get even more interesting from here.
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Mar 28, 2017 5:34 PM

Mar 2017
Rin got friend zoned hard LOL

Mephisto is so much like Izaya Orihara, I wonder what he's plotting. You can't hate him XD

Loved the Satan gag XD

Really liked this season, let's hope for another one
Mar 29, 2017 2:41 AM

Nov 2016
It's been a great ride, surely gonna miss this series. Now, how many years do we have to wait for Season 3? :(
Mar 29, 2017 11:29 AM

Jul 2009
Rin went to a 4ever ever friendzone lol
It was a nice surprise that Juzu asked to marry Mamushi.
7/10
Mar 29, 2017 1:47 PM

Mar 2013
Meh, Iluminatti arc, when?
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Mar 29, 2017 8:25 PM
Feb 2014
Hopefully we get a season 3 of this anime.
Mar 29, 2017 11:58 PM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
It's the BonRin episode! Buwahaha. Even if they took the Mickey out of Rin hehe

Mar 30, 2017 3:12 AM

Nov 2011
Compared to last season started very well and been declining disastrously, in almost all its aspects, this season albeit brief, fails to meet expectations and is better than the past in many ways. The plot advances and interpersonal relationships and the growth of the characters, is tangible in a clear manner. Perhaps it is not the high quality of the drawings and animations, but compared to the first season, has taken a step forward. Catchy soundtrack.

For now, my vote is 7/10.
Mar 31, 2017 1:58 AM

Sep 2010
Which chapter should I start with if I want to continue with the manga after this season?
Mar 31, 2017 3:39 AM

Dec 2013
2000shadow2000 said:
Which chapter should I start with if I want to continue with the manga after this season?

Chapter 35 takes place right after this arc.
Mar 31, 2017 8:52 AM

Apr 2014
Damn it! It's already over! I want more! Why?!
But the manga doesn't have enough content to make another one.
Anyway, I'm gonna rate this anime an 8 out of 10 score overall.
Haters always gonna hate.
Mar 31, 2017 3:23 PM

Apr 2012
can someone tell me whats behind the "age" question from meph to shura and why she suddendly backed off after that?
Apr 1, 2017 1:20 AM

Oct 2008
All is fine, All is well...even-though I haven't watched S1.
4/5.
8/10.

Apr 1, 2017 2:06 AM

May 2009
I'm sad that the anime only lasted for 12 more episodes. I would really like to see the whole thing, but I'm afraid I have to at least wait 5 more years (or it might even never appear).

Might consider reading the manga instead, though it would not be the same :(

Anyway I'm glad that things turned around. Didn't really like the first few episodes, but I surely liked the rest of it. I would give it a solid 8/10
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 1, 2017 7:56 AM

Dec 2012
Rin was friendzoned by Shiemi, such a sad ending.

I am impressed to be sad because Ao no exorcist is over, this adaptation was so much better than the first one. It was a good idea to focus the episodes more on the other characters, I loved the story between Ryuji and his father.
Rin and Yukio are still nice to watch.

Very good season, I am hoping to see a new one with a development of Yukio.
SakaitsuApr 1, 2017 7:59 AM
Apr 1, 2017 8:53 AM
Apr 2016
phreeak said:
can someone tell me whats behind the "age" question from meph to shura and why she suddendly backed off after that?

Because that was full-fledged threat coming from him. As obvious as a giant border wall.
Re:formed
Apr 2, 2017 12:41 AM

May 2015
That little talk between Mephisto & Shura and his threat made want to know more about her...

A moment of silence for our fallen brother who fought and fell in the battle against the friend zone XD

Overall I liked this season, my only gripe is that I would love to see more interactions between the brothers. My highlight/MVP from this season was Tatsuma.
Apr 2, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2012
Pretty nice closure of this season, I do wonder if we'll see a third season to see what will happen next. But in general I quite liked this shorter second season, as it was quite intense with lots of action and great character development.

All in all a great second season!
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2017

76 by BassoContinuo »»
Jun 15, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

85 by ningerundayo »»
Apr 7, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

92 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

77 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

51 by Hayley2877 »»
Mar 19, 11:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.